Finaflex providing some STIMUL8'tion (sponsored)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all a big thanks to Edje007 and the rest of the Finaflex crew for this opportunity to log Stimul8. Considering my success when using other products from the Finaflex line - I have no doubt this product will shine. Seriously, solid company with a great team here folks.

Got home for work today to find this in the mail, was quite excited:

IMG-20130925-00005.jpg

I'll be utilizing Lane Norton's P.H.A.T. training protocol which I have been enjoying for the last 8 weeks. Split looks like this:

Day 1 - Upper Body Power
Day 2 - Lower Body Power
Day 4- Back & Shoulders Hypertrophy
Day 5 - Lower Body Hypertrophy
Day 6 - Chest & Arms Hypertrophy

My days always start off with a 5-7 km fasted run in the mornings. 4-5 evenings a week I will add a 2nd cardio session in the form of a 8 km fast paced walk.

My weights sessions are either after my run, or after work and always in a fasted fashion.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice surprise when I got home today, as I was not expecting this to arrive till next week. Opened the package and found a tub of Stimul8 and a nice shaker cup. That was a bonus, and is great quality.

5:10pm mixed 3/4 of a scoop of 'Apple Blast' Stimul8, gave it a quick shake and downed it. Great flavour profile and excellent mixability, as there was no left over residue in the bottom of the shaker.

5:28pm started to feel the Beta-Alanine 'fuzzies'.. and headed out to the garage. Within minutes I felt my energy level rise - not in a jittery, stimmed out way but more of a clean very 'up' feeling. I also quickly felt very focused and during my session sweat more than usual. I did not get a chill feeling that some users have mentioned.

Before I get into my workout I will add that my energy levels were elevated for between 3-3.5 hours but there was no crash at all, it just wore off. Great tansition.

09/25/2013

Day 5: Lower Body Hypertrophy

Squats - Speed
225x3
245x3
245x3
255x3
255x3
255x3

Hack Squats
210x12
220x12
220x12

Leg Extensions
115x20
115x20
115x20
115x20
115x17

- from set 3 on had a lot of pauses but powered through the pain. Was very focused.

Romanian Deadlift
180x12
180x12
180x10 - sweat was burning the heck out of my eyes, had to stop

Leg Curls
65x20
65x20
65x17
65x15

- found this a little tougher than last week. But felt more focused on each rep so maybe form was slightly better.

Barbell Calf Raises superset with 3 sets Crunches and then 3 sets of Ab Wheel rollouts
210x20 / 25
210x20 / 25
210x20 / 25
210x18 / 10
210x17 / 10
210x15 / 10

- 5 second negatives on Calf Raises.

Great first session with Stimul8. Energy/focus both helped me to push hard and squeeze out all I could. Went back in the house with very wobbly legs. Waited an hour and then stretched out my legs for an 8 km walk (with all kinds of energy I might add).

I will admit I am already looking forward to seeing what Stimul8 does prerun (I will dose that way Friday or Saturday).

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Yes it's a winner in my book.

I'm very interested in PHAT. How long have you been following and what are your thoughts?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for PHAT and metric distance runs. Good lifting.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yaaay

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
NOT first
still IN

(and oooo what a sexy shaker cup there yonder) :wiggle:

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes it's a winner in my book.

I'm very interested in PHAT. How long have you been following and what are your thoughts?
About 8 weeks. I usually do FST-7, so find it different and very enjoyable.

The upper body power day is grueling. Really like hitting each body part twice a week though.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In for this one. Also curious on how things have progressed composition and mass wise since you have been on the PHAT.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for this one. Also curious on how things have progressed composition and mass wise since you have been on the PHAT.
Thanks Chris.

I would have to see I have noticed the most change in chest/upper back and legs. Some change in stomach area (with the addition of the abwheel) and arms seem bigger (should take a measurement). All that said, I have also lost about 11 lbs of bodyfat in the last 6 weeks, with the extra cardio and training style so that could account for some of the visual change (especially in stomach region). I do find some of my shirts fit a little snugger across the chest/shoulders.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're welcome....in for the Stimul8 ion

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/26/2013

Upon rising: 5km fasted run - then off to work. (no will be no second session today)

Day 6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy

Dosed 1 full scoop of Stimul8 (20 minutes before going to the garage. I could feel the beta-alanine in mere minutes, within 20 even my legs had that fuzzy session)

Flat Bench Press - Speed
225x3
235x3
245x3
245x3
255x3
255x3

Incline Dumbbell Press
60x12
60x12
60x12

Hammer Grip Dumbbell Press
50x15
50x15
50x15 (12, pause, 3)

Incline Dumbbell Flies
45x20
45x17 (12, pause, 3, pause, 2 with sloppy form)

Preacher Curls superset with Overhead Tricep Extension
90x12 / 110x12
90x12 / 110x12
90x12 / 110x12

Concentration Curls superset with Rope Pushdowns
30x15-15 / 90x15
30x15-15 / 90x15
30x12-13 / 90x15

pider Curls superset with Vbar Pushdowns
55x20 / 100x20
55x20 / 100x20
55x20 (16, pause, 4) / 100x20

Solid workout, great focus, and an excellent pump in my chest and arms. Worked up a tremendous sweat and really pushed hard. Three times I enjoyed the 'chill' sensation. Thermo effect was very strong, but then would break for 20-30 seconds as the sensation came over me. I would equate it to the 'shivers' you get when your favorite team wins a title (Bruins with the cup!) almost like goosebumps. Kinda neat actually.

Two last things - my energy levels just evened back out (3 hours later, with no crash). Again a great transition. Also, no gastric issues at all. I have downed a few preworks that have you on the toilet either during or after your workout. So far so good in that department.

Tomorrow is a day off weights, but will go for an 8km run in the morning. I am going to dose 1/2 a scoop before heading out the door to see what kind of effect I get while running, and at what point it kicks in.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bruins win the cup? When has that happened? Seems like you would forget that sensation because it's been so long. Either way, the chill is nice, huh?

Edit: I guess 2011 wasn't that long ago.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bruins win the cup? When has that happened? Seems like you would forget that sensation because it's been so long. Either way, the chill is nice, huh?

Edit: I guess 2011 wasn't that long ago.
I was going to say when Team Canada steps on the ice ... but that might not go over so well here lol. And yes, 2011 wasn't so long ago. Heck the comeback in game 7 against the Leafs gave me that sensation this year.

The chill is great, almost felt like it was regulating my body temp. Just as I felt overheated, I'd get the sensation.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are yall talking about?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All caught up and following, wasme.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/27/2013

Upon rising: 8km fasted run

I took 1/2 a scoop of Stimul8 about 10 minutes before going for my run. Here were my observations:

- Definitely an elevation in breathing.
- Cool mornings, but was sweating almost instantly, couple of chills (which were welcomed)
- At about the 3km mark, I felt a bit of a burst of energy. Pace quickened. At about the 7km mark this tapered off and I was glad I was only 1km from home.
- Mood was good for the entire run, mind clear. Usually I will do a fair bit of thinking while running (problems, supplement/workout plans, things about my kids) but today just enjoyed the music.

One thing that bean5er said last night that I have to agree with is there is a definite sense of appetite suppression. My workouts on Day 1 and 2, left me only being able to eat half my normal dinner. And this morning, after my run I had an isolate shake and then nothing else for about 4 hours. For me this is certainly not a bad thing.

I am curious if this is due to the IRISINXD that is also in PX Black? If so, I might just have to look into that product - as I am trying to cut body fat.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
9/27/2013 Upon rising: 8km fasted run I took 1/2 a scoop of Stimul8 about 10 minutes before going for my run. Here were my observations: - Definitely an elevation in breathing. - Cool mornings, but was sweating almost instantly, couple of chills (which were welcomed) - At about the 3km mark, I felt a bit of a burst of energy. Pace quickened. At about the 7km mark this tapered off and I was glad I was only 1km from home. - Mood was good for the entire run, mind clear. Usually I will do a fair bit of thinking while running (problems, supplement/workout plans, things about my kids) but today just enjoyed the music. One thing that bean5er said last night that I have to agree with is there is a definite sense of appetite suppression. My workouts on Day 1 and 2, left me only being able to eat half my normal dinner. And this morning, after my run I had an isolate shake and then nothing else for about 4 hours. For me this is certainly not a bad thing. I am curious if this is due to the IRISINXD that is also in PX Black? If so, I might just have to look into that product - as I am trying to cut body fat.
Very good to here buddy. I had no idea of the similarity between the two having never used either. I would be interested in the PX black as well.

Keep killing it buddy

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very good to here buddy. I had no idea of the similarity between the two having never used either. I would be interested in the PX black as well.

Keep killing it buddy
I am going to definitely order a bottle to try. Thanks bean, really enjoying Stimul8 so far. Workout this morning was so intense.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/28/13

Had a nice evening out with my wife last night. A nice dinner (steak, sweet potato fries, salad), and went to Yuk Yuk's, which is a comedy club here in Toronto. Was funny - but not quite like the Comedy Cellar in New York (but that was to be expected).

Warmup - 5km run through park (fasted) - dosed 1 scoop of Stimul8 moments before heading out the door.

Day 1 - Upper Body Power

Bent Over Rows - Rest 90 seconds
185x5
185x5
205x5
205x5
205x5

Wide-Neutral Grip Pulldowns - 45 seconds rest
200x10
210x10
220x10

Close-grip Palms facing Pulldowns - 30 seconds rest
210x10
210x10
210x8

Bench Press - 90 seconds rest
180x8
180x8
260x5
280x5
290x2

- last week hit 290x3, so was a little dissappointed here. My shoulder is still acting up though and it just felt like way to much pressure. In fact, the 280x5 was tough as hell.

Flat Dumbbell Press - 60 seconds rest
70x10
70x10
70x10

- Used a press and twist at the top, seemed to take some pressure of my left shoulder. I was stretching it out after each set of bench, and dumbbell bench (and shoulder press as well)

Military Shoulder Press - 90 seconds rest
120x10
120x10
120x10
120x10

- Again weight down on this, as I try to keep my shoulder from getting worse. Any recommendations please feel free. I have been taking Achilles for about 6 weeks now (knees are wonderful, but this shoulder...)

Ez Bar Curls supersetted with Facepulls - 30 seconds rest after each superset
100x10 / 100x12
100x10 / 100x12
100x10 / 100x12

- went with 5 seconds negatives on the facepulls. Last set was tough to pull out.

Closegrip Bench Press supersetted with Machine Flies - 30 seconds rest after each superset
165x10 / 100x10
165x10 / 100x10
165x10/ 100x10

- slow and steady on the flies.

Stimul8 notes:

- Half way through my run breathing was up, endurance was nice though..finished with ease.
- Got home, had a glass of water and was in the garage.
- Mind/muscle connection was great today.
- Thermo very strong today, yet had one bout of the chills, that had goosebumps all over my arms. Anyone know what causes the chill sensation?
- 2 hours later energy levels are way up, in fact I'm going to take advantage and go do some yard work.

** One last thing to mention - missing my G8 and BCAASAA.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Had a nice evening out with my wife last night. A nice dinner (steak, sweet potato fries, salad)
now that's the way to eat out ;)
went to Yuk Yuk's, which is a comedy club here in Toronto.
only in Canada can they come up with a name like that :rolleyes:
Bench Press - 90 seconds rest
180x8
180x8
260x5
280x5
290x2

- last week hit 290x3, so was a little dissappointed here. My shoulder is still acting up though and it just felt like way to much pressure. In fact, the 280x5 was tough as hell.
sometimes you go down a lil bit, before shooting up again
but - that really is a nice bench my friend, especially following the other exercises you were doing combined with short rest like that...kudos
One last thing to mention - missing my G8 and BCAASAA.
:sad:
that can be solved easily, nothing to it but to place an order to your friendly nutraplanet shop

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
now that's the way to eat out ;)
only in Canada can they come up with a name like that :rolleyes:

sometimes you go down a lil bit, before shooting up again
but - that really is a nice bench my friend, especially following the other exercises you were doing combined with short rest like that...kudos
:sad:
that can be solved easily, nothing to it but to place an order to your friendly nutraplanet shop
Indeed, nothing like a nice NY Striploin!

It is actually a pretty bad name lol

Thanks brother!

And that order was placed a few days ago, got some goodies going to Myrtle Beach!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/29/13

Warmup - 5km run (fasted).

Got home dosed a full scoop of Stimul8, took my son to work and home to lift.

Day 2 - Lower Body Power

Squats - 90-120 seconds rest
160x8
180x8
260x5
280x5
295x5

- had the chills on set 3 and 4, and energy kicked in full on the 4th... was a nice clean ride that 2 hours later I am still feeling :)

Hack Squats - 60 seconds rest
240x10
240x10

Leg Extensions - 30 seconds rest ( SUPERSET with STLD)
145x10
145x10
145x10

Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 30 seconds rest
205x8
205x8
205x8

- I felt like I had so much drive/energy that I tried to superset LE and STLD was brutal and was soaked by the end of it.

Lying Legs Curls supersetted with Ab Wheel
90x10 / 10
90x10 / 10
90x10 / 10

Barbell Calf Raises supersetted with Crunches - NO rest
210x20 / 25
210x20 / 25
210x16 / 25
210x18 / 25

- calves were done with 5 second negatives...

Excellent session today, was absolutely drenched by the end of it. Legs are just dead - but I am still full of energy.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In, and great start Wasme!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am going to definitely order a bottle to try. Thanks bean, really enjoying Stimul8 so far. Workout this morning was so intense.
You should try the PX black....very good in appetite suppression, if that's what your looking for

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should try the PX black....very good in appetite suppression, if that's what your looking for
Definitely will add that to my list for Myrtle Beach. Going to do another order in a couple of days from the planet.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10/01/2013

Only managed about 4 hours sleep last night, but was still up at 550 and out the door for a fasted 5km run - then off to work.

Looking forward to my scoop of Stimul8 when I get home and Back and Shoulder Hypertrophy workout shortly there after... Also curious to see if I get the same sense of hunger suppression after my workout.

Until then...

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...continued

Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy

Dosed: 3/4 scoop of Stimul8 (to roll back and guage the difference for me).

Bent Over Row Speed - 45 seconds rest
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3
185x3

Pulldowns (wide grip) - 45 seconds rest
200x12
210x12
220x12

Seated Rows - 45 seconds rest
140x12
140x12
140x12

One Arm Dumbbell Rows - no rest
70x15/15
70x15/15

Close Grip Pull downs (Palms facing) superset with Strechers - no rest
160x20 / 140x20
160x20 / 140x20

- lats were really pumped after the stretchers

Seated Dumbbell Press - 45 seconds rest
45x15
45x15

- I was going to go up to 50's this week, but my shoulder is still bugging me so left as is.

Upright Rows superset with Facepulls - no rest
80x15 / 100x15
80x15 / 100x15
80x15 / 100x15

- dropped the weight on upright rows but added 5 reps and tried to use the strictest form possible.
- also added an extra set of each

Lateral Raises superset with Dumbbell Shrugs - no rest
20x20 / 60x15
20x20 / 60x15
20x20 / 60x15

Really good workout, and time flew. Finished up in just under an hour. Had a great pace, breathing way up, strong thermo - however no sense of 'chills' on this day. Great mind / muscle connection though.

Good stuff!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bit of stress at home...so decided to just add a second cardio session today.

Started as a walk, got about 1 km in and said screw it and started running. Half way through my run there is a 160ft hill that has a pretty steep incline so I decided to incorporate some HIIT. Ran up it 10 times (walk down and right back up). Then jogged back home. Legs should just be wonderful tomorrow for leg day!

This is where I run:

IMG-20131001-00008.jpg

And the hill, that I am going to probably use for some HIIT training at times. (when not at the local high school track):

IMG-20131001-00007.jpg

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good volume and beautiful scenery. I hate Canada a little less now.

Nooshefx

Nooshefx

Awards
  • Established
All caught up and that pic of where you run looks like something from a painting. That should motivate anyone to train there. WoW!