Mountainman gets Mountain sized w/ MAXBULK (sponsered)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Kids,

Got the awesome chance to run a bottle of ANDROFACTORY MAXBULK and I've been chomping at the bit to get it started. Big thank you to Chefbo, Cordeen, and Lukef2000 for this opportunity. I've read/see so many good things about MAXBULK and I've riding along with carbcrazy on his log, so I'm pretty excited about this.

Stats:

35 yrs. old
6' 1"
Currently 203 lbs.
~14 BF.

Weight Maxes:
Bench 245 x 2
Squat 255 x 4
DL 400 x 1
OHP 155 x 1

I'm a home gym guy with a decent amout of equipment that my wife and I have collected over the years so I'm able to do most exercises and all body parts. Only problem is that I don't have a workout partner to spot me so I don't know as I'll ever really know what my true 1RM are for some exercises, hence more than 1 rep on some.

Goals: I'm looking for as much muscle mass as possible. My last cycle was a semi-clean bulk, and I added 5 lbs., but still got some leaning. I want to take advantage of MAXBULK's size gaining abilities, so my diet will be all about growth. I'm planning a cut later this spring. This will be a 42 day run, dosing at 3 caps a day, which will be all at once morning time. I contemplated dosing at 4 per day, but last time I ran a cycle it was only 4 weeks and I wished it had gone longer since I was really hitting stride coming into week 3. Live and learn right?

Nutrition: During the day I shoot for 200 - 250 g. of protein. There is a discount store in my town that gets supplements donated weekly among other things and they seem to have a steady stream of EAS RTD's and protein bars. And it appears I'm the only person in the area that seems to care about these types of products, so lucky me. Carbs are usually anywhere between 400 - 500 grams. depending on the day and whether I'm making dinner or my wife is. She tends to favor more carb heavy meals where as I favor more protein heavy meals. I eat 6 - 7 times a day on training days, and average 3500 calories. I try to vary my protein profile with multiple meat sources, dairy, nuts, and whey. I also drink about 80 - 90 ozs. of water a day.

Training: I have been an avid lifter since freshman year in college with an unfortunate hiatus during the desk job years that set me back a little further than I would have liked. I broke my ankle last September as well which does dictate my leg days from time to time, as does my patellar tendonitis, but I'm still able to train hard. I'm a little old school and train with a "true" P/P/L routine, except for legs:

Chest and Traps
Quads and Calves
Lats and Shoulders
Hams and Calves

Working antagonistic muscles is what really help put on my size in college so I've been running some variation on that since then. I was 5'11" @ 148 lbs. my freshman year btw. I generally lift for strength at 5-6 reps max with a "hypertrophy" once every 2 weeks where I max out at 10 reps.

Other Supps:

Fish Oil
Calcium/Magnesium + VD3
Zinc
Multivite 2x/day

PWO = Albuterex + Bulk L-Cit. + Bulk Agmitine

Clomid just came in, so I have everything on hand for PCT, and just in case the nips get puffy.

I'll hopefully post before pictures tomorrow morning.

First dose will be tomorrow morning (Saturday).....so, here we go!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'm in bro! I'm sure you'll kill this run!!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Before pics, right before first workout on this log:

ForumRunner_20140125_142732.png

ForumRunner_20140125_142704.png

Sorry about them being sideways. Only problem I have with Galaxy S4.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took my first dose taken this morning and the MAXBULK pills are so easy to take. After running some errands, and a bit of running around I am ready to get some work done.

Had to get the heaters going in the gym today. Temp speed at 19 degrees today. Better than the -1, 0, and 2 degree highs we've been having. Made it up to 35 degrees in the gym by the time I got out there, but believe it or not that's a good temp for working out.

Chugged my PWO, which with the albuterex, L-cit, or agmitine, tastes like complete shyte, makes me shudder everyone I take it, but good LAWD that stuff can clear your nostrils!

Chest and Traps

Warm ups went very smoothly, and feeling strong.

Reverse Grip Bench Press / Smith Machine 45° Rows / Shuttle Runs
95 x 10 / 135 x 10
95 x 11 / 135 x 10
95 x 12 / 135 x 10

Left shoulder is feeling a little tired for some reason. Keep working through and see how things go.

Pec Deck / 45° Bent Over Rows / BW Jump Squats
*50* x 10 / 25's x 10
*50* x 9 / 25's x 9
*50* x 8 / 25's x 8

I use the * on my machine sets because the weights state the numbers, but there's a "conversion" chart that has multiplication levels due to the pulley mechanical advantages. Don't really trust those tables, hence the *.

Bench Press Drop Sets / Face Pulls / High Knee Place Sprints
185 x 6, 135 x 6 / 70 x 10
185 x 5, 135 x 6 / 70 x 10
185 x 5, 135 x 5 / 50 x 12

Shoulder issue seems to have gone away, able to keep good form throughout. Chest is pumped, traps feel like mountain peaks on my shoulders, good stuff.

Burn out sets:

BW Leaning Dips to Medicine Ball Push Ups / Slightly Bent Shrugs to Suitcase Rows
5, 5 / 185 x 8, 45's x 6
5, 4 / 185 x 8, 45's x 6
5, 4 / 185 x 7, 45's x 5

A great workout over all. Pumped up pretty good. Tired out, but looking forward to what effects I'll be seeing from the MAXBULK.

Pics from right after workout:

ForumRunner_20140125_145923.png

ForumRunner_20140125_145932.png

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Im in mountain! Nice first update, all kinds of details.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quad and calf day but a high of only 8 degrees today. Heaters would have had to work overtimeto get even close to a semi-comfortable temp so I improvised and brought my dumbbells and some 10# plates inside and did a TUT workout. Every eccentric was at least 5 seconds, sometimes 6, 7, or even 8. Calf raises were done on the fire place hearth in order to achieve range of motion.

Standing 2 Legged Calf Raises / Bulgarian Split Squats, each leg
40's x 20 / 15's x 5,5,5,5,5,5 (total 15 reps each leg)
40's x 20 / 15's x 5,5,5,5,5,5

Single Leg Calf Raises / DB Deadlifts
40 x 5,5,5,5,5,5 / 40's x 15

Single Leg Calf Raises to 2 Leg Calf Raises / BSS to DB DL
40 x 5,5,5,5 - 10 / 15's x 5,5,5,5 - 40's x 8

Burn out: Jumping Split Squats
BW x 12
BW x 10

As simple as it looks on paper, this was a pretty good leg workout. Quads were shaking at the end, I was sweating like crazy and our of breath. I tried to keep my rest periods to 45 seconds max. This was also good as tournament season is coming up and I need to get my legs back into "all day" jumping shape.

Hopefully temps warm up enough to do lats and shoulders in the gym tomorrow.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Always good to mix things up every once in awhile!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lats and Delts

Taking Max-Bulk is so easy. I wish other supps I had to take were this easy. And no after taste or funny tasting burps after either.

20° outside so heating the gym didn't take to long and I was able to go back or there for my workout.

Neutral Grip Pull Ups / OHP
BW x 7 / 95 x 10

My right elbow starts to get a sharp shooting pain at the bottom of my presses so I switch to pressing on the Smith machine and that seems to alleviate the problem.

BW x 6 / 115 x 10
BW x 6 / 115 x 10
BW x 6 / 115 x 9
BW x 5 / 115 x 8

BB Rows / Drop Set Lateral Raises
135 x 8 / 25's x 5, 10's x 5
135 x 8 / 25's x 5, 10's x 5
135 x 7 / 25's x 4, 10's x 5

I cheated a bit to get my reps, but I was really feeling the muscles on the eccentrics, keeping them nice and slow.

Skier Pull Downs / Plate Front Raises
75 x 10 / 45 x 8
75 x 8 / 35 x 8
65 x 9 / 35 x 8

Wide Grip Pull Downs / Smith Machine OHP
*100* x 10 / 95 x 10
*110* x 9 / 105 x 9

I tried to keep rest between sets to a minimum to mimic HIIT as best I could. Since my glutes are surprisingly sore from my improvised living room workout. I tried a shuttle run at the beginning but that proved a little on the uncomfortable side.

I'm on my 3rd day of Max-Bulk so not much to report yet, but looking forward to when it really starts to kick in.

Vascularity was pretty good tonight though:

ForumRunner_20140127_214613.png

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed :)
I know u didn't want the pressure ... I'll be silent most times.
It's Pete's fault. Lol

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Destroy this run... You all ready look good.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed :)
I know u didn't want the pressure ... I'll be silent most times.
It's Pete's fault. Lol
Thanks for joining Bones. You can be as loud as you want, doesn't bother me a bit.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In this to see how another garage gym user gets ripped! You have a great base physique now chisel it up brother.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In this to see how another garage gym user gets ripped! You have a great base physique now chisel it up brother.
Thanks engineer. This is my space:

ForumRunner_20140128_170427.png

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice gym!! Looks insulated as well which is great in these cold days! Brrrr!! Here's mine:

View attachment 95898
That's a sweet set up right there!

My garage and gym are insulated but not heated unfortunately. My brother in law and I built that about 2 years ago. Eventually going to have a good size fire place in the garage below to keep things heated in winter. It's 10° out right now and about to hit hams and calves. The heaters have been going but we'll see how warm it is when I get out there.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been mirin kenpo's set up for a while, now I'm mirin yours too!

Doing some solid work in here! I'm stoked to see what results you get.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hams and Calves

Heaters got the gym up to 20 degrees. Phew, balmy.

Smith Machine Calf Raises / RDL's
125 x 15 / 225 x 8
145 x 15 / 245 x 6
165 x 15 / 265 x 6
185 x 12 / 285 x 5

Seated BB Calf Raises / Machine Ham Curls
225 x 15 / *30* x 10
225 x 15 / *30* x 10
225 x 15 / *30* x 8

Started to feel a slightly dull ache inside my left knee. Meniscus maybe? I'll keep an eye on it, could be something, could be nothing.

Machine Leg Press Calf Raises / SLDL's to Wide Stance DL's
*130* x 15 / 185 x 5,5
*130* x 12 / 185 x 5,5
*120* x 15 / 185 x 5,4

Slacker is playing some killer music tonight on the Anthrax station. All kinds of fired up at the end of that last split.

Smith Machine Calf Drop Sets / Russian Hamstring Curls to Glute Bridges
125 x 10, 85 x 10, BW x 10 / BW x 6, 185 x 6
125 x 10, 85 x 10, BW x 10 / BW x 5, 185 x 6

Just because I'm not quite ready to call it quits, one more set.
Seated BB Raises / SLDL's
185 x 20 / 185 x 8

Ok, NOW I'm done. Good solid weight tonight and feeling strong, even after all those sets. Next leg day is quads and calves, so I'll be testing squat and dead lift to establish a base line for when the Max-Bulk really kicks in. Looking forward to testing bench during chest on my next workout day, probably tomorrow, if not then Thursday.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome workout, strong lifts.
Thanks. Just found out one of our customers competes at meets. He holds the VT/NH record in DL. Got me going to get stronger and maybe pick his brain about competing.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taking tonight off. In-laws are coming over for dinner, plus my hammies are BARKIN'. Will try to hit chest and traps in the a.m. if it's warm enough out.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks. Just found out one of our customers competes at meets. He holds the VT/NH record in DL. Got me going to get stronger and maybe pick his brain about competing.
I love the idea of competing in a meet, just not sure if my body likes the idea ;) I might once I get my Squat form fixed up, just to have the experience. Not expecting to break any records, though ;)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not expecting to break any records, though ;)
Me either. I just hit 400# DL a few weeks ago and was pretty proud of that. Then I find out this customer who doesn't even looks like he's stepped foot into any type of gym hit 565# 2 weeks ago. Humbled me a bit that's for sure.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Me either. I just hit 400# DL a few weeks ago and was pretty proud of that. Then I find out this customer who doesn't even looks like he's stepped foot into any type of gym hit 565# 2 weeks ago. Humbled me a bit that's for sure.
Impressive. My main goal this year is to finally hit 405# on the DL. I never lifted previous to 2011, so I think that's a pretty decent goal for now.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Impressive. My main goal this year is to finally hit 405# on the DL. I never lifted previous to 2011, so I think that's a pretty decent goal for now.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I hit 565 for the first time about 10 wks ago, & it was pretty cool to be kissing at 6 plates/side. I'm thinking of doing my first competition ever this march. We were looking at hotels & registration today & I'm starting to get excited for it.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hit 565 for the first time about 10 wks ago, & it was pretty cool to be kissing at 6 plates/side. I'm thinking of doing my first competition ever this march. We were looking at hotels & registration today & I'm starting to get excited for it.
I don't know about any meets yet, but at the moment my goal by the end of this cycle is to DL all the Olympic weights I have. Right now that's exactly 450 lbs. I'll definitely be getting more plates at some point though.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah buddy! That's a reasonable goal. Just make sure you pull every wk in some fashion - the best way to accomodate to a movement is to practice it as often as possible. Even twice/wk isn't a horrible idea, one heavy & one focusing on speed/form/short rests of cluster sets.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chest and Traps

Had to do some extra warm ups. That pain in my right elbow was hanging around a bit, but after getting nice and warmed up seemed OK. I had a slight case of golfer's elbow about 2 years ago so wondering if it's trying to make a come back. Feels a little different though. Was still able to power through a workout but not able to test my bench like I hoped to set a base line for later in the cycle.

Machine Rows Overhand / Flat Bench Press, Shuttle Runs

*140* x 6 / 185 x 6
*160* x 5 / 225 x 4
*160* x 5 / 225 x 5
*160* x 4 / 185 x 6

Second set of presses felt like a bit of a struggle, but third set felt better after focusing more on elbows staying strict.

Bent over BB Rows Overhand / Incline Reverse DB Press, Heavy Bag 20 secs.

185 x 6 / 50's x 10
185 x 6 / 50's x 10
185 x 5 / 50's x 10

Friggin' love reverse grip pressing. Since really implementing them into my workouts I feel like my upper chest is getting more attention than just doing Incline work.

Bent Reverse Flys w/ 3 sec. Hold / Pec Deck, Knee Ups 20 secs.

10's x 12 / *80* x 8
10's x 12 / *80* x 7
10's x 10 / *80* x 6

That 3 second hold at the top is a killer. Few exercises really "burn" anymore, but this is definitely one of them.

Burn out sets:
Shrugs to TRX Inverted Pull Ups / Leaning Dips to Medicine Ball Push Ups

185 x 6 - BW x 6 / BW x 5 - BW x 6
185 x 6 - BW x 6 / BW x 5 - BW x 5
185 x 6 - BW x 6 / BW x 4 - BW x 5

Since I didn't quite feel like I was"finished" I did one more set of TRX pull ups for 15 reps and fingers out push ups for 15. On the TRX pull ups I try to keep my hands as far apart as I can during the eccentric. Awesome rear delt activation doing that.

Weighed in at 205 this morning, we'll see what tomorrow brings. 2 lbs. in the first week would be cool but I don't want to count that chicken yet. Feeling pretty alpha male though, far more than usual. A little of an extra libido boost too, which is irritating my wife a bit since her and aunt flo have been talking. Almost like being on a test booster. No negative sides though. :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear! Btw if that 225 on flatbench is your true 4RM Jim Wendler says that's usually a fairly good indication of your 90% of 1RM. 225/.9=250 theoretically. FWIW to you.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Great workout! I'm going to steal a couple things for next week. Great update as well.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to hear! Btw if that 225 on flatbench is your true 4RM Jim Wendler says that's usually a fairly good indication of your 90% of 1RM. 225/.9=250 theoretically. FWIW to you.
I wish I could find out what my true maxes were. It's so hard w/o a spotter though. I push myself, but just enough so I don't crush myself with the bar. :) I've hit 245 x 2 before, so I'm curious what my 1RM really is. Thank you for the encouragement Hyde.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great workout! I'm going to steal a couple things for next week. Great update as well.
Thanks pete. Anything in particular you're going to steal?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've just started incorporating reverse grip presses as well. Finally feeling the upper chest development! Nice volume in this workout!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Yeah buddy! That's a reasonable goal. Just make sure you pull every wk in some fashion - the best way to accomodate to a movement is to practice it as often as possible. Even twice/wk isn't a horrible idea, one heavy & one focusing on speed/form/short rests of cluster sets.[/QUOTE

Love speed pulls for dead lifts.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just did some speed pulls for the first time in a couple months last night, from a deficit. This guy that LOVES to talk my ear off about the least interesting topic you could randomly think of comes up to me at the gym, while I'm balls deep with my earbuds in, & starts gabbing. I've just done 5 sets in 5 minutes, sweating like a whore in church, watching the clock for the final set to begin, & he seems to think now is a great time to dissect the intricacies of his latest set of dumbbell presses :wtf:

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just did some speed pulls for the first time in a couple months last night, from a deficit. This guy that LOVES to talk my ear off about the least interesting topic you could randomly think of comes up to me at the gym, while I'm balls deep with my earbuds in, & starts gabbing. I've just done 5 sets in 5 minutes, sweating like a whore in church, watching the clock for the final set to begin, & he seems to think now is a great time to dissect the intricacies of his latest set of dumbbell presses :wtf:
You should post that one in the "douchebags at the gym" thread too. What an r-tard.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man I feel like I could write about 10 pages in that thread; it's never-ending it seems, especially with the Resolutioners that've been swarming the place the last month.

The speed pulls were still really satisfying though :)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I feel like I could write about 10 pages in that thread; it's never-ending it seems, especially with the Resolutioners that've been swarming the place the last month.

The speed pulls were still really satisfying though :)
I used to have stories like those but being a home gymer now kind of takes the fun out of watching douche bags do stupid things.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
In regards to your tennis elbow man I would pay a bit more attention to your grip when extending your elbow, reverse grip for example puts a lot of extra stress on your lateral epicondyle. Lateral epicondylitis is the proper name for tennis elbow. I would just stick to overhand grip for now until your symptoms subside. Also things like ezbar skullcrushers and seated db extensions are two exercises which will aggravate it due to the way your grip the bar / dumbbell.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Luke. It may tennis elbow this time since it feels different than before. Last time it was golfers elbow which is on the opposite side of tennis elbow. I had to take a few weeks off from upper body stuff but I'll try and be smart about things this time around.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last night was quads and calves. My step son finally decided to get serious about lifting to get stronger for lacrosse this year. Indoor practice starts in March so I told him I'd do what I can for him during the mean time. It kind of messed with my mojo during my workout but I know he needs and appreciates the help.

Smith Machine Calf Raises / Squats
135 x 20 / 135 x 10
155 x 15 / 185 x 8
175 x 15 / 225 x 6
175 x 13 / 275 x 3
155 x 15 / 225 x 5
135 x 10 / 135 x 8

I focused very hard on as powerful contractions as possible. Got word that our Vermont team has a tournament in NY at the end of Feb. Going to try to increase leg power as much as possible between now and then. See if I can't get close to touching 11 feet again.

Leg Press Calf Raises / Leg Extensions
*120* x 12 / 70 x 12
*120* x 12 / 70 x 12

Machine Leg Press / 30 secs. Jump Rope
Full stack x 12
Full stack x 12

Smith Machine Calf Raises / Power Cleans
125 x 12 / 155 x 6
125 x 11 / 155 x 5
125 x 10 / 135 x 5

My form starting to break down at the end of the second set so I needed to drop the weight to keep productive form. And my calves were flat out pooped at the end of these Super sets. I love doing calves before the compound exercises though because I feel my calves a little extra since I need them to stabilize during standing movements.

My endurance had certainly gone up over the past week. This was a fair amount of volume and I actually did a set of DB jumping Squats just for poops and giggles before I went back in the house.

This morning I was 204.6, just shy of the 205 I had the last 2 mornings. So maybe not 2 lbs. in the first week but at least 1 to 1-1/2 lbs. Off to a good start.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today, Delts and Lats

Step son was with me again working on legs. Started getting cocky so I showed him what a real leg workout looked like. He wasn't feeling so cool after that. And he definitely won't feel cool tomorrow. In fact I'm expecting a lot of whining tomorrow.

BB OHP / Chin Ups
95 x 12 / BW x 9
135* x 5 / BW x 8
135 x 4 / BW x 7
115 x 6 / BW x 6

Feeling strong, AND hit a *PR on OHP. Only ever been able to get 3 reps max at 135, even in college. 5 reps felt pretty good. Struggled on the 5th, but once I got to the to top I got a quick shot of "holy sh!t" pride. My step son was looking at me wide eyed too. Made me chuckle. He said "I can't even squat that much once!"

Lateral Raises / Skier Pull Downs
20's x 12 / 55 x 12
25's x 10 / 65 x 10
25's x 9 / 65 x 8

DB OHP / BB Rows, Underhand
55's x 8 / 185 x 6*
55's x 8 / 185 x 6
55's x 7 / 185 x 5

Again, strength is starting to shine through from the Max-Bulk. I've been able to row 185 before, but never 6* times let alone for 2 sets. Looking forward to see what added strength it still has to offer.

Decided to add the rare occasion of doing bi's and tri's.

Incline DB Curls / Rope Tricep Extensions / Front Plate Raises
25's x 10 / 55 x 10 / 45 x 6
25's x 10 / 55 x 10 / 45 x 6

Burn out sets, no rest:

BB Curls / Overhead Rope Extensions / DB Lateral Raises
65 x 10 / 45 x 10 / 15's x 10

At the end of the burn outs my upper arms are so pumped that when I flexed my arm in the mirror you couldn't even tell I had a bicep in there. I'm greatly enjoying the volume Max-Bulk is affording me. I can certainly see how it has helped others reach 8 to 12 lbs. in a cycle.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's the way to show them youngsters :)
Lol...... Nice workout mountian. Congrats on the PR.