MST and Me - Taking my life back one session at a time

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope”

Hello Everyone! No doubt if you're here you've been asked by me to come check out the log, or give some support from time to time. It's been probably 2 years or so since i've ran a log, and probably equally as long since i've shown any sort of true dedication to my fitness goals. It's been a tough stretch of 60+ hour work weeks, having the home and four children to tend to, Being a Chef and tasting everything prior to it's service (and oftentimes unfortunately having second tastings as well), occasional times spending a bit too much time enjoying alcoholic bliss, nursing various sports/gym injuries that have caused me to miss lots of time at the gym or in the dungeon (my basement of kettlebells and a heavy bag), and of course...the poor eating habits day in and day out. Needless to say, i've put myself in quite a hole.

Now sitting at possibly the heaviest (especially in a way of bodyfat) that i've ever been, I am going to take control. At one point in my life I had taken myself down about 100 lbs. and changed my weight issues into muscle and strength...and now I need to do it again. I am ready for the hard work, I am ready to dedicate the hours, the pain, the sweat, and i'm ready to lose many things that have comforted me. I started a little over two weeks ago by eliminating all fried foods. I have not had a food that has touched a deep fryer in 17 days now. Next in a few days is going to be unnecessary carbohydrates. While I will never limit my fruit intake or certain carbohydrates like sweet potatoes...I will be cutting out things like white breads (and maybe breads altogether), white rice, bleached pastas, etc. This log will not be an account of perfect clean eating, because I will be using that as a goal to get to. I am at a point where I do feel I need to kind of ween myself off things or remove them gradually. Finding the time for sessions has been the hardest thing i'm facing lately...but i'm finding ways, and I will find better ways moving forward as well.

To start this log off I am going to be using the following supplements to aid my current diet :
MST Mvp365 multi vitamin
MST ZMK multi mineral
Pure Hawaiian Spirulina pacifica
whey protein powder

In about a week or so I am going to add some more MST goodies once i've gotten a few more workouts in without any other supplementation. Just over the last week or so I have simply been enjoying how much a proper mineral protocol aids in rest and recovery and I will be adding some more recovery aiding items as well as some cordyceps (naturally :) ) and some items to add strength.

If you're here to follow along, then I thank you for taking part in my journey. There will be days where I will question do I really want to do this workout or do I want to just veg out or maybe play some black ops instead...haha. On those days, your support will be what pushes me over the edge and forces me to work it out. As I always have over the last 7 years or so...I appreciate the hell out of all you that continue to follow along with my logs and have become part of my "E-Family". Thank you :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
In...welcome back dude.
thank you so much Ryan...it's been far too long that I have been injured or "too busy" or whatever other problem has arrived...i've reached a special place of "screw this" and now i'm fixing it, haha

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope”QUOTE]

That one second makes all the difference ... I know ... In to help kick you along, Chuck :)

~Rosie~

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Whew i've had a horrible time finding time to update already...busy few days! I will get an update in tomorrow for the last 2-3 days and let you all in on what's been taking up my time haha.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Always like ppl getting up and making change. In for the support.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Alrighty, so a bit of an update. For the last 26 days I believe it is now, I have not eaten anything deep fried. I know that doesn't sound crazy hard but for me it is, haha. I'm a food junkie! Starting yesterday I am cutting out all breads as well. I will still eat items that could be sandwich type things, just on a plate or rolled in some romaine or something of that nature. I can feel just from 2 days away from the bread that my metabolism is picking up a bit....the furnace has kicked back on so to speak.

I've had a few lifts in the last week or so and yesterday I spent the money for a buddy and I to get an hour on an indoor tennis court. It was good to get out and hit a little bit and I was breathing hard as all hell haha. The whole aspect of cardio by getting on a treadmill or elliptical is just too dull for me. All my cardio will be done by playing sports, hitting the heavy bag with punches/kicks, or swimming indoors over the winter. I will get a little more in depth with the workout posts but at least I got somewhat of an update going. Still using full doses of mvp365 and Zmk, still taking spirulina powder daily, and over the last 2 days I have added in Cordygen Nan02 powder

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Good work. Ever considered Paleo?

Nan02 is pretty decent. Hits a lot faster

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Good work. Ever considered Paleo?

Nan02 is pretty decent. Hits a lot faster
yeah I dig nan02 a lot so far. My fav is still cre-02 (which will come later in the log), but nan02 has served me well haha. I thought about going paleo many times but with my line of work it would be nearly impossible. I am a chef and it's important that I can sample anything I make before it hits the floor. Since most items that I make from scratch will not be bread or fried, I can easily drop those two out.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Definitely one of the top two "endurance" products I have ever used!

~Rosie~
thanks :), I have always been a huge fan. Cre-02 will be coming into the log pretty soon, probably Weds/Thurs of this week. My son is getting his tonsils out on Wednesday so to calm my nerves i'll probably do 4,000 or so squats/lunges at the hospital, haha

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Put me down for Cre02 being favorite MST supp. I'll never go without it again.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Put me down for Cre02 being favorite MST supp. I'll never go without it again.
right? It's totally worth every swallow, haha.

I have been an alien to this thread, I gotta get some updates going. I've actually had some good workouts lately and things are looking up :)

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
right? It's totally worth every swallow, haha.

I have been an alien to this thread, I gotta get some updates going. I've actually had some good workouts lately and things are looking up :)
As long as you're moving forward that's all that matters!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
As long as you're moving forward that's all that matters!
yeah its been good! Unfortunately I missed my session today, but I may try and get some work in once i'm home if i'm not too beat. My dumb a$$ van has some fun smoke escaping the hood and the car smells of anti-freeze, so I didn't want to drive out to the gym before work

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
yeah its been good! Unfortunately I missed my session today, but I may try and get some work in once i'm home if i'm not too beat. My dumb a$$ van has some fun smoke escaping the hood and the car smells of anti-freeze, so I didn't want to drive out to the gym before work
Stop hot boxing in your van and get your butt to the gym!! :redeemerwhore:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Stop hot boxing in your van and get your butt to the gym!! :redeemerwhore:
haha ended up being some tubes needed to be replaced....a sweet $180 or so right out the door.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
haha ended up being some tubes needed to be replaced....a sweet $180 or so right out the door.
Not bad. Could have been worse. Now you just gotta find a way to write that off :D.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Not bad. Could have been worse. Now you just gotta find a way to write that off :D.
I will take my frustration out on the steel ;). Good bodyweight workout with some 3 min rounds doing some shadow kickboxing so to speak last night. Hitting the gym today in about 45 minutes...hyped!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will take my frustration out on the steel ;). Good bodyweight workout with some 3 min rounds doing some shadow kickboxing so to speak last night. Hitting the gym today in about 45 minutes...hyped!
Nice :) How did it go?

~Rosie~

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
oooooooooooooookay so let's start with Tuesday. In had my "half day" at work since I work 6 days a week and one of them is around 5 hours instead of the 10-12 hours the other 5 are. Since I was out of work at 2pm I went right to the gym which is only a few blocks away which helps also. About 35 mins pre workout I took 4 Cre-02 and 4 Nitroceps Elite. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Cre-02 ;)? I got 18 sets in which felt great. I have been out of the gym for a while so that was a longer day for me lately, haha. I did an upper body circuit that consisted of Seated chest press, overhead press, seated row's, chest flyes, triceps extension, and seated biceps curls.

The protocol I plan to follow in the beginning until my strength and endurance are back up to par is to go from lighter sets with more reps and taper to heavier weight with less reps (ie - 12 reps x 150, 10 reps x 160, 8 reps x 175) and to basically just endure what I can for the most part. I will eventually also work in one of the big 3 on whatever days they apply. Starting next week I plan to go to the gym on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays with Monday and Thursday focusing on the upper half of my body (chest, upper back, shoulders, traps, tri's, bi's) and Tuesday and Friday focusing on my lower half (hamstrings, quads, calves, abs, trunk/core).

Here is the shake I drank when I got home, and it was AWESOME haha

chocolate protein (whey, casein, egg mix)
coconut milk
ice
peanut butter
uncooked oats
banana
chia seeds
goji berries
flax seed
spirulina powder

That's all for Tuesday...Wednesday's session is next :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Wednesday was another good session. Wednesday was my one day off this week so after we dropped the oldest at her school and the twins at pre school, it was off to the gym! The most unfortunate part of the day is my headphones somehow broke so I couldn't plug into the ipod for the session. I honestly feel like having some music in my ears helps me push through certain lifts better.

So since I did my uppers on Tuesday I wanted to work lower on Wednesday. I didn't get to hit my lower back like I wanted to, but I worked my legs over pretty well. The injury that kept me away for a while was a recurring hamstring injury from baseball, so I need to take my time and be cautious and patient with my leg workouts unfortunately. Just a few years back I would destroy my legs and leave the gym crying and smiling at the same time, haha. Having to take it slow on the wheels is depressing, but it's a part of life at this point.

I got a good 14 sets in before starting to feel some uncomfortable pressure and deciding to call it a day. I did some hack squats, dumbbell lunges, downward leg extensions, upward leg extensions, and I wanted to hit the seated leg press but that's when the tension began. I will work on upping the workload a bit more on my next lower body session.

I am taking today (Thursday) as a "rest" day even though i'm working 10 hours on my feet, haha. Tomorrow I will get a session in, and potentially saturday as well and then Monday starts the basis for the new routine.

Oh! I took 4 Cre-02 and 4 Nitroceps Elite again as well as the daily Mvp 365 and ZMK supplementation. I did not get a dose of spirulina in unfortunately. Once my strength and endurance is back up I am planning on adding in either Agmatine Elite or Carnage Elite to the dosing as well. In my early stages here I don't really see a point in going crazy when I can get some gains with some basic supplementation considering how long i've been nursing this stupid leg

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Good job taking your life back, Deuce. You guys need to make an MST 'Elite' mega-bundle. The types of delivery systems used in each different product is ingenious.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Good job taking your life back, Deuce. You guys need to make an MST 'Elite' mega-bundle. The types of delivery systems used in each different product is ingenious.
thanks FOG! And thanks to drawing attention to my god awful updating ability, haha....I gotta get some updates in here stat.

What I can say unfortunately, is that for last week there won't be any updates. I spent 6 days with a stomach flu...I believe viral enteroritis or something like that is what they called it. I could barely move unless it was to hyena sprint to the bathroom. It was...awful. I've never been so sick in my life.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I can say unfortunately, is that for last week there won't be any updates. I spent 6 days with a stomach flu...I believe viral enteroritis or something like that is what they called it. I could barely move unless it was to hyena sprint to the bathroom. It was...awful. I've never been so sick in my life.
No fun :( (Was sick as a dog this week myself and trained today - first "real" time since Monday). Hope you feel better soon, Chuck!

~Rosie~

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
No fun :( (Was sick as a dog this week myself and trained today - first "real" time since Monday). Hope you feel better soon, Chuck!

~Rosie~
Thanks Rosie! I'm feeling much better now, i'll be back in the gym for sure tomorrow morning. I've had way too many setbacks on this already, whether i'm 100% or not remains to be seen, but I just have to power through a session or two regardless

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Rosie! I'm feeling much better now, i'll be back in the gym for sure tomorrow morning. I've had way too many setbacks on this already, whether i'm 100% or not remains to be seen, but I just have to power through a session or two regardless
i suggest 2+hours on the tennis court!!!

i understand where you are coming from, some days it's like there just aren't enough hours in the day, other days it seems like there are far too many, lol...

hang in there, chuck...things will come together!!!

btw-how did things work out with your son?

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
i suggest 2+hours on the tennis court!!!

i understand where you are coming from, some days it's like there just aren't enough hours in the day, other days it seems like there are far too many, lol...

hang in there, chuck...things will come together!!!

btw-how did things work out with your son?
Thanks Man...and you read my mind actually. I've rented an hour of court time this wednesday morning with a buddy of mine so that will help drastically!

Thanks for asking about Aiden...he is doing well. It was tough for the first week or so of "recovery" and he was upset the first night that I had to leave the hospital to take care of the other kids instead of stay with him, but he bounced back well. Now he isn't taking naps anymore and he's sleeping through the night for the most part. It was almost scary the first few days...he is sleeping so much more quietly now we were checking to make sure he was alright, haha

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Man...and you read my mind actually. I've rented an hour of court time this wednesday morning with a buddy of mine so that will help drastically!

Thanks for asking about Aiden...he is doing well. It was tough for the first week or so of "recovery" and he was upset the first night that I had to leave the hospital to take care of the other kids instead of stay with him, but he bounced back well. Now he isn't taking naps anymore and he's sleeping through the night for the most part. It was almost scary the first few days...he is sleeping so much more quietly now we were checking to make sure he was alright, haha
tennis has always been a good thing for me, not only the exercise but it helps relieve stress and tae my mind off things, glad you are getting some court time in!!!

very good news about your son, very happy to hear he is doing well....i always have empathy for parents of sick children, i remember what my wife and i went thru when ours were sick...fortunately our kids and us survived their childhoods, lol.

family 1st!!!!!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
tennis has always been a good thing for me, not only the exercise but it helps relieve stress and tae my mind off things, glad you are getting some court time in!!!

very good news about your son, very happy to hear he is doing well....i always have empathy for parents of sick children, i remember what my wife and i went thru when ours were sick...fortunately our kids and us survived their childhoods, lol.

family 1st!!!!!
yeah i'm a miserable bastard when the kids are sick haha. I feel so awful for them and I know aside from getting them a drink or a pillow there isn't much I can do. Such a crappy feeling.

Tennis was awesome...I surprisingly hit really well, even dropped a good percentage of serves. I am wayyyyy out of shape and am not covering nearly enough court to present a real threat to most anyone who is even half decent...but we all have to start somewhere :)

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
sub a dub dub! :) Hows the spirulina powder going down? I've never tasted anything so rough in my life!

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
sub a dub dub! :) Hows the spirulina powder going down? I've never tasted anything so rough in my life!
ugh it's awful. Actually...the taste comes in 2nd place to me...it's the smell that really gets me sad haha. I open the container and die a little each time, haha

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Ugh, another long time between updates. Just wanted to jump in and give a quick one. This past monday I went for a swim at the Y...probably did around 12-14 laps and then soaked in the hot tub for 20 mins or so, haha. That night I went home and worked with the 16kg kettlebells a bit. Mostly long cycle but did some swings and some snatch also. Took yesterday off to rest my old bones, haha...and then today hit the KB's again. Not too much of a session but enough to get my muscles responding and my heart rate going real good.

I've decided that next year i'm taking the family to the Arnold Classic and I plan to compete in the IUKL/AKA pan american classic Kettlebell tournament there. I will probably do long cycle since that's the toughest to train for, and I will probably go all in and try to compete with two 32kg bells. We'll see how the progress goes, but I have near a year to get where I need to be, and I feel very confident!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ugh, another long time between updates. Just wanted to jump in and give a quick one. This past monday I went for a swim at the Y...probably did around 12-14 laps and then soaked in the hot tub for 20 mins or so, haha. That night I went home and worked with the 16kg kettlebells a bit. Mostly long cycle but did some swings and some snatch also. Took yesterday off to rest my old bones, haha...and then today hit the KB's again. Not too much of a session but enough to get my muscles responding and my heart rate going real good.

I've decided that next year i'm taking the family to the Arnold Classic and I plan to compete in the IUKL/AKA pan american classic Kettlebell tournament there. I will probably do long cycle since that's the toughest to train for, and I will probably go all in and try to compete with two 32kg bells. We'll see how the progress goes, but I have near a year to get where I need to be, and I feel very confident!
you have been doing kettleballs for a long time, hope you do well!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Goals Set! Let's Go! :)

~Rosie~

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Goals Set! Let's Go! :)

~Rosie~
absolutely :). I've been doing well, just sucking at updating haha

swimming a lot at the local ymca and i've been at it with the bells of course. now that the weather has broken i'll add in a few times playing tennis each week with more weights. I can't stand typical cardio...swimming laps, playing tennis, playing baseball..etc is such a better way for me to get that side of it in

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

swimming a lot at the local ymca and i've been at it with the bells of course. now that the weather has broken i'll add in a few times playing tennis each week with more weights. I can't stand typical cardio...swimming laps, playing tennis, playing baseball..etc is such a better way for me to get that side of it in
I know how life can get "in the way" re updating LOL.

Yeah, not a fan of cardio either - now that the weather's nicer I'll get out running more. Today will get out for a hike or something - enjoy your weekend, Chuck!

~Rosie~

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i use typical cardio to help improve my tennis....i hate being winded costing me points on the court!!!

french is coming up...joker looks good, but nadal is not going down easy...imo, once joker takes french from nadal he could have a chance at taking the whole grand slam package for the year!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
... I've been doing well, just sucking at updating haha...
Been a few months since update and know likely reviving "old" thread, but how has the last half-year been, Chuck?

~Rosie~