LOG: Chasing painful pumps w/ Millennium's Nitroceps Elite

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello!

First off, I want to thank CTDeuce and whole crew of Millennium Sport Technologies for selecting me to log their pump product Nitroceps Elite. I also received quite a few samples from them. Click to resize.

A few words about me and my training

I tell you few words about my training history... I've trained regularly since 2008. My training was always "powerbuilding" kind of training... Bodybuilding with as big weights as possible. I turned to the "dark side" last autumn and I soon realized that I gain strength easier than muscle mass. I participated in one powerlifting meet in last December... Did only deadlifts there because of minor injuries. I pulled 480lbs @ 175lbs and soon after that I started to work with a powerlifting coach.

My training template is supposed to be like this:

1. Squat + bench press + accessory work
2. Rest or HIIT cardio
3. Deadlift + bench press + accessory work
4. Rest or HIIT cardio
5. Squat + bench press + accessory work
6. Bodybuilding for upper back, biceps, delts and calves
7. Rest or HIIT cardio

Weights will be moderate but volume and frequency are quite high.

However, I have had some problems with both biceps tendons last few weeks so I'll have to modify it a little. Right now this means that I'll do bench press only once per week until my arms heal. I'll probably also not do any direct work to my biceps on "bodybuilding" day - and very little work to upper back too. Hopefully I get better soon, because I have two meets coming - first in March and second in April.

Diet

My diet is not set in stone, but I have few things that I'll eat every day. On training days my diet is pretty close to this:

1. 250 grams of quark, 900 grams of yoghurt, 10 grams of peanuts
2. Intra workout drink (2dl of maltodextrin and 9 grams of BCAA's)
3. Post workout shake (1,25dl of whey protein and 1,25dl of maltodextrin)
4. 100 grams of whole grain rice, 200 grams of chicken/beef/salmon, 4dl of milk, 10 grams of peanuts
5. 4 slices of dark, bread, 3 boiled eggs, butter, ham, vegetables, 4dl of milk, 10 grams of peanuts
6. 100 grams of whole grain rice, 200 grams of chicken/beef/salmon, 4dl of milk, 10 grams of peanuts
7. 250 grams of quark, 900 grams of yoghurt, 10 grams of peanuts

Many of you may think that this is excessive amount of food but no, it's not too much for me. I don't put on weight easily.

Goals

I'll complete in 181lbs weight class so my goal is to lean bulk.. Gaining few pounds of lean body mass and ****loads of strength during the process would be great. However, what I'm hoping for Nitroceps Elite is huge pumps. My training is NOT pumping but I friggin' love pumps! I want to feel blood flowing to my muscles. If I'll get something else (strength gains, endurance, improved sexual performance) out of Nitroceps, that's of course good thing.

Other supplements that I'm using

Like I said earlier, I use performance enhancing drugs. Right now I'm on TRT dose (200mg/week) of test only but I'll add something to the mix closer to my meet. On my application I said that I'll be using Blackstone Labs' Epi Smash but I will probably go with some other product from BSL.

My daily supplement protocol includes fish oil and vitamin C... On training days I also take BCAA's, whey protein and maltodextrin. Nothing too fancy.

Pics and vids

These pics were taken January 12th. Haven't changed much since then (surprise, 11 days is not much) so these are the "before" pics.. The tricep pose was taken November 30th... My chicken legs were not visible in those two new pics so I had to use this old one. Click to resize.

I'll also take few training vids every now and then and upload them here.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To get this log started, I post yesterday's workout... Once again I couldn't do any accessory work for bench press.

- Bench press, last rep of every set was paused on the chest:
3x45lbs
3x110lbs
3x130lbs
3x150lbs
3x180lbs
4 sets of 2 @ 200lbs
2x210lbs
2x220lbs

- Squat
4x155lbs
4x185lbs
4x220lbs
2 sets of 3 @ 260lbs
4 sets of 2 @ 295lbs

- Paused leg press
5 sets of 5 @ 290lbs

- Good morning

5x75lbs
5x110lbs
5 sets of 5 @ 155lbs

Decent workout after taking 2 days off due to bicep pain. Arms started acting up after the last set of bench press so I didn't go heavier.

I'll step on the scale tomorrow.. And it's also deadlift day. Let's see if I can get a vid for you guys. If you don't have anything else to do, you can check my older training vids:

Deadlift 5x451lbs @ 172lbs, no belt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85gl2pBWfiI

Front squat 3x297lbs, no belt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wudrkIS2NcY

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First!

Very detailed start bud, looks good.

WTH is a quark?

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First!

Very detailed start bud, looks good.

WTH is a quark?
Well, I used dictionary (I'm from Finland) so I'm not sure if it went right, lol :D It's milk product with very good macros for people with our lifestyle.

100 grams of it contains 12 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs and 0.5 grams of fat.. 70 calories. I eat 500 grams daily so it only gives me 60 grams of protein. In Finland we use lot of milk product and I use more than average person, lol :D From milk, yoghurt and quark only I get 2310 calories every day... 150 grams of protein, 294 grams of carbs and 56 grams of fat. Perfect for bulking for those of us who can handle lactose and sugar well.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, I used dictionary (I'm from Finland) so I'm not sure if it went right, lol :D It's milk product with very good macros for people with our lifestyle.

100 grams of it contains 12 grams of protein, 4 grams of carbs and 0.5 grams of fat.. 70 calories. I eat 500 grams daily so it only gives me 60 grams of protein. In Finland we use lot of milk product and I use more than average person, lol :D From milk, yoghurt and quark only I get 2310 calories every day... 150 grams of protein, 294 grams of carbs and 56 grams of fat. Perfect for bulking for those of us who can handle lactose and sugar well.
Ah. I googled it and it sounds like what we call cottage cheese. Very nice.

I'm a huge dairy fan myself.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ah. I googled it and it sounds like what we call cottage cheese. Very nice.

I'm a huge dairy fan myself.
Yeah... Here cottage cheese is a little different..

Quark with bananas:
rahka.jpg

Cottage cheese with fruits:
raejhedsalaatti.jpg

Many fitness guys and girls here eat cottage cheese but I just can't handle it. I don't eat cheese AT ALL. I even order burgers and pizza without cheese.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
YUM!

Many fitness guys and girls here eat cottage cheese but I just can't handle it. I don't eat cheese AT ALL. I even order burgers and pizza without cheese.
Wow. I've never met anyone that didn't like ANY cheese.

Mmm. Pizza.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
YUM!

Wow. I've never met anyone that didn't like ANY cheese.

Mmm. Pizza.
I've hated it since I was a little kid. I hated all dairy products, didn't even drink milk. I wouldn't use them now if it wasn't for dem gainz.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've hated it since I was a little kid. I hated all dairy products, didn't even drink milk. I wouldn't use them now if it wasn't for dem gainz.
I hated cheese as a kid too. The only "cheese" I still don't like is cheesecake. Nasty stuff there.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Oh lawd. This is gonna be a good log. Food pics and supps. Doesn't get much better than that.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh lawd. This is gonna be a good log. Food pics and supps. Doesn't get much better than that.
Those food pics were just found from the internet. I can take pics of my own eatings too but that isn't beautiful, lol! :D

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
I don't care where they came from. They still have the same effect on my.....appetite :food:

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1:

Weight before gym, gym clothes on: 177.9lbs

Training session:

- Deadlift without belt
4x155lbs
4x200lbs
4x245lbs
3x290lbs
2x330lbs
2x375lbs
1x420lbs
7x465lbs (personal best, +10lbs and +2 reps!!)

- DB lunges
5 sets of 5 @ 18's

Quick and simple. Beast mode was ON, I've never felt that strong in the gym. I'll upload the video as soon as I can.

Hard to tell about pumps because my training session was so short. Back pump was pretty intense after that heavy deadlit set but I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not, lol! :D

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very nice. Jealous of your deads!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very nice. Jealous of your deads!
Thanks! Deadlift is my best lift easily...

Any ideas how I can upload a vid to youtube from my phone without wifi? I have phone's internet but this thing says that large files can be uploaded only with wifi...

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks! Deadlift is my best lift easily...

Any ideas how I can upload a vid to youtube from my phone without wifi? I have phone's internet but this thing says that large files can be uploaded only with wifi...
Can you crop the video down to where it's small enough? If not, then no.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
:jaw:

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had to download the YouTube app to get it work. However, here is the vid:

[video=youtube;CEmdV0Kmpl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEmdV0Kmpl8[/video]

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
I love PL plates. That looks way more than 465 lol. Those were some very nice clean reps, man.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love PL plates. That looks way more than 465 lol. Those were some very nice clean reps, man.
In my previous gym there was "bumper" plates for crossfitters. 25's looked like 55's, lol :D Couldn't load enough weight to the bar there.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
In my previous gym there was "bumper" plates for crossfitters. 25's looked like 55's, lol :D Couldn't load enough weight to the bar there.
That's when you grab two barbells loaded up and do hammer deads :sgrin:

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I counted yesterday's macros.

5529kcal (protein 304 grams, carbs 699 grams, fat 158 grams). Pretty happy with that, it's my goal on training days. On rest days I eat about 1000 calories less... Mostly less carbs and a little bit less protein too.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3:

Training session:

- Squat
5x155lbs
5x185lbs
2 sets of 4 @ 220lbs
2 sets of 3 @ 260lbs
5 sets of 3 @ 280lbs
3x290lbs
3x300lbs

- Seated good morning
5 sets of 5

Maybe the best squat workout ever. I felt like I could've gone much higher.. I think 400lbs squat will happen soon!

I took 4 caps of Nitroceps Elite before workout and I can tell you that my quads and glutes were pumped after those squat sets. Back pump was intense too - I think I'll reduce the dose to 3 caps on squat & deadlift days and go with the full dose on upper body days.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4

Bodybuilding session:

- Close neutral grip cable pulldown on incline bench (30 degree angle):
8x25lbs
8x35lbs
8x45lbs
8x55lbs
8x70lbs
8x80lbs
8x90lbs
8x100lbs -> drop set to 8x70lbs with 45 degree angle -> another drop to 12 partial reps with 45lbs
8x45lbs with 60 degree angle

- Side lateral raises
3 sets of 15-20 + dropset

- Facepull
3 sets of 8 @ 70lbs

- Seated calf raise
8x0lbs
8x35lbs
8x70lbs
10x100lbs -> drop to 70lbs (few assisted reps with it) -> drop to 35lbs (few assisted reps with it) -> drop to 0lbs (forced stretches with it)

Good workout. Did cable pulldown with incline bench instead of weighted chins to save my bicep tendons. Pump was great, this stuff is definitely working.

The gym was so crowded that I didn't take any vids, but here's an old vid of me doing cable pulldowns on incline bench. If you haven't tried that before, do it NAU!

[video=youtube;Y-KqpKJ4X_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-KqpKJ4X_4[/video]

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good Lawd look at those cals!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sexy underwear.
I know you like it.

Good Lawd look at those cals!
It's not fun to eat that day after day. I've been always a "hardgainer" - when I started this hobby as masculine 109lbs I needed to eat almost 3000 calories to put on weight - and now I know a guy who has won international amateur BB contests in -198lbs weight class who can still gain weight at 3000 calories.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
no more food damnit, haha...I will never cut looking at food...NEVER

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
I just went into a diabetic coma looking at those macros.

shocked-will-smith.gif

Nice looking workout. You are gonna beast your way right through this stack.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5:

Workout:

- Bench press
5x45lbs
5x90lbs
5x130lbs
4x150lbs
2 sets of 3 @ 180lbs
2x200lbs......

- Squat
5x110lbs
5x185lbs
4x220lbs
2 sets of 3 @ 260lbs
5 sets of 2 @ 295lbs

I had to stop it there. I was supposed to do 9 sets of 2 @ 200-235lbs on bench and plenty of front squats, good mornings, weighted dips and DB flyes but pain in my bicep tendons became too intense... They have pained me for almost a month now and it's making me angry.

Pump in my glutes and quads was once again good.

Here is my gameplan to fix my arms:

- I'll be taking 400mgs of ibuprofen three times per day for week or so
- I'll be applying Voltaren Forte twice per day for week or so
- I will NOT do bench press or any assistance work for it for at least 2 weeks
- I will not do front squat, weighted chin-ups
- I will not do any direct bicep work
- I will train upper body with high reps and minimal rest between sets in order to minimize stressing my bicep tendons.

Hopefully I'll be able to train upper body hard in 2 weeks. I'm just tired of this pain so taking a break for upper body training is only sensible thing to do at this point.

Other notes: Appetite has been great today.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
that sucks about the bi's man...I hope your protocol helps them get under control

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work brother.

I agree with your whole plan to help the bicep heal, however, I'd recommend that you not take the ibuprofen within 3-4hrs pre-workout so that you are able to feel 100% of what you're doing to it.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice work brother.

I agree with your whole plan to help the bicep heal, however, I'd recommend that you not take the ibuprofen within 3-4hrs pre-workout so that you are able to feel 100% of what you're doing to it.
Yeah, I decided to drop the ibuprofen to 200mg twice per day - first tab with breakfast and second one before bed.

Day 7

Morning weight: 177lbs

Training session: deadlift speed work

- Deadlift without belt, overhand grip with no straps
3x155lbs
3x200lbs
3x245lbs
2 sets of 2 @ 295lbs
4 sets of 2 @ 340lbs

- DB lunges
5 sets of 5 @ 22's

Nice and easy. Speed was great even though I pulled with overhand grip without straps. I'm easily stronger in deadlifts than I've ever been before. If I can pull 5x485lbs next week (that would be personal best, +5lbs and +4 reps), I'll sign up to a meet.

Back pump was intense once again. Maybe Nitroceps had something to do with it, but I also forgot to add taurine to my intraworkout drink. Legs were pumped even though I didn't train them - I do lunges only because I feel that they speed up my recovery from heavy squats and deadlifts.

I incorporated SARMs to my supplement protocol two days ago and I also upped carbs on training days by 15 grams.

Arms are feeling good. Deadlifts didn't feel bad at all.

Tomorrow will be rest day and I'll squat on Saturday - I'll do some assistance work too.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job on those pulls!

I've been thinking about trying SARMs in the near future also.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job on those pulls!

I've been thinking about trying SARMs in the near future also.
Thanks!
SARMs are interesting indeed. They may be the future of performance enhancement. I've read so much about them that I wanted to try myself.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 9

Morning weight: 178.1lbs

Training session:

- Squat

5x155lbs
5x185lbs
4x220lbs
2 sets of 3 @ 260lbs
6 sets of 3 @ 280lbs
3x290lbs
3x300lbs
3x310lbs
3x320lbs (personal best!)

- Paused leg press

5x220lbs
5 sets of 5 @ 290lbs
5x330lbs

- Seated good mornings
5 sets of 5

Awesome workout. I'll post vid and pic later.

Today I remembered to add taurine to my intra workout drink so back pump didn't bother me. Lets were still very pumped even though I don't do long sets!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Heaviest set from today... 3x320lbs:

[video=youtube;z7pUl1x1-K8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7pUl1x1-K8[/video]

And one back shot:

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice squats, dude.

What kinda shoes you rockin? I contemplated ordering my Oly shoes from EU but decided it would suck if they didn't fit.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice squats, dude.

What kinda shoes you rockin? I contemplated ordering my Oly shoes from EU but decided it would suck if they didn't fit.
Thanks! I'd like to add 100lbs to my squat, as they're nowhere near to where they should be compared to my deadlift and front squat... But I think it'll go up as I've done back squats for only 7 weeks now - and it feels better every week.

I use "Polski" weightlifting shoes. Ordered them from Finnish Weightlifting Organization... Costed 80 euros so half of Adidas' price and they've served me well for almost three years.

buty.jpg

Mines are similar to the red one in the middle.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You've got your form down though, so the weight will come.

I wish US manufacturers made wood heals still. Oh well.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You've got your form down though, so the weight will come.

I wish US manufacturers made wood heals still. Oh well.
My girlfriend uses Do-Win weightlifting shoes and so does my training partner. Haven't tried them personally but they might be good too - and not very prizey.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got great news today. I'll be eligible to compete in national powerlifting championships here (the biggest organization that doesn't do drug tests). That will change my plans a little.

I'll back off like two weeks with my routine as I originally planned to peak 22th March but now the big meet is 5th April.

I also changed my plan about hormonal supplements. My original plan was to introduce SDMZ2.0 to my daily protocol (right now just replacement dose of testosterone and SARMs like I've stated before) 9th February but now I won't do it until 23th February. No I have more time to enjoy "natural" pumps from Nitroceps!

Tomorrow I'll do my weekly bodybuilding workout for upper back, delts and calves. Gonna make that blood flowing!

Oh, and I ordered some nice stuff few minutes ago... New belt, singlet, deadlift socks and -shoes and knee straps. I've never squatted with knee straps and they're allowed in my organization so I though why not. It'll be interesting to see how much they'll add to my squat (if I know how to use them, lol).

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome man!

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 10

Bodybuilding session:

- Cable pulldown on incline bench, 30 degree angle:
12x35lbs
12x45lbs
12x55lbs
12x70lbs
12x80lbs
12x90lbs
12x100lbs -> drop to 70lbs and 60 degree angle (8 reps with that weight and few assisted reps) -> drop to 45lbs and partial reps "Coleman's 21" style with that weight

- Facepull
5 sets of 6 reps

- DB side lateral raises
5 sets of 6-15 reps, 2 drops in last set

- Seated calves
3 straigh sets of 8 reps

Awesome workout. Pump was just crazy after those cable pulldowns and side laterals. And there was two hawt bishes in the gym so blood started to flow to my man parts too. Awesome.

Squats tomorrow again. Gotta tweak my next weeks training sessions a little because we'll go to visit my girlfriends parents. My girl will also fly to Turkey in 8 days and stay there for 4.5 months because of her studies - that means that I'll have hard times, lol :D

My biceps haven't pained me since the last time I tried to do bench press. Maybe I'll be able to start benching again in a week or so.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Caught up in here! Nice job GH! Great detail! Didn't know Finland uses English system.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Caught up in here! Nice job GH! Great detail! Didn't know Finland uses English system.
Welcome!

What do you mean by English system? No, we don't speak English here and we use metric system (kilograms and meters) but because many readers are from the States, I write my weights with pounds... I think some of us may not know how many pounds is one kilo so I want to make it easier to understand :)

I round them to closest 5lbs usually - for example 30 kilos in 66lbs but I mark it there as 65lbs.