How VOLATILE can Mountainman get? (Sponsered)

Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Nice pulls to go with your tan! Congrats on the PR!
    Thanks engineer, still need to get a little darker though.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Oh, and it was a balmy 41 degrees out today. Perfect tanning weather: <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=97 156"/>
    Fr-fr-freezing! Hell no to that, hellooo Texas weather (my home state)
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by madiskinny View Post

    Fr-fr-freezing! Hell no to that, hellooo Texas weather (my home state)
    It's all relative. 41 was downright balmy today.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com

  4. Ok, so I'm taking a poll, and not sure if this will actaully be a poll depending how many people respond, but while the wife is away and I'm left to my own devices while the kids are sleeping, I'm contemplating doing 2 a days on upper body days. Which would entail cardio (alternating HIIT and LISS) in the mornings before getting the family ready for school and weight training at night after they go to bed. What do people think? Or maybe weights in the morning and cardio at night? Thoughts? Insights? Am I asking for trouble? What do ya got?

  5. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Ok, so I'm taking a poll, and not sure if this will actaully be a poll depending how many people respond, but while the wife is away and I'm left to my own devices while the kids are sleeping, I'm contemplating doing 2 a days on upper body days. Which would entail cardio (alternating HIIT and LISS) in the mornings before getting the family ready for school and weight training at night after they go to bed. What do people think? Or maybe weights in the morning and cardio at night? Thoughts? Insights? Am I asking for trouble? What do ya got?
    I say do it! I'd personally do weights first but that's just me
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
    •   
       


  6. Lift in the morning and cardio at night sounds like a good plan.

  7. Weights first Cardio second would be my recommendation as well brother.

  8. So I'm still conflicted about how to run my 2 a days. I've been getting good info for both protocols. Any more input on this or any more info as to which would be more beneficial? I will starting tomorrow and I don't want to have to change part way through and mess with the tempo.

  9. Last night was a weird night. Was getting the kids ready for bed, texting with the wife (though she was in classes all day, not sure she's supposed to be texting while in a military class) and she said she wasn't going to be able to talk until 8:30 or 9:00 our time. So I put my son down and was about to take my daughter up stairs when she text saying keep them up, she'd be calling in a couple minutes. And wouldn't you know it, I had already taken my Volatile. Started to kill my motivation right there. She talked with my daughter for about 15 minutes, then I talked with her for about 15 minutes, and it took FOOOOOR EEEEVVVVEEEERRR to get my daughter to cooperate for bed time. I was getting ready to head out to the gym when she yelled to me that she was going to throw up. She ran into the bathroom expecting to throw up. She didn't, and I convinced her to go back to bed with a pan next to her just in case, but now there was no way I was going outside if she was potentially going to puke. So I did push ups on DBs with all sorts of hand placement widths and variations, "Dragon Flags" on the floor with Side Bridges, and reverse flys with 10 lb. Dbs that we had in the livingroom. I worked up a good sweat, and was out of breath more than a few times during those circuits. It was a good improsiational workout, and my daughter never threw up, so a win/win. Besides, it was only 11 degrees outside and my gym wasn't much warmer. But I do know the Volatile lasted that whole time. My chest and upperback were very well pumped, and I was sweating my tuckus off.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Last night was a weird night. Was getting the kids ready for bed, texting with the wife (though she was in classes all day, not sure she's supposed to be texting while in a military class) and she said she wasn't going to be able to talk until 8:30 or 9:00 our time. So I put my son down and was about to take my daughter up stairs when she text saying keep them up, she'd be calling in a couple minutes. And wouldn't you know it, I had already taken my Volatile. Started to kill my motivation right there. She talked with my daughter for about 15 minutes, then I talked with her for about 15 minutes, and it took FOOOOOR EEEEVVVVEEEERRR to get my daughter to cooperate for bed time. I was getting ready to head out to the gym when she yelled to me that she was going to throw up. She ran into the bathroom expecting to throw up. She didn't, and I convinced her to go back to bed with a pan next to her just in case, but now there was no way I was going outside if she was potentially going to puke. So I did push ups on DBs with all sorts of hand placement widths and variations, "Dragon Flags" on the floor with Side Bridges, and reverse flys with 10 lb. Dbs that we had in the livingroom. I worked up a good sweat, and was out of breath more than a few times during those circuits. It was a good improsiational workout, and my daughter never threw up, so a win/win. Besides, it was only 11 degrees outside and my gym wasn't much warmer. But I do know the Volatile lasted that whole time. My chest and upperback were very well pumped, and I was sweating my tuckus off.
    way to make the best of it dude!!! glad the little one is doing ok, too.

    as for the 2-a-days, best way to go is just pick a method that makes sense to you and if it doesn't work, change it! everyone is different, only way to learn is to try.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  11. Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    way to make the best of it dude!!! glad the little one is doing ok, too.

    as for the 2-a-days, best way to go is just pick a method that makes sense to you and if it doesn't work, change it! everyone is different, only way to learn is to try.
    This true, everyone responds differently. On my other log had a post with some pretty good info and points for doing cardio mornings and weight nights. but you're right Swanks, sometimes you gotta just get your a$$ in gear.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post

    This true, everyone responds differently. On my other log had a post with some pretty good info and points for doing cardio mornings and weight nights. but you're right Swanks, sometimes you gotta just get your a$$ in gear.
    I'd lift first and hit cardio later. But that's me. I rarely do cardio. When I do two a days its all lifting
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  13. At least you made the best of it!

    I agree; I'd do lifts first. For me it's easier to do cardio when wiped out than to lift.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

    @RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

  14. On my other log in getting the opposite. Cardio a.m., weights p.m. My major concern is nutrition. Since my kids don't go to bed till 7:30 or 8 my only nutrition before I go to bed is my post wo Shake.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com

  15. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    On my other log in getting the opposite. Cardio a.m., weights p.m. My major concern is nutrition. Since my kids don't go to bed till 7:30 or 8 my only nutrition before I go to bed is my post wo Shake.
    What you eat during the day can take up to 24 hours to stop releasing free amino acids in your blood. I wouldn't worry about it
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  16. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Ok, so I'm taking a poll, and not sure if this will actaully be a poll depending how many people respond, but while the wife is away and I'm left to my own devices while the kids are sleeping, I'm contemplating doing 2 a days on upper body days. Which would entail cardio (alternating HIIT and LISS) in the mornings before getting the family ready for school and weight training at night after they go to bed. What do people think? Or maybe weights in the morning and cardio at night? Thoughts? Insights? Am I asking for trouble? What do ya got?

    Well honestly, I do this all through prep. I live to seperate cardio and training.

    Do it!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  17. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    On my other log in getting the opposite. Cardio a.m., weights p.m. My major concern is nutrition. Since my kids don't go to bed till 7:30 or 8 my only nutrition before I go to bed is my post wo Shake.

    Nutrition shouldn't be a factor. Unfree explain it in volume of weeks. If over one week you bake in 21,000 cals and 3500 is surplus, it doesn't matter whether you take and more surplus Monday and less Tuesday as long as your weekly is roughly the same.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  18. Plyos in my new kicks


    Name:  ForumRunner_20140225_204331.png
Views: 40
Size:  558.6 KB
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com

  19. OK, so for my 2 a days, which I'm starting tomorrow, I've gotten some great responses and some great info. There were good arguments for both splits. But my decision is based mainly on time management. I'm going to do weights in the a.m., and cardio (HIIT or LISS, alternating) in the p.m. Morning time I have more leeway to do longer works, which sometimes I need for lifting. Cardio I don't plan on doing for more than 30 mins. This way I know I'll be able to wake up and get in a solid session and then after the kids go night night I can knock out my evening workout and not be getting to bed too late. It does mean however that The Americans, Justified, Archer, Best Ink, and any other bada$$ shows that are on late are just going to have to sit on the DVR until the weekend when I can play catch up.

  20. So I'm ready to start working towards my leaner, badder self. I should be seeing abs by Friday or Saturday. JK, I know it'll take longer, so probably by Sunday or Monday.

  21. Good choice, IMO. Are you doing treadmill cardio?

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    So I'm ready to start working towards my leaner, badder self. I should be seeing abs by Friday or Saturday. JK, I know it'll take longer, so probably by Sunday or Monday.
    Oh, man. You're doing something wrong. In 8-10 mins of cardio bi-weekly you should have rock hard abs within half a week or so.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

    @RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Good choice, IMO. Are you doing treadmill cardio?
    We have a treadmill, an elliptical, and a stair master. I do shuttle runs with weights, explosive burpees, high speed knee highs, all kinds of different things for HIIT.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    OK, so for my 2 a days, which I'm starting tomorrow, I've gotten some great responses and some great info. There were good arguments for both splits. But my decision is based mainly on time management. I'm going to do weights in the a.m., and cardio (HIIT or LISS, alternating) in the p.m. Morning time I have more leeway to do longer works, which sometimes I need for lifting. Cardio I don't plan on doing for more than 30 mins. This way I know I'll be able to wake up and get in a solid session and then after the kids go night night I can knock out my evening workout and not be getting to bed too late. It does mean however that The Americans, Justified, Archer, Best Ink, and any other bada$$ shows that are on late are just going to have to sit on the DVR until the weekend when I can play catch up.
    Atta boy!! I like that plan dude. Some DVR services allow you to stream to your phone or iPad. I used to watch all my shows while doing liss
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  24. Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    Atta boy!! I like that plan dude. Some DVR services allow you to stream to your phone or iPad. I used to watch all my shows while doing liss
    Can you do that with Comcast? If so, I'm all over that shi!t.

  25. Last night was plyo night, tourney season creeping up.

    I got an earlier start than the night before, so that added to the motivational factor. And another chilly night in the outdoor gym. 9 degrees according to the mercury. But the great thing about Volatile: it raises my body temp, so cold isn't an issue. Don't have to pay extra for electicity on those heaters.

    A good solid warm up on the elliptical and stair master, then light depth jumps to prepare my CNS for a jolting.

    2 Leg 6" Depth Jumps
    10
    10
    10

    2 Leg 18" Depth Jumps
    8
    8
    10
    10

    1 Leg 4" Depth Jumps
    6,6
    6,6
    6,6

    Power Cleans
    135 x 6
    135 x 6
    135 x 6

    1 Leg to 2 Leg 4" Depth jumps
    6,6,4
    6,6,4

    2 Leg 24" Depth Jumps
    4

    My legs were pretty spent by the time I got to the 24" drops, so 4 was all I could muster while still being able to get off the ground. A little shaky up the stairs to bed, but went to bed fired up for starting my 2 a days.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    We have a treadmill, an elliptical, and a stair master. I do shuttle runs with weights, explosive burpees, high speed knee highs, all kinds of different things for HIIT.
    Doing hiit on the stair master is killer. I would do 45 seconds of power walking and 15 seconds of running on the SM!

  27. Quote Originally Posted by madiskinny View Post

    Doing hiit on the stair master is killer. I would do 45 seconds of power walking and 15 seconds of running on the SM!
    I do hiit by accident sometimes when I only take short breaks between sets of squats lol
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition

  28. Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    I do hiit by accident sometimes when I only take short breaks between sets of squats lol
    Same thing here Swanky.....I am no longer doing reps of 1 or 2, more 8-12 with smaller rest sets...

    As for shows, will have to look into a few that you listed. Right now I am hooked on Eastbound and Down and House of Lies with Don Cheadle...

    Can't forget Walking Dead
    www.mindandmuscle.com - home of Liquid Labs, Mind & Muscle, IForce, ALRI & Hi-Tech

  29. Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    I do hiit by accident sometimes when I only take short breaks between sets of squats lol
    In case I needed another reason to think you're a bada$$

  30. Yesterday was 2 a day #1.
    Morning Workout:

    I had do adjust a bit due to my traps still being sore from the living room workout with all the resverse flys I did. I worked delts, and did some lat work, but did a rare amount of extra bicep work.

    BB OHP / Chin Ups
    95 x 8 / BW x 8
    95 x 8 / BW x 8
    135 x 7 *PR* / BW x 8
    95 x 8 / BW x 7
    95 x 8 / BW x 6

    My first 2 sets of OHP were an additional warm up, but also to see if my elbow was up for some heavy pressing. My initial plan was to try and get above 155 lbs., my current 1RM. After my 4th rep on 135 my elbow started winking at me letting me know that it wasn't quite there yet. I focused very hard on keeping my elbows back next to my shoulders since I have a tendancy to let them drift forward. When I focused on keeping them back it helped and I was able to hit a PR of 7 reps. My previous max on 135 was 5 reps. At the end though my elbow had a slight ache so I dropped the weight back down and went for an "exaggerated" ROM trying to bring the bar to just below my collar bones and try to get some extra delt activation. And the chin ups pissed me off as usual. I hear about or read about guys being able to do 15, 20, even 25 chin ups in a set, and the most I've ever been able to do in 1 set is 11. I've been told that my long arms combined with my body weight is the issue. I've read articles on that but it still irritates that crap out of me.

    DB Lateral Raises / Incline DB Curls
    20s x 12 / 25s x 10
    20s x 12 / 25s x 10
    20s x 10 / 25s x 10

    Focused very hard on slow and controlled eccentrics for both exercises.

    DB OHP / Standing Low Cable Curls
    50s x 10 / *40* x 10
    55s x 9 / *45* x 10
    60s x / *55* x 7


    Evening Workout:

    Explosive Burpees
    All in one motion go from standing to squating to plank position to half push ups to squating to jump as high as possible and repeat. I shoot for 15 in a row, for 10 cycles. As you get closer to 10 cycles it gets harder to get 15 reps. 10 cycles took me just about 20 minutes, and since it was 9 degrees outside, and in my gym, I didn't sweat a drop. Otherwise in a regular gym, or anything warmer than 30 degrees I would have been sweating my a$$ off.

    Overall I like 2 a days. I kept my diet very clean as well, not using that as an excuse to eat some crap. Altough my mother-in-law made that very difficult since she already bought my kids a ton of Easter candy. I was a good boy though. And I slept like a baby.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How often can you get a Testosterone Test?
    By anaminds in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2014, 01:36 PM
  2. How big can i get? Cycle log
    By hardwork25 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 08:16 PM
  3. okay so how big can you get from PH's?
    By ibanezman08 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 05:01 PM
  4. hCG: How quickly can I get back on my feet?
    By krazy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 07:41 PM
  5. how come i can never get in the chat
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 12:57 PM
Log in
Log in