NattyForLife's Volatile Run - AnabolicMinds.com

NattyForLife's Volatile Run

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    NattyForLife's Volatile Run


    First of all, I would like to thank the_swanks and Formutech Nutrition for this opportunity to be able to log this preworkout "Volatile". The preworkout has a great ing. profile with some of the most proven ingredients for endurance, pump and strength. First dose I took today was the max dose(which is 2 scoops). Go Big or go home right? The taste was pretty good(I would give it a 8/10). It mixed perfectly with just a couple shakes of my blender bottle. I did Back and Chest today and srsly the pumps and endurance was out of this world. I noticed the endurance factor mostly; I didn't want to quit lifting. Im currently cutting right now, so my goal is of course fat loss. Im gonna be checking in daily on my workout days and let everybody know how my workout goes with the help of this pre. Again thanks Formutech Nutrition for this opportunity. Any questions on the product; just ask away!

  2. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,981
    Rep Power
    7167087

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    First of all, I would like to thank the_swanks and Formutech Nutrition for this opportunity to be able to log this preworkout "Volatile". The preworkout has a great ing. profile with some of the most proven ingredients for endurance, pump and strength. First dose I took today was the max dose(which is 2 scoops). Go Big or go home right? The taste was pretty good(I would give it a 8/10). It mixed perfectly with just a couple shakes of my blender bottle. I did Back and Chest today and srsly the pumps and endurance was out of this world. I noticed the endurance factor mostly; I didn't want to quit lifting. Im currently cutting right now, so my goal is of course fat loss. Im gonna be checking in daily on my workout days and let everybody know how my workout goes with the help of this pre. Again thanks Formutech Nutrition for this opportunity. Any questions on the product; just ask away!
    Off to a great start brotato!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  3. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    378475

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    In! Curious to see how cut you're talking about.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Just a little about me: Age- 20 Years lifted- 5 total(4 of which i had no idea of nutrition so i was fat, 270lbs). Lifted cause of high school football. Current weight- 205 Goal weight- 185

    Height- 5'11"
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  5. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,981
    Rep Power
    7167087

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Just a little about me: Age- 20 Years lifted- 5 total(4 of which i had no idea of nutrition so i was fat, 270lbs). Lifted cause of high school football. Current weight- 205 Goal weight- 185

    Height- 5'11"
    Good info dude!! I really started to accelerate my progress when I joined up here. So many good people and great info
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  6. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Todays workout: Hammies, heavy trap work, and forearm.

    Hamstrings: 3x10-15 seated leg curl
    3x10-15 lying leg curl
    2x10 SLDL
    2x15 standing single leg curl

    Smith machine shrugs: 1x16 1x14 1x10
    DB shrugs: 1x 20

    Wrist curls 1x15
    Reverse curl 1x15
    Reverse wrist curl 1x15
    Farmers walk with DB.

    Todays workout was pretty awesome! Volatile gave me plenty of endurance. Cant wait for arm day tomorrow to see the agmatine and citruline malate make my arms explode.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  7. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    My log is only gonna last about 2-3 weeks since im takin 2 scoops, but the pumps and endurance are worth it.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  8. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,981
    Rep Power
    7167087

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Todays workout: Hammies, heavy trap work, and forearm.

    Hamstrings: 3x10-15 seated leg curl
    3x10-15 lying leg curl
    2x10 SLDL
    2x15 standing single leg curl

    Smith machine shrugs: 1x16 1x14 1x10
    DB shrugs: 1x 20

    Wrist curls 1x15
    Reverse curl 1x15
    Reverse wrist curl 1x15
    Farmers walk with DB.

    Todays workout was pretty awesome! Volatile gave me plenty of endurance. Cant wait for arm day tomorrow to see the agmatine and citruline malate make my arms explode.
    Interesting to give hammies their own day. I have a deadlift only day so I guess that's kind of close
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  9. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    378475

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post

    Interesting to give hammies their own day. I have a deadlift only day so I guess that's kind of close
    I normally do the same thing, except last leg workout. Makes a big difference in overall leg developement in my opinion.
    Getting my "figure" back:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/254395-mountainman-1-oly.html#post4600696
  10. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    Interesting to give hammies their own day. I have a deadlift only day so I guess that's kind of close
    Yea ive recently split my leg day into quad dominant day and hamstring dominant(you cant completely isolate them) and ive noticed that my legs just are better. I can put 100% into quads an hammies. Instead of a leg day were most people do quads first and dont have much energy to put work into hammies.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  11. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    I normally do the same thing, except last leg workout. Makes a big difference in overall leg developement in my opinion.
    Yea i think it helps alot. I do back and chest together. Im not doing much chest cause my chest is way out of proportion to my back, so i do like half the sets of chest i do with back. I guess i can think football workout for that.(considering we didnt do much back work since football is a push sport.)
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  12. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,981
    Rep Power
    7167087

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post

    Yea ive recently split my leg day into quad dominant day and hamstring dominant(you cant completely isolate them) and ive noticed that my legs just are better. I can put 100% into quads an hammies. Instead of a leg day were most people do quads first and dont have much energy to put work into hammies.
    That's part of my reason for giving DL its own day. But then, my legs are somewhat overdeveloped
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  13. New Member
    madiskinny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    38763

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Yea ive recently split my leg day into quad dominant day and hamstring dominant(you cant completely isolate them) and ive noticed that my legs just are better. I can put 100% into quads an hammies. Instead of a leg day were most people do quads first and dont have much energy to put work into hammies.
    That's a really interesting idea. I think I might try it!
  14. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by madiskinny View Post
    That's a really interesting idea. I think I might try it!
    Go for it! You will love it.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  15. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    378475

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by madiskinny View Post
    That's a really interesting idea. I think I might try it!
    Based on your apparent glute goals it would certainly help you progress.
  16. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    378475

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Todays workout: Hammies, heavy trap work, and forearm.

    Hamstrings: 3x10-15 seated leg curl
    3x10-15 lying leg curl
    2x10 SLDL
    2x15 standing single leg curl

    Smith machine shrugs: 1x16 1x14 1x10
    DB shrugs: 1x 20

    Wrist curls 1x15
    Reverse curl 1x15
    Reverse wrist curl 1x15
    Farmers walk with DB.

    Todays workout was pretty awesome! Volatile gave me plenty of endurance. Cant wait for arm day tomorrow to see the agmatine and citruline malate make my arms explode.
    Decent work natty. What do your weights look like on some of those exercises?
  17. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Decent work natty. What do your weights look like on some of those exercises?
    Lying leg curl 110lb
    Seated leg curl 130lb
    SLDL 185lb
    Single leg standing curl 40lb

    Shrugs worked up to bout 315lb

    Farmers walk 80sDB(heaviest db my gym has) yea i know it sucks
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  18. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    378475

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post

    Farmers walk 80sDB(heaviest db my gym has) yea i know it sucks
    Work with what you got, right? One thing you can do to make it harder and burn like a MF is take your thumb out of the exercise until you hand is about to give out then add your thumb back to the grip. In other words place your thumb next to your index finger and the go back to a regular grip. This should burn like crazy.
  19. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Work with what you got, right? One thing you can do to make it harder and burn like a MF is take your thumb out of the exercise until you hand is about to give out then add your thumb back to the grip. In other words place your thumb next to your index finger and the go back to a regular grip. This should burn like crazy.
    Will try. Makes sense.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  20. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,981
    Rep Power
    7167087

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post

    Work with what you got, right? One thing you can do to make it harder and burn like a MF is take your thumb out of the exercise until you hand is about to give out then add your thumb back to the grip. In other words place your thumb next to your index finger and the go back to a regular grip. This should burn like crazy.
    This is how I do pull ups and pull downs
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  21. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Todays workout: Bis and Tris, calves and abs. Little cardio.(10 min of elip)

    Alt DB curls 2x8-15
    DB neutral grip curls 2x8-15
    Curl machine 3x8-15
    Single arm cable curls 2x20 (really slow and squeezing)

    Rope tri ext. 2x8-15
    Close grip 1x15 1x10
    Cable KB 2x12
    Cable bar reverse hand ext 1x15
    Db KB 2x15

    Leg press calf raise 4x15

    Cable crunch 1x15
    Oblique twist (body weight) 2x8

    Todays workout was epic. I added a 3 extra grams of citruline malate and 2 grams of GMS. Pump was out of this world, and the extra citruline malate aided in my edurance. Ive noticed my vascularity has improved since starting this pre. Quads tomorrow. Gotta love them leg pumps.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  22. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Again volatile delivers!!! Great shoulder workout. Me getting leaner and taking volatile, my vascularity has shot through the roof. Its awesome.

    DB shoulder press 2x15 1x10
    Db side raises 3x15 1xfailure
    Rear delt fly machine 3x12
    Rope face pulls 2x15

    Db shrugs 1x25 1x15

    Veins starting to pop on my front delts. Love it.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  23. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,981
    Rep Power
    7167087

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Again volatile delivers!!! Great shoulder workout. Me getting leaner and taking volatile, my vascularity has shot through the roof. Its awesome.

    DB shoulder press 2x15 1x10
    Db side raises 3x15 1xfailure
    Rear delt fly machine 3x12
    Rope face pulls 2x15

    Db shrugs 1x25 1x15

    Veins starting to pop on my front delts. Love it.
    Just catching up on all my logs ive been out of town, keep on killing it in here bro!! How are you liking the flavor?
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  24. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    Just catching up on all my logs ive been out of town, keep on killing it in here bro!! How are you liking the flavor?
    The flavor is good...its growing on me!!
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  25. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,981
    Rep Power
    7167087

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post

    The flavor is good...its growing on me!!
    Cool man, I love the punch flavor
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  26. New Member
    madiskinny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    38763

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    The flavor is good...its growing on me!!
    I love the flavor! At first it was a little too sweet but I love it now
  27. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by madiskinny View Post
    I love the flavor! At first it was a little too sweet but I love it now
    It is the best flavor of the preworkouts ive tryed. You have a nice log going so far madi; keep up the good work!
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  28. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    First off id like to say i have started a new split.
    Day1- back, bi, rear delt
    Day2- chest, tris, front delt
    Day3- hamstrings, forearm, traps, and mid delt
    Day4- quads, calves and abs
    Day5- rest

    Then just keep repeating that.

    So todays workout was sort of just pick some random exercises; had a good workout just didnt have a plan ahead of time.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  29. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,981
    Rep Power
    7167087

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    First off id like to say i have started a new split.
    Day1- back, bi, rear delt
    Day2- chest, tris, front delt
    Day3- hamstrings, forearm, traps, and mid delt
    Day4- quads, calves and abs
    Day5- rest

    Then just keep repeating that.

    So todays workout was sort of just pick some random exercises; had a good workout just didnt have a plan ahead of time.
    I like that SL
    split. Ive been just doing 1 group per session and lifting 7-8 sessions per week (one of these is always deadlift only). If I have to do less days at some point I may steal this
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  30. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    378475

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    First off id like to say i have started a new split.
    Day1- back, bi, rear delt
    Day2- chest, tris, front delt
    Day3- hamstrings, forearm, traps, and mid delt
    Day4- quads, calves and abs
    Day5- rest

    Then just keep repeating that.

    So todays workout was sort of just pick some random exercises; had a good workout just didnt have a plan ahead of time.
    Can I make a slight critique of your proposed split?
  31. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Can I make a slight critique of your proposed split?
    Go for it brother.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  32. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    378475

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Day1- back, bi, rear delt
    Day2- chest, tris, front delt
    Day3- hamstrings, forearm, traps, and mid delt
    Day4- quads, calves and abs
    Day5- rest
    I might suggest a few things to help you with recovery and to avoid negative returns in some of your muscle groups.

    You have your delts split up by the 3 major heads, but trying to seperate them so precisely is close to impossible. What I would suggest is doing all of your delt work on your trap day or your back day. Your front delts are solidly tied into most chest exercises, and heavily fatiguing them so close together may lead to "overtraining", or lack of proper recovery at least. Your rear delts are greatly involved in trap/back work, but are a higher capacity muscle than the front and lateral heads. They would be able to keep up with a trap workout, and you would actually more likely see developement that way. The other side, literally, is the antagonistic muscle activation. Your chest works to release when you work your back, and vice versa. You'll need to give a recovery day in between, so it should be upper/lower/upper/lower.

    Also, when you work your hamstrings your calves see a fair amount of activation, so why not train calves on hammie day? They litterally can recover enough for you to train them 3 or 4 times a week but your tendons and ligaments in your feet and ankles can take a beating, so twice can be very beneficial as well as safe. Plus, when you train quads or hams your glutes usually see a fair amount of work. Same thing as with delts, you'll want to give some recovery time. Based on what looks like preferential bosy parts I propose the following:

    Chest / Tris
    Quads / Calves / Abs
    Back / Bis/ Forearms
    Hams / Calves
    Traps / Delts
    Off

    Recovery, progress, and strength/hypertrophy depending on reps, sets, and weights.

    Thoughts?
  33. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,981
    Rep Power
    7167087

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    I might suggest a few things to help you with recovery and to avoid negative returns in some of your muscle groups.

    You have your delts split up by the 3 major heads, but trying to seperate them so precisely is close to impossible. What I would suggest is doing all of your delt work on your trap day or your back day. Your front delts are solidly tied into most chest exercises, and heavily fatiguing them so close together may lead to "overtraining", or lack of proper recovery at least. Your rear delts are greatly involved in trap/back work, but are a higher capacity muscle than the front and lateral heads. They would be able to keep up with a trap workout, and you would actually more likely see developement that way. The other side, literally, is the antagonistic muscle activation. Your chest works to release when you work your back, and vice versa. You'll need to give a recovery day in between, so it should be upper/lower/upper/lower.

    Also, when you work your hamstrings your calves see a fair amount of activation, so why not train calves on hammie day? They litterally can recover enough for you to train them 3 or 4 times a week but your tendons and ligaments in your feet and ankles can take a beating, so twice can be very beneficial as well as safe. Plus, when you train quads or hams your glutes usually see a fair amount of work. Same thing as with delts, you'll want to give some recovery time. Based on what looks like preferential bosy parts I propose the following:

    Chest / Tris
    Quads / Calves / Abs
    Back / Bis/ Forearms
    Hams / Calves
    Traps / Delts
    Off

    Recovery, progress, and strength/hypertrophy depending on reps, sets, and weights.

    Thoughts?
    sounds like pretty solid reasoning
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  34. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    I might suggest a few things to help you with recovery and to avoid negative returns in some of your muscle groups. You have your delts split up by the 3 major heads, but trying to seperate them so precisely is close to impossible. What I would suggest is doing all of your delt work on your trap day or your back day. Your front delts are solidly tied into most chest exercises, and heavily fatiguing them so close together may lead to "overtraining", or lack of proper recovery at least. Your rear delts are greatly involved in trap/back work, but are a higher capacity muscle than the front and lateral heads. They would be able to keep up with a trap workout, and you would actually more likely see developement that way. The other side, literally, is the antagonistic muscle activation. Your chest works to release when you work your back, and vice versa. You'll need to give a recovery day in between, so it should be upper/lower/upper/lower. Also, when you work your hamstrings your calves see a fair amount of activation, so why not train calves on hammie day? They litterally can recover enough for you to train them 3 or 4 times a week but your tendons and ligaments in your feet and ankles can take a beating, so twice can be very beneficial as well as safe. Plus, when you train quads or hams your glutes usually see a fair amount of work. Same thing as with delts, you'll want to give some recovery time. Based on what looks like preferential bosy parts I propose the following: Chest / Tris Quads / Calves / Abs Back / Bis/ Forearms Hams / Calves Traps / Delts Off Recovery, progress, and strength/hypertrophy depending on reps, sets, and weights. Thoughts?
    Honestly, recovery is the reason i have them grouped together like that. Cause grouping front delt(DB OHP is what im doing; just 2 sets) and chest together is optimal IMO. Cause think about it this is meant to be a 4 on 1 off, 4 on 1 off, ect. Say i train chest, tris, and front delts on monday, i wont train them 3 muscle groups until saturday(which is plenty of recovery IMO). Same goes with the back and rear delt. Now i do agree with the calves on hammies day because the gastrocnemius does have a slight action in knee flexion. Thats just how i interpret it. Any more thoughts anyone?
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  35. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    378475

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post

    Honestly, recovery is the reason i have them grouped together like that. Cause grouping front delt(DB OHP is what im doing; just 2 sets) and chest together is optimal IMO. Cause think about it this is meant to be a 4 on 1 off, 4 on 1 off, ect. Say i train chest, tris, and front delts on monday, i wont train them 3 muscle groups until saturday(which is plenty of recovery IMO). Same goes with the back and rear delt. Now i do agree with the calves on hammies day because the gastrocnemius does have a slight action in knee flexion. Thats just how i interpret it. Any more thoughts anyone?
    Just remember, your tris are heavily involved in both bench press and OHP. Just make sure one exercise isn't suffering for another because a secondary muscle group gets fatigued. And you're right about the gastroc in flexion, but that and your soleous are activated during RDLs and SLDLs. Utilize that when ever possible.
    Getting my "figure" back:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/254395-mountainman-1-oly.html#post4600696
  36. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Just remember, your tris are heavily involved in both bench press and OHP. Just make sure one exercise isn't suffering for another because a secondary muscle group gets fatigued. And you're right about the gastroc in flexion, but that and your soleous are activated during RDLs and SLDLs. Utilize that when ever possible.
    Thanks bro. Imma try this split for a while and see how my body reacts, recovery and everything.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  37. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    378475

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Sounds good. Keep us posted, I'm interested in your progress.
    Getting my "figure" back:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/254395-mountainman-1-oly.html#post4600696
  38. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Today i worked out chest, front delts, and tris.

    Chest: DB bench 2x12
    DB incline 2x12
    Bench press machine 2x12
    Cable flies 2x15

    Front delt: DB OHP 2x12

    Tris: Cable bar ext. 2x12
    Skullcrushers 2x12
    DB OH ext 2x15
    Cable KB 2x15

    So far im really liking this new split and volatile! Looking over the ingredients of volatile i found that it has green coffee bean extract in it. That helps me while im cutting, for fat loss. Btw my current weight is 203; my plan is to get to sub 10%. Not sure bodyfat % right now, but i think im gonna be pretty lean when the scale starts saying about 190.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  39. Senior Member
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,729
    Rep Power
    558733

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Just remember, your tris are heavily involved in both bench press and OHP. Just make sure one exercise isn't suffering for another because a secondary muscle group gets fatigued. And you're right about the gastroc in flexion, but that and your soleous are activated during RDLs and SLDLs. Utilize that when ever possible.
    And i know that tris are really stimulated by BB bench. Truly BB bench isnt really a "chest" exercise. Ive been using DBs lately(my shoulder started acting up a little; think its biceps tendonitis). And DBs take the triceps out of the movement a little.
    Body Performance Solutions (BPS) Representative
  40. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    378475

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post

    And i know that tris are really stimulated by BB bench. Truly BB bench isnt really a "chest" exercise. Ive been using DBs lately(my shoulder started acting up a little; think its biceps tendonitis). And DBs take the triceps out of the movement a little.
    Yeah, DBs are a good alternative for chest, for both strength and size. For OHP, to make sure you're using as little lateral head add possible keep your head back a touch and a slight arch in your back. Otherwise, if the bar comes over your head and shoulders and you end up "looking through the window" there's more lateral head recruitment. But that workout looks good, nice job.
    Getting my "figure" back:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/254395-mountainman-1-oly.html#post4600696
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cowboys running back Ennis Haywood died
    By destro19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 04:27 PM
  2. Kansas City's Running Back Mike Cloud Busted
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 09:55 PM
  3. which to run with Fina.... 4AD
    By lxorl in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 08:53 PM
  4. TeenBB.com Back Up & Running
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-08-2003, 09:05 PM
  5. attempting to run test prop or 4-ad inject
    By Bean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 03:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in