Here's the getting my Nerve Restore(d)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, I need to send a huge thank you to Dsade for allowing me to try this out. A little background on why I wanted to try this out. In undergrad, I was heavily into MMA for 5 years. After undergrad ended and grad school began, I slowly began to stop training. The fire was still inside of me (and it sparks every now and then), but I could seldom make it to practice and I needed to find something else to fulfill my athletic endeavors. Luckily, there was a group of powerlifters that rented out a space in my old MMA gym and it was an instant segue for me.

However, it has not been the easiest thing physically. I haven't had anything major in terms of injuries, but there have been many, many sprains and strains along the way. Right now, my two biggest problems are my right AC and my lower back. It is primarily my quadratus lumborum in my back that is tight and it causes my hips to be uneven.

So far, I've taken the product twice and it's obviously too early to tell anything outside of that I tolerate it well in terms of my GI. I will also be adding in some Eviscerate on my chest, arms, and shoulders once my tattoo heals completely.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/26

Sumo
325x2x8

Hack Squats
225x10x4

Rolling Hypers/Hanging Leg Raises
BWx15x4/BWx15x4

I haven't felt well the past couple of days and my energy levels were quite low today. The lumbar was a little tight, but nothing too bad. My speed wasn't bad on the pulls and my main goal was to just get in some work and extra bloodflow.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tried the Eviscerate for the first time in awhile to my abs and I forgot how much of a kick the capsaicin has.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2/28

Incline DB Press
85x10x3

HS Pronated Row
145x12x4

DB Pullovers/Prone Rear Fly
55x12x3/40x12x3

Hammer Curl/Side Laterals
45x12x2/30x12x2

Holy burn, Batman. The Eviscerate had me feeling like I was sweating fire along my entire upper body. I've used the cap roll-on many times and it felt about the same while I was sweating it out.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/2

Squat (w/ 46 Ace Briefs and 54 Ace suit)
515x2
545x2x3

Walking DB Lunges/DB Shrugs
50x20x3/90x15x3

Rollouts/Planks
BWx10x2/30x2

It took me a bit to lock in on the day, but I am noticing some big things already. Number one is my kinesthetic awareness was much better today than it has been in a long time. I could feel my hips go into external rotation easier on my squats and it helped my speed immensely, which has been a hit or miss for me since October-ish. Secondly, my M-M connection was vastly improved. It wasn't so much present on the squats as that is not the goal, but I could (finally) feel the contraction during my shrugs. I've been having issues for years with my right shoulder and I have been unable to bench more than a handful of times in months. Part of this reason is that my ability to stabilize my scapula is compromised right now and I haven't been able to feel my upper traps contracting during shrugs. Today, that changed and I was able to feel the contraction on each rep. I'm really hoping this is where I start to turn the corner towards benching again.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/2

515x2
545x2x3

50x20x3/90x15x3

Rollouts/Planks
BWx10x2/30x2

It took me a bit to lock in on the day, but I am noticing some big things already. Number one is my kinesthetic awareness was much better today than it has been in a long time. I could feel my hips go into external rotation easier on my squats and it helped my speed immensely, which has been a hit or miss for me since October-ish. Secondly, my M-M connection was vastly improved. It wasn't so much present on the squats as that is not the goal, but I could (finally) feel the contraction during my shrugs. I've been having issues for years with my right shoulder and I have been unable to bench more than a handful of times in months. Part of this reason is that my ability to stabilize my scapula is compromised right now and I haven't been able to feel my upper traps contracting during shrugs. Today, that changed and I was able to feel the contraction on each rep. I'm really hoping this is where I start to turn the corner towards benching again.

domore

Awards
3/2

515x2
545x2x3

50x20x3/90x15x3

Rollouts/Planks
BWx10x2/30x2

I don't think you're the only one that struggles with proper scapular movement. With all the exercises that pull down on the lats (e.g., deads, pull ups, etc.), upward scapular rotation is definitely hindered. I've been adding in some specific movements (like landmine press) to help with my shoulder/scapular issues.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think you're the only one that struggles with proper scapular movement. With all the exercises that pull down on the lats (e.g., deads, pull ups, etc.), upward scapular rotation is definitely hindered. I've been adding in some specific movements (like landmine press) to help with my shoulder/scapular issues.
It's a newer issue for me as, until recently, I have always had great thoracic mobility. However, I've been unable to contract and hold my upper back in the appropriate positions for each lift.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here I am...

domore

Awards
It's a newer issue for me as, until recently, I have always had great thoracic mobility. However, I've been unable to contract and hold my upper back in the appropriate positions for each lift.
Ahh, got it. I really like Eric Cressey's take on shoulder/thoracic mobility. I've been implementing a series of exercises prior to my workouts to improve those issues.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/3

OHP
135x6
145x6x2
145x10

Meadows Row
90x10x3
115x10

Suspended BW Row/Pullaparts (monster mini)
BWx10x3/10x3

Cambered Curl/Tate Press
85x12x3/40x12x3

I woke up with something I haven't had in ages: soreness in my upper traps. I was able to successfully work an almost "dead" muscle in terms of M-M connection. I have also been having issues with feeling my right lat contract (due to the tight supraspinatus) and I noticed an improvement in connection. It is by no means where it needs to be or has been in the past, but any improvement is progress on getting the area back to where it needs to be.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, another highly innovative and outside the box supplement from Matt P. Very interested in your feedback.

domore

Awards
3/3 OHP 135x6 145x6x2 145x10 Meadows Row 90x10x3 115x10 Suspended BW Row/Pullaparts (monster mini) BWx10x3/10x3 Cambered Curl/Tate Press 85x12x3/40x12x3 I woke up with something I haven't had in ages: soreness in my upper traps. I was able to successfully work an almost "dead" muscle in terms of M-M connection. I have also been having issues with feeling my right lat contract (due to the tight supraspinatus) and I noticed an improvement in connection. It is by no means where it needs to be or has been in the past, but any improvement is progress on getting the area back to where it needs to be.
What other modalities are you using (alongside Nerve Restore) to help with the issue?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What other modalities are you using (alongside Nerve Restore) to help with the issue?
MFR with different instruments (Rumble Roller, PVC, baseball, Beastie) along with Eric Cressey scapula/shoulder mobility.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
This is such an interesting product. Following along for sure.

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
sub'd

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Late to the party, but in for some fine reading!

domore

Awards
MFR with different instruments (Rumble Roller, PVC, baseball, Beastie) along with Eric Cressey scapula/shoulder mobility.
That's a nice game plan. I've been practically making love to a lacrosse ball to loosen up my psoas.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First, I need to send a huge thank you to Dsade for allowing me to try this out. A little background on why I wanted to try this out. In undergrad, I was heavily into MMA for 5 years. After undergrad ended and grad school began, I slowly began to stop training. The fire was still inside of me (and it sparks every now and then), but I could seldom make it to practice and I needed to find something else to fulfill my athletic endeavors. Luckily, there was a group of powerlifters that rented out a space in my old MMA gym and it was an instant segue for me.

However, it has not been the easiest thing physically. I haven't had anything major in terms of injuries, but there have been many, many sprains and strains along the way. Right now, my two biggest problems are my right AC and my lower back. It is primarily my quadratus lumborum in my back that is tight and it causes my hips to be uneven.

So far, I've taken the product twice and it's obviously too early to tell anything outside of that I tolerate it well in terms of my GI. I will also be adding in some Eviscerate on my chest, arms, and shoulders once my tattoo heals completely.
Flawless will heal that tatt right up in a few days!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/5

Sumo (w/ 46 Ace briefs) +80# chain
365x2x7

Hack Squat
315x8x2
315x12

DB Shrugs/Standing Band Crunches (average)
90x15x2/15x3

Uni Hypers
BWx10x3

M-M is still improving on the shrugs and also the uni hyperextensions. Speed on sumo was very good and I'm noticing less rest between sets. However, sweating out the Eviscerate was quite painful during sumo, but I sure as hell did keep a tight posture.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/7

Wide Incline
135x10x5

HS Row (neutral)/Pullaparts (monster mini)
145x10x4/15x4

Prone Rear Fly/Pullovers
40x10x4/50x10x4

Cambered Curls/Side Lateral
75x10x3/30x10x3

Blast Strap Tri Ex/Band Facepulls/Band Pressdowns (light)
BWx10x2/20x2/20x2

Shoulder was cranky as hell yesterday and I could never get comfortable on the incline so I did extra TUT and pauses. It was the first time I've done the extensions on the straps in awhile and they're just as tough as I remember. The position at the top didn't irritate my shoulder so I'm hoping to implement some push-ups on them to get in some extra pressing.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/9

Squat
415x2
465x0

DB Shrugs
95x15x4

Prone Incline Shrugs/Pullaparts (mini)
70x15x3/15x3

Today freaking sucked. I pulled my hamstring near the medial insertion on 415 and thought it was just a cramp at first, but it was more than that. Even getting into a lunge position later in the session irritated the area. Training has been maddeningly inconsistent lately as I'll have 2-3 great sessions and then an absolutely awful session.

domore

Awards
3/9 Squat 415x2 465x0 DB Shrugs 95x15x4 Prone Incline Shrugs/Pullaparts (mini) 70x15x3/15x3 Today freaking sucked. I pulled my hamstring near the medial insertion on 415 and thought it was just a cramp at first, but it was more than that. Even getting into a lunge position later in the session irritated the area. Training has been maddeningly inconsistent lately as I'll have 2-3 great sessions and then an absolutely awful session.
Ah, Rodja! I feel for you. You can look at the injury a couple of ways. This may be a change up that will get you away from the inconsistency. Yes, rehab is never fun, but a step back may get you back on your track.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Little late to the party, but just wanted to sub. I'll read back and catch up on things this evening.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cranky and tender. It's been a ****ty training year so far.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
****ing sucks. I'm having Graston done tomorrow for my shoulder. I'll let ya know how it works for the ol' AC.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've done some self-Graston with a butter knife and lotion. It definitely helps to break up the junk in the area.

domore

Awards
I've done some self-Graston with a butter knife and lotion. It definitely helps to break up the junk in the area.
That sounds like a story of one wild night...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The area was very bruised, but it didn't hurt that much during the technique itself.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did you think it improved your areas? I have a good friend who is regularly treated with Graston and swears by it.

I really hope that hammy improves R.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you think it improved your areas? I have a good friend who is regularly treated with Graston and swears by it. I really hope that hammy improves R.
I haven't done it enough to really give it any sort of solid feedback. I did, however, notice that the fascia in the area was smoother (for lack of a better word).

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, all caught up.

Really sorry to hear about the hamstring, man. That truly sucks (especially when you think it's just a cramp and then try to push through it to realize it was certainly more than that). Hoping it will heal quickly for you.

Glad to hear that the M&M connection is improving for you. This is one area that would be very interesting for me to see if I could improve it more. I know in my first few years, I was just moving things and then that's when it finally kicked in as an awareness where I can feel every single contraction; if something is off only by mere millimeters, etc. But just like your hip imbalance, I have one as well, that has led to a slight imbalance in my shoulders/upper back and also my legs, obviously. So on some of my work, I won't feel the contractions in the lats that I should. I've been lucky to have no real injuries, but that imbalance is something that has really bothered me because of the M&M connection -- because I can tell just how slightly everything is off.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/11

OHP
150x6x2
150x9

HS Row (pronated)
145x10x4

Blast Strap Inverted Row/Pullaparts (mini)
BWx10x3/20x3

Cambered Curls/Blast Strap Tri Extension
75x12/BWx12
85x10x2/BW+15x10

Side Laterals/DB Curls
30x15/40x10
30x15/40x8

I've made the decision to not even test the shoulder with anything except for OHP and incline DB. I came to this decision when I attempted a push-up on the straps and it felt like the the joint was about to sheer off. I may add in some HS pressing since I need to still have pec work beyond some incline. Another thing I noticed, which was odd, was that my right bicep was unable to keep up with my left bicep on the DB curls. I've been working out some junk in the area and I hope that corrects the issue.

taman6886

taman6886

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have the same issue with one arm Triceps work like 1h oh db ext, if I get say 8 reps with the right, I'll hit 10-11 with the left. Weirdest part is I am right handed.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the same issue with one arm Triceps work like 1h oh db ext, if I get say 8 reps with the right, I'll hit 10-11 with the left. Weirdest part is I am right handed.
Same here. I know that my right arm is more internally rotated compared to my left.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/12

Sumo (w/ 46 Ace briefs + 120# chain)
375x2x6

DB Shrugs
90x10x4

DB Side Bends/Band Pallof Press (light)
70x10x3/10x3

Good news on the hammy as I was able to pull without pain. I didn't try any assistance lifts so I wouldn't push it and do something stupid. One thing I did notice is that I was having a little trouble holding a tight arch.

Mini-review:
I've noticed heightened kinesthesia in the sense I can feel the muscle better. I can feel when I am stretching a muscle better and heightened M-M connections.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/12 Sumo (w/ 46 Ace briefs + 120# chain) 375x2x6 DB Shrugs 90x10x4 DB Side Bends/Band Pallof Press (light) 70x10x3/10x3 Good news on the hammy as I was able to pull without pain. I didn't try any assistance lifts so I wouldn't push it and do something stupid. One thing I did notice is that I was having a little trouble holding a tight arch. Mini-review: I've noticed heightened kinesthesia in the sense I can feel the muscle better. I can feel when I am stretching a muscle better and heightened M-M connections.
Good stuff, man.

And really glad to hear the hammy seems to be cooperating.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wow long time no see. In to see how your results compare to mine :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/14

HS Row (neutral)
145x10x4

Blast Straps Inverted Row/Blast Strap Tri Ex/Band Facepull (light)
BWx10x4/BWx10x4/20x4

Side Laterals/DB Curls/Tate Press
35x15x3/45x10x3/40x15x3

Random shoulder movements with mini band

I tried to get in some DB incline last night, but the shoulder was very uncooperative and I scrapped them. I think I slept on it for most of the night because it was stiff the entire day.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to get another bottle out to you, to keep this going.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3/16 Squat (w/ 46 Ace briefs) 415x2x3 465x2x3 GM 135x10x2 185x10x2 Walking DB Lunges 50x12x2 60x6x2 DB Side Bends/Planks 75x15x3/30s The hammy held up today and I played around with my stance a bit to go wider. I had to drop the height of the mono 1 notch to accommodate for the wider stance. I got right at depth on these and then went lighter on the assistance lifts especially the GM, which I could not find my groove on today. The squats felt good and I'm going to get back to a stringent mobility program again instead of just as a warm-up.

Edit: I'm up to 228 now. I have no idea how that happened.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I saw your weight increase? Do you feel you are gaining muscle using this?