mountainman's recipe stack log (sponsered)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hello to all joining me on this journey.

This will officially be my first PH ever. I'm quite exicted about this stack, and a big THANK YOU goes out to harbonah for this oppotunity. And a second thank you goes out to McCrew for making me look like a chump on weights. Thanks a lot big guy. :nana:

Stats:

35 yrs. old
6' 1"
Currently 201 lbs.
~14 BF.

Weight Maxes:
Bench 225 x 3
Squat 245 x 5
DL 355 x 1
OHP 145 x 2
I'm a home gym guy with a decent amout of equipment that my wife and I have collected over the years so I'm able to do most exercises and all body parts. Only problem is that I don't have a workout partner to spot me so I don't know as I'll ever really know what my true 1RM are for some exercises, hence more than 1 rep on some.

Supps:
This Stack - Forerunner Labs AlphaMass, AMS 4-AD, AMS Decavol
I'll be running the 4-AD and Deca as directed, 2x/day 8 hours apart, generally 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. The alpha I'll be taking 2 caps 2x/day with the other 2 at 7 and 3 for first week, to test the waters since I've only ever run test boosters. The plan is to bump the dose to 3 caps the 2nd week.

Fish Oil 1200 mgs. 2x/day
Lecheek Cycle Armor 2x/day
DIM 50 mgs. 2x/day
Multivitamin 2x/day
Calcium/Magnesium with VD3 2x/day
PWO - N.O. Shotgun w/ 2 g. Kre-Alkalyn added, and 3/4 scoop Bodytech Whey

Nutrition:
Post workout = Muscle Milk ~60g + 40 grams added carbs and 1 scoop Bodytech BCAAs
Bedtime shake = Dymatize Elite XT Fudge Brownie. If you haven't tried this since they came out with an improved taste I recommend you give it a shot. Great ingrediant profile for the $.
During the day I shoot for 200 - 250 g. of protein. There is a discount store in my town that gets supplements donated weekly among other things and they seem to have a steady stream of EAS RTD's and protein bars. And it appears I'm the only person in the area that seems to care about these types of products, so lucky me. Carbs are usually anywhere between 300 - 400 depending on the day and whether I'm making dinner or my wife is. She tends to favor more carb heavy meals where as I favor more protein heavy meals. I eat 6 - 7 times a day on training days, and average 3500 calories. I try to vary my protein profile with multiple meat sources, dairy, nuts, and whey. I also drink about 80 - 90 ozs. of water a day.

Goals:
Having run test boosters with some results, being 35 and on the down slope of natural production, I'm looking forward to serious strength gains. I'm hanging onto a bit of an almost middle age guy belly that resulted from a desk job for a couple of years that didn't allow me to workout and just sit on my but 10-11 hours a day. I'm definitely looking for strength gains, but also an overall recomp. My wife and I flying to Aruba for a friends destination wedding, so I want to be the "that guy" on the beach, so leaning out is a huge part of this for me. I would also like to increase my athletic ability. I play competitive volleyball almost year round, almost at the same level as in college, but I would love to get a little extra edge on the court.

Training:
I have been an avid lifter since freshman year in college with an unfortunate hiatus during the desk job years that set me back a little further than I would have liked. I broke my ankle last September as well which does dictate my leg days from time to time, as does my patellar tendonitis, but I'm still able to train hard. I'm a little old school and train with a "true" P/P/L routine, except for legs:

Chest and Traps
Quads and Calves
Lats and Shoulders
Hams and Calves

Working antagonistic muscles is what really help put on my size in college so I've been running some variation on that since then. I was 5'11" @ 148 lbs. my freshman year btw. I generally lift for strength at 5-6 reps max with a "hypertrophy" once every 2 weeks where I max out at 10 reps.

I'm havnig issues getting before pictures up, but I'll get them up soon as I can.

Thank you for following along.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Followed tracking info and saw that my stack was out for delivery. Christmas just came early! My kids were when I came I sprinted down my driveway to the mailbox and pulled out that beautiful brown box. Had to open it right out on the road, and all I can say in the immortal words of John Maclean, "Yippee cay yay MF'ers". Got back in the house and immediately took my first dose. Those little white tabs from AMS are damn tasty. A little less self control and I may have chewed up a whole bottle for a snack, and some seriously fresh breath. About an hour after dosing I start to notice a bit of a euphoric feeling. Almost like some one could kick my dog and I wouldn't mind a whole lot. Weird I know, but it's how I felt. I chugged my PWO and headed out to the gym while the kids were snoozing away. Almost for the baby monitor I was so excited to get to work running this stack.

It was lats and shoulders and my routine was as follows:

Meadow Rows/DB Shoulder Press/ Shuttle runs with 10 lb. weights, 1 min. rest

50 x 15 / 45 x 12
65 x 11 / 55 x 8
70 x 10 / 55 x 8
80 x 8 / 55 x 7

Anyone who has never done Meadow rows should ABSOLUTELY try them. I've done all kinds of variations of rows with all kinds of grips, and these are my new favorite by far. Not only is the range of motion increased, but the angular motion seams almost designed for lat work. My lats are on fire, and PUMPED. The only thing to watch for is making sure your line up angle is the same from side to side. I tried using a line on the floor between rubber floor mats and that helped keep me "symmetrical". Plus, Meadow rows help with forearm work since you're using the thick end of a bar. Good stuff.

Bent Over Underhand Grip Rows/Lateral Raises/Stairs 3 times up and down w/ 60 secs. rest

135 x 10 / 15 x 10
155 x 6 / 20 x 8
155 x 5 / 25 x 7
165 x 3, 205 x 2 / 25 x 6, 20 x 4

"Skier" Pull Downs/35# Plate Front raises w/ 30 secs. rest

55 x 12 / 35 x 12
65 x 12 / 35 x 10
75 x 10 / 35 x 8, 5 secs. rest, 2 more reps

My weights are up on the skier oull downs, def. something I attribute to the stack. And my back very much at capacity with blood. Lats seems to be pushing my arms out sideways.

Monster Set Time
Chin Ups/D Handle Straight Bar Pull Downs/Lateral Raises/Barbell Shoulder Press: 45 secs. rest
6 / 145 x 6 / 15 x 10 / 6 x 115
5 / 145 x 6 / 15 x 8 / 5 x 115
4 / 145 x 5 / 15 x 7 / 4 x 115

Torched, fried, cooked, beaten and bloodied after those monster sets, but my whole upper body is swollen and pumped beyond belief. Can't wait to see what this does for my legs.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
First in. Im glad im not the only one who felt that rush if you can believe it it actually gets better.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First in. Im glad im not the only one who felt that rush if you can believe it it actually gets better.
Thanks for tagging along.

Have you noticed any aggression or anything of the sort? I notice on test boosters I get mean. I'm concerned about that here.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards

Have you noticed any aggression or anything of the sort? I notice on test boosters I get mean. I'm concerned about that here.
For sure man!
I am not really an aggressive guy even when I ran test a couple of years ago I didnt feel any "rage". What I have felt is an increased "drive to slam out a couple of last reps.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Leg day and since it's colder than my mother-in-law outside and my home gym is above my unheated garage, I decided to make the somewhat long drive over to my wife's army base and use their gym. Man, heat is such a good thing when it's 8 degrees out.

Just a quick mention, PR on sqaut. :)

Squat/Machine Leg Press Calf Raises

Just a quick caveat on the leg press: the weights are set up on an "adjusted" weight scale like my press at home. 100# = 300#, 200# = 600#, etc. I'll be marking down the weights marked on the plates.

135 x 12 / *100* x 15
185 x 10 / *110* x 15
225 x 8 / *110* x 14
245 x 6 / *100* x 13
255 x 4 PR / *90* x 12
My previous PR on squat was 245 x 5. When I was able to get 6 I upped the ante and hit it hard. 255 x 4 felt pretty good. Strength increase: check. Bigger ego: check.

Leg extensions / Standing Dumbbell Calf Raises on block
70 x 12 / 70 x 24
80 x 10 / 70 x 21
90 x 10 / 70 x 19

Machine leg press / Machine Leg Press Calf Raises
*120* x 12 / *120* x 8, 30 seconds rest

Dumbbell Dead Lift / Standing Calf Raises, No Weight, For speed
65s x 10 / 32
70s x 10 / 30
75s x 8 / 28

I could have done more, and wanted to, but needed to get back to work since I was technically on my lunch hour.

Overall I am noticing more stamina and less need for rest in the gym. Strength is up, per my squat PR, can't wait to see what else has gone up. No real boost in libido yet, but then again I'm only on day 4 of dosage. The speed with which my gyn performance improved is impressive however. I'll be putting the athletic performance improvement to the test in January when volleyball starts again.

Tomorrow is chest day, giddy up!

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established

I get the same type of thing I am ADHD so I tend to be impulsive by nature 5htp is your friend on cycle if you feel you need something to keep you level it works great.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I get the same type of thing I am ADHD so I tend to be impulsive by nature 5htp is your friend on cycle if you feel you need something to keep you level it works great.
Thank you for the advice. I need to run to VS today so I'll grab some while I'm there. I'm sure my wife will appreciate that.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Chest and Traps day

After a solid Quad/calf day yesterday I was seriously looking forward to chest to see where I was going to measure up on increases. Drove to Army base again for my workout.

Warm ups were a bit easier, finishing with 12 reps at 145#.

Bench Press / Bent over Overhand Grip Rows
225 x 4 (PR) / 145 x 9
205 x 6 / 145 x 8
195 x 7 / 165 x 6

Feeling strong, and getting an extra rep at 225 was a confidence booster. The 2 subsequent sets felt easy after that.

20 Degree Incline DB Flys / Bent Over Reverse Flys, 45 secs. rest between sets
25 x 12 / 20 x 10
30 x 10 / 20 x 9
30 x 8 / 20 x 8

When I perform flys I make sure that at the top of every rep I keep the weights just outside of chest width for continuous tension, and I also squeeze my chest as hard as possible at the top, and this time around after the first 2 sets my chest felt pumped beyond belief. Thought chest hairs were going to start jumping ship from all the pressure.

33 Degree Incline DB Press / Bentover Overhand Grip DB Row
60s x 10 / 60s x 10
65s x 8 / 60s x 8
70s x 7 / 60s x 7

Due to my equipment limitations with my home gym I'm only able to get 60 lbs. on my dumbbells so getting to 70s certainly added a new stress my chest hasn't had in a while and the tired feeling at the end of my last set is a refreshing bonus. I normally would have done some type of work around at home.

Flat Bench DB Flys to Dips / Bentover Reverse Flys to DB Suitcase Rows

25s x 6 - 6 / 15s x5 - 60s x 6
25s x 6 - 6 / 15s x5 - 65s x 5
25s x 6 - 5 / 15s x5 - 65s x 5

Burnout: Bench Press / Low Overhand Wide Grip Cable Row
145 x 10 / 135 x 10

Even as I'm typing an hour later I can feel the fatigue in my chest and back, but it's a good feeling. I haven't had that in some time. With access to added equipment and increased weights I feel my progress will advance faster than just "home gyming" it. My pumps were ridiculous, and unfortunately my time is constrained when I go on my lunch hour, but I could most certainly have done more. The effectiveness of this stack in such a short period is apparent. Looking forward to more improvements as time goes on. Haven't kept track of my weight yet, but I didn't want to micro-manage that aspect of this process yet, given the short time so far, but I'll be tracking that starting the end of my 2nd week.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Solid work man I like the detail as well!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Solid work man I like the detail as well!
I was a personal trainer and Fitness Coordinator right out of college for 7 years. I had to detail just about everything for my clients and it transfered over to a lot of things I do now. Works well to convey info.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Woke this morning and weighed myself and I'm at 203 for the 2nd day in a row. Up 2 lbs. first week? We'll see if it stays steady. Tonight is Hams and calves and I'm looking forward to see what RDL's will bring for weight. I used to be able to rep out at 295 in college. Currently repping out at 245 so we'll see what heppens tonight. Small confenssion to make though. Had to get milk for the kids on the way home last night, and on the way to the register I walked by a cooler full of Ben and Jerry's. My taste buds beat the snot out of my will power and I broke down and bought a pint. It was half way gone before my will power got up off the mat. Have to make up THAT calorie burn some where......dammit.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hams and Calves

Strength is feeling up today. Hell bent on hammering some muscle today. After warming up on elliptical and stair master I warm up on some RDL's.

Leg Press Calf Raises / Romanian Dead Lift
*100* x 15 / 185 x 12
*110* x 15 / 205 x 10
*120* x 13 / 225 x 8
*120* x 13 / 225 x 8
*120* x 13 / 225 x 6

Started working Calves first about 2 years ago when I rethought my calf training. Exhausting Calves before heavy leg work is a great way to add to lower leg intensity.

Seated DB calf raises / Single Leg machine hamstring curls
205 x 18 / 30 x 12
205 x 16 / 30 x 10
205 x 15 / 30 x 9

Anyone who says knee flexion exercises are worthless and even counter productive are not very smart if your trying to get bigger and stronger. If we weren't supposed to do them then we would all walk stiff legged everywhere we went.

Leg Press Calf Raises / SLDL'S, narrow stance to DL wide stance
*100* x 20 / 155 x 6, x 5
*90* x 20 / 155 x 6, x 4
*80* x 19 / 155 x 5, x 4

BB Calf raises to Smith machine calf raises / Modified glute/ham raises
135 x 10 - 50 ES x 10 / 6
135 x 10 - 50 ES x 10 / 6
135 x 10 - 50 ES x 10 / 5

Overall a solid work out. No PR's this time but next time around I will attempt it on RDL's. Calves are seriously pumped up though. And I'm noticing I don't get write quite as frustrated or pissed off with dumb people as usual. I'm liking this side effect.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I'm a day behind, going to try and knock out to days in a row.

Lats and Shoulders

My hammies and calves are barking pretty good after yesterday.

After warming up I'm not feeling as strong as normal. Going to attribute that to my CSN being over taxed yesterday. Going to make it a higher rep day in that case.

DB Overhead Press / Neutral Grip Pull Ups

35 x 12 / 8
40 x 10 / 7
35 x 12 / 6
40 x 10 / 5

Struggling with the last 2 reps every set on OHP but going to really push hard to get thru.

Lateral Raises / Wide Grip Pull Downs

20 x 12 / *90* x 15
20 x 11 / *100* x 14
20 x 11 / *100* x 13
20 x 10 / *100* x 12

Skier Pull Downs / Plate Front Raises 30 secs. Rest
50 x 14 / 35 x 6 - 15# DB's x 6
50 x 13 / 35 x 5 - 15# DB's x 5
50 x 12 / 35 x 4 - 15# DB's x 5

Higher reps are certainly burning. Pumps are outrageous as well. Not going to be breaking any PR's today.

Burn out time with monster sets:

Overhead Rope Tricep Extensions / Lateral Raises / BB OHP to Pull Ups / Choose Grip Standing BB Curl / Bent Over Underhand Grip BB Row 3x Through 30 secs. Rest

45 x 6 / 15 x 6 / 85 x 6 - 4 / 40 x 8 / 125 x 5

This is a great way to torch your muscles for last ditch all out effort. My whole upper body is very fatigued and pumped up like crazy. Hopeful my CSN is prepared for tomorrow, quads and calves.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Man I am getting the same thing kill pumps but crazy sore the next day

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I find my soreness is from pushing harder than normal trying to take as much advantage of this stack as possible. I put bcaa's in all my shakes, as well as in my PWO. I found a couple of years ago it really helped keep my soreness down and shortened to duration. My only real issue now from real heavy or real intense workouts is if my CSN hasn't recuperated. I notice a real difference like above. Do you use bcaa's a lot?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Quads and Calves

Feeling strong again after warming up with deadlifts so I decided to run with those instead of squats today. Also partly because my patellar tendonitis is acting up a bit.

Smith Machine Calf Raises / Deadlifts
125 x 25 / 225 x 8
145 x 20 / 265 x 6
165 x 17 / 325 x 3
165 x 16 / 365 x 1 *PR*
155 x 15 / 365 x 1

Working sets seamed easy so I went for the heavy. My grip was a bit weak, bringing that weakness to light which I'll be working on, but I was able to get a nice stretch at the top. Only a slight struggle getting off the floor, but my form was solid throughout and getting 365 for 2 singles is another testament to how much stronger this stack has made me. I'll keep pushing hard.

Leg Press Machine Calf Raises / Rest Pause Leg Exstentions
*100* x 20 / 80 x 12/5/3
*110* x 20 / 90 x 10/5/5
*110* x 18 / 90 x 10/5/4

Smith Machine Drop Set Calf Raises / Machine Leg Press
135 x 10 - 95 x 10 / *120* x 20
135 x 10 - 95 x 10 / *120* x 20

Burn Out sets:

Smith Machine Calf Raises / Leg Extensions / Smith Machine Calf Raises / Power Cleans
135 x 10 / 90 x 6 / 135 x 10 / 135 x 6 - 30 secs. rest
135 x 10 / 90 x 6 / 135 x 10 / 135 x 6

Depending on how sore/if I'm sore after today, I will try and go heavier on a few exercises, but also try to knock out a few more sets. My legs are pretty tired, but not shaking. I'll be shooting for shaking legs next time around if the soreness is dull or non-existant.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Chest and Traps

I've been testing out the strength aspect of this stack, now I feel it's time to start testing out the endurance. I'm aware of my limits for sets and reps for certain exercises so I'm going to use those certainties to find out how well they're improved with this stack.

1-1/4 rep 30 degree incline Bench Press / Low Cable Wide Grip Rows, Overhand Grip
125 x "6" / 120 x 12
135 x "6" / 140 x 10
135 x "6" / 140 x 10
135 x "5" / 140 x 9
135 x "5" / 140 x 8

In the past on 1-1/4 incline benches I could maybe get 4 total sets, with 4 "reps" being my max on the 4th set. With the added set and increased rep count I know that muscular endurance had been enhanced through the use of this stack. I'll have to look into combining both strength and endurance before this stack is over to truly guage it's upper limits of effectiveness.

Incline DB Flys / Heavy - Lift a Bent Over Flys
25 x 12 / 25 - 15 x 4 - 8
30 x 12 / 25 - 15 x 4 - 8
30 x 11 / 25 - 15 x 3 - 7

Smith Machine Incline Press / BB Bent Over Rows, Overhand Grip
135 x 10 / 135 x 10
135 x 9 / 135 x 9
135 x 8 / 135 x 8

Burn out:
Machine Flys - Dips - Medicine Ball Push Ups / Slightly Bent Over Shrugs - Suitcase Rows
60 x 6 - 6 - 4 / 165 x 6 - 45s x 6
60 x 6 - 6 - 4 / 165 x 6 - 45s x 6
60 x 6 - 5 - 3 / 165 x 6 - 45s x 6

Overall, the added stamina is a great indicator of the effectiveness. I war able to obtain some insane pumps during the course of the workout, and some increased vascularity. The only thing I haven't seen yet is a change in body comp. It's still early into the stack though so not something I'm too concerned about.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Chest is sore today, but not as sore as I expected given the volume I attacked it with. Same goes for my traps. This stack is certainly proving to have it's advantages.

Hamstrings and Calves

Another high rep day.

BB Seated Calf Raises / Romanian Dead Lift "Complex"
135 x 20 / 135 x 12
135 x 20 / 135 x 10
135 x 20 / 135 x 10
135 x 20 / 135 x 8

With my higher rep days I'm trying to keep the time between excersises and sets as short as possible. Going straight from BB calf raises to RDL's was a natural for this.

Leg Press Calf Raises / Lying Cable Hamstring Curls
*100* x 20 / *35* x 12
*100* x 20 / *35* x 10
*100* x 20 / *30* x 10

I really focused on the contraction squeezed as hard as I could at the peak on every rep. My calves burned like a b@st@rd and my hamstrings felt like they were going to cramp up on me. Afterwards though the tired feeling was pretty rewarding.

I was running out of time before I had to get ready for work so I had to finish a little short on this workout.

Seated BB Calf Raises to Smith Machine Calf raises / SLDL's to Wide Stance DL (trying to work on grip strength for next heavy DL day)
185 x 10 - 145 - 10 / 185 x 5 - 185 x 5
185 x 9 - 145 - 9 / 185 x 5 - 185 x 4
185 x 8 - 145 - 8 / 185 x 4 - 185 x 4

203 lbs. on the scale this morning, well 203.5 is what it said. Coming up on the end of week 2 here quickly. Getting a bit disappointed at not seeing the weight gain that McCrew is seeing, but also keeping in mind that I'm not as large as he is, and that results are also very different from person to person. My diet has been pretty solid, even with the holiday temptations around. Trying hard to get as much of a recomp effect as possible. Aruba time is creeping up on me.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Don't be disappointed my man I'm eating A LOT, doing an all out bulk plus indulging in the surgery goodness that has been around. I'll be in cut phase here soon and meals like this will not be an option any more your workouts are super solid though.
And Im coming up on the half way point of week three. You should start to see some weight put on here soon :)

Attachments

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Oh man! That steak looks AWESOME!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Early day at work so when I got home my kids were napping and my wife headed out. Only had a short time for a work out.

Chest and Lats

Reverse Grip Bench Press / Neutral Grip Pull Ups, 30 secs. rest
95 x 12 / 8
115 x 12 / 8
115 x 12 / 8
115 x 10 / 6

If you've never done reverse grip bench, you HAVE to try it. I read about it a few years ago and thought it looked interesting but never really gave it a thought. When I read about it again the other day on AM I figured I'd give it shot next chest day. I'm sold. I've never felt my upper chest contract so heavily, and my it felt like my entire chest was squeezing with each rep. I had to work on grip width as my elbows hurry at too wide if a grip but one I got it the exercise itself was phenomenal.

Incline Flys / Skier Pull Downs, 30 secs. rest
25 x 10 / 40 x 10
25 x 10 / 40 x 10
25 x 10 / 40 x 10

Explosive Bench Press / Chin Ups, 30 secs. rest
135 x 10 / 6
135 x 9 / 6

Kids woke up at this point so had to cut things short, but knocked out a few sets of push ups with various hand placements to get in a little more. The short rest periods made for a serious pump, wasn't able to really up the weight but wad still a solid workout.

Try reverse grip bench if you haven't yet.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Those reverse grips are a great movement especially on incline. You don't look like s beast doing them but they feel great. They also work well with dumbbells

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Spent the whole day on the Patriots game yesterday as a xmas from the in laws. Early up, on the road for 5 hours, and tailgated for about 3 hours. If anyone saw the game they'd know the weather was absolute sh!t. Good game, but cold and wet, and when it got cold nothing but snow and ice which turned a 5 hour trip into an 8 hour trip. Being cooped up in the back seat at 6'1" with patellar tendinitis wasn't the best thing for my knees and they severely ache today. It was supposed to be quad and calf day but given the knee pain, not going to happen. I also have my kids today who woke me up after only 4 hours of sleep. Good thing I love them. When they go down for nap time we'll see if I'm able to stay awake myself and knock out a shoulder workout.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Spent the whole day on the Patriots game yesterday as a xmas from the in laws. Early up, on the road for 5 hours, and tailgated for about 3 hours. If anyone saw the game they'd know the weather was absolute sh!t. Good game, but cold and wet, and when it got cold nothing but snow and ice which turned a 5 hour trip into an 8 hour trip. Being cooped up in the back seat at 6'1" with patellar tendinitis wasn't the best thing for my knees and they severely ache today. It was supposed to be quad and calf day but given the knee pain, not going to happen. I also have my kids today who woke me up after only 4 hours of sleep. Good thing I love them. When they go down for nap time we'll see if I'm able to stay awake myself and knock out a shoulder workout.
Ya know even with how awesome Football looks on big flat screens and all the amenities of home, nothing beats a semi burnt brot a cold beer out of a plastic cup and the atmosphere of a live football game. I guess the same could be said for all other sports but football in particular even if the weather is Sh!t it is so much fun! And even more so when the home team comes out with the win :)

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
After a couple of days off due to post NFL experience and New Years Eve festivities, I was able to get in a shoulder and lat workout. Today was going to be Quads and Calves but I still have a decent ache in my left knee. Did an 8/8/16 protocol to change things up and make it a fast, intense workout.

Weighed myself this morning and I'm at a constant 204. No real noticable difference in BF or leaning, but then again even with trying to stay away from the crap food this holiday season I have a had a few slips.

BB OHP / Machine Neutral Grip Rows, no rest bewteen sets
115 x 8 / *90* x 8
115 x 8 / *100* x 8
85 x 16 / *60* x 16

Lateral Raises / Skier Pull Downs, no rest
20's x 8 / 60 x 8
20's x 8 / 60 x 8
10's x 16 / 25 x 16

DB OHP / Wide Grip Pull Downs, no rest
45's x 8 / *100* x 8
45's x 8 / *100* x 8
25's x 16 / *60* x 16

Burn Out Monster Set:
Lateral Raises / BB Upright Rows / BB OHP to Low Cable Underhand Rows / Skier Pull Downs / Low Cable Underhand Rows
20's x 5 / 65 x 5 / 65 x 5 - 140 x 5 / 70 x 5 / 70 x 5, 30 seconds rest
20's x 5 / 65 x 5 / 65 x 5 - 140 x 5 / 70 x 5 / 70 x 5

With the lack of rest between sets and the addition of higher rep sets my upper body is pumped beyond comfort. I can see my pulse in the veins on my forearms. A few more sessions of higher rep work then it's back to strength protocols to see how much more I have advanced using this stack. Tomorrow will Quads and Calves.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Was going to work out this morning, but with the outside temp. only @ negative 10 degrees, that means the ol' home gym is down right frigid. I'll be going to the army base to do a lunch time workout tomorrow.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Was going to work out this morning, but with the outside temp. only @ negative 10 degrees, that means the ol' home gym is down right frigid. I'll be going to the army base to do a lunch time workout tomorrow.
Holly hell bro -10 that is maddness! Have you noticed any increase in recovery time with this stack?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Definitely. I feel like I could do every body part everyday. And no matter how hard I push I don't get sore anymore.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks to McCrew I've finally got some before pics up. These were taken beginning of Dec.

ForumRunner_20140103_110038.png

ForumRunner_20140103_110059.png

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
-15 out today, but used some heaters to warm up the gym, and kept rest periods to a minimum.

Quads and Calves

One more session of higher rep work for Quads then it's back to strength work.

Smith Machine Calf Raises / Leg Extensions / BB Squats
155 x 15 / *70* x 8 / 135 x 8
155 x 15 / *80* x 8 / 135 x 8
155 x 13 / *90* x 7 / 135 x 8

I kept rest to 20 - 30 seconds between sets and my Quads were pumped to maximum. I have vascularity in my calves as well which I haven't had since college. Good stuff.

Machine Leg Press / Seated BB Calf Raises, 15 seconds rest
Full stack x 8 / 185 x 15

Used heavy weights with the fullest ROM possible. I wanted my quads as tired as possible going into my next sets.

Leg Press Calf Raises - Up Sets / BB DL to DB Jump Squats
*90* x 12 - *140* x 5 / 155 x 8 - 20's x 6
*90* x 12 - *130* x 5 / 155 x 8 - 20's x 6
*90* x 11 - *130* x 5 / 155 x 7 - 20's x 5

Legs are starting to shake but I still feel energized and like there is still plenty in the tank. Going to try and hammer these up coming burn out sets.

Smith Machine Calf Raises - drop sets / Front Squats / Leg Extensions / BB Squats, 30 seconds rest
155 x 8 - 115 x 12 / 135 x 5 / *80* x 5 / 135 x 5
155 x 8 - 115 x 12 / 135 x 5 / *80* x 5 / 135 x 5

Legs are cooked now, but I have a great euphoric feeling along with some pumped up muscles. We have one more family xmas to go to on Sunday, I'm planning on doing chest and traps on Saturday, then hams and calves on Sunday morning so we'll see how well recovered my calves are then.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Nice work man! You still have Christmas events to go to? That sounds more like Hanukkah lol

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice work man! You still have Christmas events to go to? That sounds more like Hanukkah lol
Yeah, the beauty of tons of grandparents, the kids get presents galore.

Thanks for the pic help by the way.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Yeah, the beauty of tons of grandparents, the kids get presents galore.

Thanks for the pic help by the way.
Ahhh those were the days. Now Im stoked to get new socks and undershirts I guess that means I am truly an adult
and you are welcome you have some good size on your back.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Chest and Traps

Still cold out, but not as cold as yesterday. We actually hit 15 degrees. Down right balmy. Need to keep rests short again to stay warm. Adding some ab work trying to get my midsection back in shape.

Reverse Grip BP / Underhand Low Pulley Rows / Hanging Knee Raises
95 x 12 / 110 x 10 / 8
115 x 12 / 110 x 10 / 8
115 x 10 / 110 x 8 / 8

Reverse grip press felt awesome once again. A new staple in my chest work.

Incline Flys / Bent Over Reverse Flys / Cable Crunches
20's x 10 / 20's x 8 / 40 x 8
20's x 10 / 20's x 8 / 40 x 8
20's x 8 / 20's x 6 / 40 x 8

After reverse grip bench, incline flys feel more effective.

BB Bench Press / Machine Overhand Grip Rows / Bicycle Crunches
125 x 12 / *90* x 10 / 12
125 x 12 / *90* x 10 / 12
125 x 10 / *90* x 9 / 12

I went extra slow on the negatives and tried to power the bar up as fast as possible, faster than usual. And at the top I squeezed my chest as hard as possible for 2 seconds, trying to force a heavier pump.

Burn out sets:

Body Weight Dips / Face Pulls / Knee Raises, no rest
5 / 45 x 5 / 5
5 / 45 x 5 / 5
4 / 45 x 5 / 5

Fingers Out Push Ups / Bicycle Crunches, no rest
10 / 12
10 / 12

More gas in the tank, which is better than before this stack, but I want to "stimulate, not annihilate". Pumped up though, and feeling pretty good. Vascularity seems up a bit more than usual as well.

I have must over a week left on this stack, and everything has been positive. No serous sides, just a tiny bit of facial and shoulder acne. Looking forward to testing strength out again, but noticing size, and my wife commented on me looking bigger the other day. It's a good sign when someone who sees you everyday notices something like that.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hams and Calves

With a 50 degree swing in temps towards the positive side of the themometer (+38 degrees) I don't need the heaters cranking in the gym. This is my last session devoted to size and will be going back to strength hopefully tomorrow. I'll be travelling for work and will only have access to the hotel fitness center so we'll see how well it works in the morning. It's looks promising based on their sites pictures. It'll be shoulders and lats if the equipment allows.

Lying Cable Hamstring Curls / Leg Press Calf Raises
45 x 12 / *110* x 20
45 x 10 / *120* x 20
45 x 9 / *120* x 18

RDL's / Smith Machine Calf Raises
135 x 12 / 145 x 15
185 x 10 / 145 x 15
185 x 9 / 145 x 15

Standing Hamstring Machine Curls - Single Leg / BB Seated Calf Raises
30 x 5 Each Leg, 30 x 4 Each Leg / 185 x 20

I ripped every set and rep out rapid fire, trying to maximize my short amount of time I had, still needed to pack for trip. The lack of rest certainly added an level of intensity that had my legs shaking if fine fashion while I was shaving. I'm really looking forward to seeing where my strength levels are after today. I officially have 6 days left on this stack so I'll be pushing extra hard trying to get every ounce of strength and size out of it. Recovery does seem to be far more rapid than normal. I'm sure I'll feel tomorrow that I could do hams and calves again if I wanted to.....but I won't.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Shoulders and Lats

Hotel fitness center was actually pretty good. A decent cable set up, benches, dumbells, and some good cardio equipment. Hit as hell in there though.

DB OHP / Neutral Grip Pull Ups
35's x 12 / 7
40's x 12 / 6
45's x 12 / 6
50's x 10 / 6

DB Lateral Raises / Skier Pull Downs
15's x 15 / 155 x 10
20's x 10 / 165 x 10
20's x 10 / 175 x 9

DB OHP / Low Cable Underhand Grip Rows
45's x 10 / 210 x 10
50's x 8 / Full Stack x 10
55's x 5, 50's x 3, 45's x 2 / Full Stack x 10

Alternating Cable Lateral Raises / Cable Curls to Chin Ups
15 x 5, 4 / 120 x 8, 4
15 x 5, 4 / 120 x 8, 4
15 x 5, 4 / 120 x 8, 4

Overall, a decent hotel workout. Tried to keep rest very limited to maintain a solid pump. Vascularity was pretty good throughout, especially after I started the curls.

Here are some photos before I made it to fitness center. Looks like I'm making some progress:

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
ForumRunner_20140107_200537.png

ForumRunner_20140107_200551.png

ForumRunner_20140107_200608.png

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
It may be the lighting but I would say that there has been progress made in the stomach and chest areas nice work man!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It may be the lighting but I would say that there has been progress made in the stomach and chest areas nice work man!
Thanks. Starting to see the leaning effect I was looking for. Too bad I only have a few days left.

Are you running a particular PCT?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Thanks. Starting to see the leaning effect I was looking for. Too bad I only have a few days left.

Are you running a particular PCT?
I had a buddy give me a bottle of 4-ad and so I am bridging the stack we got into a 4-ad M1-A 4 week run. when thats done I am running Torem DAA and Erase.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had a buddy give me a bottle of 4-ad and so I am bridging the stack we got into a 4-ad M1-A 4 week run. when thats done I am running Torem DAA and Erase.
I haven't been able to get my hands on a SERM. I'm going to run D-pol, Testalensis, and Revolution Black. I should be OK w/o a SERM?

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I haven't been able to get my hands on a SERM. I'm going to run D-pol, Testalensis, and Revolution Black. I should be OK w/o a SERM?
If you were wanting to go OTC you should be covered.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Due to cold weather and being short handed at work, I haven't been able to get a workout in until last night. But with the changing temps. my knees were aching pretty good and it was quad and calf day. Kept it light, but really focused on ROM as far as my knees would let me and be as explosive as possible on each contraction. The negatives were performed with a true 3 second count as well. Sore as sh!t today.

Smith Machine Calf Raises / Squats
165 x 15 / 135 x 15
165 x 15 / 135 x 15
165 x 15 / 185 x 10
165 x 12 / 185 x 9
165 x 12 / 185 x 8
165 x 12 / 185 x 6

Seated BB Calf Raises / Leg Extensions / Leg Press Machine
185 x 12 / 80 x 6 / *120* x 12
185 x 12 / 90 x 6 / *120* x 12
185 x 12 / 90 x 6 / *120* x 12

Was hoping to test out max on squat, but knees weren't going to allow that. Have to give it a shot next time around. I trully want to see how far strength has come. Hopefully I'll be able to see on chest day.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Chest and Traps

Feeling pretty good, especially after going to the chiropractor today. Time to test some strength.

After a fair amount of warm up, I put 225 on the bar, take a deep breath, and unrack the weight.

225 x 6! New PR.

Oh yeah, I did some machine rows too.

Since I just beat my previous PR handily I decided to up the ante.

245 x 2. Another PR, and with a weight I have never attempted before, even at my strongest in college. I struggled with the second rep, and maybe it was self preservationthat helped me, but there is no doubt that this stack has made me loads stronger. I can't wait for my knees to feel better so I can test squat and DL. OHP should have gone up significantly as well.

I finished out my workout with the cool confidence of a Detroit pimp.

BP / Machine Rows, overhand grip
185 x 6 / *100* x 10
135 x 12 / *100* x 10
135 x 10 / *100* x 10

Incline Flys / Bent Over Reverse Flys
20's x 10 / 10's x 12
20's x 10 / 10's x 12
20's x 8 / 10's x 12

Neutral Grip Machine Chest Press to Regular Grip Machine Press / Face Pulls
80 x 6, 6 / 50 x 10
90 x 6, 6 / 50 x 10
100 x 6, 5 / 50 x 9

This was a solid night, and just wishing this stack was for 6 weeks instead of 4.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hams and Calves

Trying to continue the strength testing. Warmed up to a good sweat and made sure all my joints were prepared for heavy lifting because I'm going to test out dead lift.

Dead Lift / Leg Press Calf Raises
135 x 6 / *100* x 15
225 x 5 / *100* x 15
315 x 2 / *100* x 15
365 x 1 / *100* x 15
385 x 1 / *100* x 12
395 x 1 / *100* x 12
400 x 1 / *100* x 10

No doubt about the strength inducing properties of this stack now. 40 lbs. on my DL in 4 weeks is a huge improvement. And I may have been able to get a little more but didn't want to push too hard and get hurt. I videoed my lift of 400 but not sure if I'll be able to post it, but I'll try.

RDL's / Smith Machine Calf Raises
225 x 8 / 185 x 15
225 x 8 / 185 x 15
225 x 6 / 185 x 12

Lying Leg Curls / Seated BB Calf Raises
50 x 12 / 225 x 12
50 x 12 / 225 x 12
50 x 12 / 225 x 12

RDL to DL / Leg Press Calf Raises
135 x 6 - 4 / *120* x 12
135 x 6 - 4 / *120* x 12

My endurance has gone way up and I could keep lifting but I'm sure I would hit over training if I did. Today was my official last day of this stack, it got prolonged a little since I had a 2 day migraine yesterday and the day before. I'm quite happy with the results however and I'll be posting my final review tomorrow.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Final Review:

This stack is one I shall run again, no question. Strength was at an all time high going into week 4, and I blasted PR's out of the water. I read reviews about Alpha Mass and it's lethargy inducing effects, but with the addition of the 4-AD, that was certainly not a problem. Side effects would have been completely non-existant were it not for some very mild acne on my face an shoulders. Nothing serious, just a few small patches, and I haven't had acne in at least 9 or 10 years. Libido never dropped, though I didn't get an increase like others have. I also started to get the leaning effect I was looking for towards the end of this cycle. I started to get the semblance of some abs. I added 5 pounds of LBM, finishing out at 205. Not quite the amount I was hoping for, but I also feel I am to blame for that since I may have been a little too conservative on the diet portion trying to make this a lean bulk. I do know my wife certainly appreciated the reduction in belly fat though. Next time around I will be running this for a minimum of 6 weeks to reap the full benefits. I did not have/show any signs of "shut down", but have been running an OTC PCT just in case, and have maintained 3 of those 5 pounds. Again though, diet would be the most likely culprit since I'm trying very hard not to gain BF before I try my next cycle. The flavor of the AMS tabs is pretty good, it's just like eating tic tacs. And there was no funny after taste with the Alph Mass.

Over all: 9/10

Thank you to harbonah and Forerunner/AMS for this awesome opportunity. Quality product from a quality rep.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Final Review:

This stack is one I shall run again, no question. Strength was at an all time high going into week 4, and I blasted PR's out of the water. I read reviews about Alpha Mass and it's lethargy inducing effects, but with the addition of the 4-AD, that was certainly not a problem. Side effects would have been completely non-existant were it not for some very mild acne on my face an shoulders. Nothing serious, just a few small patches, and I haven't had acne in at least 9 or 10 years. Libido never dropped, though I didn't get an increase like others have. I also started to get the leaning effect I was looking for towards the end of this cycle. I started to get the semblance of some abs. I added 5 pounds of LBM, finishing out at 205. Not quite the amount I was hoping for, but I also feel I am to blame for that since I may have been a little too conservative on the diet portion trying to make this a lean bulk. I do know my wife certainly appreciated the reduction in belly fat though. Next time around I will be running this for a minimum of 6 weeks to reap the full benefits. I did not have/show any signs of "shut down", but have been running an OTC PCT just in case, and have maintained 3 of those 5 pounds. Again though, diet would be the most likely culprit since I'm trying very hard not to gain BF before I try my next cycle. The flavor of the AMS tabs is pretty good, it's just like eating tic tacs. And there was no funny after taste with the Alph Mass.

Over all: 9/10

Thank you to harbonah and Forerunner/AMS for this awesome opportunity. Quality product from a quality rep.
Great log man I appreciate it!