booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First off a special thanks to TheSwanks and the rest of the Formutech crew for hooking me up with an 8 scoop beta test of the new Volatile flavor - Fruit Punch. I'll be reviewing the next few days based on the following categories (feel free to suggest others you'd like to hear about as well!):
Pump, Energy, Focus, Endurance, Taste, Strength, Overall

Here's the thread for the ingredients and info for reference: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/233676-new-formutech-volatile.html
(originally this was going to be for an orange flavor but there were some changes made by the powers that be... so now it's fruit punch!)

I have tried a couple samples of the berry eruption flavor in the past and was totally blown away. Loved the flavor, energy and the overall workout I got while on it so this should be a great ride (albeit a bit of a quickie... [insert that's what she said]). I was using 2 packets if I remember correctly from last time so I'll start off today with a 2 scoop dose about 30 min pre workout.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed! :)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In for the ride
Good to have you guys...

First workout is in the books:
Dose- 2scoops 30min pre workout (about 39 min after my shake)

Taste: 4/5 definitely not as good as the berry eruption IMO but still really good. Plenty sweet and flavorful considering that I like to mix mine with a ton of water (20-25oz) and really enjoy it.

Energy: 5/5 there were only 2 bad parts about today... 1) I was bouncing off the walls 10min before I got to the gym (not good for driving ha) and 2) there's so few scoops in the trial :(... Energy hit me within 20 min of taking it and stayed well through my 70min workout. Not jittery at all but very "powerful". Had to calm myself down a bit and get in a good warmup cuz I just wanted to get to the heavy weights

Focus: 4/5 I had pretty much tunnel vision after I got a bit settled in to my first few sets but initially I was so amped up I almost had trouble ha. Once I was in though it was just me and the iron.

Endurance: n/a today was a strength workout so volume was high but reps were low so fatigue wasn't really an issue so much as shear power. Ill comment on my next hypertrophy day (higher reps) and maybe even work a scoop into some fasted morning cardio Thursday.

Pump: 5/5 even for a strength day I had a pretty solid pump. Today's workout was push (chest/shoulders/tris) and my shoulders were really plump by the end. Also, vascularity was insane. I had veins that never show in my shoulder making a guest appearance today.

Overall 4/5 very good for a strength day as I was totally amped to lift some heavy ass weights. Only reason it's not a 5 is due to the fact that I think it'll be even BETTER on a day that ill be pumping and needing some endurance. Basically just leaving room at the top! Great workout. Definitely made me remember why I enjoyed the sample so much.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Day 2: LEG DAY!!! Today was a leg strength day. Took 2 scoops of volatile about 10min before I got to the gym cuz I was doing some cardio (20min airdyne) before my lift. Same as yesterday I was totally psyched up and ready to go before I was anywhere near done with my bike time. Almost jumped off early just to get to squats but resisted...

Squats/SLDL/leg extensions/ham curls/fst-7 hack squats... My quads were so dead by the end I had to waddle out of the gym.

As it was a strength day for the most part reps were low again but I was still able to get a decent quad pump from the hacks. My calves also looked pretty pumped and they didn't get any direct work so that wa great.
Today's ratings...

Pump:4/5 again good but not overly impressive. Prob mostly due to the low reps

Energy: 5/5 epic, clean, fast. Nuff said.

Focus: 4/5 def need to take this closer to my workout time cuz it's so intense that all I can focus on is the lifting... Cardio and driving become second thoughts ha. Did seem to fade out towards the end of my lift today so that's why this isn't a 5

Endurance: 3/5 legs were pretty beat up by the end of my hack squats so this was def a factor. Ill be interested to see this on a whole workout of higher reps.

Overall: 4/5 pump was ok, energy was off the charts, focus was great but seemed to fizzle a bit, and endurance was just ok. Got in a solid workout and still loved this.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Day 3: double cardio only

So I had originally intended to just not use this yesterday but I was dragging ass in the morning so I took 1 scoop, pre am cardio on an empty stomach. Definitely still felt some energy coming on after about 15-20min so I went out running. The last two weeks I've been doing less cardio after my 12weeks of training so it was a real relief when I wasn't feeling totally winded right away. Definitely felt like my endurance was solid but nothing extravagant. Could have been mainly due to it being a morning session. The best part was that after my 30min run the energy that I ha lasted well into my work day... I'd say 2-3 hours later and never crashed, just sort of faded out.

Since I had another cardio session planned I figured I might as well take a second dose before this as well (since I would've only been saving the 1 scoop :( ) this run seemed to go much better then the morning run and endurance was far better. I attribute this mostly to the timing but I do feel like I was less fatigued then I would've been without the volatile.

Overall I'd give it a 3.5/5 for the day as a single scoop, pre cardio dose, used more for endurance and a little extra energy.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2: LEG DAY!!! Today was a leg strength day. Took 2 scoops of volatile about 10min before I got to the gym cuz I was doing some cardio (20min airdyne) before my lift. Same as yesterday I was totally psyched up and ready to go before I was anywhere near done with my bike time. Almost jumped off early just to get to squats but resisted...

Squats/SLDL/leg extensions/ham curls/fst-7 hack squats... My quads were so dead by the end I had to waddle out of the gym.

As it was a strength day for the most part reps were low again but I was still able to get a decent quad pump from the hacks. My calves also looked pretty pumped and they didn't get any direct work so that wa great.
Today's ratings...

Pump:4/5 again good but not overly impressive. Prob mostly due to the low reps

Energy: 5/5 epic, clean, fast. Nuff said.

Focus: 4/5 def need to take this closer to my workout time cuz it's so intense that all I can focus on is the lifting... Cardio and driving become second thoughts ha. Did seem to fade out towards the end of my lift today so that's why this isn't a 5

Endurance: 3/5 legs were pretty beat up by the end of my hack squats so this was def a factor. Ill be interested to see this on a whole workout of higher reps.

Overall: 4/5 pump was ok, energy was off the charts, focus was great but seemed to fizzle a bit, and endurance was just ok. Got in a solid workout and still loved this.
I LOVE fst7 workout finishers. Really destroy the muscle.

I always have to deuce right when my pwo starts to kick in. If I have 2 scoops of volatile Ive lost track of time focusing on crap with my phone because it gives me tunnel vision so much. Lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Last workout today :(... Hypertrophy pull day so I was hoping for a good pump. Took two scoops on an empty stomach about 15 min pre workout.

Energy: 5/5- I can't stress enough how fast this stuff hits me... I've been moving it closer and closer to my lifts and I swear it's beating me to the punch. Definitely works even more so on an empty stomach

Focus: 5/5- on point today. I was just killing my lifts, feeling every contraction, and ignoring the jackass who kept waving to me and trying to talk ha. Really felt in the zone today and my one heavy exercise I was able to hit a PR on.

Pump: 3.5/5- I was a tad disappointed here as I was really hoping for an epic pump. Don't get me wrong as I wa able to get some really great pumps going, but the faded within just a few minutes so that's why the lower rating. This was partially due to being fasted and on my last workout before my refeed (4days ultra low carb) but I had hoped for more.

Endurance: 5/5- I felt like a total machine. I had to drag myself out of the gym after about 65 min of just a blitz of sets. Back was smoked after every set but 20-30sec later I was itching for more.

Overall: 4/5- was a bit disappointed in the pump factor but otherwise an awesome workout. PR was a total bonus and the energy and focus I had going really helped me get work done.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last workout today :(... Hypertrophy pull day so I was hoping for a good pump. Took two scoops on an empty stomach about 15 min pre workout.

Energy: 5/5- I can't stress enough how fast this stuff hits me... I've been moving it closer and closer to my lifts and I swear it's beating me to the punch. Definitely works even more so on an empty stomach

Focus: 5/5- on point today. I was just killing my lifts, feeling every contraction, and ignoring the jackass who kept waving to me and trying to talk ha. Really felt in the zone today and my one heavy exercise I was able to hit a PR on.

Pump: 3.5/5- I was a tad disappointed here as I was really hoping for an epic pump. Don't get me wrong as I wa able to get some really great pumps going, but the faded within just a few minutes so that's why the lower rating. This was partially due to being fasted and on my last workout before my refeed (4days ultra low carb) but I had hoped for more.

Endurance: 5/5- I felt like a total machine. I had to drag myself out of the gym after about 65 min of just a blitz of sets. Back was smoked after every set but 20-30sec later I was itching for more.

Overall: 4/5- was a bit disappointed in the pump factor but otherwise an awesome workout. PR was a total bonus and the energy and focus I had going really helped me get work done.
Thanks for the review man I'm glad you enjoyed it overall! I can't get a pump no matter what I take if I'm low carbing. It sucks! Lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the review man I'm glad you enjoyed it overall! I can't get a pump no matter what I take if I'm low carbing. It sucks! Lol
Ya thinking back I should've skipped yesterday and used it today after my refeed yest. Prob would've exploded.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards

Thanks for the kind words, usually we reign in the pump department. But each person is affected differently by ingredients. Normally agamatine just does it for me.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the kind words, usually we reign in the pump department. But each person is affected differently by ingredients. Normally agamatine just does it for me.
I really think it was just due to being depleted. Earlier in the week I had a great pump and each workout it was less and less which is logical as my glycogen was depleted.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really think it was just due to being depleted. Earlier in the week I had a great pump and each workout it was less and less which is logical as my glycogen was depleted.
I get that bad. I may never low carb again. Lol

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Yeah, being low carb or carb depleted, can effect pumps and workouts in general.