MAX(lean)-BULKing for winter!!

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
THIS LOG IS SPONSERED BY ANDROFACTORY

Product logging: MAX-BULK (dosing 6/day, 4 weeks)
Supplements: fish oil, vit d, creatine, niacin.
PCT: Nolva 20/20/10/10 & Aromasin

Height: 5'10

Weight: 158lbs

BF%: 10-12% never got it tested

Training: modified PHAT, 600 cals HIIT/week

Calories & Macros: right now im at 2200cal/day with cardio taken into account, im dropping cardio when i start this so ill be at 2300cal/day and will bump up once i see what my body is doing with the hormones and the fact i wont be doing my cardio.
Macros are 300c/140p/50f.

Give me some feedback on what you guys want to see tracked besides changes in my physique ill showing through pics.( First thing im doing is cutting all cardio no change in cal intake first week )

B/D/S 1rm havent taken them in months but 245/455/320 are my personal bests at 175-180 lbs.

I pulled my max dead coventional and did my max squat low bar, Ive since swapped both movements to sumo dead and high bar squat.

Before pic:

ForumRunner_20140107_131700.png

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! You've got plenty of room for some quality mass! I'm excited to see how it goes for you :)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I'm in bro, your pretty lean so you should see some nicelbm gains

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In for da gainz!

Do you know some 1 rep or even 3-5 rep maxes for any major exercises? I'd be curious to see if/how much strength increases for you over this month. Hugojaya had some noticeable increases.

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
In for da gainz!

Do you know some 1 rep or even 3-5 rep maxes for any major exercises? I'd be curious to see if/how much strength increases for you over this month. Hugojaya had some noticeable increases.
Fixed in og post bro. Thanks.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In! Running this in a few weeks.

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Just recieved the MAX-BULK, will start tomorrow. One question did this bottle come with an extra 42 caps? if not ill just run 3 per day till empty, it said it in the promo just double checking.

ForumRunner_20140108_184124.png

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Today was day one went to the gym fasted, took 3 softgels as soon as i woke.

Training: (hyper) pull day

Weighted chins- worked up to a set of 40lbs/5 reps, did 7 sets total.

DB rows- did 4 sets of 90/10

Chest supported row (wide)- did 4 sets 120lbs/12, slow reps with held peak contraction.

Rear delt fly machine- 3sets 60lbs/15

DB pullovers- 3 sets 80lbs/12

DB Hammer curls- pyramid between 30-40lbs got 40 for 12.

Also first day back at 2300 cals cant wait for the gainzzzz.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great first day! BTW, the bottle shows 126 caps, which would be a 42 day cycle (6 weeks). Maybe there are extra caps?

Only way to make sure is to count, I guess.

Might consider bumping the cals up over the course of the cycle. What does everyone else think?

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Subbed.

Yes your bottle should contain the additional 42 capsules for a total of 168 capsules.

Have a good run!!

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Great first day! BTW, the bottle shows 126 caps, which would be a 42 day cycle (6 weeks). Maybe there are extra caps?

Only way to make sure is to count, I guess.

Might consider bumping the cals up over the course of the cycle. What does everyone else think?
Thanks! And yeah i just dropped all cardio after a week of that ill see where im at on the scale and mirror and post a pic for everyone, to see where im at and get everyones opinion on what i should change.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks! And yeah i just dropped all cardio after a week of that ill see where im at on the scale and mirror and post a pic for everyone, to see where im at and get everyones opinion on what i should change.
Second thought about cals here. I was going off of your stats on your avi! Just saw that you are 158 lbs, not 180 :)

2,300 cals might be good, but it's good that you are planning to adjust if needed. Carry on, good sir :D

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Yup in my app i had a typo on my weight it said 180 but i edited it when i noticed that later on but yeah im at a weight that my body doesnt hold without some well thought diet and training.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
I would think you would have to up your cals also? I'm smaller than you and I'm doing about 28-2900 cals daily. I know there are other factors but just a thought. I have gained about 7 pounds now in about 7 or 8wks..

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Eat for the weight you wanna be, whether that's getting bigger or smaller, & don't make huge movements quickly - controlled, progressive, minor increases/decreases produce more stable results. Like 500 cal swings at most; the body needs time to get used to extra calories or operating at a deficit without thinking it's starving.

The leaner bf % you are the less you're going to need for your weight. The body starts to get very efficient.

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Eat for the weight you wanna be, whether that's getting bigger or smaller, & don't make huge movements quickly - controlled, progressive, minor increases/decreases produce more stable results. Like 500 cal swings at most; the body needs time to get used to extra calories or operating at a deficit without thinking it's starving.

The leaner bf % you are the less you're going to need for your weight. The body starts to get very efficient.
I agree with this, ive cut to this bodyfat 3 times and rebounded bad twice, never making that mistake again.

Some people can get away with huge increases in such short periods of time im not one of them.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Anabolics can help this but it's still not going to make you an instant blackhole; my first few cycles I gained bf every single time the first wk cuz I added in too many cals & carbs too fast b4 my body's increased needs had really showed up.

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Training: (hyper) leg day

High bar squats: 185x10 6 sets

Goblet squats: 80lbx12 6 sets

BB SLDL: 135x12 6 sets

DB SLDL: 60x15 4 sets

Good workout wasnt taxed at all, just practicing form and going through the motions.

Breakfast:

ForumRunner_20140110_082442.png

I always eat like a bro for breakfast lol.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anabolics can help this but it's still not going to make you an instant blackhole; my first few cycles I gained bf every single time the first wk cuz I added in too many cals & carbs too fast b4 my body's increased needs had really showed up.
Absolutely! Luckily he has a little time to make adjustments with the extra caps :)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Training: hyper leg day

High bar squats: 185x10 6 sets

Goblet squats: 80lbx12 6 sets

BB SLDL: 135x12 6 sets

DB SLDL: 60x15 4 sets

Good workout wasnt taxed at all, just practicing form and going through the motions.
Do you do any calf work, or stick with thigh exercises?

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Training: (power) upper

BB Bench Press: 220lbs 5x5

BB Row: 185lbs 5x5

OHP: 135lbs 5x5

Did body weight dips and chins at the end didnt count, quick & fun workout.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Training: (power) upper

BB Bench Press: 220lbs 5x5

BB Row: 185lbs 5x5

OHP: 135lbs 5x5

Did body weight dips and chins at the end didnt count, quick & fun workout.
This is fairly similar to my training style as of late; been back at Wendler's 5/3/1 recently. Is there a system/routine/protocol you're specifically using? This is my kind of workout :)

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
No specific program im using now, but 5/3/1 is awesome!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It seems to deliver - slow gains are better than no gains! There's a trainer at my gym who uses the Texas Method as of late, & that seems pretty cool too if you look at the programming. If you're into strength stuff that is.

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Going to have to check that out, have been hearing alot about it lately. And yeah calorie surplus + linear progression program= steady gains.

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Training: (power) Lower

Sumo deadlift: 335lbs 5x5

Front squat: 160lbs 4sets 8-12 reps

Goblet squat: 80lbs 5sets 12reps

DB SLDL: 65lbs 5sets 12-15 reps

Strong glute pump today lol. Tomorrow ill weigh in wouldnt be surprised if im up 5-6lbs i look like im holding water but at the same time im so full. Today i think my pumps were enhanced my whole posterior was tight and full from the deads and carried on throught the workout.

No sides or anything really to report yet just feeling good making gains.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Training: (power) Lower

Sumo deadlift: 335lbs 5x5

Front squat: 160lbs 4sets 8-12 reps

Goblet squat: 80lbs 5sets 12reps

DB SLDL: 65lbs 5sets 12-15 reps

Strong glute pump today lol. Tomorrow ill weigh in wouldnt be surprised if im up 5-6lbs i look like im holding water but at the same time im so full. Today i think my pumps were enhanced my whole posterior was tight and full from the deads and carried on throught the workout.

No sides or anything really to report yet just feeling good making gains.
Awesome, sounds like you are making good use of Max-Bulk! :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Feeling good making gains!! Love it!
No better place to be!

Agreed. I am doing 5/3/1 with the 3 month "Boring but Big" challenge template. It's pretty intense :)
Sort of using that template now; I add in extra work & try to keep my rests moderate since the Boring part is pretty conservatively weighted. 5x10 on squats last night after I'd just done 3x3 on squats has me sweating like pig.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sort of using that template now; I add in extra work & try to keep my rests moderate since the Boring part is pretty conservatively weighted. 5x10 on squats last night after I'd just done 3x3 on squats has me sweating like pig.
Absolutely! Have you seen the 3 month challenge? You might dig it. It goes in a progression on the BBB sets from 50% to 60% the next month and to 70% the last month on the BBB sets. Also, it separates your BBB sets from the main lift.

For instance, I did my 3s week for Deads today, so I did 5 X 10 on Squats (and BBB Deads on Squat day). On Bench day you do OHP BBB, and vice versa.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I actually tried it but failed; backed out after the 2nd month due to back issues at the time (5x10 on deadlift is a very poor way to nurse a lower-back injury lol). Currently just using the standard 5x10 additional of the main lift @ 50%, but it's helping me build my muscular endurance back up so I'm happy with the light weight.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually tried it but failed; backed out after the 2nd month due to back issues at the time (5x10 on deadlift is a very poor way to nurse a lower-back injury lol). Currently just using the standard 5x10 additional of the main lift @ 50%, but it's helping me build my muscular endurance back up so I'm happy with the light weight.

Cool! I'm kinda dreading when I get to the 70% Deads and Squats. The 60% is already getting tough this cycle.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the 5/3/1 Rest Pause challenge is brutal. Heavy 3x3 squats followed by 20 reps on a 75% max rep set is literally the only thing besides the prowler to make me puke in the gym.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the 5/3/1 Rest Pause challenge is brutal. Heavy 3x3 squats followed by 20 reps on a 75% max rep set is literally the only thing besides the prowler to make me puke in the gym.
Wow, I haven't seen that one! It certainly sounds vomit inducing!

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Training: (hyper) push

Incline DB Press: 80lbs/12reps, 90lbs/12reps 4 sets

DB shoulder press: 80lbs 3sets of 10

Pec fly machine: pyramid weight from 60 to 80 lbs 12-15 reps, 4 sets

Weighted dips: 45lbs for 4 sets 12-15 reps

Whole upper body was so pumped it was rediculous, the dips were a chore with the pump i had.

Progress pic: at home before gym, with lats engaged.

Weight: 163 lbs

ForumRunner_20140116_120458.png

Should have taken a pic at the gym it was epic ill get one on my next upperbody day.

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
I have nolva, clomid, aromasin, and erase. What should i use in pct?

I was reccomended clomid and erase and am going with that reccomendation unless someone has a reason i should change.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have nolva, clomid, aromasin, and erase. What should i use in pct?

I was reccomended clomid and erase and am going with that reccomendation unless someone has a reason i should change.
That's what I would do. Save the nolva & aromasin in case of gyno, but otherwise clomid & erase will restore you perfectly fine.

Looking good in your pic bud; tight like a tiger!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good in your pic bud; tight like a tiger!
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping to look like after I start my MaxBulk log next week.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Looking good man! This should be a great run with tons of progress.

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Training: (hyper) leg day

Sumo DL: 235 4 sets of 10

Trap bar DL (low grip): 225 4 sets of 12-15

DB SLDL: 65-80lbs 5 sets 12-15 reps

Goblet squats: 80-100lbs 10-15 reps

Did standing calf raises after, have been taking 6 max-bulk daily split in two doses. My pumps are definitely increased along with my endurace which showed for me today i think im going to start pushing for some better lifts on my power days as my body seems to be telling me everythings a goo!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks like you are getting some good results so far. What have you noticed the most, fat loss or lean mass gain? Your weight going up/down?

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
Looks like you are getting some good results so far. What have you noticed the most, fat loss or lean mass gain? Your weight going up/down?
My weight has gone up, i have gained bodyfat but im fuller and seem to definitely be gaining more muscle than BF.the fullness has been lasting all day throughout my posterior.

Ill get another pic up soon changes are starting to come on quick.