CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
EVOL

genomyx-evol-imgae.jpg

What I am looking for: A solid preworkout that provides clean energy, focus, pumps, endurance, and some strength gains would be nice

Past PreWorkout/Stim Experience: ECA, No Xplode, Cell Mass, Amp v1+2, Shock Therapy, Animal Pump, Redline, Enhanced, Alphamine, Craze, Maximize, Maximize Intense, Jack3d, Jack3d Micro, Jack3d Advanced, Clearshot v1+2, Muscle Marinade, Bullnox, Focus XT, NO Shotgun, and honestly about 1,000 more. I have been taking preworkouts since 2004 so I have tried just about everything under the sun. However, nothing to me has ever been close to 1,3 (except the new clearshot which was even better RIP). Clean energy, no crash, great focus. I am hoping the new Amp in EVOL will match or at least compare to 1,3.

First Impressions: (1 Scoop)

Profile: Profile to me looks great. Solid, proven ingredients with a new novel stim on top that isn't some other form of yohimbe is a great way to start. Only complaints from me are the proprietary blend. Some COP is always a nice addition I like to have but overall this is a very solid looking formula

Taste: I am by no means a fruit punch guy, but this stuff is about as good as fruit punch gets. Tastes very similar to Alphamine so people should love it.

Mixability: Stuff mixes great. 3 spoon swirls was all it required and left no noticeable particles or residue.

Effects: So far this stuff is great. The new stimulant feels identical to 1,3 to me which about the highest compliment I can pay it. It gives me all the same effects in that department. I feel like it might make my heart race a bit more but that could be in my head. Pumps were also great. Started coming on during my warm up sets of bent rows which is my first exercise and by the end of my workout I was definitely carrying some invisible luggage. I have cycled off Agmatine for a while and its definitely good to have it back. No other effects noticed yet.

So far this stuff is very promising. Second workout is tonight

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff man! Loving mine as well!!!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok so last night I was wiped, felt like ass, have a cold, and didnt want to work out. I said screw it, slammed a scoop of EVOL, and went to do some deads and light shoulders. By the time I got to the gym I was feeling great and ready to crush some weights. Focus was on point. This stuff really helps you to ignore all the 130lb dudes in sleeveless shirts showing off their "massive arms" with endless curl routines. I hate commercial gyms.

Anyways, great pump. My shoulders were on fire and I had veins bulging out of my traps which is always welcome. The energy wore off a bit quicker than I would have liked however. Next time I am going to bump up the dosage a bit

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah increase the dosage if needed. I'm at 2 and it's perfect!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In on this one CD. Crush it!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
SO I decided to give one scoop a try one more time. I had a date after my workout so I didn't want to be all cracked out after. I will a little nervous as it was being my first date with this girl. Obviously I did an arm workout before dinner. I had about 30 min to crush them in the gym.

A couple of things I noticed:

-Endurance was great. I was able to hammer out set after set with just 20-30 seconds or so of rest in between sets. I usually take at least a minute
-Pumps were great. My arms were more pumped than they have been in recent memory. Almost as good as hemavol pumps
-Stim factor took awhile to hit me for some reason. I thought it wasn't doing anything then it hit me right at the end of the workout. Not sure why that was as it usually hits pretty fast.

So all in all very happy that pumps and endurance have gotten remarkable better after just 3 workouts. Its early but so far this is easily one of the best new preworkouts I have tried

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SO I decided to give one scoop a try one more time. I had a date after my workout so I didn't want to be all cracked out after. I will a little nervous as it was being my first date with this girl. Obviously I did an arm workout before dinner. I had about 30 min to crush them in the gym.

A couple of things I noticed:

-Endurance was great. I was able to hammer out set after set with just 20-30 seconds or so of rest in between sets. I usually take at least a minute
-Pumps were great. My arms were more pumped than they have been in recent memory. Almost as good as hemavol pumps
-Stim factor took awhile to hit me for some reason. I thought it wasn't doing anything then it hit me right at the end of the workout. Not sure why that was as it usually hits pretty fast.

So all in all very happy that pumps and endurance have gotten remarkable better after just 3 workouts. Its early but so far this is easily one of the best new preworkouts I have tried
Obviously it had to be an arm workout ;)

Glad to hear its working well for you right now! Hemavolish/HighVolumeish pumps? Sign me up!

neddo

neddo

Awards
Up in dyus

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Alright guys I was out of town for 3 days but workouts resume today.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok I was wiped today from practically zero sleep and a lot of drinking over the weekend. I could not to get to the gym until around 8:30 as well. This time I took about 1.25 scoops.

- Energy was great. 30 minutes I went from being half asleep to flying to the gym bobbing my head to my music ready to lift hard. Constantly pacing and moving around between sets
- Endurance continues to improve. I am taking much less time in between sets with no strength or rep drop off
- Pumps continue to be great
- Strength has gone up but that may be due to more consistent workouts. Will keep an eye on this
-Great focus. Really zoned in and really into my music

Also, the heart race issue is not a concern. It has yet to happen again and I feel it certainly does not effect it as much as 1,3. Only concern so far is that one may build a tolerance quickly to AMP. I am not sure this is the case as I feel my starting dose was just a little shy of what I needed. I will keep an eye on this as well

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking good bro. I'm at 2 scoops and love it. So I guess you have a while for build up :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok I was wiped today from practically zero sleep and a lot of drinking over the weekend. I could not to get to the gym until around 8:30 as well. This time I took about 1.25 scoops.

- Energy was great. 30 minutes I went from being half asleep to flying to the gym bobbing my head to my music ready to lift hard. Constantly pacing and moving around between sets
- Endurance continues to improve. I am taking much less time in between sets with no strength or rep drop off
- Pumps continue to be great
- Strength has gone up but that may be due to more consistent workouts. Will keep an eye on this
-Great focus. Really zoned in and really into my music

Also, the heart race issue is not a concern. It has yet to happen again and I feel it certainly does not effect it as much as 1,3. Only concern so far is that one may build a tolerance quickly to AMP. I am not sure this is the case as I feel my starting dose was just a little shy of what I needed. I will keep an eye on this as well
CAT I rep for Genomyx and I haven't even had a chance to try EVOL yet and you are already making it sound like this is going to be the only preworkout I'll need. All the effects you felt described what I need personally. I hate the heart racing issue as it can be a detriment to lifting a lot of reps in a given set, such as the AMRAP set in 5/3/1. I suffered from this using Stimul8 but I'm hoping EVOL can alleviate that situation!

Keep at it man sounds like things are going great!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looking good bro. I'm at 2 scoops and love it. So I guess you have a while for build up :)
Exactly. Not too mention when it is revised I might not even need a whole scoop.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
CAT I rep for Genomyx and I haven't even had a chance to try EVOL yet and you are already making it sound like this is going to be the only preworkout I'll need. All the effects you felt described what I need personally. I hate the heart racing issue as it can be a detriment to lifting a lot of reps in a given set, such as the AMRAP set in 5/3/1. I suffered from this using Stimul8 but I'm hoping EVOL can alleviate that situation!

Keep at it man sounds like things are going great!
Stuff should fit your needs perfectly then. I really didn't expect my endurance to improve so quickly but it definitely has and it certainly is not placebo. I almost always require a minute of rest between sets to recover fully and now a lot of sets I only take 30-45 seconds between sets. with no noticeable strength drop off. I will be firing up another round of 5/3/1 soon with it as well

Stimul8 has yohimbe if I am not mistaken so that is definitely not good for heart rate with a lot of people. Yohimbe makes me scared to even work out on it since my heart races so bad

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stuff should fit your needs perfectly then. I really didn't expect my endurance to improve so quickly but it definitely has and it certainly is not placebo. I almost always require a minute of rest between sets to recover fully and now a lot of sets I only take 30-45 seconds between sets. with no noticeable strength drop off. I will be firing up another round of 5/3/1 soon with it as well

Stimul8 has yohimbe if I am not mistaken so that is definitely not good for heart rate with a lot of people. Yohimbe makes me scared to even work out on it since my heart races so bad
Well as soon as I read "kept pacing in between sets" I knew this was something I had to get my hands on lol. I'm always finding myself running off to the water fountain only to come back and sit down for a few minutes before moving on to the next set. This subsequently makes for a longer workout, which in turns makes for a more pissed off wife lol. I need something that can keep up with my demand and EVOL sounds like it fits the bill.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
ITs that time of the week. Deadlift. Some pretty awesome videos I found

[video=youtube;YL6fhzLX17k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL6fhzLX17k[/video]

[video=youtube;FK_LQtc0ALQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FK_LQtc0ALQ[/video]

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Also, it is worth noting that I spent about 2 hours talking myself into not going to the gym, that I needed to rest, etc...

1.25 scoops of EVOL and those videos later and I am about to blow the ****ing doors off this place.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok hit a short but sweet workout today.

Deadlifts: Worked up to sets of 405

Leg Press: Worked up to 8 plates on each side (I never use the leg press so I have no idea how much weight that counts as) for sets of 20

Lots of ab work

I had to take about 2 years off consistent deadlifting due to my shoulder problems. This is my 3rd week back so hopefully I can hit the 500 mark pretty quickly before I cycle (old max was around 550). I am also taking a break from squats due to a weird sharp pain in the back of my knee when I break parallel. It is almost completely gone but I don't want to rush it. I also decided that leg press hurts the rest of my knees 100x more than squats and I think it is a joke compared to them. I don't feel anything drastic in my legs and after squats I can't even walk.

That being said EVOL really came through tonight. I went from sitting on my ass to wanting to tear weights apart in a matter of 30 minutes. 1.25 scoops seems to be my sweet spot.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok hit a short but sweet workout today. Deadlifts: Worked up to sets of 405 Leg Press: Worked up to 8 plates on each side (I never use the leg press so I have no idea how much weight that counts as) for sets of 20 Lots of ab work I had to take about 2 years off consistent deadlifting due to my shoulder problems. This is my 3rd week back so hopefully I can hit the 500 mark pretty quickly before I cycle (old max was around 550). I am also taking a break from squats due to a weird sharp pain in the back of my knee when I break parallel. It is almost completely gone but I don't want to rush it. I also decided that leg press hurts the rest of my knees 100x more than squats and I think it is a joke compared to them. I don't feel anything drastic in my legs and after squats I can't even walk. That being said EVOL really came through tonight. I went from sitting on my ass to wanting to tear weights apart in a matter of 30 minutes. 1.25 scoops seems to be my sweet spot.
Yeah injuries really made me re-think training :/ I don't go near as heavy as I used to. Still see gains just up the reps. Works for me but I know everyone is different. Looking good man!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So EVOL can also be used to motivate oneself into getting in the gym? LOL I'm liking that!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So EVOL can also be used to motivate oneself into getting in the gym? LOL I'm liking that!
Haha yeah man every so often I won't be feeling it especially when I get off work late. Swallow some EVOL and turn on some music and you will change your mind very fast

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
It hits you hard and fast. Iv been using it for a few days now. Today I was exhausted and unmotivated... Drank 2 scoops and 20 minutes later I was amped up and ready to go

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It hits you hard and fast. Iv been using it for a few days now. Today I was exhausted and unmotivated... Drank 2 scoops and 20 minutes later I was amped up and ready to go
I can't imagine 2 scoops. I would be flipping over cars in the parking lot

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So once again I had an extremely rushed arm workout. Literally the most rest I got between sets was walking to different dumbbells/pieces of equipment. Drops sets on the final set of each exercise.

Tricep Pressdowns, Alt. Dummbell curls, Lying DB Tricep Extensions, EZ bar Reverse Curls, Reverse Grip Pressdowns, Preachers.

I have been getting sick and run down at work. I have also averaged 4 hours of sleep a night this week so my workout was not great as to be expected. Energy was top notch as were pumps. Strength was a little lacking at first but I definitely seemed to get stronger throughout the workout. Overall, I am pleased with EVOLs performance today especially considering I would not have even made it to the gym without a boost.

Also, I worked until 3am last night and had a conference with my boss and our companies CEO this morning. I was half dead when I woke up. On the way out the door I threw a scoop and a half of EVOL in my mouth and chased it with water. 30 min later I am in the conference answering every question they fired away perfectly. They noted that they were impressed with how on top of things I was and they were the ones dragging drinking endless coffee haha. So needless to say it saved me this morning. Sitting here now not wired but with good energy even after a huge lunch

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok been slammed the past few days. Had a back workout last night. I kind of have been liking the change of pace during my arm workouts so I decided to speed up my back workouts as well.

Bent Rows 5x5
Hammer Strength 1 Arm Rows 4x10 drop set last set
Seated Cable Rows: 3x10 drop set last set
Neutral Grip Pull Downs 3x20
DB rows 1x10
Straight Arm Pull Downs 2x20

Took 1.25 scoops again. Seems to be pretty good. This or 1.5 is my sweet spot depending on how much of a kick in the ass I need. Great pumps especially with the volume. I was pumped for a good 4-5 hours after my workout. My new girl was not used to all the veins. I think it kind of freaked her out haha. strength is climbing. I have added more reps to all my Rows and I maxed out the seated row machine for the first time at this new gym. Still really enjoying this stuff. As of right now, I honestly do not see another Pre I would purchase over this at this point and will be buying a tub once this runs out

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I hit a deadlift and shoulder workout Christmas eve. Pretty stoke with the results. I pulled 500 for the first time in about a year so it looks like I am back on the road to 600.

Pumps, energy, focus, and endurance were all great once again. The only problem is I am going to have to up the dosage to this again. That seems to be the only drawback to EVOL is that a tolerance is built relatively quick to the AMP. However, AMP is probably my favorite stim on the market currently so thats a small price to pay. The effects do not diminish, it just takes a bit more to get there. On my way to the gym now for arms. I will post feedback after

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sorry guys been sick as a dog. Have some work to catch up on and I will update everything this evening

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sorry guys been sick as a dog. Have some work to catch up on and I will update everything this evening
Same here. On amoxicillin now. Can't breathe easy just sitting here. I have a few more servings so will pick up in a few days when I bounce back. Feel better man.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Same here. On amoxicillin now. Can't breathe easy just sitting here. I have a few more servings so will pick up in a few days when I bounce back. Feel better man.
Thanks man. Unfortunately, after that post I took a nap only to wake up with a 102.7 fever. Finally feeling better and hitting the gym today.

[video=youtube;ISOhGcVPcLw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISOhGcVPcLw[/video]

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So I went in to do shoulders, arms, and some abs. Shockingly, my strength had not dropped off at all after being so sick. I was actually even stronger. I was cruising through sets doing more reps and sets and I have done in recent weeks. I was pretty shocked. Pumps were pretty nuts. I had some invisible luggage going on. Only bad thing was that my traps were painfully pumped the rest of the day making my neck kill. I had to lay down to watch the Sugar Bowl because it hurt to hold my head up haha.

Only bad thing was that I have had to bump up the dosage to just over one and half a scoops. That is nothing too crazy considering I started at just one but it has definitely built up a slight tolerance even with a week or so off. It is a pretty small complain to an overall great product though

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hit some back yesterday morning. Took 1.5 scoops and headed to meet my old workout partner.

Nothing much new to report but that is a good thing. Strength has continued to increase over these hard workouts. Endurance increases as well. My workout partner actually commented that he was surprised I was able to keep up. Although I am stronger, he is able to fly through workouts and I get too fatigued to keep up. I was right behind him on every set yesterday.

Pumps were also much more intense yesterday as well.

Still very satisfied with this stuff. I will be purchasing another tub when they release the double amp formula

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hit some back yesterday morning. Took 1.5 scoops and headed to meet my old workout partner.

Nothing much new to report but that is a good thing. Strength has continued to increase over these hard workouts. Endurance increases as well. My workout partner actually commented that he was surprised I was able to keep up. Although I am stronger, he is able to fly through workouts and I get too fatigued to keep up. I was right behind him on every set yesterday.

Pumps were also much more intense yesterday as well.

Still very satisfied with this stuff. I will be purchasing another tub when they release the double amp formula

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff man. I will also be buying a tub of the new one :)

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
SO I have had 2 workouts since my last update. The first was deadlifts. Deadlifts I never usually train above 3 to 5 reps so my 1rep max is very high but my rep endurance is ****ty. I went back to 5/3/1 this week and so my deadlifts for the first wave are pretty high repped. My stamina was much better than expected which is good. The bad was that the awesome pumps EVOL gives are horrible for deads. My lower back was so pumped I could barely even walk.

I have had to up the dosage to just over a scoop and a half. The extra Agmatine is making me blow up in workouts. During my arm workout last night an itch developed on my neck. My arms were so pumped that I could not reach it to save my life. I looked like an idiot gorilla trying to reach it. The look one girl was giving me was priceless.

Everything is still going great. Still love everything about this product except that the tolerance builds more quickly to it than other pre's

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah the pumps are there for sure! Looking good man!!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Once again guys not a whole lot new to report other than I bumped up to 2 scoops for the hell of it. Energy and Focus were awesome without ever getting uncomfortable or jittery. It also did not keep me up all night or give me any stim dick when I went to the ladies house straight from the gym.

Pumps were massive with two scoops. The last back workout I had left me practically immobile from pumps. Endurance continues to improve. Volume and reps have yet to cease increasing which is great.

Still loving this stuff. Still fully endorse it

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok guys been forever since I updated. Been working 16 hour days and things have been crazy. Also, not much new to report. I am almost done with my tub of EVOL. Probably a few more workouts left.

Same great energy and focus
Great pumps
Great Endurance
Strength continues to slowly climb
Vascularity and Pumps last a few hours after workouts

I also have been making a ton of long road trips and late nights working until 4am on this and then getting up at 6 the next day to hit it again. EVOL has been a godsend for those days. 2 hours of sleep + 2 scoops of EVOL = great focus and concentration for at least a couple of hours in surgery

Other notable mentions: I have not had to increase my dose again. Seems like I hit a certain ceiling where it continues to work just as good each workout which is great. Sweet spot is currently around 1.5-2 scoops depending on how crazy my day is and how drained I am.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Final Review

Taste: 8.5/10. I am not much a fruit punch fan. That being said, this is definitely one of the better fruit punches on the market. Very similar to Alphamine and very good.

Mixablility: 10/10 Mixes perfectly in seconds with spoon. No issues here

Energy/Focus: 9/10 Great energy and focus. Probably my second favorite stim I have tried since 1,3 behind the new Clearshot which is discontinued so needless to say this is my favorite stim out. Very similar to 1,3 with its own unique properties. Takes a bit longer to kick in (I would say about 30-45 minutes) and also does not have any of the stim dick issues. Very smooth energy with no jitters, anxiety, racing heart, etc. It is also much more forgiving than most stims if you take too high a dose. Energy is great. It gives a great pick me up and a nice aggression with higher doses. Not only that, the energy is very focused. None of the cracked out scatterbrain. I really enjoyed the new AMP stim. My only knocks against it are that it was not as long lasting and the tolerance builds somewhat quickly although that seemed to level off. Otherwise, it would have been a 10

Endurance: 9/10 I noticed increased endurance within the first week. I was able to do more sets, with more reps, and less rest in between my sets. By the end of this tub, my rest between sets had been reduced in half sometimes more. I was also stronger at the end of my workouts than I was before.

Pumps: 9/10 Pumps were awesome. I never have a problem with pumps and usually have awesome ones regardless. However, when taking 1.5 scoops of EVOL, they would be borderline painful. Pumps lasted much longer after workouts as well. Pumps were close to what I got with Hemavol which is a great thing to be compared to. This has been the most agmatine I have taken during workouts and I definitely enjoyed it.

Value: 8.5/10 You are not paying a whole lot for great ingredients. However, I feel some stim tolerant users will need 2 scoops which will cut the servings in half. Once they double the AMP content, this will change.

Overall: 9/10 Really enjoyed EVOL. Great ingredient profile, great energy, increased endurance, and awesome pumps. I have already ordered an additional tub if that tells you anything. Definitely a much better alternative to these pixie dusted caffiene heavy blends or anything containing garbage yohimbe. Probably my favorite pre on the market right now. I was a big fan of 1,3 and I feel anyone who liked 1,3 will enjoy this. Even if you did not like 1,3, I feel you should give this a try because it is unique on its own and doesn't have any of the 1,3 sides that I noticed. Big thanks to everyone at Genomyx for letting me try this and props on releasing an awesome Preworkout with a great new stim.