How to Condense the AminOD muscles (sponsored)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First things first: Thank you to the Purus team (Aaron, Grambo, Danb & even Airborne) for the opportunity to log for Purus once again!!
The products:
Condense (Melonberry Cooler(
AminO.D. (Blue Razz Lemonade)
The logger:
Me!
Height: 5'6-1/2"
Weight: 179 (as of this morning)
Goals:Keep adding lean mass to my frame, add weight to my lifts and keep the muscle fatigue/DOMS at bay. I'm looking for the Condense to give me a good kick in the ol' arse to push harder in the gym and the AminO.D. to help speed recovery time up.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
CONDENSE

Mixability: 10/10 I had not problems with it not mixing completely just by shaking in a water bottle.
Taste: 7/10 It has a decent taste. I would have liked it to be a bit stronger on the melon flavor but for a PRE, it's not too bad. It mixes well with other flavors but not the Custard Creme D-Pol. Lol
Smell: 10/10 Smells like a watermelon jolly rancher!
Energy: 8/10 Dosing it with a double dose was very reminiscent of the DMAA days but not quite as good, that's why I only gave it an 8. It worked best for me to dose it at 1 1/2 scoops pre and then mix 1/2 scoop in with the AminOD intra. That kept me going good and steady.
Pump: 6/10 While at first it was really good, I adapted to it rather quickly and the pumps weren't what they were at the beginning. Adding in some D-Pol prior to lifting remedied that and made the pumps painful which was nice!
Vascularity: 6/10 Pretty much the same as with the pump.

AminOD

Mixablity: 10/10 Mixed great with very little effort.
Taste: 10/10 Taste was very good!!
Smell: 10/10 Smelled as good as it tasted
Recovery: 8/10 Still had some minor DOMS after some days but for the most part, my muscles felt more or less just tired and not sore. When not using an intra or post amino supplement, I can really tell the difference with the DOMS and the recovery time.

Now for the real question: Would I recommend either of these products to someone? And the answer to that is YES, I already have and would again!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1

Did legs today.

Plate loaded squat press & calf press: 5 sets of 15, 2 sets of 10
Atg squats: 5 sets of 10
Plate loaded leg extensions: 3 sets of 15, 2 sets of 10

That was about all I could handle. I dosed the Condense 10-15 minutes prior to lifting as per instructions and started with one scoop. The energy didn't really kick in until about 30-40 minutes after taking but once it did, I could feel it. Been on a break from pres for a couple months so this is nice! Upon opening the tub, it smelled like a watermelon jolly rancher. The flavor isn't quite as pronounced as the smell but still pretty darn good! The pump was definitely noticed as my legs were painfully pumped. Just walking seemed to increase the pump! Me likey!!
The Aminod was very tasty too! Both mixed very well just with shaking in a plain water bottle. No unpleasant aftertaste with either product. Just from this first workout, I believe I will change timing on the pre to 20-30 minutes prior and keep the aminos as an intra. Initial thoughts are that Purus has a couple winners here!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
You know AB is in ;-)

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unsubbed.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:wave2:

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed buddy

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Multi-quote time!

You know AB is in ;-)
Better be!

great start to a log! great work brother subd will be keeping up
Thanks for joining!

Unsubbed.
Don't you have to be sub'd before you can be unsubbed? I know you're still here! <3

:wave2: :biggrin:

Subbed buddy
Oops, you're on the Purus team too aren't you! I don't see sigs anymore since they changed things for mobile. Now I feel bad for forgetting!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol all good man. My phone won't show sigs either. No worries

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2 in the books. Did chest yesterday. Ate a 5.3oz cup of greek yogurt before I took the Condense and I'm thinking that was a mistake. Energy never really kicked in real good while I was lifting. Took it 25 minutes prior to lifting. While I didn't really get a good energy kick, I could still feel the BA tingles. Focus was not there too much but I blame that on a hot college girl in yoga pants that seemed to be following me around the gym. I would go to one station to lift and then she was over there real close too. Still loving the taste of AminOD! Took that intra and post because it's just sooo tasty! I can easily see me being out of the aminod way before the condense!

Routine:
Incline bench: 4×15, 2×5
High pulley flies: 5×10
Decline bench: 5×10, 1×5
Low pulley crossovers: 5×10
DB flies: 5×10

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2 in the books. Did chest yesterday. Ate a 5.3oz cup of greek yogurt before I took the Condense and I'm thinking that was a mistake. Energy never really kicked in real good while I was lifting. Took it 25 minutes prior to lifting. While I didn't really get a good energy kick, I could still feel the BA tingles. Focus was not there too much but I blame that on a hot college girl in yoga pants that seemed to be following me around the gym. I would go to one station to lift and then she was over there real close too. Still loving the taste of AminOD! Took that intra and post because it's just sooo tasty! I can easily see me being out of the aminod way before the condense!

Routine:
Incline bench: 4×15, 2×5
High pulley flies: 5×10
Decline bench: 5×10, 1×5
Low pulley crossovers: 5×10
DB flies: 5×10
Stuffs like liquid crack man.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3

Dosed the Condense on an empty stomach (1 scoop) 35 minutes prior to lifting but still took about 10-15 minutes into lifting for the energy to hit. Next workout, I will be bumping the dose up to 2 scoops. The AminOD is still intra and it is clearly some of the best tasting aminos I've ever had! The DOMS don't seem to be a factor even after a few weeks off from the gym so that tells me that AminOD is working in that aspect.
This workout was purely arms

High pulley push downs: 5X10 (with rope)
Low pulley curls: 5x10
High pulley one arm push downs (with rope): 5x10
DB hammer curls: 5x10
EZ bar seated tricep extensions into wrist curl at top of motion (narrow grip) 5x10
(wide grip) 5x10
Plate loaded preacher curls: 5x10
Weight is always increased with each set in all lifts.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Should be back home for a while now so updates will be more frequent.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick update before I head home from gym.

2 scoops= VERY NICE!!

Pump, vascularity and energy were--- scratch that, ARE going strong!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 4 in the books. As stated above, 2 scoops really was a big improvement from 1 scoop on the Condense. Veins were popping out in arms and shoulders as I worked my chest again. I even overheard a couple teen boys saying that I had to be on roids the way my veins were sticking out! LOL!! It was just perfect timing that they said that right in the break of songs on my mp3 otherwise I wouldn't have been able to chuckle at it. While 2 scoops was awesome in the gym, about 3-3 1/2 hours later, I was starting to crash pretty bad. Not completely sure if that was because of the Condense or just that I was really tired from being out in the cold and some added stress from some other stuff. I think I will back the dose down to 1 1/2 scoops and see how that goes.

Chest:
Flat bench: 1x10, 3x5, 1x3, 1x5, 2x15
High pulley crossovers down to hip: 5x10
Low pulley crossovers up past shoulder: 5x10
DB flies (flat): 3x10, 2x5
Dips (BW): 4x10, 1x8*

*Tendinitis in right elbow started to flare up pretty bad and about made my arm buckle at the top of rep #8. Decided to call it quits for the day and go home and ice it.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha that's awesome man. 1.5 is what I usually go with on condense. I'll also add 1 scoop to my intra seems to be just about perfect for me.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to do that with the OG Jack3d and really liked that so I might have to give that a try with Condense. I would probably just do a 1/2 scoop intra though. Curious now of how the melonberry will taste with the blue raz if I mix the Condense and AminOD. I guess I'll find out. Oh, I did find out that if you mix the Condense in a 12 oz. bottle of Cold Stone's Creamy Dreamy Vanilla shake, it is.............AWESOME!! I was disappointed when it was empty!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nice job with the log so far! Glad you are enjoying the Purus products!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was very hectic after work so I was unable to get on long enough to post up Tuesday's routine and comments so here it is.

Tried going to 1 1/2 scoops of Condense and it was pretty much right in the middle (duh!) effect wise. There was just enough of an energy boost to kick me in the butt but not so much as I was feeling like Superman or the Flash. Next, I will try 1 1/2 pre and 1/2 intra and see how I like that. The AminOD is still awesome and muscle soreness is very minimal.

Legs/ Abs
Squats: 2x15, 2x10, 1x5
Plate loaded squat press to calf press: 2x20, 1x15, 1x10, 1x5
DB lunges: 5x10
Weighted decline situps: 5x10
Leg raises (legs straight): 5x15
Seated calf press: 5x20

Then I waddled out of the gym.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wednesday was an off day for me but today is not. Time to head to the gym!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, so I went with 1 1/2 scoop pre and 1/2 intra and that kept me going at a nice steady pace in the added energy department. As far as how the Condense and the AminOD tasted together.......as Borat would say, Is very nice!

Back and shoulders
Iso lateral rows: 3x10, 2x5
DB raises (front and lateral): 5x15
DB shrugs: 3x20, 2x10
Mid pulley shoulder rotations (internal and external): 4x10, 1x15
Bent over DB rows: 5x10
DB shoulder press: 5x5
Pouring the pitcher (lateral db raise with rotation): 5x10

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today at work I was running my big radial arm saw with a dado blade on it for a couple hours straight and my lats got a whole other workout in. That's not to mention the part of picking up the 10' 6x6s off the floor to put them on the saw table and then again to put them on another stack on the floor. Also have to add in the carrying them from another station about 40' away to get them to my station. I'm tired after doing this at the end of the day so I'm gonna call that my workout for the day. The weekend will be off days because we are going to visit my wife's sister at college and go to a dance. Yea!! (sarcasm).

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going to my little sis-in-law's dance at her college really made me aware that I am getting older! LOL!

I think that I will stick to dosing the Condense at 1 1/2 prior and the other half intra. That seems to be working out right nicely. Getting a good pump and vascularity and the energy is steady. No crash afterwards.

Chest routine:
Incline bench: 1x15, 3x10, 1x5
Flat bench: 1x15, 2x10, 1x5, 1x3
Cable crossovers (low to high and high to low): 5x10
Iso-lateral bench: 1x15, 2x10, 1x5, 1x1

Chest was pretty well pumped after that and still pumped a couple hours later when I finally went in the house after working outside a bit once I got home. My wife looked at me and said, "Must have been chest day! Maybe we should go get you a bra." She's a terrible brat sometimes! LOL!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Going to my little sis-in-law's dance at her college really made me aware that I am getting older! LOL!

I think that I will stick to dosing the Condense at 1 1/2 prior and the other half intra. That seems to be working out right nicely. Getting a good pump and vascularity and the energy is steady. No crash afterwards.

Chest routine:
Incline bench: 1x15, 3x10, 1x5
Flat bench: 1x15, 2x10, 1x5, 1x3
Cable crossovers (low to high and high to low): 5x10
Iso-lateral bench: 1x15, 2x10, 1x5, 1x1

Chest was pretty well pumped after that and still pumped a couple hours later when I finally went in the house after working outside a bit once I got home. My wife looked at me and said, "Must have been chest day! Maybe we should go get you a bra." She's a terrible brat sometimes! LOL!
Yeah condense will do that to you.
What made you attend the dance?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My wife. It was a father daughter dance and family was invited too so my wife wanted to go visit her sis and I just like watching my daughter at dances.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
My wife. It was a father daughter dance and family was invited too so my wife wanted to go visit her sis and I just like watching my daughter at dances.
Definitely a good reason to support!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got to the gym today and it was closed. :( I guess 9+ inches of snow today (and still snowing) was too much. *sigh* resorted to shoveling my driveway and a snowball fight with my wife & daughter. Weather is supposed to get bad later today so the gym will probably be closed tomorrow too.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Luke's the man... Thats all...

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
There you are! I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about my log! Jk, I know your plate is rather full right now.
Hahah I'm always watching brother. I just finished my first tub of AminoD stuffs amazing. Glad to see you doing well bro

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
There you are! I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about my log! Jk, I know your plate is rather full right now.
Hahah I'm always watching brother. I just finished my first tub of AminoD stuffs amazing. Glad to see you doing well bro

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So my wife reminded me Wednesday of a Dr's appt. I had to get my cyst removed from my back/shoulder. Went in yesterday and now have a 3" cut instead of a lump. Dr said it was starting to grow into the muscle which is probably why it was starting to cause discomfort. 9 stiches & I'm gtg! No restrictions so hopefully the gym is back open today -- they should be because everything else is!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not a great pic but here's the result.

13918265233150.jpg

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha Damn dude. Looks like a bad spot to have stitches

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, it was pretty sore yesterday and this morning but I don't hardly notice it too much now. Just a slight pull every now and again. We'll see what it's like when I do back and arms.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sucks about the surgery. How's the products coming along?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sucks about the surgery. How's the products coming along?
Ehh, is what it is. Looks like it's pretty much healed up now. Just have a slight pulling when I move right where I can feel that the stitches are there. That and it itches like crazy every now and again. Didn't seem to bother me at the gym today.

As for the products, they are great! I'm really liking them! Will post up more tomorrow.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Friday's thoughts/ routine:

This was a leg day:

Squat press machine: 5x20 with wide stance and 5x15 with narrow stance.*
Calf Press: 5x15*
Plate loaded leg extension: 5x10
Stiff leg raises: 5x15
Seated leg curl: 5x10
Good girl: 5x10
Bad girl: 5x10

*these were all done with a 15 second rest between sets as a super set.

Still doing the Condense at 1 1/2 prior and 1/2 intra. This is definitely the best way for me to dose. The Aminod is still 1 1/2 scoop intra in a 20 oz bottle of water. I really want to mix another bottle up after I'm done with the first but I have to refrain. There have been no sightings of the DOMS while the Aminod has been in use and that is nice!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Monday

Chest
Flat bench: 1x15, 2x10, 1x5, 1x1, 1x10, 1x15
Incline bench: 1x10, 4x5 *
Flat DB flies: 5x10
High pulley crossovers: 5x10
low pulley crossovers: 5X10

*had to take a quick break after the last set to go check on stitches. Thought I felt one break but it turned out to be a false alarm.

Really have nothing more to say about the two products at this time that I haven't already mentioned but I will post up a pic of how well the Condensed mixes just in a normal bottle of water.

13921403759290.jpg

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Friday's thoughts/ routine:

This was a leg day:

Squat press machine: 5x20 with wide stance and 5x15 with narrow stance.*
Calf Press: 5x15*
Plate loaded leg extension: 5x10
Stiff leg raises: 5x15
Seated leg curl: 5x10
Good girl: 5x10
Bad girl: 5x10

*these were all done with a 15 second rest between sets as a super set.

Still doing the Condense at 1 1/2 prior and 1/2 intra. This is definitely the best way for me to dose. The Aminod is still 1 1/2 scoop intra in a 20 oz bottle of water. I really want to mix another bottle up after I'm done with the first but I have to refrain. There have been no sightings of the DOMS while the Aminod has been in use and that is nice!
Nice update.
Have you mixed the flavors yet?

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tuesday was arms.

High pulley push downs: 2×15, 3×10
Low pulley (one arm) curls: 3×10, 1×2, 1×1(PR!)*
Dips (bw): 5x10
Standing DB curls: 5×10
Overhead tricep extension into wrist curl: 5×10
EZ bar overhand curls: 5×10
1 hand high pulley push downs: 5×10
Ez bar curls (narrow grip): 5×5

*Got the 100 lb setting for one nice controled rep!
Veins were bulging like crazy!

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Tuesday was arms.

High pulley push downs: 2×15, 3×10
Low pulley curls: 3×10, 1×2, 1×1(PR!)*
Dips (bw): 5x10
Standing DB curls: 5×10
Overhead tricep extension into wrist curl: 5×10
EZ bar overhand curls: 5×10
1 hand high pulley push downs: 5×10
Ez bar curls (narrow grip): 5×5

*Got the 100 lb setting for one nice controled rep!
Veins were bulging like crazy!
Yea buddy... Can't go wrong with veins. That ish turns nurses on!!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been home all day fighting the crud. Feel like I got beat up and then forced to drink some battery acid. Hot green tea with a teaspoon of buckwheat blossom honey in it soothes the cough and the firery throat pretty good though. Not sure how many of those I've had today. Fever doesn't want to go away too easily either! Not a fan!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get better bud. I had that crap last week and my wife had it this week. It's been Going around pretty good around here.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did a little "cardio" with the wife Friday night after I was feeling better. Five minutes in and my chest was on fire, I was weazing and coughing like I'd been smoking 2 packs a day of Marlboro Reds after cutting the filters off. Needless to say, that was game over. :(

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did a little "cardio" with the wife Friday night after I was feeling better. Five minutes in and my chest was on fire, I was weazing and coughing like I'd been smoking 2 packs a day of Marlboro Reds after cutting the filters off. Needless to say, that was game over. :(
Hahaha that's unfortunate buddy. On the other hand if your going over 5 minutes that's your own fault ;)