Jim gets a month of R+R from the FREAKS over at Finaflex - AnabolicMinds.com

Jim gets a month of R+R from the FREAKS over at Finaflex

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
  1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Jim gets a month of R+R from the FREAKS over at Finaflex

What's up AM, running another supplement log for y'all. This time it's the R+R stack from the Finaflex crew, big thanks to Dave for hooking me up.

Without further ado, lets get things going.

For those that don't know my names Jim, I just got out of the Army and just started competing in PLing. My first meet was the APF TX Challenge on August 3rd where I totaled a 1055 at 186.6 in the Open Raw.

Pulled second place with a 402 Squat, 251 Bench, and 402 Deadlift. The next meet is Oct. 19 in Plano for the APF TX Cup where'd I'm shooting for the TX records in Bench, Deadlift, and Total at 181 Junior Raw.

Supps:
    Finaflex BCAA+SAA (sponsored)
    Finaflex G8 (sponsored)
    Finaflex Max Pump (personal)
    Controlled Labs Green Magnitude (personal)

And I'll be alternating preworkouts between USPLabs Jack3d Micro, USPLabs Jack3d AF, and Purus Labs Muscle Marinade.

Diet:

I'll be doing a VERY mild cut down to 179-181 from my current 185. I don't track my calories much (no need) but I'll be cutting carbs (mildly) and tracking my weight throughout this log.

Last night was my first night with G8, I took a half scoop and it actually took me a while to fall asleep (wife was watching TV again) but I felt a kind of muscle relaxation about 20-30 minutes after taking it. Slept really deep, like really deep after I fell asleep. Woke up feeling energized, until I layer down to watch TV at 2 (woke up at 8) and passed out until 430-5.

Initial Taste: not pleasant , as Sean put it, the flavor is very....earthy. It literally smells like dirt, taste is similar. But GD if it works I don't even care.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

1st...yeah I stalk jim so what
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reserved for Final Review.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    1st
    ....how did you do that????
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

....how did you do that????
    See above post
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I mixed mine with a scoop of the BCAA+SAA at the recommendation of the Finaflex gents and my green concoction tasted much much better than G8 by itself.

What flavor BCAA did you get? The apple tastes exactly like jolly rancher.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  7. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

First workout update:

Aug. 7 : RE Upper

Pre: 4 caps Max Pump, 1.5 Scoop Jack3d Micro, 1 Scoop Green Magnitude
    Intra: 1 Scoop BCAA/SAA

Bench Press: 185x8, 205x8
    2 Board Bench: 225x4x2, 225x3 (disappointed. Wanted sets of 6, but its only the second time I've ever done it and it kept coming towards my head)

a1. HS High Row: 135x6, 115x6, 125x6
    a2. Ball Pull-up: BWx6x2. Chin up: BWx6

Meadows Row: 50+Chain x5, 75+Chain x5

1 Arm Landmine OHP: 45x5, 90x5

Initial Review: taste is good, kind of sweet. Like a candy apple kind of flavor, refreshing although it took a while to get it watered down enough. I felt strong for this session, my right RC is a bit sore but nothing bad enough to be concerned about, had a pretty sexy pump today. Intra set recovery was good.

I have some video of the Meadows Row (I think that's what I did lol), couldn't figure out what to do with my other arm lol. Felt good overall.

Also, I am doing this on mobile right now as I don't get internet until Friday, so I will go a little more in depth after the internet is back up. :bigthumbup:
  8. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

See above post
    Lol I didn't get to even reserve my review spot....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I mixed mine with a scoop of the BCAA+SAA at the recommendation of the Finaflex gents and my green concoction tasted much much better than G8 by itself.

What flavor BCAA did you get? The apple tastes exactly like jolly rancher.
    I don't wanna do that because I'll run out too soon!

And I got the apple as well.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

lol I know, me neither, but I didnt do **** today so I put that scoop to its flavorful use. I'll probably just shoot it with a few oz of water here on out. It's not terrible.

I always feel awkward as hell doing the Meadows rows lol
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Lol I didn't get to even reserve my review spot....

And I got the apple as well.
    I get bored at work lol.... are you uncapping your max pump? As for the meadows rows just relex your other arm on your oppisite leg
    Purus labs Rep
  11. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Apple fusion tastes best with ice. Shaken, not stirred. Just throwing it out there.
    Squats do a booty good.
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

lol I know, me neither, but I didnt do **** today so I put that scoop to its flavorful use. I'll probably just shoot it with a few oz of water here on out. It's not terrible.

I always feel awkward as hell doing the Meadows rows lol
    Its not awful, but not good either.

I definitely felt awkward.

I get bored at work lol.... are you uncapping your max pump? As for the meadows rows just relex your other arm on your oppisite leg
    I didn't today, although I may next time to see how big of a difference there is.

Ima try that next time I do them.
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sub'd
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

JB! better late than never eh?
    thanks for your patience - off to a good start in here, look forward to following
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

subbed...

I just put my hand on my knee when doing Meadows. What is a ball pull up?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    What is a ball pull up?
    Sounds painful
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

That's what I was thinking. Lol
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    JB! better late than never eh?
    thanks for your patience - off to a good start in here, look forward to following
    Lol, yeah I sat on the product a couple of days because I wasn't training until Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    subbed...

I just put my hand on my knee when doing Meadows. What is a ball pull up?
    I'm gonna try that next time.

Pullups using these:

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=223&pid=5649

Well, not exactly those. My gym has some hanging that aren't smooth like that, grab em and pull up.

Sounds painful
    They are fun, in a strange way.

Smoked the grip after those 2 sets so I just did a set of regular chins (and my RC was being whiny)

Ill try to get a video next time.
  19. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Not first
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Not first
    Hell, I was barely first the way Dan was posting.
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Put some chains on those grenades and do tricep extensions. Good stuff
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Put some chains on those grenades and do tricep extensions. Good stuff
    Maybe. If I can take them down, I'm not sure if they're locked there or not.

Its a Strongman competitors personal equipment.
  23. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Can't sleep.

Dunno why.

Might take another half scoop.
  24. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Subbed ofcourse.....wonder how g8 will be according to Jim
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sub'd!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Can't sleep.

Dunno why.

Might take another half scoop.
    Guess you fell asleep
    Olympus labs Rep
  27. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Sub'd!
    Good to have you big guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post

Guess you fell asleep
    I did.

I took another half scoop and passed out after about 30-45 minutes, woke up for my alarm and looked at it and said "nope" and went back to sleep.
  28. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Good to have you big guy.

I did.

I took another half scoop and passed out after about 30-45 minutes, woke up for my alarm and looked at it and said "nope" and went back to sleep.
    lol....some just need more than others. Sounds like you had a good sleep.
    Olympus labs Rep
  29. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post

lol....some just need more than others. Sounds like you had a good sleep.
    Got about 6 hours but woke up feeling pretty alert, although my body felt tired.

Feeling good now that I'm moving.
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

yeah, sort of affects me like that as well jim
    there is nothing in existence, that will give me a "nationally recognized as needed" 8hrs sleep/night - period
    i have long not required (or been able to accomplish for that matter) long extended sleep, my body is just wired that way..i think this changes when i was teens, prior to that i was deep sleeper/needed my min 8hrs; now, 6hrs is ~average, and really all i need to be refreshed and recharged
    where i do notice the difference hugely however, is in the ability to be able to fall asleep to begin with, and the soundness with which i do sleep once i get there..a very light sleeper usually, i can go thru entire nights w/o waking up while on G8 (well - except if i have to pee or something )
    and even when i only get 4-5hrs sleep on G8, i still awaken energetic and ready to roll, pop outta bed like toast coming out of the toaster

big fan of this product, have never really experienced anything like it that is so consistently noticeable and effective, insofar as sleep products go
  31. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Meadows rows are awesome. I just put my hand on my quad or knee.

Apple Fusion is delicious and half a scoop of G8 puts me out like a light!

Good looking log thus far bro.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  32. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Only issue I have with Meadow's rows is when the bar starts to twist when using a heavier load. Makes it hard to maintain grip. Started using straps for them and they helped immensely. Great exercise. If you keep your hand off of your quad, you'll engage the core a little more. I cheat and use my quad sometimes though.
  33. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Only issue I have with Meadow's rows is when the bar starts to twist when using a heavier load. Makes it hard to maintain grip. Started using straps for them and they helped immensely. Great exercise. If you keep your hand off of your quad, you'll engage the core a little more. I cheat and use my quad sometimes though.
    Yeah, I use them to try to work the core as an anti-rotation exercise as well.

I was looking for straps (because I forgot mine) but just used a thumbless grip and it worked out OK.
  34. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Hit the hill today at my old high school, wasn't really tight so I didn't do any mobility stuff before hand.

Talked to some of my old football coaches, one was a Major in the Army so we talked a little bit. Got a lot of comments about how much thicker I was, hell last time I talked to them I weighed 145 pounds (which they remembered, 3 years later!)

Anyway, the training:

Pre: 4 caps Max Pump, 2 caps Uncut
    Intra: half scoop BCAA/SAA (put a whole scoop, but didn't finish the drink and have half left to mix with G8 tonight)

Workout:
    8 x Hill Sprint

The hill:

Name:  ForumRunner_20130808_142623.png
Views: 69
Size:  703.2 KB

Felt good, sprinted up walked down and sprinted back up. Worked up a good sweat, got the heart rate up. Working on my speed today, conditioning is high right now. Not too out of breath (and uncut always helps to open up the airway for me).
  35. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

I am glad to see you refer to that as a hill..ppl in northern Indiana would call that a mountain
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Sub'd
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  37. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    I am glad to see you refer to that as a hill..ppl in northern Indiana would call that a mountain
    It's real flat out in Indiana? I've only ever passed through on the way to Michigan (family lives up there)

There were some real mmonster hills we ran back on Ft. Bragg, but I much prefer the one at the HS. Hell, I've run on that hill for damn near 6 years lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    Sub'd
    Oh hai!
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

It's real flat out in Indiana? I've only ever passed through on the way to Michigan (family lives up there)
    Mostly flat, especially northern - that's some seriously flat land, never been to the great plains, but I could imagine it would be similar. There's a bit more interesting terrain getting closer to the river in southern IN, but nothing I'd call a mountain.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I'm in on this too....
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by LizKing531 View Post
    Mostly flat, especially northern - that's some seriously flat land, never been to the great plains, but I could imagine it would be similar. There's a bit more interesting terrain getting closer to the river in southern IN, but nothing I'd call a mountain.
    exactly man - southern Indiana is totally different than the layout up north here - they actually have some pretty beautiful views/nature settings, vs up here it's like all corn
    I actually refer to southern Indiana as northern Kentucky tho
    both in terrain, and the ppl's different, um, outlook in life down that way

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 11:17 PM
  2. Getting 250mg of Test-E from the vial
    By Atheloop in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 04:18 PM
  3. Best for getting rid of existing gyno from Test/Tren?
    By hardlyworkin in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 04:25 AM
  4. Getting Rid of Gyno-fat from test E/EQ
    By mike49 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 12:33 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 02:45 PM