ArA Stack Log. (Unsponsored)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ArA/Glycophase/Anabeta Log

Hello everyone. I am logging my run of ArA with some other goodies. I am doing the Madcow 5x5 Workout Program. I am mainly training for strength gains. I workout with an intermittent fasting style because of time constraints and convenience. This is probably the heaviest stack I've ever run.

My Stats:
5'11.5
Starting Weight: 195 lbs
Week 6 Weigh In: 198 lbs
Week 12 Weigh In: 204 lbs

Pre-workout:
ArA (1.5g)
SNS ALCAR (2g)
Scivation Xtend (1 scoop)

Other Supplements:
iForce Hemavol (Weeks 1-12. Ran out on Week 12)
Creatine (5g) on Workout Days
SNS Glycophase
PES Anabeta

I have discontinued my Fish Oil and Multivitamin (it has Glucomasine in it).

Week 1-7 (ArA only)
------------------------
+45 lbs Deadlift, +15 lbs Bench Press, +30 lbs Barbell Row, +15 lbs Squat, +15 lbs Overhead Press

Weeks 8-12 (ArA + Anabeta)
------------------------
+20 lbs Deadlift, +10 lbs Squat, +10 lbs Bench Press, +5 lbs Overhead Press, +10 Barbell Row

Overall Gains (Weeks 1-12)
-------------------------
+65 lbs Deadlift, +25 lbs Bench Press, +40 lbs Barbell Row, +25 lbs Squat, +20 Overhead Press

Over a 12 week span, I felt these were good results. I gained a bit of weight toward the end probably due to my monster carb cravings, but strength was definitely up there. I had some inconveniences/mishaps along the way, but in the end, I really like this stack and definitely recommend it to anyone who wants size or strength.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hit an extra 5 lbs on all of my lifts so far. Small PR's, but I guess I'm reacting to ArA pretty quickly.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
when did you first start this log? im following. Im using ArA ( X Gels) with Anabeta and Endosurge Turbo. Got my log going here on AM as well.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started last Sunday (Dec 1). Been dosing 1.5g ArA the entire time from the start. Tempted to up it to 2g cause right now, I can sort of handle the DOMS I've been getting and my joints are okay.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going to up the dose next week to 2g just to test it out.

Also, do X-Gels cause a little bit of hunger (more appetite)? Seems like I can eat more lately.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Going to up the dose next week to 2g just to test it out.

Also, do X-Gels cause a little bit of hunger (more appetite)? Seems like I can eat more lately.
Man I've been getting stomach cramps because of hunger the past few days

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I just ate a monster meal a few minutes ago. This stuff is making me hungry, haha.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Starting Week 3. 2 scoops of Hemavol and 1.75g ArA starts today. I might change the dosing back down if it's too much :D

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good workout today. Adding an extra .25g of ArA and an extra scoop of Hemavol makes the pumps insane. I'm not really in it for the pump, but more to increase the effectiveness of the stack. I think I can hit a PR on my squats/bench press/barbell rows (or at least some of them) for sure next workout.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm running at 1g but may go up to 1.25 and see what happens from there

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good workout today. Adding an extra .25g of ArA and an extra scoop of Hemavol makes the pumps insane. I'm not really in it for the pump, but more to increase the effectiveness of the stack. I think I can hit a PR on my squats/bench press/barbell rows (or at least some of them) for sure next workout.
Awesome ! It sounds like its already paying off for you!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was Deadlift/OHP day. OHP still remains the same, and a 10lb PR on my Deadlift. Although my deadlift has always been relatively weak compared to what it should be. Now we'll see this Friday if I hit any new PR's on my other lifts.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got a couple of PR's today and updated my original post. This stuff is awesome. I might get another two bottles and make this a 16 week run.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice log .. i havent noticed too much on my appetite increase, but ill keep an eye on it .. starting my xgels sunday

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My appetite started increasing the more I've been on it. The great thing is that even though I'm eating more I don't seem to be gaining fat. I'm maintaining weight and gaining strength.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My appetite started increasing the more I've been on it. The great thing is that even though I'm eating more I don't seem to be gaining fat. I'm maintaining weight and gaining strength.
I'm starting to notice the same

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gotta say, yesterday's set of benches/rows felt pretty light to me but I'm still being on the safe side and slowly doing +5 lbs. I only felt confident to do more weight on my Dead Lift because my Dead Lift #'s have always sucked. Hopefully I keep setting new PR's this week. This stuff feels pretty good.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another good workout today. Today was Squat/Bench/Pendlay Row day. Managed to do last week's PR's with minimal breaks in between (2-3 mins as opposed to 4-5 mins). This stuff seems to have really boosted my self confidence. I think this Weds/Friday will lead to more PR's :)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Another good workout today. Today was Squat/Bench/Pendlay Row day. Managed to do last week's PR's with minimal breaks in between (2-3 mins as opposed to 4-5 mins). This stuff seems to have really boosted my self confidence. I think this Weds/Friday will lead to more PR's :)
In for this!

Let us know how many PR's you hit this week.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well today sucks. I forgot that the gym doesn't open until later and closes early so I can't go to the gym today. Oh boy. Guess the deadlifts/OHP will have to wait until another day/week. Hoping to hit more Squat/Bench Press/Barbell Row PR's this Thursday though.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well today sucks. I forgot that the gym doesn't open until later and closes early so I can't go to the gym today. Oh boy. Guess the deadlifts/OHP will have to wait until another day/week. Hoping to hit more Squat/Bench Press/Barbell Row PR's this Thursday though.
Some additional recovery and relaxation may potentiate those lifts next session anyways man.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thats always a pain, we had to change up our schedule and do an AM lift as ours closed early today. It was a mad house in there, absolutely packed with everybody trying to get their workout in! Happy Holidays guys!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always lift at around 5 am because thats what my schedule permits. The gym's hours today were from 8am to 2 pm. My full time job starts me at 8 and ends at 4:30....so there was no way for me to do anything today. Oh well. I'll be sure to smash Thursday's workout.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I always lift at around 5 am because thats what my schedule permits. The gym's hours today were from 8am to 2 pm. My full time job starts me at 8 and ends at 4:30....so there was no way for me to do anything today. Oh well. I'll be sure to smash Thursday's workout.
We have a very similar schedule. I'm usually up and out the door by 5AM. Fasted lifts >

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man I wish I could train that early. I have to have calories in me before I go or I feel so weak

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whew. Today was MEGA BULKING MODE, hahaha. Good old Christmas festivities.....must have had at least 5000 calories. Tomorrow's workout should hopefully be "good" since I'm carb'd up out of my mind, haha.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Whew. Today was MEGA BULKING MODE, hahaha. Good old Christmas festivities.....must have had at least 5000 calories. Tomorrow's workout should hopefully be "good" since I'm carb'd up out of my mind, haha.
Put the glycogen stores to use... That's my plan at least.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PRs on all my lifts done today. Success! I feel like I can add even more weight but I am sticking to the slow and sure progressive overload of the program

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
PRs on all my lifts done today. Success! I feel like I can add even more weight but I am sticking to the slow and sure progressive overload of the program
Great news! Congrats man. Way to put X-Gels to the test.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just updated my original post with a summary of Weeks 1-4 and some notes/comments. I am going to actually be running this for 16 weeks which will be around 50 workouts as recommended. Starting Week 5 I am going to try having a different amount of calories to test it out some more (I was aiming for 2700-3100 before. I'll try for 2400-2700 now)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Because of the holiday schedule, I have to change my workout schedule to be a bit weird this week. Since I don't want to miss another Deadlift/OHP day, I have made today Deadlift/OHP day, then I'll also be working out on Monday and Thursday so my schedule will somewhat normalize. Anyways, more PR's on Deadlift/OHP today. +5 lb PR on the OHP, +10 lb PR on the Deadlift.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Because of the holiday schedule, I have to change my workout schedule to be a bit weird this week. Since I don't want to miss another Deadlift/OHP day, I have made today Deadlift/OHP day, then I'll also be working out on Monday and Thursday so my schedule will somewhat normalize. Anyways, more PR's on Deadlift/OHP today. +5 lb PR on the OHP, +10 lb PR on the Deadlift.
Very impressive man. OHP is certainly a difficult lift to progress on. Adding 10 to a deadlift in one session is impressive as well. Do you feel you could have added even more weight?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To be fair, my Deadlift is not as strong as it should be so that is why I think I am progressing quite fast. I wasn't confident today since it felt like I haven't deadlifted in forever, but surprisingly enough, I did +10 lbs more than awhile back and I felt like I could do more today once I finished the workset. As for the OHP, I agree. This lift is by far my slowest progression ever, even on ArA.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you cut in the future, I think you'll notice that OHP is the one that you'll drop strength wise as well - at least that's what I've experienced.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not that this has anything to do with this log currently, I was thinking of stacking Anabeta with my ArA for the later weeks (8-16) but this stuff has been pretty effective on it's own that I don't really know if it's worth it. I planned on cutting afterwards, so I wonder if I should use Anabeta on a cut and I wonder if I'll still get the benefits.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Not that this has anything to do with this log currently, I was thinking of stacking Anabeta with my ArA for the later weeks (8-16) but this stuff has been pretty effective on it's own that I don't really know if it's worth it. I planned on cutting afterwards, so I wonder if I should use Anabeta on a cut and I wonder if I'll still get the benefits.
I would I for AnaBeta on a bulk and AnaBeta Elite on a cut.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well along with Anabeta, I picked up SNS Glycophase so I'll be waiting on that. Is Glycophase good to go with regards to pre-bed dosing? I plan on using one before my mid-day meal (I eat a crapload of carbs for this one) and pre-bed. Still not sure when I'll decide to try Anabeta as I want to see the effects of ArA

Anyways, as for today's workout, it's just to see if I can keep up the PR I set before. Thursday will be "attempted" PR day for my Squats/Bench/Rows

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Glad to hear you're giving GlycoPhase a go! Per usual, I'd stick to the label directions at first and try out using it wrote your biggest carb meals outside of the post workout windo.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just finished working out today with a few problems. I noticed after my PR OHP session I had a slight pain in my hands (between my palm/thumb). It wasn't enough to interfere with daily activities, but it botched my session today. It was okay during Rows, but during Squats/Bench it was a pain.

I made it through the Squat/Row sets for my PRs, but by the time I got to my bench press, I was flinching in pain even on my warm ups. I managed to do all of my sets of Bench today, except my last one. I only managed 4 reps of the heavy weight instead of 5, but I still think I can hit a PR this week if I rest my hand enough. During my bench, I spent a lot more time under tension because I didn't have the power to put it up fast (due to my weakened forearm grip/MMC/pain, whichever it was) which led to me being fatigued by the last rep but I still put them all up with good form. Anyways, I'm ranting. We'll see what happens on Thursday...this week's schedule is thrown off anyway (I'm doing the days in a different order specifically for this week) but I'm doing the best I can with it.

I'll follow the Glycophase instructions, but have there been reports of trying it pre-bed? I used to use Slin Sane V2 before bed and had AWESOME sleep.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hand injuries are tough ones. Not many lifts where your hands aren't a factor.

I know Mw1 is a fan of the pre-bed dosing. Maybe he can chime in.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you cut in the future, I think you'll notice that OHP is the one that you'll drop strength wise as well - at least that's what I've experienced.
Multi joint/compound lifts seem to drop the most for me as well when cutting.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm hoping to retain strength on my cut. I've got a pretty comprehensive stack planned for it. I've never stacked this "expensively" before. :D

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm hoping to retain strength on my cut. I've got a pretty comprehensive stack planned for it. I've never stacked this "expensively" before. :D
Lol, don't forget to consume adequate protein as well.