MAN'S new GAME CHANGER WHA WHAT! PF3 BIO ACTIVE PROTEIN!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What up everyone? First off, I'd like to thank those at MAN sports for allowing me to run a log of their newest protein, PF3.

uploading my intro video of pf3, and my initial taste/mixability review. (going to warn you, it didn't score very good on the mixability category.)

I have two 50 serving tubs, so that's going to give me about 3 servings per day.

Not sure yet if I'll split it up, or take it all at once? thoughts?

[video=youtube;5pkVJRt1g-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pkVJRt1g-Y[/video]

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In!

We recommend pre/post workout dosing, but you're free to follow any dosing protocol you find convenient. We're going to see from these logs what works better than others; plus we'll see the reactions and comments of the users. That will help us refine the recommendations I think.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

We recommend pre/post workout dosing, but you're free to follow any dosing protocol you find convenient. We're going to see from these logs what works better than others; plus we'll see the reactions and comments of the users. That will help us refine the recommendations I think.
nice, okay.

[video=youtube;HEUWOUZCMZA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEUWOUZCMZA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
pampers938

pampers938

Awards
I'm in here buddy!! I'm excited to compare notes and see head to head results with my run. Good luck buddy

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Might have to swirl the last bit before downing it. I've had to do that for a lot of products. Great opening review, very honest! I'll try to look into that seal issue. Didn't look clumpy on the inside, did it?
na, I think like I noted, it just got stuck on the cap when coming off. it wasn't clumpy at all.

and I went back to my shaker later, an finished off the rest of the purple drank.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unflavored pure PF3 opening/taste/mixability

update! looks like the seal issue was a fluke!

[video=youtube;K6oXGVAOxFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6oXGVAOxFk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
rub-a-dub-sub

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, these videos won't play on my phone. It starts to open youtube in safari, then stops and says,"cannot open with safari"

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't wait for findings in the next few days :) Also, how are you dosing it? Solo post and evening or mixed into normal protein.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Looks like the crew is assembling
This is going to be awesome cause you know all the loggers and others that participated in the thread is going to be on everyone's PF3 thread! It's going to be one big PF3 party!!!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't wait for findings in the next few days :) Also, how are you dosing it? Solo post and evening or mixed into normal protein.
I'm going to run this solo, unless otherwise told not to.

Once in the am to offset muscle catabolism quickly, and two scoop post work out.

Off days prob just with bfast, lunch, dinner.

Stay tuned for the leucine video.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
What up everyone? First off, I'd like to thank those at MAN sports for allowing me to run a log of their newest protein, PF3.

uploading my intro video of pf3, and my initial taste/mixability review. (going to warn you, it didn't score very good on the mixability category.)

I have two 50 serving tubs, so that's going to give me about 3 servings per day.

Not sure yet if I'll split it up, or take it all at once? thoughts?

https://sphotos-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/s403x403/1175675_313819458762597_144545 7557_n.jpg

[video=youtube;5pkVJRt1g-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pkVJRt1g-Y[/QUOTE]

Ticked you got yours first. lol Definitely seperate the doses.

[QUOTE="jbryand101b, post: 4144202, member: 66829"]I'm going to run this solo, unless otherwise told not to.

Once in the am to offset muscle catabolism quickly, and two scoop post work out.

Off days prob just with bfast, lunch, dinner.

Stay tuned for the leucine video.[/QUOTE]

That protocol looks pretty good. If you've got some of leucine I'd throw a scoop of that in post also.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the looks of this as well.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
btw, my training is supposed to be

Mon: shoulders arms
Tues:legs
Wed: back
Thurs: chest
Friday: cardio
Sat: boot camp/cross fit style depletion w/o
Sun: cardio

buuuuuut, I haven't really been following the cardio/boot camp w/o's like I should. I have excuses. but that just what they are.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ticked you got yours first. lol Definitely seperate the doses.

That protocol looks pretty good. If you've got some of leucine I'd throw a scoop of that in post also.
Is there a reason that it's a good idea to use leucine with it? For the insulin spike or to combo the protein synthesis signaling of the PF3 and the leucine?

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is there a reason that it's a good idea to use leucine with it? For the insulin spike or to combo the protein synthesis signaling of the PF3 and the leucine?
Never a bad idea to use leucine

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would assume that it is because of the benefits of Leucine post workout

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, I got a hundred servings of it. taste of the leucine isn't too bad. but it doesn't seem to mix well.

and I would use the leucine pre an post workout.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Lol I like the way you put that. It would be for the added benefit of protein snythesis.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol I like the way you put that. It would be for the added benefit of protein snythesis.
Lulz. Thanks, I figured that was the idea.

well, I got a hundred servings of it. taste of the leucine isn't too bad. but it doesn't seem to mix well.

and I would use the leucine pre an post workout.
Welcome to the time when I was using the OG Modern BCAAs. Practically all leucine and I don't believe it was micronized. Floaties, foam, sticks to the cup, etc. LoL.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
btw, my training is supposed to be

Mon: shoulders arms
Tues:legs
Wed: back
Thurs: chest
Friday: cardio
Sat: boot camp/cross fit style depletion w/o
Sun: cardio

buuuuuut, I haven't really been following the cardio/boot camp w/o's like I should. I have excuses. but that just what they are.
I like your split!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I am saying that the Leucine stacked with the PF3 post w/o will be the best bet for results. But everyone's different, that's just what I'm doin

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am saying that the Leucine stacked with the PF3 post w/o will be the best bet for results. But everyone's different, that's just what I'm doin
that's what Ill be doing as well.

and pre w/o.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My rep order this month should be interesting lol

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
All pf3's

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bingo!

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Had a suggestion to have a serving for intra workout.

So I may do one intra, with leucine, and 2 post w/o
And just a glass of whole milk at bfast

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
It will be interesting to see how everyone decides to dose theirs. if I ever open my mailbox and find pf3 x2 with fermented leucine, I will take it as a sign from the heavens to dose 2 servings of pf3 with 1 servings fermented leucine twice daily for 25 days

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a suggestion to have a serving for intra workout.

So I may do one intra, with leucine, and 2 post w/o
And just a glass of whole milk at bfast
I would think 1-serving intra would be a good idea. The workout kicks off protein synthesis and the PF3 should super-charge that. I would assume that's why PF3 is in Game Day, because you're drinking Game Day before a workout so having the PF3 in your system should have some synergistic effect with the workout kicking your body off in protein synthesis mode.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Noticing an increase in stomach acid. Minor heartburn symptoms last night in bed.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting. I haven't had that problem with any BCAA or Protein supplement. Usually not even with Pre-Workouts. Sandwiches with mayo on them are really the only thing that trigger heartburn. And alcohol (back when I drank).

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You think it's tied to the Betaine?
Possibly. If it doesn't get better, or worse, that will be a better indication.

Too early though to put all the blame on it.

Had sushi for lunch, and buffalo wings an veggies for dinner

Wasn't hungry when I ate dinner, just ate cause I didn't want to wake up at 12 am starving.

But only 2 servings of pf3 in the am an 2 servings the night before.

thescience

thescience

Awards
  • Established
Noticing an increase in stomach acid. Minor heartburn symptoms last night in bed.
interesting. jbry, you mentioned in another thread that you are taking drugs to reduce production of hcl due to your abnormally high production of it if you think what you are experiencing now is from the hcl content being too much for someone with your condition, then you are smart to be aware of that cause and effect relationship. i would say your doc is spot on with regards to his diagnosis of you having too much hcl if you are sure that the addition of supplemental hcl is aggravating things.. more water can dilute the effects of hcl and calcium supplements (particularly poorly absorbed ones like tums) will neutralize stomach acids, but running what youre supplementally taking by your doc is a good idea also

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
interesting. jbry, you mentioned in another thread that you are taking drugs to reduce production of hcl due to your abnormally high production of it if you think what you are experiencing now is from the hcl content being too much for someone with your condition, then you are smart to be aware of that cause and effect relationship. i would say your doc is spot on with regards to his diagnosis of you having too much hcl if you are sure that the addition of supplemental hcl is aggravating things.. more water can dilute the effects of hcl and calcium supplements (particularly poorly absorbed ones like tums) will neutralize stomach acids, but running what youre supplementally taking by your doc is a good idea also
could just be a false alarm though. we'll see. cant wait to hit shoulders/arms tomarrow.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
It will be interesting to see how everyone decides to dose theirs. if I ever open my mailbox and find pf3 x2 with fermented leucine, I will take it as a sign from the heavens to dose 2 servings of pf3 with 1 servings fermented leucine twice daily for 25 days
4 servings daily? Due to weight or preference?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I'm going to play with doses. Havent used whey in forever so it shouldn't be hard to gauge the difference

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll stay with 3 of each