The name is Dalton - Pure PF3's bigger

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Workout was a tad flat today. It was chest and right shoulder has been bugging me as of late. Couldn't get the right push I had wanted, so the reps fell short of expectations. At least with regards to benching. Thinking I might need to scale back the poundages and start all over again in order to get the gains going again. I might have shot too high with the target range today, so hopefully it's just a today-type situation.

I was on the fence about benching today, but I figured I'd warm up nice and steady and ease my way into it. I also probably did not rest enough after warming up to get the muscles primed for the heavy load. Still, these days happen and I'm much more relaxed about them instead of fretting needlessly that I'm getting weaker or the body is not responding in kind.

Routine:

Bench Press:
    After six warmup sets:
    Set #1: 3x210 (personal best)
    Set #2: 6x190
    Set #3: 8x170

Hit my target on the second set. As I typed this out, I realized that 210 for me is pretty darn good and took some solace in having achieved that even though the reps were about 2 shy of my goal. At present, I'm good with this. (Nice benefit of writing out your routine and seeing it in black and white...and bits and bytes.)

Weighted Dips:
    Set #1: 6x72.5
    Set #2: 10x50
    Set #3: 12x30

Whew! These were rough. Didn't get as full a stretch on the first set, so I'll have to account for that next week. Last two sets were murder, but in that final set, got in a great stretch and let everything rock and roll. Triceps were stupid pumped. Plus, all that GMS I took beforehand.

Shrugs: 2x30x50

I will be stupid sore tomorrow. Just as well, traps had been slacking and I'm not as Rocky'd as I liked to be right now. They were beyond bruised after that first set but I was able to knock out that last set just fine.

Now that I've eaten and can look back on what I've done, I'm pleased. Not as downtrodden as when I first finished my workout or when I started typing out this update.

Thanks!

2. Yea MAN, I think your workout was great! Hopefully that PF3 takes some of your soreness away that you think your going to have
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support
    •   

3. Thanks. Mildly sore in the traps and upper back, but more sore in the chest. I can feel it when I stretch. Damn good feeling!

4. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Thanks. Mildly sore in the traps and upper back, but more sore in the chest. I can feel it when I stretch. Damn good feeling!
    Love that feeling as well
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

5. I always forget to update after Friday's workout. For one thing, it's Friday and after I workout, I'm set for the weekend. Secondly, by the time I get ready to type it all up, it's usually Saturday.

Going to forgo working out this week. Gonna rest up and next week try out this 5/3/1 I keep hearing so much about. Read Wendler's book. Love his bare bones, "just lift" approach. Needless to say I've gained a similar outlook that the tone of his book touches. Start doing first and then tweak it from there.

So, next week I'll start doing that and working on a modified meal plan. Still going IF, but will lower the carbs during workout days and up the fats slightly. I'll still keep carbs low on non-workout days.

Excited to try this all out and hopefully PF3 will add something to the mix.

I've got to say that misfit28 has it right: stir in the PF3 while mixing, twirling the water. It will mix cleanly.

Now I'll try this for the stubborn leucine.

My general thoughts for PF3, however are in the neutral category. I'm not sure if I'm benefitting by using as opposed to not using it.

I used colostrum in the past, but not for any muscle building purposes. I had read it could be used to heal the intestinal lining, as I feared I was suffering from "leaky gut" syndrome. I think PF3 is helping me out in this regard. All I can honestly comment on for now.

6. As long as the PF3 hasn't hurt you or set you back...the positives may not be what you expected but it's good to hear they're there
    BOARD TYRANT

7. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    I always forget to update after Friday's workout. For one thing, it's Friday and after I workout, I'm set for the weekend. Secondly, by the time I get ready to type it all up, it's usually Saturday.

Going to forgo working out this week. Gonna rest up and next week try out this 5/3/1 I keep hearing so much about. Read Wendler's book. Love his bare bones, "just lift" approach. Needless to say I've gained a similar outlook that the tone of his book touches. Start doing first and then tweak it from there.

So, next week I'll start doing that and working on a modified meal plan. Still going IF, but will lower the carbs during workout days and up the fats slightly. I'll still keep carbs low on non-workout days.

Excited to try this all out and hopefully PF3 will add something to the mix.

I've got to say that misfit28 has it right: stir in the PF3 while mixing, twirling the water. It will mix cleanly.

Now I'll try this for the stubborn leucine.

My general thoughts for PF3, however are in the neutral category. I'm not sure if I'm benefitting by using as opposed to not using it.

I used colostrum in the past, but not for any muscle building purposes. I had read it could be used to heal the intestinal lining, as I feared I was suffering from "leaky gut" syndrome. I think PF3 is helping me out in this regard. All I can honestly comment on for now.

Sounds like a solid plan! I love 5/3/1 for it's simplicity, I keep coming back to it

I can't remember, but i might have gotten that mixing method from chefbo. Either way, it works!

I still have trouble with the leucine mixing as well. It's to be expected, I suppose.

Good observations with the PF3. Sometimes I feel much better, and that it helped with recovery, and I feel more solid than I have in a while. I'm starting a cut soon, and hope to get some more PF3 to compare how it works for me in that capacity as well.

I'm pretty sore in my hammies and rhomboids/traps after yesterday's workout!

8. I be got the mixing down with PF3 but that Leucine is horrible. I think the best way is to mix it with a food and eat it
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

9. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    I be got the mixing down with PF3 but that Leucine is horrible. I think the best way is to mix it with a food and eat it
    Pre mixing with any leucine works best, I mix mine a few hours before and put in fridge.

10. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Pre mixing with any leucine works best, I mix mine a few hours before and put in fridge.
    Good to know, cause it definitely not the easiest mixing supp
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support
    •   

11. any new updates bro?
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports

12. Some 49ers tight end was nicknamed "Dalton" by his coach bc of his resemblance to Swayze. Thursday Night Football announcers dropped that gem this week lol!
    BOARD TYRANT

13. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    Some 49ers tight end was nicknamed "Dalton" by his coach bc of his resemblance to Swayze. Thursday Night Football announcers dropped that gem this week lol!
    Yeah, I got a kick out of that. It was Vance McDonald (#89).

14. Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    any new updates bro?
    I had planned on getting back into the swing of things this week, but it hasn't worked out that way.

I'll get back into gear next week, firing up Wendler's 5/3/1 and seeing how much I can benefit, with recovery from PF3.

15. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Good to know, cause it definitely not the easiest mixing supp
    No its not......

16. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    I had planned on getting back into the swing of things this week, but it hasn't worked out that way. I'll get back into gear next week, firing up Wendler's 5/3/1 and seeing how much I can benefit, with recovery from PF3.
    How's that 5/3/1?
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

17. bump for updates
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html

18. How are things in here

19. Sorry for the lack of updates. I had taken some time off, getting ready for this 5/3/1, and this weekend I just got back from watching the Niners embarrass the Houston Texans. Glad I was able to make it to the 'Stick before it closes this year.

5/3/1 is going smoothly, as I just got back into the rhythm of it all on Monday, pressing day. Going with light weights so I don't burn out too soon. Think that was starting to affect me on my last setup.

I started back up with the PF3. For me, I get a steady pump after the workouts. It is similar to what I'd get when using GameDay. Muscles would be full and look developed a couple of hours after working out. Maybe the body was hungry for it.

Having started to read about peri-workout nutrition, I'm under the impression that proper of timing of PF3 would offer a great benefit.

20. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates. I had taken some time off, getting ready for this 5/3/1, and this weekend I just got back from watching the Niners embarrass the Houston Texans. Glad I was able to make it to the 'Stick before it closes this year. 5/3/1 is going smoothly, as I just got back into the rhythm of it all on Monday, pressing day. Going with light weights so I don't burn out too soon. Think that was starting to affect me on my last setup. I started back up with the PF3. For me, I get a steady pump after the workouts. It is similar to what I'd get when using GameDay. Muscles would be full and look developed a couple of hours after working out. Maybe the body was hungry for it. Having started to read about peri-workout nutrition, I'm under the impression that proper of timing of PF3 would offer a great benefit.
    The PF3 pump! I those that feeling!
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

21. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates. I had taken some time off, getting ready for this 5/3/1, and this weekend I just got back from watching the Niners embarrass the Houston Texans. Glad I was able to make it to the 'Stick before it closes this year.

5/3/1 is going smoothly, as I just got back into the rhythm of it all on Monday, pressing day. Going with light weights so I don't burn out too soon. Think that was starting to affect me on my last setup.

I started back up with the PF3. For me, I get a steady pump after the workouts. It is similar to what I'd get when using GameDay. Muscles would be full and look developed a couple of hours after working out. Maybe the body was hungry for it.

Having started to read about peri-workout nutrition, I'm under the impression that proper of timing of PF3 would offer a great benefit.
    definitely feel you on the pumps from taking Pf3 pre-workout. If you take it with 1 serving of Game Day you're getting about 3 grams right there plus your other dosages

noticing any other benefits/effects at the moment?

22. Starting PF3 and dropping whey was the best decision I ever made supplement wise
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

23. Once again, I apologize for the lack of updates. I had been doing well, took some time off, started up Wendler's 5/3/1 which has been a nice boost to the workouts.

I've just been swamped with work, and though it's a boring desk job, it does sap my mind at times and the last thing I think of doing is sitting at my computer again, albeit, to talk about what I enjoy: working out and experimenting with supplementation.

Even at two tubs courtesy of MAN, I'd like to give PF3 another go. Perhaps go cold turkey on supps, even staples, save for a multi, and see how I can benefit from what it offers. I had great pumps at times, but GameDay provided better, more lasting pumps.

PF3 has aided with my digestion, I'll have to say. Also, each time I'd take it, my body's temperature would rise up. I kind of liked that.

I'm still debating on PF3. I know it has some promise and I want to make sure my final write-up is succinct, informative and as objective as can be.

24. Thanks for the update!
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

25. I know how it is with work and being really busy, that's me right now as well.
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

26. Very hard product to gauge.... IMO

27. Do you use whey protein
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

28. Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Do you use whey protein
    Yes

29. Quote Originally Posted by Budman7811 View Post
    Yes
    I completely stopped using whey and it has been great, just pf3 and food
    Focused Nutrition
    Sales representative
    Product support

30. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    I've been seriously slacking on finishing up this log and the main reason was that I really wanted to like PF3, thinking it had some promise having had some via MAN's GameDay, but in the end, I did not like it. I'm feeling open and honest at the moment, so might as well let this fly.

Main reason: not really sure how to use it to gauge it. I believe I knew this going into the log, but figured that a good trial run would confirm this. After a while, I became disillusioned. With PR-XT, I knew when to take and eventually noticed some changes as a result of using it. With NXT, I noticed it within days. GameDay, I had pumps that lasted longer than I had ever had with any pwo.

But with PF3, I wasn't sure if it was proving its worth or not. I didn't have a frame of reference to use.

I believe others were able to get some use from PF3, but for me, I could not tell one way or the other if it was adding anything beneficial to my training and diet.

I like MAN's line up, but PF3 is not something for me.

Final analysis

Similar Forum Threads

1. Misfit28 is Changing the Game with New MAN Sports Pure PF3
    By Misfit28 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 08:37 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-22-2003, 04:36 PM
  3. The Rabbit is still Alive
    By garyrabbit in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 01:55 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 04:28 PM
  5. What the hell is the ultimate point in BULKING?
    By strictlyswole in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-17-2003, 09:31 PM