Evol ving . . . my journey (Sponsored)

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you to Genomyx for allowing me to log their pre-workout product, Evol.
EVOL-2T.jpg
evol label.jpg

I have been training seriously for about 11 years as a vow to always look phenomenal for my new bride 10 yrs ago, I like to call her the luckiest girl in the world ;)

Stats: 45 yrs, 5-7, 174 lbs currently, 10-12% bf

I rarely use stim preworkouts so this is a nice change, especially since I am looking to rebuild after triathlon season. I am an oxymoron as I train BB style and put on solid muscle from Nov to July, then I am mainly focused on my endurance training and lose a lot of size. This makes it tough for clothes as I have tri-season clothing and BB-season clothing. At my peak of BB I can get up to 175-178 solid, then in tri-season I drop to a lean and cut 158-160 lbs.

Let's see how this treats a non-stim user as I get things in high gear for kicking arse!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FIRST IMPRESSION

The flavor was nice and smooth, a slight tangy raspberry flavor. The lemon flavor was subtle, this is good for me because I am not a fan of ANYTHING lemon.

Started with 1 scoop and added some creatine. Since I rarely use stims I wanted to assess my tolerance to the product. I felt the BA tingles in about 10 mins, then I started the workout about 30 mins after taking Evol. Energy was definitely higher than normal and this gave me a slight mental edge/alpha feel. Going heavy also helps this mental aggression but this was more pronounced.

I will slowly go up to 1.5 scoops then 2 scoops to see how I feel. If 1 scoop is effective for a great workout then I will stick with that and add creatine & beta alanine. But for the sake of the log and product-testing I will try various protocols.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Count me in on this one!

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice, a bodybuilder/triathlete. I'm the exact same. I'm 5'11'' and will get up close to 200 lbs then cut all the way down to 178 before tri season. I just finished bulking for the year. This time I didn't weigh myself for bulking since I get depressed with how much weight I need to lose. As long I could see some key veins popping out, I was fine. Just did an hour of 3x 11 min stationary bike/1 mi brick run this morning! If you need a good PWO for your hard cardio sessions, TSN Cardio Igniter is where it's at!

Evol looks like a solid product. Have fun with it.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice, a bodybuilder/triathlete. I'm the exact same. I'm 5'11'' and will get up close to 200 lbs then cut all the way down to 178 before tri season. I just finished bulking for the year. This time I didn't weigh myself for bulking since I get depressed with how much weight I need to lose. As long I could see some key veins popping out, I was fine. Just did an hour of 3x 11 min stationary bike/1 mi brick run this morning! If you need a good PWO for your hard cardio sessions, TSN Cardio Igniter is where it's at! Evol looks like a solid product. Have fun with it.
I don't worry about my weight race, I just accept that I am gonna lose some size as I cut down wt training and increase endurance training. The past few years I wait til the last minute and really start training with 6 weeks out, this year I am going to try and stay in decent tri shape all year. Doing a duathlon in Mar to work on my bike/run transition and doing Ragnar, a long distance relay overnight. I will have 3 legs of 3-7 miles so I need to train, getting in a run tonight.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got my gear ready for tomorrow's gym session after work. I have 1.5 scoops of Evol so I hope I am not too stimmed out ;) It is back day and I really want to focus on weighted pullups for width. Last workout I did 6x6 at BW+65 lbs, I may go for higher rep range . .. . maybe go higher wt too (+75? +80).

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay, I am really enjoying the flavor, it is smooth and easy to drink. Today I jumped to 1.5 scoops and I felt it withing 10 mins, a little jittery and amped. I was definitely focused on the drive to the gym because I didn't notice the songs playing just tapped along with the beat. I had changed the setting on my radio and all the stations were my wife's stations: hip hop and dance music . . . .I HATE that style and usually change the radio immediately. This time I was oblivious to the song only noticed a beat.

My workout was focused as I was on a mission; got in my pullups with BW + 70lbs but not as many reps as I has hoped, got 4 sets of 5 but finished with the explosive pullups.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I often find myself accidentally staring someone down between sets because I don't realize how focused I am.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I often find myself accidentally staring someone down between sets because I don't realize how focused I am.
It is definitely something that I am noticing after taking a break from any major preworkout blends. I did a stint of 2-3 months with a simple formula of powder Gatorade, cit mal, taurine, COP, creatine so any stims really hit me along with the element of focus.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in here now. FLEX get OUT!

1238064310_evilmonkey.gif

:D

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good news, bad news . . .

Bad news: I was sick the past few days, just a cold but not 100%

Good news: I worked out with 2 scoops on Sat and I just kept going. I did my normal routine but kept adding sets of other body parts just because. I ended up doing shoulders/abs along with bench press with 225x10 and then upped to 275 & 285. I did a cool down of 2 sets of 225x10. I also did hi rep curls for about 6 sets, didn't keep track just did it. I'm not sure if I will go with 2 scoops again, it was fun but exhausting. Also, if I can get by with 1-1.5 scoops then that is better for the $$$.

On Sunday I went with 1 scoop but still felt total focus and even energy, never overwhelming. I worked at a faster pace for my typical time so I did 3-4 more sets of back and triceps than I normally do.

Tomorrow is chest/biceps, think I'll go with 1.5 scoops. Going heavy BB work for another week then I am going to DB sets.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good news, bad news . . .

Bad news: I was sick the past few days, just a cold but not 100%

Good news: I worked out with 2 scoops on Sat and I just kept going. I did my normal routine but kept adding sets of other body parts just because. I ended up doing shoulders/abs along with bench press with 225x10 and then upped to 275 & 285. I did a cool down of 2 sets of 225x10. I also did hi rep curls for about 6 sets, didn't keep track just did it. I'm not sure if I will go with 2 scoops again, it was fun but exhausting. Also, if I can get by with 1-1.5 scoops then that is better for the $$$.

On Sunday I went with 1 scoop but still felt total focus and even energy, never overwhelming. I worked at a faster pace for my typical time so I did 3-4 more sets of back and triceps than I normally do.

Tomorrow is chest/biceps, think I'll go with 1.5 scoops. Going heavy BB work for another week then I am going to DB sets.
Being sick and wanting to workout sucks. Glad you got over whatever bug that was!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being sick and wanting to workout sucks. Glad you got over whatever bug that was!
Never let the illness bring me down, I got in the gym for some awesome workouts over the weekend. As other loggers have mentioned, the flavor of Razonade is amazing but most of us do not care too much if the flavor is good, what matters is the performance aspect of the product. So far I had some inspired workouts where I do not want to stop and I take longer to get to exhaustion.

1 scoop was a solid workout, 1.5 scoops really hit me, but 2 scoops had me running around yet totally focused on the wts. I went with 1.5 again today and it is really effective for me at this dose. I will drop down to 1 scoop again to test it out, I am not a stim junky like some of the guys on AM so I can get away with 1 scoop.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I keep telling myself I'm a stim junkie and go with 2 scoops but then I take a few days out of the gym due to work and go in thinking 2 scoops is just fine and I turn into the energizer bunny!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taking a few days off, feel like I may be over training. Each workout is great: intensity, focus, endurance . . . I don't want to leave the gym, leading to the over training :)

Supplementing creatine/beta alanine to keep levels up while not taking Evol.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today will be my third day in a row of lifting because I'm trying to squeeze a week of training into 3 days to line up a 5 week program with a powerlifting competition. Overtraining? Plzzzzz

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today will be my third day in a row of lifting because I'm trying to squeeze a week of training into 3 days to line up a 5 week program with a powerlifting competition. Overtraining? Plzzzzz
I usually lift 3-4 days/week to allow for endurance training as well, along with being 45 yrs I want time for recovery. Lately I've been going 5-6 times per week while working more sets & reps into each workout . . . PLZZZZZ :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually lift 3-4 days/week to allow for endurance training as well, along with being 45 yrs I want time for recovery. Lately I've been going 5-6 times per week while working more sets & reps into each workout . . . PLZZZZZ :)
Lol oh plz

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Found my sweet spot: 1.5 scoops :) 1 was good, 2 was crazy, 1.5 was just right: energy, focus, no jitters.

Today I hit back and triceps and felt strong. Hit close grip bench for 4 sets 205x8 and PRd on pullups: BW +70 for 4 sets of 6 reps. I was dead after that workout, I usually finish up my pullups with BW x 10 going explosive off the bar for a little air, not today. I finished up with 2 sets of 6 but hung for a stretch between each rep.

BW is up too, I am about 178 right now. My max wt has been 181 and it was tough eating enough to maintain.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You are taking razonade but the photo depicts fruit punch.

I am suing for false advertising.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You are taking razonade but the photo depicts fruit punch.

I am suing for false advertising.
Will you sue in pounds or dollars? Either way I am broke ;) And does the flavor alter the effects? I already said it is tasty, yet I was concerned about the "ade" part because I am not a fan of ANYTHING lemon.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Found my sweet spot: 1.5 scoops :) 1 was good, 2 was crazy, 1.5 was just right: energy, focus, no jitters.

Today I hit back and triceps and felt strong. Hit close grip bench for 4 sets 205x8 and PRd on pullups: BW +70 for 4 sets of 6 reps. I was dead after that workout, I usually finish up my pullups with BW x 10 going explosive off the bar for a little air, not today. I finished up with 2 sets of 6 but hung for a stretch between each rep.

BW is up too, I am about 178 right now. My max wt has been 181 and it was tough eating enough to maintain.
Finally found that sweet spot eh? I must be bat **** crazy I like to take 2 scoops pre and another intra if its going to be a lonnnng day in the gym. I'm trying to lose a few pounds to make weight for my competition coming up and can't wait!

Keep at it brosef!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finally found that sweet spot eh? I must be bat **** crazy I like to take 2 scoops pre and another intra if its going to be a lonnnng day in the gym. I'm trying to lose a few pounds to make weight for my competition coming up and can't wait!

Keep at it brosef!
Yeah, I told you I rarely use stims so when I do they HIT. The days I used 2 scoops were great, but sometimes a bit too anxious. If 1.5 works well why waste the product ;)

Good luck in your competition, sometimes I think about giving it a shot but with everything else I LOVE to do it makes it impossible. Maybe drop triathlon for a season, who knows.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will you sue in pounds or dollars? Either way I am broke ;) And does the flavor alter the effects? I already said it is tasty, yet I was concerned about the "ade" part because I am not a fan of ANYTHING lemon.
If you were sued in pounds you could just give him your arm and call it good.
Cuz you're so huge.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Killing some PRs this week! Evol has got me focused and ready for each set. I get stronger as I go through the workout, but I am working so hard I am DEAD afterwards ;)

Weekend workout got me PR on Pullups: BW+70 x 6 for 3 sets
Today I did bench: 275 x 7/8/8 followed by 225x12/12. Next week I am going for my max bench at 315, I've never done it so I am excited. I'll be pleased putting up 3 plates while weighing in at 175 lbs.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HOLY CRAP!!!! I used a 1-rep calculator and I am pumped for next chest workout. Now I know it is not 100% reliable, but I am sure it will be close. My predicted max is 341 lbs!!!! That is nearly twice my BW. I need to really push it the next few weeks and maybe get that 350!!!! Maybe 3 scoops of Evol will do the trick LOL ;)

Or maybe do a colon cleanse and drop some quick weight LOL, get down to 170. I am sure I've got 5 pounds of crap lingering in my bowels, especially after the 1.5 inch ribeye on Valentines Day ;)

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get after it man. 2x BW bench is something I've been chasing for a while. That would be huge!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uh ya if you can bench 275 for 7-8 you will breeze past 315 lol!

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Yes if you can rep 275 for 7+ you can easily get 315. It's mostly mental man. You might be surprised how easily you get it, or you may just get 2-3 reps with it :) which yes that is great weight for 175lbs. I had one client that I worked up to doing 315 3x at 165lbs. My client would give me some crazy look whenever I put on 3 plates and say "don't let it crush me", then he would rep it pretty easy. Which I think you're honestly not far off from getting 315 for 3 man. Keep up the good work and stay confident!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Uh ya if you can bench 275 for 7-8 you will breeze past 315 lol!
Yes if you can rep 275 for 7+ you can easily get 315. It's mostly mental man. You might be surprised how easily you get it, or you may just get 2-3 reps with it :) which yes that is great weight for 175lbs. I had one client that I worked up to doing 315 3x at 165lbs. My client would give me some crazy look whenever I put on 3 plates and say "don't let it crush me", then he would rep it pretty easy. Which I think you're honestly not far off from getting 315 for 3 man. Keep up the good work and stay confident!
Sounds like fun, guys! NExt week it is!!! I also like doing the heavy wt for good reps, that always stuns people. It's awesome to toss on 2 plates . . . for a warmup ;)

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cannot wait for next week: De-Load. Going heavy for the past 2 weeks is wreaking havoc on my entire body, I wake up aching in areas that I did not even work. Gonna hit the back and triceps tomorrow so I will go with 2 scoops as I go with weighted pull-ups after my DL.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I cannot wait for next week: De-Load. Going heavy for the past 2 weeks is wreaking havoc on my entire body, I wake up aching in areas that I did not even work. Gonna hit the back and triceps tomorrow so I will go with 2 scoops as I go with weighted pull-ups after my DL.
God yes deload is so nice... I'm going light all next week leading up to my comp. Body is ready for it.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Blasted my shoulders today with Military press: 3 sets of 175x5 followed by 3 sets of 135x15. In between each set I did lateral raises of 40x10-12.

I am HURTING as I am going HEAVY this week and max out on bench on Thurs. The a nice break with "light" weight ;)

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work boss! I don't have the fortitude to do proper deloads, lol. Kudos.

Do you do your military pressing standing or seated?

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work boss! I don't have the fortitude to do proper deloads, lol. Kudos.

Do you do your military pressing standing or seated?
I definitely need a deload, I have been pushing hard & heavy without a proper break. I am not good at it, I just know how to lift heavy but I need a break because I am feeling it ALL OVER. The nice part is my deload on bench will probably be sets of 225x10 ;)

I vary my military with BB & DB/seated & standing. When I go heavy it is seated for overall stability.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PR!!!!!

Bench Press: 315x2 with no assistance, I could have done a few more but wanted to stay rested for more wt. Went for 335 but needed some assistance to lockout.

I never really go for max lifts so I probably did not warmup properly. I am afraid of over doing it and being tired for my lifts, but I probably don't get enough of a pump going either. No big deal, I can go for it again later. Main thing is the 315 as I have never put that up before, previous max was 300 a few years ago.

Oh, I found Evol for a great price . . . time to stock up!!! But I do have about 4 other preworkouts in the stash already.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PR!!!!!

Bench Press: 315x2 with no assistance, I could have done a few more but wanted to stay rested for more wt. Went for 335 but needed some assistance to lockout.

I never really go for max lifts so I probably did not warmup properly. I am afraid of over doing it and being tired for my lifts, but I probably don't get enough of a pump going either. No big deal, I can go for it again later. Main thing is the 315 as I have never put that up before, previous max was 300 a few years ago.

Oh, I found Evol for a great price . . . time to stock up!!! But I do have about 4 other preworkouts in the stash already.
Told ya ;)!

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Congrats man!!

I prefer small incremental jumps in weight. I do that for every lift every day. It builds work capacity and your CNS won't be shocked as much as it would be by a 50#+ jump.

Keep working hard.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was a big test, I left my supps at home when I went to work. I went to the gym without my Evol and Amino IV. I had a good workout but I definitely did not have the focus. It's kind of hard to describe, I worked hard and got in a great workout but the urgency between sets was not there.

I hope that doesn't happen again, especially when going BIG.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was a big test, I left my supps at home when I went to work. I went to the gym without my Evol and Amino IV. I had a good workout but I definitely did not have the focus. It's kind of hard to describe, I worked hard and got in a great workout but the urgency between sets was not there.

I hope that doesn't happen again, especially when going BIG.
I hate it when this happens. Or when I leave my headphones at home lol

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats going on up in dis here log, p5sky? :D

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats going on up in dis here log, p5sky? :D
I know, it's been a while. March is a crazy month for me every year and it gets overwhelming.

I am just about out of Evol so this week should finish it up.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know, it's been a while. March is a crazy month for me every year and it gets overwhelming.

I am just about out of Evol so this week should finish it up.
No problems man just wanted to make sure you were alive lol... I've had a problem staying up to date with the forums just because real life is taking most of my time now!

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finished up my Evol the other day, sad to see it gone.
I have a few favorite things about it:

1. The flavor is awesome. I was worried because I hate lemon flavor but it was smooth and I enjoyed it.

2. The focus was intense, I got through workouts faster and had energy to continue.

3. The energy was smooth, no jitters. I felt it kick in after 15-20 min but it lasted for more than an hour. I never had a problem sleeping after Evol, mainly because of my afternoon workouts but even with some night workouts I got to sleep easily. Maybe because of the intense workout.

I will definitely add Evol into my stash and rotate it through with my non-stim shops.

Thanks Genomyx for the opportunity to log the product.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finished up my Evol the other day, sad to see it gone.
I have a few favorite things about it:

1. The flavor is awesome. I was worried because I hate lemon flavor but it was smooth and I enjoyed it.

2. The focus was intense, I got through workouts faster and had energy to continue.

3. The energy was smooth, no jitters. I felt it kick in after 15-20 min but it lasted for more than an hour. I never had a problem sleeping after Evol, mainly because of my afternoon workouts but even with some night workouts I got to sleep easily. Maybe because of the intense workout.

I will definitely add Evol into my stash and rotate it through with my non-stim shops.

Thanks Genomyx for the opportunity to log the product.
Thanks p5sky for the review and log! Was a pleasure to follow!