Being Alpha with MN Peak Beta+

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
MN was kind enough to supply me with a big bottle of Peak Beta +. I do 5/3/1 with some stuff out of the new book, joker sets, and first set last. I do assistance if I have time or energy. First training with the product tomorrow, I will be pressing. I will take absolutely nothing but peak beta + preworkout. During I will be sipping BCAA's, and post creatine mono, and whey protein. Look forward to this log and gains! Doing 5/3/1 I base Pr's on getting a higher calculated 1RM for the lift. For instance today I squatted 330x9 for my 5+ set. 350x5 joker set, and lastly 250x5/5/5. I was aiming for 330x11 to beat previous calculated 1rm for a PR. What I'm hoping peak beta + does is add on reps, get me those PR's, and thereby get me bigger/stronger.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed, in for a great log!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Dosed 8 pills 30 minutes prior. All I really have to say was I had a really elevated good mood, or overall good feeling. I didn't really think the peak beta helped with the heavy sets but the high rep sets felt good and relatively easy.

Cycle 8 week 1 press day

Strict press
65x5 80x5 95x3 105x5 120x5 140x5+
140x5
Strict press, Joker sets
145x3

Push press
140x5/5/5

Strict press, 1st set last
105x8/7/7

Every pressing set superset with 2x as many lat pulldowns

Lat pulldown
90x8/10/10/6/10/10/10/6/10/10/10/16/14/14

I didn't hit my goal of 8 on the 5+ set but I just trained press 4 days ago and over did it a little. Next week will be better. Those lat pulldowns got brutal towards the end sets!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Dosed 4 pills 40 minutes prior to lifting. Light workout today. Consisted of low cable rows superset with incline bench press, 20 reps and 13-15 respectively. Must have done about 6 sets each then finished off with incline db fly's. Even after a rough night, beer and little sleep, I really had a great workout. Sets felt great! Energy and stamina were good. I was really able to crank out the reps and left the gym feeling great.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
good luck, bb....get those pr's!!!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Been a rough rough week. Finally got to deadlift even though extremely fatigued, diets been crap, and I worked 72 hours in the last week. But no more, dosed 8 caps MN Peak beta+, a scoop of Juggernaut HP, and used hyper blend BCAA. I really needed a kick in the ass for yesterday.

Deadlift day.

Deadlift top set @400x5+
400x8 (versagripps and belt)

Sumo deadlift
400x1/1/1/1/1 (belt only)

Deadlift
315x5/5/5 ( raw as fak, no belt or anything)

That's all! Again I really got a sense of just feeling great or an overall good mood. Intra set recovery was good. Strength was easily accessible and I had no grinders. My goal was 400x10 on top set and I bet I could have reached it with proper sleep and food. I'll start putting some vid up soon.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I'm gonna dose my wife and see what she says. She runs 5 miles at a time so I'm curious to hear what she thinks.

I'm bench pressing in 8 minutes.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Took 4 caps 50 minute pre, and 4, 30 minutes pre. Kinda makes no difference. I feel like this stuff kicks in later in my training. Maybe I'll start dosing 8, 45 minutes pre. Good mood, and high rep sets feel strong and easy, again.

Bench press day

Top set@195x5+
195x8
210x2/2
150x8/8/7
95x18

Lying triceps extension
40x8 60x8 80x8/7/7

Experimenting with bench press form. Elbow travel and foot placement. Not big weight or reps, but probably the highest volume and most pain free bench press session I've had in ages. (Ive been struggling with tricep pain by elbow that wraps around to forearm)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
8 caps is a more ideal dose for sure, and is the recommended daily dosage.

That's good feedback regarding it not "kicking in" until later. That makes sense as unlike a stim pre where you get an energy rush and then it fades, this supplement provides no energy but provides very strong endurance and recovery effects ensuring that whether its later in your workout or later in your set youll be able to squeeze out extra sets and reps.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm gonna dose my wife and see what she says. She runs 5 miles at a time so I'm curious to hear what she thinks.

I'm bench pressing in 8 minutes.
Im excited to hear her feedback! All the runners we've heard from (both sprinters and distance runners) have loved PB+.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Dosed 8 caps 45 minutes pre and a scoop of focus xt. Going to switch to 8 caps, 1 hour pre. Awesome squat day, 1 rep from a PR on top working set. Got almost 2 joker sets and then some great volume with high bar squats. I pretty much got to a point where I was just destroying myself so I quit. Set a PR with 390 for 2. Great energy focus endurance, good day. My legs currently feel pretty good, expect some DOMS but not super terrible DOMS.

Squat day
155x5 195x5 230x3 270x3 310x3
Top set @ 350x3+
350x8 vid

Joker sets
370x3 vid
390x2 vid PR

High bar squats
135x5 185x5 225x5
270x5 vid
270x5

350x8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N765lK5ixk0

370x3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMKpZOph9CE

390x2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2opJKnUo0s

270x5 high bar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Demqjw3F4

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great videos and a hell of a squat day, glad 8 caps pre is treating you right!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Thx rep!

8 pills dosed 50 minutes pre. Had good endurance especially on pulldowns. I want to get more assistance in my training. I have some key lifts I want to make time for. So maybe I superset more or speed my happy ass up.

My press days have become lackluster I might lower training max.

Yesterday press day
65x5 80x5 95x3 115x3 130x3 145x3+
145x5
no joker set couldn't get it up

Push press
145x5/5/5

FirstSetLast
115x8/7/6

All pressing supersetted with fat man pull ups and underhand lat pulldowns
Pull ups total of 10
pulldowns
90x14/10/10/16/14/12

Took 4 pills on a rest day for cardio and abs.

Ran .5 mile and then walked for 1.5 miles. I felt like I literally could walk for another hour, had to make myself stop.

Cable crunches for more reps than I usually do.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Peak Beta+ is spot on for helping you add/handle more assistance work in your routine.

Have a good weekend!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Dosed 8 peak beta+ 50 minutes prior, focus xt scoop, and 2 agmatine pills.

I can tell peak beta+ does work because I never did those burn sets after the 160x8x3 sets. Peak beta + for sure increases endurance.

Bench press
Work sets
160x3 185x3 205x3+
205x8 vid
220x1
160x8/8/8
95x16/9

Lying tricep extension
30xalot 60x5
80x12/8/6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwi719XO6yU

Great bench press volume, great pecs and tris pump. No pains, very pleased. I am happy with a flat footed form and I moved hands in slightly.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Dosed 8 peak beta+, 50 minutes pre workout. Used 2 uncut capsules 30 minutes pre. Set 2 pr's. Last time I tried to do Kroc rows after deadlifting I managed 10 @95. This time, with Peak Beta+ I set a freaking PR with 32. I am absolutely certain Peak beta+ increased my endurance.

Deadlift
Work sets
330x3 375x3 420x3+
420x7 Pr

Sumo deadlift
420x1/1/1/1/1

Deadlift
330x3/3/3

Pendlay row as warmup for Kroc's
135x5/5/5/5

Kroc rows
40x8 60x8 95x32/arm Pr

Deadlift goal of 420x8, might have gotten it but a couple of the reps the bar got too far in front of me and I lost leverage.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Uncut a lot, Ive done 2 of those with 8 Peak Beta+ with amazing results.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I like Uncut a lot, Ive done 2 of those with 8 Peak Beta+ with amazing results.
It did work pretty well.

Dosed 8 peak beta+ and a scoop of Ritual. Amazing endurance today. Did sets on top of sets. Very pleased!

Monday Bench press day!

Work sets
170x5 195x3 220x1+
220x5 vid
230x1
240x1
250x1 PR match
170x8/8/5
95x15/12

Lying triceps extension
85x10/8/4

Incline DB press
25x16/14/12/9

Bench press progress:
I consider today a great victory. PR match after doing loads of work, some of which equivalent to pr territory. Tons of volume and tons of accessory work.
220x5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yfTGlSl9TI

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Dosed 8 peak beta+ 1 hour pre. 2 scoop juggernaut HP 30 minutes pre.
Did my normal squat day after doing some max effort work. Crazy.

155x5
195x5
230x3
290x2
330x1
370x1
390x1
410x1 PR
430x0

At this point I didn't know what to do so I squatted my normal routine.

155x5 195x5 230x3 290x5 330x3 370x1+
370x2

BB hack squat
135x20

Epic squat battle today.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Peak Beta+ added to a stimmed pre always gives me the best workout, congrats on that kick ass squat PR. Nothing tests a person in the weight room like squats.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Dosed 8 pills 50 minutes pre. Press sessions have been getting worse for me lately. I'm overloading to much too often. Need to get back to repwork and get stronger. All that said Peak beta + consistently puts me in a good mood. It always allows me to power through high rep sets I'd normally struggle with late in the training. Really look forward to next pressing session with this product.

Press
Work set
115x5 130x3 145x1+
145x3
145x3
155x0

Push press
145x5
Epiphany

BBB press
80x10/10/10/10/10

All presses superset with chin doubles or underhand grip lat pulldowns
Chins total of 16
UHLPD
90x20/20/16/20

Lateral raises with db in crook of arm
15x8 20x20/15/10
Superset with db curl
3 sets

OK so I started out strong. I told myself I feel great I'm going to press a house today! Chins were great, full ROM felt strong!
Top work set is -2 reps from last week. Wtf. First joker set barely budged, a weight I know I can press. Push press very taxing on legs and hips after squatting big on Tuesday. I quit. Gonna do rep work. Get great pump, feel big, feel good about new press plan which is just older press plan.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Shoot missed a couple, never fear, updates right here. Deadlift session dosed 8 caps. CNS was just fried so it wasn't the greatest session.

Deadlift day
Top set @1+ goal was 6
445x3

Sumo deads
405x1/1/1/1/1

Pull throughs
3 sets of 20 @100
These looked pretty gay. Don't wanna get caught doing them by somebody.

Then I did a back hypertrophy day. Used 8 caps and some acute fx.

Pendlay rowx10
Low cable rowx10
Machine compound rowx10
Repeated about 5x
finish with tbar row burn set.
Great pump and loads of endurance!
I expected pretty bad DOMS from this but they never came!!

Then a bench press day, I actually didn't have time to take Peak beta+ before lifting because I didn't have an hour pre window to take it. This is a big knock against the product. Needing an hour to wait for a product to kick in isn't always feasible.

Bench press

90x5 110x5 130x3 145x5 165x5 185x5+
185x10
145x8/8/8/8/8
95x15/14

Lying tricep extension repgoal 25
35x8 65x5 85x10/8/5

Incline bench press repgoal 50
75x16/12/12/10

Took another 20 lbs off bench press training max, reluctantly. No joker sets. I just did first set last until form broke which happened on last rep of 5th set. Getting lots of volume in.
I had terrible DOMS that lasted days from this. Can't help but think peak beta + was reducing my muscle soreness from all my assistance work after main set also I felt more fatigued throughout training.

Then it was deadlift day again.
dosed 8 caps and a scoop Juggernaut HP. Had a real quality session with good sets and reps and no overreaching. Just getting stronger.

Cycle 9 week 1 deadlifts

190x5 240x5 285x3 310x5 360x5 405x5+
405x8

405x1/1/1

Sumo deadlift
405x1/1/1/1/1

Conventional deadlift
310x5/5/5

Really proud of this session. No PR's, didn't hit goal of 10 on top set. Did not try to do any joker sets. Started session off with some plate swings and deficit deads, ended session with more plate swings. Its only been 4 days since I deadlifted, would like to have been fresher, might have gotten 9 or 10 reps on top set. Did the singles after my top set because I've been pulling double overhand so long I can't pull crap with a mixed grip when I go for a PR attempt. So I did 3 reps and the second two felt great! Now I know, get some practice under/over grip reps before trying for a PR. But once again super proud of this session, solid solid sets and reps. My ass is sore! My hands are fried! I used versagripps only for 405x8.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im a big fan of VersaGripps for heavy work, great lifting session!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Im a big fan of VersaGripps for heavy work, great lifting session!
Amazing product. Never use straps again.

Wednesday pump day! Took only 4 peak beta+ and a little agmatine. Turns out it was a great session. Really put a lot of work in. Today I'm not even sore.

I did rows of sorts and curls.

Pendlay rows superset with machine rows. X a lot.

Kroc rows in the middle
105x22 new weight so PR.
I used a band to tie 2 five plates on a 95 db lol

Finished with curls, heavy and light, ezbar and tricep bar. Session was almost 90 minutes. Stay tuned for squats on Friday. Lots of squats.
Also, should have a wife update tomorrow.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I had my wife take 8 caps before she ran 5 miles. Unfortunately, she had her gall bladder taken out and she encountered cramping and pain. There is a warning on the bottle about stomach surgeries. Nonetheless, she said she could feel the product work. She said she was able to run longer before needing her second wind and the second wind didn't take as long to come. Frankly I don't know what the hell she's talking about. I wouldn't run 5 miles if you paid me! So she won't be taking peak beta+ again because of the pains but she said, "Its too bad because I could feel it work."

Squat session! 8 caps per usual

Well, slightly disappointed. I ended up training really late and I was tired, on rep 8 I just stopped in the hole. Sapped my strength getting back up.

Work sets
255x5 295x5 335x5+ goal 11
335x8
355x4
255x8/8/8

BB hack squat
145x20

To make matters worse I took a double serving assault not knowing it would give me a pump. So yea that sucked, stoopid leg pump.

Press day 8 caps per usual and a serving of 1mr.

Press
Work set
90x5 105x5 120x5+ goal 14
120x12 PR This weight
125x4

Push press
120x5/5/5

Press
85x10/10/10/10/10

DB side laterals
20x10 25x10/10/10

All presses superset with chins doubles or triples, pulldowns upon chin failure.
Chins
Underhand lat pulldowns
90x15/15/15

Really nice session for me. Was hitting chins for triples, got many reps on my top set( I did lower training max). Lots of endurance.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
x2, Versa Gripps > straps

Thanks for sharing your wives feedback as well!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
8 caps per usual, paired with a heavy stimmed preworkout.

SqwAt day

Work set
275x3 315x3 350x3+ goal 9
350x10! PR!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSN00DJPIOw

Walked out 370 twice but said nope

275x8/7/4

BB hack squat
155x20

Good intra set recovery. Big endurance on 10 set and 20 set.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had 8 caps Peak Beta+ and 2 caps amped before my leg day, and size-on during... went hard as hell and repped 365 on squats but ended up puking in the parking lot lol... I might have to stick to water on leg days!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Bottle is really getting down there.
8 caps plus some vpx sample packet, No something.
I was lacking some strength for this but effort and endurance were high. Trained for about 90 minutes.

Bench press
Work set
155x3 175x3 200x3+ goal 11
200x6 these were ****ty so I did /3 more
155x8/8/8/8/8
95x16/15

Lying tricep extension goal 25
35x8 65x5 85x11/6/5

Incline bench press goal 50
80x17/13/11/9

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great workout.

Im guessing the sample was NO Shotgun, Ive enjoyed that stuff, solid energy and ingredient profile.

Always sad to see a Peak Beta+ log come to an end, but Im glad that you've been enjoying it as much as the other loggers and I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the final review!

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Last Peak Beta+ session.
I will go Bang on my way out.
Took 8 caps and 2 uncut.
I really like the peak beta+ uncut combo.

Deadlift
Work sets
335x5 380x3 420x3+ goal 8
420x9 PR city baby
420x1
440x1/1
335x3/3/3

531 app says deadlift 1rm is 545 lol.

Well my review will be pretty much what I already put up in the review thread.

I've really enjoyed this product. My sweet spot for dosing is 8 caps 50 minutes preworkout. If you take it any later you feel it kicking in at the end of your training. It feels a little weird taking 8 capsules at once but I pop them all with a gulp of water and they go down fine. When taken alone you really dont feel anything but I consistently had an elevated mood or overall good feeling. Low rep heavy sets you don't really feel anything, but high rep sets you can really feel a boost of endurance. As I got into the bottle I was able to handle a lot more assistance work than I usually do. When stacked with a stimulant preworkout this stuff really shines. Pretty much works synergistically with whatever you take. When doing cardio with peak beta + you don't really hit a wall you can kind of just keep going. I train for powerlifting and I wouldn't normally use a nonstimmed product like this but I do enjoy using it. My high rep finishing sets I have a lot more strength and power output than without. I didnt have a lot of PR's but I had a good few. I would say this product would be great for a bodybuilder type strongman, or cross fit. Thank you MN and Swollen One.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the thorough log and great final review Broken Bottle!

I've used uncut alongside Peak Beta+ and love the combo myself!