cumminslifter feels the swell with X-gels

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
First off just wanted to give a big thanks to schizm and SNS for giveing me the opportuinity to log this product. ARA is one product i have always wanted to try simply due to the numerous amount of positive logs and reviews on it. I finally got my chance when i won an SNS giveaway and i chose to log x-gels. so lets do this! :banana:
i am 20 years old, been training (seriously) since i was 16-17. i have made a TON of progress over the years. I do an upper/lower split which i love and have been doing it for about a year now. Today was a rest day, tomorrow im jumping right into it with some squats! squats are one of my favorite exercises. last week i got 305lbs pretty easy then tried 315 and started to come up but dropped back down. i will be dosing 6 caps on workout days and none on rest days. i have done alot of research and found this to be one of the better protocols.

XGels_large.jpeg

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice man! Looking forward to following your progress :)

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
had an awesome squat day today, my legs are still wobbly and swole even 4 hours later. i can tell i am going to be sore tomorrow. Had awesome energy and focus today for some reason. i took 6 caps about 30-45min pre workout. you can definitely feel the pumps on this. my quads and hammies were feeling it. i always focus on quality controlled reps and explode on the concentric as fast as possible.

squats- 205lbs+chains (i think they are 40lbs each) 4x6
RDL- 245lbs 3x7
leg press- 320lbs(not including sled weight, i also go heels to butt on these with a nice slow eccentric) 3x10
leg curl- 3x8-12
leg ext- 3x8-12 (last set triple dropset)

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Had an awesome upper body workout today, my legs from yesterday are so sore its hard to walk, but i love it ;) i just recently switch from BB to DB bench last week. i am going to stick with DB for a little while since i have done BB for well over a year and never tried DB, i am liking the pump im getting in my chest from it. my triceps are fried, they are already sore.

DB bench- 80's 3x8
T-bar row-105lbs (not including bar) 3x10
DB OHP- 40's 3x10,9,8 (supersetted pullups in between rest sets)
straight arm pulldown- 40lbs 3x10 (haven't done these in awhile)
dips- (usually add a 45lb DB between my legs for the first set, but just went this BW for all sets this time) 3x12,9,8
lateral raise (strict)- 25's 3x8-12
*supperset*
DB overhead tricep- 45's 3x8-12
seat incline DB curl- 25's 3x8-12

i really blew up my arms at the end and did a triple drop set for both bi's and tri's. my arms are so fatigued.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
yesterday was a complete rest day, worked most the day. today i did some active recovery with some prowler pushing and sled pulls. also did some abs and calves. cant wait till deadlifts tomorrow!

Reactions: mw1
cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
wasnt really feeling it today for some reason. my lower back was already tight for some reason and i had deadlifts today, not a good combo. however i still maned up and tried to break a PR. last time i got 335lbs so today i was shooting for 340lbs. Did all my warmup. finally got to 340lbs and i got the bar about 3-4 inches off the ground and gave up. my back is killing me now. good thing i am going to the chiropractor in a couple hours :)

deadlift- 340lbs fail 235lbs pulled once every 30 seconds for 7 sets
hip thrust (for them glutes ;) 155lbs 3x10
leg press (first time ever i dropped the stopper down as far as it would go and went down that far every rep, super good stretch in my groin, hammies, and glutes) 4 plates 3x12
SLDL (went really slow on these 4-5 second eccentric, focused on stretch and lower back) 155lbs 3x12
leg curl- 3x8-12
leg extention- 3x8-12 last set triple drop set.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
wasnt really feeling it today for some reason. my lower back was already tight for some reason and i had deadlifts today, not a good combo. however i still maned up and tried to break a PR. last time i got 335lbs so today i was shooting for 340lbs. Did all my warmup. finally got to 340lbs and i got the bar about 3-4 inches off the ground and gave up. my back is killing me now. good thing i am going to the chiropractor in a couple hours :)

deadlift- 340lbs fail 235lbs pulled once every 30 seconds for 7 sets
hip thrust (for them glutes ;) 155lbs 3x10
leg press (first time ever i dropped the stopper down as far as it would go and went down that far every rep, super good stretch in my groin, hammies, and glutes) 4 plates 3x12
SLDL (went really slow on these 4-5 second eccentric, focused on stretch and lower back) 155lbs 3x12
leg curl- 3x8-12
leg extention- 3x8-12 last set triple drop set.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
sorry for no update yesterday, for some reason i could not get on AM.com. it would show everything on the page except the post in the thread and it would let me post.
Had awesome intensity and focus today, great MMC throughout the whole workout. i could really feel the muscle working and the pump is awesome on xgels
DB bench- 80's 3x8
DB OHP- 40's 3x10,9,8 (supersetted pullups in between rest sets)
straight arm pulldown- 40lbs 3x10 (haven't done these in awhile)
dips- (usually add a 45lb DB between my legs for the first set, but just went this BW for all sets this time) 3x12,9,8
lateral raise (strict)- 25's 3x8-12
*supperset*
DB overhead tricep- 45's 3x8-12
seat incline DB curl- 25's 3x8-12

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking good in here man...experiencing any more soreness today than you would normally have?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Looking good in here man...experiencing any more soreness today than you would normally have?
yes i can tell the DOMS is alot worse for sure. my lower back is killing me. yesterday was an active rest day.
Today i killed my legs with squats, hit a PR since i started using chains to squat. i also switched up my leg press from going down to the first stopper to going all the way down to the bottom, (to the point that i cant even stretch any further) it really hits the legs totally different when you go down that far.

squats- 210lbs+chains 4x6
RDL- 245lbs 3x7( wen real slow on these and focused on the stretch in my glutes and hammies)
leg press- 230lbs 3x10 (awesome pump in my legs, could hadrly walk to the water fountain)
leg curl- 3x8-12( double dropset)
leg ext- 3x8-12 (last set triple dropset)

the DOMS is more pronounced and the pumps are ridiculous.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
just finished up my upper body workout for today, had another awesome session, focus and intensity were off the charts today and the pump is so awesome. My legs are pretty sore from yesterday, especially my hammies. Loving these x-gels so far. feeling stronger everyday and lifts are improving. i really tried to torch my lats today with the supperset of pullups and straight arm pulldowns.

DB bench- 85's 3x6 drop set of DB flies
behind head OHP- 85lbs 3x10,9,8
*(supperset pullups and pulldowns)*
pullups- 3x6 (deadhang)
straight arm pulldown- 40lbs 3x10
by this time my triceps were killing
dips- 3x12,8,7
lateral raise (strict)- 25's 3x8-12( double dropset)
*supperset*
tricep pushdown- 35lb 3x8-12 (double dropset)
preacher curl- 75lbs 3x8-15( double dropset)

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
took the weekend off since i had to work both days, well rested i was ready to tear it up today. i was going to take a break from deads for awhile but no way i could stay away from them. Had a great workout, good intensity and i pulled a Deadlift PR. i blew my last PR by 10 pounds over what i did last week.

Deadlift- 345lbs PR 285 6 sets of one rep every 30 seconds
Glute machine- (dont use this very often but decided to try it today, tears of the hammies) 100lbs 3x12
leg press-320lbs 3x15,12,12 then i did 3 rest pause sets which were brutal
SLDL- 245lbs 2x6
leg curl- 3x8-12 last set i did 5 drop sets and killed my hamstrings
leg ext.-3x8-12 last set triple dropset

im ready for some crazy DOMS tomorrow.

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
man talk about a good workout! my arms are STILL shaking even 3 hours after my workout, i really hit everything super hard today especially my chest and delts. My delts have never felt this way after a workout.
My legs have some good DOMS, more than usually. the ARA is definitely taking its effects. my strength is increasing and the pumps are awesome.

DB bench- 85's 3x7 drop set of DB flies
T-bar row-135lbs 3x7
behind head OHP- 85lbs 3x10,9,8
*(supperset pullups and pulldowns)*
pullups- 3x6 (deadhang)
straight arm pulldown- 40lbs 3x10
dips- 3x12,9,8
*supperset*
lateral raise (strict)- 25's 3x8-12( double dropset)
DB flies- 35lbs 2x8
*supperset*
DB overhead- 45lb 3x8-12 (double dropset)
preacher curl- 75lbs 3x8-10( double dropset)

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
man the DOMS is really hitting hard now. my pecs were so sore yesterday it hurt to move my arms, i love it! the pumps are awesome and strength is going up every workout. i trained legs today, I hit 315lbs squat with really good depth today. let me know what you think of the video.
my legs are super shaky and wobbly. i feel like a new born deer lol. the pump i got today was crazy. after i did my max i knew i wasnt going to be hitting any PR;s on my other lifts so i went a bit lighter on my weights and did slightly higher reps. i tried to stay in the 8-15 rep range rather than the 6-12.

squat- 315lb PR( dropped weight to 205lbs and did 3x10 going ATG and squeezing the glutes. awesome pump)
RDL- 245lbs 3x7
leg press- (put the stop down as far as it could go, as far down as my legs can stretch, literally heels to butt) 230lbs 3x11
leg curl- 3x8-12
leg ext- 3x8-12 (last set i did 4 drop sets to equal 20 reps, it burnt so good)

http://videobam.com/EfFHB

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Boom!!! Up in this bishhhhh!!!!

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
had a much needed weekend off. my entire body felt like i got hit my a truck
EVERYTHING was sore. chest,tris,hammies,traps, lats,abs,calves, you name it. i love it though. Had deadlifts today and totally destroyed my workout. I didnt feel like going super heavy today and break PR's so i did more of a hypertrophy workout (which i love) but it hurts so much, for legs especially.
I did sumo deads for the first time ever in my life. You can feel it alot more in the hips and glutes than conventional. i pulled a 1rm at 285lbs which is alot more than i figured i would pull for the first time doing sumo.

sumo deadlift- 285bs max 235lbs pulled once every 15-30 seconds for 8 sets
RDL 235lbs 3x8 (2-3 sec. eccentric, focused on the stretch)
leg press- 320 3x10-13 (3-4sec eccentric)
SLDL ( 4-5 second eccentric) 185lbs 2x8
leg curl- 3x8-12 last set double dropset
leg extention- 3x8-12 last set triple drop set equaling 15 reps. i hate these so much, they literally will bring a tear to your eye.

i cant complain at all with my experience, crazy DOMS, awesome pumps, weights going up every week.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Almost a month in, man...has Xgels performed like you thought it would?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Almost a month in, man...has Xgels performed like you thought it would?
wow, didnt think anyone was even following along, thats why i havent been updating.
ya man i love them, i dont want it to end. strength has been increasing every session, DOMS like crazy. pump is awesome. no negative (besides DOMS if you think thats a negative, i dont) and all positives

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya, sorry, I'm horrible about remembering to check back in on logs...but, very glad you've enjoyed them so much, it always kills me to have to end a run...just got done with one earlier this week...maybe some places will have them up for Black Friday deals for ya...

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
Ya, sorry, I'm horrible about remembering to check back in on logs...but, very glad you've enjoyed them so much, it always kills me to have to end a run...just got done with one earlier this week...maybe some places will have them up for Black Friday deals for ya...
im looking for some awesome deals for black friday.
had a killer leg day today. dropped my squats down to 4x5 instead of 4x6 and went real heavy on them just to change it up a bit. legs are feeling juicy. definitely getting bigger and stronger.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I may be late but if theres even a log left, i'm in :D

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How have your DOMS been?

cumminslifter

cumminslifter

Awards
well guys, ive finished up my run of xgels and all i have to say is that it was great! great strength increases, awesome pump throughout each workout, and strong DOMS.
my major lifts went up around 5-10 pounds. not to shabby at all.
i want to thank schizm again for the opportunity and i cant wait to do another cycle of this.

Reactions: mw1