PF3 with Double S

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Morning All,

Wanted to star this Sat morning but came down with a flu bug, fever and queasy stomach.Feeling decent today so decided to baby step since I haven't eaten alot or for that matter, good.

Will be playing around with timing, today's usage was intra workout, 1 scoop of grape and a scoop of leucine. My first negative was no scooper in the leucine, dug around bu nothing, not a knock on man but rather the mfg/distributor.As someone else mentioned, grape does taste like pixie sticks

So I blend everything with a shaker bottle and wire ball. Aside from a blender this always seems the best. Alot of foam and also a few crack like sediment rock at the bottom.

Took it very easy today, rather an upper body like circuit. Hope to be hitting it hard again tomorrow.

Last edited:
niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In bro

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Hello!
;-)

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Crack-like sediments...and you would know this from? Lol. In!

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Huge Breaking Bad addict. Plus how do u think I keep my bf in the single digits
I'm yet to watch that show but I know tons of people that love it!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Howdy guys,

Still not 100% but close to it. Woke up at 5:00 today, wicked insomnia for some reason. I generally have some sort of caffeinethru coffe, PWO etc but today I went solo. Nothing more than a scoop of grape and 1 scoop of leucine, chugged tis as my PWO. Waited 20 minutes and did 10 minutes treadmill cardio (4 mph) followed up by some light back

4 sets of bent over barbell rows. I do these a little different. When bringing the bar in I try to pull it apart really flexng the back. if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it.

4 sets of db rows

Again quick and sweet, still trying to get energy back up.....having the flu sucks!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Wednesday wero-dark thirty - today combo will be intra workout drink (1 sccop of each)

15 minutes HIT on treadmill 4mph/6 mph

Shoulders

4 sets Seated on the floor barbell shoulder presses (in a cage)

4 sets - Incline bench - side laterals, sitting on my side

4 sets - incline bench - front raises - 35 lbs plate

For those that don't know me, 41 yrs old, days of going heavy are over. I generally like to go 12-15 reps, really trying to feel the muscle stretch.

I always like to make my logs fun, always put something additional, videos, pics etc to make it worth tuning in.

Lastly - have to plug Supp-Talk, definitely a fun listen when doing cardio.

I highly recommend watching this

[video=youtube;fywiGkkWqjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fywiGkkWqjY[/video]

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
4 sets Seated on the floor barbell shoulder presses (in a cage)
Double S, do these "seated on the floor" presses hurt the tail bone? Curious why not on a "padded" bench? Lol

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Double S, do these "seated on the floor" presses hurt the tail bone? Curious why not on a "padded" bench? Lol
I tend to go alot lighter when on the floor so try to keep back, torso and core tight.

So here is a quick update so far, something is not totally agreeing with me. Seem to be using the bathroom alot more in the morning #2 specifically. Not sure if it is the PF3, Leucine or combo of both. Tomorrow will try just the PF3 solo. I have seen this on another thread of a PF3 user...

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tend to go alot lighter when on the floor so try to keep back, torso and core tight.

So here is a quick update so far, something is not totally agreeing with me. Seem to be using the bathroom alot more in the morning #2 specifically. Not sure if it is the PF3, Leucine or combo of both. Tomorrow will try just the PF3 solo. I have seen this on another thread of a PF3 user...
Having the same effect on me.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I noticed it aswell when dosed pre bed on off days, this morning was rough

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you been able to ascertain if it is one or the other or combo of both? It has been brutal the last few days....
It seems to be the PF3 even solo for me. I actually haven't tried the Fermented Leucine solo yet. mtpaquette said he thought maybe it is from the Betaine?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Obviously it is just a few of us in this thread but this can't be good.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We need TheScience to post some scientific poop threads

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I stuck to 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop after if the PF3 then I'm a little soft but not in a bad way. Haven't tried the leucine yet.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At least we are staying regular :D

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Morning All,

Running just 1 scoop of PF3 PWO nothing else

10 minutes treadmill

Arms,

5 sets curl bar, medium grip 12 reps

4 sets - rubber band curls. I wrap these around one of the cage legs and take a few steps out of the cage where my arms go behind my body...

Short and sweet today!

Boobs.jpg

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
At least we are staying regular :D
Seems to have that affect on me too and a few other guys who have tried it, going to attribute it to the betaine at least from what I've gathered

Shawn, try dosing it at 2-3 scoops per day. Most guys are doing at least 2 servings

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rob - if I can't get past 1 scoop, not sure dosing 2-3 would be sensible.

All - so unfortunately I am officially tapping out. Shortly after my body cooled down from my workout my stomach was cramping hard, flip flopping etc and again the only thing I had was the PF3. Shortly after I was on the bowl multiple times. In hindsight I may not really have had the flu this weekend but rather the PF3 not agreeing.

I do appreciate the opportunity to try this but unfortunately not for me. Onward and upward!

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
That sucks.... I've had good days and bad days with PF3.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Bad days in what regards??
With having a nauseous feeling when taking PF3. Depending on the morning with my preworkout supps it just didn't want to mix with my body chemistry. Lately I have been just taking with meals, seems to help.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With having a nauseous feeling when taking PF3. Depending on the morning with my preworkout supps it just didn't want to mix with my body chemistry. Lately I have been just taking with meals, seems to help.
Is it exacerbating a fasted state weak feeling at all?

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Is it exacerbating a fasted state weak feeling at all?
Yes... Fasted with a preworkout and truthfully after the crazy throw up day I actually get anxiety thinking about taking with my preworkout.

I think also it was like 2 doses in a couple of hours, pre and post.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I spoke to Rob about this offline, not sure if it is something in the protein itself or the betaine.......

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes... Fasted with a preworkout and truthfully after the crazy throw up day I actually get anxiety thinking about taking with my preworkout.

I think also it was like 2 doses in a couple of hours, pre and post.
Hmm, I do one scoop pre before fasted training as well. That sucks that it isn't working for you :(

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
my crapping has been unaffected by pf3. i can only speculate on why people might experience a change in bowel habits since everybody's system is in a different place; both hcl and many components of the serum are anti-pathogenic. we are all said to optimally have 15% bad pathogens living in our gut, and obviously that number can fluctuate with individuals. if any change in stools were temporary in beta-testers, it could indicate the so-called "herx" (die off) reaction so it will be interesting to check in with everyone later. the serum in pf3 is used to slow bowel frequency with ibs-d patients, and constipation was reported as a sided effect, but not loose stools. that said, i think the addition of the hcl turns pf3 into less of an immune product and more of a growth factor product (the ibs-d drug instrucs it not to be served in an acidic solution for that reason). on the topic of the hcl, ive personnaly messed around with 1500mg of betaine hcl per meal; the overdose effect of that is said to be a burning sensation in the stomach, which i didnt experience and though i did notice increased bowel motitlity at that dose, i dont think the 100mg dose would warrent any bowel change, although there are people with more sensitive lining than others (as with people prone to ulcers) so who knows. finally, theres the issue of how successfully enzymes are breaking things down and whether there is sufficient water. i am taking a dose of pf3 with 8 oz of water in accordance with the label, which is alot of water for such a small amount of powder comparitively, and i havent been eating anything else for at least an hour after taking it. i know with slower digesting proteins, more water is desirable, but im assuming everyone has lots of water with their pf3

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Hmm, I do one scoop pre before fasted training as well. That sucks that it isn't working for you :(
Much better now... I am dosing pre/intra/post another at lunch and another at dinner. I think it may have been a fluke.