MAXimum PUMPage log (Finaflex sponsored)

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This if my first sponsored log of a supplement and I'm priveleged that it gets to be MAX PUMP by Finaflex! They're a great group of "freaks" that have a strong presence on the AM boards; teaching, motivating, and inspiring those who have crossed their paths. With that said, I'm excited to get the try out one of their products!
Max Pump.jpg

So about me:

35 yo
5'11"
180-185 lbs
BF ~14%

Experience: I lifted quite a bit in high school and very infrequently for several years after. But I've been what I consider to be dedicated for 3 years now.

Workouts:
I have a full body routine that I hit M/W/F with a focus on Chest/Shoulders, Legs, and Back respectively. I workout at 5:30am so am up at 4am to get a carb/protein meal in before hitting the gym. I'm currently starting a lean bulk so am very interested in seeing how this product assists in my progress.

Diet:
I have a set meal plan that will be the same every day except for Sundays when I pretty much eat whatever I want. I take in 2xBW protein (360G), 100G fats (heavy in monounsaturated) and the rest in carbs (about 300G) to hit ~3500 calories a day. I drink about 1.5 gallons of water a day to stay hydrated.

So today is Day 1 of taking MAX PUMP. My immediate observations are in the pump I got from the workout. Today was a chest/shoulder day and I just felt like the muscle filled up fast and has remained full for a good part of this morning. My workout was 4 hours ago and I still have that pulsing, recently worked muscle feeling. I also felt like my breathing was fairly steady throughout my session. With 60 second rest periods, I just felt like I recovered quick and was ready to hit another set before the rest time was even up. And as you can see, the vascularity is definitely there. I'll be sure to take better before and after workout pics in the future, I was just rushed for time today so took a couple quick shots. But the veins are definitely popping! First Picture was before my workout and the last 2 were after.

PrWO.jpg
PoWO-Chest.jpg
PoWO-Arm.jpg

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm enjoying my max pump......
I haven't read a bad thing about it. Everyone I've seen who is taking it seems to REALLY like it. So I'm pretty excited to see what it does for me.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have used it twice (currently on it) and it is definitely a legit product. Pumps like no tomorrow.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This update is gonna suck because frankly, my workout did too. I don't think there's anything I can attribute it to, was just an off day. Heavy weight and fatigued quickly. I've been hitting my diet perfectly and getting plenty of sleep but sometimes these things just happen. So I hit every muscle group with 3 sets of high reps and went home.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This update is gonna suck because frankly, my workout did too. I don't think there's anything I can attribute it to, was just an off day. Heavy weight and fatigued quickly. I've been hitting my diet perfectly and getting plenty of sleep but sometimes these things just happen. So I hit every muscle group with 3 sets of high reps and went home.
Sounds just like my day...happens....hope we have more luck next time;)

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
go live in seattle and see if you ain't wrong about that one :rolleyes:
what a gloomy city
Its actually one of the few cities I've never been to, but I have friends that live there and all they talk about is how much it rains. I wouldn't mind...I love rain! It was storming when I purposed to my wife (and we were outside), or stormed on our wedding day (even though the whole summer had been a drought). It rained when our daughter was born, and it rained on our anniversary. Rain is life, nature's lifeblood :) So I can only take it as a good sign.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5

Today was focus on back day... which I did!

WORKOUT (30 sec rest)
Seated cable rows 3x12
One arm DB Row 1x10 (slow and flexed)
Reverse fly 1x16 (rear delts were pulsing!)
Reverse Grip PDs 3x 10-12
Single straight-arm push down 1x10 (slow and flexed)
Wide grip PDs 1x15 (yeah buddy!)

Was pretty wiped at this point so I just hit one set of my other muscle groups.

Incline Bench
Shoulder Press
Leg Press

And DONE! I'm really hoping I'll be able to do my full workouts next week. I still feel like I'm fatigued faster and my intensity isn't where I'd like it to be. But that's going to change! The thing I did notice today was how blown up I looked and felt. By the way I looked in the mirror, I'd say this is the biggest I've ever been. Not the heaviest, because I've been 200lbs but flabby. Now I just look muscular! I'm going to take some measurements on Sunday and more before and after pics probably Monday or Wednesday.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quick observation... so I took my 4 caps of MAX PUMP this morning and just had a large meal consisting of 10oz chicken breast, mashed potatoes and baked beans. Not the healthiest meal but I've been on point all week and my company buys all employees lunch on Saturdays so I went for it. I wear fitted button up dress shirts that for me pretty comfortably. But after eating that meal I literally felt myself expanding through my upper torso. I seriously felt like I was going hulk lol! I have to say... I'm REALLY liking this stuff!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 8

This morning I decided to pull a full Monte and uncapped my MAX Pump into my PrWO shake...whoa buddy! I was able to fly through a good part of my w/o except for my last 2 exercises (squats and SLDLs) but compared to last week I had a lot more energy and focus. The muscle/mind connection that I had going on allowed me to find the strength to get a couple more reps on exercises that I hadn't been able to get the week before. I also noticed my recovery was significantly more enhanced as I started each set with renewed vigor.

Okay enough babbling, on with the noodz!

Before W/O
2013-09-09 13.51.33.png

After W/O
2013-09-09 13.52.42.png

Before W/O
2013-09-09 13.53.16.png

After W/O
2013-09-09 13.55.21.png

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Good idea.. Ill be dumping mine out in the morning!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 10

Workouts are definitely getting better! Today was a focus on legs and I pretty much demolished them. Increase in energy and recovery time even over Monday's workout and that's saying a lot considering that legs tend to be the most debilitating workouts for me. I tied my PR on squats for 12 reps and still had enough juice to rep out the same weight for 10x2. Even though my legs were shakey as hell, I did a set of controlled single leg presses (3-1-3 tempo) and burned out my quads with 25 reps on leg extensions. That was enough to get me walking funny, but I still managed 2 sets of SLDL (which got some back pumps going) and a burn out set of lying leg curls. 2 sets of seated calf raises pretty much ensured that I wouldn't be walking right for a few days. Now like I said, legs are definitely my weak point. I feel like my strength/energy gets depleted before I'm really able to work the muscle. But today I felt MAXIMUM PUMPAGE from calf to low back. I was able to rep out a couple sets of HS incline presses and bis and tris just for fun but that was all I had. I mean that was really all I had. When I was standing there doing curls, my legs started shaking violently to the point I almost fell over. I feel at this rate, by next week I'll be able to get through my entire workout.

Btw...where's the love for my recent noodz?? Critiques, observations, profane remarks...I'm up for anything!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 12

Things are starting to get real up in here! I was able to complete my entire workout and give full intensity to every rep.

WORKOUT

Deadlift
285x10
285x10
*PR was 275x10 and usually only do 1 set. Next week I'll get 3 sets in

One-Arm DB Row (3-1-3)
50x10
60x12
*I usually only do 1 set of these, but when I felt how light the 50s felt, I had to try 60s which as you can see I conquered. PR was 40x10.

Reverse Machine Fly
80x16 (drop set)
60xBurn (drop set)
40xBurn
*PR was 60x15

Close Grip Reverse Lat Pulldown
180x8
170x8
160x8
*PR was 160x10

Single Straight-Arm PDs (3-1-3)
55x10
55x10
*PR was 50x10

V-Bar PDs
120x15 (drop set)
80xBurn
*I also did a burnout set with a wide grip. I think I'll do those from now on because they really pumped my lats.

Squats
205x10

Lying Leg Curls
90x12

Bench Press
165x12
*PR was 165x8

Shoulder Press
90x12
*This blew my mind. PR was 90x8 and I did this at the end of my entire workout!

Veins were bursting through my skin post W/O and actually still are. I feel "blown up" a lot longer through the day as well. And every time I eat, I can actually feel the nutrients filling my muscles.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 12

Things are starting to get real up in here! I was able to complete my entire workout and give full intensity to every rep.

WORKOUT

Deadlift
285x10
285x10
*PR was 275x10 and usually only do 1 set. Next week I'll get 3 sets in

One-Arm DB Row (3-1-3)
50x10
60x12
*I usually only do 1 set of these, but when I felt how light the 50s felt, I had to try 60s which as you can see I conquered. PR was 40x10.

Reverse Machine Fly
80x16 (drop set)
60xBurn (drop set)
40xBurn
*PR was 60x15

Close Grip Reverse Lat Pulldown
180x8
170x8
160x8
*PR was 160x10

Single Straight-Arm PDs (3-1-3)
55x10
55x10
*PR was 50x10

V-Bar PDs
120x15 (drop set)
80xBurn
*I also did a burnout set with a wide grip. I think I'll do those from now on because they really pumped my lats.

Squats
205x10

Lying Leg Curls
90x12

Bench Press
165x12
*PR was 165x8

Shoulder Press
90x12
*This blew my mind. PR was 90x8 and I did this at the end of my entire workout!

Veins were bursting through my skin post W/O and actually still are. I feel "blown up" a lot longer through the day as well. And every time I eat, I can actually feel the nutrients filling my muscles.
Aaaahhh...the Max Pump feeling;)

It really does get better each time.

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aaaahhh...the Max Pump feeling;)

It really does get better each time.
I've done plenty of NO products in the past and results were nothing like this.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I've done plenty of NO products in the past and results were nothing like this.
lqtm...yeah, understatement of the yr there
I would say is like comparing a pinto to a Cadillac, but that's not quite right either
more like apples to oranges I would say -- only, when you hate one of the fruit and love the other :p

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lqtm...yeah, understatement of the yr there
I would say is like comparing a pinto to a Cadillac, but that's not quite right either
more like apples to oranges I would say -- only, when you hate one of the fruit and love the other :p
Like comparing green olives and mango!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 17

I thought today would be another disappointing day because I simply wasn't feeling it this morning after getting only 5 hours of sleep. Woke up at 430am and drank my macro shake (over 700kcal of whey, oats, egg whites, a little milk, and a banana). About an hour later I uncapped the MAX Pump into some OJ and hit the gym 30 mins later. Warm ups were half-assed, but I just kept telling myself to just do what I could. I put 205 on the bar (my previous PR) and repped out 12 pretty easily. I was like, where the hell did that come from? Since I'm wanting to get into the 4-6 rep range after next week, I jumped up 20lbs thinking that I'd get 6-8 reps, but I repped out 10! My legs were pretty shakey at this point but I threw another 10 pounds on just to see what it felt like. I felt like my legs would probably buckle but I had the pins set so, eh, why not? Then a driving beat by All That Remains pumped through my ear buds and I just went hulk...10 more reps! Yeah buddy! I didn't have a lot left after that but I pushed through the workout and finished with some massively pumped up wheels, though they're having some difficulty working right now lol.

WORKOUT

Squats (every rep passed parallel)
205x12 (Previous PR)
225x10 (PR puts my calculated 1RM over 300)
235x10 (PR)

One Leg Press 3-1-3
45x10
45x10

Leg Extensions
60xburn

Standing Leg Curls 3-1-3
50x10
50x10

Lying Leg Curls
70xburn

Standing Calf Raise 3-1-3
280x12
280x8

Seated Calf Raise
90xburn

I was walking pretty funny after all was said and done. And considering how I felt this morning I was happy with the way the workout turned out.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
My legs were pretty shakey at this point but I threw another 10 pounds on just to see what it felt like. I felt like my legs would probably buckle but I had the pins set so, eh, why not? Then a driving beat by All That Remains pumped through my ear buds and I just went hulk...10 more reps! Yeah buddy! I didn't have a lot left after that but I pushed through the workout and finished with some massively pumped up wheels
yeahhh that's what i'm talkin bout ;)

I was walking pretty funny after all was said and done..
this should be old hat for you, nothing new...

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol. Good exchange right there. ......

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots of MAX PUMPING AND STIMUL8 -TION going on....funny walking, .....:(

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots of MAX PUMPING AND STIMUL8 -TION going on....funny walking, .....:(
Hey, I see what you did there ;-)

And I haven't even STARTED the stimul8 yet! I'm gonna blast past these PRs!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They say a picture can say 1000 words so I'm going to let this pic speak to you about the results of being on MAX PUMP for 3 weeks.

2013-09-20 09.31.30.png

That's some MAXimum PUMPage right there boys and girls!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dangggg - you swole, bro :box:
serious business
I'm just trying to look like you by the time I'm 44 (or was it 45?). Anyway, I got some years before I get there but it's going to take some focused dedication the whole time in order to make it so. Max Pump is certainly helping me along the way though I'll say for sure!

Something I've noticed, and am curious as to whether others have experienced this, if I have a muscle in the slightest of contactions like holding my hands over the keyboard for a short period of time or even just standing a certain way, I can feel that specific muscle filling with blood. If I don't relax it or change positions, it becomes uncomfortable (like when your muscles are completely pumped up after a workout). I mean, the slightest muscle activation just turns the valve and blood goes rushing in!

Okay, so here's my workout for today. I think you'll see a few PRs in the mix. :)

WORKOUT - CHEST/SHOULDERS

Standing Military Press
105x10 PR! (previous 105x6)
115x6 PR! (Based on calculated 1RM)
115x6

Seated DB Press (supinated) 3-1-3
35x10 PR! (previous 30x10)
35x10

Machine Lat Raise
50x burn

Bench Press
190x8 PR! (previous 185x8)
205x5 PR! (note that last week I was only able to do 185x5 on second set, and Bench Press was my first exercise last week whereas this was after a full shoulder workout)
215x4+2 w/ spotter PR! (based on calculated 1RM not counting assisted reps)

Incline DB Press 3-1-3
65x7
60x10

Butterfly
80x burn

Close grip Reverse Lat PD
185x10 PR! (previous 180x8)

Seated Cable Row
180x10 PR! (previous 170x10)

EZ Curls + Machine Curls x BURN
OH cable ext + Machine tri ext x BURN

*I tried to get a set of squats in but my body wasn't having it.

What an AWESOME workout! My fatigue was almost non existent and I felt like my power returned to normal within 60 secs. The real test will be Wednesday though when I hit legs. If I maintain this level of recovery and focus, you can be sure that there will be more PRs to come!

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
non-counting freakin Iowans
:grumble:

[ahem] it's 42, Richard
Oh yes yes that's right. But really, once you're over 40, does it really matter? ;-)

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I apologize for the lack of updates this week. Been having some work related issues that have spilled over to my home life. But other than that, my workouts continue to progress.

WEDNESDAY - LEGS

Squats
245x8
255x7
255x8 PR! (based on calculated 1RM)

One Leg Press 3-1-3
50x10 PR! (Previous 45x10)
50x10

Leg Extensions
60x burn

Standing Leg Curl 3-1-3
60x10 PR! (previous 55x10)
60x10

Lying Leg Curls
90x burn

Standing Calf Raise 3-1-3
280x10 (toes out)
280x10 (toes in)

Seated Calf Raise
90x burn

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
FRIDAY - BACK

Seated Cable Rows
190x10
200x7
200x8 PR! (based on calculated 1RM)

One Arm DB Row 3-1-3
70x10 PR! (previous 65x10)
70x10

Reverse Machine Fly
80x burn

Reverse Grip PD
160x10
120x10 (slow & controlled)
*shoulder was bothering me so I kept it light

Single One-Arm push down 3-1-3
60x10

V bar PD
120x burn

HS Incline Press x2
Butterfly x2

1ifeblood

1ifeblood

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Things are in the works to rectify the situation. One way or the other, these hard times always seem to end up for the better. And I think next week's workouts are going to be killer! Especially now that I'll have Stimul8 coursing through my veins. :-D

[Link coming soon]
Killer work outs for sure bro....Stimul8;).....BOOM