How VOLATILE can Mountainman get? (Sponsered)

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Elite Member
    RegisterJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9,091
    Rep Power
    3841417
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    80.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Not sure which part of my workout from last night is causing it, but my boobies are getting sore.
    Leg extensions?

  2. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Leg extensions?
    Could be...
  3. Senior Member
    double s's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    Rep Power
    909630
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    70.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cheftepesh1 View Post
    I buy all my equipment on craigs list
    Only place to get stuff. Spring is always a great time to scoop great deals. People get all gung ho for New Years, but their stuff and within 3-4 months realize they aren't using it and sell it to hardcore people like us.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    28 degrees in my gym, but Volatile is keeping me warm:



    Name:  ForumRunner_20140222_080046.png
Views: 27
Size:  511.9 KB
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  5. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Had dinner with my parents last night, and stuffed my face silly with these awesome pork tender loin medallions and some amazing sweet potato concoction that I couldn't get enough of. So needless to say, I need to burn some major calories. But the other side of this is that my wife has to split for her group fitness class. I need to bust this out in intense fashion. I chug my Volatile and as soon as that BA flush hits it's time to toss some iron.

    DB OHP / Wide Grip Pull Ups
    45s x 12 / BW x 8
    45s x 12 / BW x 8
    45s x 10 / BW x 6
    45s x 10 / BW x 6
    45s x 8 / BW x 5

    My elbow felt pretty good during the presses with the lighter weights which is a promising sign that's it's on the mend. One slight twinge on the 3rd set but it was just one quick pinch. I focused on my elbows and their path of travel and it seemed to right the ship.

    WMD Lateral Raises / Skier Pull Downs
    20s x 8, 10s x 6 / 55 x 12
    10s x 10 / 20s x 5 / 55 x 12
    20s x 6, 10s x 6 / 55 x 12

    Plate Front Raises / Bent Over BB Rows, underhand' 20 seconds rest
    35 x 8 / 135 x 10
    35 x 8 / 135 x 10
    35 x 7 / 135 x 9

    Triple Threat Trifecta
    BB OHP / Lateral Raises / Upright Rows, No rest
    95 x 8 / 20s x 5 / 85 x 6
    Reverse Trifecta, No rest
    105 x 6 / 20s x 4 / 95 x 5
    Trifecta
    95 x 6 / 20s x 4 / 105 x 5

    My shoulders are pretty well fried at this point but I still have 2 minutes before I have to go back inside, so what the heck, rest pause chin ups.

    BW x 4, 3, 3, 2, 2
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  6. Senior Member
    cheftepesh1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,061
    Rep Power
    831192
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    77.42%
    Achievements Posting ProActivity Pro

    Nice way to attack the back.
  7. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.11%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Nice shoulder workout MM! That 28 degree gym fuels the fire, doesn't it? Lol
  8. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Nice shoulder workout MM! That 28 degree gym fuels the fire, doesn't it? Lol
    I do have to admit, it is nicer sometimes kicking my a$$ in the cold.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  9. Elite Member
    RegisterJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9,091
    Rep Power
    3841417
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    80.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Screw that 28 stuff. Nice workout homie!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com



    @RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.
  10. Elite Member
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,285
    Rep Power
    3722701
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    30.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Dang bro you are one lucky SOB getting to log all kinds of products lately! Im down to see what this PWO does for you!
  11. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    Dang bro you are one lucky SOB getting to log all kinds of products lately! Im down to see what this PWO does for you!
    Not sure if it's luck or the fact that we're slow at work right now and I spend a sh!t load of time on AM. :-)
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  12. Senior Member
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389587
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Had dinner with my parents last night, and stuffed my face silly with these awesome pork tender loin medallions and some amazing sweet potato concoction that I couldn't get enough of. So needless to say, I need to burn some major calories. But the other side of this is that my wife has to split for her group fitness class. I need to bust this out in intense fashion. I chug my Volatile and as soon as that BA flush hits it's time to toss some iron.

    DB OHP / Wide Grip Pull Ups
    45s x 12 / BW x 8
    45s x 12 / BW x 8
    45s x 10 / BW x 6
    45s x 10 / BW x 6
    45s x 8 / BW x 5

    My elbow felt pretty good during the presses with the lighter weights which is a promising sign that's it's on the mend. One slight twinge on the 3rd set but it was just one quick pinch. I focused on my elbows and their path of travel and it seemed to right the ship.

    WMD Lateral Raises / Skier Pull Downs
    20s x 8, 10s x 6 / 55 x 12
    10s x 10 / 20s x 5 / 55 x 12
    20s x 6, 10s x 6 / 55 x 12

    Plate Front Raises / Bent Over BB Rows, underhand' 20 seconds rest
    35 x 8 / 135 x 10
    35 x 8 / 135 x 10
    35 x 7 / 135 x 9

    Triple Threat Trifecta
    BB OHP / Lateral Raises / Upright Rows, No rest
    95 x 8 / 20s x 5 / 85 x 6
    Reverse Trifecta, No rest
    105 x 6 / 20s x 4 / 95 x 5
    Trifecta
    95 x 6 / 20s x 4 / 105 x 5

    My shoulders are pretty well fried at this point but I still have 2 minutes before I have to go back inside, so what the heck, rest pause chin ups.

    BW x 4, 3, 3, 2, 2
    I read this and instantly my shoulders felt worked out. I guess that mind over matter. Good job on the delts.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  13. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post

    It's SO expensive. But there's this guy that lists things on his Web site, I think his name is Craig, he usually has some good equipment deals. I'm looking at a power rack that some guy is selling for $200 because he's moving. It's in great condition.
    Hey I've been out of town all week and haven't been on as much as I'd like sorry bout that!!

    What kind of rack is it? Make sure you don't buy anything with less than a 1000lb capacity!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  14. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 02sixxer View Post

    I read this and instantly my shoulders felt worked out. I guess that mind over matter. Good job on the delts.
    Thanks. I just wish my delts would respond. That's one muscle group I've always been disappointed with.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  15. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post

    Hey I've been out of town all week and haven't been on as much as I'd like sorry bout that!!

    What kind of rack is it? Make sure you don't buy anything with less than a 1000lb capacity!
    It's otay, I know you still love me.

    And I already told the guy I was passing on that rack. Kenpo found out online for me and it said weight capacity was 300 to 500 lbs. Thanks for the heads up though.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  16. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post

    It's otay, I know you still love me.

    And I already told the guy I was passing on that rack. Kenpo found out online for me and it said weight capacity was 300 to 500 lbs. Thanks for the heads up though.
    Right on man. I have a powertec rack I love it
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  17. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Wife flew out of state for her month of military training so it's just the kiddos and I. Been an emotional morning but I thought it would be a good day to test out my DL and redirect some of that emotion at a pile of weights. I gave my calves a break today though, DL testing then glutes and hammies while the kids are sleeping.

    Warmed up well on the elliptical and stair climber, and worked my way up the weight ladder on the bar.

    DLs
    135 x 5
    225 x 4
    295 x 2
    345 x 1
    385 x 1
    415 x 1 PR
    425 x FAIL

    Yup, definitely stronger. 400 was my previous record. 415 wasn't easy, but I felt like I had more gas left to go a touch heavier. 425 was just a smidge to heavy. I got the bar about 5" off the ground and stalled hard. But with just under 2 weeks left to go in this cycle I'm pretty sure I've got 425 in the bag. My only issue with the lift was that I needed straps. During my ladder up I started losing my grip on my right hand. Unfortunately it seems I've lost done grip strength with my tendinitis issue. I'll work on getting that back though.

    Cable Hamstring Curls
    *35* x 15
    *45* x 12
    *45* x 10

    BB RDLs
    225 x 6
    225 x 6

    Back pumps were out of control. I had to stop the RDLs and move on.

    Assisted Russian Hamstring Curls to GHRs
    BW x 8, 4
    BW x 6, 3
    BW x 5, 2

    This sh!t was heavy:
    Name:  ForumRunner_20140223_153738.png
Views: 20
Size:  561.8 KB
  18. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Oh, and it was a balmy 41 degrees out today. Perfect tanning weather:
    Name:  ForumRunner_20140223_151919.png
Views: 19
Size:  517.3 KB
  19. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Oh, and it was a balmy 41 degrees out today. Perfect tanning weather:
    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=97 156"/>
    You're nutty as squirrel sh!t dude lol
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  20. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.11%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Nice pulls to go with your tan! Congrats on the PR!
  21. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Nice pulls to go with your tan! Congrats on the PR!
    Thanks engineer, still need to get a little darker though.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  22. New Member
    madiskinny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    169
    Rep Power
    38766
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    29.98%

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Oh, and it was a balmy 41 degrees out today. Perfect tanning weather: <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=97 156"/>
    Fr-fr-freezing! Hell no to that, hellooo Texas weather (my home state)
  23. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by madiskinny View Post

    Fr-fr-freezing! Hell no to that, hellooo Texas weather (my home state)
    It's all relative. 41 was downright balmy today.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  24. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Ok, so I'm taking a poll, and not sure if this will actaully be a poll depending how many people respond, but while the wife is away and I'm left to my own devices while the kids are sleeping, I'm contemplating doing 2 a days on upper body days. Which would entail cardio (alternating HIIT and LISS) in the mornings before getting the family ready for school and weight training at night after they go to bed. What do people think? Or maybe weights in the morning and cardio at night? Thoughts? Insights? Am I asking for trouble? What do ya got?
  25. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Ok, so I'm taking a poll, and not sure if this will actaully be a poll depending how many people respond, but while the wife is away and I'm left to my own devices while the kids are sleeping, I'm contemplating doing 2 a days on upper body days. Which would entail cardio (alternating HIIT and LISS) in the mornings before getting the family ready for school and weight training at night after they go to bed. What do people think? Or maybe weights in the morning and cardio at night? Thoughts? Insights? Am I asking for trouble? What do ya got?
    I say do it! I'd personally do weights first but that's just me
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  26. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.11%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Lift in the morning and cardio at night sounds like a good plan.
  27. Elite Member
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,285
    Rep Power
    3722701
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    30.55%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Weights first Cardio second would be my recommendation as well brother.
  28. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    So I'm still conflicted about how to run my 2 a days. I've been getting good info for both protocols. Any more input on this or any more info as to which would be more beneficial? I will starting tomorrow and I don't want to have to change part way through and mess with the tempo.
  29. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Last night was a weird night. Was getting the kids ready for bed, texting with the wife (though she was in classes all day, not sure she's supposed to be texting while in a military class) and she said she wasn't going to be able to talk until 8:30 or 9:00 our time. So I put my son down and was about to take my daughter up stairs when she text saying keep them up, she'd be calling in a couple minutes. And wouldn't you know it, I had already taken my Volatile. Started to kill my motivation right there. She talked with my daughter for about 15 minutes, then I talked with her for about 15 minutes, and it took FOOOOOR EEEEVVVVEEEERRR to get my daughter to cooperate for bed time. I was getting ready to head out to the gym when she yelled to me that she was going to throw up. She ran into the bathroom expecting to throw up. She didn't, and I convinced her to go back to bed with a pan next to her just in case, but now there was no way I was going outside if she was potentially going to puke. So I did push ups on DBs with all sorts of hand placement widths and variations, "Dragon Flags" on the floor with Side Bridges, and reverse flys with 10 lb. Dbs that we had in the livingroom. I worked up a good sweat, and was out of breath more than a few times during those circuits. It was a good improsiational workout, and my daughter never threw up, so a win/win. Besides, it was only 11 degrees outside and my gym wasn't much warmer. But I do know the Volatile lasted that whole time. My chest and upperback were very well pumped, and I was sweating my tuckus off.
  30. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Last night was a weird night. Was getting the kids ready for bed, texting with the wife (though she was in classes all day, not sure she's supposed to be texting while in a military class) and she said she wasn't going to be able to talk until 8:30 or 9:00 our time. So I put my son down and was about to take my daughter up stairs when she text saying keep them up, she'd be calling in a couple minutes. And wouldn't you know it, I had already taken my Volatile. Started to kill my motivation right there. She talked with my daughter for about 15 minutes, then I talked with her for about 15 minutes, and it took FOOOOOR EEEEVVVVEEEERRR to get my daughter to cooperate for bed time. I was getting ready to head out to the gym when she yelled to me that she was going to throw up. She ran into the bathroom expecting to throw up. She didn't, and I convinced her to go back to bed with a pan next to her just in case, but now there was no way I was going outside if she was potentially going to puke. So I did push ups on DBs with all sorts of hand placement widths and variations, "Dragon Flags" on the floor with Side Bridges, and reverse flys with 10 lb. Dbs that we had in the livingroom. I worked up a good sweat, and was out of breath more than a few times during those circuits. It was a good improsiational workout, and my daughter never threw up, so a win/win. Besides, it was only 11 degrees outside and my gym wasn't much warmer. But I do know the Volatile lasted that whole time. My chest and upperback were very well pumped, and I was sweating my tuckus off.
    way to make the best of it dude!!! glad the little one is doing ok, too.

    as for the 2-a-days, best way to go is just pick a method that makes sense to you and if it doesn't work, change it! everyone is different, only way to learn is to try.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  31. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwanks View Post
    way to make the best of it dude!!! glad the little one is doing ok, too.

    as for the 2-a-days, best way to go is just pick a method that makes sense to you and if it doesn't work, change it! everyone is different, only way to learn is to try.
    This true, everyone responds differently. On my other log had a post with some pretty good info and points for doing cardio mornings and weight nights. but you're right Swanks, sometimes you gotta just get your a$$ in gear.
  32. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post

    This true, everyone responds differently. On my other log had a post with some pretty good info and points for doing cardio mornings and weight nights. but you're right Swanks, sometimes you gotta just get your a$$ in gear.
    I'd lift first and hit cardio later. But that's me. I rarely do cardio. When I do two a days its all lifting
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  33. Elite Member
    RegisterJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9,091
    Rep Power
    3841417
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    80.23%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    At least you made the best of it!

    I agree; I'd do lifts first. For me it's easier to do cardio when wiped out than to lift.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com



    @RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.
  34. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    On my other log in getting the opposite. Cardio a.m., weights p.m. My major concern is nutrition. Since my kids don't go to bed till 7:30 or 8 my only nutrition before I go to bed is my post wo Shake.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  35. Elite Member
    TheSwanks's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,903
    Rep Power
    7167051
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    On my other log in getting the opposite. Cardio a.m., weights p.m. My major concern is nutrition. Since my kids don't go to bed till 7:30 or 8 my only nutrition before I go to bed is my post wo Shake.
    What you eat during the day can take up to 24 hours to stop releasing free amino acids in your blood. I wouldn't worry about it
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  36. Senior Member
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389587
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Ok, so I'm taking a poll, and not sure if this will actaully be a poll depending how many people respond, but while the wife is away and I'm left to my own devices while the kids are sleeping, I'm contemplating doing 2 a days on upper body days. Which would entail cardio (alternating HIIT and LISS) in the mornings before getting the family ready for school and weight training at night after they go to bed. What do people think? Or maybe weights in the morning and cardio at night? Thoughts? Insights? Am I asking for trouble? What do ya got?

    Well honestly, I do this all through prep. I live to seperate cardio and training.

    Do it!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  37. Senior Member
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Rep Power
    389587
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    On my other log in getting the opposite. Cardio a.m., weights p.m. My major concern is nutrition. Since my kids don't go to bed till 7:30 or 8 my only nutrition before I go to bed is my post wo Shake.

    Nutrition shouldn't be a factor. Unfree explain it in volume of weeks. If over one week you bake in 21,000 cals and 3500 is surplus, it doesn't matter whether you take and more surplus Monday and less Tuesday as long as your weekly is roughly the same.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  38. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Plyos in my new kicks


    Name:  ForumRunner_20140225_204331.png
Views: 17
Size:  558.6 KB
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com
  39. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    OK, so for my 2 a days, which I'm starting tomorrow, I've gotten some great responses and some great info. There were good arguments for both splits. But my decision is based mainly on time management. I'm going to do weights in the a.m., and cardio (HIIT or LISS, alternating) in the p.m. Morning time I have more leeway to do longer works, which sometimes I need for lifting. Cardio I don't plan on doing for more than 30 mins. This way I know I'll be able to wake up and get in a solid session and then after the kids go night night I can knock out my evening workout and not be getting to bed too late. It does mean however that The Americans, Justified, Archer, Best Ink, and any other bada$$ shows that are on late are just going to have to sit on the DVR until the weekend when I can play catch up.
  40. Senior Member
    mountainman33's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  201 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,753
    Rep Power
    1476019
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    43.84%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    So I'm ready to start working towards my leaner, badder self. I should be seeing abs by Friday or Saturday. JK, I know it'll take longer, so probably by Sunday or Monday.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How often can you get a Testosterone Test?
    By anaminds in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-23-2014, 01:36 PM
  2. How big can i get? Cycle log
    By hardwork25 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 08:16 PM
  3. okay so how big can you get from PH's?
    By ibanezman08 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 05:01 PM
  4. hCG: How quickly can I get back on my feet?
    By krazy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 07:41 PM
  5. how come i can never get in the chat
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 12:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in