A Month of R&R w/ FinaFlex - AnabolicMinds.com

A Month of R&R w/ FinaFlex

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Finaflex G8 and BCAA/SAA's

I appreciate the hookup from the Finaflex reps. This is my very first Finaflex product I've used so I'm pretty excited. Ive always followed the logs and product releases so now is my time to see what the products will do for me.

I'm 26 years old. Currently training for a raw meet October 12th with the Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate. This meet will be a 2014 Worlds qualifier and I'm looking to total Elite with 600/335/560.

My current raw lifts are 565/300/525. Single-ply suit numbers are 600/365/560. I'm following Jim Wendler's Advanced 5/3/1 template from his new book "Beyond 5/3/1" I train 4x per week Squat/Bench/Deads/OHP. On my off days, when work and family allows me time, I'll do some sort of conditioning. I'll my workouts and video'd sessions will be posted here as well as the mobility work.

Common products that I have taken in the past are NP's MBCAA and UspLabs MBCAA. As for sleep products, I've played around with high dosed GABA, melatonin, and HGHPro.

My other supplement line up is: Anabeta, 50mg Forskolin-95 ED, Multi, Fish Oil, Cissus, Joint Force, PeakBeta+, CitMal, random prewos, and a pluthera of GDA's. (Let me know if any of these will interfere with log integrity and I'll drop them ASAP)

I work 2 days on/2 days off with the Coast guard at a search & rescue station. I never fully adapt to sleeping in a bed, as I'm constantly back and forth. I have a year and a half old son that likes to make his way into my bed when I'm home....so hopefully G8 makes me sleep through some kicks and punches!

My next workout will be Sunday. Squats at 95% of my T1RM and reverse band beyond 100% possibly. I'll begin the BCAA/SAA then and G8 will commence tonight!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Reserved for review
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Today's session
    http://youtu.be/T1_6cBvSeNk

Sets x Reps

OHP 5x3@85% of T1RM

Warmup
    Oly wall squat w/ double average band
    DeFranco Simple 6

OHP
    150x5x3
    135x8

Speed Bench
    135 + Mini's x8x2

Pendlay Rows/Tate Press
    275x5x3/45x5x10

Catback Rows/Preacher Curls
    Doubled Light & Mini x 10x4/Something x 10x4

Pullaparts(light)/Ab rollouts/Banded Crunch(strong)

The rep scheme of the advanced 5/3/1 template is awesome. It's challenging weight, yet I'm not struggling to the point where it's grinding, and I feel strong throughout every set
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

cool cool - this will be a bit different log for me to follow, looking forward to it!
    and, first FINAFLEX product you ever done man, really? well what took you so long?
    welcome to the Freaky experience, hope you enjoy
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    cool cool - this will be a bit different log for me to follow, looking forward to it!
    and, first FINAFLEX product you ever done man, really? well what took you so long?
    welcome to the Freaky experience, hope you enjoy
    There won't be any ripped abs in this thread but you guys will get to see some heavy weight being moved. I'm getting into the mobility work a lot more so hopefully people can learn from that as well. I'll most likely ask you some diet advice though. Carb cycling at the moment, weighing 210. I'll drop some water to compete 198 in Oct.

I was going to test your new stim product from the promo but the second I got selected, my doctor thought I was borderline tachycardic so i had to drop the logging oppurtunity. Cardiologist verified a few weeks after that I'm fine.

I actually just ordered your multi just a minute ago so I can add that into this log as well when it comes in. I ought some FF PH's a while ago but returned them for personal reasons. Someday..
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

No ripped abs?! Unsub'd...

Haha nah man those are some impressive numbers! Sub'd for sure, G8 seems legit so far.
    MY I-FORCE NUTRITION INTIMIDATE/REVERSITOL V2 SPONSORED LOG (PICS)

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202817-here-we-go-2.html
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This is going to be fun....heavy numbers in this thread!
    Olympus labs Rep
    Olympus Labs, a line of products that will turn men into demigods.
    visit us at: olympus-labs.com
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by theniteman View Post
    No ripped abs?! Unsub'd...

Haha nah man those are some impressive numbers! Sub'd for sure, G8 seems legit so far.
    You'll like Sundays core workout. 600+lb beltless Front Squat hold for time.

I'm definetly looking forward to the G8 tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by edje007 View Post
    This is going to be fun....heavy numbers in this thread!
    Welcome aboard man.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Fuuuuuckin aye man! My quads would rip thru my skin hahah

10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by theniteman View Post
    Fuuuuuckin aye man! My quads would rip thru my skin hahah
    Oh it's not a full front squat lol just unrack and hold it as long as possible
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

In.

Mine hasn't shown up yet. :cry:
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    In.

Mine hasn't shown up yet. :cry:
    yours will be the last to go JB - unfortunately, I overcommitted on product availability, and my boys at the warehouse had to dig deep to procure your G8..my apologies for this - but, it is on the way now!
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

yours will be the last to go JB - unfortunately, I overcommitted on product availability, and my boys at the warehouse had to dig deep to procure your G8..my apologies for this - but, it is on the way now!
    Sweet.

I was beginning to worry!
  14. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

How do you like the taste of the Apple Fusion? I'm logging that right now as well. Seems like a lot of FF threads popping up lately.
    Squats do a booty good.
  15. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    How do you like the taste of the Apple Fusion? I'm logging that right now as well. Seems like a lot of FF threads popping up lately.
    Haven't had a chance to taste it yet! Cracking the G8 open in about an hour.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Haven't had a chance to taste it yet! Cracking the G8 open in about an hour.
    Are you going to mix the two? Makes the G8 taste much better. Thanks for the video. I always try to get my feet back as far as I can but never even thought of taking that approach seems much better. I can hardly get them back the way I do it.
    Life's a garden, dig it
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Oh it's not a full front squat lol just unrack and hold it as long as possible
    Lol Ohhh ok gotcha man that's still beast tho!

18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  177 lbs.

Thou shalt sleepeth well tonight. Amen.
  19. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

There won't be any ripped abs in this thread but you guys will get to see some heavy weight being moved. I'm getting into the mobility work a lot more so hopefully people can learn from that as well. I'll most likely ask you some diet advice though. Carb cycling at the moment, weighing 210. I'll drop some water to compete 198 in Oct.

I was going to test your new stim product from the promo but the second I got selected, my doctor thought I was borderline tachycardic so i had to drop the logging oppurtunity. Cardiologist verified a few weeks after that I'm fine.

I actually just ordered your multi just a minute ago so I can add that into this log as well when it comes in. I ought some FF PH's a while ago but returned them for personal reasons. Someday..

It cost me good money to get your cardiologist to say that too.

But it was all worth it in the end!
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    This ^^
    Life's a garden, dig it
  21. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by niners4reggie View Post
    Are you going to mix the two? Makes the G8 taste much better. Thanks for the video. I always try to get my feet back as far as I can but never even thought of taking that approach seems much better. I can hardly get them back the way I do it.
    I'll mix it next time I think.

If my feet go too far back, I loose leg drive. Just experiment and see what works for ya. My bench is horrible compared to my other lifts and it's a work in process

Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I did!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    It cost me good money to get your cardiologist to say that too. But it was all worth it in the end!
    lol
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

So Update 1

I took 1/2 scoop. I measured out ~5.5g

I slept like a rock. I took it around 1015 and by 1045 I was feeling pretty tired and relaxed. I woke up once for a split second and fell right back asleep. I woke up feeling refreshed. I'm awake and alert, not groggy feeling at all. So far it's a plus.

G8 definetly has an earthly taste to it but it wasnt terrible.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  23. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

G8 definetly has an earthly taste to it but it wasnt terrible.
    LMAO, now there's a descriptive term you don't see applied much to a supplement
  24. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

LMAO, now there's a descriptive term you don't see applied much to a supplement
    haha I think I heard AZ describe a supp like that before and it just fits the bill I think. Like I said, it ain't terrible at all.

I'm hoping the rain holds off so I can get some sprints in at the track. Looking forward to tasting the BCAA/SAA.

How do you recommend dosing? I know there's thread after thread after thread on BCAA dosing. I've always been used to it intra or post if I'm unable to get a meal in.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  25. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

How do you recommend dosing? I know there's thread after thread after thread on BCAA dosing. I've always been used to it intra or post if I'm unable to get a meal in.
    yep like that is fine: can be used pre/intra/postWO (best)..upon rising..before bed..or anytime thruout day you can't get food in, or want to add some protein content to your meals
    very versatile, these things
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

yep like that is fine: can be used pre/intra/postWO (best)..upon rising..before bed..or anytime thruout day you can't get food in, or want to add some protein content to your meals
    very versatile, these things
    Today I took BCAA+SAA pre work out and post work out. I'll finish tonight with a last dose before bedtime.

Good stuff....easy to get some extra quality ''food'' in .

Blue rasp bottle almost finished,luckily have a full apple fusion waiting for me

Love the taste of both....
    Olympus labs Rep
  27. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Im excited for my blue ras to get in as im out of the apple fusion :-(.

I take my BCAA+SAAs intra-workout and what its done for my recovery is insane. I murdered my back yesterday to the point where i was positive id have DOMS today, woke up and not even a hint of soreness!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  28. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    Im excited for my blue ras to get in as im out of the apple fusion :-(. I take my BCAA+SAAs intra-workout and what its done for my recovery is insane. I murdered my back yesterday to the point where i was positive id have DOMS today, woke up and not even a hint of soreness!
    So jelly. :'( Haven't done a proper back workout in 2 weeks. As far as dosing, I drink it right before bed cuz that's how I roll.
    Squats do a booty good.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

So jelly. :'( Haven't done a proper back workout in 2 weeks. As far as dosing, I drink it right before bed cuz that's how I roll.
    Hit back 3x a week!
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  30. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

I take my BCAA+SAAs intra-workout and what its done for my recovery is insane. I murdered my back yesterday to the point where i was positive id have DOMS today, woke up and not even a hint of soreness!
    I'll most likely get it in intra
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.

Guess I'm just a big time abuser....uhm user....lol
    Olympus labs Rep
  32. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Another good night of sleep. I dosed a half scoop again around 1020 and was asleep before 11. I woke up once around 2 to piss and thought "oh man I'm sleeping good" and fell right back asleep until 7.

After about 15 minutes of taking a dosage, I feel a subtle relaxation. I credit that to the GABA content.

I also took a scoop of the BCAA/SAA last night and holy crap Finaflex-Good job on the flavoring. It's probably one of the most refreshing tasting powders I've tried. I was concerned with the consistency of the powder, as most BCAA's are so light that they take a while to settle but this definetly was not the case.

Squats today.

And possibly the childrens museum.. FML
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  33. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Blue raz huh? Sounds tasty!!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  34. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Squat 5x1@95% of T1RM
    http://youtu.be/PQNv1Db_Um4

Warmup
    Olympic Wall Squat
    Agile 8
    HF Stretch

Squat
    485x5x1 (last set paused 5 seconds)
    525x5 w/ reverse average band
    645x1 Walkout

Front Squat Hold
    505x8 seconds

4" Snatch Grip Block Pull
    405x3 455x2x1 405x5

Unilateral Leg Press/GHR/Facepulls

1 scoop BCAA/SAA drank during my tri-sets. It was definetly refreshing and I'm looking forward to the recovery assist.
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  35. Professional Member

Another good night of sleep. I dosed a half scoop again around 1020 and was asleep before 11. I woke up once around 2 to piss and thought "oh man I'm sleeping good" and fell right back asleep until 7.

After about 15 minutes of taking a dosage, I feel a subtle relaxation. I credit that to the GABA content.

I also took a scoop of the BCAA/SAA last night and holy crap Finaflex-Good job on the flavoring. It's probably one of the most refreshing tasting powders I've tried. I was concerned with the consistency of the powder, as most BCAA's are so light that they take a while to settle but this definetly was not the case.

Squats today.

And possibly the childrens museum.. FML
    It mixes very well. Tastes better with some ice thrown in and shaken up, IMHO. Awesome squats BTW.
    Squats do a booty good.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

It mixes very well. Tastes better with some ice thrown in and shaken up, IMHO. Awesome squats BTW.
    Yes ice or very cold water!
    Life's a garden, dig it
  37. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Squat 5x1@95% of T1RM
    http://youtu.be/PQNv1Db_Um4

Warmup
    Olympic Wall Squat
    Agile 8
    HF Stretch

Squat
    485x5x1 (last set paused 5 seconds)
    525x5 w/ reverse average band
    645x1 Walkout

Front Squat Hold
    505x8 seconds

4" Snatch Grip Block Pull
    405x3 455x2x1 405x5

Unilateral Leg Press/GHR/Facepulls

1 scoop BCAA/SAA drank during my tri-sets. It was definetly refreshing and I'm looking forward to the recovery assist.
    Holy crap you are strong! Great to hear you enjoy the taste, i havnt had the pleasure of trying blue razz yet but the apple fusion is money!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  38. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.

Holy crap you are strong! Great to hear you enjoy the taste, i havnt had the pleasure of trying blue razz yet but the apple fusion is money!
    haha I'm tryin man.

Blue Razz sounds good, may give it a go next
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
  39. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

Blue Razz sounds good, may give it a go next
    STRONGLY advise this for you - for anyone, actually
    I mean I love apple fusion, in fact last 4 jugs I've gotten were that flav, simple because prior I had been doing a shyte ton of blue ras (of course AF wasn't available at that time)..this last monthly order tho, I picked up 3 BR flav, and will now just keep the AF to mix with my G8 for nighttime concoction
    somehow, I cannot see the mixture of BR flav + G8, mixed together
  40. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

In on this as well!!!

Crazy number Sean

Never tried the BR yet.
    Independent

Similar Forum Threads

1. 8 Months of drug-free work...
    By captain chet in forum Pics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 08:59 AM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-14-2005, 01:55 AM
  3. New pics: 230lbs. @ 5'10, 7 months of lifting