The name is Dalton - Pure PF3's bigger

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Hey ohhh!

Got my MAN delivery this Monday, as part of their sponsored promo for their spanking new bio-active protein, Pure PF3. Thanks again to allnatural and the rest of the man crew and the Main Man for hooking up quite a sponsored set. I got 2 Daltons and 2 Wade Garretts, which translates to 2 Pure PF3s and 2 Fermented Leucines. (I'm also a fan of fermented hops and grapes.)

I just started IF at the start of the month and I've been pleased with how everything is progressing. My body is responding quite nicely to this method of eating and here's hoping that PF3 will aid with preserving lean mass, in addition to helping me pack on some more lean pounds.

I also switched up my training, following a reverse training pyramid style split: Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

One final note: I just started the Anabolic Algorithm stack on Tuesday. I know my body always responds quite nicely to NXT and with PR-XT, here's hoping I can stuff my face some more during my eating window.

I'll be dosing 2 scoops of PF3 intra-workout and probably add in the fermented leucine just before going to bed. I prefer intra only because I never remember to take it 30-45 minutes before working out and once I'm done training, I eat like crazy.

Today was my first day, so, obviously, too soon to tell.

Here's waiting what will happen in the next 30-45 days. But I'll be detailing it as best I can. Daily updates might be redundant, so I'll strive to include this when I workout or should there be any noticeable significance.

Here's a video that has the right temper and mood for what I'm after:

[video=youtube;keIvA2wSPZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keIvA2wSPZc[/video]

Thanks for checking this log out and away we goooooo......

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I've been seriously slacking on finishing up this log and the main reason was that I really wanted to like PF3, thinking it had some promise having had some via MAN's GameDay, but in the end, I did not like it. I'm feeling open and honest at the moment, so might as well let this fly.

Main reason: not really sure how to use it to gauge it. I believe I knew this going into the log, but figured that a good trial run would confirm this. After a while, I became disillusioned. With PR-XT, I knew when to take and eventually noticed some changes as a result of using it. With NXT, I noticed it within days. GameDay, I had pumps that lasted longer than I had ever had with any pwo.

But with PF3, I wasn't sure if it was proving its worth or not. I didn't have a frame of reference to use.

I believe others were able to get some use from PF3, but for me, I could not tell one way or the other if it was adding anything beneficial to my training and diet.

I like MAN's line up, but PF3 is not something for me.

Last edited:
pampers938

pampers938

Awards
I'm in here buddy. I think it's awesome we have so many people taking this ride with us

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wade Garrett is not sourced from duck feathers.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
ok, so youre taking 2 doses of pf3 and one dose of fermented leucine a day, correct? also, dont forget to add the Dalton shirtless Tai Chi/ qi-gong lakeside exercises to your routine man

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, this is the first time I've run a log with so many others on the same journey.

Yes, 2 scoops of PF3 intra (and on non-workout days, probably with first meal) and then 1 scoop of the fermented leucine before bed. As for shirtless Tai Chi, well, I'll see how well I fare on the PF3 before I make any commitments.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, this is the first time I've run a log with so many others on the same journey.Yes, 2 scoops of PF3 intra (and on non-workout days, probably with first meal) and then 1 scoop of the fermented leucine before bed. As for shirtless Tai Chi, well, I'll see how well I fare on the PF3 before I make any commitments.
well, as swayze can attest, you need neither a build or a profound spiritual understanding of tai chi to utterly mystify some blond 1980's woman picked up at the bar

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In this for the recovery! Good lifting man.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
This should be good :) in

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Update

Decided to take the two scoops of raisins, er, I mean 2 scoops of Pure PF3 this morning. Since today's a non-training day, I figure that's the most convenient time for me. I didn't feel like bringing the servings with me at work to have with my first meal and since it's only 20 calories (based on the label) for 2 scoops, it won't hurt the IF either.

The candy grape seriously tastes like pixie sticks. Good thing I got hooked on them in my youth.

Had a serving of the fermented leucine last night. Bothered my stomach initially, or, it might have been since I was so full from having gorged myself with my post meal.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Everyone seems to love the taste of the grape and pixie sticks and sweet tarts seem to the the candy of choice.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in! I used IF to great result for about 1 year and 4 months. Just dropped it to see what happens when I eat "normally" again.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established

Day Three:

Still too soon to tell if my body is benefiting from PF3. Today was a workout day, so I'll see how tomorrow goes. I did notice that on chest day, I was a tad more pumped than usual, but, I'm attributing that to adding in some incline presses that I have not done in some time.

Routine:

Squats:
After five warmup sets:
Set #1: 8x220 lbs
Set #2: 10x205 lbs
Set #3: 12x180 lbs

I should have used more weight on the first set, but I hadn't squatted in about two, three weeks so I was sure how I'd fare. Guess I'm getting stronger in that regard, in which case, this new routine is paying off some nice dividends.

Overhead Press:
After six warmup sets:
Set #1: 8x95 lbs
Set #2: 10x80 lbs
Set #3: 10x70 lbs (goal was to hit 12)

Same with squats, it'd been a while since I last pressed. Felt good to get back into the groove. I'll up the weights on the first and second work sets. On the third, after I finished 10, I knew I was spent. I've learned to not push my body to failure and live to lift with proper form another day. Body rebounds quite nicely as a result.

As for the fermented leucine, this is one unmixable product. I stir it up, but it hardly mixes with the water. The PF3 sinks straight to the bottom...some hefty daltons in that mofo.

Until next time!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Hello!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Took me a sec, but i am caught up. What kind of workout plan are you following?

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Day Three:

Still too soon to tell if my body is benefiting from PF3. Today was a workout day, so I'll see how tomorrow goes. I did notice that on chest day, I was a tad more pumped than usual, but, I'm attributing that to adding in some incline presses that I have not done in some time.

Routine:

Squats:
After five warmup sets:
Set #1: 8x220 lbs
Set #2: 10x205 lbs
Set #3: 12x180 lbs

I should have used more weight on the first set, but I hadn't squatted in about two, three weeks so I was sure how I'd fare. Guess I'm getting stronger in that regard, in which case, this new routine is paying off some nice dividends.

Overhead Press:
After six warmup sets:
Set #1: 8x95 lbs
Set #2: 10x80 lbs
Set #3: 10x70 lbs (goal was to hit 12)

Same with squats, it'd been a while since I last pressed. Felt good to get back into the groove. I'll up the weights on the first and second work sets. On the third, after I finished 10, I knew I was spent. I've learned to not push my body to failure and live to lift with proper form another day. Body rebounds quite nicely as a result.

As for the fermented leucine, this is one unmixable product. I stir it up, but it hardly mixes with the water. The PF3 sinks straight to the bottom...some hefty daltons in that mofo.

Until next time!
You said you noticed an increased pump, do you feel greater muscle fullness in general since starting PF3? Just curious

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
'Sup hva and drew! Thanks for coming along for the ride.

I'm following a reverse pyramid training (RPT) scheme. Started this a few weeks back, right around when I started IF.

I've been liking it and it's something I should have started a long time ago. I've been in need to get stronger on the main compound lifts, while slowly adding some lean muscle. I'm just glad I read up on this when I did.

Lifts have been increasing steadily, either with an extra rep or two, or adding more weight. Sometimes, it's a double progression.

Following both IF and RPT have simplified and maximized both my diet and training for me, which is what I both needed and desired. Despite all my volume on my previous regime, I wasn't lifting heavy and was not getting any stronger. I knew something had to change. My body was telling me something.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
You said you noticed an increased pump, do you feel greater muscle fullness in general since starting PF3? Just curious
Hard to say. I just think it is too soon to make a good call on PF3 for now. I have not noticed nor felt any greater muscle fullness as of yet. I'm about four days in. I'll see what the next for bring.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm curious to see how your recovery goes with PF3. Got some reports it's a DOMS killer..."pain don't hurt."

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
After Friday's squatting and pressing, I had some soreness on Saturday and Sunday. I wasn't expecting it. Not on account of the PF3, but because I didn't think I had gone that heavy. But, it had been two weeks since my last squatting session. I like being sore. I know muscles and fibers are being activated that have not been activated before.

Still cannot tell if PF3 is doing anything for me. I'm taking 2 scoops intra-workout and when I don't exercise, I take 2 scoops in the morning. I had been taking the fermented leucine at night, but today I included it with my post shake, that I have on top of my meal. That fermented leucine tastes pretty darn wicked and I have my share of powders in the past. Gonna have to find a way to always include that with something rather than taking it alone.

Routine:

Deadlifts:
After 5 warm up sets:
Set #1: 4x250
Set #2: 5x225

I probably could have squeezed out a fifth rep on that first set, but, it would not have been in good form and would have taxed me far too much, compromising my second set. That being said, I think I could have upped the weight some more and at the very least, knocked out 3 quality reps for that first set. Next time.

Weighted Chin Ups:
Set #1: 4x25
Set #2: 6x15
Set #3: 10xbodyweight

I felt damn good on that first set. I'm going to up the voltage on that next week. My target was 12 reps on that last set, but once I got to ten, I knew I'd be kipping it like some CrossFitter to get in those last two sets. I didn't want to compromise my form.

Bent-Over Rows:
3x5x125

Barely got to the fifth rep cleanly on each set. I'll have to keep the weight there till I can get them in all cleanly. It'd been some time since I last did some rows.

It's been about a week since I've been using PF3. Not sure what I should be expecting, but, if it is like most supplements, then by the fourth week I should start seeing and/or feeling some type of result. More leanness is my aim.

Till next time.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Today was chest day. I always like chest day and I'm getting stronger each week, now that I'm lifting heavier and not as often as before. My body has time to rest and regenerate to keep the lifts growing. Today was a nice day. Only missed a few of the targeted reps I shot for, but, that was fine with me. I felt damn strong today.

Not sure if that is as a result of the PF3. So far, I have not noticed anything significant to bring to the table. That being said, I think it is too soon to diagnose its efficacy. Like I stated before, in about four weeks, I should know if it is having a beneficial effect on me or not.

Aside from that, as usual, the Anabolic Algorithm stack is starting to kick in. Took a tad longer this time than before, but last time around, I was already one NXT bottle into it. Starting to get that jovial, overall sense of well-being that I had last time, though not as intense. I'm sure by the end of this week, it'll perk itself up. Good thing too, as I'm going to a tailgate this weekend so I can try my alphaness on some hot college gals.

Routine:

Bench press:
After five warm-up sets:
Set #1: 5x205
Set #2: 8x180
Set #3: 10x160

Finally cracked the 200lb barrier! I felt good on all five reps. Six would have totally fallen apart and resulted in some injury or pulled muscle of some kind. I could have added (and probably should have) added more weight for the following two sets. Well, next week, all weights will be going up.

Weighted Dips:
Set #1: 6x60
Set #2: 10@40
Set #3: 12@25

This one surprised me. Last week, I thought 40lbs was decent to start out with. Like I said, I've been feeling strong, so I decided to add 20 more pounds and shorten that first set by 2 reps. Paid off. I probably could have squeeze out a seventh, but knowing I had two more sets, didn't want to tax myself too much. Turns out, I was able to kill it on the second and I had aimed for 15xbodyweight on the last set, but opted to go weighted and clocked in 12 on that bastard.

Incline Press:
Aim: 3 sets @ 5 reps @ 150 lbs
Set #1 and #2: 5x150
Set #3: 4x150

Couldn't get that last rep out. I was struggling on four but got it out cleanly. No matter. Next week I'll get it.

Workouts having been going well. One thing I'm loving:

I'm getting stronger!

Till next time!

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Looking good so far bro :)

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Your logs are detailed like crazy! Awesome thread

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember your last anabolic algorithm run; adding PF3 to that? Yikes! Those college gals don't stand a chance.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for college girl smashing updates

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I forgot to update this on Friday, which was squats on overhead press.

I couldn't go as heavy as I had planned on squats since I went too heavy on my first warm-up set. I thought I'd be good using the weight that I did, but, man, that shot the whole CNS to begin with. Still got in what I could and I was sore the following day and I am still somewhat sore.

Getting better on the overhead press. Finally cracked 100lbs! Weights and strength steadily increasing. All about progression for me nowadays and that's paying off in spades.

I think I'm going to ixnay the fermented leucine. It's beginning to become quite a pain to mix it in anything other than a protein shake. Perhaps I'll just double the dose to three scoops on days I have a shake. As for PF3, that stuff keeps clumping up on me, even when I use a high-speed blender. Not sure if this effects its efficacy or not. I sure hope not.

On Friday, before the workout I had 1 scoop of Conquer and 3 scoops of GMS half an hour before I began to train. For my intra-cocktail, I added another scoop of GMS, 2 scoops of PF3 and 10g of creatine. I didn't notice much of anything. I figured my legs would be swole, but given that I overshot my warm-up, I might have nixed that. I'll try that same concoction tomorrow for deadlifts, chins and rows.

As for the tailgaiting, got there a bit late, but all the young ladies were looking fly. Thank goodness it was a warm day and all types of flesh was being shown. Next time I'll try to get there earlier and try my hand. Here's hoping PF3 will lean me up by then. Get the muscles full and hardened.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like a good time!! Love the ladies' flesh

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
I forgot to update this on Friday, which was squats on overhead press.

I couldn't go as heavy as I had planned on squats since I went too heavy on my first warm-up set. I thought I'd be good using the weight that I did, but, man, that shot the whole CNS to begin with. Still got in what I could and I was sore the following day and I am still somewhat sore.

Getting better on the overhead press. Finally cracked 100lbs! Weights and strength steadily increasing. All about progression for me nowadays and that's paying off in spades.

I think I'm going to ixnay the fermented leucine. It's beginning to become quite a pain to mix it in anything other than a protein shake. Perhaps I'll just double the dose to three scoops on days I have a shake. As for PF3, that stuff keeps clumping up on me, even when I use a high-speed blender. Not sure if this effects its efficacy or not. I sure hope not.

On Friday, before the workout I had 1 scoop of Conquer and 3 scoops of GMS half an hour before I began to train. For my intra-cocktail, I added another scoop of GMS, 2 scoops of PF3 and 10g of creatine. I didn't notice much of anything. I figured my legs would be swole, but given that I overshot my warm-up, I might have nixed that. I'll try that same concoction tomorrow for deadlifts, chins and rows.

As for the tailgaiting, got there a bit late, but all the young ladies were looking fly. Thank goodness it was a warm day and all types of flesh was being shown. Next time I'll try to get there earlier and try my hand. Here's hoping PF3 will lean me up by then. Get the muscles full and hardened.
Clumping won't negatively impact the benefits of it so you're good

And no biggie about the leucine, just keep trucking with the PF3 :)

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Sometimes I just chew and swallow the big globs of grape goodness!

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Sometimes I just chew and swallow the big globs of grape goodness!
Yeah, that's what I've been doing. It does taste great, that's for true.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Good workout today. Went heavy. I knew I could get all the weights up and get all the lifts in, but a small part of me wondered if I could see it through. I'll chalk that up to knowing I could and to amaze myself by doing as much. Well, it all happened. By switching everything up, I'm able to lift more, lift heavier, get better rest and prep my body for the next workout.

Routine:

Deadlifts:
After five warm-up sets:
Set #1: 4x255lbs
Set #2: 5x230lbs

I felt every single muscle working on these today. Back feels worked out and tired, but the good kind of tired, like when you put in an honest day's work...of good manual labor. (I have a desk job, so can't get it that way. HAHA!) That last rep on that final set was murder. I don't like to drop the weights like you see most folk do (mainly since I workout in my upstairs apartment and need to be mindful) but also, I can get full advantage of the negative, which is where it all came together. Got it done!

Weighted Chin-ups:
Set #1: 3x55lbs
Set #2: 5x30lbs
Set #3: 12xbodyweight

I had aimed for four reps on that first set and I did a partial, but since I didn't get my chin above the bar, that rep doesn't count. I did hold that partial as long as I could. Nailed it on the next set. On the final set, got to 10, had to rest-pause, then knocked out the final two without fail. Man, hurt like hell, but the good kind of hurt, the kind where you know you pushed your body hard, but all in a sound, quality way.

My arms still look swoll 2.5 hours later!

Bent-Over Rows:
After two warm-up sets:
3 sets @ 5 reps @ 110lbs.

Had to lower the weight from last week as I did not get in a good stretch in the lats. Got all the reps in cleanly and will try to add another 5lbs next week.

Today, I mixed 1 scoop of Conquer, 1 scoop Jack3d micro, 8g GMS, 2 scoops of fermented leucine and took 3 PR-XT's about 30 minutes to working out. That leucine man, what a punk! HAHA. It's like a cat--doesn't like getting wet. I would only recommend this for shakes. I know I'd said I do as much, but felt like toying around with the pre-workout cocktail.

I took 2 scoops of PF3, 1 scoop GMS and 10g creatine for my intra-cocktail. Not sure if adding any of that did anything significant, however, like I stated above, the biceps from the chins are still popping. Again, this was done mainly to experiment and have fun with it all.

Still unsure about PF3. Not really sure what I should be experiencing. It can be frustrating since this stuff clumps up the way it does, but since that doesn't harm its efficacy, then it all just boils down to being an inconvenient nuisance. Although, it is damn tasty!

Maybe another two more weeks and I should see some benefits. Again, jury is still out, but, I'm having fun and getting stronger.

Thanks!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Are you looking anymore leaner or more defined?

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've been reading that. I think I'll play around with adding a scoop pre-workout and then still have my 2 intra. Glad you guys gave me two tubs to experiment with dosages.

That's the great thing about all of this: dialing it in and seeing what works and what's convenient.

Thanks!

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
GMS will blow you up in the gym for sure. Painfully so.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Today was chest day and I added in some biceps curls and some wrist rollers as I'm not too fond of my forearms. Calves, neither, but I'll get to those on Friday.

Not noticing much in terms of leanness. Perhaps some in recovery. I was not as sore on Tuesday after some heavy deads as I thought I'd be. Aside from that, everything's going along just fine.

Routine:

Bench Press:
After 7 warmup sets:
Set #1: 4x210 (personal best)
Set #2: 8x185
Set #3: 8x170

As I checked my log, I had to re-read it to make sure I counted my warmup sets correctly. HAHA! But, better to warm up with more sets than to under dose them and risk injury. My goal was for 5 reps on that first set and I did a rest-pause after four, but that fifth just wasn't having it. Still, proud I was able to add 5lbs to the bar this week. I should be able to get that 5th rep in next week. Got the weight up on the other two sets, and missed the target reps on the final set. No matter. All about progression in one form or another.

Dips:
Set #1: 6x70
Set #2: 9x50
Set #3: 11x30

Knocked the first set out of the park and missed my target reps by one on each of the last two sets. No matter, as I increased the weights from last week.

EZ Barbell Curls:
2x12x60.

Had not curled in some time. Been solely building the biceps off the weighted dips. Arms were crushed after the second set. Did a rest-pause after 10 on the final set, but knocked out the final two reps. I did about half of them with palms open, which just burned the stupid out of the biceps. Felt good!

Wrist Rollers: 90 seconds

Did these as I was listening to Rocky IV soundtrack, that instrumental part that plays as he's outrunning the KGB en route to the mountaintop to exclaim "Drago" three times. Forearms were pulsating!

All around, solid workout. Felt refreshed afterwards. Triceps still full. I wish my chest would maintain its pump from before. Soon enough, soon enough.

Thanks.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Today was chest day and I added in some biceps curls and some wrist rollers as I'm not too fond of my forearms. Calves, neither, but I'll get to those on Friday.

Not noticing much in terms of leanness. Perhaps some in recovery. I was not as sore on Tuesday after some heavy deads as I thought I'd be. Aside from that, everything's going along just fine.

Routine:

Bench Press:
After 7 warmup sets:
Set #1: 4x210 (personal best)
Set #2: 8x185
Set #3: 8x170

As I checked my log, I had to re-read it to make sure I counted my warmup sets correctly. HAHA! But, better to warm up with more sets than to under dose them and risk injury. My goal was for 5 reps on that first set and I did a rest-pause after four, but that fifth just wasn't having it. Still, proud I was able to add 5lbs to the bar this week. I should be able to get that 5th rep in next week. Got the weight up on the other two sets, and missed the target reps on the final set. No matter. All about progression in one form or another.

Dips:
Set #1: 6x70
Set #2: 9x50
Set #3: 11x30

Knocked the first set out of the park and missed my target reps by one on each of the last two sets. No matter, as I increased the weights from last week.

EZ Barbell Curls:
2x12x60.

Had not curled in some time. Been solely building the biceps off the weighted dips. Arms were crushed after the second set. Did a rest-pause after 10 on the final set, but knocked out the final two reps. I did about half of them with palms open, which just burned the stupid out of the biceps. Felt good!

Wrist Rollers: 90 seconds

Did these as I was listening to Rocky IV soundtrack, that instrumental part that plays as he's outrunning the KGB en route to the mountaintop to exclaim "Drago" three times. Forearms were pulsating!

All around, solid workout. Felt refreshed afterwards. Triceps still full. I wish my chest would maintain its pump from before. Soon enough, soon enough.

Thanks.
[video=youtube;iYM-gvS-9wg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYM-gvS-9wg[/video]

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
^YES!