AdonisBelt's ERASE PRO/D-POL 4 WEEK LOG TO EPIC SHREDZZZZ!

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/9/13

INTRODUCTION:

Preface:

Okay guys here we go. To give you guys a sense of hindsight, I am coming from a previous 4 week log/cycle of DAA with erase pro. It went fairly well and you can get all the details here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/234161-adonisbelts-pes-erase.html

The primary difference, and reason for me to relocate to a new thread, is because these is a SPONSORED log, and instead of using pure D-AA from Ai Sports Nutrition, I will be using the said D-POL from Purus labs. Very exciting stuff.

Background/Stats:

I am 21 years old and currently am attending my 4th year at CU Boulder, graduating with a BAS in Economics with a minor in Computer Science. I have a girlfriend of 6 years that I live with, and a cat named Alexander that just turned 1 last May. Oh how time flies. I have a genuine interest in self improvement, philosophy, and economics. Bodybuilding is just an extension of the first and an application of the second two. I also Lennon producing music, but I usually don't have the luxury to just waste hours writing and producing music anymore.

Currently, I am trying to cut down a little more these final 4 weeks here before reverse dieting. I have been lifting seriously intermittently for the past 6 years but have dedicated my lifestyle completely- weighing all my food, logging my progress, sacrificing to win, etc etc for the past year and a half now with the goal to be focused around bodybuilding (natural). Do not confuse this with only training for ~1 year.

Lifting has been a huge interest for the entire spam and I have been reading various books and have taken related college courses pertaining to bodybuilding, kinesiology, physiology, nutrition for the 5 year span- I have merely fallen out of consistency, until this last year and a half or so. That being said, I have looked at my priorities and have re-aligned them since, growing up a lot and learning a lot about myself, and at this point I see myself doing this for the rest of my life.

I am fairly low already, hovering around 6%, and my caliper actually says 5%... but I am not sure I believe that. Currently, I weigh 223.6 @ 6'4" with a low of 222.8 last week. I have visibly noticed me lean out since.

Here are some pictures of me from last week:

image-3064240551.jpg

image-3163734774.jpg

image-839840923.jpg

These are stupidly blurry and in bad lighting, and I was actually bloated during these.

Goals:

My primary goal is to obviously cut down more in the last 4 weeks of my cut. Secondarily, I'd like to really see the effects if the stack prescribed, and be able to log eternally on the Internet whether these 2 products are worth the investment or not. I have used EP before, and would recommend it to most intermediates and a lot of beginners, however I am NOT sure if this particular stack is synergistically worthwhile. I have used DAA alone and with EP now and have enjoyed it with mild GI issues, and I am excited to see if DPOL will really make a difference- especially pre-workout.

So how do I go about this? With a strict lifting/cardio routine, diet, and supplementation plan!!!!

Routine:

Here is basically what I will be doing. It's a 6-7 day/week routine where I only take a rest day when I feel necessary. Essentially, it's a 3 day/week full body split into 6 days at an intermediate level. I like this, as if you actually analyze the routine (made myself) you'll see that it cycles through heavy/light rep schemes while varying the total volume by +33% for either upper or lower due to it being a 6 day split that I work through typically everyday. So one week I'll hit upper 3 times, others ill hit it 4, and the same applies for lower. It's nice momentary weekly emphasis on different body parts. I may edit it a little in the future, but this style is near perfect.

Unfortunately, there is a picture limit per post, so I will reveal it as I go due to not wanting to type it all out at the moment.

Cardio:

My cardio now consists of an every other day rotation between longer steady state walking and jogging intervals.

Cardio A) ~200-250 calories, fast walking @ 4 incline, and 4.2-4.5 mph.

Cardio B) 20 total minutes of 1 minute walking as prescribed in A, and 4 minutes of jogging at the same incline but @ 6.5mph.
0:00 WALK
1:00 RUN
5:00 WALK
6:00 RUN
10:00 WALK
10:30 RUN
12:30 WALK
13:00 RUN
15:00 WALK
15:30 RUN
17:30 WALK
18:00 RUN
20:00 DONE :)

This burns much more than 200-250.

The reason I vary them is for two reasons. Typically around 450 calories. If I do intervals everyday I burn out with the high frequency of training. So what I'll do is basically the steady state on leg days and the intervals on upper, to avoid overtraining.

Diet:

Despite the variance in caloric need due to higher workloads on upper days from intervals as well as working push and pull muscles, I keep my calories the same. The body, from my knowledge, doesn't mind the discrepancy of 200-300 calories and it averages out, allowing me to recover more so on leg days- which I like because I'm moving more weight with bigger muscles.

The diet itself ranges from 2400-2500 calories for no specific reason. Typically I do not hit 2500 and it just makes meal planning more flexible. The anal part of this regimen comes into play when it comes to carb cycling. From what I have gathered from Lyle McDonald's literature weight loss is optimal when there are low carb days with less than 20% of calories coming from carbs 4 days in a row. To maintain sanity as well as implicitly carb loading I will be incorporating a plan of 4 days low carb (near keto, starting today) to be followed by 3-4 days of regular dieting with about 50-70g of fat, at least 238g of complete protein, 38-45g of fiber, and filling the rest up with carbs.

Onto Supplementation:

Creatine monohydrate, probiotic, Agmatine, huca HMB, fish oil, CoQ10, beta alanine, leucine, epimedium, ON multi,
D vitamin, and citruline mallate.

Obviously I will be taking DPol and EP as well.
The details of supplement timing will be divulged as I log my day to day progress.

That's about it. I look forward to ya'll joining me on my journey and epic log.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1st and in for lean gains!

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
1st and in for lean gains!
Glad to have you along for the ride! The more participation the more motivated I am so be sure to speak up, ask questions, etc!

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/9/13

Pre-Workout Supplementation:

I took my Erase Pro with D-Pol roughly 20 minutes before my workout.
With it, I took a cap of fish oil with 1.2g of epimedium, 2.5 tablespoons of CoQ10, 3G beta alanine, 5g creatine monohydrate, 5g leucine, 3g of HMB, and 760mg of Agmatine sulfate and some HICA.

Routine:

Today was lower body day.

3x5 Back Squats @ 300
2x12 Back Squats @ 225
4x10 Lying Hamstring Curls @ 92.5 SS'd w/
4x12 Ab Rollouts
3x20 Seated Calf Raises @ 70

It should be noted that I tore both hamstrings, one in 2 places about one month into my cut. I still trying to go easy, and this can be seen as my weights are still steadily going up on compound leg lifts during a cut. Better safe than sorry.

Initial impression if D-Pol:

Honestly it was a mild let down. I did not feel anything crazy nor was I pumped up more than usual. Everything I took beforehand I normally take, and so with the D-Pol stacked, I would hope that I would be flying, but I wasn't. I am hoping that as I keep taking it, I will feel it more.

Additionally, I am slightly concerned as to whether I should be taking D-pol with other amino acids. Yes, the directions say to take it with a meal, but that's for the vitamin D to break down. I have read that if DAA is taken with other aminos it essentially blocks it from acting out any unique attributes due to the bodies amino acid receptors (I forget the name, I believe pepsin-related) being cluttered with other aminos.

If anyone had any input on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Obviously it has allegedly, or anecdotally worked when prescribing by the instructions in the label, but I am unsure regardless. I would prefer real literature rather than reps and anecdotal opinion on this. I may have to resort to taking my leucine during my workout due to this.

Cardio:
I did my steady cardio immediately after today.

Diet:

This is what I ate today. As described earlier I am sticking to a low carb, borderline keto diet for today and the concurring 3 days.

My initial impression of D Pol is unfortunately underwhelming, the taste is.... Tolerable and weird. Fake off sweet but tastes like nothing compared to its creamy weird smell. Hopefully it will grow on me.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
If its straight forward for you to consume your leucine during training, then by all means id do that if its going to remove any doubt you many have of dpol's efficacy. If Anything you'll feel much happier going about it that way :)

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/10/13

I woke up this morning at 6am with a slight change in perspective. Typically, I do cardio in the morning and lift later in the day after my responsibilities, so I realized that I could actually adopt my old supplementation protocol of EP and now DAA through taking these simply pre workout.

Pre-Cardio:
Epimedium for NO release (1.2g) and other a-Androreceptor antagonist properties, 150mg of CoQ for stamina, my Erase Pro (1pill) and a scoop of D-Pol chased with a can of Pepsi max (for the caffeine and carbonation to aid in nutrient delivery).
I found this really helped and made me feel better.

Pre-Cardio D-Pol Impression:
The D-Poll seemed to kick in a little 1/3-1/2 way trough but honestly I don't see much stimulation, I believe it's more of a mental focus if anything, which is fine. The taste however is just as I had previously described... Weird, off, and unwelcome, lol. I had my girlfriend take a whiff of the stuff and she likes all KINDS of sweet ish. She initially made a happy face, only to quickly change to a scrunched up icky one. Kind of cute.

Also, I am really wondering how this is supposed to be 30 servings, I am sure the short squatty design of the container is deceiving, but it seems like I may only get 2 weeks out of it at one a day. I will remain optimistic.

Cardio:
Was a little tougher than normal simply due to having a dry raspy, slightly swollen feeling throat upon waking up. I am coughing up large hard brownish chunks and its kinda shi.ty. The machine said I only burned 260 kcals, but when I was able to enter my weight last time it was like 200 calories more- doesn't matter really though as if I am consistent and progress relatively, the actual amount doesn't really matter. Here are the intervals:
0:00 WALK
1:00 RUN
5:00 WALK
6:00 RUN
10:00 WALK
10:30 RUN
12:30 WALK
13:00 RUN
15:00 WALK
15:30 RUN
17:30 WALK
18:00 RUN
20:00 DONE :)

I will update this log further as the details roll in throughout the day. It's easier to be more thyroid and reflective if I do it shortly after each segment.

So far is rate the STACK at a 6-7, EP an 8-9, and D-Pol a 5-6. It's predominately DAA with a b complex and vD, and tastes odd. I still would like to assume the effects of it all in one package will accumulate more throughout this cycle.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure how I missed this! Starting pics are looking good bro!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In to compare. Great info so far.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/10/13 PII

Weight:
I have been having some weird GI issues these past 4-5 weeks. Some run like clockwork, and despite incredible consistency I do not. This fosters into some frustration as weight fluctuates or stagnates unevenly. Luckily, I fast.

Today was a good example of this. I woke up, went to the bathroom- not urged but knew I should and still felt bloated after. I ran and when I came back I was 223.6- the same weight from the last 2 days and still slightly above my record low of 228.8. Not ok with this I went on throughout my day, not eating or drinking (minus a cup of coffee) and after waking up from my nap...

A new record low! 221.6! I ate late last night in a 2 hour window, literally finishing my last shake in bed before turning off the lights, so this weight seems more accurate given I've actually had time to digest my food.

If this part is too much info for you, you may need to leave. It's a huge factor in weight (anyone's really) during a cut and is essential that it is taken into account to properly gauge progress or lacktherof.

Off to the gym.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/10/13 PIII

Pre-workout:
Protovol (2) basically Agmatine sulfate @ 750mg with some HICA, 3g HMB, 5g Leucine, 3.2g beta alanine, 5g Creatine monohydrate.

Routine:

Today was upper day with a lot of emphasis on my shoulders.

Inline bench: 5x8 @205
Cable Upright Row: 4x12 @85
Low Row Sitting on a DB: 4x10 @190

This next exercise is listed incorrectly in the pic due to not having the appropriate option in the app. I like these as it hits my middle&lower traps along with teres major giving my middle-upper back a great stretch. I don't know of anyone else that does these as I kinda made it up.

Horizontal Cable Shrugs: 5x12 @220

I then supersetted..
Triceps press down: 4x8 @90
DB pinwheel curls: 4x8 @45lb DBs

Usually I do cable rope curls as listed for only 3x8 but have since began supersetting my arms and this seems more cohesive.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/10/13 PIV

Diet:

So today was the second day of low carbs. Below is a few pictures that describe it better than in can... I ate this all in roughly two hours.

I made a choice to jazz up my fatty diet by buying a huge ham shank, unfortunately I worry a little bit now due to noticing the inconsistency of meat type what with the pink of the ham fading to white in some parts, the hard skin, and the pure white fat parts.

This worries me because I don't want to be miscalculating my macros. It's protein and fat, which means it could vary in calories by like, 50% or more. This could be detrimental to my last 4 weeks. To curb this, I prepped the whole shank by chopping it up into bite size prices and mixing it all around, hopefully bringing it closer to this average. I might say screw it and just play it safe by baking it all and getting some of the fat out, but then this could mess me up too. Or I may pull it all out of the containers and chop it up into small bits to be even more safe. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

If anyone has any input on this I'd love to hear it.

The high fat is a nice change of pace though.

Time for bed.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/11/13

I find it interesting that I have been extremely thorough on my log, yet nobody seems to really be interested. Other logs are vague but always have a lot of people chiming in. I don't understand.

Even the reps sponsoring this log hardly seem to care, and the other sponsored log is getting love.

In which case. Lets try something different.

Today I worked out my legs and did some cardio. I took my dPol and EP. The DPol still tastes bad- at least to me.

I ate a low carb diet today coming to 2448 calories.

I weighed in at 222.8 lbs.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still here man just following along quietly

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
Late but IN

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It would definitely help to have thrown a link in the promotion thread. It took me a few days to even realize this was up. Sorry for that.

I've never tried the dpol powder but it gets amazing reviews for flavor so that is interesting you find it so gross! Wonder if trying it in some oats with peanut butter and whey would help?

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mix mine in my PWO. But I enjoy the taste solo also

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Didn't even see this thread, subbed. Yeah I always put the powder in my PWO on training days, delicious.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
I mix mine in my PWO. But I enjoy the taste solo also
Well that's definitely bazaar. It's just, weird lol.
My girlfriend found it gross as well so maybe it's just the climate.
It's great to what from ya'll. I had a horrible day (from my car dying to not getting a "delivered" package- f FedEx AND USPS)... I'll be more thorough tomorrow.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Man I can't believe you don't like the taste... Thats my fav part ha.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
It would definitely help to have thrown a link in the promotion thread. It took me a few days to even realize this was up. Sorry for that.

I've never tried the dpol powder but it gets amazing reviews for flavor so that is interesting you find it so gross! Wonder if trying it in some oats with peanut butter and whey would help?
Interesting suggestion

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting suggestion
It's very common for me to throw my bcaa's, creatine or any other powders in oatmeal. Especially if it is hard to choke down.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Bro you go to CU Boulder? Me too! Where do you lift at?

Subbed for this one. Liking the detail so far

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Bro you go to CU Boulder? Me too! Where do you lift at?

Subbed for this one. Liking the detail so far
Every now and then I'll pop in the CU Rec and dominate the scene of beta***s but i usually lift at a more hardcore local gym in Denver :)

Nice to see a fellow buff!

Ps: just looked through your log. Seems like you know your ****!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Every now and then I'll pop in the CU Rec and dominate the scene of beta***s but i usually lift at a more hardcore local gym in Denver :)

Nice to see a fellow buff!

Ps: just looked through your log. Seems like you know your ****!
I figured you wouldn't lift at the rec. It's a mess with the renovations. Do you lift at Armbrust or some other hardcore gym?

I had to do a double take when I saw you went to CU. Haven't seen anyone else on here from CU

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
I figured you wouldn't lift at the rec. It's a mess with the renovations. Do you lift at Armbrust or some other hardcore gym?

I had to do a double take when I saw you went to CU. Haven't seen anyone else on here from CU
Lol I'm just being an a$$. It's a local rec center (Rude's) it's actually pretty old school and awesome in there- and it's literally two blocks from where I live so it's the best choice.

Just looked into armbrust and its a 15 minute drive, and like 50% pricier.

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Lol I'm just being an a$$. It's a local rec center (Rude's) it's actually pretty old school and awesome in there- and it's literally two blocks from where I live so it's the best choice.

Just looked into armbrust and its a 15 minute drive, and like 50% pricier.
Haha no worries man, I don't even lift at the rec. Either 24 hour or my backyard (although this rain is making lifting outside impossible). I just looked up Rude's and the one pic of the weight room looked pretty nice. I just started getting back into lifting about last November so I wasn't sure of what hardcore gyms were around here.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Haha no worries man, I don't even lift at the rec. Either 24 hour or my backyard (although this rain is making lifting outside impossible). I just looked up Rude's and the one pic of the weight room looked pretty nice. I just started getting back into lifting about last November so I wasn't sure of what hardcore gyms were around here.
Honestly armbrust is just kind of a fluffy gym. It's like BSN noxplode. Super overhyped with little substance. Rude has everything I need,
ever wanted, and is fairly hardcore- chipped mismatched plates and worn bars and serious lifters. No frills, barebones, and gets it done.

But yeah I honestly go to CUs rec and can't stand the douches and pussies. Nobody is even in good shape really.

We should meet up at brocialize sometime!

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/11/13 PII

Just finished my one meal of the day and saw vertical veins running up on either side of my bet buttons and up to right under my sternum. Pretty cool for being on a low carb diet and bloated. I'll do pics tomorrow.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/11/13 PII

Just finished my one meal of the day and saw vertical veins running up on either side of my belly button and up to right under my sternum. Pretty cool for being on a low carb diet and bloated. I'll do pics tomorrow.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/11/13 PII

Just finished my one meal of the day and saw vertical veins running up on either side of my belly button and up to right under my sternum. Pretty cool for being on a low carb diet and bloated. I'll do pics tomorrow.
Nudes are nice! ;)

Can't wait for the EPRO to dry you up more and more. It really shows in people that are already so ripped. I notice a huge difference in the veins on my quads and abdomen while running it.

Randoja

Randoja

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
9/11/13 PII

In 4 pics, this stack always makes me super vascular and dry, killer combo!

joh408

Awards
  • Established
Honestly armbrust is just kind of a fluffy gym. It's like BSN noxplode. Super overhyped with little substance. Rude has everything I need,
ever wanted, and is fairly hardcore- chipped mismatched plates and worn bars and serious lifters. No frills, barebones, and gets it done.

But yeah I honestly go to CUs rec and can't stand the douches and pussies. Nobody is even in good shape really.

We should meet up at brocialize sometime!
Hmm didn't know that about Armbrust. Someone talked about it on here and then a kid in my O Chem class had a shirt and was talking about bodybuilding.

I know what you mean about the rec. Only guys I see go heavy and work legs are the rugby kids usually.

I'm down to meet up man. You're gonna make me look like a bitch since I'm 5'8" and nowhere near as jacked as you hahaha

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/12/13 PI

Despite my theory proving true about the relationship between vague updates and responses, I decided to the sake of consistency and quality to go back to the original style.

Waking up at 6:00am I took my EP as this is when I typically take it. Turns out, campus is closed today and tomorrow so I got to go back to bed. It was great. I have been lagging on sleep but this helped a lot. I felt incredibly more refreshed after going back to bed for 3 more hours.

My girlfriend also coincidently had her day pushed back as well, so we were able to do cardio a little later today which was awesome.

Pre-Cardio Supplements:

I doubled my epimedium dosage from 1.25 to 2.5 , took my DPol, chased it with black coffee (that's what the flavor should be, or like a French vanilla if there is such a resistance towards typical flavors like fruit punch or green apple..) along with 125mg of CoQ10.

Cardio:

Today was intervals and it felt fuarking great! Legs are so dead they are sore just walking, so it was a rough start but MAN was my endurance up and running. I used to dread cardio, having chronic bronchitis since childhood and neglecting parents that never got me any medication, I have vivid memories of always tasting blood in the back of my throat when jogging or doing anything endurance related. I thought the swollen throat and this taste and burning lungs was what everyone hated and whined about, now beginning to be able to actually jog like a normal person after working at it, people that whine about cardio just take it for granted. I definitely credit the CoQ10 for this, as the difference was day and night. The epimedium helps and honestly it seems like the DPol is a 5-10% additional boost in terms of focus.

I did 21 minutes, same intervals, but an extra minute of walking at the start. Allegedly I burned 300 calories, but I think I burned more. All that matters is that I am steadily increasing intensity and am being consistent within these intervals while seeing progress- which I am. The treadmill is just a tool that I use and I can tell that despite the crappy ones I use and the different readings they give, I am using them right, so whatever. Control variables and isolate the ones that you can use to progress with... That's key.

Weight:

This leads to my weight: a new record low of 221.6. This makes me happy, and I am content with it. My first reading this morning pre BM was 223.6 but I still felt bloated. Two days ago was my record low of 221.8. So although I am losing at a slightly slower average than .2/day (1.4)/week I am very happy with this. It seems my body goes in spurts of weight loss, so I can look forward to more consequent drops in the next couple days.

Now, I will get ready to head back to the gym for upper body and report back with that after I eat.

On a side note, the mixability of D-Pol is a little sub-par. I'm always left with some white specs in the bottom that I have to swirl around with more water and kick back. Assuming this is the Vitamin D as its fat soluble, and not water soluble. In the body this doesn't really matter due to taking CoQ 10 with it (includes some MCT oil in it) but taking it is a pain.
For this reason, and my very outspoken view on the taste, I'd highly recommend the pill version instead.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Good work :) do you have a target weight/BF% that you are aiming for?

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Good work :) do you have a target weight/BF% that you are aiming for?
I'm kind of looking for a general aesthetic.. Striated quads would be cool but I will call it quits at the end of this cycle regardless. I would be happy at 220.0 solid- but we will see if I can manage it.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
A person who shall remain anonymous contacted me with the impression that I had been belittling/making jabs at reps on this log.

I want to make it clear that I never meant to so this or even thought that I was. I respect this community deeply and i do think of it as that- a community. I want nothing but positivity.

Regardless, if I have been disrespectful to anyone in this thread I would like to state explicitly that I do apologize for this and have nothing but respect for the patrons of this thread, the reps that make this board (and so many others) live and benefit so many others, and particularly the ones that gave me this opportunity.

When I write these logs I try to provide as much as I can; I do this, out of respect for the reps. They trusted me to fulfill a commitment, going out on a limb of trusting a random person on the Internet with real products and money, and I try in every post to make them feel as though I am not letting them down.

I apologize for the misconception, and I'd like to continue on with nothing but the best of vibes.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing but a party in this here log! :D

A very detailed and graphic party none the less!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha your literally the 1st person ive seen that would prefer the pills over powder.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Ha your literally the 1st person ive seen that would prefer the pills over powder.
We are all unique little snowflakes I suppose, each one different in its own way ;)

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/12/13 PII

After posting my first part of today's log I went to the gym shortly after.

Pre-workout:
Protovol (2), 3.2g beta alanine, 5g Creatine Monohydrate, 5g Leucine, 3g HMB, and some coffee.

Workout:
Today was upper body. I felt pretty good today and was ready to hit it hard.

5x6 Flat BB Bench @ 250 lbs
4x15 @ 30 lb DBs
4x6,6,6,8 Dips @+100 lb DB (felt light so went to failure last set)
5x8 v-bar pull downs @ 170 lbs, last set one handed
4x12 Rope Face Pulls @ 67.5 lbs
2x10 Barbell Curls @ 85 lbs
1x5,4,6 BB curl dropset- 85, 65, 45.

This was the meat and potatoes of my routine. As I tend to do when on EP, I get fired up and wanna push more weight around. I felt like my chest, front delt, and triceps could take more volume as the dips were light today (I am losing weight)

I then went to a machine shoulder press with a neutral grip and hammered out one heavy dropset. i wish there was a way to incorporate this kind of work into my routine as i lkve the feel, but im not sure how id progress.

Oldschool Shoulder press machine (nuetral grip):
4x240lbs, 4x220lbs, 5x200, 4(?)x180

I then finished off my lats in a similar style dropset:

Straight arm pulldowns: 8x87.5, 8x65, 5x50(?)

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
9/12/13 PIII

Diet:

The fourth day of low carb. Again, mr Lyle McDonald says low carbs are key near my bf% to keep progressing. He explicitly mentions that it takes 4 days for these effects to kick in. With this in mind, I'd still like to do carb loading days, and cycle carbs so where I was originally thinking of doing 4 keto-ish days and 3 normal with one high carb, I think I'll do 5 keto, and 2 other days. One will be "normal". And the other will be low fats and will serve as my carb load. So tomorrow ill do one more day similar to this one, then very low fats, then something in between before it starts all over again. Should look nice and full in two days.

Here is everything I shoved down my pie-hole today:

Low low carbs. I have no idea how a total of 95g sneaks in there as my only carb source is from 1 cup of lentils (for fiber), but i guess the trace amounts here and there add up.

I am craving the Fu(k out of pancakes, and just warm doughy bread. hnnnnnn nnng!

Right now I am beginning to look a little flat, but after meals i am very vascular. I took a picture due to saying I was going to. This was before eating and about 30 minutes after my workout- so this is me flat/not vascular. I know I said you could see veins running up my stomach but the can't be seen here :/ I'm not lying! I swear!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looking shredded bro! A little carb load and you'll be sporting a full 8pack. Arms as shoulders looking pretty full too still

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Looking shredded bro! A little carb load and you'll be sporting a full 8pack. Arms as shoulders looking pretty full too still
Thanks for the positivity man! Yeah the daily cardio and workouts are definitely depleting me, but I gotta keep the work up I'm ~3 weeks to reverse dieting.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Looking awesome! Have you been dieting for anything or just for the heck of it? Lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
9/12/13 PIII

Diet:

The fourth day of low carb. Again, mr Lyle McDonald says low carbs are key near my bf% to keep progressing. He explicitly mentions that it takes 4 days for these effects to kick in. With this in mind, I'd still like to do carb loading days, and cycle carbs so where I was originally thinking of doing 4 keto-ish days and 3 normal with one high carb, I think I'll do 5 keto, and 2 other days. One will be "normal". And the other will be low fats and will serve as my carb load. So tomorrow ill do one more day similar to this one, then very low fats, then something in between before it starts all over again. Should look nice and full in two days.

Here is everything I shoved down my pie-hole today:

Low low carbs. I have no idea how a total of 95g sneaks in there as my only carb source is from 1 cup of lentils (for fiber), but i guess the trace amounts here and there add up.

I am craving the Fu(k out of pancakes, and just warm doughy bread. hnnnnnn nnng!

Right now I am beginning to look a little flat, but after meals i am very vascular. I took a picture due to saying I was going to. This was before eating and about 30 minutes after my workout- so this is me flat/not vascular. I know I said you could see veins running up my stomach but the can't be seen here :/ I'm not lying! I swear!
Great updates in here bro. Pic looks great. You are very lean and you can definitely tell that you don't indulge on carbs! Every time I've got to the lower bf percent I've been on extremely low carbs. I just seem to always push it too far and sacrifice some muscle. You seem to have everything under control though.

AdonisBelt

AdonisBelt

Awards
Looking awesome! Have you been dieting for anything or just for the heck of it? Lol
It's all long term plans man. I actually am getting this question alot recently. I mean beach time is over, I have a girlfriend, i don't compete so most don't get it.

For me this whole thing is an extension of self improvement and this cut is a necessary step if I want to take time to improve my aesthetic/physique. That's the truth. I'm into philosophy and mental/emotional improvement as well. I have always wanted to basically make myself as awesome as possible- lol.

Shorter term, and real world-wise my goal is to get as lean as I can before reverse dieting into a lean lean mass gaining phase so that I can bulk for like 1-1.5 more years before cutting- I'd like to stay under 10% year round. Admittedly, its kind of pointless to go to a solid 5% or less benchmark due to the bodies crappy tendency to partition nutrients back into fat after this.

After this I may consider competing. I'm just not there yet- I don't know the details of contest prep, how to pose really, or know the first thing about the general process- this is all pregame necessities at the moment. If I compete I want to at least take third. I now see all heads in my quads, have striated chest muscles, and stil decent strength and a solid foundation, but i feel it's just not presented right- fuark, I can't even get lighting down in pictures to look as vascular/striated as I do in real life.

So that's my goal. It's all about self improvement and pushing limits. It takes discipline to be on a diet and regimen like mine, and I believe it builds character. After an as lean as possible gain phase, we will see if my foundation is formidable enough to compete. Quite honestly I think I could place in men's physique and a local natural bodybuilding show already, but I'd like to win and make a good first impression.