booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Special thanks to NomZ, GeekPoop, and the rest of the SNS guys for hooking me up with a bottle of Glycophase. I'm a bit late getting this log going and am already 1 week into my bottle so here's the layout and info below.

I've run this once before and throughly enjoyed it (all while gorging on mostly garbage carbs and such after coming off a 12week cut ha). This log will be quite different then my first for two reasons; 1, i wont be logging nearly as much. The reason fo rthis is that I will be having much more consistent meals and dosing so there really isn't a need. I'll log special occasions or anything out of the ordinary but more like 1-2x/week vs daily. 2, I wont be gorging myself on carbs too often as I'm cutting down a bit.

My standard diet looks like this at the moment:

-5whites w/ spinach and a pop tart or 1/2c oats
-Venison or chicken w/ salad or broccoli
-Pre-workout shake (isolate+casein)
-Post workout shake (isolate+casein)
-Casein with cottage cheese and some veggies

So as you can see most days will be very low carb. I will plan on having a refeed about 1x/week or so. Dosing will be x1 with my pre workout shake, and x1 pre-bed. From my last log the pre-bed dose was my favorite and drastically improved my sleep quality and amount. This willbe great since I've been having some issues sleeping lately. Welcome Aboard!

Reactions: mw1
NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In4 increased fullness and poptarts

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Here's the weekend update:

Friday was a standard day as listed above.

Sat I went up to close the cottage so my meals were a bit different then normal. I had my reg breakfast, protein bar on the ride up, then lunch was way off: 3 whites, 4 cut-ups (diced peppers/onions/tomatoes/celery on toast with a slice of cheese on top), an apple and a banana. Took my glycophase with this meal and then again pre-bed. I didnt get to eat again until like 10pm when I was back to some normal chicken/broccoli. The nice thing was this big gap allowed me to keep my cals in check while eating some oddball foods.

Sun was my refeed day so I got up, hit the gym, then came home for some oats, whites, and spinach. Next meeal was a few hours later and I took my glycophase with this: 1c birthday cake ice cream, 4 rice cakes (3 with jelly), chicken, salad. Later in the evening I had a shake and then my pre-bed dose. Woke up today looking just fine so I know the glycophase is doing its thing since I didnt ahve any residual bloating or anyhting negative. I actually didnt even gain any weight which is solid.

Notes: sleep has been deep and restful with the pre-bed dosing. I really enjoy the fact that this allows me to sleep through the night and wake up feeling much more refreshed. The only downside is that if I do this on a night that I sleep 5hrs or less I feel groggy as all hell in the morn and have a tough time getting up.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
nice! wheres the nooodz??
Ha I'll have to see what I can do about that. Not much to show off just yet but hopefully the progress will show.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
image-3666973730.jpg

Noodz for the man ha. Scale says 16% bf which is prob fairly accurate about now. Need to get to 10 before I bulk again but trying to do it slowly this time

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think 5hrs of sleep will make anyone groggy, lol.

Sounds like good stuff thus far, I've yet to try the pre-bed dosing, I'll need to.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I think 5hrs of sleep will make anyone groggy, lol.

Sounds like good stuff thus far, I've yet to try the pre-bed dosing, I'll need to.
You're missing out... first night I tried it was ok. Second night and beyond was lights out. It seems that the emptier your stomach is before bed, the stronger the effects.

808shredded

Awards
  • Established
I have bought glycophase myself. I wanna see the effects in a low carb diet before I use it.

I'm in

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A couple points I've noticed thus far:

- Pump and overall fullness seems to be more prevalent throughout the day even with the low carb week

-No ill effects were noticed from the refeed (bloat, gi issues, etc.). Also of note is that i felt really good while I was eating and at the end of the day. Never felt "too full" or got hot and just generally uncomfortable. I'll probably try to get up a bit earlier and begin my refeed earlier this sunday so that I can add some calories and more carbs and see how that goes since this weeks response was so favorable.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So the last few days I've been pretty busy, was putting a new roof on all weekend which made my refeed day sunday all late in the evening. I wasn't eating on much of a schedule over the weekend (clean food though prior to the refeed) so I just dosed as I rememebered and then pre-bed on saturday.

Sunday's refeed was as follows with a glycophase prior to starting, and one about 4 hours later:
3c cereal (1c each - reeses puffs, kashi, raisin bran)
small pumpkin pie blizzard
1c birthday cake ice cream
4 rice cakes (2 with jelly)
1c oats with 1 sc whey
8oz chicken
large salad

I had also had some egg whites and a protein bar earlier in the day but essentially no calories from 10am-7pm. Then all that within a few hours. It was glorious but I had a pretty good food baby going which made having sex a bit awkward as I was huffing and puffing ha.

Woke up monday looking the leanest I have in awhile and up only about 1lb so everything is working very well. This morning was the same, looking better, while still staying the same weight or even gaining a tad.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds great so far, will have to put my Glycophase to good use when I refeed for my PL competition next weekend.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Final week coming up here and great results so far. Refeed yesterday was amazing especially after a hard leg day. Pancakes, ice cream, rice cakes, cereal, etc. good times. Woke up looking a tad softer so I may scale back a bit but weight wasn't too far off what was expected so I'm not too worried.

Last week was a pretty solid diet week with just one night (fri) where I had a bit more fat then I wanted but shouldn't have been an issue.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Last day here... I was travelling for work mon/tues/wed so diet was not what it would have been at home just due to timing. fewer/bigger meals and more
"eating out" foods. Decided its probably best to give myself a little leeway since I feel like I'm dieting almost year round just to maintain a reasonable physique. Probably going to finish this up, take a few weeks to drop some fast weight (ultra low carbs and a refeed only every 10-14 days) and then enjoy the holidays without worrying too much about my weight.

Some final thoughts:
-Pre-bed is still my favorite dose, as this leaves me fairly dry in the morning and the sleep is just incredible (better then any sleep aid I've tried)
-I seem to feel best if my carb meals are fairly small vs say 2cups of oats at one sitting. Seems that if you go too far the glycophase is just overpowered initially. I do think that it definintely works longer term though as I haven't gone up in weight as drastically as expected after refeeds.
-I enjoyed and felt this worked great with my lower carb setup and would run it this way again in the future.
-Might try some double or more doses in the future just to see how that works out.

Thanks again to all the guys at SNS and feel free to let me know if you guys have any other questions. I'll try to get an after picture up here this afternoon for a reference.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to the next update as you seemed to experience some great effects.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
image-1918477088.jpg

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely looks like you are carrying less bloat/fat around the midsection.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Definitely looks like you are carrying less bloat/fat around the midsection.
Agreed. That's how I feel as well. Nothing drastic but for 4 weeks and having a monster refeed/cheat day I like the progress. The goal is to take it slower this year so this is a perfect start