Time for some much needed R&R: Finaflex style! (Sponsored)

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Big thanks to Iparatroop and the rest of the Finaflex crew for hooking me up with this opportunity to log the Recovery Stack (G8 and BCAA+SAA). I have been really impressed with the other Finaflex products I have tried and thus will be adding MaxPUMP and Ignite2 to round out this stack.

IMG-20130808-00003.jpg

I'll be utilizing Lane Norton's P.H.A.T. training protocol. Currently have 2 weeks under my belt to get a feel for it, and so far so good. Split looks like this:

Day 1 - Upper Body Power
Day 2 - Lower Body Power
Day 4- Back & Shoulders Hypertrophy
Day 5 - Lower Body Hypertrophy
Day 6 - Chest & Arms Hypertrophy

I have been starting my workouts off with a 5-7km run in the mornings, and then adding a 2nd cardio session in the form of a 8km fast paced walk in the evenings. I hope to continue this, as it is helping to slowly lean me out.

Plan on dosing G8 with BCAA+SAA after my 2nd session 30 minutes prebed.

Typically, I do not sleep very well. Usually averaging 5-6 hours of broken sleep a night. At times I also suffer from night terrors which can be somewhat disturbing as they usually result in what feels like sleep paralysis. Hoping, I will get some good quality 'recovery' sleep.

My log will officially begin a week today, as I am going to NYC for a few nights with my wife - and want to start this fresh with both oars in the water. As always any questions, advice, criticsms are welcomed...

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In bud

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
In it!!!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
here - even if I had to manually look for it :rant:

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm in.

Enjoy your vacation wasme...and all those supps waiting at the hotel for you. :)

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed in for the ride!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks Dan!

Right on man, going to compare notes with you..

here - even if I had to manually look for it :rant:
...Snags.......!

If I had I nickel for every time heard that from the missus ... Wait...what?! ....
lol

In on it brother!
Nice 804!

I'm in.

Enjoy your vacation wasme...and all those supps waiting at the hotel for you. :)
Thanks Breezy... got me a nice variety of goodies waiting! I dare say the wife will be pi$$ed lol

Not first.
But here.. I'd say let's get the party started but first dose will be Thursday night...

Subbed in for the ride!
JD, sup brother..

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JD, sup brother..
Sup! Man that routine looks killer runs in the morning, weights cardo at night. How long have you been doing that for?

I'm gonna have to check that Lane Norton's routine, I need to switch mine up.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah there is a lot of the PHAT type combo training out there right now that looks pretty good!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sup! Man that routine looks killer runs in the morning, weights cardo at night. How long have you been doing that for?

I'm gonna have to check that Lane Norton's routine, I need to switch mine up.
I have been doing cardio 2 a days now for about 3 weeks. Starting to see some changes too. Going to definitely keep it up for as long as possible.

I have been doing Lane Norton's set up for 2 weeks, wanted to feel it out and so far I am pretty impressed with it.

Awards
  • Established
2-a-days cardio will definitely do the job bro!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2-a-day cardio is rough. Pay close attention to the hammies. From what I've noticed, they seem to be the weaker link (first to have issues) when doing a lot of cardio.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
2-a-day cardio is rough. Pay close attention to the hammies. From what I've noticed, they seem to be the weaker link (first to have issues) when doing a lot of cardio.
I can agree with this
slight tweak of my L hammy during cardio has been my ONLY issue, my entire prep

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah Hammies get tight very quickly. Especially if you are not religious about your water intake.

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah Hammies get tight very quickly. Especially if you are not religious about your water intake.
Truth.
Too easy to stretch those bad boys out throughout the day, especially after intense cardio.
When I could still run, 5+ mile runs with hills used to make mine real tight. I made sure to stretch every hour or two throughout the rest if the day. Helped immensely.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First for today!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Hmm subbed to this earlier... Either way I'm in!!

packers6211

packers6211

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh def in this big time Beast mode ride!!! Kill it brother!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fasted both times?
AM totally fasted, PM is usually 90min-3hours after dinner

I can agree with this
slight tweak of my L hammy during cardio has been my ONLY issue, my entire prep
Will do, making sure to keep things stretched, and of course if I feel anything negative - it stops.

On top of the water... ensuring 2gal per day if not more.

Truth.
Too easy to stretch those bad boys out throughout the day, especially after intense cardio.
When I could still run, 5+ mile runs with hills used to make mine real tight. I made sure to stretch every hour or two throughout the rest if the day. Helped immensely.
Thanks for the tip bro

First for today!
lol

How soon til you're in NYC bro!?
I'm back, fantastic trip, fantastic city - was totally impressed.

Hmm subbed to this earlier... Either way I'm in!!
Right on!

Oh def in this big time Beast mode ride!!! Kill it brother!
Will do Pack... thanks bro.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back from my trip to New York. Had a fantastic time. Nasty show at the Comedy Cellar was definitely the highlight for me...

My first dose of G8 will be tonight. First workout on this will be tomorrow morning after a 5km run. Should be a sweet ride, and sorry for the wait.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Back from my trip to New York. Had a fantastic time. Nasty show at the Comedy Cellar was definitely the highlight for me...

My first dose of G8 will be tonight. First workout on this will be tomorrow morning after a 5km run. Should be a sweet ride, and sorry for the wait.
Nice! Who'd you get to see at the Cellar?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
welcome back brother! refreshed, recharged..let's do this!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
welcome back buddy

Awards
  • Established
Glad to have you back brother... Its time to kick ass and chew bubblegum!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice! Who'd you get to see at the Cellar?
Andrew Schulz, Vic Henley, Dave Attell, Artie Fuqua, Jay Oakerson, Wil Sylvince

Names probably don't sound familiar but they were all pretty recognizable from tv and so forth.. funny sh*t.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, let's get this off to a blazing start.

Last night, had my first dose of G8. 1/2 a scoop around 1120pm. I have the Lemon flavor, it mixed really well, not a bad taste at all, no after taste, no sediment. The last time I looked at the clock it was 1136pm. Next thing I knew it was 718am and that was just a blink as when I finally opened my eyes it was 843am. 9 hours of sleep; 8 hours unbroken - impressive. As mentioned earlier, I typically average 5 hours, 6 if I am lucky .. and it is always broken either with nightmares, or bathroom breaks.

Sleep last night - 8 hours unbrokend - Excellent
Dream status - if I had one, I am clueless to it
Morning feeling - slightly groggy but shook it off relatively fast.

Workout:

8/17/13

Got up: dumped 4 caps of MaxPUMP into a scoop of Ignite and was out the door for my run.

Warmup - 5km run through park (fasted). First run in 5 days. Knees, etc felt good, had a good pace going as well.

Day 1 - Upper Body Power

Bent Over Rows - Rest 90 seconds
160x5
160x5
180x5
190x5
200x5 - thought I tweaked my back a little on the last couple of rows, but I am fine...

Wide-Neutral Grip Pulldowns - 45 seconds rest
200x10
210x10
220x8

Close-grip Palms facing Pulldowns - 45 seconds rest
200x10
210x10
210x8

Bench Press - 90 seconds rest
180x8
180x8
260x5
270x5
270x4

Flat Dumbbell Press - 60 seconds rest
70x10
70x8
70x8 - really pushed hard for 9 but only got it up half way before failing

Military Shoulder Press - 90 seconds rest
160x8
160x8
160x8

Ez Bar Curls supersetted with Facepulls - 30 seconds rest after each superset
100x10 / 100x12
100x10 / 100x12
100x10 / 100x10

Closegrip Bench Press supersetted with Machine Flies - 30 seconds rest after each superset
165x10 / 100x10
165x10 / 100x10
165x8 / 100x9

All in all this was a great first workout. Really enjoyed my time away from lifting (5 days total), but last night was definitely itching to get back into the garage. Had great energy throughout and a solid pump by the end of my session.

This evening I will add in a second cardio session: 8km fast paced walk (2km of which is uphill).

My first dose of BCAA/SAA will be after this cardio session - which will be 2 hours post dinner.

Thanks again to Iparatroop and Finaflex for this opportunity to sleep!

Awards
  • Established
Glad you like the G8, brother - Sleep is more important than anything IMO! I just got a new bed/mattress/ memory foam topper - so no sleep aid needed here :sleeping:

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright, let's get this off to a blazing start.

Last night, had my first dose of G8. 1/2 a scoop around 1120pm. I have the Lemon flavor, it mixed really well, not a bad taste at all, no after taste, no sediment. The last time I looked at the clock it was 1136pm. Next thing I knew it was 718am and that was just a blink as when I finally opened my eyes it was 843am. 9 hours of sleep; 8 hours unbroken - impressive. As mentioned earlier, I typically average 5 hours, 6 if I am lucky .. and it is always broken either with nightmares, or bathroom breaks.

Sleep last night - 8 hours unbrokend - Excellent
Dream status - if I had one, I am clueless to it
Morning feeling - slightly groggy but shook it off relatively fast.

Workout:

8/17/13

Got up: dumped 4 caps of MaxPUMP into a scoop of Ignite and was out the door for my run.

Warmup - 5km run through park (fasted). First run in 5 days. Knees, etc felt good, had a good pace going as well.

Day 1 - Upper Body Power

Bent Over Rows - Rest 90 seconds
160x5
160x5
180x5
190x5
200x5 - thought I tweaked my back a little on the last couple of rows, but I am fine...

Wide-Neutral Grip Pulldowns - 45 seconds rest
200x10
210x10
220x8

Close-grip Palms facing Pulldowns - 45 seconds rest
200x10
210x10
210x8

Bench Press - 90 seconds rest
180x8
180x8
260x5
270x5
270x4

Flat Dumbbell Press - 60 seconds rest
70x10
70x8
70x8 - really pushed hard for 9 but only got it up half way before failing

Military Shoulder Press - 90 seconds rest
160x8
160x8
160x8

Ez Bar Curls supersetted with Facepulls - 30 seconds rest after each superset
100x10 / 100x12
100x10 / 100x12
100x10 / 100x10

Closegrip Bench Press supersetted with Machine Flies - 30 seconds rest after each superset
165x10 / 100x10
165x10 / 100x10
165x8 / 100x9

All in all this was a great first workout. Really enjoyed my time away from lifting (5 days total), but last night was definitely itching to get back into the garage. Had great energy throughout and a solid pump by the end of my session.

This evening I will add in a second cardio session: 8km fast paced walk (2km of which is uphill).

My first dose of BCAA/SAA will be after this cardio session - which will be 2 hours post dinner.

Thanks again to Iparatroop and Finaflex for this opportunity to sleep!
Thorough post!
Yeah, that G8 is serious nighty night business.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad you like the G8, brother - Sleep is more important than anything IMO! I just got a new bed/mattress/ memory foam topper - so no sleep aid needed here :sleeping:
Always a good purchase..

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing training, you must be feeling in amazing shape being able to run that much and do a sick workout!

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
In!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amazing training, you must be feeling in amazing shape being able to run that much and do a sick workout!
I'd feel a lot better with lower bf... but that will come - slow and steady.

But ya lungs and legs feeling good.. did 6km this morning before legs, and never got outta breath - 32minutes nice steady pace.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Second night of G8, was just like the first - deep sleep!

After my 8km Liss session @ 9pm last night I enjoyed some 'Apple Fusion' BCAA/SAA. Mixed like a dream, and excellent flavor. Almost mixed up a second one to just sip.

Doesed G8 at 1130pm, not sure what happened from 11:48 to 8:15am.

Sleep last night - 8.5 hours without waking once.
Dream status - Cannot recollect any dreams
Morning feeling - Was not groggy this morning, woke alert and ready to run.

Workout:

8/18/13

Upon rising dumped 4 caps of MaxPUMP into a scoop of Ignite and was out the door for my run.

Warmup - 6km run through park (fasted).

Day 1 - Lower Body Power

Squats - 90-120 seconds rest
160x8
160x8
210x5
230x5
260x5

Hack Squats - 60 seconds rest
230x10
230x8

Leg Extensions - 30 seconds rest
135x10
135x10
135x10

Stiff Leg Deadlifts - 90 seconds rest
155x8
170x8
210x8 - nausea set in on rep 5, but pushed through..

Lying Legs Curls - 30 seconds rest
90x10
90x8
90x8

Barbell Calf Raises supersetted with Crunches - NO rest
210x12 / 25
210x12 / 25
210x12 / 25
210x12 / 25

Excellent workout this morning. Mentally was in a really good mood and had a good mind/muscle connection. Physically everything felt on point.

Followed by my BCAA/SAA's.

Enjoy your Sunday guys.

Awards
  • Established
Stellar leg workout Wasme! Glad that full nights sleep is looking like its going to be consistent for you brother!

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stellar leg workout Wasme! Glad that full nights sleep is looking like its going to be consistent for you brother!
Thanks bro... not sure tonight.. had a really long day.. going to bed shortly