Kenpo MAN's Up with PF3 - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 6

Kenpo MAN's Up with PF3

Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
  1. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    21 Days in and still on the first tub of PF3. Dosing this at 1 scoop pre and 1 scoop post workout. No other supplement proteins. Feeling good on this PF3. Stomach bloating is way reduced. Leaning is still occurring with weight holding.

Shoulders
    DB Lateral Raises
    30x8x3

Bent Over DB Side Raises
    30x8x3

Machine Shoulder Press
    95x10
    105x7
    115x4
    125x2 PR on reps

DB Front Raises
    Tweaked the left shoulder and stopped.

Age sucks! Going to have to give in and drop the weight but increase volume for a while.
    Nice lifts.

I think your problem is partially age related but all the much much moreso,front raises are about the worst possible lift for shoulder mobility/health.Of all lifts,they place the most strain on the RC's,due to the unnatural range of motion involved.

I remember doing them around as decade ago and not minding the shoulder pain I was feeling,which led to a shoulder dispingement.Not a bright move,on my part.That said,I'd strongly suggest laying off most of your lifting for a good 2 weeks.Doing some lighter/high rep bi's and tri's would be alright,as long as you're careful not to place stress on your shoulder.

Ramping up cardio and your martial arts training over the next 2 weeks,to help with leaning out,would serve as a fine replacement for lifting.Considering the leucine yo're using now,you needn't worry about LBM loss.

I'd start doing some RC rehab/prehab exercises every day that you start training.Marc McDougal has some very good articles on shoulder injury rehab as well as preventitive exercises to strengthen the shoulder,with directions and such,on Fitport.com.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hey thanks Colin. Shoulder is back to older lifter "normal". Age does have it's disadvantages at times. Lol
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yesterday was an impromptu off day. Still only dosing the PF3 pre and post. My weight is holding steady and the mirror is saying I'm still leaning. Side note is that my older GI tract feels the best it has been in months.

Upper Back

Bent Over DB Row
    90x8x3

Face Pulls
    85x10x2
    95x8

Pull-ups
    BWx15,14,10, 9

DB Shrugs
    100x10x4 Concentrating on rolling back and up

Good day all.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Yesterday was an impromptu off day. Still only dosing the PF3 pre and post. My weight is holding steady and the mirror is saying I'm still leaning. Side note is that my older GI tract feels the best it has been in months.

Upper Back

Bent Over DB Row
    90x8x3

Face Pulls
    85x10x2
    95x8

Pull-ups
    BWx15,14,10, 9

DB Shrugs

Good day all.
    Nice simple workout......
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Upper Back

Bent Over DB Row
    90x8x3

Face Pulls
    85x10x2
    95x8

Pull-ups
    BWx15,14,10, 9

DB Shrugs

Good day all.
    Good numbers bro, those face pull numbers are beastly!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

up and attem boys!
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    up and attem boys!
    Good morning!
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

So how much longer do you think you have of PF3? Looks like it's treating your body well by all accounts so far! Grape sounds tasty...
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    Coupon code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbitnutrition.com
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    So how much longer do you think you have of PF3? Looks like it's treating your body well by all accounts so far! Grape sounds tasty...
    The grape is really tasty!!!
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I have about another weeks worth. The grape really is tasty. So far so good. Thanks.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

Man, I hear ya' with the age dilemma. How is your shoulder tweak feeling?

Nice to see you're focusing on the roll-back with the shrugs, targeting the full trap muscle!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website atFINAFLEX.com

12. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Man, I hear ya' with the age dilemma. How is your shoulder tweak feeling? Nice to see you're focusing on the roll-back with the shrugs, targeting the full trap muscle!
    Thanks for asking RJ. Shoulder is back to "normal". I've learned to immediately "stop" if I feel anything out of the ordinary, especially a "tweak". After watching that video you posted for proper form, my weight dropped but I feel my form has improved.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Last week of PF3 so I'm going to experiment with higher dosing. Today was 2 scoops before and 2 scoops after workout to see if "more" is better.

Shoulders
    DB Lateral Raise
    30x10x4

Seated Bent Over DB Side Raise
    30x10x3
    30x8

Machine OVH Press
    95x10
    105x8
    115x4
    125x2 increasing reps here after a stall

Using JEFit and still can't figure out how to copy my routine summary and paste it. I see others are doing it, help please?

Good day everyone.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Curious to see if more PF3 helps!
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

End with a bang. 4 scoops is pretty much my protocol
    BOARD TYRANT
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

I saved the web version of Jefit to my home screen that opens on the "log" page. If you sync from the app, then open the web page log you can copy it there.
    FINAFLEX REP

17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Last week of PF3 so I'm going to experiment with higher dosing. Today was 2 scoops before and 2 scoops after workout to see if "more" is better.

Shoulders
    DB Lateral Raise
    30x10x4

Seated Bent Over DB Side Raise
    30x10x3
    30x8

Machine OVH Press
    95x10
    105x8
    115x4
    125x2 increasing reps here after a stall

Using JEFit and still can't figure out how to copy my routine summary and paste it. I see others are doing it, help please?

Good day everyone.
    finish strong MAN, sad to see an awesome log starting to wind down
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

I saved the web version of Jefit to my home screen that opens on the "log" page. If you sync from the app, then open the web page log you can copy it there.
    So no way of doing this from iPhone app?
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by allnatural923 View Post
    finish strong MAN, sad to see an awesome log starting to wind down
    All good things must end. Thanks for the compliment.
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

So no way of doing this from iPhone app?
    No. You can always do a screen grab.
    It really doesn't take that long to do it from safari as long as the link is saved.
    FINAFLEX REP

21. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

Kenpo is the standard.
  22. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

No. You can always do a screen grab. It really doesn't take that long to do it from safari as long as the link is saved.
    Thanks RJ. Tried it from the web link and it works perfectly. This will save typing time.
  23. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chefbo View Post
    Kenpo is the standard.
    Thank you brother in iron! You rock yourself!
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Things looking good here brotherman! Keep it up!
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post
    Things looking good here brotherman! Keep it up!
    Thanks AT. I'm trying to match your numbers, lol.
  26. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

PF3 is at 2 scoops before and 2 scoops after workouts. I feel good with no issues. Leaning up and the mirror is saying PF3 has improved my body composition. My muscles look drier and more vascular.

Back

Barbell Deadlift 355.83
    Set 1 : 235x5
    Set 2 : 285x5
    Set 3 : 305x5
    Set 4 : 235x10
    |
    Close Grip Pull Up 234.67
    Set 1 : 160x14
    Set 2 : 160x14
    Set 3 : 160x14
    |
    Crunches 30
    Set 1 : 30 Laps/Reps
    Set 2 : 30 Laps/Reps
    Set 3 : 30 Laps/Reps
    |
    Wheel O Death
    20 laps x5

Took it easy in the back as I was sore from the weekend chores.

Good day all.
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

I've ss with deads and wheel of death and that was a great workout
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

Nice pulls!

Wow, I've never maintained 20 reps on the wheel after the first set. Mine usually looks like 20/15/12/11/constipation face x8. Lol
    FINAFLEX REP

29. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Nice pulls! Wow, I've never maintained 20 reps on the wheel after the first set. Mine usually looks like 20/15/12/11/constipation face x8. Lol
    Thanks brother RJ! I'm usually swearing at that mechanical torture wheel the whole time! "I hate it, but I love it!"
  30. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

4 scoops PF3 per workout makes the tub disappear quickly. I'm still experiencing little to no DOMS amazingly. No GI issues with the dose increase.

Upper Chest/ Tri's
    Weighted Tricep Dips 266.67
    Set 1 : 160x20 160 is BW
    Set 2 : 160x20
    Set 3 : 160x20
    Set 4 : 160x20
    Set 5 : 160x20
    |
    Smith Machine Incline Bench Press 183.67
    Set 1 : 145x8 1st notch from bottom
    Set 2 : 145x8 2nd
    Set 3 : 145x8 3rd
    Set 4 : 125x7 4th
    Set 5 : 125x4 5th 45 degrees
    Set 6 : 125x7 4th notch down
    missed sets 7,8 and 9. This is Reggie's routine and I'm determined to finish it!

Good day all.
  31. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

So is there a need for other types of protein powder while taking this or just get the rest of the protein from food?
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  298 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    So is there a need for other types of protein powder while taking this or just get the rest of the protein from food?
    I have not used any protein powder during my log. I have not been tracking macros either. I assume there have been days where I have been way under where I should be due to crappy diet, fast food etc. I have noticed the insane recovery, my weight has stayed the same (even with bad diet), and I haven't noticed any loss of strength.

With that said: PF3 was not meant to be a protein replacement. If you are tracking macros properly, and can get all your protein from food, then you don't need a protein powder anyways. Protein powder is just a convenient way to help hit your requirements.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  33. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Well.I believe this specific protein offers a few things that food can not so that's why I'm so interested. As far as other proteins go I use oxyelite protein but the rest I can get from food
  34. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Agree with Cubsfan above. I stopped all WPI powder and kept my macros consistent using whole foods. My issue is that WPI and other protein powders cause bloating and this log proved that to me. So, PF3 is not a protein substitute.

PF3 has allowed me to lean out and experience super reduced DOMS, improved recovery and improved GI function. I was skeptical at first but I believe now.
  35. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Good because I'm really focused on solid recovery while doing high intensity training. I need something that's going to relieve some of these DOMS
  36. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Still running 4 scoops per day of PF3. So far I'm not noticing any more advantage over 2 scoops per day. Should be complete by Sunday and will post all my final reviews.

AB Workout
    Crunches 30
    Set 1 : 30 Laps/Reps
    Set 2 : 30 Laps/Reps
    Set 3 : 30 Laps/Reps
    Set 4 : 30 Laps/Reps
    |
    Dumbbell Lateral Raise 40
    Set 1 : 30x10
    Set 2 : 30x10
    Set 3 : 30x10
    Set 4 : 30x10
    |
    Ab Rollout on Knees 20
    Set 1 : 20 Laps/Reps
    Set 2 : 20 Laps/Reps
    Set 3 : 20 Laps/Reps
    Set 4 : 20 Laps/Reps
    |
    Speed Bag N/A Calorie : --
    Distance : --
    Speed : --
    Lap/Rep : --
    Duration : 00:03:00

Feel great and ready for the day! Good lifting to you all.
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.

Nice wo, Kenpo. You're a glutton for punishment!
    FINAFLEX REP

38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Nice wo, Kenpo. You're a glutton for punishment!
    Thank you brother. Concentrating on abs lately. Don't want to look like the pear shaped Dad I had. Lol. Heal well.
  39. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Lol. That's what my training partner calls my ab wheel. "the wheel o death"
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    Lol. That's what my training partner calls my ab wheel. "the wheel o death"
    I call it that plus sever other "choice names" mostly when my abs are burning! Lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pampers Gets MANly with PF3
    By pampers938 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 03:21 AM
  2. 5 people to MAN up with a Nolvadren XT Trial
    By allnatural923 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 698
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 10:15 AM
  3. Piston Honda MANs up with Nolvadren XT and Prometheus Rising
    By Piston Honda in forum Supplement Logs