Fasted Training with Formutech Endurance!

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Alright!

Thanks Double S for choosing me to log Formutech's Endurance: supercharged BCAA's +

- Beta Alanine which acts as a buffer, so to speak, to help decrease that lovely burning sensation one gets during workouts

- Creatinol-O-Phosphate which helps to support your muscles to go above and beyond. Additionally it supports contraction of the muscle potentially leading to better performance.

I think I can really benefit from adding this into my training because I typically take my PWO in the morning when I wake up (currently taking PES Enhanced) and hit the gym. Because I train fasted, I am interested to see what advantages I may get from adding this pre and intra workout. For 2 weeks I will consume Intra and for 2 weeks I consume pre. Also, because my PWO does not have creatine, this will be a good addition. I don't think I have tried Creatinol-O-Phosphate either, so double bonus!

Starting weight 181
Training will be:
Monday: Back/Abs
Tuesday: Chest/Biceps
Wednesday: Cardio/Abs
Thursday: Delts/Triceps
Friday: Legs
Saturday and Sunday: "Wild card"

Food 3000-3300 cals/day
Protein shoot for over 200
Carbs try to keep under 300
Fat try to keep at 70

I have tried BCAA's briefly in the past so excited to use again and add some flavor to the workout is always nice. Goal while logging will be to gain lean mass to 183-184 and bench 235x7 (current 225x8) , squat 315x6 (current 225x8). Squats are one of those exercises where I know I could physically lift more but my CNS tends to be my weak point (get extremely drained and dizzy) so I think adding Endurance will hopefully help my endurance..

It's on the way in the mail, so Log will begin when it arrives..

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome...What flavor did you choose again?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ill be taking with enhanced as well! and i havent ever used Creatinol o phosphate either!

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Sweet! Look forward to subbing to your log..

How many scoops do you take of Enhanced usually?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweet! Look forward to subbing to your log..

How many scoops do you take of Enhanced usually?
1. i dont like a strong stim effect, use it for a little energy. im usually amped up when im in the gym anyways lol plus it lasts longer this way!

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
1. i dont like a strong stim effect, use it for a little energy. im usually amped up when im in the gym anyways lol plus it lasts longer this way!
Yes that's true.. I started with 1 scoop, now usually between 1 to 1.5 for a little extra..

Okay, got my Endurance in the mail Friday! This weekend I had a full day seminar both days on boot camp training for these new boot camps Ill be teaching. We did aaaa loooot of working out both days. Not really the types of workouts I normally do myself so it was fun but man am I beat. A lot of running, push ups, sit ups, lunges, thrust squats, Plyometrics, wall sits etc etc.. We got a couple small breaks where I would scarf down something quick but I sipped endurance in my shaker throughout both morning's workouts between breakfast and lunch and I think it definitely helped.

The orange flavor is great! It's like tang. It mixes very easy and there's no residue. I definitely felt the beta alanine tingles which I actually really enjoy during a strenuous workout. Tomorrow will be first lifting day. Doing back in the morning... Woohoo

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes that's true.. I started with 1 scoop, now usually between 1 to 1.5 for a little extra..

Okay, got my Endurance in the mail Friday! This weekend I had a full day seminar both days on boot camp training for these new boot camps Ill be teaching. We did aaaa loooot of working out both days. Not really the types of workouts I normally do myself so it was fun but man am I beat. A lot of running, push ups, sit ups, lunges, thrust squats, Plyometrics, wall sits etc etc.. We got a couple small breaks where I would scarf down something quick but I sipped endurance in my shaker throughout both morning's workouts between breakfast and lunch and I think it definitely helped.

The orange flavor is great! It's like tang. It mixes very easy and there's no residue. I definitely felt the beta alanine tingles which I actually really enjoy during a strenuous workout. Tomorrow will be first lifting day. Doing back in the morning... Woohoo
Took my first dose over the weekend as well and the taste of melon is awesome. Felt the tingles within 10 minutes. Loved it. Looking forward to comparing reviews.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In! The melon was awesome, and I REALLY want to try the orange soon. Man, you're going to love Endurance!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can you elaborate on your experience with endurance?
I did one tub of the melon flavored Endurance Plus last April-ish, and I was relatively new to working out. I was doing P90X and weight training (two-a-days) at the gym at the time, and it pretty much erased any DOM's I was used too. I was also doing IF then, and my only experience with BCAA's was the heavy-chalky-tasting bulk stuff, so the taste and dilutability of Endurance was a great addition pre and intra workout.

The orange was just coming out when I finished it, and I haven't yet included it in my budget... but need to.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did one tub of the melon flavored Endurance Plus last April-ish, and I was relatively new to working out. I was doing P90X and weight training (two-a-days) at the gym at the time, and it pretty much erased any DOM's I was used too. I was also doing IF then, and my only experience with BCAA's was the heavy-chalky-tasting bulk stuff, so the taste and dilutability of Endurance was a great addition pre and intra workout.

The orange was just coming out when I finished it, and I haven't yet included it in my budget... but need to.
Nice

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Nice

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Back workout today was good. I think it defitely boosted the effects of my pwo. Had 1 scoop Enhanced before but felt awesome energy..
Dead lifts 135/12, 205/8, 205/8, 205/6, 205/6 finished the majority of the endurance during this.
Bent over bb row 185/6, 185/3, 135/7, 135/7
Wide grip pulldowns
Cable rows
Straight arm press downs
BB shrugs

Diet was a B+ today, didnt weigh in.

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established

Good to know. Will be interested to see how DOMS are after leg day which always kills my legs for like 3 days..

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday Chest and Bi's. I swear there's some kind of interaction going on with endurance and Enhanced where they really seem to 'enhance' one another. Pre-workout feels stronger and the Orange is great to drink during workout. Chest was great.

Some highlights:
Bench Press 225/7, 225/5, 225/3, 185 with resistance band x 4, 135 with band x12
Diet was a B today. Today I'm bringing an A day. Off day from the gym. Will keep carbs low..

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It does play off well with other pwo's. Some days I mix it with my pwo and other times independent

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice presses, Face!

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Thanks!

I'm have about 2 servings left of Enhanced right now and because I need to re-up my morning PWO quick, I ordered some Hyper FX (because I'm broke right now and it was 15 dollars, or I would have gotten more enhanced lol). Never tried it before. Anyone here try Hyper FX?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never heard of it, but then again I'm new to a lot of PWO's. Who makes it?

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
It's made by BSN. Comes in a red tub. Anyway I'll let ya'll know how it pairs with Endurance.

Had a good off day yesterday. Chest is sore which is always good. I had to be at work early this morning so I couldn't train, but will be hitting the gym this evening!
Doing Delts/Triceps/Calves

I'm getting a little bored with my current tricpe workouts (close bench, skull crushers, cable pull downs, dips) Anyone have any suggestions for something that will really shred the tri's to try tonight??

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try reversing your grip on the skulls, and use an EZ bar. I also like cable kickbacks where I'm leaning over a little, and alternating my palm fwd and reverse on each rep, and dropping sets till failure. Overhead rope extensions are a fav also.

Try adding a 4 count on the negatives! That gives a hella pump.

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Thank for the ideas! I threw some reverse grip kickbacks in there yesterday.

Endurance was great for my workout last night. I was really tired going into the gym and didn't really want to go, I didn't even take a PWO and still felt pumped and energized after my 3rd set of over head BB presses. Got a really good pump in the delts. I think it's awesome when you get vein lines in your delts when they're pumped. Tri's were hella pumped too.

This dude was in the gym last night I hadn't seen before, was clearly a power lifter. He was doing 1 rep sets on bench press and was doing 415 in his last set. ****ing awesome! I myself was close grip benching 185 next to him lol..

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's not a shabby close-grip, brother. Granted, next to that beast...

Good work here man!

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man!! Did legs yesterday. Squat rack was taken by this old guy doing some kind of stretches for an hour so I decided to just leg press it
warmed up building weight up to 450x8, 450x6, 450x6, 450x5 with calf raises in between
Leg Extensions with holds at the top, lying leg curls, seated leg curls

Drank Endurance throughout leg press and it may be placebo but I really felt like I could push my legs to the max failure without my CNS wanting to give out first..

Good stuff. Oh and I took my first serving of the Hyper FX. Worked good but has some kind of pepper extract that burns your throat for about 15 minutes after drinking it. Maybe I'll learn to love it.. or hate it.. we'll see.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Gotta love the gym hogs that use important equipment for silly stuff.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah tell me about it! I wanted to walk up and be like "excuse me but can I use this for what it's actually meant for" lol
Man, I hate that. It happens at my gym all the time. There's also a guy that hogs a rack to do bar only squats for like 30 mins. Pisses me off.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Next time ask, then do something even more mornic than the person you just took it from.

My favorite is the guys that grunt at everything, warming up etc.......

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Next time ask, then do something even more mornic than the person you just took it from.

My favorite is the guys that grunt at everything, warming up etc.......
I let out noises sometimes, usually near the end of a workout, and especially now with GVT. But, thur bw squat guy does that. He also did around 315x1 dead lift this past week, dropped the bar from the top, yelped out a loud "arghh", and did a turn-and-strut. It was impressive...

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
I let out noises sometimes, usually near the end of a workout, and especially now with GVT. But, thur bw squat guy does that. He also did around 315x1 dead lift this past week, dropped the bar from the top, yelped out a loud "arghh", and did a turn-and-strut. It was impressive...

what's GVT?

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Nice, I like the idea of GVT. So you shoot for 10x10 of an exercise for each muscle group. What % of 1RM would you suggest starting with? Have you seen good results so far?

I did Back this morning.
Deadlift 215/8, 215/7, 215/6, 215/6
Bent over BB Row 135/8 for 4 sets
Alternating grip pullups
Neutral grip cable pulldowns
Straight arm cable pressdowns
Shrugs
Hyperextensions

I do feel that I am getting a benefit from Endurance fasted. I didn't feel nearly as drained after each set of deadlifts as I think I normally do..

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, kinda. I super set two muscle groups, and do them with limited breaks (20-60 secs depending on weight and how large the muscle is), and with a 4.0.X.0 or 4.0.2.0 tempo. Once you hit 10x10, you're supposed to slightly up the weight and keep doing that as you get stronger. As for the %, I'm not sure yet. I'm only a couple weeks in and I'm trying to figure out where exactly I should be. My aim is for 8ish reps on the last two to three sets.

I'm a little new to it to have seen progress yet, but I've heard some grey things about it an follow some other logs that love it as much. So fr, I have not had a "bad" workout.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice update. Have you noticed any relief in DOMs or an increase in muscle stamina?

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Now that you mention it, I did not have any DOMS after Friday leg day which is usually the only muscles I really still get DOMS in much anymore. I most definitely feel a difference in muscular endurance using Endurance. Tomorrow I think I'll try bicep curls using the GVT principles...

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now that you mention it, I did not have any DOMS after Friday leg day which is usually the only muscles I really still get DOMS in much anymore. I most definitely feel a difference in muscular endurance using Endurance. Tomorrow I think I'll try bicep curls using the GVT principles...
Try your hardest to stay with the tempo. I had bicep DOMs last week for the first time in almost a year.

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
That tempo is 4 seconds down (eccentric) and 2 seconds up (concentric) with 0 seconds pause between correct? I'm gonna give it a go! How long do you you wait between sets? I'll go for 60 seconds...

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That tempo is 4 seconds down (eccentric) and 2 seconds up (concentric) with 0 seconds pause between correct? I'm gonna give it a go! How long do you you wait between sets? I'll go for 60 seconds...
Yes, and the breaks vary. Yesterday I super set squats and leg curls, about 20s from squat to curl, 60s before repeating. Today I'm doing chest/back, and I think I'm doing 20/45s breaks.

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Nice! sounds brutal..

Chest and Bis this morning. Ran out of time yesterday so I took the day off. Felt very solid pump this morning. Plan to do a weigh in and bf check tomorrow.

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I am sore today in both chest and bis.. I tried to incorporate some of the principles from GVT in my workout yesterday and did 10 sets on Bench with 135 with 1 minute rest in between. I went very slow on the eccentric. It was easy in the beginning and I thought I may have started with too light of weight but by sets 8, 9, and 10 I was hurting those last couple sets. I did the same with preacher curls for bis. I think I will do this again with 5 pounds more on both when I hit these again next week. I also did cable flyes, reverse grip curls and decline bench.

I sipped some endurance through the night last night and I feel it helped a lot as I'm not as sore today as I felt I was going to be last night. I didn't get to lift this morning, I might take the day off or do some steady cardio tonight with endurance and lift Friday and Saturday.

Weighed in at 182 and 11% BF. My current short term goal is 185 at less then 10% BF by January. Latest progress picture
IMG_20131028_193050-1.jpg

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ha! Yeah, GVT sneaks up on you. I still don't have it down pat where I know exactly where to start on any given exercise.

Looking swole there, man!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Doing an awesome job in here as we really appreciate the great effort

Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Doing an awesome job in here as we really appreciate the great effort
Thanks! No problem, I really enjoy doing it..
Friday and Saturday I was super swamped and had to get shoulders and tris done with dumbbells at home Friday night. Actually went pretty good!
I did lateral raises, front raises, Arnold presses, and finished shoulders with push ups in an almost handstand with feet on the wall. Was drinking endurance and got an awesome pump in the delts.
Tris did 10 sets of ten diamond push-ups. Tried to get some air for the first few sets :) then dips on my stairs, one armed behind the head db extensions. Crazy pump in tris, was at home and measured my arm for the hell of it, was at 16 inches... Hoping to get there non pumped eventually.
Did legs at the gym yesterday. Only had a half hour but managed to get 5 sets of squats in, Bulgarian splits, and leg curls.

Excited for deadlifts tomorrow!!

I got 2 samples of Volatile in the mail today! Formutech's PWO. Stoked to try that before back day tomorrow.