Alternating between protein supplements

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by dhaze View Post
    Know that very well. Just asking opinions about alternating protein supplements. Not food. Trying to see if it will effect my workouts. The supplements I said all have different purposes for myself.

Just trying to save you some money. Protein supplements are food, just more expensive. I don't think eating different types of protein is going to have any negligible effect on your workouts. You're overthinking it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    This statement is based on centuries of nutritional and medical research which show that there is no replacement for dietary essential amino acids. They are essential and need to be consumed in one way or another, at the right dose. Pf3 can have whatever molecular weight it wants to have, the amino acid content is invariable on a gram for gram basis.
    it would be absurd to interpret my comments as advocation to henceforth deprive the body of all amino acids ; I have specifically stated I havent even stopped protein powder in addition to the food i eat. Your statement that pf3 is no different from any other protein powder is not based on centuries of anything, after all, people centuries ago werent eating protein powder in addition to the protein they got from meals and they didnt perform studies comparing protein powder to pf3.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    it would be absurd to interpret my comments as advocation to henceforth deprive the body of all amino acids ; I have specifically stated I havent even stopped protein powder in addition to the food i eat. Your statement that pf3 is no different from any other protein powder is not based on centuries of anything, after all, people centuries ago werent eating protein powder in addition to the protein they got from meals and they didnt perform studies comparing protein powder to pf3.
    Never mind.

4. Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    yeah, i wish i was taking in 28g's a day. im actually taking 17.5g's. i put the study up because, believe it or not, ive had people try and tell me there is no association between eating pf3 and gaining weight. also, i havent dropped my regular protein powder; i have taken more than 20gs additional protein powder for a period and i did not add the weight; i dont really know why its happened, except that i added lots of pf3 and there's this study about pigs gaining weight.Is this statement based on anything? last i knew there werent any studies comparing them gram for gram in people. I, for one, wouldn't be so quick to lump a protein of such a different molecular weight and with the benefits you have mentioned as equal to regular protein.
    Piglets, not mature pigs, like a tiny little pig that will grow rapidly regardless...like a new born baby grows...

5. Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    Piglets, not mature pigs, like a tiny little pig that will grow rapidly regardless...like a new born baby grows...
    not regardless at all. the other protein source they took didnt deliver those results. Chang's study is out there for everybody's scrutiny; ive already explained why i posted it, and not as the be-all, end-all of everything. Chang's made an effort to form a basis for his conclusion, unlike coop, who says a substance predominantly made up of immunoglobins, transferrin, igf ect is equal to any protein powder gram for gram ( "It is not, however, a replacement for OP's current proteins unless he consumes it at an equal dose."-coop.) whats strange is that you criticise Chang's demonstrated conclusion, but you have nothing to say against coops baseless one
    •   

6. How did this turn into a pf3 debate?
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

7. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    How did this turn into a pf3 debate?
    No idea...

8. To go back to OP's original post, it's not so much the different days but different times of day that might make a difference. Caseins are usually taken at night, some will advocate a blend throughout the day; especially if they have a product in the pipeline that is threatened by my original "use only PF3" statement. Thus your original post became a rep shark tank.
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!

9. Well if you all care I ended up with good ol' gold standard, and I found another shake lying around called amp amplified wheybolic extreme. Good stuff, looked at the price to see if they still have it... Expensive as hell.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Protein/Supplements before bed and HGH
    By Wordz_Worf in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 02:32 AM
  2. Thinking about making a protein supplement
    By CREAO in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2006, 01:57 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 08:09 PM