Formutech Level II Mini Log/Review
- 09-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Formutech Level II Mini Log/Review
Whats up AM! I'm back at it with another little mini-log / mini-review of Formutech Nutrition's up and coming fat burner cleverly named LEVEL II. Me and a handful of guys here on AM were picked to log a little sample of this super potent fat burner! It may have arrived in a SUPER TINY container but it sure does pack one helluva punch! I know most of you here are used to me posting long elaborate logs that are like reading through bibles. It'll be a little different in this log because I'm not using LEVEL II as a preworkout. I'm just taking it first thing when I wake up. So because of this I'll be giving you guys some inner-monologue of my feelings and perceived sensations from dosing it as I go day-to-day. At the end of this log I will be comparing LEVEL II to two other fat burner powders I have tried in the past which includes Lecheek Nutritions' Ripped Cocktail as well as PES's Alphamine.
Will Level II step up to the challenge? Read on to find out!TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
- 09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
FORMUTECH NUTRITION'S LEVEL II
Alllll right. You guys asked for it. So here it is. The final review. Now I've never been the type of logger that goes through and gives out points based on categories for things such as taste, mixability, effects, etc. I feel like when reviews become this subjective the only way to truly evaluate them is to narrate my feelings based upon my perceived observations while taking such a supplement. So don't expect me to say 4.6/5 here and 10/10 there etc. You'll have to do some reading
In comparison to both Lecheek Nutrition's Ripped Cocktail and PES's Alphamine, my views are going to be a little skewed. I have run full containers of both of those supplements whereas Level II was only a sample trial. So I can't actually say how well Level II would have done in the long run compared to these other fat burning powders!
Level II is fantastic at doing a few things!
1) It will backhand slap the **** out of you within about 5 minutes of taking it. I took it each morning before getting ready to go to work. My dosings (as you'll see further into this review) went up the deeper I got into this log but the effect was also the same (only becoming more long lasting with a greater dose). I would either pour a scoopful directly into a glass with water and mix it, or I'd open a water bottle, drink a little bit out to make run for Level II, and then pour Level II onto a piece of paper, form a funnel, and dump it in. In both instances by the time almost 5 minutes had gone by I found myself vigorously brushing my teeth to no end because I was concentrating so hard on brushing my teeth. It wakes you up, locks in your focus, and makes you feel ready to tackle the day.
2) It mixes well. It goes down well. It'll make you look forward to tomorrow just so you can take it again. In both instances of mixing, only when I dropped the scoop into a glass of water did I really run into any type of snag. If you follow that method the powder just floats gently on the top of the water waiting for you to put a spoon in and stir it up. If you are drinking from a glass you will notice that some of the powder will stick to the side of your cup as the volume gets less and less. Just throw in a bit more water, swish it around, and problem solved.
3) You will be awake, alert, and energized for HOURS after you've taken it. My typical work day consists of a diet mountain dew on the way in to work. A few squirts of MIO energy after breakfast and lunch, and then depending on how I feel maybe some more MIO before the drive home. When I took Level II I never felt the need to take in any more caffeine because the energy high stuck with me for my entire work day... which is a straight 12.5 hours. This did not disturb my sleep patterns because I only dosed once at 5AM (one day I did two dosings... more on that) however I would recommend not taking this anywhere NEAR your bedtime or you'll be up all night wanting to collate files or something.
4) You won't want to eat. EVER. Level II straight knocks the appetite right out of you and it doesn't return. Now I've taught myself to eat on a schedule and when a certain time rolls around I know it means time to eat. However with Level II I had to force myself to eat... not because I was hungry, but because I need to maintain my caloric input so I can stay at the size I am right now! This supplement would be especially welcome for someone that does Intermittent Fasting (LeanGains) protocol!
5) Dosages for me were as follows: Initially for the first few days I only took 1 scoop in the morning. Then I branched out and tried to take 2 scoops in the morning but I had an over-stimulated effect and decided to pull back my dose after that. I ended up finding a happy place at 1.5 scoops and on my last day I took 1.5 scoops in the morning and 0.5 scoops at night. Same great effects as you've read above and no issues with sleeping!
So how does this compare to Alphamine and Ripped Cocktail? If any of you have read my Ripped Cocktail log I came to the conclusion that RC would be better if it were combined with other fat burners because I didn't feel as though it packed a powerful enough punch on its own. I think, depending on the synergistic ingredients within the unknown Level II label... that Level II would perfectly compliment RC if one were so inclined.
The real showdown is between Alphamine and Level II. Level II takes the early lead with the kick-in effect time. Alphamine slowly builds up after dosing whereas Level II is right up in your face almost minutes after taking it. So if you are needing something that brings you the energy nice and fast without waiting and you need to be wide awake within minutes then Level II is what you want. Both Alphamine and Level II are equally great and causing appetite suppression, long lasting energy, and fat loss... I guess the real conclusion would be its up to you to decide which one you'd rather use based on flavoring!
TL;DR: Level II is going to bring some big competition to the fat burner powder playing field. With a great flavor, easy mixability, and quick/long lasting effects including energy and appetite suppression, if fat loss is you game then Level II is definitely something you should consider adding to your supplement arsenal.TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
09-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Big things come in small packages!
09-17-2013, 11:29 AM
First day I get to savor the flavor (which is grape)! The smell is fantastic and I'm hoping its just a precursor to what the flavor is going to be like. The scooper is very tiny like the kind you would find in micronized preworkouts. I took my first dose with a 16oz. water bottle. Opened the water and take a few sips, took an envelope and poured one scoop of LEVEL II onto it, formed a funnel, and poured it into my water. Close the bottle and shook it for a good 10 seconds. Color went from clear to an immediate dark purple like Grape Gatorade. When I opened the bottle and took my first sip it tasted (surprisingly) extremely pleasant! Wasn't a nasty grape-medicine-y taste, wasn't bland or chalky! Went down very easy and smooth like a grape fruit drink should!
After about ten minutes is where it got weird for me. I was sitting on my bed watching the news trying not to do anything (on an empty stomach) to see if I could judge when it kicks it. And I certainly could... I immediately felt a sensation like I had someone sitting on my chest. Breathing felt hard almost as though I couldn't get a full breath of air into my lungs. I sat on the bed for awhile thinking it would subside but it got worse. I started to get up to look for my wife's albuterol inhaler but she had taken it with her to work. So I walked back into the kitchen and drank another bottle of water and the dyspnea seemed to subside. What came next was very interesting... I didn't feel a kick in heat like I was expecting. Instead I felt cold throughout all of my limbs. My arms legs were freezing and I had to put a hoodie on to keep myself warm. Made me wonder if something inside LEVEL II was causing this phenomenon! I became much more awake and alert after about 30 minutes and then it was on to the rest of my day!
09-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Don't worry guys... no more strange sides today. Did the same thing as yesterday... used a water bottle to mix it and when that was downed I poured some more water into a cup and drank that as well. No strange breathing problems today. Became awake and alert... and now something different! My face became extremely flushed and not only did I perceive it to feel hot but it was hot to the touch as well like I was running a fever or something! Quickly dissipated and has not returned. I'm loving the flavor! I've been taking it on an empty stomach and it definitely suppressed my appetite for a good while!
09-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Ok now we are all caught up and current. Poured a glass of water this time and mixed in LEVEL II with a spoon. Mixed easy and went down smooth as ever. I'm starting to look forward to taking this now when I awaken each morning! I may be getting adjusted to whatever is inside the ingredient profile because I didn't feel any chills or hot sensations today. Just a caffeine blast and nothing more. Perhaps I'll take more than one scoop tomorrow?
09-17-2013, 12:15 PM
In......2 scoops? make sure the fire extinguisher is handy
Use code shawn for a free gift
09-17-2013, 12:17 PM
09-17-2013, 01:58 PM
09-17-2013, 02:14 PM
09-17-2013, 02:50 PM
two scoops??!! interested in seeing the rush from that. from my experience, I think one will do just fine.
09-17-2013, 03:14 PM
09-17-2013, 04:13 PM
09-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Well guise, I did it. I took 2 scoops at once. Did my usual little water bottle maneuver and funneled 2 scoops in there. Its been about 5 mintues or sidg[oagn'innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnf
09-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Well obviously no one appreciated that joke lol. Updates coming.
09-19-2013, 11:25 AM
09-19-2013, 11:43 AM
09-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Sorry fellas work got a little hectic yesterday (hospital) and I couldn't update. Will get at it today since I'm off.
09-20-2013, 01:01 PM
DAY 4 - SRS
Had to work this morning. Up at 5am for a 12 hour shift at the hospital. I hate waking up this early and find it awkward when on my day off I can get up at 8AM and say that I slept in lol. I'm grateful to have Level II with me because it really jumpstarts my morning routine at work where I need to be alert, oriented, and constantly on the move. So I tried the ever elusive two scoops today. Took a cup down from the cupboard and filled it up with water (I think they are 20oz. cups if filled to the brim). Placed two scoops into the water and much like a water bug Level II just sat in a giant clump on the top. It didn't sink or eventually settle in so out came the spoon to stir it up. Stirred it for a good 10 seconds or so and the water turned a nice shade of dark purple and it was down the hatch. Taste was still spectacular as usual. My drive into work lasts me about 30 minutes and by the time I hit the highway Level II kicked in. I was suddenly knocked out of my grogginess feeling and slammed full steam ahead into being awake. However it was just a bit too much. I definitely had that over-stimmed feeling. Felt like my arms had a slight twitch going. I could feel my heart pounding a little faster inside my chest and I almost became TOO focused on what I was doing. My wife was sitting shotgun and she'd ask me a question that I would ignore simply because I was way in tune to the radio or paying attention to traffic. Almost like whatever I wasn't focused on was drowned out. The upside here is that my usual routine at work is to drink a MIO ENERGY (or coffee) about mid morning and then again after lunch. This was not needed whatsoever and I felt nice and awake the ENTIRE day!
As big of a stim junkie as I am I must say that two scoops is probably too much for this guy. I either need to get used it still or tone it back some.
09-20-2013, 01:03 PM
1.5 scoops is definitely my sweet spot! No overstimulation and just the right amount of thermogenesis and alertness I would expect from such a product. Its been a few hours since I've taken it and I'm still going like I'm hooked up to a caffeine IV. Appetite suppression has kicked in and even though I ate breakfast almost 4 hours ago I haven't found myself looking for a snack like I usually do. I'm interested in knowing if there is something beta-alanine-ish in this product because I can almost feel those familiar tingles I get from popping BA pills... somewhat of a nice parathesia effect that lets me know its kicked in.
Tomorrow will be my last dose I think! Final review to follow
09-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Today is that sad day that none of us look forward to. The end of the tub. So this morning I woke up and took 1.5 scoops and mixed it into a cup of water. Should have taken a picture of it. It just plops into the cup and floats on the top. Some of it begins to dissipate into the bottom. You can see the flavoring kick in and there are sprinkles of deep blue and purple quickly sinking towards the bottom. Stuck my spoon in and gave it the old coffee stir. Turned a nice shade of purple and went down as delicious as ever. Much to my surprise there was actually enough left for maybe 0.75 scoops which I decided I'd take with me to work and use in the afternoon after I get that bogged down/groggy feeling from eating lunch. Right on time as usual about halfway through my downtown commute the LEVEL II kicked in and I began to feel myself wake up and become much more alert. 1.5 scoops was the bullseye for me as far as dosing is concerned. Not stimmed out, but not still feeling groggy and sluggish. Caffeine factor is a huge boost for me with this supplement. Felt some mild thermogenesis but no tingles, coldness, or face flushing as with the first few doses. Body must be adjusting.
Took this after eating quite the hefty lunch. Had myself a wrap from our grill place. Spinach wrap with turkey + bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, onions and some ranch covered in pepperjack cheese. A delicious afternoon treat! About 30 minutes later I took my last and final dose of LEVEL II which made me sad. Kicked in much quicker this time which was a surprise considering I probably still had a half full stomach. Became wide awake and alert and was ready to take on the day like I had just rolled out of bed. Mild thermogenesis again and appetite suppression to the fullest. Kept me going through the rest of my shift which was great because the end of it became quite a chore.
Final review coming.
09-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Dang, missed the log but I caught up. Formutech knows how to flavor that is for sure. I am interested to try this preworkout. Volatile is amazing, so Level II should be epic!
09-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Thx DJ. Will let everyone know when it is on the shelves
Use code shawn for a free gift
09-22-2013, 11:17 AM
09-22-2013, 12:58 PM
09-22-2013, 01:00 PM
09-23-2013, 09:27 AM
I have been traveling a ton so not able to keep up much with logs. There is no Beta Alanine in it. I spent most of last week in PA and upstate NY with outside distributor reps. The big consensus on this is pretty freaky strong with an insane appetite suppression. The rep and I took it at 9AM and hardly ate the rest of the day for two straight days. I really forgot how prevalent that attribute is with this. Looking forward to your review. Of course by Wednesday I will be heading to Vegas for the O. thanks again
09-23-2013, 11:15 AM
Hey DJ, did you ever have an issues with your joints aching throughout the day? Like 2 days I took a scoop, I felt that way all day. But some days not.
09-23-2013, 02:20 PM
09-23-2013, 02:21 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By bigbruiser739 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 20Last Post: 10-01-2013, 07:07 PM
- By matt352 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 15Last Post: 09-22-2011, 01:32 PM
- By ato ucf in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 9Last Post: 05-25-2010, 12:20 PM
- By Gtarzan81 in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 12Last Post: 02-23-2008, 11:15 AM
- By supersoldier in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 16Last Post: 04-15-2007, 03:35 PM