Alternating between protein supplements

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Alternating between protein supplements

Hey all, new to this place. Just wanted to have your guys opinions about taking different protein supplements on different days..whey, casein etc.
    safe, not safe, overdoing it? I take Myotein, syntha 6 and combat powder.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

You don't need any of those. Look into MAN Sports' Pure PF3. We even have a "PF3 Challenge" on our website where we have people replacing the protein they usually use with only PF3 for a month. I've been on this protocol since we released PF3 and I'm never going back.
    BOARD TYRANT
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Never heard of it, how long has it been in the market for.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.82%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by dhaze View Post
    Never heard of it, how long has it been in the market for.
    Just a couple months. But we have great feedback from loggers and an extensive explanation at mansports.com.

Basically PF3 gives you the bio active value of protein in a much smaller (and tastier) serving. Cuts out all the filler material that usually goes into a scoop of protein - stuff that doesn't help you grow or recover.

Users across multiple boards are raving about increased recovery and lean muscle gains. I can also testify to this.
    BOARD TYRANT
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.82%

There are some reviews in the "product review" section here on the forum and the PF3 stack page on Nutraplanet if you want more feedback. I'm on mobile and can't paste them all right now lol.

Some great logs you can search for also with "PF3"as a search string. If I can link them for you I will!
    BOARD TYRANT
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Think I could stack with my other supps?
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.82%

Think I could stack with my other supps?
    Absolutely; use PF3 whenever you'd use your protein.

In fact, here are those links I've compiled for you. These guys played around with dosing; some pre, intra, and post workout:

The name is Dalton - Pure PF3's bigger

BudMAN PF3 during PCT-stacking it right

A Cubsfan and his MAN package.. Pure PF3 Log

MANsports PURE PF3 swelling up log -chefbo

Misfit28 is Changing the Game with New MAN Sports Pure PF3

Kenpo MAN's Up with PF3

Updating my MAN CARD with MAN Sports PF3

MAN'S new GAME CHANGER WHA WHAT! PF3 BIO ACTIVE PROTEIN!
    BOARD TYRANT
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Hm thanks. I'll do some more research on this.
  9. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.89%

Hey all, new to this place. Just wanted to have your guys opinions about taking different protein supplements on different days..whey, casein etc. safe, not safe, overdoing it? I take Myotein, syntha 6 and combat powder.
    This is in the wrong section which is why your probably not getting much advice.

You don't need multiple protein powders. Find one with a mix of whey and casein and you'll be good to go.

Some that I like are: USPLabs Oxyelite Protein, Giant Sports, Dymatize, Controlled Labs ProNom.

PES will be dropping a protein soon and will have an insider deal for it, so I would be on the look out for that as well.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Oh oops. Well thanks for the advice.
    I just wanted some opinions bc I just started getting back into the shakes again after stopping for a few months. I had a couple laying around that I forgot about and I bought myotein not to long ago.
  11. MAN up!!
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.68%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I have also dropped protein supplements outside of purchasing SAN Casein just to mix my oats with. Other than that I use between 2-4 scoops of PF3 and some Fermented Leucine where I use to use multiple scoops of whey.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.13%

I've officially updated my weight on AM profiles from 185lb to 190lbs without changing my belt size. ive basically been trying to gain as much weight as possible since i started lifting 15 years ago (starting at 130lbs) and ive been frozen at 185lbs presumably due to limited stomach space. Im very excited by the potential that i can continue to put on weight with my high dose protocall without having to gorge disgusting amounts of food, as every time i think ive reached my limit, i see another pound up on my gym scale (approx every 2 weeks so far)

Dietary plasma protein is used more efficiently than ... [J Nutr. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Quote Originally Posted by mpaquett View Post
    I have also dropped protein supplements outside of purchasing SAN Casein just to mix my oats with. Other than that I use between 2-4 scoops of PF3 and some Fermented Leucine where I use to use multiple scoops of whey.
    Is the leucine really necessary? So far I'm just taking the myotein as a post. Sometimes switch it up with the combat powder and syntha.
  14. MAN up!!
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.68%

Is the leucine really necessary? So far I'm just taking the myotein as a post. Sometimes switch it up with the combat powder and syntha.
    Necessary, no, but I've been doing Intermittent Fasting and like having the addition of the leucine. Plus, you'll find often that MAN will have a deal of PF3 and receive a free leucine, and that also helps.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Necessary, no, but I've been doing Intermittent Fasting and like having the addition of the leucine. Plus, you'll find often that MAN will have a deal of PF3 and receive a free leucine, and that also helps.
    You take leucine just for your fasting? Don't really know to much of it's benefits.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.13%

leucine very effectively preserves muscle, so it benefits people fasting as well as people wishing to make gains i have found it to be very beneficial even when taking in enormous daily protein intakes. bodybuilders consume huge amounts of it for growth and recovery
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    leucine very effectively preserves muscle, so it benefits people fasting as well as people wishing to make gains i have found it to be very beneficial even when taking in enormous daily protein intakes. bodybuilders consume huge amounts of it for growth and recovery
    Thanks for the info, will look into leucine as well as agmatine to help in gains.
  18. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.89%

Just stick with the protein you have. If you want a Leucine product, pick up Analyzed Supplements or SNS Leucine. Multiple ways to use it also. Many take it in between meals and/or with their post-workout shake.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.42%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Protein supplementation is only for convenience, not needed. If you want to mix proteins, have steak and eggs...
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  20. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Please be fair to OP here. OP, Pf3 is not a replacement for protein. 2g of serum protein isolate will not produce the same effect as 20g of broad spectrum amino acids from whole protein. Pf3 may be used in addition to proper protein intake, but it is not a replacement. Sorry if that goes against any dogma but I don't think it's fair to tell this guy to cut down his protein intake just like that
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Please be fair to OP here. OP, Pf3 is not a replacement for protein. 2g of serum protein isolate will not produce the same effect as 20g of broad spectrum amino acids from whole protein. Pf3 may be used in addition to proper protein intake, but it is not a replacement. Sorry if that goes against any dogma but I don't think it's fair to tell this guy to cut down his protein intake just like that
    Believe me I wouldn't. If anything I would take it with my supps.
  22. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%

I've officially updated my weight on AM profiles from 185lb to 190lbs without changing my belt size. ive basically been trying to gain as much weight as possible since i started lifting 15 years ago (starting at 130lbs) and ive been frozen at 185lbs presumably due to limited stomach space. Im very excited by the potential that i can continue to put on weight with my high dose protocall without having to gorge disgusting amounts of food, as every time i think ive reached my limit, i see another pound up on my gym scale (approx every 2 weeks so far)

Dietary plasma protein is used more efficiently than ... [J Nutr. 2000] - PubMed - NCBI
    In that study, the pigs were eating 10% of diet (diet=280g at that age) of serum protein isolate. That is 28g, or roughly 14 servings, of Pf3. That is for a piglet. We would be talking several hundred servings for a human, especially a male adult who weight trains. They were also comparing it to extruded soy protein...

Anyway, I'm not saying Pf3 isn't beneficial because it absolutely can have gut and immune benefits. It is not, however, a replacement for OP's current proteins unless he consumes it at an equal dose.
  23. MAN up!!
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.68%

Whole foods are always better than supplements, Imo.
  24. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%

Believe me I wouldn't. If anything I would take it with my supps.
    Good. Treat protein powder like food. You should never change your diet or training to work around a supplement (unless we're talking "supplements" )
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Protein supplementation is only for convenience, not needed. If you want to mix proteins, have steak and eggs...
    Know that very well. Just asking opinions about alternating protein supplements. Not food. Trying to see if it will effect my workouts. The supplements I said all have different purposes for myself.
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Whole foods are always better than supplements, Imo.
    Completely agree. But like he said, supps are convenient.
  27. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Good. Treat protein powder like food. You should never change your diet or training to work around a supplement (unless we're talking "supplements" )
    Lol! All protein here! Just ordered a batch of some agmatine, read good things about it.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.13%

In that study, the pigs were eating 10% of diet (diet=280g at that age) of serum protein isolate. That is 28g, or roughly 14 servings, of Pf3. That is for a piglet. We would be talking several hundred servings for a human, especially a male adult who weight trains. They were also comparing it to extruded soy protein...Anyway, I'm not saying Pf3 isn't beneficial because it absolutely can have gut and immune benefits.
    yeah, i wish i was taking in 28g's a day. im actually taking 17.5g's. i put the study up because, believe it or not, ive had people try and tell me there is no association between eating pf3 and gaining weight. also, i havent dropped my regular protein powder; i have taken more than 20gs additional protein powder for a period and i did not add the weight; i dont really know why its happened, except that i added lots of pf3 and there's this study about pigs gaining weight.
    It is not, however, a replacement for OP's current proteins unless he consumes it at an equal dose.
    Is this statement based on anything? last i knew there werent any studies comparing them gram for gram in people. I, for one, wouldn't be so quick to lump a protein of such a different molecular weight and with the benefits you have mentioned as equal to regular protein.
  29. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%

Is this statement based on anything? last i knew there werent any studies comparing them gram for gram in people. I, for one, wouldn't be so quick to lump a protein of such a different molecular weight and with the benefits you have mentioned as equal to regular protein.
    This statement is based on centuries of nutritional and medical research which show that there is no replacement for dietary essential amino acids. They are essential and need to be consumed in one way or another, at the right dose. Pf3 can have whatever molecular weight it wants to have, the amino acid content is invariable on a gram for gram basis.
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

THANK YOU!!!

Ask a question and instead he gets sold a supplement.
  31. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.42%

Know that very well. Just asking opinions about alternating protein supplements. Not food. Trying to see if it will effect my workouts. The supplements I said all have different purposes for myself.

Just trying to save you some money. Protein supplements are food, just more expensive. I don't think eating different types of protein is going to have any negligible effect on your workouts. You're overthinking it.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.13%

This statement is based on centuries of nutritional and medical research which show that there is no replacement for dietary essential amino acids. They are essential and need to be consumed in one way or another, at the right dose. Pf3 can have whatever molecular weight it wants to have, the amino acid content is invariable on a gram for gram basis.
    it would be absurd to interpret my comments as advocation to henceforth deprive the body of all amino acids ; I have specifically stated I havent even stopped protein powder in addition to the food i eat. Your statement that pf3 is no different from any other protein powder is not based on centuries of anything, after all, people centuries ago werent eating protein powder in addition to the protein they got from meals and they didnt perform studies comparing protein powder to pf3.
  33. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%

it would be absurd to interpret my comments as advocation to henceforth deprive the body of all amino acids ; I have specifically stated I havent even stopped protein powder in addition to the food i eat. Your statement that pf3 is no different from any other protein powder is not based on centuries of anything, after all, people centuries ago werent eating protein powder in addition to the protein they got from meals and they didnt perform studies comparing protein powder to pf3.
    Never mind.
  34. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

yeah, i wish i was taking in 28g's a day. im actually taking 17.5g's. i put the study up because, believe it or not, ive had people try and tell me there is no association between eating pf3 and gaining weight. also, i havent dropped my regular protein powder; i have taken more than 20gs additional protein powder for a period and i did not add the weight; i dont really know why its happened, except that i added lots of pf3 and there's this study about pigs gaining weight.Is this statement based on anything? last i knew there werent any studies comparing them gram for gram in people. I, for one, wouldn't be so quick to lump a protein of such a different molecular weight and with the benefits you have mentioned as equal to regular protein.
    Piglets, not mature pigs, like a tiny little pig that will grow rapidly regardless...like a new born baby grows...
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.13%

Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    Piglets, not mature pigs, like a tiny little pig that will grow rapidly regardless...like a new born baby grows...
    not regardless at all. the other protein source they took didnt deliver those results. Chang's study is out there for everybody's scrutiny; ive already explained why i posted it, and not as the be-all, end-all of everything. Chang's made an effort to form a basis for his conclusion, unlike coop, who says a substance predominantly made up of immunoglobins, transferrin, igf ect is equal to any protein powder gram for gram ( "It is not, however, a replacement for OP's current proteins unless he consumes it at an equal dose."-coop.) whats strange is that you criticise Chang's demonstrated conclusion, but you have nothing to say against coops baseless one
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.76%

How did this turn into a pf3 debate?
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    How did this turn into a pf3 debate?
    No idea...
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.82%

To go back to OP's original post, it's not so much the different days but different times of day that might make a difference. Caseins are usually taken at night, some will advocate a blend throughout the day; especially if they have a product in the pipeline that is threatened by my original "use only PF3" statement. Thus your original post became a rep shark tank.
    BOARD TYRANT
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%

Well if you all care I ended up with good ol' gold standard, and I found another shake lying around called amp amplified wheybolic extreme. Good stuff, looked at the price to see if they still have it... Expensive as hell.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Protein/Supplements before bed and HGH
    By Wordz_Worf in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 02:32 AM
  2. Thinking about making a protein supplement
    By CREAO in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 01:57 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 08:09 PM
  4. Protein Foods vs. Protein Supplements