SNS Focus Stack FocusXT Alcar and Glucuronolactone

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Check them out here:
http://www.seriousnutritionsolutions.com/products/

Thanks to my beard genetics, I have the pleasure of taking this stack for a ride since I got second in SNS' Noshavember promo.

Focus XT Summary of Benefits:

Improved Mental Focus, Concentration, Clarity, and Alertness
Improved Mental Performance, Memory, & Cognitive Function
Maximized Energy Levels
Improved Stress Levels
Improved Athletic Endurance, Drive, and Motivation
Improved Ability to Train More Intensely for Longer Periods of Time
Improved Sense of Well Being
Pre-Workout or Pre-Athletic Energy and Focus
Improved Mind-Muscle Connection
Combating Overtraining Syndrome
Increased Fat Burning During Exercise

ALCAR-500 is Commonly Used For:

Fat Loss*
Stress Reduction & Mood Enhancement*
Decreased Muscular Fatigue*
Improved Recovery*
Hearing & Visual Function*
Cardiovascular Support*
Immune Support*
Cognitive Support (Improved Memory, Learning Capacity, Mental Focus & Alertness)*

GLUCURONOLACTONE
Energy, Mental Alertness, & Cognitive Function*
Glucuronolactone caps contain 500 mg per capsule.

Glucuronolactone caps can be used by people needing improved energy, mental alertness, and cognitive function for school, work, or other aspects of daily life. It can be used by athletes or weight trainers prior to working out or events. Glucuronolactone caps can be used daily or as needed.

Glucuronolactone is a natural metabolite of glucose and helps regulate the formation of glycogen. Since it helps protect glycogen stores and their syntheses, it is considered an ergogenic aid that can help with athletic & exercise performance and recovery. It also may help remove metabolites that could potentially be hepatotoxic (liver damaging).

Glucuronolactone is commonly seen included in many store bought energy drinks. It is also contained in many ergogenic aids, and pre-workout supplements. Serious Nutrition Solutions Glucuronolactone caps allow for versatile dosing and can be used anytime for cents per capsule versus a couple of bucks for an energy drink (many of which only contain trivial amounts to begin with).

Dosing regiment
I will follow label dosing so I can check out what this stuff is about.

Alcar 1 tablet 3xday
glucur. 2 tablet 3xday
Focus XT 1 scoop pre workout

Other supps.
Vit. D 1 pill 1xday
Now ultra omega 3 1 pill 2xday
Creatine 5g. Post workout
BCAA preworkout, currently Formutech Endurance
Protein as needed

Diet
3000 calories
100 F 263 C 263 P
Split in 5 meals.

Weight 236 this morning, 240 @ gym
Height 6'3"

I train for powerlifting, I am 15 weeks out from a meet. Using the Juggernaut Method, training 4 days a week.

Looking forward to the extreme focus from these products, good recovery, and maybe lose a little fat.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I'm on third day of alcar and gluc.. I missed third dose last night due to my work's Christmas party. What I've noticed is an increase in focus especially after taking. I catch myself just staring off and thinking about stuff. I'm beating those candy crush levels too. I'm on 398 :D
As far as my training, I have not taken anything that compares to the focus I got from Focus XT. I was able to focus on every form cue while still focusing on the target muscle. It was awesome and I had a great session. I used Endurance preworkout and while warming up and I think it paired extremely well with the Focus xt. Training below.
The Juggernaut method refers to the sets and reps for the main lift and I more or less follow the prescribed accessory lifts. I am in week 8 of the first cycle.

Juggernaut intensification phase
5s wave

Bench press
165x2 180x2 195x5/5/5/8

Pendlay row
165x2 180x2 195x5/5/5/8

Dips @ gym weight 240
10/10/10

Incline bench press
100x8/8/8/8/8

Preacher curls, super light, slow negatives
4 sets

Tbar rows
90x20/13

Cable ab curls
150x20/13

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I'm on third day of alcar and gluc.. I missed third dose last night due to my work's Christmas party. What I've noticed is an increase in focus especially after taking. I catch myself just staring off and thinking about stuff. I'm beating those candy crush levels too. I'm on 398 :D
As far as my training, I have not taken anything that compares to the focus I got from Focus XT. I was able to focus on every form cue while still focusing on the target muscle. It was awesome and I had a great session. I used Endurance preworkout and while warming up and I think it paired extremely well with the Focus xt. Training below.
The Juggernaut method refers to the sets and reps for the main lift and I more or less follow the prescribed accessory lifts. I am in week 8 of the first cycle.

5s wave

Bench press
165x2 180x2 195x5/5/5/8

Pendlay row
165x2 180x2 195x5/5/5/8

Dips @ gym weight 240
10/10/10

Incline bench press
100x8/8/8/8/8

Preacher curls, super light, slow negatives
4 sets

Tbar rows
90x20/13

Cable ab curls
150x20/13
Nice workout.

Btw, level 398? I think im stuck around 70. Wtf?

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In!

Sounding good thus far, and good luck with training, I compete too if you have any questions.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Still following dosing protocol I outlined above. I am normally a calm person but I think this stack makes me calmer and more relaxed. Had an amazing 2 PR session that normally has me destroyed, but I felt pretty ok. I was able to walk around have a conversation, make food, get a shower, and felt pretty good. The endurance BCAA I'm using is pretty good and it works better the more you use it, but this felt a little different. Hard to explain. When I woke up I felt like I got hit by a truck but I'm pretty good currently. Training below.

Juggernaut realization phase
5s wave

Squat, lowbar, beltless

220x5 260x3 305x2 325x1 350x1 325x1
370x5 PR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pMIpnqHitY

Front squat
135x5 185x8/8/8

Rack pull from knee + Powershrug, reset each rep.
135x10 225x10 315x10 straps on 405x10 belt on 495x10 straps off versa gripps on
585x5

Rack pull from knee for fun
635x1 PR

Edit: I just noticed Alcar increases mood and reduces stress and fatigue lol.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting workout regimen. FXT definitely should help you stay focused and get through those grueling compound lifts.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Still following dosing above. I really like the alcar glucuronolactone combo. I have a lot less stress, I am calmer and more relaxed. I am able to think clearly and am pretty focused throughout the day.

I'm super proud of the work I put in Monday but I was trashed for Tuesday.

Juggernaut realization phase (Tuesday)
5s wave

Strict press
85x5 100x3 115x2 125x1 130x1 125x1 140x5

Superset with underhand chins
3/4/3/4/3/3/2/3/3

Dips
Wasn't feeling dips at all. No dips

BTN press
85x8/8/8

Superset with tricep push downs
110x12/12/12

Preacher curls and light dumbbell press for reps as a finisher.

Took it easy on chins and cutout dips. Next time. I'm glad I hit minimum reps on press. Let's face it though, this whole press training day is just assistance work anyway.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Focus XT really shined for me today. I've recently changed my form to getting my hips lower, moving my feet about 2" behind bar, and making sure arms have no slack. I focused on perfect deadlift reps and my body delivered. The 430 reps are a beltless PR.

Juggernut realization phase
5s wave

Deadlift, no belt, double overhand, every rep a dead stop reset.

255x5 305x3 355x2 380x1 405x1 380x1 versa gripps on 430x6

Over/under
430x1/1/1/1

Paused front squats
135x3/8/9

Wide stance good mornings, slow slow negative
135x5/5/5

DB side bends
90x8/8

Those deadlifts were awesome! Felt so good even with no belt. I am extremely pleased with my form.

On a sidenote I gave my wife a 1/2 scoop Focus XT before her workout. She is doing a Bret Contreras routine. She said it tasted like crushed up smarties, and it gave her lots of energy. I asked her if she felt more focused but she shrugged and said "I duuno." (She's never had a preworkout before lol)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
In for this ride. I'm a big fan of this stack. Glucuronolactone is underrated for sure.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Update time.

So I gave my wife another full scoop focus xt before her hardest final. She said she was alert, and was quickly able to recall information. She was able to retain a lot of the stuff she studied before walking into the test. I'm freaking jealous! Wish I had this stuff to take back when I was in college taking calculus and Organic Chemistry mid terms and finals!

Training below and then some product updates.

Had the grand idea to do bench press and tris, and back and bis the next day but I trashed the hell out of my chest and tris and had an uber stressful experience that night and the next morning so I didn't do back and bis.

5s wave

Bench press all paused
125x5 150x3 175x2 190x1 200x1 190x1
215x5 almost 6

Touch and go bench press
135x15 95x22/10

Incline Bench Press
95x12/12/12

Lying tricep extension ( tricep murder)
40x40/30/20/10

Took only the Focus XT with some BCAA preworkout. Wish I had taken some sort of pump product but I just made my own pump with the power of my body. Loved the form focus I had for bench press, my worst lift.

Glucuronolactone and Alcar:
I really like this stuff. It keeps me low stress, calm, and really improved my mood! I've been taking the full label dosage every day. As for fat loss I dunno. My diet is pretty on point so it may be doing something I dunno, @19%ish bf no way of knowing. My all day focus is good and I don't have any side affects.

Question for reps or those following. What kind of preworkouts can you stack with focus xt? A lot of preworkouts have some sort of focus aspect so Im unsure what is good to stack with it or if that is ok. As for a pump only product, I tried a max pump sample with it but was unimpressed. I respond well to the sns agmatine alot better than the betaine only maxx pump.

Reactions: mw1
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Extensive update! Yeah, I took Focus XT throughout college. Awesome stuff. Great mood boosting effects before tests but more importantly I was able to recall a much more high percentage of stuff I previously studied. If she thinks the acute effects are good, she should try using it for a prolonged timeframe (2-3 months). Unbelievable.

I think an awesome pump product to stack with Focus XT is Agmatine. SNS offers the 100g tub as well which is great for stocking up. I don't have to tell you how long that will last with just 1g daily. :p

Some will add Cit. Mal as well (either in conjunction with Agmatine or alone).

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have added stim-free Focus XT to any pre-wo's lacking nootropics, ex: Condense + FXT.

Or take a stim-free pre-wo and add it to stimmed FXT.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Extensive update! Yeah, I took Focus XT throughout college. Awesome stuff. Great mood boosting effects before tests but more importantly I was able to recall a much more high percentage of stuff I previously studied. If she thinks the acute effects are good, she should try using it for a prolonged timeframe (2-3 months). Unbelievable.

I think an awesome pump product to stack with Focus XT is Agmatine. SNS offers the 100g tub as well which is great for stocking up. I don't have to tell you how long that will last with just 1g daily. :p

Some will add Cit. Mal as well (either in conjunction with Agmatine or alone).
Citrulline Malate and Agmatine are my go to pump products as well

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Double training update. Still taking glucuronolactone 2 pills 3x daily, and Alcar 1 pill 3x daily. I kind of believe this stuff does improve recovery. See after training.

Juggernaut accumulation phase
3s wave

Strict Press
125x3/3/3/3/3/3/8
Yay. Awesome last set.

Superset with underhand chin ups
5/4/3/1/3/2/2/2/3/3

Dips@gym weight 241
5/7/6/5

BTN press
90x8/6/4

DB press
30x15/8/5

Triceps still not healed. Hit shoulders real good.

3s wave

Squat, low bar, beltless
325x3/3/3/3/3/3/4

Rack pull + Powershrug
135x10 225x10 straps on
315x10 405x10 belt on
495x10 versa gripps on straps off
585x6 PR

Rack Pull (24.5 inches to bottom of bar, just above knee)
635x2/1 PR!

Squats extra tough, have some stomach queezyness. Couldn't brace properly.

Shrugs went amazing, all reps had a definite shrug, so form PR.

So usually these rack pull and Powershrug combos destroy my lower back and scapular area. I literally have no soreness in either of those areas. Legs had some slight DOMS but not really. I'm ready to deadlift tomorrow!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
ALCAR could very well indirectly positively impact recovery time through increasing free testosterone. Cognitively still feeling good?

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
ALCAR could very well indirectly positively impact recovery time through increasing free testosterone. Cognitively still feeling good?
Yes. I feel a focus when I'm fresh after taking the combo. But after many hours I think it wears off. I was trying to recall some information the other day and I went blank. I have issues with attention span and focus, more so with verbal communication, so every little bit helps. So when my wife says I'm not listening or paying attention, she's right more often than not. Focus XT I only use to lift so I can't really comment on that other than I can really nail my form cues.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Love the focus xt / endurance combo. Bench press training has really taken a turn upwards.

(Thursday)
3s wave

Bench press all paused
190x3/3/3/3/3/3/8

Pendlay row
190x3/3/3/3/3/3/8

Dips@ gym weight 239
13/10/8

Slight Incline bench press
120x8/8 100x10/12/10

Preacher Curls
40x 3 slow as hell sets

Well triceps finally healed up, they just feel a little puffy. They did work today though. Its almost as if I destroyed them with training and now they're bigger and stronger.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Would anyone recommend a different dosing scheme for the alcar and glucuronolactone? I'm at half a bottle or so... Curious about a bigger Alcar dose preworkout.

Would have liked a little extra stimulant for the deadlifts, went pretty good just seemed heavy and slow.

3s wave

Deadlift, no belt double overhand
385x3 versa gripps on 385x3/3/3/3/3/7

DB side bends
70x12/12/12

Hyperextension with 25 plate behind head
10/10/10/10

First time deadlifting in chucks, it really changed things up surprisingly as I usually do vibram's.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
You could try upping the ALCAR dose pre workout if you'd like (could even just take your total daily use, 1.5 right, and take it pre-workout).

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You could try upping the ALCAR dose pre workout if you'd like (could even just take your total daily use, 1.5 right, and take it pre-workout).
This.

I'd take 1.5-2g ALCAR in one dose pre-wo and 2g Glucur as well.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I started taking 2 alcar caps preworkout. Laying off the glucuronolactone for a bit. Its almost gone.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
2 alcar caps, scoop focus xt, and scoop endurance preworkout. This session beat me up! The squat set I just focused on form and power output, reps took care of themselves. Went kind of slow on the powershrugs. No real bad DOMS the next day.

3s wave

Squat no belt
305x1 335x1 360x3/3/3/3/3
That was hard as fuk!

Front squat
135x5 185x3 225x3 belt on 225x1 275x1

Powershrug hell
135x10 225x10 straps on 315x10 405x10 belt on 495x10 versa gripps 585x3 +1 no shrug

All in all good squat day but not as good as last week powershrugs.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Impressive squats! Do you know what your 1RM is?

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Nice job on grinding that out. Do you think the prep before the squat (how long the bar was on your back) takes a tiny but out of the tank?
Not sure. I think a lot of it is mental preparedness, and balance. Without both its gonna be a fail.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I switched up the dosing. I stopped taking the alcar and glucuronolactone all day and started using it preworkout only.
Not real sure what the alcar will do, maybe I need more than 2 pills. These things paired with focus xt is like extreme focus mode. Took some dilate pills with the focus. Had a nice session, really destroyed my back with some rows. Focus was great, really hammered the bench press cues. Went kind of slow, so got solid reps in.

Christmas Eve Training

Juggernaut Intensification phase
3s wave

Bench press all paused
205x3/3/3/3/3

Pendlay Row
205x3/3/3/3/5

Slight incline bench press
135x14/10/8/6/5

Bentover Row
135x12/10/20/5 +iso hold

Some dips and curls for dat arm pump.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah, I don't see the need to exceed an additional 500mg ALCAR if dosing alongside Focus XT. At least I never have.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Took 1 scoop focus xt, 2 caps ALCAR, and 2 caps glucuronolactone 30 minutes pre-lifting. I had total freaking tunnel vision walking into gym. Felt a little more ready to lift than before. Will rock this same dosage again. Was very methodical throughout training. Pretty happy with 6 reps on last press set and adding a rep on behind the neck press. I always want to do more lat work but I never have enough time.

3s wave

Strict Press
115x1 130x1 135x3/3/3/3/6

Chins
3/4/4/4/4/3/1/1/1/1/1/3
These were superset after each press warmup. 1s through work set.

Dips @ gym weight 241
10/10/8/7

BTN press
90x8/6/5

Reverse pec dec superset with preacher curls.
3 slow sets with iso hold at end of 3rd set.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like a great workout from the blurb.

When it comes to lat work, I row 3x week, and 1x week do pullups or something similar. High frequency rowing has the made the biggest difference for my total.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sounds like a great workout from the blurb. When it comes to lat work, I row 3x week, and 1x week do pullups or something similar. High frequency rowing has the made the biggest difference for my total.
I've found pull-ups to e very beneficial to lat development ... But this could also be because I neglected this exercise for so long. My gym also has an assisted pull-up machine for when you want to crank out high reps and keep steady form throughout.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've found pull-ups to e very beneficial to lat development ... But this could also be because I neglected this exercise for so long. My gym also has an assisted pull-up machine for when you want to crank out high reps and keep steady form throughout.
For lat development, yes, I definitely credit my wingz from a lot of pullups.

But when it comes to improving my other lifts, rows have been much more productive.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
For lat development, yes, I definitely credit my wingz from a lot of pullups.

But when it comes to improving my other lifts, rows have been much more productive.
Any tips for isolating lats or even feeling them? Its really hard for me, I don't know if its my long arms or what. I've been meaning to try the Arnold style dumbbell pullovers. Rack chins and lat pulldowns are just meh for me. When I do chins they are underhand and I pull my elbows back and that is working pretty well for me to get 30-40 reps when I do train that movement. I have nasty tendonitis when I try a pronated pullup, so until that heals up this is what I can do.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Any tips for isolating lats or even feeling them? Its really hard for me, I don't know if its my long arms or what. I've been meaning to try the Arnold style dumbbell pullovers. Rack chins and lat pulldowns are just meh for me. When I do chins they are underhand and I pull my elbows back and that is working pretty well for me to get 30-40 reps when I do train that movement. I have nasty tendonitis when I try a pronated pullup, so until that heals up this is what I can do.
You don't by any chance have an assisted pull up machine, do you?

I found squeezing for 2-4 seconds at the top of each rep has helped me.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took 1 scoop focus xt, 2 caps ALCAR, and 2 caps glucuronolactone 30 minutes pre-lifting. I had total freaking tunnel vision walking into gym. Felt a little more ready to lift than before. Will rock this same dosage again. Was very methodical throughout training. Pretty happy with 6 reps on last press set and adding a rep on behind the neck press. I always want to do more lat work but I never have enough time.

3s wave

Strict Press
115x1 130x1 135x3/3/3/3/6

Chins
3/4/4/4/4/3/1/1/1/1/1/3
These were superset after each press warmup. 1s through work set.

Dips @ gym weight 241
10/10/8/7

BTN press
90x8/6/5

Reverse pec dec superset with preacher curls.
3 slow sets with iso hold at end of 3rd set.
Glad you are enjoying the stack. Glucoron is a great ingred thats doesnt get nearly enough credit

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Glad you are enjoying the stack. Glucoron is a great ingred thats doesnt get nearly enough credit
Agreed. I've used it in conjunction with caffeine and ALCAR and seems to work great.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Getting ready to smash the same workout I just did.

(I lift at work and at home. I cant ohp at home because ceiling, and I can't bench press or squat at work because smith machine.)

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Long arms aren't a factor, think about less of pulling with your biceps and more pulling your elbows down as if someone was pulling on them with a string.

Try straps to get around the tendonitis for pullups, bc you cannot beat those for lat development.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Long arms aren't a factor, think about less of pulling with your biceps and more pulling your elbows down as if someone was pulling on them with a string.

Try straps to get around the tendonitis for pullups, bc you cannot beat those for lat development.
Awesome thanks. I was able to get 2 reps of real pull ups in. I really had to pull hard and I felt it a lot across my back. So its a start!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Had an amazing training session.
2 caps alcar, 2 caps glucuron. plus a scoop of focus xt really works well! I will continue with this dosing. For the record label dosing for the caps works great for all day focus.

3s wave

Strict press
85x5 100x3 115x2 125x1 130x1 140x1
150x5 PR!
And just for fun160x1

Push press
160x4

Dips@ gym weight 244
10/10/10/9

Snatch grip high pulls
135x2/3/3 185x2/2 135x3 155x3 165x3 185x3 195x3 PR

Chins throughout training 3/4/4/3/2/3/2/1/1/5/3

Some curls.

244 bodyweight?? I must have gotten jacked cause I don't feel chubbier. I think its water.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Nice PR on the strict press!

The weigh gain is probably just, as you said, water retention in some manner.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Did a quick bench only two bights ago. Took 2 pills of alcar and glucuron each and some BCAA. Performance was pretty good and determination was high as well as having some good focus.

Bench press all paused.
135x5 175x3 190x2 200x1 215x1 225x4 paused PR
245x1

Then I did 135 lb. bottom half reps with a pause if that makes sense. Did like 10.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Took 2 pills ea. again and another preworkout. Finished bench training yesterday. I like what this dosage does. Focus and drive.

Pendlay row
135x5 150x3 175x2 190x1 200x1 215x1 225x7 245x2

Smith machine bentover row
120x10 210x6/5/6/5 260x4/4/4 120x12

Slight incline smith machine bench press
45x40 80x20 120x10 135x8 155x5

Pendlay had great form. Smith rows focused on explosiveness and driving elbows back. Smith slight incline hits upper chest hard. Deadlifts tonight.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Glad to hear you've found a dosing scheme you like. Hope it treats you well for your deadlift session. :D

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Same dosing as last time. Fantastic session.

Final Juggernaut session. Today's session gets a :)

Deadlift double overhand
255x5 305x3 355x2 385x1 410x1 435x1
Versagripps on
460x3 failed on 4 versa gripps actually pissed me off and I threw them off on third rep. They just changed the mechanics so much.

Under/over
460x1/1 felt easy added weight
470x1 easier still
475x1 this was my 1rm 12 weeks ago.

Snatch grip deads
225x5/10

My hands hurt.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Tons of volume on that deadlift session! What's the snatch deadlift?