Tyler's gettin' CRAZY! X-Factor Advanced AND Anabeta Elite

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.33%

Great that you got your ABE in. Really looking forward to seeing your gains from this cycle!!
    William Llewellyn's Anabolics, Underground Anabolics, and SSRG ebook editions!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Wednesday workout log:

I had another lighter day (boring, but it'll help in the long run) today and I think I chose some good exercises.

Chainsaws: sets of 5 with 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 100s with 30-second rests and long negatives
    Super wide grip pulldowns: sets of 5, 5-second negatives (longer rests as I was working in with two other guys): 71KG, 78KG, 85KG, 92KG
    Cable Curls: sets of 5, five second negatives: 80, 100, 110, 120
    Face pulls: 80 x 10, 10, 10
    Reverse-grip barbell curl on straight barbell (no thumb): sets of 5 with 5-second negatives: 15KG, 17.5KG, 20KG, 25KG

Only had time for cardio OR BJJ as tutoring ran late. BJJ won, so cardio was just a 5-min jog to warm up.

BJJ was good. I got a good hour+ of rolling with lots of good guys.

I am starting to feel pretty bored in the gym with the lighter routine and am really excited to get back into it hard next week.

I think I am putting on a slight amount of fat this week, but nothing serious and I think it will come right off (and then some) when I start getting back into my rest-pause training.

My legs are still sore from last Saturday...I guess I really screwed up my "light day" haha. I had no idea that would hit me as hard as it did. I guess I better take it a little easier on legs next Saturday.

As always, thanks to everyone following!

Best,
    Tyler
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Patuba View Post
    Great that you got your ABE in. Really looking forward to seeing your gains from this cycle!!
    Thanks man. I won't disappoint!
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.87%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Im sure the BJJ is a much tougher workout and burns more calories than traditional cardio, good choice!

Ive never done any martial arts training, but it must be rough after a brutal workout with the weights.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    Im sure the BJJ is a much tougher workout and burns more calories than traditional cardio, good choice!

Ive never done any martial arts training, but it must be rough after a brutal workout with the weights.
    Yeah definitely, but having less energy and strength makes me actually have to learn something . I recommend you try it if you ever get the chance. It is amazingly addicting!
  6. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.87%

^^^ I might have to, sounds like a great workout and if worse comes to worse those skills could come in handy!
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

^^^ I might have to, sounds like a great workout and if worse comes to worse those skills could come in handy!
    Man at 5'11", 240 lbs, I'm sure you would do just fine anyway . ...but yeah it is crazy fun. Almost like if you could play chess by fighting people.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

OK friday workout log:

Today was one of my last deload workouts. I read that going too heavy defeats the point and I was in a huge rush so I kept weights a bit lower and used supersets.

Bench press (5 second negative) supersetted with cable crossovers (8-10 second negative): Bench was 60, 70, 70, 70, 70 KG
    Cable crosses were 80, 100, 100, 100, 100 lbs
    Triceps press supersetted with standing military press (5 second negatives on both): Triceps press was 120, 120, 120, 120, 120 lbs
    Military was 30, 30, 30, 30, 30KG

Did 5 min run to warm up and that was all I had time for.

BJJ was awesome. Good rolls, good people, and a visiting brown belt from Japan whose top game was much better than my bottom game haha. Good times!

I am excited to get my last deload workout in tommorrow and then hit it hard again starting Monday!

Best,
    Tyler
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.87%

Quote Originally Posted by tyrub42 View Post
    Man at 5'11", 240 lbs, I'm sure you would do just fine anyway . ...but yeah it is crazy fun. Almost like if you could play chess by fighting people.
    Haha, ya I just bulked back up to over 230. I havent changed my stats in a few years, I can get to 250 fairly easily when I take my workouts, supplementation and diet seriously. For that reason, Ive always felt fairly safe in any context haha. When I was 240 I used to work out at the same gym as Phil Heath, him complimenting my physique for my age was one hell of a feeling!

Way to go sticking to your deload, and Im ready to hear of some epic weights on Monday. Keep up the great work and have an awesome weekend.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Haha, ya I just bulked back up to over 230. I havent changed my stats in a few years, I can get to 250 fairly easily when I take my workouts, supplementation and diet seriously. For that reason, Ive always felt fairly safe in any context haha. When I was 240 I used to work out at the same gym as Phil Heath, him complimenting my physique for my age was one hell of a feeling!

Way to go sticking to your deload, and Im ready to hear of some epic weights on Monday. Keep up the great work and have an awesome weekend.
    Thanks man, right back at ya! BTW thanks for making XFO affordable enough so I could convince some friends over here to order and give it a try . Awesome sales on the MN line all over the net this weekend!
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Saturday workout log:

Today was my last deload day. It was leg day, and I toned it down a bit from last week and kept reps a little higher:

Squat: 47kg x 12, 57 x 12, 67 x 10, 77 x 10
    Stiff legged deadlift supersetted with calf raises: SLDL 50kg x 10, 60 x 10, 60 x 10
    calf raises: 100 x 10, 10, 10

I did 10 min of cardio before those lifts and then about 12 min after before I had to go to BJJ. BJJ was awesome. Very intense (it was competition class so people turn it up a bit), but I got to use some new stuff I've been working on. Kept carbs a bit higher today both before and after training. I dosed carbs with ABE and yellow gold before and after. I feel really worn out from BJJ but I'll be fine tomorrow I'm sure.

I forgot to skip the fish oil/supercissus when I woke up today, so I ended up dosing both of those about 3 hours before XFA. I hope that doesn't hurt it too much, but it was just this one time.

I didn't do a cheat meal this week because of the lighter workload and the fact that I raised carbs a little anyway. I think it was a good decision. I did drink my weekly beer tonight though...

Best,
    Tyler
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.33%

You should be fine with the fish oil/cissus 3 hours before the X-factor.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Pulling day workout report:

I switched to 100% clean form on my bent-over row so my weights and reps lowered a bit. I honestly think it is for the best, as I really was letting my form go the last few weeks and that is a horrible decision, esp since I have an old back injury. I also had a rough and stressful weekend which I will detail below. Here are the numbers:

Bent-over row: 102KG x 4-2-2
    Super-wide grip pulldowns: 103KG x 6-3-2
    Cable curl: 140lbs x 9-4-3 (PR again...although I was less fatigued than normal after my poor performance in the bigger lifts)
    Dumbbell hammer curls: 40s x 7-3-3 (PR but take the same reason as above into account)

This is my first day kicking up the intensity again. I have been working like crazy on stuff for work yesterday and today, and I have paid the price. The worst part is that for some reason, I slept HORRIBLY on Saturday night. Super vivid dreams, waking up often, and waking up after only 5 hours and being unable to get back to sleep (also the UFC was on live and for free so I figured I would just watch that). I felt like I had a really bad hangover and was also really dehydrated for some reason. I haven't slept that badly in months. I have no idea what the problem was. On top of that, yesterday was hours and hours of work. I was stress eating big time. I probably consumed 500-600 calories of junk. Cookies that my wife bought, craisins, and even some fruit which isn't as bad but it was at a time when I shouldn't have been eating any sugars. Horrible self control. After that, I only got like 6 hours of sleep last night, which left me feeling horrible today (although better than yesterday). Luckily I got done with about 90% of my work in the one day and won't have to worry about that much paperwork again for 6 months.

After I got home and ate my PWO meal today I crashed big time and had to take a nap. I slept for an hour and woke up, took my PWO/XFA/GPLC/GMS/KNO3/Vit C and a sample of Hemovol that I forgot I had. It was delicious but for some reason I used a lighter dose of my PWO than normal thinking that the Hemovol would enhance it. It didn't as that is not what it is supposed to do. I don't know what I was thinking, but I think it was just something along the lines of "I don't want to ruin the flavor of the Hemovol with my PWO so I won't use too much." It was stupid. Needless to say, my workout got off to a slow start. I think Friday will be a better gauge of my progress. I am still expecting my bent-over row to be similar, but I should be able to pump out a few more reps when I am a bit fresher.

By the end of my workout I felt much more woken up and was performing better. By the time I got to BJJ I felt great. Tonight was No-gi and I felt awesome. People are noticing that I am cutting up a lot and feel solid, which is great. Even better, I have been able to learn and implement some new techniques that I am able to pull off with really a high percentage on good guys. I had been feeling that my game had been getting a little stale, and I am thrilled to feel and see noticeable improvement in my techniques and general understanding of basic concepts.

I am looking more vascular than I ever have before, especially after the hemavol and the carb binging yesterday. I have one more Hemovol and some agmatine caps. Would you guys think the agmatine would be better used with ABE (and yellow gold on Monday/Saturday) before my PWO meal (2-3 hours PWO), or better to dose it with my PWO/XFA/other goodies (30 min PWO)? I know it is a great pump product and also has GDA properties, so which dosing time will have better benefits, and will the pump be much stronger if I save it for PWO or will I still get the pump benefits dosing with the meal?

Thanks for following and sorry about the poor diet yesterday!

Best,
    Tyler
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.87%

I love getting increased vascularity, mine has been improving over the years. X-Factor and Hemavol will certainly help with that!

Nothing wrong with that weekly one beer, good will control not going above that.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

I love getting increased vascularity, mine has been improving over the years. X-Factor and Hemavol will certainly help with that!

Nothing wrong with that weekly one beer, good will control not going above that.
    Yeah, I'm surprising even myself with the self control. In Taiwan, we don't really have a lot of good beer. We have a few imported (Anchor Liberty, Anchor Porter, Fuller's Porter), but generally nothing much. Right at the beginning of my log, my friend got his brewing op up and running and had a custom-brewed IPA ready for me. I had to cut my order down to 6 bottles even though it was awesome. As I am a beer connoisseur (...snob), he likes my notes on other beers he brews. On Saturday, he had two new IPAs for me to try. One was solid with a nice darker malt and a solid hop character. The other was incredibly awesome. Huge burst of cascade and citra hops in the nose, and the taste matched it. Nice soft citrus with tropical fruit overtones. I never wanted to stop drinking it. It was the best beer I have ever had in Taiwan, and I could have had as much as I wanted for free. I stopped at half of one.

I did lose 100 pounds in 11 months back in high school, so I guess my willpower developed there, but oh man I did really want to drink a bit more of that beer haha. My logic is simple though. You guys and PES were nice and generous enough to hook me up with great effective products for free. The least I can do is keep my diet and training in tip top shape so my results are a good representation of the potential of this combo. On the plus side, I know who bought that IPA so I can probably have another one next weekend

Best,
    Tyler
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.33%

Great self control on the diet. I like your dedication to this log.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Great self control on the diet. I like your dedication to this log.
    Thanks so much, man! Really, it's the least I can do to show my appreciation. This way people get to see what this combo can really do when used to its full potential .
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

OK pushing day workout report. I have been having lots of trouble sleeping recently for some reason. Last night at 2AM i decided it best to use 1mg estazolam which I try to avoid since I need it Sunday and Wednesday. This week it's been Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday so that's not great. On the bright side, I felt great all day even though I only clocked in 5 hours of sleep. I notice that when on AB/ABE I don't need as much sleep in general, but I'll make sure to get some good sleep in tonight and tomorrow night. My main lift was really off tonight. I had a decent excuse for my bent-over row dropping a bit (concentrating of form), but my bench press was way below what it was last time and I have no idea why. Honestly, I am going to chalk it up to an anomoly and try to come back and kill it for my next pushing workout. Here are my numbers:

Dumbbell flat bench: 85s x 6-3-0 (down from 9-4-3 I think...a huge drop)
    Dumbbell shoulder press: 60s x 11-5-4 (PR...guess it wasn't all bad)
    Skull crushers: 52.2KG x 2, then drop to 47.2KG for my next two stages and got 3,2 reps with that (also a PR as I couldn't left that weight last time)
    Dumbbell side raise: 40s x 8 dropset to 20 x 10
    Dumbbell front raise: 40s x 11 dropset to 20s x 15

My vascularity is better than ever and I am feeling awesome. The only differences that could help explain the drop in bench were using a different flat bench (narrower and lower; I didn't like it but it should have affected me that much), doing less cardio beforehand (10 min instead of 30, so maybe I wasn't primed to go all out at that time? Still weird as that would seem to help more than hurt), and not sleeping well this week (although that never hurt me too bad in the gym before). I am going to keep the intensity up and see what happens next Monday. Hopefully it was just a fluke. I still look and feel great, though, so that's good, and I did set a few PRs.

BJJ was good like always. Good rolls with good guys and a few new members and visitors from other clubs. I am going to end this post now as I have to get to bed ASAP to try to catch up on sleep. Goodnight, everyone!

Best,
    Tyler
  19. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.87%

Cant beat multiple PR's after a night of only 5 hours of sleep!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Cant beat multiple PR's after a night of only 5 hours of sleep!
    Thanks man! Honestly though pretty disappointed with my flat bench yesterday. Really hoping to make up for that next week though. I would love to be able to get 100s up by the end of this log (I might be able to do that now but don't want to waste a log day for it).
  21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

So what does everyone think about agmatine dosing? Should I dose it with ABE (and Yellow Gold whenever possible) before my PWO meal (more GDA effects), or save it for dosing with XFA 30 min PWO for pump?

Also, would I still get the agmatine pump if I dose it with the meal, 2.5-3 hours PWO?

Thanks!
    Tyler
  22. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks man! Honestly though pretty disappointed with my flat bench yesterday. Really hoping to make up for that next week though. I would love to be able to get 100s up by the end of this log (I might be able to do that now but don't want to waste a log day for it).
    What week are you on ArA?
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    What week are you on ArA?
    Week 6 this week
  24. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

So what does everyone think about agmatine dosing? Should I dose it with ABE (and Yellow Gold whenever possible) before my PWO meal (more GDA effects), or save it for dosing with XFA 30 min PWO for pump? Also, would I still get the agmatine pump if I dose it with the meal, 2.5-3 hours PWO? Thanks! Tyler
    When I take Yellow Gold, I dose 500-1000mg Agmatine with it pre-carb meals. One of those meals was pre-workout about 2 hours prior to my workout. I can't comment on pump from that meal because my pre contained Agmatine but I was always feeling the pump haha.

Dosing with XFA pre-workout would be beneficial also if your pre doesn't already contain Agmatine.
    PES Representative
  25. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.39%

Week 6 this week
    2 more weeks roughly? I believe you would be able to get up 100s by the end of the log. You wanting to get it for reps or 1 rep max?
    PES Representative
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

When I take Yellow Gold, I dose 500-1000mg Agmatine with it pre-carb meals. One of those meals was pre-workout about 2 hours prior to my workout. I can't comment on pump from that meal because my pre contained Agmatine but I was always feeling the pump haha.

Dosing with XFA pre-workout would be beneficial also if your pre doesn't already contain Agmatine.
    It does have it, but I take so little that I don't get much in it. I use Maximize V2 and love it but it is so strong I only take about 1/6 of a scoop per workout, so not too much agmatine in my dose.
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

2 more weeks roughly? I believe you would be able to get up 100s by the end of the log. You wanting to get it for reps or 1 rep max?
    I would be happy with 1, but the more the merrier. Yeah about 2 more weeks.
  28. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.39%

It does have it, but I take so little that I don't get much in it. I use Maximize V2 and love it but it is so strong I only take about 1/6 of a scoop per workout, so not too much agmatine in my dose.
    I would try and add some more Agmatine pre workout then.

I would be happy with 1, but the more the merrier. Yeah about 2 more weeks.
    You'll get it. You're at 85s now for reps, so getting up one rep at 100s seems feasible.
    PES Representative
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

I would try and add some more Agmatine pre workout then.

OK cool, that's how I have been dosing it. I honestly didn't hear about its GDA effects until recently. I think I will experiment with dosing it with a PWO meal sometime on this log as well just to see what difference I feel.

Have you seen much agmatine sold in larger bulk sizes? I have only seen 25-30g containers. Maybe Nutra would stock 100g or more if people requested it.
  30. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

BOOM! http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...100-grams.html

That is the agmatine I use if I get powder.

I usually prefer my bulk agmatine in the pre-meal setting and only use it pre-workout if it is in my pre-workout product (which it does seem to be a lot lol).
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    BOOM! http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...100-grams.html

That is the agmatine I use if I get powder.

I usually prefer my bulk agmatine in the pre-meal setting and only use it pre-workout if it is in my pre-workout product (which it does seem to be a lot lol).
    Thanks man! Honestly, I was thinking it would be cheaper than that. I am assuming if Nutra stocked their own brand the price would be a good 30% less than that. SNS is known to be top quality though so that's always something to keep in mind.

When you dose it with your PWO meal, do you find you get a good pump during your workout from it? Or is that strictly when you dose PWO on an empty stomach?

Thanks!
    Tyler
  32. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I still get a good pump dosing it with meals. Considering you are using XF I doubt pumps would be an issue anyways.
    PES Representative
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I still get a good pump dosing it with meals. Considering you are using XF I doubt pumps would be an issue anyways.
    Haha, that's very true. OK sir, I will try agmatine with PWO meal tomorrow and see how it goes!
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Pulling day workout report:

I felt awesome today. I changed two things. First, I dosed my 500mg agmatine with ABE 20 min before my PWO meal instead of directly pre-workout. Second, I lowered my KNO3 to 300mg. I felt like an animal! My lifts were great, but more than that, I just felt plain old amazing! Everything is going strong and synergizing nicely . Here are the numbers:

Bent over row (with perfect or near perfect form): 102KG x 7-3-3 (I'm back baby!)
    Medium-grip pull downs: 107.5KG x 11-4-3 (PR )
    Cable curls: 140lbs x 9-4-4 (PR )
    Hammer curls: 40s x 7-3-3 (tied my PR from Monday)
    Finished with that BJJ-styler chainsaw finisher that I outlined earlier. 5 min nonstop. It was intense!

I only did about 10-15 min cardio before weights as that was all I had time for, but I made up for it with that finisher after my main lifts were completed.

BJJ went well, although I only got to go 5 rounds tonight (but they were very intense).

The reason I did the same biceps exercises is because I explained on Monday that I felt my PRs in those were probably because I didn't perform well on my compound lifts (so I had something extra in the tank for auxilary lifts). I wanted to see if I could match those numbers after killing it on my compound lifts. Not only did I match them, but I beat them on cable curls . To say that I am thrilled is an understatement.

I am going to enjoy my weekly cheat meal (half of a large burrito). I added 500mg agmatine and 1 tablespoon white vinegar to my usual yellow gold dose (800mg) tonight to see if it helps me digest all those carbs.

I am feeling better than any other time on this log; stronger than I have ever been in my life. I can't wait for Monday so I can go make the 85s my bitch on flat bench and get revenge for my lackluster performance on Wednesday. But first, leg day tomorrow!

Thanks for following!

Best,
    Tyler
  35. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.28%

Solid work man. Kill that burrito.
    PES Representative
  36. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.87%

Have a good weekend everybody, keep the gains rolling!
  37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Leg day report:

I am feeling stronger than ever. Here are the numbers:

Squat: 37KG x 5, 57 x 5, 67 x 5, 77 x 5, 87 x 5, 97 x 6, 107 x 3 (best I've done either ever or at least for the last 6 or 7 years)
    Stiff-legged deadlift superset with calfraises:
    Stiff legged deadlift: 60KG x 10, 10; 70KG x 10, 10; 80KG x 10 (PR technically)
    Calf raises: 100lb x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Did 15 min cardio beforehand to warm up.

Did 5 rounds in BJJ competition class, but was pretty relaxed about it (lower intensity).

Honestly, it's not just that I put up more weight. You can tell by my numbers that I probably could do more. I never like to go too hard on any lower-back-intensive exercise because I have a prior back injury, so that's why I keep legs on a seperate day. However, weights have never felt this light before. It just doesn't feel like I am holding as much as I am. I am so psyched that I still have 2 more weeks on this run and can't wait to see the final results!

I had good luck last night throwing vinegar and agmatine in with my post-workout carb meal, so I added those to my PWO meal today. It was awesome but I forgot to take my ABE with it so it could have been even better. I took the ABE about an hour later. I just dosed my post-workout ABE and another 500mg agmatine. I am going to shower, dose 500mg berbering and 1 or 2 tablespoons vinegar and eat my post-workout carb meal.

Tonight, halloween party! ...which I will have my weekly beer at (better than nothing ). Thanks for following!

Best,
    Tyler
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.33%

Log is looking good! I have lower back issues as well so I know what you mean by not wanting to push legs too much. Keep that back safe!
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Log is looking good! I have lower back issues as well so I know what you mean by not wanting to push legs too much. Keep that back safe!
    For sure! Happy to report it still feels great! Any joint issues I had at the beginning of this log have improved rather than getting worse. I guess either ArA's joint effects are overblown, or the joint support in XFA really works (or both) . I was mostly concerned with my knees, but they feel better than they have in months. Literally feel almost 100% which hasn't happened in a really long time.
  40. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.24%

Pushing day workout report:

I am recovering my numbers from earlier in the log, although I still fell a bit short on flat bench. I don't think that will happen again on Friday. Here are the numbers:

Dumbbell flat bench: 85s x 8-3-2 (1 rep short of the PR I set earlier in this log)
    Dumbbell shoulder press: 65s x 6-0-1 (1 rep short of my previous 6-2-0 with the 65s)
    Triceps cable press: 200 x 2, 190 x 2, 180 x 3, 170 x 3 (done rest-pause style but going down 10lbs per set)
    Dumbbell side raise: 40s x 11 drop set to 20s x 10
    Dumbbell front raise: 40s x 12 drop to 20s x 15

20 min cardio before lifting. about 45min-1 hour no-gi rolling, relatively light for most of it.

There were two problems in my opinion today. First, I ate too much today at lunch, so even though my PWO meal wasn't larger than normal, I felt a bit bloated at the gym (no cramping on cardio, but I just didn't feel as tenacious because of it). Second, I believe I underdosed my PWO a bit. I didn't get the same burst of energy I usually do. I still expected to get the 85s up at least 9 times, but oh well. Friday I will. I can feel it

Unbeknownst to me, the no-gi class had few people show up so the teacher cancelled class and just started rolling an hour and a half early. By the time I got there, only 2 guys were still in the mood to roll. One rolled with me for 15 min straight and the other rolled with me for at least 30 min. Really nice of them, as they are the only reason I was able to get some good training in.

I screwed up my shoulder trying to finish a choke, which didn't even work . It is the shoulder that I injured a few years back and tore my labrum in, so I am really hoping that it is just a little inflamed from the ArA and not re-injured. I won't know until tomorrow, though, so wish me luck. For now I will work into the muscle with a tennis ball and then ice it for a bit. It doesn't feel too bad but if it hurts at all I am going to cancel my presses on Friday and do something else instead (I doubt it will come to that, though).

I am going to reduce my total calories a bit and also reduce my carbs for the remainder of this log. I have been flirting with 3000+ cal per day on lifting days (upwards of 3500 depending on the lifting day) and 2500+ on off days. I have been eating very cleanly (proper ratios and good sources of food; everything cooked myself) and figured that between the ArA and the ABE it was a good idea to get my protein and carbs a bit higher. I haven't gained any fat, but I also haven't lost much since week 4; and I haven't been putting on strength any faster than I was on lower calories, so I will dial protein and carbs down slightly (especially sugars).

That's about it for today; hopefully my shoulder is fine tomorrow! Thanks for following!!!

Best,
    Tyler

Similar Forum Threads

1. PES Erase Pro and Anabeta Elite plus SNS DAA
    By Lagartizscha in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-03-2013, 10:00 AM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-01-2012, 10:50 AM
  3. PES Alpha T2 and AnaBeta Elite for Sale
    By pnut143 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 2