Jim gets a month of R+R from the FREAKS over at Finaflex

Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Hope the shoes work for ya. Weird getting used to
    They actually felt really natural for the front squats.

2. Wait until you back squat in them. Awesome.
    Training log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240172-herders-2014-log.html
    •   

3. Front squats look awesome JB!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons

4. Shoot, I didn't even notice the front squat video link. Those things were beautiful! Looked like you could have just gone on and on with the speed from 1 to 5.
    Training log:

5. My lower body is sore, that is all.

6. Also, sleepdate:

Did not use G8 last night, and will not be tonight. Slept OK, woke up 2 times in the night and again at about 0814. (Went to sleep around 1). Ended up falling back to sleep until 1120ish, but woke up feeling tired as opposed to feeling energized.

7. Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    Front squats look awesome JB!
    Quote Originally Posted by herderdude View Post
    Shoot, I didn't even notice the front squat video link. Those things were beautiful! Looked like you could have just gone on and on with the speed from 1 to 5.
    Thanks guys, want to hit 405 for a front squat. Eventually. Not right now, but hopefully this year. (although, next year is far more likely considering its August and I might could hit a 315 now. My last 1RM, a few months back, was a 275.)

8. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Thanks guys, want to hit 405 for a front squat. Eventually. Not right now, but hopefully this year. (although, next year is far more likely considering its August and I might could hit a 315 now. My last 1RM, a few months back, was a 275.)
    Amazing front squat numbers, just watch the knees on this one with the heavier weights. It can really sneak up on you.

9. Awesome stuff Jim! Great front squats. I have been thinking of getting some Oly shoes myself. My hip flexors get nasty on occasion from squatting too. I hate that!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Use Kleen10 for a 10% discount
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by DreamWeaver View Post

Amazing front squat numbers, just watch the knees on this one with the heavier weights. It can really sneak up on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Awesome stuff Jim! Great front squats. I have been thinking of getting some Oly shoes myself. My hip flexors get nasty on occasion from squatting too. I hate that!
    Thanks guys, I'm a big fan of front squats.

And kleen, I really like the oly shoes thus far. Definitely worth the investment.

Also, cliffs from today's workout (full update when I get home):

405x4 DL PR
    275x3x2 Front Squat PR
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

And kleen, I really like the oly shoes thus far. Definitely worth the investment.

405x4 DL PR
    275x3x2 Front Squat PR
    Uh oh . . . them's some nice deadlifts.
    Training log:

12. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

405x4 DL PR
    275x3x2 Front Squat PR
    Great numbers bro. 275 on front squats sounds absolutely rediculous!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

13. Today's workout (after 2 very long, very boring days of rest) went pretty darn well. Got off to a bit of a late start (3 PL Groups were in there using all of the platforms, so we had to wait until they finished) so I sat there and talked to one of the more experience USAPL guys about lifting and whatnot. Finally got started and got going pretty well, total workout probably took around 1-1.5 hours all told.

Felt pretty strong today, had a goal in mind for DL and I hit it (it wasn't easy, but it was worth the effort lol).

So, without further ado, 12AUG ME Upper

Pre: 2 Uncut, 1 scoop Green Magnitude, 4 caps Max Pump
    Intra: 1 Scoop BCAA/SAA

Warm-Up: Agile 8, worked up to 365 x 4 conventional DL

Work Set: 405x4 (yes only one, unless you count 365 x 4. In which case, I did 2 work sets)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPHPN...ature=youtu.be

Front Squat: 225 x 3, 275 x 3 x 2 (previous 1RM)
    1st set at 275: http://youtu.be/24kPSavTC7Y

Deficit DL (standing on plate): 275 x 5 x 2

a1. 45 degree Hyper: BW x 10, +45 x 10
    a2. Lunges: BW x 10 x 2 (got the glutes activated, stretched the HF. Prehab and whatnot)

And done.

Felt good, felt strong. Feeling good now, about to eat some chicken, beans, and milk (aaah how I love milk).

Slept well last night, used 1/2 scoop G8 with 1/2 scoop BCAA/SAA, woke up around 930 feeling energized. Which is much better than the attempts to wake up at 930 that I had this weekend where I felt absolutely exhausted and went back to sleep until 1. Which I absolutely hate doing.

Knee is holding up well, considering I am out of Cissus, and have been since just before my meet. So hopefully that continues, until I can get more.

Also, I may not have mentioned it in here (I forget sometimes) but I did have a minor trap strain from last Wednesday (or Friday?) and it is feeling WAY better today. Like unnoticeable now, so hoping that continues to not be an issue (was having issues turning my head all weekend).

14. You're improving your numbers at a pretty ridiculous pace. I've been following you since March, I believe, and you continue to improve. I'm impressed.

15. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    You're improving your numbers at a pretty ridiculous pace. I've been following you since March, I believe, and you continue to improve. I'm impressed.
    I feel like I'm not, but looking back I'm sure I have been considering what I can consistently use now.

I'm not even sure what to attribute it to, the training methodology I feel is solid, and my eating habits have greatly improved since joining the site (I used to undereat thinking I was eating more), but I'm gonna ride it for as long as possible.

16. Half scoop g8 last night, finally fell asleep around 2, woke up at 810. Was feeling foggy and tired when I first woke up but felt fine once I started moving around.

Ran some errands and then went to do sprints again at 1015 or so.

1 scoop BCAA/SAA mixed with 25oz water, still a little on the strong side for my taste. Didn't end up finishing it, and will drink the rest with my G8 tonight.

Anyway:

Dynamic warmup

Hill Sprint
    -5 dead sprint
    -2 pushup ground start
    -2 kneeling ground start

Wasn't tight or sore or anything today, which is surprising considering the workout yesterday.

Felt fast, and I like being fast.

17. Dinner tonight: grilled salmon, rice, and bell pepper.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130813_204607.png
Views: 51
Size:  539.4 KB

18. Logs looking good bro and your putting up some great numbers.

Ive strained my trap a couple times and it sucks but glad to hear its feeling much better.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns

19. Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Logs looking good bro and your putting up some great numbers.

Ive strained my trap a couple times and it sucks but glad to hear its feeling much better.
    Thanks buddy, I'm feeling good now.

I assume that's what it was, I'm glad it's feeling better now. I'll find out tomorrow if it's still going to be an issue.

20. Next time I drive through Texas, I know where to get me some salmon dinner.

21. Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    Next time I drive through Texas, I know where to get me some salmon dinner.
    I'm going to take your mom out for a nice steak dinner and never call her again.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR ---- WWW.FINAFLEX.COM

Use code Montego15 for 15% off at MileHighKratom.com

22. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Dinner tonight: grilled salmon, rice, and bell pepper.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130813_204607.png
Views: 51
Size:  539.4 KB
    excellent

23. Food looks excellent Jim!
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

24. ME Upper: Aug 14.

Pretty good session overall, went in with a goal for a triple and ended up exceeding it. Everything felt good today, a little bit of RC weakness during lateral raises, but I think it was just the way I was doing them. Lats had a few knots in them today, but they didn't take long to roll out and all my joints are feeling pretty good.

Pre: 4 caps Max Pump, 1.5 Scoop Jack3d Micro (1 BR + .5 LL), 1 Scoop Green Magnitude

Warm-up: Simple 6, Band Dislocations, Band No Monies, External Rotations work up to 205 x 3 Bench Press

Work: 225 x 3, 235 x 3

225 for 3 was actually a PR for a triple, and then obviously 235 was as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWkeY...ature=youtu.be

Neutral Grip DB OHP (1 arm at a time): 50 x 8 x 2, 55 x 7

a1. Pendlay Row: 185 x 5 x 4
    a2. Low Pulley Face Pull: 120 x 10, 110 x 12 x 3 (

Dat Trap and Upper Back PUMP. O.o

b1. Rolling Tri Extension (against MM band): 20 x 8, 30 x 8 (just weight on bar, I have not a clue how much the bar is itself) Note: Hold against band at lockout for 1-2 seconds
    b2. Lateral Raise: 30 x 6 x 2

Overall, it went well. This was my first time using the 1 Arm OHP as an assistance movement on a ME day, and I enjoyed it. The neutral grip was a bit awkward at first but it went well enough. The last rep of 55 was a bear with both arms, so that is good to see the left catching up.

Feeling pretty large today, planned to weigh in after training but I forgot. My "I'm Bigger" shirt fits a little snug now (it is an XL) so I can't say that I'm unhappy about that. Feeling good about the bench pressing right now, hopefully I'm well on my way to a 300 but only time will tell on that.

Slept pretty well last night, again had issues falling asleep (damn wife and her TV lol) and then the dogs got me up about an hour after I fell asleep when my younger brother got home. Woke up this morning at 1030ish and was feeling good, good energy and I got some house work done. The taste of the G8 is growing on me at this point and overall I'm feeling strong. I've only been back from the meet for a little over a week, but right now my recovery is fast. Not really tight that often (or as tight) and soreness was only a one time thing at the beginning of this log. Numbers are climbing steadily, and my conditioning is getting better.

Hopefully, I'll remember to weigh myself tomorrow after (or before) I train the legs for RE.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    I'm going to take your mom out for a nice steak dinner and never call her again.
    Free steak? Hell, that sounds worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    excellent

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Food looks excellent Jim!
    Figured you guys would like that, especially you Steve.

It was good, I have some of the rice (and a very small amount of bell pepper) left over that I will probably mix my leftover taco meat with for lunch tomorrow

Tonight though, I eat spaghetti (with 90/10 this time)

26. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Tonight though, I eat spaghetti (with 90/10 this time)
    the quality of your food consumed has taken a dramatic upward turn JB
    I applaud you

27. Congrats on the PR Jim!
    www.OrbitSupplements.com

28. RE Lower today, my younger brother came with us today and he hasn't done legs since he played HS football; about 3-4 years ago.

Had to teach him how to squat, which he finally found a relatively comfortable way to do (by the final set) but it definitely took some time in the gym today. Taught him how to squat, got him decently comfortably doing GMs (but he still needs practice obviously), and how to hold the bar for the Front Squat.

He wasn't using a lot of weight today, but with time I'm sure he'll do alright.

Anyway....

RE Lower

Pre: 1 Scoop Green Magnitude, 3 caps Uncut, 4 caps Max Pump

Warm-up: Agile 8, Shoulder Over and Backs, Dislocates
    Back Squat: work to 275 x 3

Work: 275 x 6, 315 x 6 x 2 (weights actually felt heavy today, took a little bit of practice to figure out my foot placement with the oly shoes for a back squat)
    1st set at 315: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImQiF...ature=youtu.be

The second set actually went smoother, and felt better, than that set.

Front Squat Hold: 405 x 18 seconds, 495 x 4 seconds (495 was awful, I could tell right from the pickup that it wasn't gonna last long)

Good Morning: 225 x 5 x 2, 235 x 5, 245 x 5, 275 x 5 (PR? I think so, although I'm not sure. If not, it's gotta be fairly close)

Box Step Ups (about hip height?, didn't get the dimensions. Although, I think they were written on the box): 60 x 12 x 3 (30 per hand)

And done, got a good amount of work done, feeling tired.

Weighed in today at the end of the workout at 179, so now I just have to maintain this weight for 2 months LOL. Strength is up, even though I'm weighing less now than I did at the meet.

I don't plan to fight that kind of thing.

Gonna flip some tires, run some sprints, and do some farmer's carries tomorrow. I expect that I will be fairly sore tomorrow, but we shall see.

Feeling good right now so we'll see what happens tomorrow!

29. oooo your brother gonna hate you when he wakes up this morning and tries to get out of bed

30. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    oooo your brother gonna hate you when he wakes up this morning and tries to get out of bed
    This lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-27-2012, 12:17 AM
  2. Getting 250mg of Test-E from the vial
    By Atheloop in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 05:18 PM
  3. Best for getting rid of existing gyno from Test/Tren?
    By hardlyworkin in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 05:25 AM
  4. Getting Rid of Gyno-fat from test E/EQ
    By mike49 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 01:33 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 03:45 PM