DJBeanPole Gets DILATEd & RITUALized by ANS PERFORMANCE!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello all my fellow AMers! Welcome to what I hope to be yet another EPIC daily video log this time sponsored by the fine folks over at ANS PERFORMANCE! Special thanks and shoutouts to both JudgementDay & southpaw23 for allowing me the opportunity to provide you guys and the company some video feedback! LET'S GET TO IT!

BbU_xE9CIAAY0Bo.jpg

Many of you know me but we might have some new people that aren't accustom to my logs so I'll tell you a little about myself!

STATS

Height: 6'9" (not a typo)
Weight: 254lbs
Training: Just finished Cycle 10 of my 5/3/1 training. This log will begin with Cycle 11.

HISTORY OF MY MAXES

BENCH: 320 (currently at 300)
DEADLIFT: 500 (curent)
SQUAT: 365 (current)
OHP: 185 (current)

GOALS

The biggest goal I'm out to meet is to exceed or at least equal my benchpress max. I haven't lifted more than 300 in quite some time and I'm ready to see if I can snap that record like I've done with all my other lifts. Hoping for PRs on a daily, and pushes my current maxes beyond what they are set at now!

THE PRODUCTS

ritual_large.jpg

ANS Performance Ritual: Strongest & Most Complete Pre-Workout Formula Ever Developed!

A great workout starts begins with proper preparation. Your diet, your mindset and energy levels all play a role in the success of your training. What you take as a pre-workout supplement can often make or break your performance.

Imagine a product that could help you exceed previous boundaries; provide you unmatched energy, stamina and focus to elevate your game to you highest potential. Imagine a product that could replicate the unstoppable and indestructible feeling you had at 18. Imagine a product that delivered cutting-edge science at clinical doses and wasn't loaded with sugar, fillers or made you crash.

Now stop imagining, you've just found it. This is Your New Pre-Workout RITUAL.

• Incredible Rush of Energy, Focus & Strength
  • Skin-Splitting Muscle Pumps & Vascularity
  • Enhanced Endurance and Performance
  • Amplifies Workout Power Output
  • Maximum Absorption with AstraGin™
  • Ritual Ingredient Science
The CORE SIX

• Beta-Alanine: A non-essential amino acid, beta-alanine combines with the amino acid histidine to form carnosine. In muscle cells carnosine buffers against the hydronium ions and lactic acid which form during exercise and can lead to muscle fatigue. Supplementation with beta-alanine can improve strength, endurance and enhance recovery. Each scoop of RITUAL™ contains 1.6g of beta-alanine.
  • Citrulline: The 'pump' amino acid, L-Citrulline has been clinically researched to enhance nitric oxide levels better than arginine. Studies suggest that citrulline increases the rate of ATP synthesis during exercise and greater phosphocreatine recovery after exercise. Citrulline also reduces lactic acid and ammonia levels, which leads to better muscle performance and increased endurance.
  • Creapure®: The purest available Creatine monohydrate. Creatine is critical to the energy replenishment cycle of muscle. Regular use of creatine can enhance power, endurance and energy levels while exercising allowing you to train harder longer and amplify results.
  • Trimethylglycine: Also known as betaine anhydrous, this amino acid analogue helps reduce homocysteine levels in the body and stimulates production of creatine in muscle cells. TMG can act as a methyl donor and prevent dehydration of cells. As a supplement TMG can also amplify power output and training volume.
  • AgmaPure™: This patented form of 'green' agmatine sulfate is not chemically synthesized, rather derived by fermentation, making it the highest purity material available. Agmatine has several functions in the body including: amplifying nitric oxide production, stimulating the release of catecholamines, increasing GnRH levels and even potentially testosterone levels.
  • Xanthaurine: The active ingredient from Styphnolobium japonicum is an incredibly potent antioxidant. Its effects have been extensively studied for the promotion of enhanced endurance. Less known however is its powerful ability to amplify nitric oxide levels 300% acutely after ingestion, making it core to the 'pump' properties of RITUAL™.
The PERFORMANCE PROTOCOL

• N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine: the highly soluble form of the amino acid L-Tyrosine, and an important precursor in the production of epinephrine, dopamine and norepinephrine. These hormones contribute to elevated energy, mood and mental alertness.
  • DN1000™: This trademarked form of Dendrobium nobile extract is concentrated 1000%. Traditionally dendrobium is used for its antioxidant and immunomodulatory properties, and has been studied for its ability to enhance the body's response to disease.
  • Caffeine: Caffeine is a powerful mental stimulant. It combats fatigue and can promote increase alertness and energy levels.
  • PEA (Phenylethylamine): PEA is a monoamine alkaloid that can improved mood, mental acuity, energy and focus. Although relatively short-lived, when combined with and MAO inhibitor, the effects can be prolonged.
  • Hordenine: This stimulant doubles as a potent MAO inhibitor and promotes the extended effects of monoamine compoounds.
  • Higenamine (Norcoclaurine): Naturally occuring in plants like Nelumbo nucifera, higenamine (or norcoclaurine) is a powerful bioactive alkaloid that acts as a beta-adrenergic receptor agonist, and can trigger an elevated thermogenic and anabolic response.
  • AstraGin™: This patented combination of Astralagus and Panax notoginseng amplifies the absorption of amino acids and vitamins. This maximizes the impact of the full-dosed RITUAL™ formulation.
dilate_large.jpg

ANS Performance Dilate: Nitric Oxide Maximizer!

Amplifies plasma nitric oxide levels and increases muscle cell volume to give you rock-hard pumps that last!
  • Delivers Incredible Skin-Splitting Muscle Pumps
  • Maximizes Nitric Oxide Production
  • Enhances Plasma Volume & Maximizes Vasodilation
  • Increases Uptake of Critical Nutrients
  • Increases Vascularity
  • Prolongs Endurance for All Physical Activity
  • Enhances Muscle Cell Hydration & Size
  • Increases Sexual Performance
Real Powerful Ingredients

Liquid Glycerin (pharmaceutical grade)
Acts an osmotic agent and pulls water into plasma and cells. Promotes muscle fullness and prevents dehydration at a cellular level, thereby enhancing cellular endurance and preventing fatigue. This is not the same ingredient as glycerol monostearate – where glycerin is bound to the fatty acid stearic acid – this is the ultra-pure, highly soluble form that also functions as a carrier of the remainder of the ingredient system partitioning the ingredients directly into plasma and muscle cells.

Citrulline Malate
This powerful ingredient provides multiple benefits. It improves both aerobic and anaerobic performance capacity by influencing lactic acid metabolism and reducing fatigue. Citrulline also increases plasma arginine levels more effectively than arginine itself – thereby providing the key substrate for nitric oxide generation via nitric oxide synthase (NOS).

Quercetin
A potent antioxidant, with numerous studies demonstrating improved athletic performance, endurance, VO2 max as well as rapid nitric oxide production; quercetin has been clinically validated to increase baseline nitric oxide levels by 300% with a 200mg dose within 30 minutes of administration.

Beta vulgaris extract
Our custom extract of beet root, delivers enhanced levels of naturally occurring nitrates. Beet root juice has been extensively studied for its endurance enhancing properties due to nitrate content, which converts to nitric oxide in the body.

Yohimbe bark extract
The alkaloids found in yohimbe bark can act as natural aphrodisiacs, improving mood and focus. But they also increase blood flow augmenting the effects of DILATE, at the same time as increasing energy production and potentially aiding fat loss.

Vinpocetine
A true blood vessel 'dilator', vinpocetine acts primarily in the brain, increasing blood flow, improving oxygen utilization and strengthening the mind-muscle connection while you work out.

Vitamin C
Vitamin C acts as a potent radical scavenging antioxidant, preventing nitrate tolerance. It also greatly enhances NOS activity, therefore increasing the rate of nitric oxide production.

B Vitamins
The B vitamins enhance the body's natural metabolism, cellular energy generation and DNA repair.

All writeups and images taken from Nutraplanet

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RESERVED: FOR FINAL REVIEW

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Height: 6'9" (not a typo)
Hmm think we need to see you stand next to my girlfriends mom, who is 4'10 lol

Most detailed logs ever, goes to DJ!

Most entertaining to follow, goes to DJ!

I am ready :D

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 1: BACK

[video=youtube_share;p_060NHcOPg]http://youtu.be/p_060NHcOPg[/video]

5/3/1
CYCLE: 10
DAY: DEADLIFT, 5/3/1
PRE: 2 scoops Ritual & 4 pills Dilate 30 mins prior

DEADLIFT
170x5 (wu)
215x5 (wu)
255x3 (wu)
320x5
365x3
405x7

FRONT SQUAT
150x5
170x5
195x5

LYING LEG CURL
130x10,10 chest up
135x10
150x10
170x9

LEG EXTENSION
160x10
180x10
200x10
210x10
220x10

- DJ

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ForumRunner_20131221_140643.png

Day 2 video coming soon... :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you ever take a stim break?
What's that? Lol.

And yea I do.

From the last time i took one until the next time i workout ;)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In all seriousness I do. I just took one about 3 months ago and I'll do so again closer to summer.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In all seriousness I do. I just took one about 3 months ago and I'll do so again closer to summer.
That sucks. My doc thought I was possibly tachycardic so I had to take a 2-week stim break. It was brutal. Since though, I've just limited it to prewo stims only.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sucks. My doc thought I was possibly tachycardic so I had to take a 2-week stim break. It was brutal. Since though, I've just limited it to prewo stims only.
What... that is sucks I have to take a break? LOL yea I'd rather not but I find myself (especially towards the end of an EC stack) getting really sleepy before my next dose and I get to the point where its time to take a break and scrub the adrenals clean. I don't get any tachycardia taking EC or my stimmed pre's unless I'm doing real heavy weight at 5+ reps which does happen on occasion. Otherwise when I'm resting I have a heartrate in the 50s so I'm happy with that :)

Sean powerliftingwatch doesn't have any meets in Indiana at all through March. DAFUQ?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What... that is sucks I have to take a break? LOL yea I'd rather not but I find myself (especially towards the end of an EC stack) getting really sleepy before my next dose and I get to the point where its time to take a break and scrub the adrenals clean. I don't get any tachycardia taking EC or my stimmed pre's unless I'm doing real heavy weight at 5+ reps which does happen on occasion. Otherwise when I'm resting I have a heartrate in the 50s so I'm happy with that :) Sean powerliftingwatch doesn't have any meets in Indiana at all through March. DAFUQ?
Military docs are retarded and thought my 95bpm was tachycardic. Cardiologist said I'm good, that it's naturally high, so be cognitive of it when taking stimulants.

Like I care..

http://www.nasa-sports.com/Entry Forms/Entry Indiana_St.htm

I believe NASA is a drug free fed, so at least you won't be up against any obnoxious totals. Plus, that meet date would give you good prep time.

That's all I could find. by searching "Indiana powerlifting" You'd probably be better off driving to Ohio as there might be more options. There aren't anymore in my state for quite some time either. I'll have to travel to 2 other states.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 2: SHOULDERS

[video=youtube_share;cg2vCHBgFvU]http://youtu.be/cg2vCHBgFvU[/video]

5/3/1
CYCLE: 11
DAY: OHP, 3x5
PRE: 2.5 scoops RITUAL & 6 caps DILATE 30 mins prior

OVERHEAD PRESS
65x5 (wu)
80x5 (wu)
95x3 (wu)
105x5
120x5
135x10

CLOSE GRIP BENCHPRESS
120x10
145x10
165x10

PENDLAY ROW
165x10,10,10,10,10

BARBELL SHRUGS
275x10
295x10
315x10
325x10 (strapped)
335x10 (strapped)
225x20

SKULLCRUSHERS
100x8
90x10,8
80x10,8

NO-ATTACHMENT PULLEY PUSHDOWN
15x10 both arms
10x12,12 both arms

- DJ

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Good job! I love OHP, I suck at it as I've never been nor will I be much of a presser but I absolutely love the movement. Saying that progress has been slow until this week when I've added 10lbs to be working sets! wtf I know lol

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A little late to the party but you're going to enjoy the combination of Ritual and Dilate. Ritual alone is a brilliantly dosed preworkout, coupled with Dilate, the pumps are off the charts!

As far as stim breaks, mine usually last around 24 hours. =)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great videos DJ - glad you're enjoying the combo :)
Yea especially after Day 2 holy cow! it was like Day 1 was just some other preworkout! ;)

Another SICK vlog!
Yessir! Plan on them all being like that!

Good job! I love OHP, I suck at it as I've never been nor will I be much of a presser but I absolutely love the movement. Saying that progress has been slow until this week when I've added 10lbs to be working sets! wtf I know lol
Yea I haven't done 135 in awhile and was surprised to get 10. Felt great and looks even better in the Ritual shirt haha

A little late to the party but you're going to enjoy the combination of Ritual and Dilate. Ritual alone is a brilliantly dosed preworkout, coupled with Dilate, the pumps are off the charts!

As far as stim breaks, mine usually last around 24 hours. =)
Pumps were fantastic! I just noticed watching the video myself that my arms are all engorged as I go to reach for the camera when I was done doing OHP. Felt greaaaaat.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ritual alone gives good pumps, both those products combined would give some crazy veins no doubt!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope everyone is enjoying/having a great holiday! I'm at work right now but once I get out tonight I don't come back until Tuesday!

The only thing that sucks about this is I have to go and visit with family the next few days so I'll be out of the gym until Friday!

But stay tuned... I'm switching my training program up and moving out of 5/3/1 for awhile. Looking forward to it and can't wait!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOUBLE POSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope everyone is enjoying/having a great holiday! I'm at work right now but once I get out tonight I don't come back until Tuesday!

The only thing that sucks about this is I have to go and visit with family the next few days so I'll be out of the gym until Friday!

But stay tuned... I'm switching my training program up and moving out of 5/3/1 for awhile. Looking forward to it and can't wait!
Happy Holidays brother and best wishes to the fam. Great log so far!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Happy Holidays brother and best wishes to the fam. Great log so far!
Thank you sir! Best wishes to you and yours also! I'm plugging in my #s into my new workout spreadsheet and its making me just want to leave work and go to the gym lol

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's the new training?
Sheiko #29 recommended to me by my powerlifting friend to break the monotony of 5/3/1. Might be using this to peak for that NASA competition you linked me to.

Just need to figure out how to size myself for a singlet lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sheiko #29 recommended to me by my powerlifting friend to break the monotony of 5/3/1. Might be using this to peak for that NASA competition you linked me to. Just need to figure out how to size myself for a singlet lol
Sounds good dude.

lol ya you're tall...

email APT or house of pain about it maybe

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds good dude.

lol ya you're tall...

email APT or house of pain about it maybe
Yea I'm a pretty tall dude lol. Think I shock a lot of people at the gym with some of my lifts/below parallel squats! Yea I'll have to check into those guys you mentioned.

Thanks for lighting the fire underneath me to get my ass onto the platform!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea I'm a pretty tall dude lol. Think I shock a lot of people at the gym with some of my lifts/below parallel squats! Yea I'll have to check into those guys you mentioned. Thanks for lighting the fire underneath me to get my ass onto the platform!
You'll have fun dude! Lookin forward to your Shieko

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You'll have fun dude! Lookin forward to your Shieko
One of the things I can tell I'm gonna be looking forward to from setting it up is the amount of volume it brings in. I miss that in 5/3/1... granted 5/3/1 has gotten me stronger then I've been in the past. Gonna be strange not doing lat pulldowns, shrugs, or one arm rows!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of the things I can tell I'm gonna be looking forward to from setting it up is the amount of volume it brings in. I miss that in 5/3/1... granted 5/3/1 has gotten me stronger then I've been in the past. Gonna be strange not doing lat pulldowns, shrugs, or one arm rows!
5/3/1 is good because of it's simplicity but there's other programs out there (one of them being Shieko) A change up will be good for ya. Something new, ya know? Never done Shieko myself tho.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
5/3/1 is good because of it's simplicity but there's other programs out there (one of them being Shieko) A change up will be good for ya. Something new, ya know? Never done Shieko myself tho.
I was also interested in Juggernaut... perhaps after Sheiko. Gotta keep changing it up. Something about muscle confusion... Right, Tony Horton?

Tony_Horton_blog.jpg

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Merry Christmas to my favorite supp reviewer! :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Merry Christmas to my favorite supp reviewer! :)
Hey girl! Always in the shadows! Like a ninja! Glad to see you are still around (and still following :))! Merry Christmas to you as well!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Merry Christmas!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 3: BENCH/SQUAT

[video=youtube_share;w6owvAkpiwc]http://youtu.be/w6owvAkpiwc[/video]

SHEIKO #29: WEEK 1, DAY 1 (of 3)

BENCHPRESS
155x5
185x4
185x4
210x3
210x3
210x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3
225x3

SQUATS
185x5
225x5
225x5
255x5
255x5
255x5
255x5
255x5

BENCHPRESS
155x5
185x5
210x4
210x4
210x4
210x4

DB FLYS
40x10
42.5x10
45x10
45x10
45x10

GOOD MORNINGS
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x5

- DJ

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn man, that's a big routine change! Bench/Squats/Good mornings all on the same day would be killer!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn man, that's a big routine change! Bench/Squats/Good mornings all on the same day would be killer!
Yea wait until you see Day 2. Coming up soon.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 4: DEADLIFT VARIATIONS

[video=youtube_share;DUyB8D1myMU]http://youtu.be/DUyB8D1myMU[/video]

SHEIKO #29: WEEK 1, DAY 2

KNEE DEADS (deadlifting from ground to knees only)
250 x3
300 x3
300 x3
350 x3
350 x3
375 x3
375 x3
375 x3
375 x3

INCLINE BENCHPRESS
175 x6
175 x6
175 x6
175 x6

TRICEP DIPS
BW+45 x5
BW+55 x5
BW+70 x5
BW+70 x5
BW+70 x5

RACK PULLS (deadlift from knees to lockout)
275 x4
325 x4
375 x4
375 x4
425 x3
425 x3
425 x3
425 x3

LUNGES
95 x5
105 x5
115 x5
125 x5
135 x5

-DJ

braco1

braco1

Board Sponsor
Awards
This Scheiko workout is grueling....and a test for anyone's endurance. Great way to profile that aspect of Ritual. Glad you're enjoying it.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 4: DEADLIFT VARIATIONS

[video=youtube_share;DUyB8D1myMU]http://youtu.be/DUyB8D1myMU[/video]

SHEIKO #29: WEEK 1, DAY 2

KNEE DEADS (deadlifting from ground to knees only)
250 x3
300 x3
300 x3
350 x3
350 x3
375 x3
375 x3
375 x3
375 x3

INCLINE BENCHPRESS
175 x6
175 x6
175 x6
175 x6

TRICEP DIPS
BW+45 x5
BW+55 x5
BW+70 x5
BW+70 x5
BW+70 x5

RACK PULLS (deadlift from knees to lockout)
275 x4
325 x4
375 x4
375 x4
425 x3
425 x3
425 x3
425 x3

LUNGES
95 x5
105 x5
115 x5
125 x5
135 x5

-DJ

Agreed these workouts look grueling. Gotta love that Ritual focus, I honestly hate how some pre-workout would get be rushed out for like 20-30min and than it's gone with a bad crash post-workout. Kinda happy they got rid of the 1'3 dime in all these products.

Can't wait to see how Ritual keeps going for you, the effect of beta-alanine should keep bringing up the endurance week after week, plus the routine change, I bet your in for some amazing results :D

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have catching up to do, but here I am.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed these workouts look grueling. Gotta love that Ritual focus, I honestly hate how some pre-workout would get be rushed out for like 20-30min and than it's gone with a bad crash post-workout. Kinda happy they got rid of the 1'3 dime in all these products.

Can't wait to see how Ritual keeps going for you, the effect of beta-alanine should keep bringing up the endurance week after week, plus the routine change, I bet your in for some amazing results :D
I hope so! The future workouts look gruelling but they are just the change I needed and I'm loving it so far!

I'm sore in the strangest places today. Lower back was expected but I'm surprised I have sore traps/lats and no sore chest? Odd! I blame the rack pulls! Brutal!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope so! The future workouts look gruelling but they are just the change I needed and I'm loving it so far!

I'm sore in the strangest places today. Lower back was expected but I'm surprised I have sore traps/lats and no sore chest? Odd! I blame the rack pulls! Brutal!
Activating new muscle growth :D