Jim gets a month of R+R from the FREAKS over at Finaflex - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 4

Jim gets a month of R+R from the FREAKS over at Finaflex

Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
  1. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    scary sh1t eh brah?
    Extremely lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    WTH how did I get drug into the same category as 1life lol
    Guilty by association... happens to the best of 'em
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yesterday's update:

Conditioning-

Pre: 4 Caps Max Pump
    Intra: 1 Scoop BCAA/SAA

Warm-up: Limber 11

6 x Hill Sprints
    2 x Down Hill Sprints

Felt good, was running fast and pouring off sweat. Nothing special, but got my legs feeling good for today and got my heart rate up.

ME Upper:

Pre: 4 Caps Max Pump, 1 Scoop Green Magnitude, 1.5 Scoop Jack3d Micro

Intra: BCAA/SAA (I'm really enjoying this stuff thus far, I feel like I'm recovering very well at this point.)

Warm-Up: Simple 6, Band work for the RC

Work up to 205 x 2

Work sets: Bench Press: 225 x 2, 245 x 1 (failed on second)

Dips: +45 x 8 x 2, BW x 8 (tendinitis flare up today, really messed with my dips)

a1. Kroc Row: 80 x 12 x 3
    a2. Cable Pull Apart: 20 x 10 x 3

b1. DB French Press: 60 x 8, 70 x 6
    b2. Lateral Raise: 25 x 8 x 2

Poundstone Curl: Bar x 35 (Holy christ I'm a little girl, these hurt a lot! P.S. not tendinitis pain, the pump)

Felt good, wanted 245 x 2 but it wasn't gonna happen today. Meh, not worried about it. Everything went pretty well, not feeling any worse for the wear right now. Actually feeling really good, no aches or pains right now. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow DLing for Reps.... :shudder:
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Poundstone Curl?
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Poundstone Curl?
    Derek Poundstone does high rep (50-100) curls at the end of a lot of his training sessions. He uses 135, but mere mortals often start with the bar.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/230377-13-weeks-rps.html
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

Derek Poundstone does high rep (50-100) curls at the end of a lot of his training sessions. He uses 135, but mere mortals often start with the bar.
    My brother thought they were gonna be easy and he'd get 100.

He did 25.

I thought I'd get 50.

No, no, no, no.......
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Straight sets of 100? Brutal...
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Your brother is going to be sore again.

As far as the BCAA/SAA, it's a solid product. I noticed a difference from what I was using prior to it and that was enough to make me a believer.
    Folks can point to as many studies as they want to discredit something, but if it works, it works.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

My brother thought they were gonna be easy and he'd get 100.

He did 25.

I thought I'd get 50.

No, no, no, no.......
    They're frickin hard. I did them with the squat bar the other day just because. I think I got 20. I squeeze at the top for the first few, then pound straight through, and then start cheating. Cheat curls with the bar....
    Training log:
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post

They're frickin hard. I did them with the squat bar the other day just because. I think I got 20. I squeeze at the top for the first few, then pound straight through, and then start cheating. Cheat curls with the bar....
    I didn't do any cheating, or crazy squeezing.

Slight lean forward at the waist throughout the entire exercise and just keep pumping them out until I couldn't.
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I didn't do any cheating, or crazy squeezing.

Slight lean forward at the waist throughout the entire exercise and just keep pumping them out until I couldn't.
    I might have to pump them out this next time. I'm so conditioned to make light weights heavy from Joe Weider's brainwashing.
    Training log:
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

RE Lower day, how I despise thee.....

Aug 22.

Pre: 1.5 Scoop Jack3d Micro, 4 Caps Max Pump, 1 Scoop Green Magnitude
    Intra: BCAA/SAA

Warm-up: Limber 11, Simple 6 Con. Deadlift work up to 315 x 3

Work: 335 x 8 x 2

Good Mornings: 225 x 6, 245 x 6, 265 x 6

a1. Landmine Barbell Twist: 20 x 6, 20 x 8 (per side)
    a2. Front Foot Elevated Split Squat: 60 x 8 x 2 (per leg)
    a3. Standing Cable Crunch: 70 x 10, 80 x 10

And done. The Deadlifts were BRUTAL, and I got both sets on video. Some were good, some were ugly. But, I think they are all white lights

Upper back was TIGHT today, from the work yesterday. Feeling good, hammies and glutes are DONE. And I really felt them on my sets of DL, no issues with lower back cramping (I rarely, if ever, have this kind of issue). So I'm feeling good.

Bout to eat some spaghetti and meatballs (pictures come later, they're on the phone) and the videos are uploading so those will get posted in a little bit.

Either tonight, or possibly tomorrow, I will give a halfway update on what I'm noticing from the supps I'm taking.
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Endurance: My endurance is up right now, in comparison to my baseline endurance, it has been very obviously improved since starting this log. I would attribute most of this to the betaine and the nitrates from Max Pump (and a little extra TMG from Green Mag) but the intra set recovery that I get from the BCAA/SAA is most definitely adding to this.

Strength: I'm getting consistently stronger, which could very easily be a sign that I'm recovering well enough to continue to add weight to the bar. Regardless, I think the BCAA/SAA and Max Pump are definitely helping here (ergogenic benefits from the acute dosage, and overall saturation, of the nitrates and betaine).

Recovery: Well, this is the one we're all here for isn't it? I'm recovering very quickly, at this point it would seem that I recover a little faster than I do when I regularly train with BCAA + Carb mixture intra training. I expected my performance to take a bit of a shot from getting rid of the carbs intra workout, but so far it hasn't made much of a difference. Besides that; I just feel recharged when I drink it in between sets. Hard to explain really.

Rest: Ok, so this one has to be about as important as recovery. I sleep extremely deeply on the nights I use the G8. I noticed some other loggers say they get a calming effect from it, and I can say that I've noticed that a handful of times, but usually not. It doesn't knock me straight out like it does for some of the other loggers (and just people that have used it in general), but when I do fall asleep I don't wake up for ANYTHING and I feel refreshed in the morning when I wake up. The nights I don't use it, I sleep throughout the night still but I always wake up feeling tired and lethargic.
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130822_232132.png
Views: 42
Size:  428.7 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130822_232143.png
Views: 38
Size:  458.8 KB
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Love that update Jim. Very detailed and thorough. Expected nothing less.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Endurance: My endurance is up right now, in comparison to my baseline endurance, it has been very obviously improved since starting this log. I would attribute most of this to the betaine and the nitrates from Max Pump (and a little extra TMG from Green Mag) but the intra set recovery that I get from the BCAA/SAA is most definitely adding to this.

Strength: I'm getting consistently stronger, which could very easily be a sign that I'm recovering well enough to continue to add weight to the bar. Regardless, I think the BCAA/SAA and Max Pump are definitely helping here (ergogenic benefits from the acute dosage, and overall saturation, of the nitrates and betaine).

Recovery: Well, this is the one we're all here for isn't it? I'm recovering very quickly, at this point it would seem that I recover a little faster than I do when I regularly train with BCAA + Carb mixture intra training. I expected my performance to take a bit of a shot from getting rid of the carbs intra workout, but so far it hasn't made much of a difference. Besides that; I just feel recharged when I drink it in between sets. Hard to explain really.

Rest: Ok, so this one has to be about as important as recovery. I sleep extremely deeply on the nights I use the G8. I noticed some other loggers say they get a calming effect from it, and I can say that I've noticed that a handful of times, but usually not. It doesn't knock me straight out like it does for some of the other loggers (and just people that have used it in general), but when I do fall asleep I don't wake up for ANYTHING and I feel refreshed in the morning when I wake up. The nights I don't use it, I sleep throughout the night still but I always wake up feeling tired and lethargic.
    Sounds like a truly winning combination of supps you're taking in right now and it's good that you're enjoying them. Remember a while back when I told you that I truly felt the difference between the different aminos that I had taken? I hope that you're seeing the same difference. Seems like you are.
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post

Sounds like a truly winning combination of supps you're taking in right now and it's good that you're enjoying them. Remember a while back when I told you that I truly felt the difference between the different aminos that I had taken? I hope that you're seeing the same difference. Seems like you are.
    You're the only reason I even wanted to try them.

I, like many others on here, really didn't expect anything from an SAA blend and expected anything I noticed to be on par with my regular usage of BCAA.
  19. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

mmmm psghetti haven't had that stuff in a very long while - looks tasty bud!
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Went in to do some conditioning today, decided to use some strongman events for time. Really worked up a sweat, and got that heart POUNDING.

Warmup: Assorted exercises from Limber 11

Pre: 3/4 Scoop Jack3d AF, 4 Caps Max Pump
    Intra: 3/4 scoop BCAA/SAA (had a little left at the end)

Stone Load: 135# x 30 seconds x Hip Height stand- 6 total loads

Stone Over Bar: 135# x 45 seconds x Log sitting on stand - 8 total

Video: http://youtu.be/55iMvnDGO8Y

Tire Flip: x45 seconds - 11 flips, 12 flips

1st set video: http://youtu.be/q_tbqzxJOCs
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Any thoughts on the new Jacked?
  22. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Any thoughts on the new Jacked?
    Not yet.

I'm gonna use it again today and see what I notice.
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Nice...look forward to hearing your take on it.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

You're the only reason I even wanted to try them.

I, like many others on here, really didn't expect anything from an SAA blend and expected anything I noticed to be on par with my regular usage of BCAA.
    I need to elaborate on this in my log, but suffice to say for now I concur
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/powerlifting-strongman/240580-road-derby-cup.html
  25. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Your brother is going to be sore again.

As far as the BCAA/SAA, it's a solid product. I noticed a difference from what I was using prior to it and that was enough to make me a believer.
    Folks can point to as many studies as they want to discredit something, but if it works, it works.
    i hate it when i am told science doesn't back up my results....especially when they have never tried the product!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  26. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

RE Upper:

Aug 25

Pre: 1.5 Scoop Jack3d AF, 3 caps Max Pump, 1 Scoop Green Magnitude

Warm-up: Simple 6, Band work

Floor Press: 185 x 8 x 2, 185 x 6

http://youtu.be/TwxKyZIucz8

DB Bench: 60 x 6, 75 x 6, 80 x 6

http://youtu.be/rN6VdUDtEgw

a1. WG Pull-up: BW x 8, BW x 6 NG Pull Up: BW x 8 x 2
    a2. High Pull Low Row: 60 x 12, 50 x 12 x 3

NG DB OHP: 55 x 6, 60 x 5

b1. Hammer Curl: 20 x 15 x 2
    b2. Cable Ext. Rot. : 10 x 15 x 2

And done.

Notes: No G8 last night, and it was missed. I woke up a few times in the middle of the night, and once in the early part of the morning. Still got a solid 8 hours (I always do nowadays) but it wasn't nearly as deep and restful as the nights that I use the G8.

Besides that, everything felt good today. No real aches or pains, that tendinitis bugged me for the DB Bench but it went away after the prehab/rehab stuff at the end. Barely a memory right now. Shoulders feel goooood, no RC troubles *knock on wood*.
  27. Diamond Member

of all the finaflex products...g8 intrigues me the most.
  28. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    of all the finaflex products...g8 intrigues me the most.
    It is fantastic.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  29. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

RE Upper:

Aug 25

Pre: 1.5 Scoop Jack3d AF, 3 caps Max Pump, 1 Scoop Green Magnitude

Warm-up: Simple 6, Band work

Floor Press: 185 x 8 x 2, 185 x 6

http://youtu.be/TwxKyZIucz8

DB Bench: 60 x 6, 75 x 6, 80 x 6

http://youtu.be/rN6VdUDtEgw

a1. WG Pull-up: BW x 8, BW x 6 NG Pull Up: BW x 8 x 2
    a2. High Pull Low Row: 60 x 12, 50 x 12 x 3

NG DB OHP: 55 x 6, 60 x 5

b1. Hammer Curl: 20 x 15 x 2
    b2. Cable Ext. Rot. : 10 x 15 x 2

And done.

Notes: No G8 last night, and it was missed. I woke up a few times in the middle of the night, and once in the early part of the morning. Still got a solid 8 hours (I always do nowadays) but it wasn't nearly as deep and restful as the nights that I use the G8.

Besides that, everything felt good today. No real aches or pains, that tendinitis bugged me for the DB Bench but it went away after the prehab/rehab stuff at the end. Barely a memory right now. Shoulders feel goooood, no RC troubles *knock on wood*.
    Great vids Jim and good feedback as normal.

30. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

ME Lower:

Aug 26

pre: 3 Uncut, 4 Max Pump, 1 Green Magnitude
    intra: BCAA/SAA

warmup: Limber 11, work up to 135 x 4 Box Squat

Box Squat: 185 (+40 Chain) x 4, 225 (+40 Chain) x 4

Video to be added later.

Leg Press: 490 x 6, 540 x 6

a1. GHR: BW x 10 x 2
    a2. DB lunge: 80 x 8, 100 x 8 (per leg)

1 Arm Cable Row: 60 x 15 (per arm)

Feeling good, may have strained my brachialis a week or so ago. I've been icing and icy hotting it and it feels alright, just a little bit of soreness when I forget to do that. I may have to take some NSAIDS to help with the healing process, but it isn't really an issue and is very mild.

Also, important note, I am heading out of state tomorrow (I've been contemplating it for a while) but made the decision today that I'm gonna do it. Heading up to MI to visit my Uncle, have him meet my wife, and spend some time together (he isn't doing well). So I will very possibly do some sort of conditioning while I'm there (and will update to the best of my ability) but I'm basically gonna use this week as a deload since I don't expect to be able to train while I'm there.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

enjoy the trip & fam time JB
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.

Ditto^^^
  33. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Cable Row: http://youtu.be/F7ZSTlCRbLI

Box Squat: http://youtu.be/yk3hxR_J8yQ

Thanks guys, I'm still gonna try to do something while I'm up there (I can't stand not training) but we'll see how it goes.

Also, an update from last night's sleep:

I took 3/4 scoop at ~1200 to go to sleep (had to be up at 630 this morning), and laid there in bed, wide awake for 3 hours. Finally passed out at around 3 and woke up at 630. Not feeling too awfully tired (surprisingly) but I can definitely tell that I didn't sleep much.
  34. Diamond Member

Cable Row: http://youtu.be/F7ZSTlCRbLI

Box Squat: http://youtu.be/yk3hxR_J8yQ

Thanks guys, I'm still gonna try to do something while I'm up there (I can't stand not training) but we'll see how it goes.

Also, an update from last night's sleep:

I took 3/4 scoop at ~1200 to go to sleep (had to be up at 630 this morning), and laid there in bed, wide awake for 3 hours. Finally passed out at around 3 and woke up at 630. Not feeling too awfully tired (surprisingly) but I can definitely tell that I didn't sleep much.
    sleep is like a game of hide and seek....sometimes i find it, sometimes i don't!!!

hope your uncle is doing better....i am sure your visit will mean alot to him!!!!

family 1st, it might sound corny but it is the meaning of life!!!!
  35. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

And I'm back....

Had a good time while I was up there, I hadn't seen him since before I shipped off to BCT, so it was nice to see him again. Planning to go up there later this year and hopefully stay a little longer.

Got in yesterday morning, had my bowling league start last night and then got in the gym this afternoon.

DE Upper: Sept 7

Pre: 1.5 Scoop Jack3d Micro, 4 Caps Max Pump, 1 Scoop Green Magnitude
    Intra: 1 Scoop BCAA/SAA

Warm-up: Simple 6, RC work (band and weight)

Banded Bench: 95 x 2 x 2, 115 x 2 x 2, 135 x 2 x 3, 155 x 2 (against 2 AVG Bands)
    http://youtu.be/9oIUQ3CbpRE
    Dips: +45 x 8 x 2, +45 x 7

a1. Catback Lat Pull: AVG x 10 x 4
    a2. SG High Pull: 135 x 6 x 4

Z Press: 95 x 5, 115 x 5, 135 x 2

Poundstone Curls: Bar x 50

Assistance: http://youtu.be/aklNRwhW2sk
    Notes: Wow, those curls were PAINFUL. Got video of everything but the superset today, really liked the Z press and SG HP that I did today. I'll be using those pretty frequently from this point forward. Pouring sweat today, my work capacity didn't seem to take much of a hit with the 2 weeks off. Won't find out til Monday about the strength, but overall I'm feeling good. I expect to be relatively sore tomorrow (especially in the Upper Back) but don't expect that to last long as I start putting down the BCAA/SAA again. Didn't take G8 last night, and won't tonight, because my schedule calls for Fri/Sat off of it. Overall it was a good session.

Pump was STUPID.
  36. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Awesome session. Those average bands look rough to bench against. I agree on the Z-Press. Definetly a good change up
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  37. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Awesome session. Those average bands look rough to bench against. I agree on the Z-Press. Definetly a good change up
    Meh, they aren't that bad.

The last set was too slow, shoulda stayed with 135....
  38. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

I have to admit.....i was waiting for that plate to smack you in the shins during those dips lol.

39. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I have to admit.....i was waiting for that plate to smack you in the shins during those dips lol.
    I can't say I would've been very happy if that happened.....
  40. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

And I was right.

I'm sore.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 11:17 PM
  2. Getting 250mg of Test-E from the vial
    By Atheloop in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 04:18 PM
  3. Best for getting rid of existing gyno from Test/Tren?
    By hardlyworkin in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 04:25 AM
  4. Getting Rid of Gyno-fat from test E/EQ
    By mike49 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 12:33 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 02:45 PM