The Performance of Ritual

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks ANS, for letting me give this stuff a whirl! I've been looking forward to it and will be able to begin usage tomorrow.

About me:
I'm a 26 year old competitive powerlifter. I train 4x a week, loosely following Brandon Lilly's Cube Method.

Monday-Deadlift
Wednesday-Bench Press
Thursday or Friday-Squat
Saturday-Weak point. Typically, upper body repetition work.

All movements rotate from Max Effort, Dynamic, then Repetition weekly, then repeated with increased percentages and varied reps/sets.

Only movements and effective muscle groups will be trained. My back is worked 3x a week with a high volume compound movement. My pressing is being deloaded this week due to a bum AC joint, so on my bench day, there will just be accessory work along with shoulder prehab. Core will be trained on most days.

I currently weigh 218. I'm eating to be stronger. My best lifts are a 600lb squat at 200lb bw, a 300 bench (yeah I know...) and a 525 deadlift, which should be a bit more I'm hoping.

My training cycle will be ending during my run of Ritual, so I will be acquiring new training maxes during the log. A double between 585-600 squat will be hit, or 610-615 single. 315 bench if the shoulder is better, and a 535 sumo deadlift.

I'll pay attention to my energy and endurance levels through very long training sessions. Though I don't chase pumps, I'll be able to assess whatever Ritual has to offer in regards to that, when I lift on my weak point days.

Other supplements I'll be taking: Fish oil, Cissus, GDA's (I'll refrain from preworkout meal GDA in order to assess Ritual's pumps more accurately), PNI Paragon (Reps, if Paragon is an issue, I will cease use immediately. I don't imagine it interfering with Ritual's effects)

Thanks for whoever subs! I post on my phone the majority of the time because it's easier with work and the family, so if you're expecting reputation points, sorry.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love the set up!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks buddy.

Just took my first "heaping" scoop. Mixed it with water into an empty Gatorade bottle. Its Blueberry something... I forgot already lol Anyways, usually blueberry products are sour and I hate them. This however, is not sour, is easy to drink, and tastes more like the blue Powerade. Big plus. I hate Prewo's that are sour and taste like I'm drinking candy.

Just waitin on someone to finish up with the deadlift bar..

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube-Repetition Deadlift-Final Week

Sumo Deadlift (Scheduled ~85% 435 x 2-3 sets x 3-5 reps)
425x5 (bad math)
438x5 Touch 'n Go, Sumo rep PR's
438x13 Touch 'n Go

2" Sumo Block Pull
435+50lb band tension x2x3

Stiff-Legged Deadlift
405x3x3

Safety Squat Bar Rear Lunge/Banded Abduction
152x3x7/Short miniband x 3x20

Videos and thoughts shortly.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
http://youtu.be/auRSKXMdXSE

Took 1 rounded scoop. Felt increased energy in 5 minutes. By 15 minutes I had the bar in my hand warming up. Around my 315 warmup I took a seat just to calm myself down for a minute because that's when I felt it kick. After that, I didn't have any jitters. I had consistent energy levels and my stamina felt right. Pretty decent focus effect, given the fact that I was able to deadlift despite the stupid fücking music. (that, or I secretly love teeny bopper music)

braco1

braco1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The music is epic...but it's got nothing on your lifts. You're a beast!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bud. I'm gonna take a scoop just to go in to do some core work. Barely slept last night from a mini-me kicking me all night long. Normally I wouldn't use a prewo for core work, but it's free ;) and I want to see what kind of a pick-me-up I get from it early in the AM.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://youtu.be/auRSKXMdXSE Took 1 rounded scoop. Felt increased energy in 5 minutes. By 15 minutes I had the bar in my hand warming up. Around my 315 warmup I took a seat just to calm myself down for a minute because that's when I felt it kick. After that, I didn't have any jitters. I had consistent energy levels and my stamina felt right. Pretty decent focus effect, given the fact that I was able to deadlift despite the stupid fücking music. (that, or I secretly love teeny bopper music)
Great detail so far. If one scoop did it for you, I'd be curious to see what happens once/IF you bump up the dosage!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great detail so far. If one scoop did it for you, I'd be curious to see what happens once/IF you bump up the dosage!
Thanks, man. It'll be 1.5 tomorrow and possibly 2 scoops for squat Friday.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn you are strong as hell brotha!

Nice job!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube-Weak Point

Dumbell Rows
150x3x10

Superset with:
Half-Kneeling Landmine Press
25x4x15

Narrow D-Grip Seated Cable Row
160x3x8

Decline Axle Skullcrusher
83x5x8

Superset with:
Dumbell Preacher Curls
25x5x15

Banded Facepull/Low Pulley External Rotations/Lying 45degree shoulder abduction

So, after some hard as fück soft tissue work and band tractions with someone externally rotating my humerus, I've gained internal rotation and my AC joint feels much much better. I decided to go with a safe/easy shoulder movement just to get some blood moving around again, and if this continues, I'll bench press my explosive day on Sunday.

Supplement notes:
1208 Took 2 scoops
1215 Felt more alert
1230 My face tingles and I felt the stimulant effects

It was a good pump. My triceps were hurting after the axle skull crushers because of it. I had solid energy throughout the entire workout. I didn't feel cracked out or had an ungodly fast heart rate, but it was just right.

Squats will be Friday. I'll work up to 540 for a single, and then hopefully 585x2 with reverse bands attatched. Let's see what Ritual will do for me. Hopefully it will give me the stamina to complete some box squats and good mornings after the competition stance squat.

Sunday will be bench press/upper.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great update!

Looks like we don't have Diablo samples in yet, but when we do get them in I will be sure to let you know.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No worries bud, was just curious. Ill give it a go sometime.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube-Heavy Squat-Week 9

Warmup
Shoulder distraction
Foam Roll
Lax mash hamstrings
Groin stretch
KStarr hip opener

Buffalo Bar Squat, Oly Shoe, False Grip
155x10
235x5
325x5
415x2
465x1 + Belt
505x1 + Loose Inzer Gripper Knee Wraps
546x1 + Tight wrapped
585x3 + Reverse Light Bands

Unilateral Leg Press/GHR/Glute Bridge+Banded Abductions
270x3x10/BWx3x15/Short Mini x3x15

Pendlay Row
225x3x3

2 scoops. The energy came on fast and was solid all the way through. Probably an 1.5+ hour session. No comment on pumps, as nothing was too pump inducing. The beta-a tingles only lasted a few minutes.

http://youtu.be/X6z0rkOTdk8

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome workouts!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate it JD! I'll be doing some conditioning tomorrow and then benching Sunday. I believe my shoulder has healed enough.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Farmers Walk
100's x 4 x 2 Hallway Lengths

One Armed Farmers Walk
100 x 2 x 1 Hallway Length, each arm

Strong Banded Standing Crunches
x4x15

Light Banded Pallof Press
x4x8

EFS Pullapart Series
Miniband x 70

1 Scoop preworkout. It was a quick pick-me-up. Good stuff.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great details on your workouts. I like to mix in conditioning work with traditional lifting. For me, personally, it just breaks up the monotony.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great details on your workouts. I like to mix in conditioning work with traditional lifting. For me, personally, it just breaks up the monotony.
Thanks dude. I much prefer pushing the prowler on my off days but not in this winter time
slush. The conditioning gives me a reason to go to the gym on my off days lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube-Explodive Bench

Floor Press w/Titan Ram
235x6x3

Half-Kneeling Landmine Press
50x3x10
25x1x30

Old School T-Bar Row
140 + Resisted Miniband x5x10

Banded Catback Rows
Average Band x3x15

Tricep Pushdowns/Minibanded Triple Threats
x4x10/x4x8

Sidelying 45 degree abduction/Sidelying Ext. Rot.
x4x15 each

My shoulder mobility is much better but there's still a bit of pain in the AC joint. I worked around it. Floor press w/ the strap worked out well. Just a light, quick, get a pump, day. It may be my last upper body session for this week. If you guys are curious about any excercise I do, just ask and I'll explain.

Will be attempting a 1RM or 2RM deadlift on Tuesday.

I dosed 2 scoops of Ritual about 20 minutes preworkout. Again, solid taste, good mixability, and consistent energy. Tingling in the beginning, zero jitters. I have a naturally high heart rate (90's) so it's nice to have a preworkout that gives me great energy and doesn't make me feel like my heart will explode lol

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hear you. I wouldn't either. For some strange reason, I just find conditioning work to be fun. Lol.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sumo 1RM test following 9 Week Cube Kingpin Cycle

Previous sumo deadlift max was 495 in training in early fall I believe, and 485 in a meet (October). 535 was a previous failed lift at that meet. I pulled 535 with a troubled lockout from 2" blocks a couple weeks ago.

http://youtu.be/SyB4BGtLiYY

Warmup
-Did most of the MFR and hip mobility drills last night
-Thoracic spine/calve/glute/hamstring lacrosse ball mash 30 seconds each
-Side Lunges with overhead extension

Deadlift
135x8 Conventional
225x6 (3) Conventional (3) Sumo
315x5 + Sumo
405x1
455x1 + Belt
495x1 This is my mind fück # and it was easy
535x1 PR
556x1 PR

GHR/Sissy Squat Stand/Walking Lunges
BWx3x15/70x3x12/BWx3x15

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 heaping scoops. Awesome energy and focus. Ritual does what it's intended to do. Stims usually make me too jittered when maxing out but I remained calm and alert. Now I just gotta catch my deadlift up to my squat

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Congrats on the PR's! Very strong, this is a great log to follow.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube-Upper Repetition

Incline Log Press
155x8
195x8
225x7 + Titan Ram
205x8
155x10 - Titan Ram

Log Clean & Press
155x3x6

Low Pulley Cable Row, D-Grip + Miniband
130x5x8

Tri-Set
-Rolling Dumbell Tricep Extensions
-Low Pulley Facepull
-Dumbell Curls

Light Banded Pallof Press/GHR Sit-ups

Quick day, in and out. The shoulder is feeling good and the log was a good pressing substitute. Hoping to squat on Sunday.

2 scoops once again. Awesome energy as expected still and a nasty Tricep pump.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Love the rolling dumbbell tricep extensions! Great for that explosive power.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly!

You mentioned shoulder problems in your log, right? This site shows all the trigger points when you click on self massage. Open both posterior and anterior shoulder.
http://www.athletestreatingathletes.com/self-treatment-system/

Then search Eric Cressey shoulders on Google. he's a shoulder guru. I've been battling crap shoulders myself.
I've hurt my rotator cuff about 4 years back, took about a year to heal. I've had my shoulder hurt on and off every once and awhile, but nothing like how it feels right now since the time I first hurt it. My shoulder has a very painful strain in it by my arm just hanging not doing anything, right in the rear delt. I'm gonna give it another 3-5 days before I attempt some light band therapy exercises. I will check that Eric Cressey site out and see if I can find anything else I can add in besides therapy exercises. Thanks for the links! Much appreciated!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squat

Squat-Oly shoe, comp stance, 55lb bar
145x8
235x5
325x3
415x1
465x1 + Belt
505x1 + Loose Inzer Gripper knee wraps
536x1
576x3 + Tightest wrap, out of the monolift

EFS Yoke Bar Good Mornings
155x2x8

Meh..

GHR
BWx10

Meh.. going home.

This is the most I've repped over 500 I think without any reverse band attatched. This estimates my max to be around 610-615.

If my shoulder holds up, I'll hit a bench max on tuesday then deload.

2 scoops again prewo. Slight jitters during warmups which I was hoping they wore off and they did. It was difficult for me to get mentally into it tonight but by the time I had 576 loaded, my brain clicked on. No amount if prewo would have made me want to stay in the gym after that though lol

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2 heaping scoops. Awesome energy and focus. Ritual does what it's intended to do. Stims usually make me too jittered when maxing out but I remained calm and alert. Now I just gotta catch my deadlift up to my squat
2 scoops is where it's at for me too. The energy and focus last me all day, as I workout early mornings. By the way beasting on those workouts.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Beast-Mode is on buddy! Hell of some great numbers you have, killin it!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, JD! Too bad my upper body numbers are no where comparable lol

That being said..

-Upper

2-Board Bench Press
225x8
235x8
255x8

Neutral Grip Incline DB Press
60x2x15

Pendlay Rows
225x5
245x5
265x5
275x5
225x10

Cable Tricep Pushdowns/Miniband Facepull
90x4x15/Doubled x3x20

Rear Delt Destroyer

Cuban Press/Low Pulley External Rotation

I'm going to be smart. My shoulder is feeling starting to feel better so I'm not going to ruin it. I'll 2-Board press for a bit, then floor press, then I'll work into full ROM bench press. I don't want to risk anything. That being said, it felt nice to get a chest pump again.

2 scoops is where it's at for me. I didn't experience jitters today. Just crisp energy throughout. Pumps were good today as well. It's been a while since I've had a chest pump.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great workout!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks, JD! Too bad my upper body numbers are no where comparable lol

That being said..

-Upper

2-Board Bench Press
225x8
235x8
255x8

Neutral Grip Incline DB Press
60x2x15

Pendlay Rows
225x5
245x5
265x5
275x5
225x10

Cable Tricep Pushdowns/Miniband Facepull
90x4x15/Doubled x3x20

Rear Delt Destroyer

Cuban Press/Low Pulley External Rotation

I'm going to be smart. My shoulder is feeling starting to feel better so I'm not going to ruin it. I'll 2-Board press for a bit, then floor press, then I'll work into full ROM bench press. I don't want to risk anything. That being said, it felt nice to get a chest pump again.

2 scoops is where it's at for me. I didn't experience jitters today. Just crisp energy throughout. Pumps were good today as well. It's been a while since I've had a chest pump.
My upper body numbers are pretty solid. My lower body numbers are somewhere between William Hung and one of the Jonas brothers.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deload Lower
* I'm just doing whatever this week. Letting my body and mind rest and no serious training. New training cycle will start up next week

Vogelphol Pulls (set x rep)
(Bar)225/(SSB)157x6x3

SSB Rear Lunge
157x3x8

GHR
BWx3x15

Reverse Hyper
BWx3x15

Facepulls
x a lot

Vogelphol pulls suck. It makes you realize how important a braced neutral spine is.

Ritual- 1.5 scoops today. I've been slightly sleep deprives from work so it was needed this morning.

http://youtu.be/4zubppgZIp4

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Deload Lower
* I'm just doing whatever this week. Letting my body and mind rest and no serious training. New training cycle will start up next week

Vogelphol Pulls (set x rep)
(Bar)225/(SSB)157x6x3

SSB Rear Lunge
157x3x8

GHR
BWx3x15

Reverse Hyper
BWx3x15

Facepulls
x a lot

Vogelphol pulls suck. It makes you realize how important a braced neutral spine is.

Ritual- 1.5 scoops today. I've been slightly sleep deprives from work so it was needed this morning.

http://youtu.be/4zubppgZIp4
Good lord man. Your routines make mine look like the hip abductor machine. :/

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper

DB Rows
100x10x10

Standing Neutral Grip Dumbell Press
40x3x15

Dumbell Rolling Tricep Extensions
35x20,12,8,6

Barbell Curls
Bar x3xAMRAP

Cuban Press/L-Lateral Raise
45x3x8/15x1x10

Side Lying 45deg Abduction/Side Lying Ext Rot
5x2x15

I feel like crap so I just got in and out as quick as I could. I took 2 scoops of Ritual about 20 minutes before my session. It gave me the motivation to suck it up and lift, regardless of it being a light session or not. Not tingles anymore. The energy is still as good as it was my first few dosings. Solid.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cube-Week 1-Heavy Deads

Warmup
Lax mash+Foam roll
Lateral Hip distraction
KStarr Hip opener
Walking lunge w/ trunk rotation
Side lunge with overhead extension

Set x Rep

Sumo Deadlift, Beltless
135x10(Conventional)
225x5(Conv) x5(Sumo)
315x5(Sumo)
405+80lbs chain x5x2

4" Sumo Block Pull, Beltless
405+120lbs chain x3x3

Spud Strap Suspended SSB GM's
155x5
245x5
295x5
335x5 RPE 10

SSB Rear Lunge
155x3x8

Pullapart series

2 scoops as usual. Consistent energy and no ill effects to report. I'm loving it

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cube-Week 1-Heavy Deads

Warmup
Lax mash+Foam roll
Lateral Hip distraction
KStarr Hip opener
Walking lunge w/ trunk rotation
Side lunge with overhead extension

Set x Rep

Sumo Deadlift, Beltless
135x10(Conventional)
225x5(Conv) x5(Sumo)
315x5(Sumo)
405+80lbs chain x5x2

4" Sumo Block Pull, Beltless
405+120lbs chain x3x3

Spud Strap Suspended SSB GM's
155x5
245x5
295x5
335x5 RPE 10

SSB Rear Lunge
155x3x8

Pullapart series

2 scoops as usual. Consistent energy and no ill effects to report. I'm loving it
Killin' it dude. These routines are intense! I managed to squeeze in the hip abductor machine this morning myself.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another hardcore workout in the books!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys!

Cube-Week 1-Repetition Bench

Bench Press *1/2 foam roller to simulate 2-board strapped to the bar center*
225x3x12

Rodja Rows/Bottoms Up Kettlebell Press
Lights x4x10/30x4x15

Pullapart Series x70 reps

Seated Chest Supported Row
130+Miniband x3x12
150+Miniband x12

Cable Pallof Press
55x2x10

Standing Axle Curls/Anti-Rotation Cable Press
85x4x8/55x2x10

V-Grip Tricep Pushdown/Band Crunches
115+Minibandx5x10/Heavy Blue x4x15

Rear Delt Destroyer
x60, 30, 10

This will be my only upper body day this week. I won't be able to lift over the weekend. I may throw some little stuff in when I squat on a Friday.

2 scoops. This was a very very long session and I maintained stamina and energy through the entire session, jitter free.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 scoops. This was a very very long session and I maintained stamina and energy through the entire session, jitter free.
Sounds like Ritual is doing it's job :D

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like Ritual is doing it's job :D
Very much so!

-Safety Squat Bar Domination-

Warmup
Same shít as always + EFS hip series

SSB Explosive Squat
-Comp stance, Oly Shoes, Knee Sleeve
367x8Sx3R

SSB Foam Box Squat
-Parallel, Sumo, Wrestling shoe, Belt
425x3x8

Suspended SSB Good Mornings
245x2x8
295x10 +Belt
335x12 lol
425x1 too much knee bend
425x1 little less knee band, not satisfied though

Bodyweight lunges + Facepulls

That's all I got. This concludes my Ritual log unfortunetly. I gave 2 scoops to a fellow gym member (I'll let you know what he thinks!) and I spilt a little bit, maybe a scoop or so, so I'm running thin in the bottle here. I'll post up a proper review for you guys tonight! Thanks again!

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Putting in that work with Ritual. Thanks for a great log. Very impressive numbers/routines!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Putting in that work with Ritual. Thanks for a great log. Very impressive numbers/routines!
I promise I'll get a review up soon! lol I haven't had time to sit down and make a thorough entry this weekend.

Thanks again Southpaw and JD for the opportunity