MAN'S new GAME CHANGER WHA WHAT! PF3 BIO ACTIVE PROTEIN!

Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Professional Member
    drewsicle3210's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,929
    Rep Power
    2870705
    Level
    75
    Lv. Percent
    2.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Interesting. I haven't had that problem with any BCAA or Protein supplement. Usually not even with Pre-Workouts. Sandwiches with mayo on them are really the only thing that trigger heartburn. And alcohol (back when I drank).

  2. Senior Member
    Misfit28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,109
    Rep Power
    2644837
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    4.12%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Noticing an increase in stomach acid. Minor heartburn symptoms last night in bed.
    You think it's tied to the Betaine?
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
  3. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    2998187
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    96.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post

    You think it's tied to the Betaine?
    Possibly. If it doesn't get better, or worse, that will be a better indication.

    Too early though to put all the blame on it.

    Had sushi for lunch, and buffalo wings an veggies for dinner

    Wasn't hungry when I ate dinner, just ate cause I didn't want to wake up at 12 am starving.

    But only 2 servings of pf3 in the am an 2 servings the night before.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    thescience's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    475007
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    17.3%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Noticing an increase in stomach acid. Minor heartburn symptoms last night in bed.
    interesting. jbry, you mentioned in another thread that you are taking drugs to reduce production of hcl due to your abnormally high production of it if you think what you are experiencing now is from the hcl content being too much for someone with your condition, then you are smart to be aware of that cause and effect relationship. i would say your doc is spot on with regards to his diagnosis of you having too much hcl if you are sure that the addition of supplemental hcl is aggravating things.. more water can dilute the effects of hcl and calcium supplements (particularly poorly absorbed ones like tums) will neutralize stomach acids, but running what youre supplementally taking by your doc is a good idea also
  5. Senior Member
    Misfit28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,109
    Rep Power
    2644837
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    4.12%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    I'll get my log up in the morning. Expecting my package tomorrow
    BPS Rep
    www.bpsnutrition.net
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
  6. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    2998187
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    96.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    interesting. jbry, you mentioned in another thread that you are taking drugs to reduce production of hcl due to your abnormally high production of it if you think what you are experiencing now is from the hcl content being too much for someone with your condition, then you are smart to be aware of that cause and effect relationship. i would say your doc is spot on with regards to his diagnosis of you having too much hcl if you are sure that the addition of supplemental hcl is aggravating things.. more water can dilute the effects of hcl and calcium supplements (particularly poorly absorbed ones like tums) will neutralize stomach acids, but running what youre supplementally taking by your doc is a good idea also
    could just be a false alarm though. we'll see. cant wait to hit shoulders/arms tomarrow.
  7. Advanced Member
    thescience's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    475007
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    17.3%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    could just be a false alarm though. we'll see. cant wait to hit shoulders/arms tomarrow.
    ok.
  8. Professional Member
    Budman7811's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Power
    1506101
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    51.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    It will be interesting to see how everyone decides to dose theirs. if I ever open my mailbox and find pf3 x2 with fermented leucine, I will take it as a sign from the heavens to dose 2 servings of pf3 with 1 servings fermented leucine twice daily for 25 days
    4 servings daily? Due to weight or preference?
  9. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,729
    Rep Power
    2813302
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    65.62%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    I'm going to play with doses. Havent used whey in forever so it shouldn't be hard to gauge the difference
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  10. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    2998187
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    96.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    It will be interesting to see how everyone decides to dose theirs. if I ever open my mailbox and find pf3 x2 with fermented leucine, I will take it as a sign from the heavens to dose 2 servings of pf3 with 1 servings fermented leucine twice daily for 25 days
    I'll stay with 3 of each
  11. Advanced Member
    thescience's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    475007
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    17.3%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Budman7811 View Post
    4 servings daily? Due to weight or preference?
    i just like pushing the envelope with supplements i know are safe i suppose. ive been lifting 15 years straight and i guess ive acquired a kind of humility that guides me to throw all the nutrition i can into my body as provision for what im inevitably going to put it through. logically, i think 25 days is a good time in which to make determinations, and the more pronounced effects a higher dose could theoretically achieve, the more usefull it is to me in reaching that determination
  12. jking4
    Guest
    jking4's Avatar

    better late than never, inn.
  13. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,756
    Rep Power
    3151237
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    i just like pushing the envelope with supplements i know are safe i suppose. ive been lifting 15 years straight and i guess ive acquired a kind of humility that guides me to throw all the nutrition i can into my body as provision for what im inevitably going to put it through. logically, i think 25 days is a good time in which to make determinations, and the more pronounced effects a higher dose could theoretically achieve, the more usefull it is to me in reaching that determination
    That's just silly.
  14. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    2998187
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    96.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Serving of grape an leucine this morning with bfast.
  15. Elite Member
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    5,009
    Rep Power
    3500022
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    5.11%
    Achievements Posting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Serving of grape an leucine this morning with bfast.
    Question: why dose leucine with PF3? Would this skew the log results? Did you normally add leucine to your diet? Just curious.
  16. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    2998187
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    96.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post

    Question: why dose leucine with PF3? Would this skew the log results? Did you normally add leucine to your diet? Just curious.
    Because they also sent me two tubs of their fermented leucine with the PF3.

    I think if it wasn't intended to be used, reviewed, they would of said so.

    And no, adding 2g of leucine to my pf3 I don't think is going to skew the results.

    Yes, I do normally use leucine. If you watched the review, you would of caught me mentioning my tub of Sns leucine I have.

    But if those at man would like me to run pf3 without leucine, I'll do so.

    Everyone can use more leucine though.
  17. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,756
    Rep Power
    3151237
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    So, why fermented leucine? First I've heard of fermented leucine.
  18. Senior Member
    Misfit28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,109
    Rep Power
    2644837
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    4.12%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    So, why fermented leucine? First I've heard of fermented leucine.
    I think that just means that it is derived from a vegetable source, like corn. That way you know it isn't made from feathers or hair
  19. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,756
    Rep Power
    3151237
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    I think that just means that it is derived from a vegetable source, like corn. That way you know it isn't made from feathers or hair
    Ah, I see. TBH, I don't really care where the leucine comes from as long as it doesn't negatively impact health and as long as the stuff is effective. LoL.
  20. Senior Member
    Misfit28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,109
    Rep Power
    2644837
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    4.12%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Ah, I see. TBH, I don't really care where the leucine comes from as long as it doesn't negatively impact health and as long as the stuff is effective. LoL.
    Hehe, I hear you! Some people are grossed out by that, I think.

    I also think that it being fermented means that it is better quality, as it produced using microbial fermentation, rather than using chemicals.
  21. Professional Member
    Budman7811's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,272
    Rep Power
    1506101
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    51.11%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post

    Ah, I see. TBH, I don't really care where the leucine comes from as long as it doesn't negatively impact health and as long as the stuff is effective. LoL.
    Pubic hair is lower quality due to lack of vitamin d.
  22. Elite Member
    Piston Honda's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,327
    Rep Power
    8589117
    Level
    94
    Lv. Percent
    63.69%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    The fermented leucine will be better absorbed, and yes, it is not sourced from hair/duck feathers.
    BOARD TYRANT
  23. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,756
    Rep Power
    3151237
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Budman7811 View Post
    Pubic hair is lower quality due to lack of vitamin d.
    Not with my pubes. They are fortified with ABCDE.
  24. Advanced Member
    thescience's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    475007
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    17.3%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Question: why dose leucine with PF3? Would this skew the log results? Did you normally add leucine to your diet? Just curious.
    sure. in a big way though , our results are always skewed; people are eating different things, taking staple supplements with everything they try, and training differently. in the case of adding leucine, that is exactly what would happen to anyone buying pf3 on nutraplanet since theyre giving a free tub to anyone who buys it. anyway, leucine is considered a staple to supplement regimes
  25. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,756
    Rep Power
    3151237
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by thescience View Post
    sure. in a big way though , our results are always skewed; people are eating different things, taking staple supplements with everything they try, and training differently. in the case of adding leucine, that is exactly what would happen to anyone buying pf3 on nutraplanet since theyre giving a free tub to anyone who buys it. anyway, leucine is considered a staple to supplement regimes
    Wait... it's up for sale on NP now?!?
  26. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,756
    Rep Power
    3151237
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Damn, considerably more expensive than Bio-Gro. Placed my order though. Will start running it after I finish this tub of Bio-Gro.
  27. Elite Member
    pete8407's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6,764
    Rep Power
    3117147
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post

    Wait... it's up for sale on NP now?!?
    Yes it is!
  28. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,756
    Rep Power
    3151237
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pete8407 View Post
    Yes it is!
    Yup, grabbed one. Will give it a go after I finish my current tub of Bio-Gro. Do some compare and contrast most probably.
  29. Elite Member
    pete8407's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6,764
    Rep Power
    3117147
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    10.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post

    Yup, grabbed one. Will give it a go after I finish my current tub of Bio-Gro. Do some compare and contrast most probably.
    Oh yes that will be awesome!
  30. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    2998187
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    96.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Took grape pf3, mixed in some bulk SNS Agmatine, beta alanine, and citruline malate. Workout between clients at 6pm.
    Shoulders and arms. Yea buddy!
  31. Senior Member
    allnatural923's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,150
    Rep Power
    854157
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    1.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post

    Wait... it's up for sale on NP now?!?
    Yeah, Nutra always gets the good stuff as early as possible

    J-Bry, killing it so far my MAN
    MAN Sports Online Lead Rep and Sales
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/man/pure-pf3-free-fermented-leucine-limited-time.html
    Like us on Facebook! Follow me on Instagram: Rob_MANSports
  32. MAN up!!
    mpaquett's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    1027236
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    98.09%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by kissdadookie View Post
    Damn, considerably more expensive than Bio-Gro. Placed my order though. Will start running it after I finish this tub of Bio-Gro.
    Our raws are considerably more. Colostrum is cheap, and that is where the big price difference is coming from my MAN.
  33. Professional Member
    kissdadookie's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,756
    Rep Power
    3151237
    Level
    71
    Lv. Percent
    53.98%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mpaquett View Post
    Our raws are considerably more. Colostrum is cheap, and that is where the big price difference is coming from my MAN.
    I see what you did there... :P
  34. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    2998187
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    96.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    No heartburn symptoms since so must of been something else I ate.
  35. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,729
    Rep Power
    2813302
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    65.62%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    The fermented leucine will be better absorbed, and yes, it is not sourced from hair/duck feathers.
    Mallard feathers are best used for calorie deficiencies, geese feathers more for hypertrophy.....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  36. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    2998187
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    96.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post

    Mallard feathers are best used for calorie deficiencies, geese feathers more for hypertrophy.....
    Good to know
  37. Senior Member
    cubsfan815's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  298 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,936
    Rep Power
    3152413
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    89.21%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Late but in
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  38. Senior Member
    Misfit28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,109
    Rep Power
    2644837
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    4.12%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    No heartburn symptoms since so must of been something else I ate.
    Dem der buffalo wings, probably
  39. Senior Member
    Misfit28's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    2,109
    Rep Power
    2644837
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    4.12%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    Mallard feathers are best used for calorie deficiencies, geese feathers more for hypertrophy.....
    And wood ducks?
  40. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,934
    Rep Power
    2998187
    Level
    88
    Lv. Percent
    96.96%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    grape pf3 is a bit shocking at 3am when I wake up.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 06:20 PM
  2. New to working out, What foods to avoid/eat??
    By YELLOW_STL_MACH in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 06:56 PM
  3. New and need help. What's better M14ADD or M1T?
    By TonsKGB in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 05:21 PM
  4. New fat loss Supp. What do you think?
    By Tatt2d in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 03:56 PM
  5. My new split. Tell me what you think
    By satan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 02:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in