The Performance of Ritual

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

The Performance of Ritual

Thanks ANS, for letting me give this stuff a whirl! I've been looking forward to it and will be able to begin usage tomorrow.

About me:
    I'm a 26 year old competitive powerlifter. I train 4x a week, loosely following Brandon Lilly's Cube Method.

Monday-Deadlift
    Wednesday-Bench Press
    Thursday or Friday-Squat
    Saturday-Weak point. Typically, upper body repetition work.

All movements rotate from Max Effort, Dynamic, then Repetition weekly, then repeated with increased percentages and varied reps/sets.

Only movements and effective muscle groups will be trained. My back is worked 3x a week with a high volume compound movement. My pressing is being deloaded this week due to a bum AC joint, so on my bench day, there will just be accessory work along with shoulder prehab. Core will be trained on most days.

I currently weigh 218. I'm eating to be stronger. My best lifts are a 600lb squat at 200lb bw, a 300 bench (yeah I know...) and a 525 deadlift, which should be a bit more I'm hoping.

My training cycle will be ending during my run of Ritual, so I will be acquiring new training maxes during the log. A double between 585-600 squat will be hit, or 610-615 single. 315 bench if the shoulder is better, and a 535 sumo deadlift.

I'll pay attention to my energy and endurance levels through very long training sessions. Though I don't chase pumps, I'll be able to assess whatever Ritual has to offer in regards to that, when I lift on my weak point days.

Other supplements I'll be taking: Fish oil, Cissus, GDA's (I'll refrain from preworkout meal GDA in order to assess Ritual's pumps more accurately), PNI Paragon (Reps, if Paragon is an issue, I will cease use immediately. I don't imagine it interfering with Ritual's effects)

Thanks for whoever subs! I post on my phone the majority of the time because it's easier with work and the family, so if you're expecting reputation points, sorry.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Reserved
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Love the set up!
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Thanks buddy.

Just took my first "heaping" scoop. Mixed it with water into an empty Gatorade bottle. Its Blueberry something... I forgot already lol Anyways, usually blueberry products are sour and I hate them. This however, is not sour, is easy to drink, and tastes more like the blue Powerade. Big plus. I hate Prewo's that are sour and taste like I'm drinking candy.

Just waitin on someone to finish up with the deadlift bar..
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

This is another plus. A prewo that isn't 1/3 full when you open it lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Cube-Repetition Deadlift-Final Week

Sumo Deadlift (Scheduled ~85% 435 x 2-3 sets x 3-5 reps)
    425x5 (bad math)
    438x5 Touch 'n Go, Sumo rep PR's
    438x13 Touch 'n Go

2" Sumo Block Pull
    435+50lb band tension x2x3

Stiff-Legged Deadlift
    405x3x3

Safety Squat Bar Rear Lunge/Banded Abduction
    152x3x7/Short miniband x 3x20

Videos and thoughts shortly.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

http://youtu.be/auRSKXMdXSE

Took 1 rounded scoop. Felt increased energy in 5 minutes. By 15 minutes I had the bar in my hand warming up. Around my 315 warmup I took a seat just to calm myself down for a minute because that's when I felt it kick. After that, I didn't have any jitters. I had consistent energy levels and my stamina felt right. Pretty decent focus effect, given the fact that I was able to deadlift despite the stupid fücking music. (that, or I secretly love teeny bopper music)
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'8"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.23%

The music is epic...but it's got nothing on your lifts. You're a beast!
    ANS Performance Rep
    www.ansperformance.com

RITUAL * HIT * FORTITUDE * DIABLO * DILATE
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Thanks bud. I'm gonna take a scoop just to go in to do some core work. Barely slept last night from a mini-me kicking me all night long. Normally I wouldn't use a prewo for core work, but it's free and I want to see what kind of a pick-me-up I get from it early in the AM.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    http://youtu.be/auRSKXMdXSE Took 1 rounded scoop. Felt increased energy in 5 minutes. By 15 minutes I had the bar in my hand warming up. Around my 315 warmup I took a seat just to calm myself down for a minute because that's when I felt it kick. After that, I didn't have any jitters. I had consistent energy levels and my stamina felt right. Pretty decent focus effect, given the fact that I was able to deadlift despite the stupid fücking music. (that, or I secretly love teeny bopper music)
    Great detail so far. If one scoop did it for you, I'd be curious to see what happens once/IF you bump up the dosage!
    ANS Performance Rep.
    www.ansperformance.com / www.facebook.com/TeamANSPerformance
    RITUAL * HIT * FORTITUDE * DILATE
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Great detail so far. If one scoop did it for you, I'd be curious to see what happens once/IF you bump up the dosage!
    Thanks, man. It'll be 1.5 tomorrow and possibly 2 scoops for squat Friday.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Damn you are strong as hell brotha!

Nice job!

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Damn you are strong as hell brotha! Nice job!
    I'm workin on it buddy, thanks. I'm looking forward to another session tomorrow.

Do you guys have Diablo samples?
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

I'm workin on it buddy, thanks. I'm looking forward to another session tomorrow.

Do you guys have Diablo samples?
    I will see if we have those available yet.

15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Cube-Weak Point

Dumbell Rows
    150x3x10

Superset with:
    Half-Kneeling Landmine Press
    25x4x15

Narrow D-Grip Seated Cable Row
    160x3x8

Decline Axle Skullcrusher
    83x5x8

Superset with:
    Dumbell Preacher Curls
    25x5x15

Banded Facepull/Low Pulley External Rotations/Lying 45degree shoulder abduction

So, after some hard as fück soft tissue work and band tractions with someone externally rotating my humerus, I've gained internal rotation and my AC joint feels much much better. I decided to go with a safe/easy shoulder movement just to get some blood moving around again, and if this continues, I'll bench press my explosive day on Sunday.

Supplement notes:
    1208 Took 2 scoops
    1215 Felt more alert
    1230 My face tingles and I felt the stimulant effects

It was a good pump. My triceps were hurting after the axle skull crushers because of it. I had solid energy throughout the entire workout. I didn't feel cracked out or had an ungodly fast heart rate, but it was just right.

Squats will be Friday. I'll work up to 540 for a single, and then hopefully 585x2 with reverse bands attatched. Let's see what Ritual will do for me. Hopefully it will give me the stamina to complete some box squats and good mornings after the competition stance squat.

Sunday will be bench press/upper.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Great update!

Looks like we don't have Diablo samples in yet, but when we do get them in I will be sure to let you know.

17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

No worries bud, was just curious. Ill give it a go sometime.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Cube-Heavy Squat-Week 9

Warmup
    Shoulder distraction
    Foam Roll
    Lax mash hamstrings
    Groin stretch
    KStarr hip opener

Buffalo Bar Squat, Oly Shoe, False Grip
    155x10
    235x5
    325x5
    415x2
    465x1 + Belt
    505x1 + Loose Inzer Gripper Knee Wraps
    546x1 + Tight wrapped
    585x3 + Reverse Light Bands

Unilateral Leg Press/GHR/Glute Bridge+Banded Abductions
    270x3x10/BWx3x15/Short Mini x3x15

Pendlay Row
    225x3x3

2 scoops. The energy came on fast and was solid all the way through. Probably an 1.5+ hour session. No comment on pumps, as nothing was too pump inducing. The beta-a tingles only lasted a few minutes.

http://youtu.be/X6z0rkOTdk8
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Awesome workouts!

20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

I appreciate it JD! I'll be doing some conditioning tomorrow and then benching Sunday. I believe my shoulder has healed enough.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Farmers Walk
    100's x 4 x 2 Hallway Lengths

One Armed Farmers Walk
    100 x 2 x 1 Hallway Length, each arm

Strong Banded Standing Crunches
    x4x15

Light Banded Pallof Press
    x4x8

EFS Pullapart Series
    Miniband x 70

1 Scoop preworkout. It was a quick pick-me-up. Good stuff.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Great details on your workouts. I like to mix in conditioning work with traditional lifting. For me, personally, it just breaks up the monotony.
    ANS Performance Rep.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Great details on your workouts. I like to mix in conditioning work with traditional lifting. For me, personally, it just breaks up the monotony.
    Thanks dude. I much prefer pushing the prowler on my off days but not in this winter time
    slush. The conditioning gives me a reason to go to the gym on my off days lol
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Cube-Explodive Bench

Floor Press w/Titan Ram
    235x6x3

Half-Kneeling Landmine Press
    50x3x10
    25x1x30

Old School T-Bar Row
    140 + Resisted Miniband x5x10

Banded Catback Rows
    Average Band x3x15

Tricep Pushdowns/Minibanded Triple Threats
    x4x10/x4x8

Sidelying 45 degree abduction/Sidelying Ext. Rot.
    x4x15 each

My shoulder mobility is much better but there's still a bit of pain in the AC joint. I worked around it. Floor press w/ the strap worked out well. Just a light, quick, get a pump, day. It may be my last upper body session for this week. If you guys are curious about any excercise I do, just ask and I'll explain.

Will be attempting a 1RM or 2RM deadlift on Tuesday.

I dosed 2 scoops of Ritual about 20 minutes preworkout. Again, solid taste, good mixability, and consistent energy. Tingling in the beginning, zero jitters. I have a naturally high heart rate (90's) so it's nice to have a preworkout that gives me great energy and doesn't make me feel like my heart will explode lol
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

I hear you. I wouldn't either. For some strange reason, I just find conditioning work to be fun. Lol.
    ANS Performance Rep.
  26. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Sumo 1RM test following 9 Week Cube Kingpin Cycle

Previous sumo deadlift max was 495 in training in early fall I believe, and 485 in a meet (October). 535 was a previous failed lift at that meet. I pulled 535 with a troubled lockout from 2" blocks a couple weeks ago.

http://youtu.be/SyB4BGtLiYY

Warmup
    -Did most of the MFR and hip mobility drills last night
    -Thoracic spine/calve/glute/hamstring lacrosse ball mash 30 seconds each
    -Side Lunges with overhead extension

Deadlift
    135x8 Conventional
    225x6 (3) Conventional (3) Sumo
    315x5 + Sumo
    405x1
    455x1 + Belt
    495x1 This is my mind fück # and it was easy
    535x1 PR
    556x1 PR

GHR/Sissy Squat Stand/Walking Lunges
    BWx3x15/70x3x12/BWx3x15
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

2 heaping scoops. Awesome energy and focus. Ritual does what it's intended to do. Stims usually make me too jittered when maxing out but I remained calm and alert. Now I just gotta catch my deadlift up to my squat
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Congrats on the PR's! Very strong, this is a great log to follow.

29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Cube-Upper Repetition

Incline Log Press
    155x8
    195x8
    225x7 + Titan Ram
    205x8
    155x10 - Titan Ram

Log Clean & Press
    155x3x6

Low Pulley Cable Row, D-Grip + Miniband
    130x5x8

Tri-Set
    -Rolling Dumbell Tricep Extensions
    -Low Pulley Facepull
    -Dumbell Curls

Light Banded Pallof Press/GHR Sit-ups

Quick day, in and out. The shoulder is feeling good and the log was a good pressing substitute. Hoping to squat on Sunday.

2 scoops once again. Awesome energy as expected still and a nasty Tricep pump.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Love the rolling dumbbell tricep extensions! Great for that explosive power.

31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Love the rolling dumbbell tricep extensions! Great for that explosive power.
    Exactly!

You mentioned shoulder problems in your log, right? This site shows all the trigger points when you click on self massage. Open both posterior and anterior shoulder.
    http://www.athletestreatingathletes....atment-system/

Then search Eric Cressey shoulders on Google. he's a shoulder guru. I've been battling crap shoulders myself.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Exactly!

You mentioned shoulder problems in your log, right? This site shows all the trigger points when you click on self massage. Open both posterior and anterior shoulder.
    http://www.athletestreatingathletes....atment-system/

Then search Eric Cressey shoulders on Google. he's a shoulder guru. I've been battling crap shoulders myself.
    I've hurt my rotator cuff about 4 years back, took about a year to heal. I've had my shoulder hurt on and off every once and awhile, but nothing like how it feels right now since the time I first hurt it. My shoulder has a very painful strain in it by my arm just hanging not doing anything, right in the rear delt. I'm gonna give it another 3-5 days before I attempt some light band therapy exercises. I will check that Eric Cressey site out and see if I can find anything else I can add in besides therapy exercises. Thanks for the links! Much appreciated!

33. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Squat

Squat-Oly shoe, comp stance, 55lb bar
    145x8
    235x5
    325x3
    415x1
    465x1 + Belt
    505x1 + Loose Inzer Gripper knee wraps
    536x1
    576x3 + Tightest wrap, out of the monolift

EFS Yoke Bar Good Mornings
    155x2x8

Meh..

GHR
    BWx10

Meh.. going home.

This is the most I've repped over 500 I think without any reverse band attatched. This estimates my max to be around 610-615.

If my shoulder holds up, I'll hit a bench max on tuesday then deload.

2 scoops again prewo. Slight jitters during warmups which I was hoping they wore off and they did. It was difficult for me to get mentally into it tonight but by the time I had 576 loaded, my brain clicked on. No amount if prewo would have made me want to stay in the gym after that though lol
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

2 heaping scoops. Awesome energy and focus. Ritual does what it's intended to do. Stims usually make me too jittered when maxing out but I remained calm and alert. Now I just gotta catch my deadlift up to my squat
    2 scoops is where it's at for me too. The energy and focus last me all day, as I workout early mornings. By the way beasting on those workouts.
    ANS Performance Rep.
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Beast-Mode is on buddy! Hell of some great numbers you have, killin it!

36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Thanks, JD! Too bad my upper body numbers are no where comparable lol

That being said..

-Upper

2-Board Bench Press
    225x8
    235x8
    255x8

Neutral Grip Incline DB Press
    60x2x15

Pendlay Rows
    225x5
    245x5
    265x5
    275x5
    225x10

Cable Tricep Pushdowns/Miniband Facepull
    90x4x15/Doubled x3x20

Rear Delt Destroyer

Cuban Press/Low Pulley External Rotation

I'm going to be smart. My shoulder is feeling starting to feel better so I'm not going to ruin it. I'll 2-Board press for a bit, then floor press, then I'll work into full ROM bench press. I don't want to risk anything. That being said, it felt nice to get a chest pump again.

2 scoops is where it's at for me. I didn't experience jitters today. Just crisp energy throughout. Pumps were good today as well. It's been a while since I've had a chest pump.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.22%

Great workout!

38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Thanks, JD! Too bad my upper body numbers are no where comparable lol

That being said..

-Upper

2-Board Bench Press
    225x8
    235x8
    255x8

Neutral Grip Incline DB Press
    60x2x15

Pendlay Rows
    225x5
    245x5
    265x5
    275x5
    225x10

Cable Tricep Pushdowns/Miniband Facepull
    90x4x15/Doubled x3x20

Rear Delt Destroyer

Cuban Press/Low Pulley External Rotation

I'm going to be smart. My shoulder is feeling starting to feel better so I'm not going to ruin it. I'll 2-Board press for a bit, then floor press, then I'll work into full ROM bench press. I don't want to risk anything. That being said, it felt nice to get a chest pump again.

2 scoops is where it's at for me. I didn't experience jitters today. Just crisp energy throughout. Pumps were good today as well. It's been a while since I've had a chest pump.
    My upper body numbers are pretty solid. My lower body numbers are somewhere between William Hung and one of the Jonas brothers.
    ANS Performance Rep.
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.49%

Deload Lower
    * I'm just doing whatever this week. Letting my body and mind rest and no serious training. New training cycle will start up next week

Vogelphol Pulls (set x rep)
    (Bar)225/(SSB)157x6x3

SSB Rear Lunge
    157x3x8

GHR
    BWx3x15

Reverse Hyper
    BWx3x15

Facepulls
    x a lot

Vogelphol pulls suck. It makes you realize how important a braced neutral spine is.

Ritual- 1.5 scoops today. I've been slightly sleep deprives from work so it was needed this morning.

http://youtu.be/4zubppgZIp4
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.23%

Deload Lower
    * I'm just doing whatever this week. Letting my body and mind rest and no serious training. New training cycle will start up next week

Vogelphol Pulls (set x rep)
    (Bar)225/(SSB)157x6x3

SSB Rear Lunge
    157x3x8

GHR
    BWx3x15

Reverse Hyper
    BWx3x15

Facepulls
    x a lot

Vogelphol pulls suck. It makes you realize how important a braced neutral spine is.

Ritual- 1.5 scoops today. I've been slightly sleep deprives from work so it was needed this morning.

http://youtu.be/4zubppgZIp4
    Good lord man. Your routines make mine look like the hip abductor machine. :/
    ANS Performance Rep.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 12:06 AM
  2. The Future of Primordial Performance
    By Trauma1 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 4198
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 11:34 PM
  3. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 09:50 PM