Tyler's gettin' CRAZY! X-Factor Advanced AND Anabeta Elite

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
**If you don't want to read all of this, there are questions at the bottom of this post, and any help is appreciated!!!**

Well it's time for another log. This one has more potential than any log I have ever done before. I am taking the strongest and most effective supplement I have ever used, Anabeta Elite, and combining it with possibly the strongest and most effective supplement I have never used, ArA! Huge thanks to everyone at Molecular Nutrition and PES for the hookups. I have a 200-count X-Factor Advanced (XFA) and will be receiving 2 bottles of ABE within the next few days. I have a bottle of SS Micronized GMS (150 grams) and some GPLC to take with the XFA (don't worry, the GPLC was very cheap).

I will not begin supplementation until Friday (hopefully the ABE gets here by then, but I think it was sent out last Wed or Thurs so it should be here...if not, I'll probably start the ArA then anyway), but I wanted to start early because I am really excited about this AND I would like some advice about XFA dosing. My workout plan will be a modified DC style plan similar to what I did in past logs. I have been doing more leg exercises recently, so I have been thinking about doing a traditional 3-day-per-week DC plan. However, my knee has been banged up for about 2 weeks and I will probably opt to do only one leg day per week separate from my upper body days unless/until it recovers completely. That would put me at 3 hard lifting days per week with one less-intense leg day on Saturday. I will notify everyone of any changes to my routine, but so far it is looking like it will be pretty similar to what I did in the other logs. In preparation for this log, I have been taking it nice and easy for the past few weeks (well, nice and medium) so that my CNS is primed and ready to go. I had some issues with CNS fatigue on my last log and it was a detriment to my performance, so I am aiming to not let that happen again. I feel very fresh and haven't been pushing it much so I don't expect that to be a problem.

Heavy workout days (MWF) will look like this:

-30 min cardio (I know I shouldn't do it first but it's the only time I have enough motivation to do it and it gets me warm and loose for the weights)
-lifting (about 1 hour as long as I keep focused)
-BJJ (1-1.5 hours of rolling)

Other days will be lighter workouts possibly with BJJ if I'm up for it (Sat), only BJJ (Thurs), or rest days (Tues, Sun)

I look similar overall to the way I looked at the beginning of my last log. I am probably slightly less pudgy and a bit larger (due to the gains I got from my last log), but still a long way off from how I expect to look at the end. I will take before picks this week some time. My goal for this log is the same as my last ABE log: bigger muscles, stronger lifts, lower body fat, better endurance. I know I am asking a lot, but since ABE already does all of those to me, I can't wait to see what ArA brings to the party.

Diet will be almost the same as my last ABE log, but I am not going to be afraid to up the carbs a bit if my body is telling me to do it. Mostly, my diet will be high protein, med fat, med carbs. Fats will come mostly from coconut oil and lean meats as much as possible. Meats will be mostly chicken breast and pork tenderloin with some fish when I need a change. Beef is a possibility but over here (Taiwan) it is expensive, fatty, and of medium quality at best, so I might just avoid it. Carbs will be whole grain sources (whole wheat tortillas, brown/purple rice, oats, sweet potato) whenever possible.

Aside from the normal vitamins/greens/etc, I do take joint support, both fish oil and cissus, so I will take those with breakfast while dosing ArA in the evening to avoid compromising effectiveness.

Now for the XFA dosing questions. I have a few options here:

1. 4 pills every day
2. 4 pills on workout days/2 pills on rest days (22 pills per week)
3. 5 pills on workout days/2 pills on rest days (26 pills per week)
4. 5 pills on workout days/2 pills on rest days/1 day off (24 pills per week)
5. 5 pills on workout/BJJ days only (25 pills per week)

I am thinking that options 1 and 3 make the most sense. The bottle says 4 per day, but dosing more on workout days seems to get the best reviews. If Swolenone or other MN reps have a preference for my dosing for the log, I will just go with that. Otherwise, please give me your input. I would prefer not to dose much higher than 5 in case inflammation hits me. So before the official start of this log, here are my questions:

1. What dosing protocol should I use (there are no wrong answers, and please share your thoughts if you have tried more than one of those options and what you thought of them)?
2. with GMS and a carnitine source, I have read that I would not need to dose ArA with aspirin. Is that correct?
3. I have 150g of GMS for an 8-week log. Would 1.5-2g be sufficient to help absorption?
4. I know no one likes GPLC due to the fact that at best it is equal to PLCAR while being more expensive, but I have it and it was cheap when I got it. Is there any reason why I would be better off dosing a different carnitine instead (I have some ALCAR but would rather wait to use it to better judge cognitive benefits)?

Thanks so much for any answers you can provide, especially in regards to dosing (that's my big question)! I will post an official list of all supplements in this log when I get my package from PES and begin the log, but it's basically ABE and XFA with some staple supps. Hope you're all excited. I know I am :) .

Best,
Tyler

Last edited:
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice, I was hoping you'd have this log up soon!

1) I like option 4. Preferably you want the ArA pre-exercise IME.
2) Yep you should be good with just the mGMS and Carnitine.
3) 4-6g is my usual dose. If you dosed 4g with the ArA pre-workout via option 4 that'd get you almost all the through the 8 weeks. :)
4) No it shouldn't matter too much (other than the respective benefits inherent to each Carnitine source), so you should be good to go (I've used PLCAR, ALCAR, and LCLT with ArA, so I've tried a lot).

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Nice, I was hoping you'd have this log up soon!

1) I like option 4. Preferably you want the ArA pre-exercise IME.
2) Yep you should be good with just the mGMS and Carnitine.
3) 4-6g is my usual dose. If you dosed 4g with the ArA pre-workout via option 4 that'd get you almost all the through the 8 weeks. :)
4) No it shouldn't matter too much (other than the respective benefits inherent to each Carnitine source), so you should be good to go (I've used PLCAR, ALCAR, and LCLT with ArA, so I've tried a lot).
Awesome thanks so much for the feedback dude! I also just realized that I managed to f**k up numbering, and thus have two option 3s...I will change that now. If I choose that dosing option, what would I do if I couldn't make it to BJJ on Thursday? Would I just take 4 doses that week, take that dose w/o exercising, or take the 4 large doses and split the missed dose into two rest-day doses (let me know if I am not making sense here, and I will clarify). Thanks for the feedback!

Best,
Tyler

Edit: I edited that list, so Bolt's choice is now number 5, not number 4

Last edited:
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

If you can't make it to BJJ on Thursdays, you should still be fine only dosing ArA 4x a week. But if you wanted/felt the need, you could dose ArA on that day at the regular dose or a lower dose.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
In!

You say you look like you did at the beginning of your last log, did you lose the gains off ABE? Those comparison photos are great!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Nope I am still larger than I was in those pics, but my fat content has risen. Now I am floating in the 87-89KG range, but that will decrease soon :)

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope I am still larger than I was in those pics, but my fat content has risen. Now I am floating in the 87-89KG range, but that will decrease soon :)
That's what I love about AB/ABE. It is very helpful with keeping fat gain to a minimum.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Im running ArA soon myself. Its hard to know the best dosing, I'm aware pre WO on WO days is recommended, i lift 4 times per week and feel that dosing 4 times per week may not be enough for best rest. I might dose 2g monday to Friday then none on weekends with wednesday being my rest day. This way i feel i can keep ArA levels up during the week. Thoughts on that? Does ArA need to build up in the muscles and reach saturation point to be effective? Or can it be effective from the very first dose?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im running ArA soon myself. Its hard to know the best dosing, I'm aware pre WO on WO days is recommended, i lift 4 times per week and feel that dosing 4 times per week may not be enough for best rest. I might dose 2g monday to Friday then none on weekends with wednesday being my rest day. This way i feel i can keep ArA levels up during the week. Thoughts on that? Does ArA need to build up in the muscles and reach saturation point to be effective? Or can it be effective from the very first dose?
Dosing 4x a week would a good dosing protocol but obviously you can dose on a non-workout day if that is what you prefer.

It will take roughly 2 weeks for ArA to fully kick in but there can be some benefits right away. Depends on user.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dosing 4x a week would a good dosing protocol but obviously you can dose on a non-workout day if that is what you prefer.

It will take roughly 2 weeks for ArA to fully kick in but there can be some benefits right away. Depends on user.
This would be my recommendation to your question Tyler. I prefer only on workout days and 4 days should be enough (that is my most common approach when I have used it in the past).

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established

By 2 weeks i assume you mean to visibly notice results. Or will it begin having its affect on the recovery process from the first dose. If it needed to build up surely constant dosing would be ideal to saturate the muscles throughout the run?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By 2 weeks i assume you mean to visibly notice results. Or will it begin having its affect on the recovery process from the first dose. If it needed to build up surely constant dosing would be ideal to saturate the muscles throughout the run?
By 2 weeks, yes I mean notice visible results and strength increases.

From the first dose it depends on the user. I never notice much of anything until around the end of week 1.

You could dose for the full 2 weeks if you felt the need, but from all the reviews and logs, people are only dosing workout days and having great success.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established

You seem to have quite a bit of experience with it. Do you notice any benefit from dosing on workout and non-workout days, over just dosing PWO 4-5 times per week? Does it help it kick in faster or stronger to dose on both days, or am I better off just saving them to dose slightly higher on workout days? Thanks for the input!

Best,
Tyler

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You seem to have quite a bit of experience with it. Do you notice any benefit from dosing on workout and non-workout days, over just dosing PWO 4-5 times per week? Does it help it kick in faster or stronger to dose on both days, or am I better off just saving them to dose slightly higher on workout days? Thanks for the input!

Best,
Tyler
I've actually only ran ArA once (which I just finished). I dosed 5x a week (workout days only) so to me that was plenty. Most people dose 4x a week and that's it.

By dosing on workout and non-workout days it would seem to help the ArA to kick in faster, but I really didn't see the need to dose anymore then I was (especially at 2 grams). One thing you could experiment with is dose around 1.5-2 grams for the first two weeks only workout days and then drop the dose to 1 gram if you wanted and that may help get the ArA going quicker also.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I've actually only ran ArA once (which I just finished). I dosed 5x a week (workout days only) so to me that was plenty. Most people dose 4x a week and that's it.

By dosing on workout and non-workout days it would seem to help the ArA to kick in faster, but I really didn't see the need to dose anymore then I was (especially at 2 grams). One thing you could experiment with is dose around 1.5-2 grams for the first two weeks only workout days and then drop the dose to 1 gram if you wanted and that may help get the ArA going quicker also.
That could be sweet. I will play it by ear since my knee is still hurting a bit, but i was going to do 1.25 so bumping to 1.5 might not be all that risky haha. Thanks for the ideas!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I just realized that tonight is the only time I can do fair "before" pics since I will workout tomorrow and Friday and will do BJJ on Thurs as long as whatever I pulled yesterday feels better by then (whatever I did, it's not bad because it hurts a bit to cough/sneeze but not to breathe, so I am guessing it will be OK by then), so I am sitting around like an ass while my camera charges. Not sure if I will bother to post now, or just wait until the end like I usually do. I am thinking that the latter is better for direct comparison.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Had my last "light" workout before the log officially starts. I will start dosing either tomorrow (if my package gets here and my abs feel ok to roll), or Friday. If the ABE doesn't get here by Friday, I will begin with just ArA and add the ABE whenever it's here (I am guessing it'll get here tomorrow though). My knee still doesn't feel 100%, but I would say at least 90%. If my ab doesn't recover fully for a while, it will be ok and I can still lift but will have to keep it very light on the mats. I am anticipating feeling close to 100% by the weekend or Monday at the latest, but I will be careful not to push it too hard and re-injure myself (I've been known to do that on occasion haha). Sadly this Saturday is a national work day, but on the bright side, we get a 4-day weekend starting next Thurs :) .

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Tomorrow it begins!!!!

My ab is still too sore to roll today, so I will see how it feels tomorrow, but either way I am going to have a SICK workout. I haven't gone high intensity for a few months and I am stoked! It will be a pulling workout and I am going to give it my all from the start. As of today, still no ABE but it might come tomorrow. Otherwise, I will stick with just XFA until the ABE gets here (I am sure that will do just fine if need be). Be on the lookout tomorrow for my first workout report :) .

Best,
Tyler

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tomorrow it begins!!!!

My ab is still too sore to roll today, so I will see how it feels tomorrow, but either way I am going to have a SICK workout. I haven't gone high intensity for a few months and I am stoked! It will be a pulling workout and I am going to give it my all from the start. As of today, still no ABE but it might come tomorrow. Otherwise, I will stick with just XFA until the ABE gets here (I am sure that will do just fine if need be). Be on the lookout tomorrow for my first workout report :) .

Best,
Tyler
Awesome to hear man. Sounds like you are very excited to get going again with se high intense workouts.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Guys I have a quick question. I just did the math, and it has been slightly less than 4 weeks since my last supplement run. I am thinking it is ok because I only ran Titanium/Division1/OG Anabeta for three weeks or less before stopping (I wasn't having good results from anything except the AB and I wanted to give myself a break before this log, so I stopped it early). A proper 4-week break would mean waiting until Monday to start this log. What do you think? Would that be necessary (or advisable)? Or do you think I am good to go tomorrow? I don't mind waiting if I have to, but would massively prefer starting tomorrow. Let me know what you think. Thanks!!!

Best,
Tyler

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Guys I have a quick question. I just did the math, and it has been slightly less than 4 weeks since my last supplement run. I am thinking it is ok because I only ran Titanium/Division1/OG Anabeta for three weeks or less before stopping (I wasn't having good results from anything except the AB and I wanted to give myself a break before this log, so I stopped it early). A proper 4-week break would mean waiting until Monday to start this log. What do you think? Would that be necessary (or advisable)? Or do you think I am good to go tomorrow? I don't mind waiting if I have to, but would massively prefer starting tomorrow. Let me know what you think. Thanks!!!

Best,
Tyler
You'll be fine to start it tomorrow.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
I always have to start supplements on Monday, its the beginning of the week! Lol otherwise my head would be messed up lol wait until monday and start the whole lot :) otherwise i don't think a couple of days here or there would matter to your break.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I always have to start supplements on Monday, its the beginning of the week! Lol otherwise my head would be messed up lol wait until monday and start the whole lot :) otherwise i don't think a couple of days here or there would matter to your break.
I'm not gonna lie man, a lot of the reason I wanted to start today is because I usually fly off the wagon with my diet on weekends. Starting today will keep me a little more disciplined and help me stay lean. However, this will be the first time I haven't started on a Monday, so I am usually right there with you ;)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Well, great news!!! My ABE package still has not arrived, so I was going to start today with only ArA. Instead, my buddy saved the day! I mule'd a few ABE/EPro stacks back to TW for him last month, and he agreed to loan me a bottle of ABE if I promised he would have it back soon. I got confirmation that the package was shipped already, so unless there is a problem with the addressing or something, it should be here within a week. So, for now, problem solved! Whenever my ABE gets here, I can just toss him back a bottle, and I am currently about to hit the gym loaded with a PWO dose of ABE (with PWO meal) and GMS/GPLC/XFA (1.25g) just dosed with some Maximize V2 (I will be pretty sad when this finally runs out since it isn't made anymore and I like it better than the new version). Workout report forthcoming. I am so psyched! Stay tuned ;)

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK first workout is done and I already feel great. I don't know why, but I already have more energy than I normally do and I feel like I could go do the whole workout again. It could be the ABE with the PWO meal (ABE kicks in crazy fast for me, although this would be rediculous), or the GPLC with my PWO, but I felt like I could go forever with my cardio and burned more calories than I normally can without specifically trying to (normally I end up around 450 from my 30 min eliptical run; today I did 510). The weights felt great, but I have nothing to compare to since this is my first day of rest-pause training since last June. I am still amped big time and will require a sleeping pill and some Ghenerate to get to bed on time. Normally I would be enjoying a cheat meal and a beer on Friday night, but since this is the first day of the log AND I have to work tomorrow ( :( ), I am sticking to chicken breast with a small whole wheat tortilla and a salad. Next workout is tomorrow, although it will be a leg day (lower intensity) and will be pretty light pending my knee recovering. I am still foam rolling it and keeping up with my joint supps (spaced far apart from XFA), so it may still get better than it is now. I have, however, already had surgery on it and my IT band will always have some issues from a scooter crash a few years ago, so if any joint is going to get aggrivated by the XFA, I would bet it will be that one (but anyway who doesn't have some nagging injuries, right?). For my reports, I will post in KG if using barbells, Lbs if using dumbbells, and if using machines, I will use whatever it is measured in, so I don't have to convert or estimate. Here are my numbers:

Bent-over row: 100KG x 6-3-2
Super wide grip pull downs: 89KG x 7-4-3 (interesting machine with two weight stacks for no apparent reason ...smooth action though so I'm not complaining)
Cable curls: 120 Lbs x 10-4-4
Reverse-grip cable curls (with thumb since my finger is still messed up): 90 x 6-3-2

I ended with a few sets of face pulls, dynamic stretches for back and biceps, and some neck stretches. Now I will foam roll the knee in hopes that it will keep getting better. I still don't know if my increased performance was from the supplements, the excitement of starting the log, or actually finding some new music to listen too (Bad Religion is still putting out albums!), but I am not complaining either way! Now I must get cookin' so I can get to bed by 12:30. Thanks for reading!!!

Best,
Tyler

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice start to the log. :D

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone is VERY excited and for good reasoning too!

#ABEArA

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK second workout completed. Today was leg day. I blasted through my cardio again; it was great. The GPLC is already taking effect hard even though this is just my second dose of it. I can tell because I sweat so much that by the time I finish cardio, I literally look like I just jumped in a pool. Luckily my gym provides towels and no longer hassles me about taking a second (or third) one if I need it. I planned to do squats and split-stance stiff-legged deadlifts with a trap bar, in addition to abs. I did, but my left hamstring and groin was KILLING me just from my warm-up squats. I probably would have abandoned ship if I wasn't doing a log, but I pressed on! However, by the time limped on over to deads, it was pretty obvious that I had to take it easy on my hamstrings today. As a result, I went light with sets of 5 until the pain got to feeling like I might actually be doing harm to myself and then called it a day. The rest of the workout was ab work and lots of stretching. Still feel great and my squats were legit. Here is a summary:

Squats: 90.8KG x 8, 8 (not listing warm-up sets, of course, but I warmed up thoroughly from 40KG on)
Split-stance stiff-legged deadlift: 40KG x 5, 50 x 5, 60 x 5, 70 x 5

Ab stuff included 3 or 4 sets of leg lifts, and planking. Honestly, I forgot all about calves. I normally don't work them because my calves are naturally huge, and I feel like they don't really do much for me, so getting them bigger and stronger isn't something that I normally go after, but I would have worked them today just for the added GH output from working more muscle groups (if that does actually happen...that's what I heard).

I don't know if the soreness is from the XFA or what, but I couldn't believe how much my hamstring and groin hurt. That happens sometimes if I haven't squatted for awhile, but what was really weird is that my legs felt sore after cardio. I have been doing the same cardio routine for years and never felt sore from it. Not sure if it is the XFA or a coincidence, but it was definitely a new feeling. On the other hand, my knee, which had been bothering me for weeks, feels great and gave me no trouble at all while running or squatting. My right ankle was also sore all day but by the time I was finished with cardio, it was 100%. In other words, my joints are feeling better instead of worse.

I don't think I mentioned this, but my starting weight is actually lower than I thought it would be. I was floating around 88KG and couldn't lose weight, but then I stopped drinking. I realize now that the daily drinking was creating cortisol spikes that were screwing with my sleep and putting fat on. After I realized that and stopped drinking (in my defense, I was on vacation...worst. excuse. ever.), my sleep got better and fat started melting off. In the week before the log, I averaged 86KG (morning and afternoon weigh-ins fluctuated between 85 and 87.5, but were usually around 86-86.5). I have a scale at home now, so it is much easier to weigh myself.

My ab is still not 100%, and after speaking with our resident PT, of course it's not (it's been 6 days). However, it is feeling better every day. I am hoping it feels good enough to roll on Monday. Our coach that teaches on Tuesday will be out of the country, so I will have to teach class on Tuesday night, so if the ab isn't better by then, I will have to be "that guy" who teaches class and then doesn't roll with anyone (which will suck, because I will already "that guy" who is teaching class even though he isn't actually very good haha). Diet has been ok, but the school lunch today was a deep-fried pork breaded in red yeast (pretty much my favorite thing ever), so I definitely ate a healthy portion haha. As I write this, though, I am going hypo from my PWO dose of ABE (I didn't dose with carbs because I figured I would have time to lift before hypo kicked in), so I am going to go eat something!

Best,
Tyler

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love the detail you always have in here. Keep it up. :cool:

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I am already looking noticeably fuller. I woke up today looking leaner and I was 84KG on the scale. That means that I definitely did not drink enough water after my workout yesterday (the GPLC makes me sweat so much that it's hard to tell how much to drink), and I am obviously a bit dehydrated today (I also feel a bit foggy, which is what happens when I am a little dehydrated upon waking). It is incredible that I am still looking fuller despite this (I am looking slimmer too, obviously, but since I am feeling dehydrated, I'm not celebrating that).

My legs and back feel a bit sore, but not only do they feel no more sore than they normally do after a leg day, they possibly feel less sore. So, as of now, no increase in DOMS from the XFA but we'll see what tomorrow brings (my DOMS always kicks in the second day after a workout, especially in my legs). So far, I am loving this combo, and I am feeling great. Most of it is my excitement I'm sure (I mean, this is the start of day 3), but I'm not complaining!

I have to go to a wedding at Taipei 101 in a few hours (didn't know people could have weddings there), so I will be very happy for ABE's GDA effects I'm sure ;)

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK Monday workout report:

I felt a little like my heart wasn't in it today (crowded gym, start of the week, etc etc), but even with that feeling, I kicked some major ass and am feeling great overall. I am already killin' it and it should only get better from here.

The only negative is my ab injury. I was feeling pretty good today, so I went to BJJ after the gym. I only rolled light, but even light rolling, it wasn't long before I felt a pop and the pain got worse. It's not as bad as it was initially, but it seems pretty obvious that I won't be ready to roll again for at least 2 weeks...and I still have to teach tomorrow, so that will be less than optimal. I am now unsure of whether it is an ab injury, or an injury to my rib cartilage. I had thought it was an ab initially, but the fact that it popped again today seems to point to a rib issue. I honestly don't think it will affect recovery much either way, since a few weeks of rest should get the job done with either injury, but man I wish I didn't stick around for that last roll last Monday :( . I guess that's all in the game, though.

Anyway, here are my numbers:

Dumbbell flat bench: 80s x 7-2-2
Dumbbell shoulder press: 60s x 6-2-1
Upright row: 41.5 KG x 12-5-5 (will have to step up the weight next time)
Skull crushers: 41.5KG x 10-4-2
Dumbbell side raise: drop set 40s x 6/25s x 6
Dumbbell front raise: drop set 40s x 8/ 20s x 8

Because of the Monday rush (gyms: empty on Fridays, packed on Mondays), I did mostly dumbbell work so that I could keep my bench. Normally I would alternate chest and shoulder presses (one dumbbell, one barbell), but today, I used what was available and I am happy I did.

I know this isn't believable, but I am already getting stronger. I don't know if it is just me enjoying the intensity or what, but I haven't gotten 7 reps with 80s for months. Last time I tried, I only got 5. Today, I hammered out 7 on the first round of my RP set. I am thrilled! It could be my own excitement, but ABE does kick in ludicrously fast, as does GPLC, so it could be that, too. If I had to guess why ABE kicks in so fast for me, I would guess that it is a mix of being a super responder to Anacyclus, and the 7-OH having a seemingly immediate effect on my cortisol level (neither compound peaks for another week or two, but already love how I feel). I can't say much for the XFA yet, except for two things:

1. I don't remember putting on strength this quickly with ABE alone, even though I do remember noticing an effect on mood/leaning/energy
2. Even though my legs seem less sore than they should be after Saturday's squatting (rather than more, which I was worried about with ArA) after dosing XFA and doing cardio, I get soreness in my hamstrings and groin as if I had just been squatting. It goes away quickly enough and doesn't contribute to DOMS, but it is odd because I have never gotten that before...ever. At the least, that means the XFA is having an effect.

Overall, except for the ab/rib, I am feeling amazing :) . Thanks for reading!!!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I'm off to go teach and either not roll, or only play top game (both options are pretty lame...). I am going to take XFA before class, as I will prob end up going for the top game option.

Question: should I dose XFA before cardio, or only if doing weights or BJJ?

Thanks!
Tyler

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm off to go teach and either not roll, or only play top game (both options are pretty lame...). I am going to take XFA before class, as I will prob end up going for the top game option.

Question: should I dose XFA before cardio, or only if doing weights or BJJ?

Thanks!
Tyler
If only doing cardio, I'd do the 1/1/1/1 dosing.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
If only doing cardio, I'd do the 1/1/1/1 dosing.
What's that? Dose 1 pill throughout the day? Keep in mind I am still doing 4 days a week of weights, but not sure whether I am supposed to dose on other days when only doing cardio.

Should I dose 5 on WO days, 4 (1-1-1-1) on cardio days, and none on rest days?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's that? Dose 1 pill throughout the day? Keep in mind I am still doing 4 days a week of weights, but not sure whether I am supposed to dose on other days when only doing cardio.

Should I dose 5 on WO days, 4 (1-1-1-1) on cardio days, and none on rest days?
Yes, the 1/1/1/1 is just splitting the dose throughout the day. I would just keep it to 4 caps a day and for sure dose on non-workout days.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Yes, the 1/1/1/1 is just splitting the dose throughout the day. I would just keep it to 4 caps a day and for sure dose on non-workout days.
Just to be clear, you know I am talking about XFA (the ArA supp) and not ABE right (just want to make sure, as it sounds like you are talking about a dosing schedule that fits ABE more than XFA)?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to be clear, you know I am talking about XFA (the ArA supp) and not ABE right (just want to make sure, as it sounds like you are talking about a dosing schedule that fits ABE more than XFA)?
Oh jeeze haha. My bad man.

Forget what I was talking about and do how you had it planned. Just for prior to your workouts 4 times a week.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Oh jeeze haha. My bad man.

Forget what I was talking about and do how you had it planned. Just for prior to your workouts 4 times a week.
Haha, no worries man it's easy to get confused with all the abbreviating. Will stick to that dosing schedule. Thanks!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Well it is day 6. I am feeling extra hungry today, and hoping it means my metabolism is speeding up a bit to keep up. I came home from work today planning to get right to the gym, but by the time I got home I went from not noticeably hungry to ravenously hungry (in the span of 20 min). I have noticed that AB does this in the past, but this might feel stronger than before as it is only day 6, so the ArA might be contributing to it, too (not positive if people have reported increased hunger on ArA, but I feel like almost any effective muscle builder will do that, so I wouldn't be surprised).

I am really feeling the energy increase today. I felt like a million bucks and was able to go all day (6 hours of teaching) without fading, whereas I usually get a post-lunch exhaustion even if I slept well the previous night. I also slept really well last night, as I took 1mg of estazolam and 12.5mg of diphenhydramine (half of a Benedryl) before bed. I was feeling a bit of anxiety for some reason (happens to me sometimes), so I dosed the estazolam. I got about 7 hours of sleep but I woke up 10 min. before my alarm clock and felt great. I feel like I have fewer sleep problems than I used to with Anabeta for two reasons: I dose early in the day and My last dose can't be later than 4 or 5PM, and ABE's 7-OH seems to calm me down a bit in general, but most importantly I feel like it helps keep my cortisol from spiking before bed. I still toss and turn all night if I dose too late, but the more experience I get, the more I am able to find the best ways to get all the benefits while minimizing any side effects. For example, I know that ABE has potent GDA effects on me, so I would never have thought to dose without eating at least some carbs. However, I am realizing that I am able to dose 1 pill without carbs and still have a window of time before going hypo. That is important because I can get my last dose of the day in, go work out, and get back home before I start getting serious symptoms of hypoglycemia. On the other hand, if I dose two pills without carbs, or with not enough carbs, I will quickly be dizzy, irritable, and my peripheral vision starts to play tricks on me. Obviously couldn't workout like that haha.

I taught BJJ yesterday and was pretty good about not irritating my ab/rib injury. I am not sure if it is an ab, or if I screwed up my rib cartilage, but I didn't roll, so no popping yesterday. I did somehow manage to somehow rub the skin off the bottom of my big toe from the mats, even though I wasn't really doing anything, so that sucks! Walking and teaching (I'm usually standing) sucked royally today, and I'm sure cardio will suck a lot more. On the plus side, it's just a pain thing and will feel fine in a few days, so whatever. Biggest thing right now is hoping that my ab/rib recovers within 2 weeks. Why 2 weeks? Because that is the amount of time I arbitrarily picked out of the air. I waited one week before and that was not enough, so now we will see about 2. I am off to do a pulling workout. Will report back later!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK workout today felt AMAZING. First of all, cardio felt 100% fine once I was on, so my little injury that made the whole day a limpy mess, pretty much went away as I got in the zone :) . Cardio was intense as hell, and that was just the beginning! I didn't have my numbers from my last pulling workout available, so I didn't know whether or not I would have improved so soon...I did. A lot. The only lifts I repeated were Bent-over row and reverse-grip cable curl. I increased substantially bent-over row, and a bit on RGCC as well. On RVCC, I was also able to do the first few reps without using my thumbs, so I improved more than it looks like IMO. My other lifts felt great, as well. Honestly, I think the biggest difference in today's workout was that I had more drive than I may have ever had in my life. Even if I felt kinda lazy doing my warm-up sets, I just kept going and going and going on my real sets. It was like I was able to win the war that we all fight against our own body to get that last rep, stay focused, and kill it! I had an intense mind-muscle connection, and I felt like the more I did, the more focused and driven I felt. I REALLY hope that this is a sign of what's to come on this log. Here are the numbers:

Bent-over row: 100KG x 8-4-3
normal/narrow-grip pull downs: 103KG x 9-4-3 (this is not the same exercise as my last pull downs, which were super-wide grip)
Preacher curl: 36.5KG x 4-2-2
Reverse-grip cable curl: 90lb x 6-3-3

I finished with some L-seat pullups for abs, and got 12 of them (I don't think I have ever gotten 12 of them before), then did my stretching. Honestly, I am still feeling so amped up, I wish I could go back and keep lifting!

My DOMS has been perfect. Enough in my chest/shoulders/tris to let me know I hit 'em well, but nothing that is painful or felt like over-doing it. No soreness in my legs after cardio today, and no joint pain at all from the XFA. So far, the only thing I am worried about is whether or not I am going to be able to sleep tonight after feeling like this at 10PM. We'll see what happens with that, but holy crap I am feeling great! Thanks for reading!!!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Well, it is a 4-day weekend and I am hoping to get out of the city for awhile, so I am going to move legs to today, and do my pushing workout tomorrow (freeing up my weekend). Will post legs report soon ;)

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
OK guys here is the legs day breakdown:

I woke up today at 11 and dose 2 ABE and then drank a shake with 2 servings of Ultimate Flurry protein (50g protein, 12 g carbs, 10g fats I think is what that would equal) plus a small banana and half a cup of oats. I was planning on hitting the gym around 1:30...I was wrong. I kept having little tasks assigned to me by the wife because some of her family was coming over. I didn't get to the gym until 4 or 4:30. The bad part is that I hadn't eaten anything since that first shake, and I hadn't dosed my other 2 ABE yet. I dosed my GMS/GPLC/XFA with my PWO drink and I was off. Cardio reflected a lower energy level, as I burned fewer calories than normal (about 5-7% decrease). I decided I wasn't going to make excuses, and got on the rack. Last Saturday, I really impressed myself by getting 8 reps with 90KG. I decided that I was going to do better today. I was going to get 9 reps if it killed me. I kept perfect form, pushed my feet into the ground as hard as I could, and didn't quit until I felt like my body was going to explode. Incredibly, I was able to push 12 reps! Not a bad increase for 5 days ;) . After that, I was spent. I rested for a nice long 4-5 min before attempting my second set. I was only able to get 8 on the second set, and I almost couldn't get the last one up. Luckily I just barely managed to not kill myself and I re-racked. After that I did a rest-paused calf exercise and some split-stance stiff-legged dead lifts. I am not sure if I did the deadlifts right, because I was able to do a decent amount of weight, even though it's supposed to be a one-leg exercise. I will continue to study video to get my form right on them. Here are the numbers:

Squat: 90KG x 12, 8
Seated, plate-loaded calf raise: 60KG x 10-4-4
Split stance stiff-legged dead lifts (on a trap bar): 80KG x 10 (each leg)

I took my last two ABE, drove home, dosed some yellow gold, and cooked a nice feast of ~half a pound of chicken with 1.5 whole wheat tortillas. I am feeling really good now. Overall, my weight is about the same, but I am looking leaner and fuller. Hopefully weight will start dropping soon, as I think even if I add a few KG of muscle, I could still look better around 84 (or even less). The strength increases that are already apparent are impressive and hopefully a small sign of what's to come.

Best,
Tyler

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice updates in here. Sounds like things are moving along very nicely and it hasn't even been a week yet. Wait until about the middle/ end of week 2!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Nice updates in here. Sounds like things are moving along very nicely and it hasn't even been a week yet. Wait until about the middle/ end of week 2!
Dude I can't wait! Even if nothing changes and this is as intense as it gets, I am more than satisfied! This is definitely more intense than ABE alone felt this early...and ABE alone is already freakin strong!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude I can't wait! Even if nothing changes and this is as intense as it gets, I am more than satisfied! This is definitely more intense than ABE alone felt this early...and ABE alone is already freakin strong!
ABE + ArA is the best natty stack there is hands down. Doesn't get any better.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ABE + ArA is the best natty stack there is hands down. Doesn't get any better.
I concur. Stuff is epic. I need to use them together again.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Chest/shoulders/triceps report:

I am getting stronger faster than I could have imagined. It has only been a little over a week, but I am already feeling a huge difference from the beginning of this log. My numbers today, compared with my numbers from only 5 days ago, are crazy. Weights felt lighter in general. 80s felt like 60s while I was benching. Compare these numbers to my last chest/shoulders/triceps day:

(dumbbell exercises list the weight of one dumbbell, not the combined weight of both)
Dumbbell flat bench: 80lbs x 10-4-2
Dumbbell shoulder press: 60lbs x 8-2-2
Upright row: 48.5KG x 11-5-4
Skull crushers: 48.5KG x 7-3-2
Dumbbell side raise: 40lbs x 6 drop set to 15lbs x 15
Dumbbell front raise: 40lbs x 9 drop set to 15lbs x 24

That amount of improvement in under a week is insane. I don't remember ever getting 10 reps on a set with 80s in my life. I am still pretty much in shock.

I haven't been eating too well in all honesty, but I am looking bigger, fuller, and a bit more cut up. I am still not experiencing any [extra] joint pain, and any joint issues I had at the beginning of this log have continued to improve. Finishing my ABE dosing early in the day is eliminating the sleep issues that I get from anacyclus for the most part, combined with GABA, Ghenerate, and sleep meds when necessary. I will stay out of BJJ for another few days at least, probably a week...I will stay away as long as I can but no promises on how long that will be. My ab/rib injury still gets sore once in awhile but feels much better and doesn't get irritated when lifting. Monday is another pulling workout...excited to see what happens :) .

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Pulling day report:

I will try to keep this short (especially since I believe only 2 people are following this log so far and I don't want them to get bored already ;) ). I moved up in weight for all of my repeated exercises, since I am feeling stronger and stronger lately). Despite moving up in weight, I pumped out almost the same number of reps as I did the last time I did these exercises :) .

Bent-over row: 105KG x 7-3-3
Super wide grip pull downs: 96 KG x 7-3-3 (The guy who I asked to help me pull the bar down until I could lock my legs in tried to spot me on the second and third part of my RP set...he had the best of intentions, but it did screw up my focus a bit)
Cable curl: 140lbs x 7-3-3
Hammer curl: 35 lb dumbbells x 8-3-3

Cardio was ok; I think I underdosed my PWO a bit today or maybe it's just a Monday thing, but I felt like I could have used a bit more pep in my step. Didn't let that stop me though.

My ab/back is feeling 99% better but I still stayed out of BJJ today so that I wouldn't make the same mistake twice (no promises about Wednesday, though).

Since I didn't go to BJJ and had extra time at the end of my workout, I did some L-seat pullups. Then I still didn't feel like leaving, so I did a few sets of face pulls. Then I still didn't feel like leaving, so I did a few sets of an exercise I just learned from a Taiwanese guy on saturday when you get into a bent-over row posture with a super wide underhand grip, keep your elbows locked, and squeeze your shoulder blades together (supposed to work lower traps and all the inner back muscles). Then I still didn't want to leave, so I did some light rack pulls...then some medium rack pulls...then some heavy rack pulls...after pulling 170KG I realized I wasn't doing a great job of cooling down, so I stretched and left. On the way out, I realized that my heaviest rack pull ever was 180KG...I got almost to that AFTER I HAD JUST DONE A FULL INTENSE BACK WORKOUT...WITHOUT EVEN NOTICING! Am I satisfied with my mindset for today's workout? Not completely. Am I satisfied with my progress so far on this log? Abso-freakin-lutely!

Best,
Tyler

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pulling day report:

I will try to keep this short (especially since I believe only 2 people are following this log so far and I don't want them to get bored already ;) ).
I will say that as a long time lurker before I started posting on here.....just because people don't comment doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of eyes following. ;)

Solid work so far man. Just sit back (errr I mean keep lifting hard!) and prepare for the good stuff to really start happening now. :D