Mkretz's first cut with Formutech level !!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, first of all HUGE thanks to formutech nutrition for letting me log this great product. I have heard some great things about it and look forward to some good things.

It has been a while since ive done a log and look forward to starting one up again. These next coupe weeks are going to be pretty busy between work and school but I will try to update a minimum of 4x per week with workouts and diet.

Stats -
5'9
170-173

My goal with this cut is really only like 5 lbs or so to see that I can cut if need be, i do not think I am too fat but want to see what I can do. I will try to get pics up soon. Gotta do some manscaping first lol

I follow IF and some days have one small protein and fat meal post workout followed by the rest of my calories when I get home. Calories range from 3500-4500 depending on activity levels on workout days and 3000-3800 on rest ( cardio) days.

I am a personal trainer and also have a job at Chipotle as well as going to school full time and I am also a Teaching Assisstant. My training job is now 6a.m every day so seep has been hard to come by as of late. IT has really taken a toll on my workouts. The same focus and intensity is just not there and its starting to bother me.....any hep in this area would be greatly appreciated.

My workouts start with heavy sets of basic exercises and then move into more hypertrophy style training. I also try to incorporate speed exercises such as banded squats and bench presses.

I love hearing ideas and different methods you guy use for training, nutrition, and advice in general, about everything but mostly in cutting.

I am trying to carb cycle, with only carbs coming from dairy and veggies for 3 days then very high carb the fourth day, then 2 days with those low carbs and then one moderate day before the low days again.............do you think this sounds like a good approach?

I plan to dose level II before cardio on workout days, well actually sip on it throughout. On off days I will take a serving in the morning and another before during cardio.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Currently cutting going in with a bunch of supps and some other non natty compounds. Sense alphamine is pulled I was thinking about trying level 2.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, first of all HUGE thanks to formutech nutrition for letting me log this great product. I have heard some great things about it and look forward to some good things.

It has been a while since ive done a log and look forward to starting one up again. These next coupe weeks are going to be pretty busy between work and school but I will try to update a minimum of 4x per week with workouts and diet.

Stats -
5'9
170-173

My goal with this cut is really only like 5 lbs or so to see that I can cut if need be, i do not think I am too fat but want to see what I can do. I will try to get pics up soon. Gotta do some manscaping first lol

I follow IF and some days have one small protein and fat meal post workout followed by the rest of my calories when I get home. Calories range from 3500-4500 depending on activity levels on workout days and 3000-3800 on rest ( cardio) days.

I am a personal trainer and also have a job at Chipotle as well as going to school full time and I am also a Teaching Assisstant. My training job is now 6a.m every day so seep has been hard to come by as of late. IT has really taken a toll on my workouts. The same focus and intensity is just not there and its starting to bother me.....any hep in this area would be greatly appreciated.

My workouts start with heavy sets of basic exercises and then move into more hypertrophy style training. I also try to incorporate speed exercises such as banded squats and bench presses.

I love hearing ideas and different methods you guy use for training, nutrition, and advice in general, about everything but mostly in cutting.

I am trying to carb cycle, with only carbs coming from dairy and veggies for 3 days then very high carb the fourth day, then 2 days with those low carbs and then one moderate day before the low days again.............do you think this sounds like a good approach?

I plan to dose level II before cardio on workout days, well actually sip on it throughout. On off days I will take a serving in the morning and another before during cardio.
I hate how carb cycling makes me feel but it definitely works to keep the BF down!

That's a rough schedule you have these days bro, I though I had it bad! Lol! Level II is def going to help you out with that energy.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. Currently cutting going in with a bunch of supps and some other non natty compounds. Sense alphamine is pulled I was thinking about trying level 2.
A lot of people have been favorably comparing it to alphamine. Shoot me your address and I'll send you a couple doses to try buddy.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
A lot of people have been favorably comparing it to alphamine. Shoot me your address and I'll send you a couple doses to try buddy.
Think itll stack well with osta ,t3,ephedrine,leancuts by androfactory,forskolin 95,ghrp-2 ,cjc no dac and a calorie deficit? Haha ill shoot my ady when I get home today.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hate how carb cycling makes me feel but it definitely works to keep the BF down!

That's a rough schedule you have these days bro, I though I had it bad! Lol! Level II is def going to help you out with that energy.
Yeah man its been real rough.....I think the lack of sleep with the carb cycling has really taken its toll on my workouts....do u think maybe a moderate carb all the time except for off days would help?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah man its been real rough.....I think the lack of sleep with the carb cycling has really taken its toll on my workouts....do u think maybe a moderate carb all the time except for off days would help?
By moderate carbs you mean?

Carbs are muscle preserving tools.

1g per lb for protein. 20% of cals fat and the rest carbs. Carb cycle when you're sub 9%

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe ill try that....I tend to do a lot of cardio because I love to eat lol....so my nimbers would probably have me at like 500 carbs or more a day....is that ok for someone only 170....

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was thinking more like 1.5 g peotein like 250-350 carbs and the rest fat

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe ill try that....I tend to do a lot of cardio because I love to eat lol....so my nimbers would probably have me at like 500 carbs or more a day....is that ok for someone only 170....
Its fine as long as you're in a calorie deficit.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would be pretty nice to get carbs every day lol.....what about days I need extra cals just more carbs or fat and pro

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would be pretty nice to get carbs every day lol.....what about days I need extra cals just more carbs or fat and pro
Include a refeed on your day you struggle the most. 200 to 500 calorie refeed. How much of a deficit are you in?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Think itll stack well with osta ,t3,ephedrine,leancuts by androfactory,forskolin 95,ghrp-2 ,cjc no dac and a calorie deficit? Haha ill shoot my ady when I get home today.
that's a pretty light weight stack there, I'd give that to my 3 year old.

lol da fuq??? You're going to be lean as all hell! I'm almost done with some T3 right now. Down 20lbs in 3 weeks. I need to taper down now I'm losing a little more strength than i'd like, but it sure got the job done and fast. love the stuff.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
that's a pretty light weight stack there, I'd give that to my 3 year old.

lol da fuq??? You're going to be lean as all hell! I'm almost done with some T3 right now. Down 20lbs in 3 weeks. I need to taper down now I'm losing a little more strength than i'd like, but it sure got the job done and fast. love the stuff.
Buhaha. Im just 1 week in. Plannimg on 24 weeks orrrrrr.... 5%. I got to 6% once. Planing on breaking my own record.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd say deficit varies between 200-400
If its 200 a day thats like me haha. 1400 calorie deficit a week. 600 refeed. 800 calorie deficit /week after 2 small refeeds in the form of ice cream or fudge :p

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Buhaha. Im just 1 week in. Plannimg on 24 weeks orrrrrr.... 5%. I got to 6% once. Planing on breaking my own record.
good luck dude! let me know where you end up!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
U guys are great thanks so much, keep it coming....open to experimenting for sure...maybe the high carbs will help my tiredness.... 600g tonight!!!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
U guys are great thanks so much, keep it coming....open to experimenting for sure...maybe the high carbs will help my tiredness.... 600g tonight!!!
Nice! What do you like for carbs? Typical brown rice and potatoes or do you live on the edge? Lol

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice! What do you like for carbs? Typical brown rice and potatoes or do you live on the edge? Lol
Nothing beats my whole wheat pasta dish.

1lb meat of choice,2 cups ritoni noodles, covered in Alfredo sauce seasoned with garlic. Side dish is ezekiel bread toasted with some garlic butter spread on that bitch.

Meat is usually hamburger marinaded in Italian dressing *fat free* with cajun seasoning and a few dozen pinches of cayanne pepper.

Close to 150 carbs in this bitch.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing beats my whole wheat pasta dish.

1lb meat of choice,2 cups ritoni noodles, covered in Alfredo sauce seasoned with garlic. Side dish is ezekiel bread toasted with some garlic butter spread on that bitch.

Meat is usually hamburger marinaded in Italian dressing *fat free* with cajun seasoning and a few dozen pinches of cayanne pepper.

Close to 150 carbs in this bitch.
Nice! That sounds damn tasty!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Nothing beats my whole wheat pasta dish. 1lb meat of choice,2 cups ritoni noodles, covered in Alfredo sauce seasoned with garlic. Side dish is ezekiel bread toasted with some garlic butter spread on that bitch. Meat is usually hamburger marinaded in Italian dressing *fat free* with cajun seasoning and a few dozen pinches of cayanne pepper. Close to 150 carbs in this bitch.
Sounds like hamburger helper:) lol! Jk

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do a whole bunch of dofferent stuff...quest bar, oats, fruit, piotarts, cereal, ice cream, fiber one bar, high fiber wrap and k ots of veggies so I have a decent amount of **** but also a lot of fiber

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do a whole bunch of dofferent stuff...quest bar, oats, fruit, piotarts, cereal, ice cream, fiber one bar, high fiber wrap and k ots of veggies so I have a decent amount of **** but also a lot of fiber
cool, I used to love poptarts but someone totally ruined it for me a few months back and I can't even look at them anymore. :/

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha yea lets hear the story....i enjoy them but they gotta be toasted and crispy otherwise they dont do it for me.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so i have two days or workouts to post....first off though, used level II whie doing cardio both days and it gave me steady conrolled energy. I sipped it throughout the session.

Initial review!!!

Mixability - 10/10- 2 - 3 shakes and its mixed.

Taste - 10/10 - I love grape so this is an easy 10/10 for me, tastes like grape kool-aid, delicious, and no after taste or wierd textures in my mouth.

Energy - 8/10- its not a hit you in the mouth energy like i would get from a strong preworkout but a definite clear straight energy, im not gonna lie, i kinda like the cracked out feeling that some preworkouts give me but this is not like that. No crash either which is always a plus.

Thermogenesis 6/10 - to be honest i have yet to feel any sort of thermogenic effect from this. I will keep an eye on it however.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
now remember when i said i do high volume...yea, i do lol

yest 11/26 - back

Deadlift- worked up to 445x1 then did rack deads since my sticking point is right at the level of the rack

365x6
385x6
395x6
415x3
385x6

pendlay row
140x8
140x8
140x8
145x8
155x8

once i get into more hypertrophy type work my rest periods are very short maybe like 30-45 seconds, i dont like just standing around lol

Strict bent over row
135- 5 sets 8-12 last couple sets had to cheat to get to 12 but 8 solid reps at least every set

Strict rev. grip bent over row - same exact thing

Lat pulldown
4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

neutral grip low cable row

super setted with hanging leg raises - 15 reps

One arm DB row - strict
50x12
50x12
50x12
55x10

one arm hammer neutral grip row - 3 sets standing 3 sets sitting - got some really good contractions on these!! sets of 10-12 with a drop on the last set of the standing ones.

Standing high cable high row - 3 sets 10-12

Str8 arm pulldown 4 sets 12-15

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today 11/27 - shoulders/bis

usually do cardio before i lift but today i didnt, i think it messed up my early workout, was not as strong, but my back is super sore too, really focusing on the contractions made a big difference.

I experimented today and used level II as my preworkout with a sample packet of lecheek nutrition's pumpx3 (stim free preworkout) to see how it would treat me. Again not a huge burst of energy o focus like some preworkouts but a definite clear clean energy rush.

Standing Push Press

135x6x6

Towel bench - pausing on the towel(block)

175x6
175x6
185x6
185x6
195x5

Speed banded bench
105x3x10

DB shoulder press - focusing on constant tension with slow negatives

55x8
55x8
55x7
55x8
55x7+3 forced drop 35x as many drop 25 as many

35x21x3 - 7 in the middle ROM 7 second hold, 7 full reps

Heavy DB lateral raises

30x8
30x8
30x8
32.5x8
32.5x8 drop 20x10 drop 15x10 drop 10x10

15x12x3 super slow negatives

Banded hammer strength press
5 sets of 6

Strict smith machine high pulls
85x12x4 drop on last set

cable lateral raise
4 sets of 12

banded hammer strength curls- 5 sets of 8

alt. seated twist curl - 5 sets of 8

supersetted with

neutral grip shrug 4 sets 10-15

hammer curls seated 5 sets of 8

supersetted with barbell shrugs - 4 sets 12-15

TRX curls!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Oh no, never mind. I'd rather not and keep my thoughts of pop tarts as delicious

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so i have two days or workouts to post....first off though, used level II whie doing cardio both days and it gave me steady conrolled energy. I sipped it throughout the session.

Initial review!!!

Mixability - 10/10- 2 - 3 shakes and its mixed.

Taste - 10/10 - I love grape so this is an easy 10/10 for me, tastes like grape kool-aid, delicious, and no after taste or wierd textures in my mouth.

Energy - 8/10- its not a hit you in the mouth energy like i would get from a strong preworkout but a definite clear straight energy, im not gonna lie, i kinda like the cracked out feeling that some preworkouts give me but this is not like that. No crash either which is always a plus.

Thermogenesis 6/10 - to be honest i have yet to feel any sort of thermogenic effect from this. I will keep an eye on it however.
So far so good then! You may or may not specifically notice the thermogenisis, but pay attention to how much you're sweating, you should see an increase

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm gonna try to get pics up this week sometime, ctazy schedule right now...pr'd in bench yest with 245.....will post workout later

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok so yest chest workout was great!!

first of though- level II - def. noticed increased sweating today during cardio. Again i sipped on it throughout. Taste again is great ! I look forward to drinking this stuff every day now! Havent checked my weight in a while, probably will monday during my lift so i will be ale to comment on that. IF time permits I will get some pics up tomorrow cuz i have finally shaven ! :) Again, steady smooth energy throughout my cardio session and no crash....no complaints thus far, really looking forward to the body comp effects though!!!

Workout!

bench worked up to 245 for 1

The main focus of the workout was to focus on constant tension with slow controlled negatives and not locking out the motion ever, regardless of rep ranges or weights being used...it was a definite success, some sick pumps going on. BTW I am currently using acute FX preworkout sipped throughout at 4 caps....loving the focus energy and pumps on it thus far.

Barbel bench
245 x 1 - PR
225x3 PR - my short term goal is 5, i mightve had 4 in me here, cant wait to be able to rep it out!!!

165x8x4
175x6+2 forced
135x13

DB incine
55x8
60x8
60x8
60x7
60x7+ 3 forced - still slow controlled negatives with the forced

Weighted dips - chain over neck i think its about 25 lbs
x8
x6
x6
x7
x6 drop to Bodyweight x 4
Bodyweight x 13

rev. grip bench - havent done these in forever so decided to give the a shot
95x10-12 - 4 sets

decline barbell
4 sets 10-12 - 145lbs

one arm machine fly - crossing over the midline, gives a sick contraction!!
3 sets of 12 each arm

DB overhead
60x10
70x8
70x7
70x6+2
70x6+2 drop 45x6

Skull crusher
60x8
60x8
60x8
60x8+2
60x8+2 plus presses plus diamond pushups on knees to failure - sick finisher

rope pushdown - 4 sets 10-15

one arm neutral grip DB lying ext. - 4 sets 8-10, forced reps on last 2 sets

decline bench leg raises - 5 sets to failure

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was an off day, ust did cardio, sae thing tomorrow

Took one serving level II sipped during work and another during cardio....same protocol tomorrow!!!

BTW my split is

Chest/tris ( sometimes bis if i have tie)
Back/Abs
Shouders/bis
Legs

I take off days when i either have to or fee like i need it, i usualy end up lifting 4-5 days a week and do cardio every day on the eliptical, tend to do alot of studiyng on there so do lots of cardio

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok so yest chest workout was great!!

first of though- level II - def. noticed increased sweating today during cardio. Again i sipped on it throughout. Taste again is great ! I look forward to drinking this stuff every day now! Havent checked my weight in a while, probably will monday during my lift so i will be ale to comment on that. IF time permits I will get some pics up tomorrow cuz i have finally shaven ! :) Again, steady smooth energy throughout my cardio session and no crash....no complaints thus far, really looking forward to the body comp effects though!!!

Workout!

bench worked up to 245 for 1

The main focus of the workout was to focus on constant tension with slow controlled negatives and not locking out the motion ever, regardless of rep ranges or weights being used...it was a definite success, some sick pumps going on. BTW I am currently using acute FX preworkout sipped throughout at 4 caps....loving the focus energy and pumps on it thus far.

Barbel bench
245 x 1 - PR
225x3 PR - my short term goal is 5, i mightve had 4 in me here, cant wait to be able to rep it out!!!

165x8x4
175x6+2 forced
135x13

DB incine
55x8
60x8
60x8
60x7
60x7+ 3 forced - still slow controlled negatives with the forced

Weighted dips - chain over neck i think its about 25 lbs
x8
x6
x6
x7
x6 drop to Bodyweight x 4
Bodyweight x 13

rev. grip bench - havent done these in forever so decided to give the a shot
95x10-12 - 4 sets

decline barbell
4 sets 10-12 - 145lbs

one arm machine fly - crossing over the midline, gives a sick contraction!!
3 sets of 12 each arm

DB overhead
60x10
70x8
70x7
70x6+2
70x6+2 drop 45x6

Skull crusher
60x8
60x8
60x8
60x8+2
60x8+2 plus presses plus diamond pushups on knees to failure - sick finisher

rope pushdown - 4 sets 10-15

one arm neutral grip DB lying ext. - 4 sets 8-10, forced reps on last 2 sets

decline bench leg raises - 5 sets to failure
Hell yeah! Nice PR brother!! Excellent work all the way around

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was an off day, ust did cardio, sae thing tomorrow

Took one serving level II sipped during work and another during cardio....same protocol tomorrow!!!

BTW my split is

Chest/tris ( sometimes bis if i have tie)
Back/Abs
Shouders/bis
Legs

I take off days when i either have to or fee like i need it, i usualy end up lifting 4-5 days a week and do cardio every day on the eliptical, tend to do alot of studiyng on there so do lots of cardio
Cardio is my Netflix time. Lol

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Nice workout! Reverse grip bench, I used to do these a lot, I forgot about them. Doing them tomorrow!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yhanks guys, yea I hadn't done the reverse grip benches in a few months decided to give them a go...with co stant tension and focusing on contravtions they felt nice...easier on the wrists with less weight too....its amazing how u can make a light weight feel so heavy

A little note as well....last weeks workouts were pretty solid overall but th e week before, no matter what I did workouts sucked....anyone ever have that happen? A couple weeks ago I was hitting prs everyworkout then that horroble week happened.....hoping for a werk filled with prs this week!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
same stuff as yesterday..........today was basically a mirror or yest in very way lol

EXCEPT!!!!!!!!............took pics tonight, will get them on here asap.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yhanks guys, yea I hadn't done the reverse grip benches in a few months decided to give them a go...with co stant tension and focusing on contravtions they felt nice...easier on the wrists with less weight too....its amazing how u can make a light weight feel so heavy

A little note as well....last weeks workouts were pretty solid overall but th e week before, no matter what I did workouts sucked....anyone ever have that happen? A couple weeks ago I was hitting prs everyworkout then that horroble week happened.....hoping for a werk filled with prs this week!!
Yeah it happens man, sometimes things just don't click. You'll get it back, no worries!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yest. did back......... intensity jsut was not there for whatever reason. However, in the beginning of the workout I did PR on Deadlift at 465 but i think that friend my CNS and kinda ruined the rest of the workout the focus was jsut not there. I ended up doing on sets of 3 with 315 which felt heavy when i normally work up to 365 for 6.

loving the taste of Level II and feeling decently lean, feel bigger than I have so I feel good.

Today - shoulders/bis

Working on y bench so on shoudler day i do towel bench and speed bench first

Felt weaker today again, however i do make sure to completely pause on the towel which made it very hard

Towel Bench
185x5
185x5
185x5
190x5
190x5
190x5

Speed bench - with bands
105x3x10

DB shoulder press - slow negatives, controlled reps, suprsetted with seated calf raises 5 sets of 10 for
60x8
60x7
60x7
60x7
60x7 drop 37.5 drop 27.5
37.5x15
37.5x15
37.5x15

Strict standing press with slow negatives , supersetted with standing calf raises 5 sets of 15
85x8
85x7
85x6
85x6
85x6 drop 65 drop 45
55x15
55x15

Banded hammer strength press 4 sets of 8

DB side laterals
30x8
32.5x8
32.5x8
35x8
35x8 drop 15 drop 10
17.5x15
17.5x12+3
17.5x12+3

Cable high pull 4 sets 10-15 drop on last set

1 arm behind the back side raise with cable - 4 sets of 15

cable rev fly 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

Cable preacher curl
4 sets 8-10
3 sets 12-15

Standing twist curl - not alt.
22.5x10x4 drop 15

Hammer curl - not alt.
25x10-12 x 4 drop 15

Lying cable curl

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LEGS TOMORROW!~!!!!

lots of carbs today so should be G2G coldstone, poptarts, oats, apple, blueberries, fiber one bar, quest bar, beans, 2 high fiber wraps - lots of carbs!!! lots of fiber lots of crap as wel, good mi if you ask me. :)

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
LEGS TOMORROW!~!!!! lots of carbs today so should be G2G coldstone, poptarts, oats, apple, blueberries, fiber one bar, quest bar, beans, 2 high fiber wraps - lots of carbs!!! lots of fiber lots of crap as wel, good mi if you ask me. :)
Love it!