Jim gets a month of R+R from the FREAKS over at Finaflex

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's up AM, running another supplement log for y'all. This time it's the R+R stack from the Finaflex crew, big thanks to Dave for hooking me up.

Without further ado, lets get things going.

For those that don't know my names Jim, I just got out of the Army and just started competing in PLing. My first meet was the APF TX Challenge on August 3rd where I totaled a 1055 at 186.6 in the Open Raw.

Pulled second place with a 402 Squat, 251 Bench, and 402 Deadlift. The next meet is Oct. 19 in Plano for the APF TX Cup where'd I'm shooting for the TX records in Bench, Deadlift, and Total at 181 Junior Raw.

Supps:
Finaflex BCAA+SAA (sponsored)
Finaflex G8 (sponsored)
Finaflex Max Pump (personal)
Controlled Labs Green Magnitude (personal)

And I'll be alternating preworkouts between USPLabs Jack3d Micro, USPLabs Jack3d AF, and Purus Labs Muscle Marinade.

Diet:

I'll be doing a VERY mild cut down to 179-181 from my current 185. I don't track my calories much (no need) but I'll be cutting carbs (mildly) and tracking my weight throughout this log.

Last night was my first night with G8, I took a half scoop and it actually took me a while to fall asleep (wife was watching TV again) but I felt a kind of muscle relaxation about 20-30 minutes after taking it. Slept really deep, like really deep after I fell asleep. Woke up feeling energized, until I layer down to watch TV at 2 (woke up at 8) and passed out until 430-5.

Initial Taste: not pleasant :biglaugh:, as Sean put it, the flavor is very....earthy. It literally smells like dirt, taste is similar. But GD if it works I don't even care.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1st...yeah I stalk jim so what

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mixed mine with a scoop of the BCAA+SAA at the recommendation of the Finaflex gents and my green concoction tasted much much better than G8 by itself.

What flavor BCAA did you get? The apple tastes exactly like jolly rancher.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First workout update:

Aug. 7 : RE Upper

Pre: 4 caps Max Pump, 1.5 Scoop Jack3d Micro, 1 Scoop Green Magnitude
Intra: 1 Scoop BCAA/SAA

Bench Press: 185x8, 205x8
2 Board Bench: 225x4x2, 225x3 (disappointed. Wanted sets of 6, but its only the second time I've ever done it and it kept coming towards my head)

a1. HS High Row: 135x6, 115x6, 125x6
a2. Ball Pull-up: BWx6x2. Chin up: BWx6

Meadows Row: 50+Chain x5, 75+Chain x5

1 Arm Landmine OHP: 45x5, 90x5

Initial Review: taste is good, kind of sweet. Like a candy apple kind of flavor, refreshing although it took a while to get it watered down enough. I felt strong for this session, my right RC is a bit sore but nothing bad enough to be concerned about, had a pretty sexy pump today. Intra set recovery was good.

I have some video of the Meadows Row (I think that's what I did lol), couldn't figure out what to do with my other arm lol. Felt good overall.

Also, I am doing this on mobile right now as I don't get internet until Friday, so I will go a little more in depth after the internet is back up. :bigthumbup:

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
See above post
Lol I didn't get to even reserve my review spot....
I mixed mine with a scoop of the BCAA+SAA at the recommendation of the Finaflex gents and my green concoction tasted much much better than G8 by itself.

What flavor BCAA did you get? The apple tastes exactly like jolly rancher.
I don't wanna do that because I'll run out too soon!

And I got the apple as well.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol I know, me neither, but I didnt do **** today so I put that scoop to its flavorful use. I'll probably just shoot it with a few oz of water here on out. It's not terrible.

I always feel awkward as hell doing the Meadows rows lol

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lol I didn't get to even reserve my review spot....

And I got the apple as well.
I get bored at work lol.... are you uncapping your max pump? As for the meadows rows just relex your other arm on your oppisite leg

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Apple fusion tastes best with ice. Shaken, not stirred. Just throwing it out there. :)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol I know, me neither, but I didnt do **** today so I put that scoop to its flavorful use. I'll probably just shoot it with a few oz of water here on out. It's not terrible.

I always feel awkward as hell doing the Meadows rows lol
Its not awful, but not good either.

I definitely felt awkward.
I get bored at work lol.... are you uncapping your max pump? As for the meadows rows just relex your other arm on your oppisite leg
I didn't today, although I may next time to see how big of a difference there is.

Ima try that next time I do them.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
JB! better late than never eh? :D
thanks for your patience - off to a good start in here, look forward to following

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed...

I just put my hand on my knee when doing Meadows. What is a ball pull up?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what I was thinking. Lol

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JB! better late than never eh? :D
thanks for your patience - off to a good start in here, look forward to following
Lol, yeah I sat on the product a couple of days because I wasn't training until Wednesday.

subbed...

I just put my hand on my knee when doing Meadows. What is a ball pull up?
I'm gonna try that next time.

Pullups using these:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=223&pid=5649

Well, not exactly those. My gym has some hanging that aren't smooth like that, grab em and pull up.
Sounds painful
They are fun, in a strange way.

Smoked the grip after those 2 sets so I just did a set of regular chins (and my RC was being whiny)

Ill try to get a video next time.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Put some chains on those grenades and do tricep extensions. Good stuff

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Put some chains on those grenades and do tricep extensions. Good stuff
Maybe. If I can take them down, I'm not sure if they're locked there or not.

Its a Strongman competitors personal equipment.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't sleep.

Dunno why.

Might take another half scoop.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed ofcourse.....wonder how g8 will be according to Jim;)

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Sub'd!

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good to have you big guy.

I did.

I took another half scoop and passed out after about 30-45 minutes, woke up for my alarm and looked at it and said "nope" and went back to sleep.
lol....some just need more than others. Sounds like you had a good sleep.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol....some just need more than others. Sounds like you had a good sleep.
Got about 6 hours but woke up feeling pretty alert, although my body felt tired.

Feeling good now that I'm moving.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
yeah, sort of affects me like that as well jim
there is nothing in existence, that will give me a "nationally recognized as needed" 8hrs sleep/night - period
i have long not required (or been able to accomplish for that matter) long extended sleep, my body is just wired that way..i think this changes when i was teens, prior to that i was deep sleeper/needed my min 8hrs; now, 6hrs is ~average, and really all i need to be refreshed and recharged
where i do notice the difference hugely however, is in the ability to be able to fall asleep to begin with, and the soundness with which i do sleep once i get there..a very light sleeper usually, i can go thru entire nights w/o waking up while on G8 (well - except if i have to pee or something :p)
and even when i only get 4-5hrs sleep on G8, i still awaken energetic and ready to roll, pop outta bed like toast coming out of the toaster ;)

big fan of this product, have never really experienced anything like it that is so consistently noticeable and effective, insofar as sleep products go

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Meadows rows are awesome. I just put my hand on my quad or knee.

Apple Fusion is delicious and half a scoop of G8 puts me out like a light!

Good looking log thus far bro.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only issue I have with Meadow's rows is when the bar starts to twist when using a heavier load. Makes it hard to maintain grip. Started using straps for them and they helped immensely. Great exercise. If you keep your hand off of your quad, you'll engage the core a little more. I cheat and use my quad sometimes though.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Only issue I have with Meadow's rows is when the bar starts to twist when using a heavier load. Makes it hard to maintain grip. Started using straps for them and they helped immensely. Great exercise. If you keep your hand off of your quad, you'll engage the core a little more. I cheat and use my quad sometimes though.
Yeah, I use them to try to work the core as an anti-rotation exercise as well.

I was looking for straps (because I forgot mine) but just used a thumbless grip and it worked out OK.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit the hill today at my old high school, wasn't really tight so I didn't do any mobility stuff before hand.

Talked to some of my old football coaches, one was a Major in the Army so we talked a little bit. Got a lot of comments about how much thicker I was, hell last time I talked to them I weighed 145 pounds (which they remembered, 3 years later!)

Anyway, the training:

Pre: 4 caps Max Pump, 2 caps Uncut
Intra: half scoop BCAA/SAA (put a whole scoop, but didn't finish the drink and have half left to mix with G8 tonight)

Workout:
8 x Hill Sprint

The hill:

ForumRunner_20130808_142623.png

Felt good, sprinted up walked down and sprinted back up. Worked up a good sweat, got the heart rate up. Working on my speed today, conditioning is high right now. Not too out of breath (and uncut always helps to open up the airway for me).

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I am glad to see you refer to that as a hill..ppl in northern Indiana would call that a mountain :biglaugh:

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am glad to see you refer to that as a hill..ppl in northern Indiana would call that a mountain :biglaugh:
It's real flat out in Indiana? I've only ever passed through on the way to Michigan (family lives up there)

There were some real mmonster hills we ran back on Ft. Bragg, but I much prefer the one at the HS. Hell, I've run on that hill for damn near 6 years lol.
Oh hai!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
It's real flat out in Indiana? I've only ever passed through on the way to Michigan (family lives up there)
Mostly flat, especially northern - that's some seriously flat land, never been to the great plains, but I could imagine it would be similar. There's a bit more interesting terrain getting closer to the river in southern IN, but nothing I'd call a mountain.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in on this too....

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Mostly flat, especially northern - that's some seriously flat land, never been to the great plains, but I could imagine it would be similar. There's a bit more interesting terrain getting closer to the river in southern IN, but nothing I'd call a mountain.
exactly man - southern Indiana is totally different than the layout up north here - they actually have some pretty beautiful views/nature settings, vs up here it's like all corn :p
I actually refer to southern Indiana as northern Kentucky tho :lol:
both in terrain, and the ppl's different, um, outlook in life down that way

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
exactly man - southern Indiana is totally different than the layout up north here - they actually have some pretty beautiful views/nature settings, vs up here it's like all corn :p
I actually refer to southern Indiana as northern Kentucky tho :lol:
both in terrain, and the ppl's different, um, outlook in life down that way
Yeah ... understandable. There was a story in the paper from around there, some sorta homicide, but I.quote "...her friend, cousin, and sometimes lover...." .....um....yeah... :/

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ummm...is that pre or post digestion?? Lol What are we looking at there?

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How do you like the protein? I just snagged some myself.
That's my second jug of Vanilla. Tastes great, good quality blend, and if you can find it for a good price its worth the buy.

I also have two chocolate that my wife drinks. Its the only protein she can stand to drink.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ummm...is that pre or post digestion?? Lol What are we looking at there?
Sweet potato with cinnamon, protein drink, half a chicken thigh (6 oz) with a slice of provolone melted on top.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet potato with cinnamon, protein drink, half a chicken thigh (6 oz) with a slice of provolone melted on top.
I like food that looks like vomit, that way I know what it'll look like in case I can't stomach it.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do mine on a T bar row machine, works out amazingly well. The barbell version works well though too.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do mine on a T bar row machine, works out amazingly well. The barbell version works well though too.
That's how I was doing them as well.