Accelerating down the road to abs with MN Accelerant!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Many, many thanks to Molecular Nutrition and SwolenONE for this logging opportunity.
A quick history about myself--I'm 37 and at age 33, I decided to make some drastic changes. (Roughly) 140lbs later, here I am! My profile pic is me about 6 months before I decided I had just gotten too fat. I think I actually but on another 20lbs or so after that was taken. But enough about the past, let's talk about the present.
photo (1).JPG

This is me right now, at around 212lbs. Still bit heavier than where I want to be, and still a ways from Ab Country. I'm currently do full-body workouts with LISS on M,W,F and core/ab work on T, TR with HIIT. Saturdays, I try to spend some time in the sauna and depending on the weather, I like to hike on Sundays. My job is largely sedentary so I don't worry much about overdoing it physically.
But enough about me, here's some about Accelerant!
AccelerSTIM™: The primary stimulant-based component of the ACCELERANT™ formula. The first of its three key ingredients is thiamine disulfide butyrate, or sulbutiamine. Defining the phrase “smooth and sustained energy”, this analog of Vitamin B1 (thiamine) helps support razor sharp focus, jitter-free energy, and an enhanced sense of well being. Second is caffeine, the most researched and used of all central nervous system stimulants. Caffeine is widely taken to promote mental alertness, provide energy, boost metabolism, and assist physical exertion. The third ingredient, green tea extract, is a potent antioxidant that has also been associated with a reduction in total weight, waist circumference, skin fold thickness, and subcutaneous fat. Furthermore, it has been shown to significantly increase the resting metabolic rate when combined with caffeine .

AdaptoLEAN™: This component of the ACCELERANT™ formula was designed to help the body cope with the metabolic stresses of dieting and intense training. The first constituent is ashwagandha, an adaptogenic herb used for centuries throughout Asia and India to help reduce stress and tension on the nervous system. Modern studies suggest it has a potent cortisol-inhibiting effect; which is the body’s primary stress hormone. This is accompanied by bacopa monnieri, another adaptogenic herbal medicine possessing a broad range of active alkaloids, saponins, and flavonoids. Bacopa monnieri works synergystically with ashwagandha to reduce metabolic stress and support balanced mental energy.

PhenoLean™: Perhaps the most exciting part of the ACCELERANT formula, Phenolean™ contains a blend of two highly active phenolic compounds. The first of these is zingerone, a thermogenic spice derived from ginger. It typically has noticeable and almost immediate action. At rest, zingerone supports a mild smooth thermogenic effect. When the oven is hot, however, the fire is lit. Expect to sweat heavily during cardiovascular and weight training. This is accompanied by high potency raspberry ketones (4-(4-hydroxylphenyl) butan-2-one), shown in studies to increase noradrenaline-induced fat loss and the liberation of free-fatty acids from adipose cells. Phenolean™ perfectly compliments the AccelerSTIM™ blend, allowing the supplement to support a powerful thermogenic effect, but without the harsh stimulant feel and side effects.

InsuloTHERM™: The final key ingredient blend in ACCELERANT™, designed to help partition nutrients towards the muscles and away from fat cells. Its first component is corosolic acid, often referred to as a GDA or Glucose Dispersal Agent. Studies have shown it to increase glucose utilization by enhancing activation of the cellular insulin receptor. This is combined with cinnamon extract, which has been shown in some studies to have a positive effect on insulin release and glucose transport. Whether cutting or bulking, nutrient utilization will be key to dictating your level of success. InsuloTHERM™ was added to help ensure those calories are used or burned instead of stored as fat, and blood sugar levels are better stabilized during high and low periods of carbohydrate consumption.

Today was a great day to start Accelerant as I COULD NOT get to sleep last night. After about 4 hours of sleep, I got up at my normal 5:00 and took 2 capsules of Accelerant. I'm somewhat of a stim junkie, so I figured I'd start off at the max dosage. My first impression is that the energy hit fast. The sweating started and lasted throughout the entire workout. I did crash a bit during my run on the treadmill. But I think that was due more to my lack of sleep. I slowed down for about 30 seconds and caught a second wind to finish my 1.5 miles strong. Right now, I'm pretty happy with how Accelerant performed. But, will it last? Will I reveal my diet plan? Will I reveal any other supps I'm using? Stay tuned to find out!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great start to the log, very thorough! Absolutely terrific job with your fitness make over, and all the weight that you lost.

Subbed, let me know if you have any questions along the way and I'll be sure to check in on your progress just about daily.

You can use up to 3 caps a day, some prefer 3 to 2 (myself included). I like 2 AM, 1 in the afternoon.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see you aboard, S1. Thanks again, brother!

I'm using the 2 AM and 1 later AM dosing. I wake up around 5:00AM and take 2, get to the gym around 5:30. Second dose is 11:30-12:00.
This morning I started with some interval cycling and moved on to low volume/high weight ab work. I ended up teaching a k-bell class at my ex-'s request, so that threw me off a bit this morning. But, I came back strong and ended with a tabata session on the cybex arc trainer.
The Accelerant is giving me a good bit more energy than I expected. Prior to this log, I was taking 300-400mg of caffiene in my preworkout supps. I thought that this log might be a step down energy-wise. But it really hasn't thus far.

Quick note: I don't have internet at home until Friday. I'm working on this log at work in my free time (shhh!) Come next week, the log and my thoughts on the product will be more detailed.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dang, great workload this morning and Im glad to hear that Accelerant is giving you terrific energy thus far!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the absence yesterday. My workout went pretty good on 2/26. The sweating started a little late, but it was pretty cold in the gym. The important thing is that it started and stayed!
My workload on M,W,F usually consists of push/pull supersets with cardio intervals thrown in between. As I'm concerned more right now with holding on to the muscle I have while cutting I'm keeping reps low and weight moderate to high. The only other supplement I'm using right now is Modern BCAA bulk powder during workout and for sipping through the morning before lunch. Now it's no longer available, I'm looking for a replacement amino supp that is cost-effective, any suggestions?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another thing I've been noticing is how Accelerant seems to be controlling my carb cravings. This is a plus as I try to hold off on carbs throughout the day as much as possible. I backload with dinner and Accelerant is making it much easier to do that!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, this weekend I absolutely kicked my diet in the ***. It's not a normal occurrence and I don't think I set myself back too much. But, I was afraid to weigh in this morning. Maybe tomorrow, too.
On the plus side, I had another great sweaty workout with Accelerant. It powered me through 10 minutes of cycling followed by 4 supersets of flat db press/db rows, 4 supersets of weighted step-ups/db cleans, 10 minutes of running, 4 supersets of dips/underhanded lat pulldowns, and finished off strong on the Arc Trainer!
Tomorrow, I'll be back with my current weight!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Energy, sweat and craving control... glad to hear you are loving Accelerant and kicking your diets @ss!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Energy, sweat and craving control... glad to hear you are loving Accelerant and kicking your diets @ss!
I meant that in a not so great way...me and a couple of guys from work hit the bars much harder than anticipated Friday night, a Mardi Gras party Saturday night, and...I'm two pounds lighter today! I'm sure it's because I've cut the hell out of my carbs since Sunday evening. But, I'll still take it for a week and a half on Accelerant.

My normal diet day looks something like this--
5:00 AM--2 Accelerant 5:20ish--scoop of BCAAs
Rest of the morning--1-2 scoops of BCAAs
11:30ish--1 Accelerant
Lunch--grilled chicken or salmon with baked veggie of some sort
Mid-afternoon snack--3 eggs (sometimes fried, sometimes boiled)
5:30ish--maybe some fried porkskins or cottage cheese
Dinner--more grilled meat and veggie
pre-bed--sometimes a scoop of protein, sometimes not

I mainly just try to eat clean, have 16-20 hour IFs, and enjoy the hell out of some carbs every 3rd day. I've been doing this for about 6 months and it's agreeing with me thus far!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oooo I misunderstand. Well hey, it was a good time with good friends, when your 90 you'll remember that a lot fondly more than sticking to your macros one day :)

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oooo I misunderstand. Well hey, it was a good time with good friends, when your 90 you'll remember that a lot fondly more than sticking to your macros one day :)
Exactly! What am I building a stronger body for if I can't enjoy it?!?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Exactly! What am I building a stronger body for if I can't enjoy it?!?
Very well said! It's always importance to have good balance in life, for health and happiness.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Two weeks in, and I seem to be another couple of lbs lighter. I have definitely noticed increased vascularity in my arms. My cravings haven't been feeling as controlled lately, but I can tough through them on this quest!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Two weeks in, and I seem to be another couple of lbs lighter. I have definitely noticed increased vascularity in my arms. My cravings haven't been feeling as controlled lately, but I can tough through them on this quest!
Great progress!

How many Accelerant caps are you using a day currently?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm using 3 a day. 2 AM pre-workout, 1 about 30-60 minutes before lunch.

I expected to feel the effects of the ashwaganda and sulbitiamine by now. I think I'm starting to feel more fatigued though. I've been having trouble sleeping, too. Waking up 3 or 4 times a night, when I used to only do it maybe once. Are these common side effects?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm using 3 a day. 2 AM pre-workout, 1 about 30-60 minutes before lunch.

I expected to feel the effects of the ashwaganda and sulbitiamine by now. I think I'm starting to feel more fatigued though. I've been having trouble sleeping, too. Waking up 3 or 4 times a night, when I used to only do it maybe once. Are these common side effects?
That's really unusual to hear, the stim effect is pretty light (as its meant to be a fat burner, not an in your face stimulant) so we've actually never before heard of anybody having sleep trouble with Accelerant.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's really unusual to hear, the stim effect is pretty light (as its meant to be a fat burner, not an in your face stimulant) so we've actually never before heard of anybody having sleep trouble with Accelerant.
I'm sure it's just coincedence as the caffiene load is fairly light and I take the last dose before noon. Right now my weight is holding steady from last week, so I'll take that as a plus!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm sure it's just coincedence as the caffiene load is fairly light and I take the last dose before noon. Right now my weight is holding steady from last week, so I'll take that as a plus!
That's great to hear on your weight.

The caffeine is at 100mg per pill on the Accelerant, and any additional coffee you may be consuming has a very similar amount of caffeine per cup. Everybody is vastly different on how much caffeine is too much for them.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's great to hear on your weight.

The caffeine is at 100mg per pill on the Accelerant, and any additional coffee you may be consuming has a very similar amount of caffeine per cup. Everybody is vastly different on how much caffeine is too much for them.
Thanks for the info, bro. Like I said, I've never been especially stim-sensitive before, so 200mg first thing in the morning is nothing. I am going to make sure I cut out coffee after that second dose, though. I also miraculously dropped a couple of lbs since yesterday! Outside of that nothing new to report.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the info, bro. Like I said, I've never been especially stim-sensitive before, so 200mg first thing in the morning is nothing. I am going to make sure I cut out coffee after that second dose, though. I also miraculously dropped a couple of lbs since yesterday! Outside of that nothing new to report.
Great news on the weight loss. Accelerant really delivers in that department. Always happy to help w any dosing info I can provide to help get the most out of our products!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've dropped another lb. But am looking more vascular than that 1 lb would indicate. I've decided to drop the dosage to 1 AM, 1 pre-lunch to see if that helps with the insomnia which is still plaguing me. With that dosage I have 8 days left on the log.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking forward to your final review in a week!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you very much to SwolenONE for his patience with me in this log. I've had a lot of trouble updating with the extremely busy month I've had. But, I have faithfully taken the product and worked out and...

photo.JPG

Accelerant really delivered! I had a couple of weekends where all I did was trash my diet, I suffer from insomnia 3-4 nights a week. And I still lost a solid 4lbs while looking like I accomplished a (very) small bit of recomp! Accelerant curbed my carb cravings, made me sweat in the gym, and suppressed my appetite throughout the mornings. This was my first product by MN, but it will not be the last.
Thank you again, S1, as I acknowledge this wasn't my best logging effort. And thank you for selecting me for the log in the first place!

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looking great man. Thank you again for keeping such a well detailed log here and on the other forum. It is greatly appreciated by all of us at MN!