Recovery - the FinalFlex way

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Welcome!!! Gotta give a big shout out to Iparatroop & all the guys over at FinaFlex for giving me the opportunity to try 2 their products – G8 (HGH-sleep supp) & BCAA/SAA!!!!

This couldn’t have come at a better time for me. Not only am I lucky enough to be able to give these products a go, I am also training for one of the biggest fire performance opportunities I’ve ever had.

Thru luck of the draw or stars magically aligning or I don’t know what…but I will be part of a group of artists traveling from Louisville to our sister city, Perm, Russia, to represent our city & country as Perm celebrates their 290th year in style -

These products should have plenty of opportunity prove themselves & I can’t wait!!!!

I’ve been running 5/3/1 Boring But Big template for a couple months now & still making good progress. My goal from the beginning of the year was to put the big 3 lifts all over 300 – so far I’ve nailed 2/3 & at this pace that bench total should still get over 300 this year: DL 405, Squat 300, Bench 275 & OHP 165

I am incorporating more ab work, along with yoga, HIIT & LISS. Also trying to fit in several performance practices per week as well (foundation practices & lit rehearsals). Mobility & cardio are keys to success here –

Diet – Keeping @ 3k – average P/F/C – 200/90/250 I’ve been logging thru Myfitnesspal.com & will try to keep diligent posting macros.
Finaflex.jpg

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
For those wondering what the heck I do with fire:

Finaflex5.jpg

Finaflex4.jpg

Finaflex3.jpg

Finaflex2.jpg

Finaflex1.jpg

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In. And that's awesome...

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in. Unfortunately cant see the photos until i get on my web browser but until then, do it up!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
but I will be part of a group of artists traveling from Louisville to our sister city, Perm, Russia, to represent our city & country as Perm celebrates their 290th year in style
ahh my homeland, dig it :)

and yes very cool on the fire - quite unique and interesting my friend
look forward to hearing about new things, and hope the products help you where you are looking for assistance

theniteman

theniteman

Awards
Sub'd man! Hopefully the stack will get you closer to your goals!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like fire. It's pretty neat stuff and I had no idea that you were into that stuff. Those pictures are awesome.
Good start to your log, and a very interesting twist.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Sub'd man! Hopefully the stack will get you closer to your goals!
Thanks man!!!

I like fire. It's pretty neat stuff and I had no idea that you were into that stuff. Those pictures are awesome.
Good start to your log, and a very interesting twist.
Thanks - yeah I've always had a bit of pyro in me.... Once I tried performing, I got hooked. And I gotta tell you guys - f@ck shaving, a little open flame will take that arm hair off right quick ;)

ahh my homeland, dig it :)

and yes very cool on the fire - quite unique and interesting my friend
look forward to hearing about new things, and hope the products help you where you are looking for assistance
Homeland, eh? Perm? I've never been to Russia - super excited to go over there & see what it's about. Damn near halfway around the world from here... This whole thing is still kinda surreal to me - I'm actually headed to Russia?... who'd a thunk it?

Im in. Unfortunately cant see the photos until i get on my web browser but until then, do it up!
Thanks man! - Will do!!!

In. And that's awesome...
Thanks man - glad to have ya!!!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Homeland, eh? Perm? I've never been to Russia - super excited to go over there & see what it's about. Damn near halfway around the world from here... This whole thing is still kinda surreal to me - I'm actually headed to Russia?... who'd a thunk it?
well not Perm (that's actually ~1000mi or so away from where I was born, outside st. Petersburg) but Russia in general
should be quite the experience for you..much different kind of environment, some incredibly unique architecture

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well not Perm (that's actually ~1000mi or so away from where I was born, outside st. Petersburg) but Russia in general
should be quite the experience for you..much different kind of environment, some incredibly unique architecture
My wife really wants to go on a vacation there - due to the architecture you speak of

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Cool - do you make it back over often? yeah Perm is a ways away, Russia is huge!!! I'm sure it will be very interesting...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Cool - do you make it back over often? yeah Perm is a ways away, Russia is huge!!! I'm sure it will be very interesting...
hyooge - yeah, indeed :p
and no, don't make it back..all my family is either dead, or has moved on/out of country..still have some distant peoples in old Czechoslovakia/yugoslovia regions..dual citizenship here tho! :D

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
hyooge - yeah, indeed :p
and no, don't make it back..all my family is either dead, or has moved on/out of country..still have some distant peoples in old Czechoslovakia/yugoslovia regions..dual citizenship here tho! :D
That's about like mine - my dad was born in Germany, hasn't been back since he was a kid.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Tried out a little under 1/2 scoop of G8 last night - could feel a calming effect after a few & slept like a baby! I think I’m going to like this stuff. I did feel a little sluggish upon rising, no biggie though. I’m also heading out of town for the weekend, so had a lot of different things on my mind too.

Deadlifts this morning – only managed 5 @ 330, forearm/wrist/grip has felt stronger than it does now. I felt like the rest of my body could’ve gone for another rep or 2, elbow certainly wanted none of that. The extra practice is the likely culprit.

BCAA/SAA first taste today as well. Good taste, easy mixing. My session was pretty quick, so didn’t really notice anything intraworkout. I sipped it thru my training this morning (drank about half) . Then topped off the shaker to take with me to work – sipping it right now.

DL – 260x3, 295x3, 330x5 (+2)

Superset 5 sets of 10
Hanging Leg Raises – 5x10
DL – 185 (50%) – 5x10

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
My wife really wants to go on a vacation there - due to the architecture you speak of
Mine too! She was a self-proclaimed Russia-ophile in high school - she's very jealous (but happy for me of course), that I'm getting to go

TheSaiyan

TheSaiyan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome!

I definitely see that in my future - they basically warned us in a meeting: you'll sit down for lunch & someone will break out a bottle of vodka & you can't leave until it's gone
I love vodka you lucky goose

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Back to the grind after a busy weekend – my friend asked me to perform at some little festival in Podunk-ville Southern Indiana – it was interesting to say the least... Glad I only agreed to one night… Spent the rest of the weekend in Brown County – on the lake, in the woods – that helped my weekend for sure…

My diet was pretty crappy - kept up a decent protein intake, but was overall lacking in total calories. So combined with sleeping kinda crappy & expending a lot of energy all weekend, my recovery has taken a bit of a hit, I feel. Only managed to squeeze out on extra rep on bench Sunday afternoon. Squats went a little better – but I was struggling to reach depth – just wasn’t feeling solid.

Went out for veitnamese green curry last night, carbing up had me looking pretty shredded this morning… Upping my training seems to be starting to take a dent out of the last of that pesky ab fat.

First thoughts on G8 – definitely not something to take if you can’t commit to a full night’s sleep. I’ve been sleeping like a baby…but definitely requiring an alarm if I need to get up at a decent time. Apple flavor is pretty good – isn’t overpowering, nor does the flavor linger like some other drinks.

-----
Bench – 175x3, 195x3, 225x4 (+1)

Superset 5 sets of 10
Kroc Rows – 80bs – 5x10
Bench – 125lbs – 5x10

Abs
sit-up w/ slant board – plate held over/behind head – 10x35
Roll-out – 25
Standing cable crunch – 40x40
DB Side Bend – 50x20
-----

Squat – 190x3, 220x3, 245x5 (+2)

Superset 5 sets of 10
Lying Leg Curls – 90lbs – 5x10
Squat A2G – 135lbs – 5x10

Abs
sit-up w/ slant board – plate held over/behind head – 10x35
Roll-out – 25
DB Side Bend – 50x20

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
some little festival in Podunk-ville Southern Indiana
where at?
First thoughts on G8 – definitely not something to take if you can’t commit to a full night’s sleep. I’ve been sleeping like a baby…but definitely requiring an alarm if I need to get up at a decent time.
lol :p
you know, I hear this a lot..not to be confused with waking up groggy constantly the next morn, but yes it knocking ppl out for longer periods of time..i guess since it does not affect me that way (only like once in a blue moon) I tend to neglect this aspect in discussion..if it is an issue, simply scale back the dosing

good insight!

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
where at?
lol :p
you know, I hear this a lot..not to be confused with waking up groggy constantly the next morn, but yes it knocking ppl out for longer periods of time..i guess since it does not affect me that way (only like once in a blue moon) I tend to neglect this aspect in discussion..if it is an issue, simply scale back the dosing

good insight!
Milltown, IN - from the facebook page for the event it looked like a decent art/music event for the area (not that those count for anything...) - turned out to be all the country raver kids that knew each other between Evansville & Louisville, plus me & my group of performer friends - heck, half of the organizers that invited us failed to show up...

Yeah - I don't mind it at all. Albeit, I'm more used to how HGHPro seems to wake me up like a rocket after about 6-7 hours.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Rest day yesterday. Got up & smashed OHP this morning! I’ve been feeling great about these this cycle of 5-3-1 – as it seems my DL might be starting to slow, OHP keeps moving along with relative ease.

Had ½ scoop of G8, mixed with BCAA/SAA Monday night – only had about 6hrs sleep & I definitely felt groggy. Last night, my wife & I both took ½ scoop of G8 & I crashed out for a solid 9hrs. I was curious how she would handle it, as she has always fought sleep issues as long as I’ve known her (especially around the beginning & end of the school year – she’s works in a couple rural Indiana grade schools). She said she didn’t get quite the same knock out, but did feel a deeper sleep. On the other hand, I went to bed sore & woke up feeling quite refreshed – I’m really looking forward to trying a full scoop Friday night so I can sleep in Saturday.

I do like the BCAA/SAA quite a bit as well. It mixes better than any other BCAA I’ve tried. They all sort of have an odd smell, I think, this being no different. However, the apple taste is pretty nice.

-----

OHP (seated): 115x5, 130x3, 145x3 (+2)

Superset 5 sets of 10
Chins 25lbs
OHP 75lbs

Hit the treadmill for about 15 minutes – nothing special, just a little extra burn. Had to cut short though as I was running low on time this morning.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Continuing to recomp - weight is 180 (+/- a couple) in both pics.

January
20130104_070404web.jpg

Taken this morning
20130807_065358web.jpg

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey hey. Crashing your log. Those fire pics look awesome! :)

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
went out to a super fancy restaurant for dinner. I had grilled salmon & shrimp, fingerling potatoes in some sort of lightly mustard-ish cream sauce. After dinner, my wife suggested a couple drinks – who am I to turn that down?... ;) Didn’t want to get too crazy mixing G8 & alcohol, being super sleepy by the end of the evening anyway, so I skipped the G8 last night. Fighting a little bit of sinus crud lately – always present in the river valley. Nothing too extreme, just can’t breathe out of my nose half the time…

My recovery during training & extra practice seems to be keeping pace for the most part. My grip has taken a hit though. DL fails usually occur on grip about ¾ up the pull – I’ve noticed it’s always the palm facing me hand, regardless if I switch hands – the backwards hand stays solid. I might break out the straps through this coming deload & maybe in assistance work, if needed, just to give my hands an extra break. I will not use them during work sets though – to me I can’t really count them, since it’s not a true test of the whole chain

I need to get on Youtube & start posting some vids. That’s my goal for next week -

DL – 275x5, 310x3, 350x3 (+2) (pulled one more after reseting & putting gloves but not counting it)

Superset 5 sets of 10
Hanging Leg Raises – 5x15
DL – 185 (50%) – 5x10

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Kicked back just over ½ scoop of G8 last night – slept like a baby once again. I don’t wake up, or seem to even move once I’m out, with this stuff. Very restful sleep. The only downside I can say so far is I move a little slower right out of bed in the morning. Sorta ‘stoned’ like feeling – I’m awake, but I’m not going anywhere too quickly. It clears up after I kill my preworkout though.

Bench today – between a bit of a slow start & trying to capture video for the first time ever, it took a bit longer, but had a good workout. Upped the reps a little on my ab work as well. I’m always fighting butt lift once the weight gets up higher. The last set, I had a bit of a weird hitch about halfway on the 3rd rep, partially me, partially my wife popping into the room to say bye

-----
Bench – 185x5, 210x3, 235x4 (+3)

Superset 5 sets of 10
Kroc Rows – 80bs – 5x10
Bench – 125lbs – 5x10

Abs
sit-up w/ slant board – plate held over/behind head – 10x40
Roll-out – 30
DB Side Bend – 50x20
-----

First time posting vids ever – rip em up! I'm sure I could use plenty of technique work
(My phone zooms in when it goes to video, so I was having trouble getting the angle I wanted, as the room isn't all that big - can't really see my chest once the bar comes down - I'll work on that)

185x5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB-ComNTBN8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

210x3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59sDOBbP8Lo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

235x4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwvjCKr6MGM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Work now?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah works now. Question though. Are you lifting for power or lifting for bb propose? Butt comes off the pad pretty high. Lower back is probably sore today.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Yeah works now. Question though. Are you lifting for power or lifting for bb propose? Butt comes off the pad pretty high. Lower back is probably sore today.
Yeah power. butt comes up bad for sure...

Back feels alright actually. I do yoga a couple times a week-that helps a lot

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not a power lifter by any means let me get that out of the way first lol. I think though that when you set your arch, your feet are not far enough back for one, and you reset your body again when you grip. That might be from the rack set up, but to me it looks like you are trying to pull your shoulder blades together once you are in position and that is again causing your feet to slide forward more hence losing more arch causing your butt to rise even more. Like I said I'm no power lifter but that's what I saw. Someone with a bit more experience might could critique better then me.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Cool - yeah, shoulder blades end up being set last, my rack has super wide pins, so I roll the bar to the lip of the pins, then set shoulders go.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Far enough back- towards my head or away?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Watch some of Dave Tate's videos on bench press he has some good ones on youtube.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Watch some of Dave Tate's videos on bench press he has some good ones on youtube.
Good call - I've watched the "so you think you can..." series- need to check em out again

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Hehehe... I had no idea my grunting/cursing was that loud on the video ...LOL. my wife was cracking up, she asked to see the clips

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Getting ready for squats - going over some elitefts vids, mixing my pwo. Lets try this video thing again ...

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
205x5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ5_b4snx4g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

230x3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRHAk8jpFOI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

260x3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dA7WuSYuro&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Any tips, suggestions, etc, greatly appreciated. Hopefully this angle shows necessary info. I feel like my hips come up before everything else gets going. Felt little out of sync. No excuse, but having the video going changes my mental state a bit. I'll get used to that, as i can obviously learn a thing or 20 by showing you folks and having it dissected

I need to find a way to not upload the sound though...

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
1/2 scoop G8 last night - Wow! I noticed that since I didn't get woken up by my alarm & just slept as needed, I was refreshed & ready to go this morning - night and day difference compared to being woken up mid sleep cycle... Busy day today (running a booth at World on the Square in Corydon for my wife's school), but planning on giving 1 full scoop a shot tonight.

-----

Squat – 205x5, 230x3, 260x3 (+2)

Superset 5 sets of 10
Lying Leg Curls – 90lbs – 5x10
Squat A2G – 135lbs – 5x10

Abs
sit-up w/ slant board – plate held over/behind head – 10x40
Roll-out – 30
DB Side Bend – 50x20

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jealous of the home gym!

Good squats man. Id focus on just opening your knees up some more and that'll help. Strong erectors will keep ya from "good morning'ing" the weight up.

Ive been sleeping like a rock with G8. It's definetly awesome stuff

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Jealous of the home gym!

Good squats man. Id focus on just opening your knees up some more and that'll help. Strong erectors will keep ya from "good morning'ing" the weight up.

Ive been sleeping like a rock with G8. It's definetly awesome stuff
Once I get a cage, I'll be set...

I will work on that more. Makes sense. In the "so you think " vids, he kept saying something about the movement being out to in vs up and down. I think I'm starting to get what you both are referring to. Thanks a lot!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Getting woken up mid sleep cycle is bad stuff. G8 should keep you in the REM where the best recovery is going on with no problems.