Kenpo MAN's Up with PF3

Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last

1. Read about mixing issues with grape PF3. I'm taking 1 scoop pre and 1 post. No mixing issues at all if you fill your container with water then slowly add PF3 while swirling.

Machine Squats
    165x10
    185x8
    205x6
    225x5
    235x5 PR bishes!! Lol
    225x5
    205x5
    185x10x2

Smoked! Keep being afraid of loading 245! Mind game!

2. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Read about mixing issues with grape PF3. I'm taking 1 scoop pre and 1 post. No mixing issues at all if you fill your container with water then slowly add PF3 while swirling.

Machine Squats
    165x10
    185x8
    205x6
    225x5
    235x5 PR bishes!! Lol
    225x5
    205x5
    185x10x2

Don't be scared lol if you can get 235x5 then 245 won't be a problem!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Read about mixing issues with grape PF3. I'm taking 1 scoop pre and 1 post. No mixing issues at all if you fill your container with water then slowly add PF3 while swirling.

Machine Squats
    165x10
    185x8
    205x6
    225x5
    235x5 PR bishes!! Lol
    225x5
    205x5
    185x10x2

Way to blast those legs dude. Rubberband man!!!

4. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Calories consistent, no loss of weight, no bloating, looking leaner all while dropping Whey. This has been an interesting 4 weeks
    Here's my question, have you kept your macros constant? Since you've dropped whey as a protein source, you're obviously getting your protein most probably from meat. So the macros for meat is going to be different from that whey which also affects the caloric content. Could it possibly be that more of your calories are coming from protein & fats rather than carbs now? Since your calories stayed constant but your protein source changed, I'm pretty sure your macros have changed significantly. It's a fact that if you start lowering carbs, you're going to end up drying up a bit and losing some water weight.

5. Total daily calories are consistent and macro percentages are consistent at 40%p, 40%c and 20%f. Weight is holding at 162.

Dropped the daily 50 g WPI weeks ago and substituted for whole food proteins ie meats. Carbs have the normal effect that cause me to hold water and experience bloating.

Stomach area is still leaning out. I'm looking more ripped according my family. Still have another 3 weeks worth of PF3.

6. Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    Don't be scared lol if you can get 235x5 then 245 won't be a problem!!
    Shiit, if you are hitting 235x5, then you could add more than 10 pounds. I would bet on it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by drewsicle3210 View Post
    Shiit, if you are hitting 235x5, then you could add more than 10 pounds. I would bet on it.
    Thanks Drew. It's a mind game here.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Thanks Drew. It's a mind game here.
    It sure is.

9. Sorry for the late sub bud. But in for the ride brother! N congrats on the PR! Numbers lookin good!

10. Quote Originally Posted by atanocc View Post
    Sorry for the late sub bud. But in for the ride brother! N congrats on the PR! Numbers lookin good!
    Thanks for joining in AT. Always great to have you following brother.
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Total daily calories are consistent and macro percentages are consistent at 40%p, 40%c and 20%f. Weight is holding at 162.

Dropped the daily 50 g WPI weeks ago and substituted for whole food proteins ie meats. Carbs have the normal effect that cause me to hold water and experience bloating.

Stomach area is still leaning out. I'm looking more ripped according my family. Still have another 3 weeks worth of PF3.
    Your macro calculations are off especially if your calories have stayed constant but you are now getting protein from your meats. Let's break it down for you:

1/2 a chicken breast is 250 calories. 13 grams of fat. 30 grams of protein.
    Typical whey protein powder comes in at roughly 140 calories for 30 grams of protein. They usually also contain less than 2 grams of fat.

Just do the math there, HUGE discrepancy in macros AND calories. For you to MAINTAIN the same amount of calories AND protein, your FATS will increase and most likely you will end up lowering carbs. Why? Because you only have so many calories to play with. For you to maintain the same macros is mathematically impossible if you are keeping your calories the same. Unless of course all you eat is plain ole tuna and I HIGHLY doubt that you are getting the bulk of your protein from just tuna.

12. Hmm, I weigh and use a phone app to track everything I eat. Protein in my diet comes from many sources (tuna included). I'm constantly adjusting what I'm eating as I see the macro balance in grams of p/c/f to maintain a 40%/40%/20% diet. Don't know what else to say.

13. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Hmm, I weigh and use a phone app to track everything I eat. Protein in my diet comes from many sources (tuna included). I'm constantly adjusting what I'm eating as I see the macro balance in grams of p/c/f to maintain a 40%/40%/20% diet. Don't know what else to say.
    Those are never all that accurate to begin with :P They offer a good estimate but it's an estimate nonetheless.

Just think of it like this, the closest thing you're going to get to the macros of whey protein powders is going to be tuna. So unless you have been eating 50-60 grams of your protein from plain ole tuna, there's going to be both a caloric and macro variance to a pretty notable degree. I mean, it could quite possibly be that you've replaced your daily protein macros you initially got from whey with tuna but that would literally mean that the rest of your diet didn't change and that you literally replaced whey with plain ole tuna (just the fish, not the canned stuff).

Just to break down tuna:

3 oz ='s 5 grams of fat, 25 grams of protein, 157 calories.

All I'm trying to point out is that it's not that easy to take out whey and replace it with whole foods which are very similar in macros and caloric content. If you took out 50-60 grams worth of protein from whey usage, to have a truly accurate assessment on the difference between whey and whole foods, you would have to replace it with something that is very close to it in macro and caloric content.

It's very possible that taking out the whey has caused a reduction in bloat/gas but that's due to the nature of dairy and the user's gut flora. Some people just can't deal with dairy all that well and their gut flora is not suitable to process dairy thus causing gas/bloat. Plus such issues are only temporary and doesn't really affect body composition. You can eat a ton of broccoli and be bloated as well from that.

14. This mornings workout:

Bent Over DB Rows
    90x8x4

Face Pulls
    80x10x4

Pull Ups
    BWx15, 12, 11, 10

DB Shrugs
    100x10x4

Fast and furious due to work.

15. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    This mornings workout:

Bent Over DB Rows
    90x8x4

Face Pulls
    80x10x4

Pull Ups
    BWx15, 12, 11, 10

DB Shrugs
    100x10x4

Fast and furious due to work.
    This post is vin diesel approved

16. PF3 saga continues. Still working with 1 scoop pre and 1 post.

Shoulders
    DB Lateral Raise
    30x10x4

Seated Bent Over DB Side Raise
    30x10x3
    30x8

Machine OVH Press
    95x10
    105x7
    115x4
    125x1

That is all. Good day folks.

17. Awoke with a bad headache this morning. Wife is sick with this flu bug. I've managed to keep it at bay with Airborne and the flu shot (I hope). No rest for the wicked, go!

Back
    Deadlifts
    235x5
    285x5
    305x5
    325x2

Chin-ups
    BWx15,12,10,10,10

18. Ole lady took airborne once, got lodged in her throat and had to be rushed to ER....

19. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Ole lady took airborne once, got lodged in her throat and had to be rushed to ER....
    Oh my. I take the effervescent type. I swear by this stuff but you have to catch the cold/flu very early or use it if exposed to people that have it.

20. Nice way to push through and still kill it!

Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Oh my. I take the effervescent type. I swear by this stuff but you have to catch the cold/flu very early or use it if exposed to people that have it.
    I agree, I love the stuff too.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

21. I was in Boston this weekend and every time I took the subway I felt like I was playing "germ roulette."
    BOARD TYRANT

22. Avoid it at all costs Ken....I haven't lifted in a week. So life has been sucking, needless to say.

23. Nice deadlifting btw!

24. the engineer killing it!

25. The flu = great weight loss.
    BOARD TYRANT

26. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    The flu = great weight loss.
    Lmao!! It does seem to shed the pounds!

27. Count me in then. I need to find a Flu distributor...
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at FINAFLEX.com

@RegisterJr on Twitter and Instagram.

28. Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Count me in then. I need to find a Flu distributor...
    Lol Judging for my wife having this flu, you don't want it! Nasty and long lasting.

29. PF3 before and PF3 after, forever PF3. Decided to switch it up today and stole Reggie's incline bench routine. Let me tell you it kicked my butt.

Machine Incline Bench at 4 Angles Drop
    145x8 lowest angle
    145x8 next angle up
    145x5 next angle up
    125x5 highest angle 50 degrees
    125x8 down
    145x10
    145x10
    165x10

Wheel O Death
    5x20 laps

Holy mackerel! What a burn and pump. Thanks Reggie (I think!)

30. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    PF3 before and PF3 after, forever PF3. Decided to switch it up today and stole Reggie's incline bench routine. Let me tell you it kicked my butt.

Machine Incline Bench at 4 Angles Drop
    145x8 lowest angle
    145x8 next angle up
    145x5 next angle up
    125x5 highest angle 50 degrees
    125x8 down
    145x10
    145x10
    165x10

Wheel O Death
    5x20 laps

Holy mackerel! What a burn and pump. Thanks Reggie (I think!)
    Haha your welcome my man
    Life's a garden, dig it

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pampers Gets MANly with PF3
    By pampers938 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 05:21 AM
  2. 5 people to MAN up with a Nolvadren XT Trial
    By allnatural923 in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 698
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 12:15 PM
  3. Piston Honda MANs up with Nolvadren XT and Prometheus Rising