PURUS LABS Daily Video Log: CONDENSE + DPOL FTW!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For those of you here that know me and are partaking in the journey of this log I welcome you with a giant e-high five because you already know what to expect from my logs (hopefully)! And for those of you that don't... get ready because epicness is sure to ensue. I have never taken a Purus product in my life and when I saw Aaron's post in the promo section I figured I'd jump on it so I could finally see what all the chatter was about Condense and DPOL. I'm definitely a preworkout junkie as I've already logged about 4-5 preworkouts in the past. This log would not be possible without Purus allowing me to log their product, so a big shout out and thank you to them and all the fine folks over at Purus for giving me the privilege to give these two outstandingly labeled products (no seriously the labels on these two tubs are gorgeous while not only conveying all the nutritional info they are intricately laced with some fancy design that is cool to look at)!

MY STATS

Height: 6'9" (read that again)
Weight: 252lbs (as of 9/11/2013)
Training Hx: 10+yrs ranging from Starting Strength to now currently 5/3/1
Diet: Current macros are set to maintain a caloric intake of 3500-4000 (250-300P/300-400C/100F)

HISTORY OF MY MAXES

BENCH: 320 (currently at 270)
DEADLIFT: 450 (current)
SQUAT: 355 (currently at 295)
OHP: 160 (current)

MY GOALS

To boost up all my maxes with an end goal of hitting some marks by the end of 2013. Some of those maxes were made in my early powerlifting days and I haven't come close to them yet. The goal is to get my bench back up to 300 and my squat up to 315 AT LEAST. An OHP of 205 would be nice and if my deadlift goes above 500 I wouldn't be mad ;)

THE PRODUCTS

Condense_large.jpeg

Condense™ is a novel approach to preworkout performance-enhancement designed to expand performance capacity, utilizing patent-pending nutrient technology and peer-reviewed, human- validated, orally efficacious dosages, rather than merely and temporarily increase acute performance as with most short-sighted, stimulant-laden products currently on the market. Purus Labs® has revolutionized the preworkout category, once again, by actually achieving what other companies only claim: that is, eliciting extreme vasodilation through truly enhancing endogenous nitric oxide production. This, in turn, causes a cascade of welcomed anabolic and physiologically enhancing benefits to athletes of all cloth through enhancing blood-flow, heightening substrate utilization (i.e. better nutrient absorption), preserving ATP stores, propelling oxygen delivery to myocapillaries, and reducing overall exercise oxygen cost allowing you to handle greater workloads (e.g. more weight) and exercise longer before exhaustion (e.g. more reps) .

Nitratene™

Inorganic nitrate found in beets, spinach, etc…proliferates nitric oxide through a novel biological pathway, nitrate→nitrite→nitric oxide, converted through entero-salivary circulation as opposed to the more traditionally known arginine→NO synthase→nitric oxide pathway. Although nitrate, as related to exercise performance, is still in its infancy, the results on performance parameters are nothing short of salivary (pun intended)!
Nitrate has been shown to be a powerful aerobic and anaerobic ergogenic aid by reducing the oxygen cost of exercise, translating into lower perceived exertion and/or a greater maximal workload capacity. Astonishingly, the increased work comes without an accompanying increase in blood-lactate, meaning your muscles actually become more energetically efficient. This increase in mitochondrial efficiency (P/O ratio) is due to the reduced cost of ATP (muscular currency) to produce muscular force.

Beta alanine

This non-proteinogenic amino acid is a constituent of muscle-carnosine (beta-alanine-l-histidine), however, myocarnosine content has been shown to be significantly increased through beta alanine supplementation alone. Carnosine, which supplemental beta alanine enhances the muscular concentration of, helps stabilize muscular pH levels by buffering the hydrogen ions produced through intense exercise. Intuitively, this stacks nicely with nitrates as they synergistically work through different modalities to achieve the same endurance effect.

Betaine anhydrous

Betaine, or trimethylglycine, is an interesting compound found in beetroot juice as it serves as an osmolyte (protecting cells against dehydration), an antioxidant, and a methyl group donor serving to lower homocysteine levels. Human performance studies involving betaine found it increases power and force performance measures amongst trained individuals and was elucidated through these exercise protocols: bench press throw, bench press force, squat force, and vertical jump power. Another larger study concluded betaine aided in high intensity anaerobic training, allowing individuals to achieve more squat repetitions at 75% of their 1-RM with more repetitions achieved at ≥90% peak power.

1,3,7-trimethylxanthine

Obviously, caffeine is a widely used and highly efficient aerobic and anaerobic performance stimulant. Its effects are as highly acute and pronounced as they are vast. Caffeine improves cognition and alertness, antagonizes adenosine receptors, inhibits phosphodiesterase (PDE), increases epinephrine/norepinephrine/dopamine release, and enhances intracellular sodium/potassium pump activity.

Electrolytes

Ionized salts are abundantly found within our bodies and serve the chief primary function of maintaining specific concentration and charge balances across cell membranes. We include the electrolytes sodium, potassium, and chloride within Condense™ to aid in maintaining optimal hydration status and blood volume during strenuous physical activity thereby blunting a rise in cortisol and quickening recovery.

Summary

As with all Purus Labs® products, only ingredients with human, orally-efficacious research are used, AND each ingredient is included at the research-validated dosage. Utilizing patent-pending Nitratene™ nutrient-technology, Purus Labs® continues to revolutionize the sports nutrition industry and offer consumers a light in an industry shrouded in darkness. PurusLabsSaleAug2012

NEW Condense by Purus Labs: CONSIDER THE GAME CHANGED!

DPOL_Powder_large.jpeg

Purus Labs has finally come out a new form of their Testosterone Booster D-Pol. With a market flooded with Testosterone Pills with a bunch of under dosed herbs with little to no research supporting their use. D-Pol is different. D-POL Powder combines provocative, emerging research regarding natural testosterone elicitation and nitric oxide production, to yield the industry's first, validated, dual-phasic Lutenizing Hormone/Free Testosterone elevator AND true NO potentiator.

Key Benefits:

Increases Natural Testosterone Levels!
Enhances Performance!
Naturally Increases Strength and Endurance!
Promotes Lean Muscle Growth!
Key Highlights:

3.12g Pure D-aspartic acid!
4,000IU Vitamin D!
3 Key B-vitamin cofactors!
480mg Proprietary nitratene (high molecular-yield nitrate form)!
All-natural anabolism*!
Dual-phasic free testosterone/ nitric oxide elevator*!
Purus Labs has formulated a product that will naturally increase your test levels to aid in enhancing performance transforming your physique into lean machine. Most males have a low testosterone level after they hit the age of 35. But, with NEW D-Pol Powder you can expect those levels to return to optimal levels!

D-POL Powder contains a carefully selected blend of research-backed ingredients proven to entice your body into anabolic overdrive. Focusing on natural testosterone synthesis, true nitric oxide production via Purus Labs' proprietary nitratene, oxygen sparing effects (mitochondrial efficiency), increased exercise duration, and enhanced nutrient absorption D-Pol Powder is a multi-phasic product perfectly tailored for the strength/power or endurance!

D-POL Powder is a TRUE, biphasic, natural nitric oxide producing, vasodilatory Testosterone booster. Part I of the formula (the LH and T boosting portion) consists of a fertility formula sold pharmaceutically in Europe that has a statistically significant, peer-reviewed, track record amongst hundreds and thousands of men. It has been shown, at the exact dosage and combination we include in D-Pol, to elicit a 33% rise in Lutenizing Hormone with a concomitant 42% rise in Free Testosterone. Part II contains a proprietary and research validated dosage of dietary nitrates, orally proven as well to potentiate NO production thus increasing ATP and sparing oxygen for prolonged exercise.

User Can Expect:

Intense strength and lean muscle accrual through increased circulating free testosterone levels!
Prolonged exercise endurance do to greater mitochondrial efficiency and enhanced oxygen-carrying blood flow!
Superior nutrient delivery due to heightened and sustained vasodilation!
Increased virility!
Stacks Well With:

Recycle for superior natural testosterone production!

Muscle Marinade and/or Condense for pre-workout nitric oxide production!

Athletes and exercise enthusiasts are constantly looking for methods to enhance exercise performance and to gain lean body mass. Of course, improving overall health in the process of physique development is also welcome. Although many dietary supplements are marketed for purposes of improving performance, muscle mass, and health, few such supplements are actually supported by peer reviewed scientific evidence for effect in relation to the specific outcomes of interest. This is particularly true when considering the often paltry dosages of each ingredient included within the finished product. To address the need for a dietary supplement specifically designed to enhance exercise performance, to support gains in lean body mass (via increased circulating testosterone), and to improve overall health, PURUS LABS® has formulated a new product to address these areas of interest.

Research Validates:

33% Increase in LH!
42% Increae In Free Testosterone!
23% Increase In ATP!
19% In Oxidative Phosphorylation Ration (Oxygen Sparing)!
Overview and Rationale For Use:

D-pol™ is a new product designed by PURUS LABS®, which adheres to the established guidelines of PURUS LABS® in terms of including only those ingredients that have been used in human subjects via oral ingestion, and reported to promote favorable outcomes in relation to the target areas of interest (e.g., enhanced exercise performance, increased circulating testosterone—potentially leading to increased lean body mass, enhanced overall health). d-pol™ contains a unique blend of ingredients, each carefully selected for their potential impact on physical performance and human health—included at the precise dosage necessary to promote the desired effect (as supported by peer reviewed scientific evidence obtained from studies using human subjects). The text below outlines the ingredients used within d-pol™, while providing a brief summary of the rationale for use.

The rest of the DPOL writeup is incredibly long so I left the ingredient part out but if you are interested in reading more you can find it where I grab all my product info in my logs from... Fat Burners & Discount Bodybuilder Supplements: Best Bodybuilding Supplements

STARTER PICS

20130717_141200.jpg

20130717_141218.jpg

LETS DO THIS!!!!

[video=youtube;tx_AZSTg7ZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx_AZSTg7ZU[/video]​

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Reserved for final review

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;LTXsgb2cWZE]http://youtu.be/LTXsgb2cWZE[/video]​

INTROOOOO!!!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 1: CHEST

[video=youtube_share;y7NSopEg6tw]http://youtu.be/y7NSopEg6tw[/video]

5/3/1
CYCLE: 7
DAY: BENCHPRESS
PRE: 2 scoops Condense w/ 16oz. water

BENCHPRESS
135x5 (warmup)
160x5 (warmup)
175x5
200x5
230x9+1 (assisted on the 10th)
185x12

INCLINE BENCHPRESS
95x10
115x10
135x10

DECLINE BENCHPRESS
185x10,10,10

INCLINE DUMBBELL FLY
40x10,10,10
45x8

HIGH CABLE CROSSOVER
30x10,10,10,10

MACHINE FLYS
175x10,10,10,10​

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome! Subbed!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome my Athletix brethren!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Many PRs were slain today.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice job DJ... At times I mix HV with Condense... insane pump and energy for days.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job DJ... At times I mix HV with Condense... insane pump and energy for days.
Oh lord I can't even fathom that lol. My legs are so puffy and tight right now. I don't want to get out of my car lol.

Vlog #2 coming as soon as I get it all chopped and uploaded.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 2: LEGS

[video=youtube_share;HABpe3Yl9bg]http://youtu.be/HABpe3Yl9bg[/video]

5/3/1
DAY: SQUAT
PRE: 2x Condense 10 min. prior

SQUATS
145x5 (warmup)
175x5 (warmup)
190x5
215x5
245x13
315x1

STIFF LEGGED DEADLIFT
135x10
165x10
190x10

BARBELL LUNGES
100x10 (ea leg)
105x10 (ea leg)
115x6 (ea leg)

LEG PRESS
485x15 DROPSET
390x10 DROPSET
305x5 DROPSET
215x25 NARROW STANCE
485x8,8

RAN OUT OF TIME... LEGS WERE TOAAAAAAAST!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 3: SHOULDERS

No video today since I worked out late at night I didn't take Condense or else I'd be #teamnosleep but I did pop my DPOL when I woke up so I figured this deserved an update

5/3/1
DAY: OVERHEAD PRESS
3x3

BARBELL OVERHEAD PRESS
95x5 (warmup)
110x3
125x3
140x8 STRICT

CLOSE GRIP BENCHPRESS
135x8
155x8
175x6

SEATED DB PRESS
75x6,5
60x10,10

DB SIDE LATERALS
40x10
50x10,7+40x3
45x10

BARBELL FRONT RAISES
50x10,10,10,10

BARBELL SHRUGS
325x10,10,10,10 STRAPPED
225x10
135x10
45x20 OVERHEAD

ARNOLD PRESS
40x10,10,9,7

FACE PULLS
65x10,10,10

DB REAR DELT RAISE
25x10
30x10
35x10

INCLINE DB SIDE SWINGS
20x100

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome updates bro! Love those video blogs.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
vLog 3 is in done! Gotta chop and load and it will probably be up later tonight or tomorrow.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Condense and Dpol seem to be having a great effect already...

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed bud

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 4: BACK

[video=youtube_share;OWvSXFUWiQk]http://youtu.be/OWvSXFUWiQk[/video]

5/3/1
DAY: DEADLIFT
3x3

DEADLIFT
170x5 (warmup)
215x5 (warmup)
255x3 (warmup)
300x3
340x3
385x8

FRONT SQUAT
135x8
160x8
185x6

BENT OVER ROW
185x10
205x10
225x10

KROC ROW
90x10
95x8
100x6

SEATED WIDE UNDERHAND ROW
125x10
140x10
160x10

SEATED CLOSE GRIP ROW
160x10,10,10

LAT PULLDOWN
160x10,10,10

STANDING LAT PRESSDOWN
40x10,10 - These are a great finisher and absolutely brutal!

Ran out of time because my gym partner had to go and pick up his son. As you guys can see Condense/DPOL are treating me right. That deadlift is a PR for weight/reps and its only going to get better from here. Please give me your feedback on the vlogs... if there is anything you guys want to see filmed or have me go into detail about please let me know! Today is Saturday and unfortunately I have work this weekend and by the time I get out of work the gym is already closed so its a mandatory off-weekend ;)!

DJ

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Typically Kroc rows are a couple warmups followed by a higher rep set of 20-30. What you've described is just db rows. Nice top set on the deads, and holy cow that's a lot of work all together.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Typically Kroc rows are a couple warmups followed by a higher rep set of 20-30. What you've described is just db rows. Nice top set on the deads, and holy cow that's a lot of work all together.
True. Buddy was pressing me for time so I just flew through them. Next time ;)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PR city today. Vlog coming. Where are the damn Purus reps?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 5: CHEST/TRIS

[video=youtube_share;EzBJtDR-HEw]http://youtu.be/EzBJtDR-HEw[/video]

5/3/1
DAY: BENCHPRESS 3x3
PRE: 2x Condense 15min. prior + 1.5 scoops High Volume sipped as intraworkout
BODYWEIGHT: 255lbs (+3lbs)

BENCHPRESS
135x5 (warmup)
160x5 (warmup)
190x3
215x3
240x9
275x1
290x1

INCLINE BENCHPRESS
115x8
135x8
155x6

BARBELL BENCHPRESS
185x10,10,10 (focused on stretch/squeeze)

DB INCLINE PRESS
60x8,8,8

DB FLAT BENCHPRESS
80x8,8,10

INCLINE DB FLY
45x8,7
40x7
30x10

DECLINE BENCHPRESS
205x6
185x7
155x10
135x15

TRICEP DIPS
BWx9
BW+25x8,7
BWx9

SKULLCRUSHERS
45x15
55x12
65x10
75x8

TRICEP PUSHDOWS
60x10,10,10
70x10

BFRT - SINGLE ARM PULLEY PUSHDOWN
10x24,15,12,10

15 minutes of HIIT on the bike​

How's THAT for some VOLUME!?!

DJ

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm here... err wait I am not a Purus rep, although I do love me some Condense!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm here... err wait I am not a Purus rep, although I do love me some Condense!
I'm beginning to fall in love myself!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:wave2:

You know it would've been nice to have your log linked in the promo thread.... :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mycroft

Mycroft

Awards
PR city today. Vlog coming. Where are the damn Purus reps?
I'm here... just being quiet is all.

I even posted one of your vlogs on our Facebook page last week: facebook.com/puruslabs

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm here... just being quiet is all.

I even posted one of your vlogs on our Facebook page last week: facebook.com/puruslabs
I see that. No wonder that one has more views than the others haha! Appreciated!

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
vLOG #5 in the pipe...

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 6: SQUATS/LEGS

[video=youtube_share;UwIypOaePvw]http://youtu.be/UwIypOaePvw[/video]

5/3/1
DAY: SQUAT
3x3

SQUAT
115x5 (warmup)
145x5 (warmup)
175x3 (warmup)
200x3
230x3
260x10
325x1

185x5,5,5 ATG

STIFF LEGGED DEADLIFT
165x8
190x8
220x6

BARBELL LUNGES
115x8 ea. leg
95x10,10 ea. leg

LEG EXTENSION
160x10
175x10
200x10

STANDING SMITH MACHINE CALF RAISES
225x10,10,10

SEATED CALF RAISES
90x10,10,10

Felt soooooo good to hit that 325! Big things happnin' with PURUS!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice leg day. I cringe even reading the word "lunges"

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Late but in hehe

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vlog 6 going up shortly. I think I'm doing the vids too often ;)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DAY 7: SHOULDERS

[video=youtube_share;b8zDCrErvpo]http://youtu.be/b8zDCrErvpo[/video]

5/3/1
DAY: OHP
5/3/1
PRE: 2x Condense 10min. prior