Getting swole on ANS Ritual. (sponsored)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ritual - Day 1

Weight - 183

Sup, sup, sup!!?? Before I go any further, I have to give thanks to Judgement Day & the crew over at ANS for giving me this opportunity to log their product!! The timing was perfect too because I was in need of a new preworkout. The ingredient profile looks simple, yet effective. There's a couple things on there that I've not seen before, so I'm looking forward to giving this a go! Most of you know me by now, and understand that I work rotating shift work (days & nights), so I hit the gym whenever possible. I hit one body part per day, and will be trying to get cardio at least 5x a week also. I never get into too much detail as far as sets/reps, and diet. I usually just let you know how the product is effecting me in the gym, and out. If I get some pr's or just have a great session, I may share a little more with you. I'll get some pics up w/in the next day or so. I'll be posting my weight each update as well. I'm trying to cut right now, but I guess more emphasis is on the recomp right now. Cutting sucks, so that's why I keep it more on the recomp side.

I took my first dose @ 3am this morning. My first impression was the color! I dumped the 1 scoop in the water & then turned around for a second to put the jar back in the pantry. Upon turning back around, I saw a deep, royal blue in my cup! I hadn't even mixed it up yet. For mixing, I just swirled the cup around a few times, so the mixability is 5 stars right off the bat. Flavor - freaking awesome!! Talk about refreshing! Definitely a welcome change to the same ol fruit punch..

After about 30 min, I started feeling it kick in. I didn't get to bed early enough last night, so I knew I'd be putting Ritual to the test for the energy it had to offer. I'm a stim junkie, but I'll always start off w/ the recommended one scoop just to see what it does. I'm glad I did! The energy was great! Definitely not a jittery stimmed out feeling. Just nice & clean and steady. I probably could've used the 2 nd scoop, but like I said, I gotta give it a fair shot.

This morning's chest workout was pretty good. First day on the new product and the pump was pretty nice. No pr's to speak of, but I felt good throughout the workout. Having the gym to myself didn't hurt either.. I had good energy and focus throughout the workout. I got on the stationary bike and rode it at a pretty good resistance for about 40 minutes. I was soaked! This stuff might just help me get back down below 180!!

So far so good! Stay tuned..

braco1

braco1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nice start. 1 for 1 in workouts. When you find your sweet spot with RITUAL (mine is 1.5 scoops) - you'll continue to see repeated success at the gym.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Way to get it started :D wait until you try between 1.5-2 scoops :)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Might bump up tomorrow morning. Been a long busy day here at work. That, and I have to watch my Lions play on MNF tonight.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If one scoop rocks your world, just wait until you bump it to 1.5 or 2, you'll call in sick and spend the entire day hanging out at the squat rack.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If one scoop rocks your world, just wait until you bump it to 1.5 or 2, you'll call in sick and spend the entire day hanging out at the squat rack.
This is the first pre-workout that I've noticed a size difference and my bench is going back up too from it, Ritual is legit.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is the first pre-workout that I've noticed a size difference and my bench is going back up too from it, Ritual is legit.
Rep or no rep, it's the reason I became interested in the ANS line.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ritual - Day 3

Weight - 183

Well, rather than wait it out and try to go a little longer w/ only one scoop, I jumped into the 1.5 scoops. Glad I did!! Especially getting up @ 3am yesterday & today. I only got about 4 hours of sleep Monday night after the Lion's heartbreaking loss, so the extra half scoop really helped.

My workouts are fasted so I need a good preworkout that gives me good energy but doesn't jack up my stomach. This one is providing great energy and my stomach is handling it just fine. I had some issues on Monday, but I think that was just too much protein powder mixed in my oatmeal for breakfast.. lol, it was a long day.. Yesterday wasn't bad at all.

I did shoulders yesterday followed by about 45 minutes on the bike. Felt great the whole time in the gym! No loss of energy or focus. Strength was good and the pumps were nice too. I never get a really great swole pump in my shoulders, so it was hard to tell.

This morning was another story! I wanted to put it to the test, so I hit arms this morning. By the time I finished my warm-ups, I was already feeling a very nice, full pump. No pr this morning, but it was still one helluva workout! The energy was crazy cool, and the intensity was - intense!! Lol.. Seriously, I was walking around from set to set like I was on a mission and nobody was going to get in my way! Of course, nobody was there either, so I didn't have to worry about that. Did I tell you I had a serious pump?? Arms were SWOLE!!

I might be taking the day off tomorrow. The wife is sick, the kids are fighting it, and I think I'm starting to fight it too.. My body just isn't feeling right and I don't want to risk even more time away from the gym. I'm working nights all this weekend, so I'll be able to get in some more good workouts for more updates.

I got some pics after this morning's workout. I'll take a better look at them & see if any of them are worth posting up.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That time of the year for colds!

Gotta love them Ritual PUMPS :D

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sure as ****. I'm sick. Congestion, fever & aches.... Great. Resting today. The whole house is fighting one thing or another.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ritual - Day 3

Weight - 183

Well, rather than wait it out and try to go a little longer w/ only one scoop, I jumped into the 1.5 scoops. Glad I did!! Especially getting up @ 3am yesterday & today. I only got about 4 hours of sleep Monday night after the Lion's heartbreaking loss, so the extra half scoop really helped.

My workouts are fasted so I need a good preworkout that gives me good energy but doesn't jack up my stomach. This one is providing great energy and my stomach is handling it just fine. I had some issues on Monday, but I think that was just too much protein powder mixed in my oatmeal for breakfast.. lol, it was a long day.. Yesterday wasn't bad at all.

I did shoulders yesterday followed by about 45 minutes on the bike. Felt great the whole time in the gym! No loss of energy or focus. Strength was good and the pumps were nice too. I never get a really great swole pump in my shoulders, so it was hard to tell.

This morning was another story! I wanted to put it to the test, so I hit arms this morning. By the time I finished my warm-ups, I was already feeling a very nice, full pump. No pr this morning, but it was still one helluva workout! The energy was crazy cool, and the intensity was - intense!! Lol.. Seriously, I was walking around from set to set like I was on a mission and nobody was going to get in my way! Of course, nobody was there either, so I didn't have to worry about that. Did I tell you I had a serious pump?? Arms were SWOLE!!

I might be taking the day off tomorrow. The wife is sick, the kids are fighting it, and I think I'm starting to fight it too.. My body just isn't feeling right and I don't want to risk even more time away from the gym. I'm working nights all this weekend, so I'll be able to get in some more good workouts for more updates.

I got some pics after this morning's workout. I'll take a better look at them & see if any of them are worth posting up.
Just getting over a cold myself. Feel better man and great results so far!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure as ****. I'm sick. Congestion, fever & aches.... Great. Resting today. The whole house is fighting one thing or another.
Just rest up and start again when you feel better. I don't take being sick very well, I'm a big baby when it comes to fevers and aches lol.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just rest up and start again when you feel better. I don't take being sick very well, I'm a big baby when it comes to fevers and aches lol.
You're a big baby all the time. Remember the time we skyped and you just cried the entire time? (don't make it weird)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're a big baby all the time. Remember the time we skyped and you just cried the entire time? (don't make it weird)
Now that's some funny ****!!

Rested all day long. Sucks. I can't stand sitting around doing nothing. I finally got up about 4 to make my first jambalaya. Turned out pretty damn good too!! Lol, I made enough to serve a football team!! Next time I'll be using brown rice.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Still feeling like crap. Hopefully by Monday I'll be back. I'll start the log back up then. These sick days aren't in the mix.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still feeling like crap. Hopefully by Monday I'll be back. I'll start the log back up then. These sick days aren't in the mix.
No worries brother. I'm just getting over a cold myself. Take your time and get back on track!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The silver lining in it all? I'm down 3# in the last 3 days. Haven't had an appetite at all during all this fever.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone is getting sick lately, hope you feel better soon, I find taking Vit.C daily has helped me avoid getting sick as much.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'll be back in the gym tomorrow morning. Definitely feeling better.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ritual - Day 4

Weight - N/A (I'll check it tomorrow morning)

Damn, it feels good to be back in the gym again.. Feels better to feel healthy again! Being sick sucks! Ain't nobody got time fo' that!!

It's nice being back in the gym, but it felt like the sick bug zapped my strength and endurance!! I'm off tomorrow, so I'll get up & take 2 full scoops. I don't like not being amp'd up when I'm in the gym, and this morning, I had energy, but not what I need to get a workout in @ 4am. As usual, I started my week off w/ chest. I hit it pretty damn good from all angles and had some good slow reps. The pump at the end of the session was awesome! It's funny, cuz I might only be repping 60's on the flat db presses, but the pump I'm getting is insane! The visible difference from when I walk in, to when I'm walking out is very noticeable. It makes me want to turn back around & get more reps in! lol..

Tomorrow will be shoulders & cardio. I'm already looking forward to getting back under that iron!!

Oh, I hope y'all had a great Christmas! Our whole friggin house was sick, but we still had a blast. My 6 y/o boy & 3 y/o girl had snot all over the place & were in and out of fever, but that didn't slow them down one bit..

Hope y'all have an even better 2014!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to hear your feeling better :D

You will get that strength back quick, nothing worse than being sick and not being able to train, than getting back to the gym, takes a good week to get that power back I find.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Nice to see positive results from this preworkout, I began my journey a few days ago and today I shall erect my log! I'm ready to let some peeps know my training is no joke and all natural with hardcore training to boot.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice to see positive results from this preworkout, I began my journey a few days ago and today I shall erect my log! I'm ready to let some peeps know my training is no joke and all natural with hardcore training to boot.
Looking forward to you getting your log erect!!

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had a blast following your training for some time now, really looking forward to your thoughts on Ritual :D

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Takes some time to get back in the swing of things. I was off two weeks because of a sinus infection, so I feel your pain. Took me a few days to get back in the swing of things and thankfully the endurance properties of Ritual helped.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ritual - Day 8

Weight - 181

Since we last spoke, I was getting back in the groove of things. I feel like I'm right back to where I left off in the gym. Strength, endurance, and pumps all way back up. I knew going in that last time, that I still wasn't 100%, but had to get back in there. These last couple of workouts have been awesome! I've got that need to be back in the gym every day again. We went to the father in law's camp in Natchez Sat afternoon, so I didn't get in yesterday.

Saturday's arm workout was freaking great! Like I mentioned, the strength and pumps and endurance were incredible! I didn't want to stop! Looking in the mirror, I see I don't quite have the size/shape I used to have, but this Ritual is exactly what I needed in a preworkout. Here's a couple of shots from Saturday's workout. This was a little over an hour after the workout cuz I hit the bike for 45 minutes after the weights.

I'm working tonight and hope I can get enough rest so I can hit the gym on the way home. If not, I'll try & get up early enough to go in before coming back to work tomorrow night.

I've got a feeling that using Ritual before my workouts might just become a.......... ritual!! Lol.. Sorry, I just had to..

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lookin pumped!!! ahaha workouts do become a Ritual with Ritual :D

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Swole!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ritual - Day 8

Weight - 181

Since we last spoke, I was getting back in the groove of things. I feel like I'm right back to where I left off in the gym. Strength, endurance, and pumps all way back up. I knew going in that last time, that I still wasn't 100%, but had to get back in there. These last couple of workouts have been awesome! I've got that need to be back in the gym every day again. We went to the father in law's camp in Natchez Sat afternoon, so I didn't get in yesterday.

Saturday's arm workout was freaking great! Like I mentioned, the strength and pumps and endurance were incredible! I didn't want to stop! Looking in the mirror, I see I don't quite have the size/shape I used to have, but this Ritual is exactly what I needed in a preworkout. Here's a couple of shots from Saturday's workout. This was a little over an hour after the workout cuz I hit the bike for 45 minutes after the weights.

I'm working tonight and hope I can get enough rest so I can hit the gym on the way home. If not, I'll try & get up early enough to go in before coming back to work tomorrow night.

I've got a feeling that using Ritual before my workouts might just become a.......... ritual!! Lol.. Sorry, I just had to..
Looking pumped brother. Welcome to the world of Ritual! =)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've used a lot of combos with pre-workout, to create a complete pre-workout, but with Ritual you don't need anything stacked with it imo, just the perfect complete formula.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm totally diggin it right now! The energy I'm getting from 2 scoops is crazy!! Did shoulders & back this morning followed by about 45 min of cardio. I'll get a better update tomorrow during the day @ work. Grillin some chicken right now.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm totally diggin it right now! The energy I'm getting from 2 scoops is crazy!! Did shoulders & back this morning followed by about 45 min of cardio. I'll get a better update tomorrow during the day @ work. Grillin some chicken right now.

Hope you had a great new years!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
We did, thanks!! Hope y'all did too!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ritual - Day 13

Weight - 181

This getting old stuff sucks.. I remember back in the day, I could cut fat like no other.. Now, I clean up the diet and throw cardio in the mix, and I'm still not dropping it like I used to.. Oh well. Determination & discipline, right??

That's kind of where this stuff has been helping me. I'm hitting the weights, then following up w/ cardio. The last few days, those cardio sessions have been a breeze! The stamina I'm noticing from this stuff is awesome. I hit the gym @ 4am this morning, hitting arms, and then hit the elliptical for another 45 minutes. Felt great! Soaked in sweat too. I'm stuck on the 2 scoops, so it'll go faster, but that's OK. It's worth it! The strength is still coming up and I'm seeing a nice visual difference in the mirror. Before I started this, my body was kind of flat and soft. I'm now showing more shape around all around my upper body and my thighs are getting a little more separation back in them too.

This morning's workout still has me feeling the pump in my arms. My tri's are still shooting through my long sleeves. Feeling swole!!! The strength wasn't any better this morning, but the strict form and concentration really brought out some more visual size/pumps.

If I can wake up on time tomorrow, (I set my alarm for 3am, but overslept yesterday & was almost late for work!) I'll hit chest, abs and more cardio. All a part of my morning ritual....

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The endurance boost from Ritual is worth it on it's own. I'm stuck on 2 scoops as well, it's my sweet spot.

I'm the same lately, finding it hard to cut like I used too, just switched to the lean gains diet today, I keep reading more good stuff popping up about fasting.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The endurance boost from Ritual is worth it on it's own. I'm stuck on 2 scoops as well, it's my sweet spot.

I'm the same lately, finding it hard to cut like I used too, just switched to the lean gains diet today, I keep reading more good stuff popping up about fasting.
2 scoops fasted has a huge thermo effect on me. I sweat like crazy in those early morning hours in the gym. Ritual is fantastic for me in that regard.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The endurance boost from Ritual is worth it on it's own. I'm stuck on 2 scoops as well, it's my sweet spot. I'm the same lately, finding it hard to cut like I used too, just switched to the lean gains diet today, I keep reading more good stuff popping up about fasting.
I'm day 2 into keto. STARVING!!! Lol. Eating tons of buffalo chicken salads.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm day 2 into keto. STARVING!!! Lol. Eating tons of buffalo chicken salads.
I've never tried the keto diet but it seems rough!

I've fasted all day and now I'm going to pig out on some boneless wings :p lol

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude, there's no way I could go all day w/o eating. Keto is actually easier than I thought. Plenty of chicken and fish.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ritual – Day 17

Weight – 178!! WOOT, WOOT!!

Yes, I’m quite excited about my small amount of weight loss. This Keto is the real deal.. The last time I did the keto diet, I wasn’t running any type of preworkouts that I remember. Now, w/ Ritual, I have all day energy that doesn’t crash out at the end.

Every workout these past few days has been an improvement from weeks prior. Strength, while not skyrocketing, is steadily going up. I’m also getting more reps out on some exercises as well. I’m thoroughly enjoying every scoop of this stuff!! The only downfall as far as I’m concerned is the beta alanine.. I’ve never liked that stuff. Sure, I understand the benefits of it & everything, but the tingles I get from it just irritate me.. Even from when I first drink it, I feel like I’m getting tingles in my lips! Lol.. That part may be all mental..

My last workout was shoulders & back. I walked out of that gym feeling sole all the way around. The pump in my lats went from my arm pits all the way down to my hips! Lol.. My delts felt like they were popping out of my shirt later in the evening here at work.

Rest tonight here at work probably might not happen. I’ll have to go home & sleep & then maybe get up for a gun show @ some cardio..

Excellent stuff so far!!!

braco1

braco1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Dem Pumps in your lats - from armpits to the hips! lol

Glad you're loving it!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Enhanced crushing it like usual. You touched on some really important features of Ritual, and that is gradual strength/endurance increases. The energy lasts me throughout an entire day as well!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ritual - Day 22

Weight - 177

Southpaw, yeah, this stuff is really great as far as all day long. Between the pumps & the energy, having both of those all day long doesn't suck..

I'm scraping the bottom of my jar... :sad3: I guess that's what I get for running 2 scoops a day, for almost every day!! It's hard not to drink it, even on off days cuz it tastes so freaking good!!

This morning's chest workout was crazy! I got minimal sleep (up @ 3am), and felt like a monster in the gym @ 4am! I worked my way back up to the 90's on the flat db presses & felt great! My pecs were FULL when I was done this morning! I could feel them tightening up around 4 this afternoon. Now, @ 9:25pm, I'm feeling tight all over!

2 scoops is definitely my sweet spot! If any of you haven't tired it yet, give it a shot!! It comes in handy for me cuz of my early mornings. Even when I sleep in, I jump into 2 scoops! The energy & intensity I get in the gym is unparallelled!! I can't imagine what you guys did w/ Diablo!!

Tomorrow morning, I'll be up & early hitting the gunz before wearing myself out on the eliptical. This stuff is definitely going to be a hit for everyone in 2014!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This mornings arm workout was crazy awesome!! Worked my way up to 90# on the weighted dips. Tri's were feelin it!!

[/URL]