Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finaflex G8 and BCAA/SAA's

I appreciate the hookup from the Finaflex reps. This is my very first Finaflex product I've used so I'm pretty excited. Ive always followed the logs and product releases so now is my time to see what the products will do for me.

I'm 26 years old. Currently training for a raw meet October 12th with the Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate. This meet will be a 2014 Worlds qualifier and I'm looking to total Elite with 600/335/560.

My current raw lifts are 565/300/525. Single-ply suit numbers are 600/365/560. I'm following Jim Wendler's Advanced 5/3/1 template from his new book "Beyond 5/3/1" I train 4x per week Squat/Bench/Deads/OHP. On my off days, when work and family allows me time, I'll do some sort of conditioning. I'll my workouts and video'd sessions will be posted here as well as the mobility work.

Common products that I have taken in the past are NP's MBCAA and UspLabs MBCAA. As for sleep products, I've played around with high dosed GABA, melatonin, and HGHPro.

My other supplement line up is: Anabeta, 50mg Forskolin-95 ED, Multi, Fish Oil, Cissus, Joint Force, PeakBeta+, CitMal, random prewos, and a pluthera of GDA's. (Let me know if any of these will interfere with log integrity and I'll drop them ASAP)

I work 2 days on/2 days off with the Coast guard at a search & rescue station. I never fully adapt to sleeping in a bed, as I'm constantly back and forth. I have a year and a half old son that likes to make his way into my bed when I'm home....so hopefully G8 makes me sleep through some kicks and punches!

My next workout will be Sunday. Squats at 95% of my T1RM and reverse band beyond 100% possibly. I'll begin the BCAA/SAA then and G8 will commence tonight!

Attachments

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today's session
http://youtu.be/T1_6cBvSeNk

Sets x Reps

OHP 5x3@85% of T1RM

Warmup
Oly wall squat w/ double average band
DeFranco Simple 6

OHP
150x5x3
135x8

Speed Bench
135 + Mini's x8x2

Pendlay Rows/Tate Press
275x5x3/45x5x10

Catback Rows/Preacher Curls
Doubled Light & Mini x 10x4/Something x 10x4

Pullaparts(light)/Ab rollouts/Banded Crunch(strong)

The rep scheme of the advanced 5/3/1 template is awesome. It's challenging weight, yet I'm not struggling to the point where it's grinding, and I feel strong throughout every set

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
cool cool - this will be a bit different log for me to follow, looking forward to it! :)
and, first FINAFLEX product you ever done man, really? well what took you so long?
welcome to the Freaky experience, hope you enjoy

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cool cool - this will be a bit different log for me to follow, looking forward to it! :)
and, first FINAFLEX product you ever done man, really? well what took you so long?
welcome to the Freaky experience, hope you enjoy
There won't be any ripped abs in this thread but you guys will get to see some heavy weight being moved. I'm getting into the mobility work a lot more so hopefully people can learn from that as well. I'll most likely ask you some diet advice though. Carb cycling at the moment, weighing 210. I'll drop some water to compete 198 in Oct.

I was going to test your new stim product from the promo but the second I got selected, my doctor thought I was borderline tachycardic so i had to drop the logging oppurtunity. Cardiologist verified a few weeks after that I'm fine.

I actually just ordered your multi just a minute ago so I can add that into this log as well when it comes in. I ought some FF PH's a while ago but returned them for personal reasons. Someday..

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
No ripped abs?! Unsub'd...

Haha nah man those are some impressive numbers! Sub'd for sure, G8 seems legit so far.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is going to be fun....heavy numbers in this thread!

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Fuuuuuckin aye man! My quads would rip thru my skin hahah

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
In.

Mine hasn't shown up yet. :cry:
yours will be the last to go JB - unfortunately, I overcommitted on product availability, and my boys at the warehouse had to dig deep to procure your G8..my apologies for this - but, it is on the way now! :)

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yours will be the last to go JB - unfortunately, I overcommitted on product availability, and my boys at the warehouse had to dig deep to procure your G8..my apologies for this - but, it is on the way now! :)
Sweet.

I was beginning to worry!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you like the taste of the Apple Fusion? I'm logging that right now as well. Seems like a lot of FF threads popping up lately. :)

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you like the taste of the Apple Fusion? I'm logging that right now as well. Seems like a lot of FF threads popping up lately. :)
Haven't had a chance to taste it yet! Cracking the G8 open in about an hour.

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haven't had a chance to taste it yet! Cracking the G8 open in about an hour.
Are you going to mix the two? Makes the G8 taste much better. Thanks for the video. I always try to get my feet back as far as I can but never even thought of taking that approach seems much better. I can hardly get them back the way I do it.

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Oh it's not a full front squat lol just unrack and hold it as long as possible
Lol Ohhh ok gotcha man that's still beast tho!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thou shalt sleepeth well tonight. Amen.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There won't be any ripped abs in this thread but you guys will get to see some heavy weight being moved. I'm getting into the mobility work a lot more so hopefully people can learn from that as well. I'll most likely ask you some diet advice though. Carb cycling at the moment, weighing 210. I'll drop some water to compete 198 in Oct.

I was going to test your new stim product from the promo but the second I got selected, my doctor thought I was borderline tachycardic so i had to drop the logging oppurtunity. Cardiologist verified a few weeks after that I'm fine.

I actually just ordered your multi just a minute ago so I can add that into this log as well when it comes in. I ought some FF PH's a while ago but returned them for personal reasons. Someday..

It cost me good money to get your cardiologist to say that too.

But it was all worth it in the end!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you going to mix the two? Makes the G8 taste much better. Thanks for the video. I always try to get my feet back as far as I can but never even thought of taking that approach seems much better. I can hardly get them back the way I do it.
I'll mix it next time I think.

If my feet go too far back, I loose leg drive. Just experiment and see what works for ya. My bench is horrible compared to my other lifts and it's a work in process

Thou shalt sleepeth well tonight. Amen.
I did!

It cost me good money to get your cardiologist to say that too. But it was all worth it in the end!
lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So Update 1

I took 1/2 scoop. I measured out ~5.5g

I slept like a rock. I took it around 1015 and by 1045 I was feeling pretty tired and relaxed. I woke up once for a split second and fell right back asleep. I woke up feeling refreshed. I'm awake and alert, not groggy feeling at all. So far it's a plus.

G8 definetly has an earthly taste to it but it wasnt terrible.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LMAO, now there's a descriptive term you don't see applied much to a supplement :p
haha I think I heard AZ describe a supp like that before and it just fits the bill I think. Like I said, it ain't terrible at all.

I'm hoping the rain holds off so I can get some sprints in at the track. Looking forward to tasting the BCAA/SAA.

How do you recommend dosing? I know there's thread after thread after thread on BCAA dosing. I've always been used to it intra or post if I'm unable to get a meal in.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
How do you recommend dosing? I know there's thread after thread after thread on BCAA dosing. I've always been used to it intra or post if I'm unable to get a meal in.
yep like that is fine: can be used pre/intra/postWO (best)..upon rising..before bed..or anytime thruout day you can't get food in, or want to add some protein content to your meals
very versatile, these things

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yep like that is fine: can be used pre/intra/postWO (best)..upon rising..before bed..or anytime thruout day you can't get food in, or want to add some protein content to your meals
very versatile, these things
Today I took BCAA+SAA pre work out and post work out. I'll finish tonight with a last dose before bedtime.

Good stuff....easy to get some extra quality ''food'' in .

Blue rasp bottle almost finished,luckily have a full apple fusion waiting for me;)

Love the taste of both....

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im excited for my blue ras to get in as im out of the apple fusion :-(.

I take my BCAA+SAAs intra-workout and what its done for my recovery is insane. I murdered my back yesterday to the point where i was positive id have DOMS today, woke up and not even a hint of soreness!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im excited for my blue ras to get in as im out of the apple fusion :-(. I take my BCAA+SAAs intra-workout and what its done for my recovery is insane. I murdered my back yesterday to the point where i was positive id have DOMS today, woke up and not even a hint of soreness!
So jelly. :'( Haven't done a proper back workout in 2 weeks. As far as dosing, I drink it right before bed cuz that's how I roll.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I take my BCAA+SAAs intra-workout and what its done for my recovery is insane. I murdered my back yesterday to the point where i was positive id have DOMS today, woke up and not even a hint of soreness!
I'll most likely get it in intra

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guess I'm just a big time abuser....uhm user....lol

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another good night of sleep. I dosed a half scoop again around 1020 and was asleep before 11. I woke up once around 2 to piss and thought "oh man I'm sleeping good" and fell right back asleep until 7.

After about 15 minutes of taking a dosage, I feel a subtle relaxation. I credit that to the GABA content.

I also took a scoop of the BCAA/SAA last night and holy crap Finaflex-Good job on the flavoring. It's probably one of the most refreshing tasting powders I've tried. I was concerned with the consistency of the powder, as most BCAA's are so light that they take a while to settle but this definetly was not the case.

Squats today.

And possibly the childrens museum.. FML

niners4reggie

niners4reggie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Blue raz huh? Sounds tasty!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squat 5x1@95% of T1RM
http://youtu.be/PQNv1Db_Um4

Warmup
Olympic Wall Squat
Agile 8
HF Stretch

Squat
485x5x1 (last set paused 5 seconds)
525x5 w/ reverse average band
645x1 Walkout

Front Squat Hold
505x8 seconds

4" Snatch Grip Block Pull
405x3 455x2x1 405x5

Unilateral Leg Press/GHR/Facepulls

1 scoop BCAA/SAA drank during my tri-sets. It was definetly refreshing and I'm looking forward to the recovery assist.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another good night of sleep. I dosed a half scoop again around 1020 and was asleep before 11. I woke up once around 2 to piss and thought "oh man I'm sleeping good" and fell right back asleep until 7.

After about 15 minutes of taking a dosage, I feel a subtle relaxation. I credit that to the GABA content.

I also took a scoop of the BCAA/SAA last night and holy crap Finaflex-Good job on the flavoring. It's probably one of the most refreshing tasting powders I've tried. I was concerned with the consistency of the powder, as most BCAA's are so light that they take a while to settle but this definetly was not the case.

Squats today.

And possibly the childrens museum.. FML
It mixes very well. Tastes better with some ice thrown in and shaken up, IMHO. Awesome squats BTW.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squat 5x1@95% of T1RM
http://youtu.be/PQNv1Db_Um4

Warmup
Olympic Wall Squat
Agile 8
HF Stretch

Squat
485x5x1 (last set paused 5 seconds)
525x5 w/ reverse average band
645x1 Walkout

Front Squat Hold
505x8 seconds

4" Snatch Grip Block Pull
405x3 455x2x1 405x5

Unilateral Leg Press/GHR/Facepulls

1 scoop BCAA/SAA drank during my tri-sets. It was definetly refreshing and I'm looking forward to the recovery assist.
Holy crap you are strong! Great to hear you enjoy the taste, i havnt had the pleasure of trying blue razz yet but the apple fusion is money!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Holy crap you are strong! Great to hear you enjoy the taste, i havnt had the pleasure of trying blue razz yet but the apple fusion is money!
haha I'm tryin man.

Blue Razz sounds good, may give it a go next

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Blue Razz sounds good, may give it a go next
STRONGLY advise this for you - for anyone, actually
I mean I love apple fusion, in fact last 4 jugs I've gotten were that flav, simple because prior I had been doing a shyte ton of blue ras (of course AF wasn't available at that time)..this last monthly order tho, I picked up 3 BR flav, and will now just keep the AF to mix with my G8 for nighttime concoction
somehow, I cannot see the mixture of BR flav + G8, mixed together :yuck:

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
In on this as well!!!

Crazy number Sean :thumbsup:

Never tried the BR yet.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
go get your faces ****ed!

better?! lol

1 Scoop on BCAA/SAA around 9. Wasnt able to eat until noon.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why couldn't you eat?
Work. Oncoming this morning. Normally I eat breakfast once I get on duty before muster but I got rushed and had to handle the section reliefs and morning brief and then had people come by to inspect some SAR gear that I'm responsible for so I didnt get a chance to eat until lunch.

So...3 chicken parms, chili, then flank steak for dinner. Regardless of sequestration, I still eat a crap load at work :p

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Work. Oncoming this morning. Normally I eat breakfast once I get on duty before muster but I got rushed and had to handle the section reliefs and morning brief and then had people come by to inspect some SAR gear that I'm responsible for so I didnt get a chance to eat until lunch.

So...3 chicken parms, chili, then flank steak for dinner. Regardless of sequestration, I still eat a crap load at work :p
Sounds fun! Haha.. i had a pretty darn busy day today myself. Luckily my busy-ness took place during my shake and almonds meal so it was easy to slam inbetween. Sounds like an awesome dinner!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds fun! Haha.. i had a pretty darn busy day today myself. Luckily my busy-ness took place during my shake and almonds meal so it was easy to slam inbetween. Sounds like an awesome dinner!
I've been chowing down on cocoa powdered almonds. Holy crap they're awesome