Jim gets a month of R+R from the FREAKS over at Finaflex

Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Did Z Pressing the Swiss bar make you feel like you were going to fall on your face?
    No, although I almost went back on one of the reps.

The Swiss bar adds a little more stability to it because of the way it likes to turn.

2. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

No, although I almost went back on one of the reps.

The Swiss bar adds a little more stability to it because of the way it likes to turn.
    Hm. I thought the thickness of it would move the COG away from you. I've never used one.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Hm. I thought the thickness of it would move the COG away from you. I've never used one.
    By stability I meant stability required to execute the lift (just read what I wrote and it didn't make sense.)

It almost knocked me backwards one time today, but it likes to rotate back and forth (when holding the center of the vertical bars) which adds a lot of wrist/shoulder stability requirement to do.

COG didn't feel much different but that could be just me compensating for it subconsciously.

4. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

By stability I meant stability required to execute the lift (just read why I wrote and it didn't make sense.)

It almost knocked me backwards one time today, but it like to rotate back and forth (when holding the center of the vertical bars) which adds a lot of wrist/shoulder stability requirement to do.

COG didn't feel much different but that could be just me compensating for it subconsciously.
    I figured you meant you needed more stability. Wrist and shoulder stability is pretty good, though. I've yet to see someone with an impressive bench that didn't have impressive forearms and delts.
    Training log:

5. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

I figured you meant you needed more stability. Wrist and shoulder stability is pretty good, though. I've yet to see someone with an impressive bench that didn't have impressive forearms and delts.
    Well that explains why I don't have an impressive bench

6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

Well that explains why I don't have an impressive bench
    Lol, check back with me in 2,5,8,10, and 15 years.
    Training log:

7. Jealous of the Swiss bar! Althogh I did use my log yesterday

Ive been double scoopin Micro also..
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Session and video to cone later, but for now....

Dinner:

Attachment 88692
    yum!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

9. Mon- ME Lower

Warm-up: Limber 11, Work up to 185 x 3

Pre: 2 Jack3d Micro, 4 Max Pump, 1 Green Magnitude
    Intra: 1.5 BCAA/SAA

Box Squat: 225 x 3, 255 x 3, 275 x 3 (PR)

Big PR with straight weight, form looked good. Shins could have been a little more vertical last set but everything else looked right today.

High Bar Oly Squat: 225 x 6, 255 x 6, 285 x 6

Good Morning w/ Oly Shoe: 225 x 8, 205 x 10

Missed my prescribe reps first set, dropped the weight and hit the next set.

Meadows Rows: 50 x 15

a1. Walking DB Lunge: 120 (2 60's) x 8 x 2 (per leg)
    a2. Hypers: +45 x 15 x 2

Video will be up in ~10 minutes: http://youtu.be/ffaWxzxvMB4

Ouch. Hurtin today, legs were worn out after this one. Ended up refilling my cup and putting more BCAA in it after the GM's, finished that right after the SS.

Feeling good lately, very little DOMS if any at all for most of the latter half of the week. Sleep has been good, I've used just under 1 scoop the last couple times I've used it. It hits a lot harder with 1 scoop than 1/2. Still tastes awful, but it's easier to put down after using it for a little while. Figure I have a couple days worth of product left, maybe a little more. So I will most likely have the final reviews up by the end of the week.

10. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Mon- ME Lower

Warm-up: Limber 11, Work up to 185 x 3

Pre: 2 Jack3d Micro, 4 Max Pump, 1 Green Magnitude
    Intra: 1.5 BCAA/SAA

Box Squat: 225 x 3, 255 x 3, 275 x 3 (PR)

Big PR with straight weight, form looked good. Shins could have been a little more vertical last set but everything else looked right today.

High Bar Oly Squat: 225 x 6, 255 x 6, 285 x 6

Good Morning w/ Oly Shoe: 225 x 8, 205 x 10

Missed my prescribe reps first set, dropped the weight and hit the next set.

Meadows Rows: 50 x 15

a1. Walking DB Lunge: 120 (2 60's) x 8 x 2 (per leg)
    a2. Hypers: +45 x 15 x 2

Video will be up in ~10 minutes: http://youtu.be/ffaWxzxvMB4

Ouch. Hurtin today, legs were worn out after this one. Ended up refilling my cup and putting more BCAA in it after the GM's, finished that right after the SS.

Feeling good lately, very little DOMS if any at all for most of the latter half of the week. Sleep has been good, I've used just under 1 scoop the last couple times I've used it. It hits a lot harder with 1 scoop than 1/2. Still tastes awful, but it's easier to put down after using it for a little while. Figure I have a couple days worth of product left, maybe a little more. So I will most likely have the final reviews up by the end of the week.
    The Freaks are currently working on changing up the flavoring system with G8.
    Phenibut is soooooo hard to mask hence the reasoning behind most sleep aids being in capsule form. We're gonna nail it though.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    The Freaks are currently working on changing up the flavoring system with G8.
    Phenibut is soooooo hard to mask hence the reasoning behind most sleep aids being in capsule form. We're gonna nail it though.
    yeah when I was talking with the owners and told them I mix a scoop of apple-fusion BCAA+SAA with my G8, they were like
    got them to thinking and wondering why they hadn't thought of it before, is an easy fix and low-cost move to make....so, I believe we will see this apple-fusion flav G8 coming, is my guess..
    we are also going to be packaging with 40 servings per container now, instead of 20 -- at no addtl cost increase!

12. Awesome work in here Jim, love the vids!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

13. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    yeah when I was talking with the owners and told them I mix a scoop of apple-fusion BCAA+SAA with my G8, they were like
    got them to thinking and wondering why they hadn't thought of it before, is an easy fix and low-cost move to make....so, I believe we will see this apple-fusion flav G8 coming, is my guess..
    we are also going to be packaging with 40 servings per container now, instead of 20 -- at no addtl cost increase!
    LET ME KNOW WHEN THIS HAPPENS....i might finally break down and buy some, g8 has been on my to try list forever!!!
    WELL DONE IS BETTER THAN WELL SAID

14. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    LET ME KNOW WHEN THIS HAPPENS....i might finally break down and buy some, g8 has been on my to try list forever!!!
    ahaa, will do tom
    btw - you be happy to know, I have convinced the owners to go away from the release requirement for sponsored logs, going forward
    actually been a done deal for awhile now, but this is first opportunity I've had to let you know

15. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ahaa, will do tom
    btw - you be happy to know, I have convinced the owners to go away from the release requirement for sponsored logs, going forward
    actually been a done deal for awhile now, but this is first opportunity I've had to let you know
    This will make him very happy.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    ahaa, will do tom
    having principles is not always so easy, lol.....i have been avoiding finaflex for this reason-even though i have seen some seriously interesting stuff coming from you guys!!!

i really am glad to see this change of heart....

17. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    Hopefully it works well (the flavoring that is).
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Awesome work in here Jim, love the vids!
    Thanks buddy, really makes me stay accountable when I prove I do what I say lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post

Its worth it.

having principles is not always so easy, lol.....i have been avoiding finaflex for this reason-even though i have seen some seriously interesting stuff coming from you guys!!!

Meh, I never minded that personally.

18. Sept 17 : Speed Work

Warm-up: Mash IT Band, Add., Ham, Quad. LAX Ball Glute. Dynamic Track Warmup

Pre: 1 Scoop Jack3d Micro, 4 Max Pump, 1 Green Mag
    Intra: BCAA/SAA

Step Back Sprints: 5 x 30 yds

Med. Ball Chases: 5 x 30 yds

Broad Jump -> Sprint: 4 x 15 yds

LAX Ball Catches: 5 x 20 yds.

Got 1 today, missed the other 4. Dang.

Speed Work Sept 17 - YouTube

Notes: Feeling pretty good today, a little soreness in the glutes from yesterday but barely noticeable. Didn't take much to get warm today so we didn't waste any time before getting started. Everything was pretty good, reaction time could have been better, probably woulda caught more of them if it was.

19. nice work JB - lovin the vids (still)!

cool mang
    yeah I been lobbying for this since I got this position, but for a minute the owners were just adamant that this is how it was gonna be done, and were really amazed and boggled when I told them no other company was requiring such maneuvers
    while I understand the premise, and it's really not too big a deal in the overall scheme of things -- when you're me or one of our reps, and you're doing as many promos as we do, it gets tedious as hell to keep track of these things..was driving me nuts!

anyway, glad you aer happy camper - I expect to see you in our next promo thread now

20. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

This will make him very happy.
    Have a feeling we'll be seeing him soon

And more than welcome ofcourse
    OLYMPUS UK REP

21. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    nice work JB - lovin the vids (still)!

cool mang
    yeah I been lobbying for this since I got this position, but for a minute the owners were just adamant that this is how it was gonna be done, and were really amazed and boggled when I told them no other company was requiring such maneuvers
    while I understand the premise, and it's really not too big a deal in the overall scheme of things -- when you're me or one of our reps, and you're doing as many promos as we do, it gets tedious as hell to keep track of these things..was driving me nuts!

anyway, glad you aer happy camper - I expect to see you in our next promo thread now
    indeed!!!

you training for a specific sport jim, or just improving overall fitness and endurance?

22. Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    Have a feeling we'll be seeing him soon
    does serena have 5 oclock shadow......
    And more than welcome ofcourse
    thanks!!!

23. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post

indeed!!!

you training for a specific sport jim, or just improving overall fitness and endurance?
    Specifically PLing/Strongman, but I do the speed work because I have ambitions of playing college ball and need to stay quick to do it.

24. does serena have 5 oclock shadow......

LMAO wtf where did that come from?

25. Lol, I don't even know what that means....

Anyway, just under a full scoop last night. Didn't fall asleep for hours, but slept like the dead once I finally went under. Which seems to be the norm.

And today:

ME Upper:

Warmup: Simple 6, EFS Pullapart Series x 1

Pre: 4 Max Pump, 2 Jack3d Micro, 1 Green Magnitude
    Intra: 1 BCAA/SAA

Floor Press: 205 x 2, 225 x 2, 235 x 2 (with some major butt lift, so 225 x 2 is the heaviest I did right)

Incline Bench Press: 135 x 6, 155 x 6, 175 x 4, 155 x 6

a1. Fat Bar Cable Row: 100 x 8, 120 x 8, 140 x 8
    a2. High Pulley Face Pull: 90 x 12, 110 x 12 x 2

b1. 1 Arm Landmine Press: 50 x 8, 75 x 8
    b2. Band Pushdown: Green x 15 x 2

1 Arm Rope Curl: 30 x 10, 40 x 10

http://youtu.be/5m63muhAc2o

Good workout. Oh and CHECK OUT THAT SHIRT! Hadn't worn it for a while, but I found it today and wore it.

Pumped up, and those facepulls were ridiculously painful. Which can be seen by my facial expressions, band pushdowns were no better for this.

Last set of the Landmine Presses were a little ugly, but whatever. Lower the weight next time and do them better.

26. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Lol, I don't even know what that means....
    you don't know who serena Williams is? dude, you live under a rock, or what?
    tom slipped that in outta nowhere tho, I don't have a clue where it came from

Oh and CHECK OUT THAT SHIRT!
    yeahhh buddy, nice

27. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    you don't know who serena Williams is? dude, you live under a rock, or what?
    tom slipped that in outta nowhere tho, I don't have a clue where it came from

yeahhh buddy, nice
    I've been asked that before.

I don't watch a lot of TV or anything like that. Except for football.

28. Dude, whatever that camera was doing was making me seasick, and I've put in some boat time. Have you tried floor pressing with your legs flat? It eliminates the leg drive, but it can be a little too unstable for a ME day. Looked like those inclines were tough to stabilize. Probably a good thing to keep working on. I need to do, like, thousands of inclines. I used to be excellent at them.
    Training log:

29. Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Dude, whatever that camera was doing was making me seasick, and I've put in some boat time. Have you tried floor pressing with your legs flat? It eliminates the leg drive, but it can be a little too unstable for a ME day. Looked like those inclines were tough to stabilize. Probably a good thing to keep working on. I need to do, like, thousands of inclines. I used to be excellent at them.

I did floor press with legs flat leading up to it, but the squat stands were moved in the way so I couldn't extend them out.

My inclines or hers?

We hadn't inclined in a while, and the bar hurt her shoulder so she switched to dumbbells. Her later sets were better, but she didn't want them on video.

30. I was referring to yours. See your elbows swinging back and forth under the bar? It's subtle, but it's there. A hard set of dumbbell pressing will always nuke the stabilizers.
    Training log:

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-27-2012, 12:17 AM
  2. Getting 250mg of Test-E from the vial
    By Atheloop in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 05:18 PM
  3. Best for getting rid of existing gyno from Test/Tren?
    By hardlyworkin in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 05:25 AM
  4. Getting Rid of Gyno-fat from test E/EQ
    By mike49 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 01:33 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 03:45 PM