Purus Labs Build Sixxer up in the off season

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Wanna Start this off witha big Thanks to the Purus Labs crew for allowing me the opportunity to log some great products! Thanks Dan, Aaron, and the gang!

This is a premature start to my upcomming log. It will be kicking off very soon. The product will probably come in late next week and I will get started.

So What am I logging?

D-Pol- Custard Creme
Condense Apple

What is the work out routine?

There will be some slight changes to my current routine which is Day-1 Chest, Day-2 Shoulders, Day-3 Legs, Day-4 Back, Day 5 Arms, and Day-6 HIIT or Plyo- This routine was put together to focus on the upper chest and shoulders at the begining of the week and give them a long rest period to heal, a lot to do with my previos shoulder surgeries. That program was a 5 sets of 5 program to Bulk until I am Hulk.

The new program will be as follows,
Day-1= Quads/ Calves/Weak Point Biceps
Day-2=Chest/Abs
Day-3=Hamstrings/Calves/ Weak Point Biceps
Day-4= Shoulders/Abs
Day-5= Back/Calves
Day-6= Arms/Abs

Cardio will be done on my days off of work, which is 7 out of 14 days.

I will start off each muscle group with compound movements, then move to isolation. IE Bench Press, Squats, Deads, Barbell "Pendlay" Rows being typical compounds. Cable Flies,Leg Extension, Leg Curls, being typical isolation. For Each Muscle group I will plan approximately 20 working sets, however I go with the flavor. If I feel underworked I add more, if I feel over worked I deduct sets. Each day is its own monster.

Diet? As Follows:

Last week, for the first time, I strayed from my traditional bulking diet. Roughly 50g P/ 50g C/ and moderate fat with each meal, consuming 6-7 meals a day at approximately 3,000 - 3,200 cals per day.

I have started a modified Carb Backloading (CBL)
Waking up at 430am work days and going to bed at 930-1000pm, my diet looks like this
430- wake up by 5-530am BCAA's
600- get to worksipping on BCAA's
830- eat meal 1 - Protein, Low fat, IE 1 cup egg whites, Olive Oil, Canadian Bacon
1130- Meal 2- Ground Beef- 93/7- 6oz with 5 oz green beans or broccoli
230- Meal 3- Chicken Breast 6oz, Broccoli, Asparagus, or Green Beans
5pm- Pre workout Meal- Greek Yogurt, Stuffed pepper-D-pol, multi
530pm-Condense
6pm- Workout- BCAA's,
730pm-Post workout- Waxy Maize, ISO 100- 50g Simple Carbs, 50g Protein, no fats-Slin Shot
830pm- Dinner- Chicken 6 oz, White Rice 1 cup, Vegis
930- Casein Protein, either oatmeal or CoCoa Crispies Slin Shot

Some days I change up white rice for brown or sweet patato or baked potato.

List Of all Sups I take:

Formutech Nutrition's Fit For Men Multi Vite-
Formutech Nutrition's Endurance BCAA Plus
Purus Labs- D-Pol-Pre Training with Multi
Purus Labs- Condense Apple
Purus Labs- SlinShot- Post Training Shake and Post Training Meal
Formutech Nutrition's ZMA-Pre Bed
Optimum Nutrition Melatonin-6mg- Pre Bed

Proteins will be Dymatize.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Sorry for the long intro I know it can be painful to read sometimes. But this log should be a blast. My goals are to straight keep putting on size. I wont be competing again till april next year so I got a long off season to bulk and work hard.

I am considered by most my freinds to be obsessive over my meals and workout. But Sweat + Sacrafice =Success!

Currently comeing off a long show season. Since last June I have stayed at any given point just a few weeks out from any show I decided to hit. My last show of this year was a 4 week prep to give ya an idea of how lean I stayed. And with 4 weeks I still one my class. But now I am not concered about being in contest shape. I wanna come in next year Bigger and Stronger. I was 201 lbs on stage last November, April 2014 I wanna be 211 on stage. Huge Goal!!!

So stay tuned. I will log the next few days until my Purus GO Gear arrives. D-Pol and Condense!

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1st! Kill it bud

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Sweet guys. Hope we have a fun trip in here. Now sign off for a bit. Me and the little guy and walking into Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters. Should be fun to watch. Surprised in a Friday after noon how many people are in here. Don't people work anymore.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
August 9, 2013

Weight: 227.4lbs
Bf%11-5-12

Lifts :
Big Three current, best max last bulk
Squats 295-5, best max-365
Deads 365- 5, best max- 415
Bench 275- 8, best max 365

Yesterday's workout:

Bicep and abs
Warm up
15 db curls each arm
15 db hammer curls each arm

Preacher Curl:
5 sets 5
1 drop set 8,6,6,6

Wide Grip Barbell Curl superset with Wide DB Curl
2 sets each

Close Grip Barbell Curl superset with Close DB Curl
2 sets each

Hammer Curl

5 sets 5

Tricep

Lying tricep extensions- skull crushers
5 sets 5
1 set single arm scull crusher with db (if you've never done theses give me a try when your done with normal crushers) they are deadly

Seated over head DB extension
3 sets 12

Reserve grip cable pull downs
3 sets 10

Rope pull downs
3 sets 12

Abs
Cable crouches
Oblique cable pulls
Hanging leg raises

Felt great yesterday. Busted out a great workout. It was really nice to have a really eager client with me. He is teen bony builder getting ready for his second show.

Diet was great yesterday.

Meal 1 egg white and turkey
Meal 2 supreme protein bar (at movies)
Meal 3 1 scoop pb, chicken broccoli
Workout
Meal 4 ABB Maxx Recovery - maltodextrin and isolate protein
Meal 5 chicken and spinach tortellini
Meal 6 fat free frozen yogurt with casein

Been doing this carb carb back loading for a few days now. I feel good in the gym, don't feel bloated from carbs or gluten during the day, my daily energy is high, my bf is not jumping up from all the simple carbs. Just a few cliff notes.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
August 10, 2013
Weight 227.4 lbs

Started off yesterday, with a cup of coffee and a trip to the beach with the family and some friends. It was a great day, plenty of sun and no rain. Got back from the beach, showered up and hit the gym. After the gym, the wife and I went out for dinner and this nice little Cuban place we have downtown. Then had to get home to get to bed so I could get up this morning for work. It really sucks to have to work on your day off. I hate lazy people. It seems I am always working for people not showing up, playing hookie, or that person whose grandmother has died ten times over the past year.

Training:
I had to make up Hamstrings because I got to the gym late after work and only did quads last leg day.

Standing Single Leg Curl:
2 sets warm up
5 sets 5

Straight Leg Deads:
5 sets 6-8

Good Mornings:
3 sets 8

Seated Leg Curl:
3 sest 8
1 drop set

Deads:
3 sets 5

Calves:
angled hack squat presses- 3 sets till failure
Barbell Raises on 3" platform- 3 sets till failure
Standing calve machine- 1 set light weight till failure

MEALS:
Meal -1 Supreme Protein Bar
Meal -2 Egg Whites, Turkey, Asparagus
Meal -3 Mixed Nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios)
WorkOut
Meal -4 Maxx Recovery by ABB
Meal -5 Grilled Chicken Breast, Onions, Yellow Rice, Black Beans, Green Plantains
Meal -6 Honey Nut Cheerios

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Non Training Day.

Woke up at 430 am to go to work. It was hat getting up this morning. I think my body knew it was my day off. I wanted to go back to bed so bad. But I kept trucking and made some good ot, I love it now that I am not salary. Much better making the dough for the hours then just flexing out a little here or there when it allows.

430- woke
530- BCAA - sipped on them until about 745
630- coffee
830- meal 1- stuffed pepper (turkey,duck eggs,onion,and black beans)
1100-BCAA sipped until after meal 2
1230- chicken breast, avocado, onion, and bell pepper
400pm- chicken and supreme protein bar
700pm- 2 chicken sausage, 2- turkey eggs
830pm- iso protein, pb

Not sure of the daily macros, I didn't map them out , but stayed low on carbs and fat were moderate and protein high.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
^ I agree this should be nice to follow.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
226.0 lbs

Yesterday, I was a bit tired throughout the. I think going low car yesterday caught up with me. Adding to that I didn't quite consume the amount of fat I probably should of to support any energy.
But, this did not effect my workout. I hit chest hard good sets, I felt a bit weak bit performance said otherwise, plus intensity was very high.

Workout: chest calves

Bench press:
2 warm up sets
2 sets of 10 at 225
4 sets of 5 at 275- concentration on eccentric portion
2 sets 10 at 225

Incline db close grip press- superseted with incline flies

3 sets 8 each

Cable flies-

Incline
Decline
Flat
2 sets each till failure

Hammer strength decline press-
3 sets of 8

Push up on medicine balls
Just felt like I wanted a little more so added this.

Skipped biceps due to getting of work 30 min late.

Calves-
3 sets of heavy till failure.

Diet-
450- wake up
650- coffee
700- BCAA sipped on for about two hours
1000- turkey, green beans
100pm chicken, green beans
430 pm beef asparagus
630 work out BCAA creatine
730- maltodextrin, whey isolate
815- rice, chicken, beans
900- whey isolate (2) scoops, 2 cups of cereal

Over all a good day. Not my heaviest, but chest was pumped. Overall I felt good.

Update later tonight on today.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
August 13, 2013

Weight: 226.2lbs

Overall I feel pretty good from CBL, strength, stamina, and energy levels are around norm. I need one of those all out crazy head smashing gym days. Lately, it seems I get in there start off strong with good intensity and then some douche bag wants to talk while I am working out. I wear headphones for a reason. Leave me the F*** alone. Hell sometimes I don't even turn my music on and I have them in just to ignore people. Gym is my time. If I am not training you and you are not my client what you want know can wait till I am done for the day.

Sorry about the rant. It's my biggest annoyance when person after person sands by you machine waiting for you to finish your set so they can talk.

But back to log. Physique looks ok with carb back loading. But you can tell post carbs the difference in vascularity then early morning next day. Pumped to add in some condense and d-pol. Weight has been pretty level on CBL and then non training day I dipped a bit. But just figured water storage from carbs. I definitely ate som simple post carbs last night lets see what tomorrow looks like weight wise

Shoulders
Over Head Press
2 warm up
5 sets of 5 - 2 plates each side
Superseted with
Hammer strength shrug
5 sets 10+ 3 plates a side

Reverse hand over head press
3 sets of 8-10
Superseted with
Lateral db fly
3 sets 10

Upright row
3 sets 10
Superseted with
Reverse db fly (rear delt)
3 sets 10

Reverse cable flies
3 sets 10
Single arm
1 set 15-20

Lateral raise
3 sets 10
2 sets hold on eccentric as long as possible for 5 reps

Finished an did not do abs due to people not leaving me alone. And running out of time.

Diet

430 wake
530 coffee
600 BCAA sipped on for about 2 hours
800 coffee
1030- beef/ green beans
1200 BCAA
230 egg whites/ turkey/ asparagus
345- coffee, whey, luecine -pre workout
4pm workout
550- waxy maize / whey iso
730- white rice/ teriyaki chicken
8 15 movies with wife popcorn raisinets
1100 pop tart /casein and small bowl of cereal

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Vascularity will definitely be on the rise once you combine Dpol and Condense.

I agree with you about the gym though! Can't stand anyone trying to talk to me or get in my way. Had two dudes just standing in front of the DB rack yesterday for like 10 minutes not doing anything but talking, hell not even flexing or anything. Finally just pushes my way in.

Feels good here where I am working out (really small town for an internship) though, feeling huge and cut compared to the rest. Awesome gym though weirdly enough. One of 2 in the town, the other is a YMCA.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Vascularity will definitely be on the rise once you combine Dpol and Condense.

I agree with you about the gym though! Can't stand anyone trying to talk to me or get in my way. Had two dudes just standing in front of the DB rack yesterday for like 10 minutes not doing anything but talking, hell not even flexing or anything. Finally just pushes my way in.

Feels good here where I am working out (really small town for an internship) though, feeling huge and cut compared to the rest. Awesome gym though weirdly enough. One of 2 in the town, the other is a YMCA.
Yeah we have Gold's, anytime fitness, and YMCA here. I use Gold's, but there are not what they use to be. I ve been there for 7 years. I switched the day they opened bc I was driving almost 45 min each way to a gym. When they opened here it was a good mix of power lifters, body builders, a few pro wrestlers, and then the average gym goer. They are slowly pushing everyone but average gym goers away.

I ve been lucky they really don't say much to me bc we own a business next to them and know the owners. So they kind of shy away from me. But I ve have freinds, two of which are IFBB pros (a couple the female is very introverted and shy) and they said she scared other females so they felt bat if she worked out some where else. She is the nicest sweetest girl too. Doesn't talk to anyone sticks to her self but is jacked. Scaring other females, give me a break.

Now, they don't want people to carry objects like water bottles, shakers, or belts around. Very weird. When I look all over the walls all I see is photos of the Mecca Venice Beach from the old days. Guys and girls flexing and lifting heavy weights. I think that is what golds is about and now they are changing to a cardio haven instead if a lifting facility.

I want a warehouse with no ac and loud a$$ music. No talking unless it motivating and lots if iron. I am old school I guess.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's a warehouse gym in my hometown. It's not super cheap and is mainly for athletes (not bodybuilders) but I love it when I workout there.

Hardcore music, no AC, strongman implements, no mirrors. Wish it was a little closer.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's a warehouse gym in my hometown. It's not super cheap and is mainly for athletes (not bodybuilders) but I love it when I workout there.

Hardcore music, no AC, strongman implements, no mirrors. Wish it was a little closer.
I wanna open one like that, soon.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
I wanna open one like that, soon.
I know. That'd be the life. I have a good friend that works out here at Gold's he is a old time power lifter. He's about 57-58 now. He always talks about gyms like that back in the 70's and early 80's.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That would be so sweet. Im soo tired of commercial gyms. Unfortunately thats all we have around here

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
That would be so sweet. Im soo tired of commercial gyms. Unfortunately thats all we have around here
It's funny we have a plaza that has a unit that has gym equipment from a gym that was open their about 10 yrs ago. No one has ever moved and I think all the time about looking into renting it. It's fully equipped with quality machines and about 3,200 sf. Not near as big as Golds but big enough to make a Down and Dirty Gym. But don't know if there is enough people to float it.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
August 14, 2013

226.2 lbs

So woke up today about 10 am. It was nice to sleep in, it's been a while. Woke up, weighed in, and ran a few errands. Got ready for the gym and realized I left my key to my wife's car in my truck and asked her to take my truck so I could take my son with me. Man I was upset, leg day and I was all thrown off. So I took a nice hour and a half nap till she got back home. Hit the gym and just nailed quads hard as I could. Figured I would leave hams for Friday or Saturday.

Quads

Squats
2 warmup sets
5 sets of 5
2 sets of 3
1 drop set

Leg extensions
3 sets of 10 - heavy and slow
Superseted with
Lunges
3 sets 10

Leg press
3 sets 10

Calves
5 sets heavy in hack machine

3 sets on standing calve machine

Diet

10 am woke up
1030 coffee - just FYI its with coconut milk and 10 grams whey iso
1130 coffee - same
100pm- chicken breast and broccoli
230- whey iso/ 1 Scp pb - suppose to be pre workout but that got delayed
430- quest bar
500- workout BCAA creatine
645- waxy maize and whey iso
815 white rice and chicken breast stir fry
930- frozen yogurt

Was surprised there has been no weight gain and 1.2 lbs loss. I feel like load tons of simple carbs. If you've read carb back loading its quite interesting. If not its definitely a book I d pick up. It was a very good read. Science portions are great. Even if you don't want to backload its worth the read.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
10am.... Sleeping in is not an option in my household. I envy the

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
10am.... Sleeping in is not an option in my household. I envy the
I understand that. It was such a treat. Wife left at 830 with my son and went with Grandma somewhere. It was great. I haven't stayed in bed till 10 am for a long time. Normally I am up early everyday. And my son wakes up before 7 on a regular basis.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I understand that. It was such a treat. Wife left at 830 with my son and went with Grandma somewhere. It was great. I haven't stayed in bed till 10 am for a long time. Normally I am up early everyday. And my son wakes up before 7 on a regular basis.
I just noticed something.... Ironclad is that in Orlando? Jamie your trainer?

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Yup I am up there during the week at 5am.

I don't train with him though.
I actually train at mount dora more then altamonte. I will train there maybe once a month.

Maybe we can hook up sometime and hit the iron.

Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
I actually train at mount dora more then altamonte. I will train there maybe once a month.

Maybe... I'd hate to hold ya back

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Budman7811

Budman7811

Awards
Picking up some BCAA across the street right now.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Facetoface

Facetoface

Awards
  • Established
Looks good! I always wear headphones so people don't start conversations with me while Im working out but doesn't always work. Put on my mean face lol

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established

Damn now thats an offer, wish i lived in the US.

No homo lol

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Damn now thats an offer, wish i lived in the US.

No homo lol
Ireland, That has to be one nice place to live. Trying to talk the wife in vacationing there next year.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Looks good! I always wear headphones so people don't start conversations with me while Im working out but doesn't always work. Put on my mean face lol
I think I need to work on my mean face.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Ireland, That has to be one nice place to live. Trying to talk the wife in vacationing there next year.
Its not the worst. Its just like most things you don't appreciate it and want to live somewhere else.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
August 15, 2013
226.6lbs

Yesterday was a little odd being off my normal schedule. I had to workout earlier and change up how I back loaded my carbs. Now that my body is use to back loading it seems my hunger is far less then normal. MY normal bulk is 6-7 meals a day 50g P/ 50g C per meal and total my daily fat around 60-70g. I normally cant wait till my next meal with that as I am always ready to eat.

Workout:
Back Day-

Bent Over Rows
2 warm up sets
5 working sets
1 drop set

T bar Row Close Grip:
3 sets 8
1 set pyramid down

Wide Grip Pull Downs:
2 light sets tight squeeze
2 sets heavy
1 set pyramid down from heavy

Reverse Grip Low Row
2 sets light
2 sets heavy
2 sets till exhaustion

Reverse Flies (rear delt)
3 sets moderate weight

Calves
5 sets seated calves
3 sets smith machine standing calves on box

Abs:
5 sets 50 crunches

I had some spare time so I mixed it up a little and did more drop and pyramid sets along with a couple extra working sets.

Diet:

8- woke up
9 am coffee
10 am coffee egg whites Canadian bacon
1145- quest bar
1230 work out bcaa
230 ISO Whey- no carbs as normal
400- White rice, Chicken Breast, Broccoli
630- Pork sandwhich- not BBQ, Cuban style
900- 2 bowls of CoCOa Crispies / 1 scoop casein 1/2 scp whey iso

weight has started to pick up, six pack still visible, veins are out post carbs like crazy, a bit in the morning and fade close to workout time. I can see them all protrude when under load though, especially tops of my forearms

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Have you gotten the goods yet?
Good Question and Great timing!!!!

Wife just called and said she picked a package up from the mailbox this morning and its marked PURUS.

SWEET, perfect timing for a Monday start, or maybe tomorrow. Yeah probably tomorrow. It's like having money in my pocket I have to spend it. Or having supplements in the closet I have to use them.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Wife just called and said she picked a package up from the mailbox this morning and its marked PURUS.

SWEET, perfect timing for a Monday start, or maybe tomorrow. Yeah probably tomorrow. It's like having money in my pocket I have to spend it. Or having supplements in the closet I have to use them.
Nice!! Im the same way lol

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Its not the worst. Its just like most things you don't appreciate it and want to live somewhere else.
Yeah, I think most people generally think the grass is greener on the opposite side.
I ve lived in quite a few places. Other then the summer heat, I enjoy Florida. But, I'd rather be hot then cold.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established

Photos or it never happened! Lol

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Man my Quads are so sore today. I had to walk up a flight of stairs and barely made it. DOMS is kicking in big time. I did quads on Wednesday; Wednesday night they were sore when I woke up. Thursday not too bad. Thursday evening a little sore. Last night, I woke up to use the bathroom and thought I was ging to have to crawl. All day today they have been sore. Much more then normal. I guess that's a good thing.