Carbed Up and Dangerous - SNS Glycophase (+Focus XT) LOG

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

  1. Whatever width works for you. Good lookin session ya had though
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Whatever width works for you. Good lookin session ya had though
    Thanks! And good lookin avi there
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    FRI

    AM: 30 min walk

    Good Mornings
    20x10
    45x10
    60x10
    75x10

    Sumo DL
    110x5
    135x4
    135x5
    135x5
    135x3
    155x1

    SLDL
    80x10x10x10

    Single Legged Glute Bridge
    2x10

    DB Goblet Squats
    20x10
    40x10
    40x10

    Stability Ball Reverse Hypers
    2x15

    Plank
    2x30sec

    Not my best DL session to date. Lower back gave out pretty early so I was struggling with sumo. 3rd set was my best set and decided to attempt a single which also felt a bit off. Ended it there and went onto SLDL. Legs feeling pretty weak today as well. Blah. In other news, enjoying Glycophase so far. Experiencing minimal bloat after carb meals so thumbs up for that!
    If you're trying to increase DL #, you don't want to lead with a good mornings or anything else really. I mean BBing wise its fine, but PLing wise ... nope!

    When I was into PLing and DLing, my session would look like this...

    DL triples until 70-80% attempted 1RM
    I would switch to singles all the way up to 90% than I'd hit the 1RM I was attempting.
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    315 x 3
    365 x 3
    405 x 1
    455 x 1
    495 x 1
    545 x 1was my exact session when I hit my PR -edited cuz i forgot my old damn PR haha

    I'd folllow it up with some type of hamstring exercise, usually GHR or leg curls, sometype of pullup or row variant, and than hyper extensions.

    I don't know how often you DL, but if you're trying to get some good #'s, usually 1x a month is enough. CNS gets alll fried if you do it too much and you just feel "off".

    But otherwise good session
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

  4. Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    If you're trying to increase DL #, you don't want to lead with a good mornings or anything else really. I mean BBing wise its fine, but PLing wise ... nope!

    When I was into PLing and DLing, my session would look like this...

    DL triples until 70-80% attempted 1RM
    I would switch to singles all the way up to 90% than I'd hit the 1RM I was attempting.
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    315 x 3
    365 x 3
    405 x 1
    455 x 1
    505 x 1 was my exact session when I hit my PR

    I'd folllow it up with some type of hamstring exercise, usually GHR or leg curls, sometype of pullup or row variant, and than hyper extensions.

    I don't know how often you DL, but if you're trying to get some good #'s, usually 1x a month is enough. CNS gets alll fried if you do it too much and you just feel "off".

    But otherwise good session
    Thanks GP And you're one strong mofo! Yeah, I wanted to start warm ups by activating my posterior chain so that's why I started with good mornings. I agree it's not efficient when trying to put up big numbers/attempting 1RM but I'm sticking with 135 until I'm more confident in my form.

    Trying to keep today a lower carb day because I indulged a bit yesterday. Jogged for 30 minutes earlier this morning. Not sure I will get in a workout later since I'm on babysitting duty.

    My lil cousin Rich aka Cry face. He's finally asleep -_-

    Name:  cryface.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  120.5 KB

  5. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Thanks GP And you're one strong mofo! Yeah, I wanted to start warm ups by activating my posterior chain so that's why I started with good mornings. I agree it's not efficient when trying to put up big numbers/attempting 1RM but I'm sticking with 135 until I'm more confident in my form.

    Trying to keep today a lower carb day because I indulged a bit yesterday. Jogged for 30 minutes earlier this morning. Not sure I will get in a workout later since I'm on babysitting duty.

    My lil cousin Rich aka Cry face. He's finally asleep -_-

    Name:  cryface.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  120.5 KB
    Im just trying to look like a baloon animal now lol.

    You could try a lot of stretching movements with a good hold (20-30secs) before trying to DL. Make sure the stretching session lengthy and you should have a good sweat worked up prior to starting. Give that a whirl next time!

    Give that kid some of that chocolate cereal, he'll be out like a light!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

  6. Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    Im just trying to look like a baloon animal now lol.

    You could try a lot of stretching movements with a good hold (20-30secs) before trying to DL. Make sure the stretching session lengthy and you should have a good sweat worked up prior to starting. Give that a whirl next time!

    Give that kid some of that chocolate cereal, he'll be out like a light!
    Bulking?

    Yeah I do lots of stretching, foam rolling, lacrosse/tennis ball mashing. It is practically a workout in itself lol.

    Lol the chocolate cereal is mine The only thing that calmed his wailing was me rocking him back and forth outside singing 'raindrops falling on your head' ...for 15 minutes. Dude is picky and I'm tired.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Bulking?

    Yeah I do lots of stretching, foam rolling, lacrosse/tennis ball mashing. It is practically a workout in itself lol.

    Lol the chocolate cereal is mine The only thing that calmed his wailing was me rocking him back and forth outside singing 'raindrops falling on your head' ...for 15 minutes. Dude is picky and I'm tired.
    Almost always! MN is cold all year round

    hmm... I'll stick to dogs and cats haha!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

  8. Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    Almost always! MN is cold all year round

    hmm... I'll stick to dogs and cats haha!
    Haha yeah it is. I don't envy your winters.

  9. SUN

    1 scoop of Focus XT Cotton Candy for breakfast/pre-wo:

    BB Hang Snatch
    20x10
    30x5
    30x5
    30x5

    DB Single Arm Hang Clean + press
    15x10
    20x10
    20x8
    20x8

    Band Assisted Negative Pull/ Chin ups
    Pull ups - 4x3
    Chin Ups - 2x3

    Tire Flips - 25 total
    Last 10 flips
    - 5 flips + 10 up downs
    - 5 flips + 10 yd side plank walk

    Hill Sprints
    3 x 40 yds

    Messed around with hang snatches today. New to the movement, love it, but not very good at it yet. Negative rb chin/pull ups torch my back for days. As you can see in the video, that's the shortest bar I can hang the RB from and I'm too friggin short/weak so I can barely get my chin over the bar. Did the best that I could. Tires had water in them from last night. My pants were soaked afterwards. Had company over so I made Sunday dinner. Popped 1 glycophase so I could enjoy some pasta

    •   
       


  10. Good ol tire flips, I remember the days. I can't wait until it cools off down here so I can do some work outside. Hella Jealous right now!

  11. Cotton Candy focus XT = Breakfast of champions

  12. MON

    1 scoop Focus XT

    Box Squats
    70x10
    90x10
    110x10
    135x10
    150x5
    170x4
    190x2
    205x1

    Box Jumps

    3x3

    DB Skipping Jump Lunge (5lb db)
    3x10

    DB Single Legged RDL
    20x10
    20x10

    Swiss Ball Hypers
    3x20

    Plank
    2x30 sec

    Jump Rope Skip
    3 rounds - 2 min on, 1 min off

    Wanted to focus more on high volume today but training was going so smoothly. I decided to keep going and attempt a 1 rm on box squats for S&G. Proud of the number I put up. Kept the rest of the workout fast paced with short rests. Cardio was rough afterwards but I got in 3 rounds and now I want to eat and K.O.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Nooshefx View Post
    Good ol tire flips, I remember the days. I can't wait until it cools off down here so I can do some work outside. Hella Jealous right now!
    Awesome! Another tire flippin buddy

    Quote Originally Posted by 804 View Post
    Cotton Candy focus XT = Breakfast of champions
    You know it

  14. Awesome squat, Gokix!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Awesome squat, Gokix!
    Thanks Sean! P.S. I'm posting this from my computer chair. Ha ha.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    Thanks Sean! P.S. I'm posting this from my computer chair. Ha ha.
    You're not cool if your not posting while in a bathtub! Geez
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    You're not cool if your not posting while in a bathtub! Geez
    Now you tell me!

  18. Nice work going on here girl,I expected nothing less!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

  19. TUES

    1 scoop Focus XT

    Pendlay rows
    60x10
    60x10
    70x8
    70x6

    1 arm BBR
    15,15,15,15

    Band Pullaparts on Foam Roller
    50
    30

    Jump Rope Skipping - 5 rounds
    2 min on, 1 min off

    Nothing amazing about today's workout. Biceps are sore, shoulders are tight, and major butt doms so not a lot of heavy lifting today.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    You're not cool if your not posting while in a bathtub! Geez
    Sean is trying to get you electrocuted.

  21. Major butt doms
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

  22. Great lower position and leg drive on those tire flips kiddo.
    Winning & kickin' it hard on your W/O's, good strong stuff...!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    Great lower position and leg drive on those tire flips kiddo.
    Winning & kickin' it hard on your W/O's, good strong stuff...!
    Thanks PB! Not too bad for someone who could barely lift the same tire 3 months ago. Glad to have ya here.

  24. THURS

    Front Squat
    45x10
    70x10
    80x10
    80x10*snatch grip
    80x10*snatch grip
    90x10

    Back Squat
    90x10
    100x10
    100x10
    100x10

    Foot Elevated Lunge (20lb bar) w/Wall Sit (SS)
    10 x 30sec
    10 x 30sec

    Up Downs - 5 rounds, 1 minute rest
    8,8,8,8,8 = 40 total

    Note: Felt a bit bloated & gassy after taking Focus XT today. Not sure why, but that's the first time that's happened.

    Does anyone else's shoulders get really fatigued during front squats? I have to switch grips and often times it's my shoulders that want to give out before my legs do. High rep squats finished. 100 reps total. Hips were good today. Last set of front squats were not pretty. Took multiple breaths between each rep as I got closer to 10. For back squats I focused on keeping my chest up for every rep and I think I succeeded there. Last set was hard. Re-racked the bar after 2 reps because my foot position was off and left hammie felt tight out of the hole. Walked away for a few minutes, came back and finished the rest of the set with no probs. Switched jump rope finisher with up downs. Hated my life for about 5 minutes. Tonight's dinner will be homemade pizza with a side of Glycophase.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Nooshefx View Post
    Sean is trying to get you electrocuted.
    Is that true?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    Major butt doms
    Feels like I'm sitting on rocks some days.

  26. Post workout eats:

    Homemade pizza with honey wheat tortilla, four cheese sauce, ff cheese, mozz cheese, chicken and broccoli
    Bowl of fiber one

    Name:  IMAG1657_20130926231808515.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  220.1 KB
    Name:  IMAG1658_20130926231905253.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  178.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  27. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Spaniard's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    THURS

    Front Squat
    45x10
    70x10
    80x10
    80x10*snatch grip
    80x10*snatch grip
    90x10

    Back Squat
    90x10
    100x10
    100x10
    100x10

    Foot Elevated Lunge (20lb bar) w/Wall Sit (SS)
    10 x 30sec
    10 x 30sec

    Up Downs - 5 rounds, 1 minute rest
    8,8,8,8,8 = 40 total

    Note: Felt a bit bloated & gassy after taking Focus XT today. Not sure why, but that's the first time that's happened.

    Does anyone else's shoulders get really fatigued during front squats? I have to switch grips and often times it's my shoulders that want to give out before my legs do. High rep squats finished. 100 reps total. Hips were good today. Last set of front squats were not pretty. Took multiple breaths between each rep as I got closer to 10. For back squats I focused on keeping my chest up for every rep and I think I succeeded there. Last set was hard. Re-racked the bar after 2 reps because my foot position was off and left hammie felt tight out of the hole. Walked away for a few minutes, came back and finished the rest of the set with no probs. Switched jump rope finisher with up downs. Hated my life for about 5 minutes. Tonight's dinner will be homemade pizza with a side of Glycophase.
    How are you doing your front squats? cross arm?
    Founder & Owner
    Aspire. Train. Perform. Nutrition
    "More than a supplement company."

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

    How are you doing your front squats? cross arm?
    Yes sir. Switch when arms get tired.

  29. Front squats are amazing, they get overlooked so bad.
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. SNS Focus XT Log from Yeahright
    By yeahright in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 02:03 PM
  2. 10 hrs into my carb up and I want to vomit!!!!!
    By Distilled Water in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
  3. SNS Focus XT log by Bloute
    By Bloute in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-04-2007, 02:24 PM
  4. SNS Focus XT Log from Yeahright
    By yeahright in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-29-2006, 02:54 PM
  5. Carbing Up and Dosing up on Off Days???
    By milwood in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Log in
Log in